IndySoft

On-premise & web-based calibration and asset management

visit website

IndySoft Reviews

Pros

Easy to use, Very clear interface that needs very little explanation. Very good and quick customer service that is very enthusiastic and knowledgeable.

Remi W.

Rick M.

I absolutely love that it is so customizable. The report function are also very robust.

Lynn G.

Cons

I believe this was fixed in latest version. Limited choices in calibration event for test results (pass, fail, limited).

Ivan P.

Greg K.

The integration is somewhat difficult for users because there is so much customization.

Lynn G.

4.7

IndySoft has revolutionized our ISO 17025 metrology lab and keeps us organized and flexible.

Customizable business workflows, enhanced customer management, comprehensive asset tracking histories.

Pros

We have used IndySoft for the past 10 years to fully manage our ISO 17025 commercial metrology lab as we service a very large and diverse customer base nationwide. What we like most about the software is the ability to completely customize our workflows to mold the processes around our business, rather than conforming the business to how the software operates. The capability of fine-tuning the customization with custom scripts and programming is unmatched by any other calibration software we've come across. The support from all staff, consistent software updates and fast response to any issues has never faltered over the years, and we remain confident that IndySoft is the best solution for our business needs.

Cons

For some of our users who are less technically-inclined, the software can seem daunting for performing what might be considered basic functions. Tasks can sometimes be buried under a deep layer of menu options but with the recent addition of a fully-customizable Dashboard interface, these tasks can be more exposed as needed for ease of access. As with any software updates, occasionally bugs...

Hi Michael! Thank you so much for the 5-star review! We appreciate you taking the time to write a detailed review to let others know about your experience with IndySoft as a long-time customer! -Heather

Commercial Calibration Lab

Commercial Calibration Software is the back-bone of a calibration lab, and every employee here uses it daily. I'm incredibly happy with the decision to move to IndySoft, and I would recommend it to anyone in a similar industry.

Pros

The best thing about this software is the team that comes with it. By design the software is built to be customizeable, so set-up is a process. The implementation team at Indysoft has been unparalleled from the very beginning. With their help, I was able to configure a software package tailored to my lab that felt like it was built from the ground-up for my company.

Cons

There is an answer to every problem I had, but a few more pre-built default layouts that showcased "intended-use" cases would be a welcomed addition.

Hi Matt! Thank you so much for the awesome review. We know we have a great team, but it is so wonderful to have our impressions reinforced by our customers! I will definitely be passing your praises on to our implementation team! Have a great weekend! -Heather

We are still experiencing problems with backups and templates.

Pros

It does have many feature that we ares still learning about. For the most part it seems pretty user friendly, but in all honesty, my limited experience with these type of applications I have nothing to compare it to.

Cons

Seems to be unstable. We have templates that seem to change on their own or test point even disappear.

Hi Rick! Thank you for taking the time to do a review, we appreciate the feedback as we are working on continuous improvement. Our software is very stable, so I think there may be some unique circumstance happening in your situation. Henry with support is going to be reaching out to you to see if we can get to the bottom of the issues you are having. Happy Holidays! -Heather

IndySoft Review Aug 18,2020

Overall this is going to make a huge improvement to our calibration process. Very happy with the software and the employees at IndySoft so far.

Pros

I like how you can customize the software to meet your sites needs. Implementation support is very knowledgeable and helpful in setting up the software with you.

Cons

I would like to see a chart on the homepage showing due, past due, and not due. Cloud-based software isn't fully 21 CFR Part 11 compliant without making the appropriate changes to the settings.

Hi Adam! Thank you so much for the wonderful 5-star review! As info, we are working on a KPI dashboard for the Home screen that will have the data you are looking for - should be out sometime this year, so stay tuned! Take care, Heather

If you like customization a lot this is your software

Using Indysoft 10 years ago is different than using it now since they really stepped up on their support. With so much available to learn on the software now they have built a library of information and they reach out using YouTube videos and tutorials which helps a lot.

Pros

Software can be tailored to whatever unique needs or applications you may have. Most software out there can be limited to whatever is canned by the designers. Indysoft is different in a sense that data can be exported in so many different ways and can be integrated to other software such as MetCal or Quickbooks but it requires familiarity with SQL to fully use its potential.

Cons

If you are the type of user that wants something basic to run your process out of the box then you might not like this very much. You will love this if you're familiar with coding since it's a very powerful software that needs steep learning curve.

Hi Jerome! Thank you so much for the awesome 5-star review! As a long-time user, we appreciate the acknowledgment of how far we have come over the years in terms of support. That has definitely been a focus of ours over the past couple of years and it is good to hear that is showing! Take care, Heather

Premium Calibration Software

I run an internal lab inside a major manufacturing company, so I don't use all of the great IndySoft features available to a commercial lab - which are extensive. I have used this software for a decade now and am still impressed on how much functionality is available to make my life easier. Over the past few years, IndySoft support has reached new levels by offering 5 star support as well as weekly training videos. The people who work at IndySoft are very passionate about their product and really care about their customers. Something you don't see everyday.

Pros

Ease of use. Constantly being upgraded, adding new features. Well liked among technicians.

Cons

Like any software, it does take some time to fully understand all of the power and uses it has.

Hi David! Thank you so much for the excellent 5-star review! I love that as a long-time user you have seen the evolution of both the product and our commitment to service and support. We appreciate you sharing your experience! -Heather

Product worth your investment

Pros

Software is very easy to use with links to different areas. The reports and certificates are easy to configure to your needs. Customer Support is a valuable asset that they offer as needed.

Cons

For our scale business is has some holes to fill to be better as a one source for Office management of customer data processing, sales and purchasing.

Thank you so much for the 5-star review! We love hearing from our happy customers and appreciate you taking the time to let others know about IndySoft! Stay tuned for some scale-specific additions to the software - we are working on them now! -Heather

Overall, it is a great product and very user friendly. I would recommend the software to others.

Pros

The product is very user friendly and mostly customizable for individual needs. It is easy for even the most computer illiterate person to use.

Cons

I do not like the inability to create reports using gage level and event level data in the same report.

Hello! Thank you so much for the 5 star review! I have some good news for you! In our next update 11.0.46 (being release next week) we have included important gage level data in our event level historical reporting to allow for gage level and event level data in the same report. If you need any assistance updating once it comes out please contact support@indysoft.com! Happy New Year! Heather

Possibilities are limitless

Pros

Highly customizable. We use Indysoft in 4 completely different sections at our factory and it works seemlessly for each department's needs.

Cons

Some tables are not easily accessible to the user and have to be scripted.

Hi Naren! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave an excellent review. We appreciate you sharing how IndySoft can effectively be utilized in multiple departments within an organization! Take care and have a great weekend! -Heather

Daily user of this software as a Calibration Tech.

Helps me keep my day-to-day calibration data organized and reportable.

Pros

The Indysoft software has been reliable and relatively straight-forward to use. A large variety of reporting options are available. Gage calibration data is quick and easy to import to the system from outside calibration labs.

Cons

A variety of functions on the software just aren't intuitive and calling in for assistance is not always a valid option.

Hi Greg! Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we appreciate you letting others know about your experience with IndySoft! -Heather

Perfect Solution for Calibration Management Across Multiple Sites

Overall, IndySoft has greatly benefited our organization. The ability to have both calibration data and tool tracking data in one system has been the most beneficial aspect of the software. We have been able to deploy IndySoft at multiple locations globally to bring all sites into one system and standardize our process (previously each site had their own process and software). This has been incredibly helpful. Finally, IndySoft as a company has been great to work with. The IndySoft support team goes above and beyond to help answer questions!

Pros

Our organization was looking for a system that could perform calibration (acting as a commercial calibration lab), record calibrations done by third party companies, and track tooling in our facility after it left the calibration lab. IndySoft could incorporate all of those processes and more. The flexibility to design workflows around an organization's existing processes was the most attractive feature to us. We were able to configure the system to look exactly the way we wanted for our operators.

Cons

While the calibration features are very advanced, the tool tracking/ management features could be improved. Dedicated tool tracking softwares are organized to better support a tool crib process. In IndySoft you have to configure some of this yourself.

Hi Kristin! Thank you so much for the wonderfully detailed 5-star review! One of our main objectives is to be flexible to organizations so that you can direct how the software works, not us confining your processes to the box we have designed. I think you articulated perfectly how that is working for you across multiple sites. Also thank you for the kudos to our support team - those are my favorite comments to read! Have a good week and take care! Heather

An Almost Infinitely Customisable and Highly Powerful Asset Management and Calibration Solution

Processes have been clarified and streamlined, with added traceability and robustness. The history of all business events captured in a SQL database has enormous value, especially today where the analysis of large quantities of data can be performed quickly and with minimal training. IndySoft takes time and patience to deploy and configure and customise, but like any worthwhile software, it's value keeps increasing with every update, and every incremental internal customisation. It scales effortlessly, and once a company has an employee or team who advocate and develop it, it will continue to add value to a company indefinitely.

Pros

IndySoft limited only by your imagination and sometimes your will to explore its extraordinarily deep functionality. For anyone who has the vision of how a system should best serve a business, and the will to bring it into reality, IndySoft can be the framework to facilitate it.

Cons

The stock UI is somewhat dated compared to other modern software (however the user can with some perseverance, completely redesign this to their own taste), and the underlying language for scripting is Pascal, however neither of these points significantly detract from the actual functionality of the software.

Hi Thomas! Thank you for the excellent 5-star review! It is so wonderful to hear from a customer that has taken advantage of the customization capabilities within IndySoft to build a solution that is truly unique to your business and processes. And, we appreciate the acknowledgment that we are continuously improving the software. Take care, and have a great week! -Heather

IndySoft is absolutely the best calibration management software I have ever used!

IndySoft has streamlined calibration for me at two separate companies, helping me to pass through seven major calibration audits without a finding. It has made it much easier to log and document calibrations both internally and from external vendors. It has unlimited storage for documents to each piece of equipment and allows you to organize those files per each event entry. The interface is very...

Pros

IndySoft is incredibly user friendly, straight forward and packed with powerful customization features. It allows your organization to determine exactly what features and level of database access each user has. As an administrator you have full access to change any data that needs to be cleaned up. I have used this extensively to rebuild two separate databases filled with errors. If you are halfway...

Cons

The only thing that can sometimes be inconvenient is that the software's two main data trunks, "Equipment" and "Events" do not talk during SQL searches. Other than that I do not really have any cons for this software package. This is not to say that it is perfect. It is not. That is what continuous improvement if for. But I believe that IndySoft is constantly working on making improvements. Most of the short comings I have encountered in my usage, IndySoft support has been able devise a highly serviceable work around that could be added to my application. Like when they wrote a script to auto fill the "description" field from three other fields. This one script greatly improved the consistency and search-ability of my database.

Hi Greg! Thank you so much for the thorough and detailed 5-star review! I appreciate that you have had experience with other vendors so that you have had the opportunity to compare them first hand and love that you found IndySoft to be the best! Happy New Year! Heather

A product that does it all!

So far it has been a great experience. The software is solid and full of useful features. The documentation is comprehensive and very well detailed. Their customer support has been outstanding the few times I've needed it. Their support team knows the product, cares about solving customer problems and in my opinion, goes above and beyond in making things right.

Pros

I think what I like most about IndySoft is the flexibility that went into its design. For all the standardization we push in the calibration field I've yet to see two labs that operate exactly the same. IndySoft's design allows it to be used the way my lab operates. We didn't have to change to accommodate a software package.

Cons

The product and support are great. My only gripe, and it's minor is that while you buy the software, there's still annual per license support costs required to use it.

Hi Rick! Thank you so much for the excellent 5-star review! I think you hit that nail on the head that no two labs work the same - that is exactly why IndySoft was designed to facilitate so much customization. I especially appreciate hearing about your experience with the support team - we really do try to go above and beyond to make sure you have a great experience! Take care and have a great weekend! Heather

Indysoft review

Awesome software backed by an awesome support team. Every time I present an issue with Indysoft their support team has been there to fix or show me how to eliminate my issues. It is also easy to train new technicians how to use this software.

Pros

Built in modules, Ease of use, This software is the best gage and lab management software available!

Cons

OK, the things I hate about this software are also the things I love about it! Let me explain, I have come up on issues I did not think it would do but thanks to awesome customer service I have been shown and assisted with issues being easily resolved!

Hi Sean, Thank you so much for the awesome 5-star review and for acknowledging the great service you have received from our support team! We appreciate you letting others know about how nearly limitless IndySoft is and how it is easy to get new technicians up and running. Have a great week and take care! Heather

IndySoft LIMS review

I am still learning the intricacies of IndySoft and there is a lot of capability that I am still not familiar with so far the experience has been fairly straight forward and simple to use. Shortcuts are key.

Pros

The amount of data that can be collected and the ability to customize.

Cons

Lack of intuitiveness for performing tasks such as data mining and report building.

Hi Danae! Thank you so much for taking the time to review IndySoft! I have no doubt that as you spend more time with the software you will continuously get more comfortable and learn more or the capabilities. Until then, if you ever have questions, please do not hesitate to reach out! Take care, and have a great weekend! Heather

My overall experience with IndySoft is a positive. Once the system has been set-up, it does an excellent job in keeping our Metrology Dept. in compliance with Regulatory requirements. I find the system to be an asset to help me manage work flow and aid as a tool to review and approve employee's work.

Pros

Minimal screens to execute once system is set-up. Basic report functions are good. Can use system remotely from home. Delineate between basic equipment and reference standards in system. Won't allow past due reference standard to be added to calibration event.

Cons

PrintBuilder is a challenge to use. Cannot effectively delineate between Calibration procedure process and documenting limited range/accuracy requests from users. Number of fields available in Event Finder is too limited (hopefully better once we roll up to Version 12?). No effective way to run a report to verify calibration events related to suppliers when date done is back dated to suppliers "Date Done".

Hi Daniel, Thank you so much for the great review! It is so exciting to hear that Medtronic has an upgrade plan, I sense that most of your frustrations will be alleviated once you have a chance to upgrade. Until then, take care and reach out if you ever have any questions or issues! Take care, Heather

Best Metrology software in the business! We run the whole lab off of the software. Great support.

Record keeping. We run the whole lab on this software. From supplier control to Document control systems and corrective action. Huge benefit in being able to link all these systems together. You could adapt this software to anything.

Pros

Configuration. Being able to adapt the software to the needs of the lab while staying in the framework of the application. Not that you need to change that much out of the box.

Cons

System does not support electronic signatures from customers at time of pick up. Would like to see a system that allows for signatures such as FedEx, UPS. Customer comes to lab and can use a signature pad to sign for equipment picked up. On-Site or delivery would allow for signature that customer received the equipment or service. A Gage InSite lite could be used on a Tablet PC that is synced with the application to allow for this.

Hi Brad! Thank you so much for the awesome 5-star review! We appreciate you letting others know about your experience with IndySoft, so as a thank you we are going to add the electronic signatures feature you are requesting! Well, it was actually in our product development plan already, but we still do send you our thanks! Keep an eye on our release notes in the coming months to see when the feature is added! -Heather

Product is very easy to use. We have been using IndySoft since 2014.

Pros

User friendly, customizable, great customer service. We are not a Calibration service provider. We use this in our plant and we have outside Calibration service providers work in our system to perform our calibrations. The staff at IndySoft customized the system for our needs. Our contractors find it very easy to navigate within the system. We are currently looking to add additional Calibration certs for some filter testing and have found the support and flexibility of IndySoft and the development staff a joy to work with. Very professional and customer service oriented.

Cons

I have not found anything on this system that I do not like. If I had to pick one thing it would be the online help menu. It is not easy to find the topics I am looking for by using the search "Key word" function.

Hi Scott! Thank you for the awesome 5-star review! We appreciate you taking the time to let others know about your experience with IndySoft! I will pass on your kudos to our support and development staff! I hope you have a great new year! -Heather

Overall, the best asset management/calibration software out there.

Organization and process efficiency.

Pros

Flexible, powerful, and can do just about anything. The customer support is the best I have experienced with software. Highly customizable and can adapt to changing business practices easily. Once set-up correctly, it is efficient to use and provides a high level of organization even with large amounts of customers and equipment.

Cons

Can be buggy at times. Have the ability to personalize, but that is often lost as the default views. Permissions do not work as expected sometimes. Workflow customizations can be difficult to understand and implement. Some set-up and features are not very intuitive. Often times I'll have to call to understand how to use certain features - but the customer service is the best and never give me a problem when I have to call often.

Hi Vincent! Thank you for taking the time to write a great review! We especially love to hear kudos given to our support team, I'll be sure to pass on your nice words to them! -Heather

Indysoft Techs

Customer service, especially [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is wonderful, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] struggled at times to help us but [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been very helpful and on point. Any issues that have come up they have helped me to do exactly what I need to do. In terms of the software itself, it could be a little more user friendly for the non tech employees that need to use it but otherwise the biggest headache is the invoicing aspect.

Pros

It is a great calibration software, the customizations created by our office has made it more difficult, but Indysoft itself has been great.

Cons

For accounting purposes it was a nightmare, then trying to map those to our existing software when we realized we couldn't utilize the accounting aspects to invoice was even worse.

Hi Amanda, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review, we appreciate you letting others know about your experience with IndySoft. We especially appreciate you acknowledging our awesome support team - those are my favorite comments to read! Take care, and have a great weekend! -Heather

Lots of power, features, and functionality. Can be non-intuitive to use and difficult to implement.

Pros

Lots of features and functionality. When we are looking for a new feature, it is usually there hidden under some rock. Customer support is now quite good. It seems there are a number of positive changes that have occurred in the last year or two in the company, product, and support.

Cons

The documentation / help files, while extensive, still do not do an adequate job of documenting everything that is in the product. The Uncertainty Module is very difficult to implement especially to thoroughly handle all conditions and calculations can be very slow. Initial implementation was very difficult & training was poor.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We have really focused on improvements to both the product and support over the past couple of years, so we appreciate that you have noticed a change! I hate that your implementation and initial training were not ideal, but our customer satisfaction rates have shown that we have made great improvements in those areas as well! -Heather

Great software

Total tracking of calibration

Pros

Ease of use and customer support. We use daily to maintain Global labs.Global Calibration management for accurate, repeatable, unassailable data o Improve visibility globally o Visibility showcase Corporate Technology Metrology Group o Drive global industry test standards o Standardize lab practices o Develop and Utilize State-of-the-Art test methods to provide the most useful, representative, and repeatable results.

Cons

At this time IndySoft is working great for are use. We are going Global with IndySoft as are main calibration support. We are looking at Maintenance Tracking system in IndySoft to track all test systems.

Hi Leo! Thank you so much for the 5 star review! We love hearing from our happy customers and appreciate you taking the time to let others know about IndySoft! Happy Holidays! -Heather

Praise for the support personnel

Pros

I find the greatest advantage to this software is the support that I have received with any problems or questions from the support staff.

Cons

There could be a better way to search for equipment that was calibrated with a certain standard when that standard comes back from calibration and was Out of Tolerance so that all of the equipment could be identified.

Hi Scott! Thank you so much for the excellent 5-star review! We especially appreciate you acknowledging our excellent support staff! Speaking of, I asked them if there is an easy way to get the equipment data when a master is OOT and there is! Kevin made a quick video to show the couple of ways you can access the data. Take a look: https://videos.indysoft.com/DOuxlRqy. If that doesn't fully answer your question, please do not hesitate to let me know! Take care, Heather

Indysoft

We were able to centralize out tool database consisting of over 700,000 tools and eliminate three other databases that were used to manage tools.

Pros

Integration was somewhat complex. However, once configured, the software is intuitive and easy to use.

Cons

The configuration requires forethought and planning. If not planned out properly, change down the road can be difficult.

Hi Greg! I hope you are doing well! Thank you so much for the incredible 5-star review. We appreciate you letting others know about how you were able to centralize multiple databases with IndySoft. Take care and have a great day! Heather