Maintainly Logo

Maintainly

CMMS platform for asset and work order management

Maintainly Reviews

4.2

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend7.84/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

It has been a positive experience that I have had, thoroughly enjoyed it.
Very good system with excellent and approachable support staff.
Keeping track of time and parts can be a pain in the hind end. That was before Fixd, now all of this is a piece of cake.

JS

Janice S.

Renewables & Environment, 51-200 employees

Excellent System, User Friendly with all the info you need!

I first started using Fixd 4 years ago when I worked for a different company. After being hired by another company who needed an inventory system it was a no brainer for me to instantly think of Fixd! My employer had begun trying to set up a different system and after one look at it I told them that there was a much better system out there called Fixd. I explained the system and showed them how it worked and they where very happy to switch. Pricing is excellent, support is top notch and the system covers all levels of inventory management. The customer service and IT support that fixd offers is unlike many other programs I have used. The team at Fixd is easy to get in touch with and is always there to help with whatever you need!

Pros

I have always liked how easy this system is to use. My site technicians who where not computer savvy easily caught on to the system and how it worked and enjoyed using it as it made their lives so much easier! This system is also web based so a company like the one I work for with heavy security and firewalls makes this system a perfect fit as it doesn't require its own server.

Cons

There isn't anything I do no like about this software. User friendly, and covers all areas of inventory management.

MG

Mike G.

Utilities, 501-1,000 employees

Good sound product

Very good system with excellent and approachable support staff. Only real downside is that software functionality and/or screen appearance is often changed without advance notice to users or even release notes. Not always an issue but this can be a problem if one is going in to do a quick query/adjustment "on the go" and has to try and work out what is going on. I would like the ability to write my own bespoke reports.

Pros

Cost effective, easy to use and intuative.

Cons

Asset Structure can be a bit confusing and is inconsistent overtime between sites and there are a couple of data vagaries from the early days that can't be removed.

Thanks for the feedback Mike!

TT

Timothy T.

Utilities, 201-500 employees

fixed ever changing

Pros

stores data and scanned documents I need to find tasks completed by other workers and read their reports . the way searches work seems to keep changing so I have to figure out how to work the software again. I did not like the way the search date changed from job complete to last the document was updated as physical work date is more important to me. also the search by asset closed jobs changed now I have to re-search for each of our 100 top assets. changes seem to be driven by the biggest users without the option to keep what was working for you .

Cons

Hi Timothy, Thanks for your review & sorry to hear that the recent product advancements interrupted your current flow. We'll shortly reach out to you directly to arrange a call to as it appears that you may have missed the advanced filtering option that now exists - so you can actually continue to view tasks in the same way that you previously did.

SB

Sally B.

Fixd Software Review

Fixd can be tricky to ensure schedules are set up correctly, but very easy once you get the idea, you can the "Copy" the asset tree from another saving time, Tech support on chat are always on hand to help out and provide suggestions and investigate any issues promptly

Pros

Fixd is an extremely user friendly system for our technicians to use, It is very easy to create, edit and manage tasks and schedules,

Cons

The ability to also have a sliding schedule and not just a fixed time range on all maintenance tasks This would save removing and recreating schedules and would be an extreme advantage, anc able to set on individual l assets not entire fleet

KR

Karey R.

Renewables & Environment, 5,001-10,000 employees

My opinion

Internal inventory issues

Pros

Ease of navigation and overall appearance, very clean and concise

Cons

No complaints as of yet, everything is very self explanatory

Thanks for the review of Fixd, Karey!

JE

Jason E.

review

mostly good

Pros

its pretty good to use in general, usually the updates are for the better once you get your head around them

Cons

there are a few little annoying things with it, id like it to be able to personalise better. I work on a 4 man site and we have to wade through all the other users, when there was only a few users in fixd it was ok. we now have heaps on heaps of sites and its just a mess

Your feedback is greatly appreciated Jason. It appears that your org has a lot of sites with many, many users assigned to each site, which can start to make finding specific users more difficult. But, you'll be pleased to know that we already have a feature in our development roadmap that will ensure the most frequently selected users for your site are prioritised when you're presented with the complete list of users :-)

KT

Keiran T.

Oil & Energy, 501-1,000 employees

Fixd is a very useful tools but it does have its limitations

It would be great if the website was optimised for mobile. Sometimes I like to bring up tasks while I'm away from my desk but it's very difficult to navigate.

Pros

Ease of use espically with the issuing TOC, the ability to raise new tasks is quite easy and straight forward, customer service is excellent as any issue get sorted very quickly.

Cons

Hositing can be very slow at times, no ability to edit exisiting user names/email addresses, browser spellcheck no longer works with the new comments field, file uploading limit is too small (would be nice if it was raised to 10mb)

LF

Laura F.

Utilities, 1,001-5,000 employees

Extremely User Friendly

My company found our selves in a situation in which we needed Inventory Control measures put in place is a very short period of time. Fixd was easily implemented and has been a breeze to use since. We have grown with Fixd (formerly WTGservice) and are happy to be a part of the family. I personally am the administrator for my company and if I can't solve an issue myself, the Customer Service is second to none.

Pros

Cons

Small glitches that can occur with double clicks

LL

LaTessa L.

Renewables & Environment, 201-500 employees

Fixd is a great way to keep track of inventory

I am very pleased with Fixd and hope I am able to continue to use this product.

Pros

I like that it is a "one stop shop" for inventory, timecards etc. I use all the functions either monthly, daily, and even hourly. I call this system my "leg" when it comes to inventory.

Cons

I wish the search feature was more user friendly. If you don't type in the exact working, it will not pull up the inventory item.

CB

Corey B.

Renewables & Environment, 201-500 employees

Pros

Has all the features that we need to perform our daily tasks.

Cons

Updates with major changes to the platform layout seem somewhat frequent. Have to relearn how to get your information every so often.

Thanks for the feedback Corey. We're always looking to advance the software for the better & improve functionality. Thanks for your patience during that process!

JA

John A.

Long Term User - Wind Industry

After using may CMMS Platforms. I would rate Fixd as one of if not the best systems. SOme of the Bigger systems offer a lot of high end functionality, however the simplicity of Fixd means it will acctually get used. With out the Data, a CMMS system simply does not work.

Pros

Fixd is fantastic in its simplicity and easy to roll out to new team members. I have used this platform with a past employer and was pleased to adopt Fixd as our CMMS with Goldwind. Over the past 10+ years. My team has looked into other platforms as part of standardisation with our parent.,However we have maintained and fully reverted to Fixd for our Asset Maintenance Management as no other software was able to meet our requirements with the simplicity that Fixd is known for. .

Cons

My worst experiences with FIxd was of no fault to the software, and was a result of not following the process recommended by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the team. This system works best when it is kept simple and standardised across your sites. This allows maximum flexibility and functionality.

Thanks for the review John! It has been our pleasure to have you as a long-term user of Fixd.

KD

Kabirdas D.

Advantage to Business

Great tool to use and easy and friendly

Pros

Easy to Use, Integration is easy, reports are customized.

Cons

More categories in the employee time sheet entry for more analysis. Employee Code Blank need to be updated for new starters and contractors which allows the allocation smoother. Reports need to avoid all characters like # , : ; " ' ( ) _ -$ % & * / \ to void manual deletion to upload data into business software. Archived Inventory numbers should not be allowed to be select in the material list against tasks

Thanks for the valuable feedback Kabirdas!

JH

Jamie H.

Utilities, 501-1,000 employees

Great product that plays to it's strengths

Great relationship with Fixd over the past eight years. Great customer service and fault support.

Pros

Ease of use. Does exactly what it says it does. Highly effective in supporting our five wind farms operations. Great app that is simple but effective.

Cons

It is cloud based so needs connectivity. With the remote location of some of our assets, this can be a challenge.

jb

josh b.

Oil & Energy, 11-50 employees

Good Easy to use

good

Pros

good easy to use, app is usefull, drop down menus are good

Cons

new version is worse than old, no spell chheck

Thanks for leaving some feedback Josh. While the spell-check is actually an internet browser feature, we are looking at some changes to the comments field in the future to ensure that it's able to take advantage of the browser spell check.

MM

Matt M.

Oil & Energy, 201-500 employees

Overall good experience and easy to use and navigate

Pros

Ease of use and navigability it is easy to find work tasks and create new tasks. I also like the ease of time entry.

Cons

We sometimes lose comments and time entry due to multiple people being in the same open task if there was a way to show if there is multiple people that have the task open or allow multiple people to be working in the task.

MK

Matt K.

Utilities, 11-50 employees

Pros

The product is easy to navigate between tabs. Another easy feature is to upload document to the task.

Cons

The fixd app is confusing and hard to use. Adding a list of materials to a task is time consuming, it would be nice to have a maintenance parts list per loaded in fixed to expend parts.

LC

Luke C.

Utilities, 1,001-5,000 employees

Nice and Easy

Keeping track of time and parts can be a pain in the hind end! That was before Fixd, now all of this is a piece of cake! The ease of learning and using this product is hands down the best I have worked with. I have used other systems similar and it took me twice as much time to become proficient with other programs. Thanks a million for your product! I would recommend it to anyone!

CF

Christopher F.

Oil & Energy, 10,001+ employees

A useful system that can be easily accessed whilst out of the office

Pros

Stored information is easily accessible and the site is easy to navigate, the is more that the software can do for us which we are hoping to utilize in the future

Cons

During recent maintenance the whole site was down and we were unable to access any of our documentation

ES

Eddie S.

Renewables & Environment, 10,001+ employees

Super Sexy Fixd review

it has been a positive experience that I have had, thoroughly enjoyed it

Pros

Can use across multiple sites, trace gear and materials used.

Cons

The latest update makes selecting assets harder

Thanks for the review, Eddie :-)

MR

Michel R.

Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees

Very good software for usage on Overall Maintenance on Wind Farms

I've been using it for maintenance, asset, and inventory control and it helps me to make strategic decisions on budget and time planning.

Pros

How easy and intuitive it is to create and work with Tasks and also the support team who are always ready to help.

Cons

It doesn't have a Task decision control implemented yet and the Task's Service report is yet to show images.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated Michel!

JS

Joshua S.

Facilities Services, 501-1,000 employees

Fixd Review

We have been using this program for a few years now. It started as WTG Services and was recently changed to Fixd. It makes the receiving and billing out of parts very easy and efficient. Also makes recording time to certain very easy as well.

MH

Matt H.

Renewables & Environment, 11-50 employees

User friendly

Pros

Simple to learn and use. Everything presented clearly for quick and easy use.

Cons

Some updates feel like they take a backwards step but are usually repaired quickly

Many thanks for your comments Matt!

SW

Stuart W.

Utilities, 5,001-10,000 employees

Functional software delivery our needs

Excellent for the purposes of accessing data being provided by our contractors. Also the team at FIXD are able to present us with options for accessing new data and responding to our queries.

Pros

It's easy to navigate and for the purposes of my requirements easy and quick to get to the information that I need. It's not overly cluttered, so it doesn't present me with information that I don't require.

Cons

As mentioned in the pro's field, this software delivers what we need from the software in terms of tracking maintenance on our assets.

Thanks for the feedback Stuart, it's greatly appreciated!

BC

Brett C.

Utilities, 201-500 employees

Good for PC

We primarily use Fixd for a couple tasks. All of our hourly employees use Fixd to keep track of their hours and we use the "Documents" feature to host our safety documentation, procedures, and any other field doc that the technicians need to access while on the road. As far as the time sheet feature, it can be a bit of a pain to do on a small mobile device, but you can get the job done. Documents works as expected on a PC but severely struggles while on a mobile device, this is becoming an issue. We are primarily switching to a tablet type of workforce and having our documents inaccessible does not work. We are experimenting with other softwares for document management because of this.

Pros

Simple and easy to use. Timesheets work very well

Cons

Does not work well on mobile devices. There isn't even a mobile optimized view that would make using a mobile browser so much easier. Also, the app is frustrating to say the least, it is very thin on features and crashes when I try to use it on my iPad.

Thanks for the review Brett! Glad to hear that you like the timesheets and also the ease of use! The mobile apps (native to both Android & iOS) are both in their first iteration, so we're currently working really hard to add to the initial functionality - particularly with integrating both documentation & timesheets :-) Compatibility wise, the iOS app is optimized for use with the iPad. We've not had any client feedback to date to suggest any issues with crashing, so we'll get in touch with you directly via our support channel and get more details on your set-up & try and find out why you might be experiencing any issue.

NC

Nick C.

Oil & Energy,

Great product which is simple to use and quick to learn

Pros

It's ease of use. I come from using SAP/ADP Maximo which are both just awful and clunky systems, being able to briefly train a new technician or someone unfamiliar with the system on how to use it and have them proficient within a few days speaks for itself. We have a BOP technician who is not all that proficient with computers and we have been able to easily walk him through the site over the phone to help us find parts needed while we were not able to get to a computer.

Cons

When approving tasks, sometimes I have issues where my site will not populate and it takes a few extra clicks to get back after each job I close. Also, while using "Quick Approval" it would be nice if you could scroll through the details on that page vs. having to open up the task. When I go through and close tasks I will open the task and click each tab to verify everything, if I could review all of that info on one page it seems like it may be quicker/easier. Another nitpick I have would be to have a quick button on the main screen to create a task on single/multiple assets vs. having to click through a few screens.