Ayoa Reviews

4.55/5 (157 reviews)

Noel Hawkes

Project Management Getting Yourself Organised Made Simple With Drop Task

Reviewed 2018-10-30

Once in a lifetime, you come across a piece of software, that once you start using, you wonder how you managed without it, and Drop Task is it! Daily email reminders/to do's delivered to your email keep you on track and other people involved in the project are prompted to fulfil and meet their input, ensuring the project is always on course.

Pros
Drop Task after watching some excellent easy to understand tutorials is not only easy to use but works better than many other expensive projects management systems costing many times more with a lengthy learning curve. Drop Task is great for getting you organised as an individual, both personal and business but incredible in involving all those who play a part in the overall project.

Cons
Don't dive in without going through the easy to follow tutorials as they will allow you to set up from the outset the best fit for your planned outcome. Personally I use Drop Task with iMindmap software and it's an unbelievable combination, but that's personal choice.

Daniel Mullaly

I am truly excited for Ayoa's future.

Reviewed 2019-09-25

I'm so excited! Ayoa seems hard at work and the product is getting updated and improved rapidly since the merger. It's good enough for now, which says a lot, but has more potential for sure!

Pros
Ayoa is really something special. I am currently transitioning from Trello as my daily task manager to Ayoa. Trello is and was fabulous, but it was lacking something, and that is why I started looking for a replacement. What was it lacking? The big picture! I had built up a backlog of hundreds of tasks with no way to view them at a distance. Ayoa allows you to build a mind map that displays every aspect of your project/business/organization. Broken down in every category of tasks. **Here** is the magic. Now you have your "task mind map", you can click on a branch and start adding tasks, then adds them to "task boards". Then you have a "My Planner" that is separate​ from the big task boards, just for "up next" stuff. A lot of flexibility​!, there are limitless ways to use this software.

Cons
There are LIMITLESS ways to use this software. It took me a couple of weeks before I could even figure out how I was going to organize everything. (and I'm still not done yet) It's not clear yet how people are using this software for business, there are not many example templates that are useful to me. So for now you just have to figure it out. There is also no ability to integrate third-party​ SaaS products like we've come to expect with most enterprise software these days.

Response from OpenGenius

Hi Daniel, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review - it's great to hear how much you're enjoying using Ayoa! We're all about the big picture and visual working here at Ayoa so it's good to hear that that's something you're excited about. Lots more exciting features to come over the next few weeks so stay tuned!

Gareth Manger

The best task management software I've ever used!

Reviewed 2020-01-22

Exceptional. We've also had a demo with a team member called [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who was extremely helpful and gave us ideas on how to map out our task boards.

Pros
It is a fantastic task management software. The taskboards have been revolutionary for us, the way we can onboard a new client. We used to have a simple spreadsheet to manage new client accounts. Since using Ayoa, not only has it saved us time but it has made us more organised and the whole team knows exactly what tasks they are assigned to. Game changer! We are also using it to map our own marketing strategy and our client's marketing strategy. There is still so much we could do on the system to make our life easier. Looking forward to seeing the new updates!

Cons
It would be good to put taskboards into one category

Anthony Church

A Tool To Be More Effective - all your task/ calendar/ project management in one place

Reviewed 2019-12-05

I can easily go to Ayoa to quickly check off a task and get an idea of what my tasks for the day are. Adding how urgent and important is a great feature to prioritise when I manage to use it better.

Pros
Easy to use interface combining Mind maps with task boards. High level of detail and ability to attach files to tasks. New Gantt chart feature now in task mode as well as planner means you don't have to add tasks to the planner to see a broad view of deadlines. Easy to add and complete a checklist too!

Cons
At first having to go to the home page before navigating to another mode was a minor inconvenience but now that the buttons are in the navigation bar that is now irrelevant! Sometimes in the Gantt chart it can be hard to identify deadline times for short-term tasks

Response from OpenGenius

Hi Anthony, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear you're enjoying using Ayoa and our new feature, Gantt Timeline. I'll be sure to pass your feedback onto the team. :)

Colin Murphy

Not happy - prefered Imindmap 11

Reviewed 2019-09-17

I tried using Ayoa for a couple of months but have reverted to using Imindmap 11

Pros
The promise of combining a robust task manager to a mind mapping solution

Cons
Online only, unable to work while offline.. I use mindmap 11 a lot while flying. Limited map formating When creating a task from a mind map, the created task is a stand-alone and is not referenced to the project or mind map. Storing and accessing maps online

Response from OpenGenius

Hi Colin, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Sorry to hear that Ayoa isn't currently meeting your needs. But good news! Organic Mind Mapping (much like the iMindMap Maps you're familiar with) are coming to Ayoa very soon - keep an eye out over the next few weeks...
In terms of working offline, Ayoa is a cloud-based app, the data is stored online rather than locally and you will require the internet to log in. Once you've logged in you can work offline. However, until you go online again, none of that data can be synced to the servers. This means that anything you have updated wouldn't be updated on other devices until you connect to the internet and the information is synced.
Working offline can be really useful for when you're on the move or working in an area with an unreliable network, however, to get the most out of Ayoa I would recommend ensuring that you connect regularly to ensure your data is is synced. Hope that helps :)

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Jav Greaves

Extremely Simple and Powerful Task Management Tool

Reviewed 2019-04-14

I have used this for many years across many businesses and different roles. Would definitely recommend DropTask to anyone looking for a simple to use task management app.

Pros
The visual interface makes this a simple tool to work with.

Cons
I still like to print out my daily task list. Unfortunately, there is no simple way to do this in Droptask, you need to export your entire list by project.

Kalpana Viswanathan

Drop task is the best organization tool!

Reviewed 2019-04-19

Love droptask as it gives me a good overview of my day and plan for the future. Never had any app do this before with ease. Everyday i wake up looking at droptask and end my day by planning for next day. Keep adding new features! Thank you for an excellent app!

Pros
Organizing one's time is a key success to business. I have searched and used plenty of tools before but drop task is so far the best due to its ability to show me the calendar, plan for my day and also the ease of use to add new tasks.

Cons
My only wish that it integrated with my calendar .

Evan Brown

Love Drop Task

Reviewed 2019-05-03

Love this product and would absolutely suggest it for other business owners.

Pros
I love the ease of use of working with drop task. I keep all of my open tasks and bring ups on drop task and have it as part of my daily routine.

Cons
I have some fairly large canvases that I work in- with multiple circles etc. When I add or complete a task, the circles move and re-shuffle automatically. I find that annoying because then I need to pan out to find where I was on the page.

Amazing Product!

Reviewed 2019-12-23

I love that I can organize my ideas all in one space.

Pros
I don't usually leave reviews. I absolutely love Ayoa! It's very easy to use and well worth it's value. I love it's versatility it had everything I was looking for all-in-one!

Cons
I wish that there was a space to type out ideas but the canvas space is the next best thing where I can free style my ideas.

Response from OpenGenius

Hi there, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review - it's great to hear you're enjoying using Ayoa.

We're actually working on a brand new feature that is designed to quickly capture ideas - so keep an eye out.

We'd really love for you to do a case study for us to share your experience. If you're interested, please contact James (jrees@opengenius.com). Thank you!

Arthur Sarkisian

Very Simple to use

Reviewed 2019-04-19

Overall great to use, for simple tasks to projects it's easy to use. Would like better data management, including between chat, urgent, planner, if that makes sense. Adding invoicing options or time tracking on tasks and projects would be a good idea too.

Pros
I love the visual aspect. I like that recently they added cover page.

Cons
limited integrations, no invoice options.

Naina Patel

No more Post-it notes!!

Reviewed 2019-02-01

As a medium sized Chartered Accountants practice with 16 staff members, we find Droptask invaluable! The possibilities are endless with this task management tool. We can keep track of various deadlines and be able to mark them off as completed and with the great function of being able to repeat the tasks weekly/monthly/yearly we never have to start all over again. With three senior partners in the practice, we are able to manage clients accounts efficiently within the projects for each partner We have various projects set up as follows: - VAT - client returns are categorised into quarters that they are due. - Accounts - year end accounts are categorised to each senior partner with sub-categories of work-in-progress and jobs to be started. - CIS - clients for whom we prepare CIS returns and filing deadlines - P11D's - Accounting Records - our receptionist is able to track books and records that are brought into our office and when they are returned to the client.

Pros
Great to use as a simple task list as we can list the various types of jobs into projects. Aesthetically pleasing and easy to understand. Being able to add comments to tasks and attach files. Great for reminders for tasks due. Projects can be shared or kept private. Completed projects/tasks are archived for reference. Can communicate between team members within the projects. Great for tasks that repeat weekly/monthly/yearly. Assigning tasks to various members of staff and being able to see who is doing what.

Cons
Would like to see summary of completed projects without having to scroll past blank days. Would like to see the whole monthly calendar on the screen rather than day by day. Would be great to be able to print individual categories within a project.

Anonymous

Now my go-to task manager

Reviewed 2018-11-30

DropTask has helped my group track our many to dos efficiently and allows the whole team to know what needs to be done next and who needs to do it.

Pros
This review refers to the paid version. I bought a 1-year subscription to the pro service when they offered iMindmap 11 for free. This is a great value. I tried the software and was pleasantly surprised with the extent of training videos available. I was up and running in 10 minutes, although 2 weeks later I am still learning functionality as I increase my integration of the software into my daily routine. The graphical nature and simplicity of the software are helpful to me as I don't think in list mode. For those who do, there are multiple ways to view tasks and progress including more traditional list formats. The program integrates with iMindmap as well which is a plus for me, but unless you are a mindmapper, this feature will be unimportant to you. DropTask also has a web-based, PC, Android and Mac apps, however I find the iPad version easier to work with. The connectivity and team communication features work well and my 3 employees and I can easily collaborate, update progress and see where things are in real-time. I have purchased 3 other to do list apps and have also used a number of freebies, DropTask is what I use now and I have removed the others from my Apple devices. While I originally purchased the plan for the free iMindmap software, I have adopted DropTask and now use it constantly.

Cons
I like to view my tasks with the circle format and I find it a bit hard to see things on my iPhone X. It looks fine on my iPad and beautiful on my iPad pro. That said, I always have my phone with me, not my iPads. I am not sure if this is a limitation of the visual format or if it could be improved.

Response from OpenGenius

Thank you for the review!

We would love to hear more about how you're using DropTask in the Financial Services and why DropTask has become your go-to task management app.

To learn more about becoming a DropTask Case Study, please drop us an email at support@droptask.com for more information.

We look forward to hearing from you.

The DropTask Team.

Anonymous

DropTask beautifully scales up.

Reviewed 2018-10-26

Because DropTask is web-based, I use it both at home for personal tasks, and at the office to manage my own work. My company uses Outlook 2010, but I don't enjoy the task list there. My function is business analyst. When I write user stories, I organize them in the Canvas view in DropTask. This is for my eyes only; no colleague is invited since this is not an office tool.

Pros
DropTask is versatile: you can use it as a simple task list, as a collaborative system, even as an agile tool... Most of the time, I find what I need just by looking where it seems to make sense - and there it is. The interface is beautiful and well thought through. My company uses Jira to manage workflows. It's great, but heavyweight. I could imagine small companies or teams using DropTask.

Cons
I don't know what happens to the files I attach to a task. Are they ever deleted? Are they kept somewhere? I am reluctant to attach files because I don't see DropTask as a safe storage place. I wish there was a way to attach files through DropTask to Google Drive, OneDrive, DropBox, on another dedicated service.

Response from OpenGenius

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

I just wanted to make you aware that if you upload a file to DropTask, the file is stored securely in Amazon's S3 cloud storage service. The only people who have access to the file are the people who have access to the task that the file is attached to. Once the file is deleted from the task or the task is deleted, the file will be permanently deleted from Amazon's S3 cloud storage service.

If there's anything else that you're unsure on, please feel free to drop us a message at support@droptask.com, where out customer support team will be happy to answer any questions that you may have. :-)

Many thanks,
Rowanne

Cynthia Kusters

Ayoa user

Reviewed 2019-09-13

I use it to plan out my projects and see what needs to happen when.

Pros
the ease, visualization aspect (I love the bubbles),

Cons
When I initially started I was using hte free option and when it updated, I lost a lot of importnat options (e.g. sort by time etc), which made me have to buy the package. I didn't do that for a logn time as I didn't have the financial resources, and I went to a competitor that was free and had those specific options. Then when I actually got the subscription, I felt it was expensive for what I got. I wish there was an option for student subscription or maybe a sliding scale or something. Another thing, is that I still find working with the mind maps to be difficult. It would be nice if there was an easier way to connect hte mindmaps tasks to the tasks boards etc. Now it is just getting confusing.

Response from OpenGenius

Hi Cynthia, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Your feedback is really helpful and I'll pass it on to our development team. Please note that students can get 35% off their subscription - you just need to verify your educational email address. For further assistance, please contact support@ayoa.com. Thanks!

Lloyd Perry

Great Task Management - Compared to various other options

Reviewed 2018-12-11

DropTask is great. I have been looking for task management software that suits all the needs of our small team for some time and this is the one. I have truly compared a lot of the available options and many lack some of the most simple but useful functonality that droptask provides. My only wish is the same with all software companies. That they continuously develop with the same enthusiasm and efficiency in which they first created the software. All software can be continuously improved and continued investment on improvements is what stands out and keeps a company present and clients signing up, giving a good reputation and sticking with it.

Pros
- It's great to have a free option that isn't super limited. It's totally useable and as our small team comes to use it more we will upgrade. - Offline syncing and multi-platform (windows/mac/ios/android). This was one of the most important things for me. Requiring a connection all the time makes things difficult in many locations around the world and this is something the competition doesn't have. - Ease of use. I wanted something my boss (70 years old) could understand that is also practical for our team of of younger IT orientated people.

Cons
- A very simple clock on - clock off time tracker would make this even more efficient for workers / particularly free lancers. Sure we can use another app, but there's an app for everything nowadays, so nice to have basic needs in one place. - Recurring Tasks. Amazed all task management software seems to have nothing for recurring tasks. Something just to check off that it's been done this week, and needs to be done again next week, rather than having to click complete and then recreate the task, or mark as incomplete again. - Undo button. All developers who implement an undo button deserve a cookie. All who don't deserve a smack on the butt! - Not something I like least, but something that would be awesome. Integration with AI assistants...Cortana, Siri, Google etc. would be amazing.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Mark Wilkinson

Helps to keep me organised (and sane!)

Reviewed 2019-08-31

I am the director of a national supercomputing facility and Ayoa helps me to plan all the activities that are associated with funding applications, day-to-day management, strategic planning and the supervising of my phd students. I also use it for personal planning such as holidays, etc.

Pros
The "now, next, soon" planning feature; ability to create tasks from e-mail.

Cons
I actually preferred the old name (droptask).

Response from OpenGenius

Hi Mark, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review. We're glad to hear you're enjoying using Ayoa! If you'd be happy to work with us to provide a case study to be featured on our website, please let me know and I can contact you with more details :) Thanks, Megan

Katie Allen

If I could design task management software, it would be Droptask

Reviewed 2018-09-16

Overall, I really love DropTask. I use it to manage the epic backlog of personal projects that I have. I have many more ideas of things I'd like to do than time to do them. My DropTask canvas is a giant map of categories, everything from sewing projects to woodworking projects to coding projects to appointments I need to schedule to chores I need to do. It works so much better for me than card or ticket-based project management like I use at work, or just mere checklists for organizing all of those thoughts and plans.

Pros
The thing I like most is the way everything is laid out visually. I can create categories and categories-within-categories and drag tasks around. It's not like a checklist app where you have to retype something in a different checklist, or your only organization method is columns of cards. It mimics being able to write things out in different categories in my sketchbook, except it's better, because instead of crossing something out and rewriting it in a new list, I can just grab it and move it.

Cons
There are some tasks that I actually do like to have checklist-style, where all steps are instantly visible. It would kind of mess with the circular format for tasks, but I wish you could turn on an option to show a task's checklist from the canvas. I also wish you could choose a category that would be the default that DropTask would zoom in to when you start.

Response from OpenGenius

Hi Katie,

First of all, thank you for the extensive and detailed review. We're really pleased to hear you're enjoying using DropTask, especially the Canvas and the way you're using the app to organize your thoughts and ideas.

Would you be interested in telling us more about how you're using DropTask? We'd love to chat more about your DropTask experience. If you're interested in sharing more and becoming a Case Study, please drop us an email at support@droptask.com for more information on how to get involved.

Kind Regards,
Rowanne

Donald McCorkindale

Helps keep all the plates spinning.

Reviewed 2019-09-07

As a parish minister with regional and national responsibilities I have a number of diverse projects on the go at any one time. Having one trusted system where all action points can be gathered and processed is so helpful and keeps me productive and minimises stress. I mainly use AYOA on iPad.

Pros
The visual presentation of AYOA is helpful, engaging and fun! There is a huge variety of ways in which tasks and projects can be displayed. Sometimes you want a calendar view showing what must be done today, sometimes you need to see the full picture of a project to progress plans.

Cons
I look forward to the full implementation of iMindMap in AYOA. there is still work to be done to bring the organic, interactive bits of iMindMap to AYOA.

Response from OpenGenius

Hi Donald, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review - we're so glad to hear you're enjoying using Ayoa! Keep an eye out over the next few weeks for the addition of Organic Mind Mapping. We can't wait to hear what you think!

Miles Ponsonby

Simplicity

Reviewed 2019-09-02

I have used Ayoa since its inception as Droptask and have been very impressed with the way the developers have listened to the users and developed a most useful planning and collaboration tool.

Pros
Ayoa allows me to plan ahead for projects and set reminders months or even years from now if needed. I use the calendar view every day to plan my day and set priorities for what I must achieve in that day. Being able to look ahead at the rest of the week gives me a good idea of what’s is coming at me. Having been an avid user or Mindmaps it is great that this is now incorporated in the system, I use this each time I start a new project.

Cons
I have no issues with Ayoa, it does all of the things that I need and has many useful features that I am sure I will use if I work with a bigger team.

Response from OpenGenius

Hi Miles, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review. We're glad to hear you're enjoying using Ayoa! Keep an eye out for even more Mind Map developments over the next few weeks...

John Bothams

Great to go from idea to delivery

Reviewed 2019-09-09

I have been using mindmapping software and project management and task apps for 30 years and this has been the best experience

Pros
Easy on the eye and to use. Either has or will have all the funtionality needed to recognise tasks and sub tasks needed to manage any project with others as needed. Suitable and easy reminder system that works across platform:web, desktop, phone: android or iphone, tablet. You can turn emails into tasks and add timing, importance, due dates and repeats as you do so - the email can be seen in the task. Multiple views which can be filtered so you can get overview or closely focused view.

Cons
The last couple of updates have removed some minor issues that were an negative.

Response from OpenGenius

Hi John, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Your feedback is really helpful to us and it's great to hear that you're enjoying using Ayoa!

Rob Ortenzi

Great for our small business

Reviewed 2019-09-06

We've tested about every task management software there is and this was hands down the winner.

Pros
Very intuitive to use for anyone. Can be very simple or as intricate as you need.

Cons
Can't attach large files. Deleting a user who created tasks also deletes tasks they have created (not sure if this was updated—too afraid to try).

Response from OpenGenius

Hi Rob, thanks for a wonderful review. It's great to hear you're enjoying using Ayoa with your team!

In reference to deleting a user and their tasks being deleted too, we would be grateful if you could tell us more about this - it shouldn't be possible as long as tasks are allocated to a Task Board or Mind Map. You can either reply to this comment or email support@ayoa.com

Thanks again & we look forward to hearing from you.

Eric Howey

Great for organizing tasks

Reviewed 2018-10-23

DropTask has genuinely saved me time, and it's not an app I'd ever want to go without.

Pros
DropTask has been a great tool to keep tasks within complex projects organized and moving forward. It integrates with Smartsheet and Google, so ties into other apps that I'm already using.

Cons
I think DropTask could do with more video supports. They have a nice written support section, but video tutorials would be more helpful.

Response from OpenGenius

Hi Eric, thank you for the great review. We're happy to hear that DropTask has saved you time and helped to organize your tasks.

We'd love to feature your review in our marketing materials. If you're interested in getting involved and us sharing your review with other DropTask users, please get in touch at support@droptask.com for more information.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Kind Regards, Rowanne

Helen Armstrong

I love DropTask

Reviewed 2018-10-31

It gives me a birds eye view of all of the things I need to pay attention to, and helps me focus in on them when I need to. I can collaborate and see where tasks are, and get things done.

Pros
There's so many features to like - it is visual and can be made to look just how I want, and I love the new planner which helps me nail down my priorities.

Cons
Adding a document to a task is a bit clunky, I'd rather go to the linked file in its native app or on my computer than bring it into DropTask. I would also like the task sidebar to have more space, as the boxes for writing updates here are quite small and you have to scroll a long way down. Perhaps an update would offer the opportunity to open up the task sidebar into a full screen view?

Super flexible task management

Reviewed 2019-04-22

I work for a wide range if client groups and in a range of settings. DropTask is the only project manager I have tried so far that enables me to track all of my projects effectively because of it’s flexibility. Most other trackers seem to confine you to only one or two views.

Pros
I love the flexibility that allows users to track project tasks in the way thsy suits them. Kanban style/calendar Style/priority style/the most visual task board style was what originally drew me to DropTask because I like to have an overview before I drill down. I use most of the view options at some point.

Cons
On smartphone I find that entering data can be fiddly so I do most of my inputting on iPad or Desktop.

Jane Larsen

Good and speedy tool for mindmapping

Reviewed 2019-09-08

Quite agile but not yet cutting it to be my main tool (coming from iMindMap)

Pros
Quite speedy and accessible everywhere - good approach to mind mapping.

Cons
Missing options to organize my mind maps - I miss the ability to add icons to mind maps (not social features, but icons indicating content meaning.

Response from OpenGenius

Hi Jane, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review. Keep an eye out over the next few weeks for developments in our MInd Mapping feature - including the addition of Organic Mind Mapping that you'll be familiar with as an iMindMap user. We can't wait to see what you think!

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10