Finale Inventory Logo

See why companies are saying: Finally, I've found Finale.

Finale Inventory Reviews

Suggested alternatives

cin7
cin7-core
zoho-inventory

Their customer service is fantastic, they respond quickly and can get you moving in the right direction right away. You get the feeling that they want to help you be successful.
The software is very easy to learn and use, along with great features and functionality. Has some great workarounds and has been able to do everything we've needed and much more.
All systems lack something but there are no real standouts to me right now. Having done so many system ups, I have had to find less manual or other workarounds to run this system.
Sometimes when mapping items, I start to type and a drop down menu of items appears and when I click on the correct one, the wrong one gets inputted.
I dislike that we can't delete Product Lookups from a Product ID once it's been created.

Ember H.

Sports, 1-10 employees

Simple & Powerful

Finale has helped my company make operations fast, efficient and accurate so we can spend less time on operations and more time on sales and customer relations. The customer support at Finale is pretty incredible...I've called out of the blue and gotten someone on a screenshare call within minutes to fix an issue. Overall this software may not look like the most high tech inventory solution out there, but simply put, it works. Give them a try.

Pros

It's everything you need an inventory software to do simply and easily without bloat or unnecessary features. Finale integrates seamlessly with all our sales channels and works perfectly all the time. We have multiple warehouses. Before Finale, I used to have to manually update this inventory from multiple spreadsheets...it took about 4 hours every week. Now the same exact task takes me about 4 minutes and I do it daily. We are have increased accuracy with less work. The single best feature about Finale is the product lookups that allow you to match multiple sku variations to one primary sku.

Cons

The returns and exchanges process needs improvement. I would like to create PO's in bulk.

AK

Allison K.

Finale Inventory

Was advertised as easy to install and would be easy to walk through regardless of tech savvy or not but the process dragged and instead of getting it up and running sooner it was several months later.

Pros

Ability to predict run out of product Cost breakdown QOH and available counts

Cons

When the site is only updated every five minutes and if having high sales the probability of overselling is so much higher. Was recommended if only a few items left in stock to pause the push for inventory counts then restart once the sale or traffic slows down to catch up.

Hello Allison, We'd be happy to review your account settings to see if we can help mitigate overselling. Like you mention, there are several best practices we can apply to your account when QOH is low, as well as proactive issuance of purchase orders based on reorder quantities reporting to make sure you're a step ahead of it all as best as possible. Please feel free to contact us at service@finaleinventory.com at your convenience.

AD

AMY D.

Computer Hardware, 51-200 employees

Simple program

Needs a lot of work, needs to sync with other platforms as well.

Pros

Very basic, no advanced knowledge of other programs needed, links directly to Ship Station as well

Cons

A lot of modules don't work and it doesn't allow you to take on returns from marketplaces.

Charity A.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Finally, the answer I was looking for!

I've compared MANY different Inventory Platforms before landing on Finale. What ultimately sold me was the incredible value they punched for the price. I had several criteria that I needed to fulfill for our startup company, several of which were matched in other inventory platforms, but NEVER all of them. Once I found Finale and how they fulfilled all of our needs, I thought it was too good to be...

Pros

Their integration with ShipStation, Woo, and Quickbooks desktop. Their INCREDIBLE support and training resources. They've JUST integrated a way to track inventory from within the ShipStation platform so that we don't have to switch back and forth between platforms to be sure our products are ready to be shipped.

Cons

The interface of the platform isn't very "pretty". I also found it a tad hard to navigate, without the training that they offer. There's a WELL of capability within the platform and it takes a while to understand, BUT I actually wanted it that way.

Ken S.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Great product and customer service

Overall we are very happy with Finale Inventory. The sotware does what it need to and the customer service team is outstanding!

Pros

Coming from an open source erp that was complicated I loke how easy it is to find and do things in Finale. I especially like the cut and paste spreadsheet import system. This makes it much easier to accomplish many tasks. As with wany new software, customer service is really importat and the people at Finale get and A+ in customer service. They offer live training, video tutorials and are always avaailable to answer questions.

Cons

We are new to the software and have found nothing we really would want to change.

Andy F.

Sporting Goods, 1-10 employees

Very functional application with knowledgeable and attentive tech support

Pros

The inventory tracking is top-notch, and it's eliminated all instances of us shipping an incorrect item. The app is feature-rich, and whenever a feature is lacking, Mike & Chinh work to quickly create the functionality we've requested (when possible). They are quick to respond and help us when needed, and we look forward to using Finale for years to come!

Cons

Why spend time writing a con when we can just ask them to add a given feature? They have addressed every issue thus far.

Mariah B.

Absolutely, purely, phenomenally, magical

Pros

Finale is BY FAR the best software package I have ever used. Its functionality has virtually no limits, they team of engineers working on it are constantly improving, and you can have as many calls as you need to get set up at no charge. In a nutshell, the value it provides is unmatched.

Cons

I have not found anything I dislike. The user interface took a minute to get oriented to because there is SO much you can do but I'd rather have more functionality than less and, since they have training videos and amazing support, you just need to spend the time to think through what you want it to do and they will make it happen.

JS

Jessica S.

Warehousing, 51-200 employees

Great Website

My overall experience is that I really like it and I'm very comfortable with using it. It took me about a week to get a hang of it ... It's just that simple. I would recommend this and use this as well.

Pros

This product is probably the easiest to use and understand. I like how simple and self explanatory it is.

Cons

The only thing I didn't like was that I couldn't stock change myself and at times some things wouldn't populate.

Carolyn H.

Wholesale, 11-50 employees

The customer service is excellent! You can easily reach and get a response from a real person.

As we get the system dialed in on our end, it gives us peace of mind to know that we have much more accurate information to work with and base decisions on.

Pros

It really helps create more organization, structure, & efficiency to our inventory supply chain. The company has been great working with another vendor or ours to seamlessly integrate our CRM system.

Cons

We've not run into anything that has been a big challenge or issue. They actually welcome feedback and make changes to help the customer/user experience.

Mark W.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 11-50 employees

Finale Inventory

We have been using Finale Inventory to manage our frozen and chilled food logistics business in the UK since 2014, and from our initial enquiry until now the software and support have been nothing less than excellent.

JM

Joseph M.

Superb service, perfect for our needs, easy to use

Pros

We are part of a university research lab group that uses Finale to track supplies of biospecimen collection kits (builds) and lab supplies. The ability to create builds (to track individual components) for our kits is wonderful! Also, the ability to track lot identifiers and expiration dates is critical for lab reagents and things like blood collection vials. Having Finale Inventory has really helped...

Cons

Overall, we are extremely happy with the software. Sometimes our inventory numbers get off due to user error, especially when our builds change (which is not often). So we don't suggest relying solely on re-order thresholds. This is a problem more with our workflow than the software, but it would be nice if there were some kind of mechanism to assist with build changes and inventory audits (though...

KK

Kevin K.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Without good customer service, even the best software is pretty much worthless.

Simple inventory that fits how we work.

Pros

Finale Inventory is very easy to use, not overly-built and accessible to the small-medium sized business who do not need a complicated ERP management type system. Right out of the gate, it is very easy to set up and start using, so that you can be productive in the first day. Simply start where you need, and build outward from there. There is no need to make things complicated. You can start...

Cons

A web interface has it's limitations, but even that is being improved! Being in the cloud make internet connectivity necessary when using. No surprises there.

AL

A L D.

Retail, self-employed

Finale Inventory Review

Pros

The ability to integrate with ShipStation, maintain an accurate inventory, produce accounting reports and make drop shipments. I have very much appreciated my time using Finale Inventory. Their team has a can do attitude that has been always ready to address and help with any question or issue that I have had using their program. An additional plus for Finale Inventory is that they always working to improve its functionality. Finale is not one of those companies that is stagnant and resting on their laurels, but are constantly working to grow and improve their program for the end user. This is a great solution for smaller companies that have been outpriced by cloud based systems that are more oriented to mid to larger companies.

Cons

It would be nice if there was complete functionality on a mobile device. Drop down boxes within the program work in the Windows 10 environment, but not within Andorid. There is a little bit of a learning curve to understanding the program, but in actuality it is only because it is such a great program and there is so much that you can do in its environment to maintain an accurate inventory and produce accounting reports.

Steve B.

Finale is the best SMB inventory, orders and returns management system on available on the market!

We've been searching the right system to take our company to the next level, lowering working hours and human errors in managing our inventory, sales and especially returns. We've been checking 13 different cloud based software solutions and were mainly interested in 3 features: 1. Manage and sync inventory between our online platforms, Amazon and Magento and offline wholesale orders - so there...

LL

Lauren L.

Finale is 10/10!

Excellent- would use them again and again

Pros

Finale was one of the easiest, most intuitive platforms that I have used in my business. The dashboard, functionalities, and capabilities definitely set it apart in the industry. The customer service team and everyone from onboarding through daily assistance were incredible to work with. They helped me tremendously and my business with our inventory management.

Cons

Nothing- for what I needed to use it for, there were zero issues. Any obstacles I did face, with unique scenarios in my business the team assisted me with and worked through a resolution.

MS

Mike S.

Furniture, 11-50 employees

Wouldn't be here without it

Pros

We purchased Finale Inventory within the first few weeks of starting our business in 2016, back when $149 was an insane amount of money to be spending on software each month and we could barely afford it. It was one of the best decisions we made. Not only do we have historic data going back to the beginning of our business, Finale has allowed us to grow and scale in a way we never could have without it. Our catalog started with a few component entries and has grown to hundreds of SKUs in a short couple of years. We never could have managed this growth in a sustainable manner without the important inventory tracking capabilities that Finale provides.

Cons

Velocity tracking of build orders and material usage similar to how components are tracked from sales orders.

AM

Andrew M.

Finale Inventory Software

Finale's customer service is exceptional. Can't express that enough.

Pros

Using Finale has saved us an incredible amount of time. The orders off our e-commerce websites are created automatically in Finale and inventory is adjusted and tracked automatically, requiring little to no work on our end for this. It really does so many things well, its hard to say one thing we like the most. We just take it for granted. Easily the best software company we have dealt with. They willingly and quickly answer our questions.

Cons

I think getting used to using it. Learning any new system takes time.

HC

Heath C.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Finale is an extremely manageable, seamless tool!

After a year and a half with Finale I can definitely say that I would use it/recommend it to other businesses. I can do my job very quickly and accurately with this product.

Pros

When you take the time to really set up Finale with all of your product information and reorder points tightly, it makes every day work a breeze!

Cons

I'm definitely not a fan of the "Customize This Screen" feature. It has always had a bit "too" much information to pull from. It can also be very glitchy when trying to reorganize the way your dashboard looks.

SM

Sean M.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 11-50 employees

Finale Inventory Review

Implementing Finale Inventory with our organization has been a game changer! The platform is easy to use & navigate. Integrating other company software platforms is a breeze! The Finale team is always working on ways to improve and update the system to give their users the best possible experience, and upgrading futures to aid management in all aspects of any organizations inventory needs, including analytics! The Finale customer support team is always quick to response and willing to help out in a timely and professional manner.

Pros

Integrating across multiple platforms is a breeze! Finale is easy to use & navigate! As our business grows Finale has the capabilities to grow with us our needs grow and at our own pace.

Cons

I Wish it had sort of customizable KPI dashboard built into the newly added analytics tab.

CS

Christopher S.

Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees

Wish I'd found Finale years ago

Syncs inventory across all selling channels to prevent overselling and underselling. Handles kits/bundles with no problem.

Pros

I've evaluated a few other solutions and for the money, Finale is great. There is a learning curve and it certainly helps if you're good with excel. But once you get things set up it's phenomenal. No more worrying about overselling - it syncs up with all our venues almost in real time. Also - and this can't be stressed enough - no more UNDERselling. We used to leave stock aside as a buffer to prevent overselling. Now we're confident keeping all that we have listed as stock changes (for breakage/miscount/etc) take seconds and are uploaded to all venues within minutes. I wish I'd have found this years ago!

Cons

The documentation can be a little confusing/incomplete in places but customer service is very responsive. Also, getting it to integrate with OpenCart was a bit of a chore but OpenCart almost always requires a little finagling to get things to work so I'm used to it. The only other thing that I'd like to see is a mobile app for quick inventory changes when we're away from a desktop/laptop. I tried bringing the desktop site up on my android phone and it doesn't work very well.

MA

Mikayla A.

Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees

Great Software

Finale has been super helpful in managing our inventory as well as cracking down on accuracy with picking orders.

Pros

The integration with our other software is vital and Finale makes it seamless. Because Finale has so many functions/capabilities to fit the needs of various business structures, it can be overwhelming to set up/manage all features as needed, so the customer service is very helpful.

Cons

Not all features and names of said features are super intuitive until you're used to using them.

AZ

Ana Z.

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Finale is a critical part of keeping track of our inventory

Pros

For our company, the ability to see what inventory we have and where it is at a glance is such a time saver.

Cons

The invoicing side could be improved, but it has been improved significantly since I started using it in 2016.

RS

Regina S.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 51-200 employees

Finale Makes Our World Easier

Our overall experience with Finale has been thumbs up; our facility would not be able to run like a well-oiled machine without this system. Kudos to all!

Pros

Using Finale makes our daily takes run smoothly, and hiccups are fixed in a timely manner, the troubleshooting team is outstanding.

Cons

There aren't any known issues with Finale within our team.

DP

Derrick P.

Retail, self-employed

Small But Growing Business on Multiple Platforms

Finale has done great solving the main need we had, that is, a centralized inventory that is synced across multiple selling platforms. They worked with us to be one of the first customers syncing to Amazon.co.uk which was great. There have only been a few selling platforms they do not yet support but we are hoping to come soon. Sometimes the software is a little quirky to use, but for the most part, is pretty stable and you can usually find a good workaround. It is limited in the fact you cannot centralize listings/data and push those out (only inventory stock levels), but for the cost of the product, this was understood. Still love it and plan to continue using it going forward.

Pros

Centralized inventory synced across multiple sales channels/platforms

Cons

Sometimes "clunky" or quirky in areas; adding new products a little cumbersome; more sales channels to sync with would be great (Please get Weebly soon!)

WZ

William Z.

Excellent, Very Professional

Pros

Easy to use, Convenient and always growing to meet your needs. A Family like Customer service that will help you with any questions you might have. I would highly recommend this software to any company handling any type of inventory, from Explosives to Pencils. This software will work for anything and everything and the staff will meet any request you have in a timely manner