GoCodes Reviews

User ratings

4.4

• Likelihood to recommend8.16/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

I appreciate the courteous customer service I received while researching and implementing this software. The rep was a huge help with answering my many questions.
We use the mapping too, to see if an item is in one or the other warehouse. Overall, this has been a great investment in a tool that help us, and continues to improve as we grow as well.
GoCodes has been a great asset to our company in the 3 months that we have been users.
Set up was a little frustrating because we had a different inventory system.
This also makes it more difficult to train people to use the App as they are unsure about which fields to change since all fields are available.

GoCodes users...

Barcode Scanning-logocaret
listing-logo

Barcode Scanning

Microsoft Excel-logocaret
listing-logo

Microsoft Excel

How would you rate GoCodes?

GoCodes review

Pros

That I had the option to add the codes manually or by scanning codes. Also scanning a few codes together and then update all at the same time.

Cons

I didn't find the mobile version as easy to use as the desktop. One thing I didn't like was that if I forgot to "check out" then what I had added wasn't being added.

Hello Behsid, thanks for taking the time to review GoCodes and provide specific feedback. Can you explain more for what you mean when you say ' if I forgot to "check out" then what I had added wasn't being added.' Is this on the desktop or app? If you can provide more information we would be happy to investigate further.

GoCodes Asset Management Review

My Overall experience has been good using GoCodes. I find it does help me with my day to day jobs.

Pros

Simple Set up. Easy to use. Doesn't take up to much phone space.

Cons

Software can be slow at times. I have found nothing else which has been a problem for me.

Thanks for the review. We are concerned about your comment regarding the response time. We implemented a major system upgrade in Q4 2018 and that should result in sub second response times for many requests. Can you share the specifics with our support team and they will get this resolved support@gocodes.com

Practical use needing user experience work

Enjoying it and especially since we can have people download it without worrying about keeping track of scanners.

Pros

The nice thing is that we can bulk describe and allocate units. On the phone makes it easy on the go for a large non profit like us.

Cons

Prone to crashes especially when working through multiple units and details.

Hello Jonathan, thanks for the review. We are working on a new release of the iPhone app that will address the issue that can occur sometimes with updating multiple assets at once. If you have any specifics to share that would be great. support@gocodes.com

GoCodes is User Friendly once set up properly

GoCodes has been very useful on keeping track of all our equipment and who is using what devices.

Pros

Once it was set up properly, it was easy to use.

Cons

Set up was a little frustrating because we had a different inventory system. Also, the search feature still needs to be improved. Monthly emails should be sent out reminding of any beneficial tutorials on using the system from basic to advanced.

Hello Lyndon, thanks for great review of GoCodes. I think it's a great idea to include more product tips and tutorials in our period product email communications.

Asset Management for Post Production Assets

We've been using it for 2 years to tag all of our important assets and are big fans.

Pros

The search functionality and the ability to create notes is very helpful for our workflows.

Cons

I wish there was a media & entertainment or post production specific line of asset tags we could use but we've created our own unique ones.

Praise indeed from Amazon Studios! Thanks for the great feedback. We can also provide tags in a range of materials including those suited to media equipment. Just contact sales@gocodes.com and we can provide some options like metal foil or metal tags.

GoCodes, inventory tracking done right!

It was a nightmare tracking all users IT equipment and our spreadsheets growing at alarming rate when COVID hit and everyone started working remotely. Although started out for IT inventory tracking, now we track other company property like office furniture. We can create and edit fields to whatever we need them to be.

Pros

Piece of cake to set up. Phone app works really well with the included bar codes. Like that ordinary users can scan the code and send admins a message stating they have the product.

Cons

Although it tracks GPS data, it's not really GPS tracking. Wherever the last scan was taken is the GPS location. So if you move to another location, it does not update.

Hello Mae, thanks for the great review. Awesome to hear you think GoCodes is 'inventory tracking done right!'.

Co codes

Pros

the ease of use and addition of new items

Cons

the inability to merge items that are the same

Hello Dominique, thanks for reviewing GoCodes. Glad you love the ease of use! While you cannot merge items that are the same, you can enter and update multiple identical items at once using the mobile apps. Just scan or search for the item IDs and then use the Update All feature to fill in the fields you want to use and they will be updated to all the items you scanned. Please check our knowledge base for more information or contact support@gocodes.com

GoCodes has simplified our monthly fire extinguisher and ladder inspection process.

Pros

I use GoCodes to conveniently track periodic inspections for safety equipment such as fire extinguishers on construction sites all over the US. My team and I am are exposed to some extreme environments. We no longer have to carry a clipboard with pages of inspection forms that blow away in the wind, become rain soaked, become illegible, or could get dropped from atop of a high structure. With GoCodes everything I need to document my inspection in on my iPhone making my job safer and easier.

Cons

We use GoCodes for periodic ladder and fire extinguisher inspections each items have different inspection criteria's. When I scan a fire extinguishers I have to scroll through all of the drop down boxes and to find all of the fire extinguisher criteria options I need to check off. It would be convenient if only options pertaining to fire extinguishers would show up on the app when I scan a fire extinguisher code.

Hi Jordan, I'm so pleased to hear that GoCodes is helping your company in such a significant way! I will take your feedback regard the ability to only see information pertaining to fire extinguishers back to the product team to see if we can provide suggestions or make an enhancement.

Easy System To Navigate

Pros

it is easy to track inventory and love that you have pictures available to show product

Cons

i can't think of any cons at this time, we have been using for 6 months and it is working great so far

Great to hear you rate us a 10 out of 10 and can't think of any negatives.

Go Codes

Pros

I like the low inventory alert that I receive when my inventory is low this is a game changer and the overall ease of use !!

Cons

I liked everything about the software there is nothing I didn’t like. It solved 98% of our inventory challenges.

Wow, thanks for sharing such a great review.

stock overview

Great thing. Happy what we have reached on automazation so far (using the customized fields for our specific needs). And very happy that the alert on minimum quantities was introduced so fast. Looking forward to more improvements.

Pros

Easy check-in/out, automated emails when low quantity is reached, ability to draw inventory/order list

Cons

reports need to be formatted to excel each time manually. I also need to delete many fields each time manually. Would be great if I could create a template of my customized report and would have it on one click in future. I also calculate order quantity minus stock quantity (enter formula in excel) each time I prepare material order. would be great to have this report automated. Why can I scan codes without logging in? was confusing until I found out (why it was that I was asked if it was my item). I guess there is a reason but does it make sence to be on first level? Your format of labels are only available in US as far as I know...

Hello Ruth, thanks for the review and glad to hear you like using GoCodes. Did you know we have an optional reporting module that would allow you to design and save custom reports charts and dashboards?

GoCodes helps keep us organized

The biggest benefit I find is the easy of snapping the QR code and all the details it provides in the QR code.

Pros

That its easy to use when I need to search for an item or see who its assigned to at the moment

Cons

Not much.. I wish there wasn't so many field/options after you input an item. Some get confusing or unnecassary

Thanks Barbara, did you know that you can hide any unused fields so that it's quicker and easier to enter only the information you need? Just go to the customization area and select to hide any unused fields.

Pros

I liked how easy it is to use his product, specially the scanning feature. Instead of typing your code you can easily just scan it and find it

Cons

No dislikes so far, haven’t run into any issues

Hello Hernandez, thanks for reviewing GoCodes. Glad you love the ease of use!

Good software, easy to use, easier to import data in different formats

Pros

Its very easy to import the data in different formats which is very useful. A great place to store information on the web.

Cons

GUI could be more advanced. Also the filter options are difficult to understand initially. Few more features could be added like real time synchronization.

Hi Jahan, thanks for the comments. Can you let us know what you mean by real-time synchronization? All updates are real-time and kept in sych so maybe you are looking for some similar feature?

It works!

We have a lot of employees and a lot of equipment, but with GoCodes it’s easy!

Pros

Easy to use, easy to manage our inventory!

Cons

Nothing! It’s up to date and easy! Thanks for your hard work

Hello Justin, thanks for reviewing GoCodes. Glad you love the ease of use!

Lacks necessary functionality and requires technological improvements

Pros

The bar code scanning feature and mobile app.

Cons

1. Can't attach documents (the alternative suggestion of using links is not a valid solution and puts the work back on the End User). 2. Camera function needs serious improvement (pics are highly pixelated and the auto crop function does not work well requiring several pictures to be taken to get it right.

Hello John, sorry to hear that GoCodes is not meeting your expectations, specifically for being able to attach documents to assets, picture resolution and editing. I will pass this great feedback to our product development team so we can assess what improvements can be made.

Pretty good asset tracking

Pros

What I liked the most about the software was the qr codes that we could place on our assets. Being able to just quickly scan the code and see the info of the device and where its located at is very useful.

Cons

The thing I liked least about this software was that it kind of has an out of date feel to it on the site. Seems like it could use an update to its interface. Clicking on an asset I wish it wouldn't take you to a whole other page but would show you a preview with a few options and give you an option for full detailed view.

Hello Andrey, thanks for taking the time to review GoCodes.Did you know re released GoCodes 2.0 earlier this year with an industry leading UI and user experience. We also just added as asset preview feature to our mobile apps in October and are adding a preview feature to the web software this month.

Good product

We are using this product for tracking tools and it was exactly what we were looking for. When I had difficulty understanding some of the set up, I got immediate assistance, even though I am on the smallest program. Support and ease of use are both excellent

Pros

Many of the products we looked at had multiple features we did not need. We were able to select the product that was best suited for our needs without having to pay for features we did not require.

Cons

It would be nice to get more codes without having to go to a monthly billing situation, due to our limited use of the product.

Hello Gillian, thanks for reviewing GoCodes. We're pleased to hear you rated us 10/10!

Go Codes Admin

Easy to use, and helps us keep track of our assets.

Pros

Easy to use. Also easy to explain to our medical reps on how to use the system.

Cons

at the moment we having one problem whereby when we scan multiple sets on the mobile app, it checks in some and not all the sets.

Hello Steven, thank you for taking the time to review GoCodes. Love to hear that you rate us 9/10 overall. On you con list, when you scan multiple items to check in, it will only check in items that are currently checked out. It warns you of this before completing the check out. If you are seeing something else, please contact our support team via phone, email or chat and we would be delighted to help you.

Go Codes really helps!

Pros

Ease of use. reporting tools are great!

Cons

packaging levels can get a bit pricey but overall its a good value for the money and will save you money by not missing items

Hello Jeff, thanks for the review.

Nice Inventory Tracking and Reporting

Pros

It was easy for us to roll out using GoCodes for our printers, mobile devices, monitors, and tablets. Updating for checking in/out for new users is simple. All of our IT staff are able to use the service with ease.

Cons

I would like to see more custom fields available.

Hello Jennifer, thanks for taking the time to review GoCodes. We will log your request to add additional custom fields to our solution.

Working

Pros

Its fast and easy to operate. good information

Cons

need more content, need more options, need more tracking

Hi Miguel, thanks for taking the time to review GoCodes. I'm pleased to hear you found GoCodes easy to use.

DOD Go Codes Review

It is a good product for a good price but we cannot afford to jump up in cost for the additional assets but we like what we have.

Pros

The User Interface is easy to use and easy to train others on how to use.

Cons

We find that sometimes we make updates via the mobile app and they d not always go all the way through on all of our devices.

Hello Denise, thanks for taking the time to review GoCodes.Glad you like what you have.

Positive

Pros

Easily finding tools that are checked out

Cons

How the tools are listed. Tryin* to find a specific tool n the list

Hello Bob, thank you for taking the time to review GoCodes. Glad to hear you rate our ease of use 5*. You mentioned ways to find tools in the list. We have a few feature to help with that. First, you can so a search using any known information about the tool. Did you know you can also add filter to any of the column headings in the Asset List to narrow the search as well. If this does not help, please call, email or chat with a member of our team. We would be pleased to help you.

Helps us with inspections and keeping up with materials

Pros

Easy to use product. Very good tool to have out in the field. Doesn't take up a lot of space and we are able to keep track of everything on the computer.

Cons

I want to be able to have different columns for different types of material. For example. Inspection of some tools need a lot of columns but I don't need the same columns to inspect a hammer.

Hello Lee, Thanks for providing this review. Did you know that you can link an asset to a Google Docs form that can be an inspection sheet that's specific for each item. That way you can address inspecting hammers with a short list of checks and more complex tools with a longer one. There's an article on how to do this here: https://www.gocodes.com/using-gocodes-to-track-equipment-service-tasks-using-google-docs GoCodes.