GoCodes Asset Management Reviews

GoCodes Asset Management

Affordable Asset Tracking & Inventory Management

4.32/5 (180 reviews)

Pros
  • For our purposes the basic version works great but we are getting close to our Asset allowance. Id like to see asset increment upgrades available at a fair cost to the consumer.Goran G.Read the full review
  • I appreciate the courteous customer service I received while researching and implementing this software. The rep was a huge help with answering my many questions.Scott L.Read the full review
  • It is a good product for a good price but we cannot afford to jump up in cost for the additional assets but we like what we have.Denise O.Read the full review
Cons
  • Was confusing until I found out (why it was that I was asked if it was my item). I guess there is a reason but does it make sence to be on first level.Ruth D.Read the full review
  • Stopped using them because we would have to pay the next level up in order to get more stickers/codes for more kegs. Not enough stickers/codes for the price if you have 700 kegs.Brice J.Read the full review
  • This also makes it more difficult to train people to use the App as they are unsure about which fields to change since all fields are available.Paul P.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Michael Griffin

Managing iPads

Reviewed 2019-01-18

I am a repeat purchaser and its a reasonably priced product that gives a lot of functionality for the price.

Pros
The online activation and tracking is excellent. I have a rental business and checking assets in and out is quick and simple compared to the time consuming manual way I did it before. Simple to add new assets once you get the hang of it,

Cons
I cannot really figure out the depreciation reports but thats not why I bought the tags so it does not matter to me. Would be nice to have a feature to add multiple activations where say only the serial number of the asset needed changing.

Response from GoCodes

Hello Michael, thanks for providing your feedback. We would be happy to explain how our IRS GAAP deprecation reports work is needed. Also, did you know that there are three ways to add lots of assets quickly. There is a scan and copy feature, mass update feature and an upload. These three should really help you with data entry for new assets. As always call or email for additional assistance.

Joshua Apel

Tools and Safety Equipment Inventory

Reviewed 2019-07-15

Amazing! We will continue to use Go Codes for all of our inventory, and fleet, needs. It has saved us so much time looking for tools and shortages. And time is money!

Pros
Go Codes is extremely User Friendly. Anyone with a basic knowledge of computers and/or smart phones can easily learn how to utilize the entire system in just a couple of hours. The features of this product are simple enough that I can easily manipulate menus, change information, update photos and change descriptions. we have used it for all of our tools, safety equipment and Fleet Vehicles.

Cons
The only feature I wish I had, is the ability to create "kits". For example; if we issue a tool kit to a carpenter, we have to add each tool to Go Codes and then add a key word that will allow us to easily find each tool for that particular kit, without having to spend a lot of time searching. Adding a "kit" feature will allow us to add entire kits, with an attached inventory sheet listing each tool in that particular kit. So, if one carpenter is issued "Kit 1", all I have to do is search "Kit 1" and each tool will populate under that one kit.

Response from GoCodes

Hello Joshua, thanks for the great review. We're glad your seeing the benefits of using GoCodes to track and manage your tools and equipment.

Ruth Daniels

stock overview

Reviewed 2019-01-28

Great thing. Happy what we have reached on automazation so far (using the customized fields for our specific needs). And very happy that the alert on minimum quantities was introduced so fast. Looking forward to more improvements.

Pros
Easy check-in/out, automated emails when low quantity is reached, ability to draw inventory/order list

Cons
reports need to be formatted to excel each time manually. I also need to delete many fields each time manually. Would be great if I could create a template of my customized report and would have it on one click in future. I also calculate order quantity minus stock quantity (enter formula in excel) each time I prepare material order. would be great to have this report automated. Why can I scan codes without logging in? was confusing until I found out (why it was that I was asked if it was my item). I guess there is a reason but does it make sence to be on first level? Your format of labels are only available in US as far as I know...

Response from GoCodes

Hello Ruth, thanks for the review and glad to hear you like using GoCodes. Did you know we have an optional reporting module that would allow you to design and save custom reports charts and dashboards?

Tom Donohue

Held my inventory list hostage

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-01-13

As a small Photographer in DC we didn't find ourselves needing to use it every day or in some cases every month. Therefore we simply wanted to use it when and as needed. Sadly the team had no interest in helping us when we needed the files. We had started to use them very early on when you could create your own asset tags - we had ordered a bunch of them and it took us a long time and we still haven't even gotten to use them all however the GoCodes teams wouldn't let us use them or even refund us just because we didn't really meet their client model.

Pros
The concept of it is great, However for us it just seemed like they didn't have services for the little guy

Cons
wasn't friendly to the small business owner

Response from GoCodes

Hello Tom, sorry to hear that things did not go as planned. As a GoCodes customer, you can view and download your asset data at any time. We always make it available to you from your online account. If you contact us with more information we can work to resolve any issue you had with our services.

Likelihood to recommend: 4/10

Kelly Huval

Great Tool to have

Reviewed 2019-11-05

we have yet to lose any equipment with GoCodes, the reporting is very easy, just overall a great piece to add to your company's arsenal..

Pros
the ease of usage, very user friendly and customization was what I think the selling point for us.

Cons
so far I have not found any part that I do not like

Response from GoCodes

Glad to hear that you think GoCodes is a great tool to have, and that you specifically like the ease of use and customization features.

Paul Ponton

Great Product, could use a few tweaks to get it perfect

Reviewed 2019-07-15

This software absolutely changed the way we track our assets. There is a learning curve so at first I wasn't sure about it but now it is really great.

Pros
Ease of sorting, grouping and accountability. History logs are great and easy conversion to Excel is very convenient. Revolutionized the way we track our equipment. Before we were tracking 300+ with an Excel speadsheet.

Cons
You cannot lock certain fields for other types of users, so its either everyone has access to all fields or no access to the fields at all. This becomes a problem when some fields need to stay permanent and others need to change on a recurring basis. This also makes it more difficult to train people to use the App as they are unsure about which fields to change since all fields are available. Also, picture resolution could be a lot better.

Response from GoCodes

Hello Paul, we're pleased to hear you think GoCodes is a great product! We will add field level access control to our enhancement log.

Yi-Hsun Lai

Inventory tracking in ease

Reviewed 2019-07-15

We utilize the system to track all the IT inventory. The barcode scanning is fairly handy and easy to use. The ability to tack the check in/out history and pull reports is important to us and it works extremely well,

Pros
Friendly UI Mobile Friendly Flexible and customizable Great customer support

Cons
Gocodes is a great fit for smaller companies and the price is affordable. The only con could be the durability of the barcode sticker

Response from GoCodes

Wonderful to hear that you love GoCodes! Did you know that you can order tough metal and metal foil labels that can handle just about any project application? If you want more information just email sales at sales@gocodes.com

Michelle Garrison

Sticker Issue

Reviewed 2019-07-22

Pros
It is a good way to track tools and things like iPhones, iPads, and other devices.

Cons
Only issue I've had is stickers sent to us that we already have in our system and assigned to an item already. This is very frustrating when in a hurry.

Response from GoCodes

Hello Michelle, thanks for taking the time to review GoCodes. We're sorry to hear that you have had an issue with assets already being assigned. The only way that can happen is if another user did the change. You can look that up in the history log and work from there to see how it's happening. If you need additional assistance, please contact out support team at support@codes.com.

Leonard Franks

Go Codes

Reviewed 2019-07-15

Pros
I like the low inventory alert that I receive when my inventory is low this is a game changer and the overall ease of use !!

Cons
I liked everything about the software there is nothing I didn’t like. It solved 98% of our inventory challenges.

Response from GoCodes

Wow, thanks for sharing such a great review.

Andrey Sheychuk

Pretty good asset tracking

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-10-31

Pros
What I liked the most about the software was the qr codes that we could place on our assets. Being able to just quickly scan the code and see the info of the device and where its located at is very useful.

Cons
The thing I liked least about this software was that it kind of has an out of date feel to it on the site. Seems like it could use an update to its interface. Clicking on an asset I wish it wouldn't take you to a whole other page but would show you a preview with a few options and give you an option for full detailed view.

Response from GoCodes

Hello Andrey, thanks for taking the time to review GoCodes.Did you know re released GoCodes 2.0 earlier this year with an industry leading UI and user experience. We also just added as asset preview feature to our mobile apps in October and are adding a preview feature to the web software this month.

Sam Fresia

Excellent inventory system

Reviewed 2019-07-08

We needed to keep track of teaching resources that were being distributed across 13 communities. This tool was very helpful in keeping track of exactly what was allocated to each location, and thus helpful later on when we double checked the inventory and then did some reallocation. Rather than going through a list of items and checking each one off as you find it, we could simply scan everything , modify a field (status or notes), and then filter on the website to see if anything was missed. Super simple and it saved a lot of time.

Pros
• The app. Its simple and yet does everything I want. I can easily do inventory in bulk and update everything at once. Changing only one field will make sure everything else stays the same • The website filters. As long as your assets are properly named and consistent, the filters on the website make it super simple to filter exactly what you want.

Cons
• The website. It has definitely improved with the recent update that keeps your field settings between logins. What I'd like to see though (and maybe I'm just missing something) is a way to bulk update asset info on the website. The quickest method is to have the website open, filter for what I want, and then go down the left side and click on the QR code icon next to each line while my phone is pointing at the screen to capture it. While its a decent work around, it would be nice to just select a bunch of items and update them, all from within the website.

Response from GoCodes

Hello Sam, thanks for the positive review. You make a good suggestion regarding making multiple updates at once and we will look to implement a more efficient approach in our next upgrade cycle.

Anonymous

Meets Expectations

Reviewed 2019-01-14

For what we pay, and as a bare minimum of our needs it meets the bar. While there is certainly room for improvement, it is still a valuable resource and database that was created with a good amount of thought and effort.

Pros
When it comes to meeting expectation for creating a database for physical assets, GoCodes does an excellent job at that. The app is very easy to use, it makes it easy in check things in/out as well adding photos and creating fields. There's minimal lag time between holding a camera over the code and it recognizing and reading it. The sites search functionality works great as well, I'm able to search and it will find those keywords within any of the fields available for an asset. This makes it easier to use a secondary way to reference an asset

Cons
A bit archaic. The site could definitely use a facelift that aligns more with 2018/19. It would be nice to create secondary databases, for example where I can just search once specific type of asset and see if something is checked in or not. It would also be nice to be able to create customizable views and dashboards that I can share internally with other departments who may be affected by the status of a specific asset

Response from GoCodes

Thanks for the review and detailed feedback. You will be pleased to hear that GoCodes 2.0 is coming in Q1 2019 and will be a complete modern overhaul of the web based UI and user experience.

Goran Gerin

Great beginning software

Reviewed 2018-08-22

Overall I am happy with GoCodes, it has made it much easier to know where everything is and what we have which has led to a decrease in unnecessary buying of things we already own. This has led to a decrease in the amount of storage space needed at the shop. There could be minor improvements as I mentioned above, and there should be an option to add more assets without upgrading the account to a much higher paid bracket with extra features. For our purposes the basic version works great but we are getting close to our Asset allowance. Id like to see asset increment upgrades available at a fair cost to the consumer.

Pros
Quick loading time when entering bar codes. Easy to use and enter data on the app. Reports available on the website to easily see the "big picture" of where everything is located.

Cons
- Scrolling down to find an empty asset in order to create a new item. I wish there was a button to open a new Asset form to start filling out. -Sometimes when searching for a bar code, it shows other results of equipment containing the same numbers. - Reports on Excel show too many fields, most of which are not in use for my purposes and it can't be set to not show them when opening the reports so they must be manually deleted.

Response from GoCodes

Hello Goran, thanks for taking the time to review GoCodes. You provided some great comments and suggestions.

For adding new assets, we will look at adding a button to update the first available blank asset.

For searching, did you know you can also filter on multiple columns to get the desired list.

For reports, you can use the Grid View to create a custom view with just the columns you need in the order you want and then download in Excel.

We would be happy to help you with these tasks by phone or email support@gocodes.com

simon pope

Review from Norway

Reviewed 2016-11-02

GoCodes is a great management system and very easy to use. I would how ever pay more for a better product. There are a few things that don't work as one would wish. for example different time zones don't work. export to excel does not work. There are a few more features that would make it better and i would pay more for.

Pros
i can see were may assets are on a map. and see all assets info on my mobile or pc.

Cons
I would like to be able to personalize my account more to our market, I would like to be able to print off of see my assets in Excel, and also with my own Custom Fields, (not possible for me although they say it is) . The date and time zone is a bit problem for us to know when the asset whats installed or purchased 02/04/16 means the 02 of april for us in norway but for gocodes it means 04 of febuary. so this is a feature we cannot use correctly

Response from GoCodes

Thanks for the review.
It's possible to export to Excel, there are sometimes some Excel settings which need to be updated for use outside USA/UK. Contact us directly and we can help with this. We are working on adding the local time zone feature.

Karen Espenant

Protect your assets by tracking

Reviewed 2019-01-25

Very good. Very thorough. It’s a great til to help you keep track of the so many parts of a world of assets.

Pros
Ease of set up and support. We misunderstood a few things at the beginning but support was so helpful in helping us. Great customer service.

Cons
For our purposes we needed some additional equipment to erect it’s use. But we operated fine manually with this until we set up an electronic process.

Response from GoCodes

Hi Karen, thanks for your review.. We were a bit confused about your overall rating vs. likelihood to recommend? If you can explain further we would be pleased to assist you.

Likelihood to recommend: 4/10

Allison Ishman

Saves us money and helps avoid conflict!

Reviewed 2016-10-26

We use this software for rental items, and while it only allows us to keep one picture, and does not yet provide notifications to admin on check-in and check-outs (assignments), it has helped the warehouses and customer service team IMMENSELY in communication about the items, and our customers find it hard to wiggle out of paying for lost items that are clearly scanned out to them and not returned. We use the mapping too, to see if an item is in one or the other warehouse. Overall, this has been a great investment in a tool that help us, and continues to improve as we grow as well! thanks GoCodes!

Pros
The images, custom fields, app tools, and location services.

Cons
No email to admin on assignment and unassignment

Response from GoCodes

Thanks for the review.
We are evaluating adding asset assignment notifications as a new feature.

Franklin Kezerian

Great inventory system for static assets

Reviewed 2018-08-21

This has helped our business so much with keeping track of equipment and so many other assets. We go code our lock boxes, ladders, vacuums and almost anything we don’t want to lose. The GPS feature is so helpful.

Pros
The ease of putting a sticker in the asset. The ease of scanning the asset. The ability to scan multiple assets

Cons
The scanner doesn’t always work. Having to manually put in all of the info for each asset into the system

Response from GoCodes

Hello Franklin, thanks for reviewing GoCodes. Glad you love the ease of use!

Sorry to hear you have had an issue with the scanner. We would love to hear more about how that happened so we can track it down and fix the issue.

Please check our knowledge base for more information or contact support@gocodes.com

Tamlin le Roux

Easy Check In and Check Out

Reviewed 2018-08-21

We love the bulk discount and the kind attention from Todd Penny. He's the best!

Pros
We love how easy it is to scan an item in and out of the department. It's FAST and easy. The Faculty love it and the students find it easy too. No more hassles!

Cons
It does take some time to put all the info for each item into the GoCode system, but it would be that way with any system.

Response from GoCodes

Hello Tamlin, thanks for reviewing GoCodes. Glad you love the ease of use check in and out features!

For data entry, have you tried the Update All feature in the mobile apps that will make it very fast for entering lots of near identical assets? We also offer an optional data upload service using an Excel spreadsheet which can really help in that area.

Jackie Kettering

GoCodes Review

Reviewed 2019-01-22

IWe have had a good experience with GoCodes, it seems very easy to use from both the mobile and web platforms.

Pros
I like the ability to print our asset list by location so we can always have our foreman verify the assets on their job.

Cons
I think there are too many options to list for each asset, it should be kept more simple.

Response from GoCodes

Hello Jackie, thanks for the great feedback. I wanted to let you know that you can remove the asset options by hiding unused datafields. Let us know if you need assistance with setting that up.

Christopher Rainbolt

Great problem wish it had a few more features for actually filtering through equipment and such

Reviewed 2017-10-11

Equipment accountability is very important for what we do. I have found that we can use it for anything within our warehouse to keep track and make people accountable. Very happy with this.

Pros
Great GPS tracking and map locator App is great and easy to use Easy to train people to use the program. I have this to be nice. Effective for its use.

Cons
The reports that are produced seem to be a little outdated. A better version of the report or a better template would make it much easier to read. Filtering through equipment is not the best and needs some sort of update

Response from GoCodes

Hi Christopher, thanks for sharing your feedback on GoCodes. You mentioned the filtering and we can help. There are comprehensive features for filtering and grouping asset data using the grid sub-menu. We would be pleased to demonstrate this to you if that would help.

Nick Amoroso

Decent product

Reviewed 2019-01-25

Overall works well does what I need and what I expected. Won’t say it exceeds my expectations but is a decent asset management tool

Pros
Maintenance of our equiptment tool very helpful. Monitoring where it was last scanned

Cons
It’s tough to scan in limited light. And the scan sticker has a tough time staying on our often used landscape equiptment

Response from GoCodes

Hello Nick, good to hear your feedback that GoCodes was very helpful. You mentioned scanning in low light and did you know that you can turn on your smartphone light to solve that issue. Also you mentioned the labels. We offer a range of tougher materials like metal foil and metal tags which may be better suited to your project.

Frank Lagomarsino

GO CODES almost there

Reviewed 2019-01-11

Overall, Go Codes is a much better system then our homemade inventory practices

Pros
We needed an easier way to track our inventory and GO Codes works great in that way. With the ability to scan tags and to add custom fields, Go Codes is a great value.

Cons
Being a school district we often have large quantities of equipment arriving at once. It's a little clumsy to maneuver while scanning large numbers of devices. I have a great vendor who sends me a list of serial numbers and inventory numbers so we can just add them without scanning. I would LOVE to be able to import all these but it can only be done by Go Codes doing it for a $$$. This is a major deal for me. Adding the ability for customers to upload into the system is a must for me.

Response from GoCodes

Hello Frank, thanks for your review. Our product team is looking at ways to make it easier and safer for customers to upload bulk data. To date we have provided this as a service as small user errors can easily result in data corruption and loss.

Keri Harrison

Small School - works great!

Reviewed 2018-08-21

LOVE - it has saved me so much work!

Pros
We can download an inventory and see all the assets immediately. It's great - especially for state reporting!

Cons
I want it to be more mobile - easier to use from a phone.

Response from GoCodes

Hello Kari, thanks for reviewing GoCodes. Glad it works so well for state reporting.

We would love to hear your ideas for how we can improve the mobile app to make it easier to use, please email or call us with your suggestions.

Karen Espenant

Track and Protect

Reviewed 2016-11-02

We check out alot of equipment and GoCodes has been a lifesaver in tracking and marking our stock against theft and loss. Highly recommend it.

Pros
Easy to use. Very thorough instruction and customer service on initial roll-out.

Cons
The initial rollout is a bit awkward and you really do need team as you recommend to get your arms around all the pieces.

Douglas Burrell

GoCodes, how it helps EMW Productions in Asset Mangegement

Reviewed 2015-07-23
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
The product is super east to use a "no brainer" really. The ability to track our assets is simplified and I as CTO can manage the location, check in check out and the maintenance, warranty, etc of each asset is a key to proper asset control.

Cons
No GPS. No, seriously, I've talked with my peers and yes there is a strong placement for GPS tracking but dollar to dollar GoCodes is the best and most viable solution for multi office asset control. The tag quality, but that is only because I choose the cheapest tags to start with. Next batch will be the more durable tags.