Square 9 Logo

Content, contract and document management system

Square 9 Reviews

4.5

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.5/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

jotform-4-0
docusign

Also, the team at Square 9 is great about helping when you have an issue. I am a new admin and they have been helpful walking me through how to fix things when I don't know what to do.
I love that and enjoy using the program. I spend 6-8 hours on it each day and feel like my job is much easier.
Awful, the reseller sold us support and have been awful to work with - very misleading presentation.
The time it takes to "pull" up the document is frustrating.
The desktop application runs much slower than the application on the server. Probably more of an issue with my network than anything else, but still annoying.

MR

Michael R.

Food & Beverages, 201-500 employees

Long Time Square 9 User

We use Square 9 for basic document storage, AP workflow to get invoice approvals from managers. Online Purchase Order form for our employees.

Pros

We've been using Square 9 for over 10 years. Very easy to implement. Forms has enabled us to provide our users with an online Purchase Order solution.

Cons

Not a lot of Cons, but maybe a way to show the admins there is an update available and list what improvements are available thru updates.

Thanks for your review, Michael! We are glad to hear you are seeing success with our forms and AP workflows. Thank you for being a longtime Square 9 customer.

RB

Rodney B.

Utilities, 51-200 employees

Our experience with Square 9

For the cost, Square 9 is a good product. We have quoted other document imaging programs and the prices don't compare. For the most part, it does exactly what we need it to do and it properly stores all of our AP documents.

Pros

The workflow runs pretty smooth, and we are able to get these invoices to the people that need to see them, quickly. Once AP enters the invoice, they don't need to revisit the invoice until it is time to print the check. Therefore, the process is pretty easy for the AP person after the initial invoice entry.

Cons

There are disconnects often between Square 9 and our server. Some of the issues come from our end with the server, but when there is an issue with Square 9, it can take a while to get it fixed. I believe there aren't a ton of people working between our software company and Square 9, so that is probably the biggest issue we have.

Thanks for your review, Rodney. Glad to hear our solution has improved your company's AP processes. If you ever have issues, don't hesitate to reach out to our support team and they will be able to address you quickly. Thanks for being a Square 9 customer.

CV

Connie V.

Government Administration, 51-200 employees

Good product for basic document storage and organization, but has bugs that need to be worked out.

Pros

Pricing is reasonable, and support is responsive. Support is all based within the company, which is located in CT, and there are wait times posted online. They are easy to contact, and generally get back to you within the day. Since the company is small, you can be escalated through the support and dev teams rather quickly depending on the severity of your issue.

Cons

Interface is clunky, and pushing updates company wide is not easy. Updates and hotfixes are frequent, but not advertised. You must request them. Additional modules implemented have not been successful. Base product is worth looking into for a small solution, but modules have not been reliable.

DR

David R.

Individual & Family Services, 51-200 employees

New to Document Archiving

We had many years of client files that we are required to maintain. We have saved so much space it is incredible, and our documents are much more secure.

Pros

Our agency had always done everything on paper and we were not very technologically savvy. Square 9 got us up to speed with their training and support and we have been able to dramatically reduce our amount of paper documents with a goal of making everything electronic.

Cons

Being new to document archiving, many of the processes were foreign and the terminology was unfamiliar. It was a slow start for us but Square 9 walked us though it and we were able to develop processes that worked for us.

Thanks David for your review! We are glad to hear that you are reducing the amount of paper documents and digitally transforming your office! We are here to help, so please reach out to see how we can continue to improve your processes and check out our Education resources at www.square-9.com/resources/customer-e-learning/.

JB

Jennifer B.

Great Product!

I have never had an issue with the software or support and the support staff are AWESOME! I have attended several trainings in New Haven and always walk away energized to try something new.

Pros

I like that Square 9 will train staff to become administrators and they will customize training that you need. I like the various features that are included: automation of indexing documents, document workflows, key free indexing, Image Xchange, and File XChange.

Cons

There are some hurdles when it comes to JSON, etc. when you have not had experience with the language. Support is always great to assist though!

MD

Meredith D.

Excellent Product

Overall Square9 has made an enormous positive impact on our organization and we are very happy with the decision to use their products.

Pros

The best part of Square9 is the visibility and fast access to documents, both in process and archived.

Cons

The worst part of Square9 is that we are not completely reliant on it for our Accounts Payable processing, so when the system stops working, our entire ability to move forward with processing and paying invoices is held up until it is fixed. Fixes for those urgent problems do not happen as quickly as we need them done.

Hi Meredith, thanks for your review! We are thrilled to hear your organization has improved using our solutions. Thank you for being a Square 9 customer.

PL

Paul L.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

We're a lot more efficient now that we found Square 9.

Square 9 has had a great impact in the speed in which we locate files. Their workflow also allows us to review documents generated quicker then ever. We haven't had to call Support too often and when we were deploying Square 9 they were always helpful and fantastic, treating our business like their business.

Pros

Square 9 is easy to use and allows us to search and locate our patient records and other documents faster then ever. We also use GlobalForms for allowing our patients complete their exams forms before they arrive for their eye exam.

Cons

It can be hard to see the status of documents after they are released from GlobalForms.

Thanks for your review, Paul! We are glad to hear you can easily locate your patient records and other documents with our solutions. Our priorities are customer experience and satisfaction, so thank you for your kind words.

EP

Ela P.

Utilities, 51-200 employees

Square 9 Global Search and Global Capture Services

We have saved money and time by utilizing Sqaure9 software for our Accounts Payable System and streamlined a lot of processes along the way.

Pros

The ease of the document flow by moving from handling paper to working with scanned documents within multiple locations and ability of electronic data transfer to our accounting system.

Cons

The services come at cost, but Square 9 employees are very knowledgeable about their products and services provided.

Thanks for your review, Ela! We are glad to hear you can easily move and retrieve key document data using our solution. Thanks for being a Square 9 customer.

CL

Christopher L.

Great software

Pros

The ease of use, our accounting department is able to stay on top of their work and get it completed quicker.

Cons

We have come across some issues from time to time, but what program doesn't have issues from time to time?

Thanks for your review, Christopher. We are glad to hear our platform has helped improve your accounts payable department. We appreciate your feedback.

CA

Chris A.

Government Administration, 51-200 employees

New Client, Take With A Grain of Salt

So far so good

Pros

I do like how much training is available.

Cons

Training can be outdated and sometimes answers can be flat out wrong on quizzes.

Thanks for your review, Chris. We are glad you have had success using our training. We update our learning manager frequently and if you have any questions regarding the LMS, please contact education@square-9.com. Thank you for being a Square 9 customer.

CD

Chris D.

Environmental Services, 11-50 employees

Super happy with our implementation so far. We're just getting into things now...

one step closer to going paperless

Pros

Love the workflow design interface for global capture and global action. Also, the batch manager is SO useful in tracking the workflows and how they are working (or not working). The ability to tie documents to other databases with lookups is also very powerful.

Cons

I wish the documentation had some examples, esp with the OCR template setup. An example in particular of the directional OCR zones with repeats for line item data extraction into a table field. Even a walk through video would be VERY helpful. The current documentation doesn't explain all the settings and how to configure them for repeating zones. Since its difficult to explain in text, a visual would...

JM

Jeremy M.

Mining & Metals, 201-500 employees

I've used SmartSearch/GlobalSearch for a little over 5 years. We use it to capture inv, pods & POs.

Ease of finding documents via index fields. Nice indexing tools, especially key-free. Make it possible for my remote project sites to create visibility of their documents and purchasing transactions. The same goes for our Corporate office being able to create visibility for our projects sites.

Pros

Ease of use. User friendly. Creates many efficiencies for us. We use to create 3 way matches for AP and this software does it great. I love the options to customize searches and permissions. I like that I can do some level of customization without outside help.

Cons

Small bugs or quirks. Increasing wait time for key free. Limited options to "burn" items such as signatures or annotations. Missing a strong phone or tablet ap. Worflows are improving but not to a point that satisfies the needs of my company. Would be great to have option to print index fields in margin of shrunk document...or even on a second page.

MC

Melanie C.

Individual & Family Services, 11-50 employees

Good software for small business

Customer service is probably the fastest of any software service. They also will assist any time I just can't figure something out in programming.

Pros

Square 9 provided a technician to do the initial setup and training. Programming is relatively simple as new companies or users are added. Annual downloads are perfect for audits.

Cons

There is no retention process available, so this has to be done manually as documents meet their expiration.

Thanks for your review, Melanie! We are glad to hear you have success with our support team. Thank you for your feedback.

RN

Rhonda N.

Government Administration, 11-50 employees

Record keeping Dream

We absolutely love having Square 9, would not want to work without it.

Pros

Square 9 provides easy access to all our records and has features that help save time for staff members. Eliminates the need to keep paper copies but yet can easily print or email to people when needed.

Cons

indexing documents after scanning can be time consuming.

Thanks for your review, Rhonda! We are glad to hear you are able to easily access your records and eliminate paper. Thanks for your feedback.

KZ

Kaitlyn Z.

Insurance, 51-200 employees

I depend on this service daily. While there are other products that can capture documents, i like square 9's search and export function the best as I search and pull documents daily for clients.

Pros

Ease of use, reliability. I like how easy it is to search for documents and to export files

Cons

exporting can take awhile

Hi Kaitlyn, thanks for your review. We are glad to hear that our solutions have made finding documents easier!

JD

Jake D.

Automotive, 5,001-10,000 employees

Does what it says, good value for money

Pros

low-code approach to processing logic design

Cons

little/no support on the weekends - our business operates 6 days/week so if we have issues on Saturday we sometimes have to wait

Thanks for your review, Jake. We are glad to hear you've had success with our solutions. Our support team does their best to respond to any support needs quickly. Thank you for being a Square 9 customer.

FB

Fressia B.

User friendly. Organized workflow. Easy to retrieve records by any detail.

Pros

I primarily use the program to input accounts payable invoices. Having all the invoices, contracts, tax forms, and crucial correspondence in one location is great for facilitating my workflow.

Cons

The Key Free feature is a wonderful tool in theory. However, I find myself having to go back and re-enter a lot of the line items, because it captured the invoice number or date incorrectly. Also, going back and forth from Key Free to manual entry is too time consuming, that I've discontinued using that feature.

Hi Fressia, Thanks for taking the time to review GlobaSearch! Your feedback is always appreciated. I did want to let you know that there are ways to optimize the OCR results for your your document types so you will get better results. Please contact our support desk at (203) 789-0889 opt 2 at your convenience and we will be happy to assist.

TJ

Tracey J.

Public Relations and Communications, 11-50 employees

Square 9 Is An Excellent Asset

My overall experience is a positive one. It has become essential to helping me complete my day-to-day job duties.

Pros

Square is readily accessible. This is essential b/c I use it everyday.

Cons

I really can't think of an issue that I dislike.

Thanks for your review, Tracey! We are glad to hear our platform is making your job easier. Thanks for being a Square 9 customer.

JH

Jeff H.

Solid software that delivers good results

Pros

The core Smart Search functionality is very strong and delivers "just works" kind of results. It installs fairly easily and the server requirements are pretty minimal. I would definitely encourage someone looking at Smart Search to be certain that their reseller or integrator is well-versed in how to set up Smart Search as that will definitely impact the effectiveness of the installation and setup process. Ours was and our installation and user training went easily with few real issues. Square 9 as a company is responsive to requests for assistance and support can usually resolve issues quickly.

Cons

The web interface is janky--just not well thought through and with some limitations that are not friendly to users. The client software that is more highly-featured is Windows only so if you are working with users who aren't on Windows that can create issues.

Hi Jeff, Thanks for the great feedback. We wanted to let you know that we are less than 90 days away from our v4.5 release of GlobalSearch which will feature an all new web client. The new browser interface will bring both the feel and functionality of our LAN client to the web along with some newly added features. We are super excited about it and think you will be too.

DL

Don L.

Aviation & Aerospace, 51-200 employees

Global Capture

We bought this to automatically import files into a home-built system and it's worked well for that. The company has helped us upgrade a couple times and they have been responsive to issues.

Pros

Configurability Able to do a lot with the software.

Cons

SLOW!!!! We originally got the version that didn't have a browser interface and it was MUCH faster. I recently had a job where we needed to scan several thousand documents and pull some info from them. It's taken a week to get it done.

LR

Liliana R.

Higher Education, 201-500 employees

My overall experience is okay, like I said it's not that great to manage employee files.

Pros

The product is easy to use and manage. But when you get to look up files, it's not the best.

Cons

Even though the product is easy to use, it's not fit for employee files. The files themselves are not easy to manage or find the documents easily. It does not provide like subfolders. You have to scroll down, it's hard when the employee has about 500 documents. You can't even do a search with the new uploaded files.

Hi Liliana, thanks for your review. We appreciate your feedback, if you have any questions about your solution, please reach out to your Square 9 representative for help. Thanks for being a Square 9 customer.

GW

George W.

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Evaluation of Square 9

I am very satisfied with the Square 9 usage and ability for our school system. We mainly use it to store and recall documents on a daily basis throughout the school year.

Pros

I like the Document storage and working in each document plus the PDF conversion of each document.

Cons

Should be easier to troubleshoot issues instead of having to know SQL to do so plus information regarding the locations and troubleshooting.

Thanks for your review, George! We are glad you are having success storing your documents with our platform. We appreciate your feedback.

BS

Bill S.

Banking, 11-50 employees

We had some reoccurring issues when first implemented. Few and far between afterwards.

We are eliminating our physical storage.

Pros

Simplistic enough for our current use. We will be able to expand our usage as our needs grow in the future.

Cons

Some of the configuration setup could be a bit more simplistic. Video tutorials would be a massive help.

Bill, Thanks for the great feedback. We just wanted to let you know that there are several video tutorials for GlobalCapture configuration already available. We are actively developing additional videos for GlobalSearch administration as well. You can request access to these online training classes at www.square-9.com/resources/education/. There are also a number of video tech tips available at www.square-9.com/product-videos/technical-tip-series/. Hope this helps and once again, thanks for your continued support!

MC

Matt C.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Square 9 for "Windows"

Square 9 has helped our business get more organized and secure. We have several sales people with traveling computers and Square 9 has created a hub for all our order document s and invoices.

Pros

Square 9, for our window company, helps keep documents flowing and accessible for all sales people. Order documents and invoices can be found easily and minimize the need for accounting folks to help with the simple everyday tasks.

Cons

Can be hard to find things at the beginning.

Thanks for your review, Matt! We are glad to hear your company has been able to easily access documents. We appreciate the feedback.

MW

Marc W.

Business Supplies and Equipment, 10,001+ employees

Admin feedback

Pros

Square9 is very intuitive and easy to navigate

Cons

Lack of logs to investigate issues and I have to go through a reseller as we are currently not an SQ9 partner

Thank you for your response Marc! We are glad to hear you are having success with your platform. We appreciate your feedback.