Timely Reviews

4.68/5 (151 reviews)

Gunnar Borch

Very handy software for time tracking

Reviewed 2017-02-01

As a consultant supporting several projects, timely is a very easy to use and quick way to keep track on time spent on each activity. I have it on my PC, MAC and iPhone, and logging time is done in seconds. It synchronises instantly across platforms provided they are online. I also use Move on my iPhone and I really look forward to have these two functions come together shortly.Easy to use and always available.

Kate Pociask

Things I Didn't Know When I Started Freelancing

Reviewed 2017-03-31

I started freelancing and had been tracking my hours on scratch paper and Notes files on my phone (it sounds so obviously stupid that I did that, but I hated time trackers from my agency days. I tended to forget to use them and then had to mentally reconstruct my days). It was making my life hectic. I put off invoicing until the last second because it was stressful and I felt guilty - like I had made my hours up. Even if I knew what client I did work for, I almost never remembered to write down what I did. Timely has tools built in to help me remember to track hours, to remember what I worked on, even days later. I also volunteer and hadn't been tracking my non-billable time until Timely. Now I can see how I'm splitting my days. It's made me a better estimator for future work; I never see my own estimates and think "wow, that's way too high a number. I should lower that," because now I have it documented, including the stuff I forget to factor in, like meetings and emails. I recommend this to everyone, especially visual people. It looks just like a calendar interface so there's very little learning curve. Timely is beautiful, easy, and --dare I say it -- rewarding to use.The visual, colorful, easy to use interface. The integration with Rescue Time, which helps me remember what I did.

Lauren Abelow

Timely is the best thing to happen to our business!

Reviewed 2018-11-19

As a medical office, we use medical documentation software so we can appropriately document and bill for services. However, when we started selling retail wellness products and offering other wellness services, using our EMR was much too cumbersome to keep track of these things - we didn't want to have to set up a whole case for someone who just came in to buy a set of weights, and most of the things that Timely does fell on me - keeping track of inventory, tracking used visits against packages, etc. When I found Timely, it almost seemed too good to be true. Other software would track inventory, but not packages. Timely not only did everything I wanted and more, but it's a user-friendly software. Very intuitive. It was easy to train my staff on the system and has taken a lot off my plate. Timely tracks product inventory, package purchases, has a scheduling module, reports for sales and many other things, a place to write notes associated with each visit, and is simply easy to use.

Brian Rowland, MSc, CDir

Timely is my go-to app to record my consulting and board hours

Reviewed 2017-12-30

I use Timely across 3 platforms - iPhone, iPad, Mac - and all work seamlessly to keep track of my billable (and unbillable) hours. The interfaces are simple to understand and to use, and I'm much more confident in my recorded time than with other methods I've used. I appreciate how hard the Timely team works to add features to the product, and the company is responsive to my questions.

Anonymous

Work Efficiently

Reviewed 2018-11-01

There are days when I need to focus on a specific project or task and it’s very difficult not to get distracted. There are other days when I need to multi-task and juggle everything due to time and deadlines. This is why I decided to invest in a time tracking software to see how much time I spend working on specific tasks. I found Timely online and it’s phenomenal. I get this neat software to teach me to be more productive with the work I do. It has other features, but I mainly use it for this service and it has been great.

Espen Sæverud

Mr

Reviewed 2017-05-11

Timely has a nice and modern interface with all the bells and whistles one has come to expect from high end services. This service is what all the others should have been. Hopeful, more integrations will be implemented so that mass adoption can start. * Planning is a very useful feature that I have not seen in other similar services. * The ability to easily create projects; set budgets, hourly rates and so on is nice.

Flavio Argemi

Best time tracking software I've ever used

Reviewed 2019-02-08

Using Timely has allowed us to better visualize our business as a whole, from a high-level project and scheduling perspective down to reporting and identifying the most profitable / desired type of work to pursue in business development.Timely combines a simple, intuitive interface with smart back-end features to deliver the best time tracking solution, hands down. Having used a number of different time tracking apps I was incredibly happy to find Timely - it's user interface is beautiful, the tracking and reporting tools are simple and easy to use and the product team is continuously evolving the platform, adding new features and improving the system.

Brian Rowland

Really loving Timely on all of my Apple devices

Reviewed 2017-04-05

I've been a Timely user for a couple of years now, and the product has matured nicely. It has loads of features to help me keep track of work I'm doing for different clients, and the reporting feature makes end-of-month invoicing pretty painless. I use Timely on my iPhone, iPad and MacBook, and everything transfers from one device to the other seamlessly. A great product! I highly recommend it!Extremely easy to use across different devices. Customer support is great on the few times I've needed it.

Jenny Medeiros

Free time tracking app

Reviewed 2018-12-28

Was having trouble with current time tracking apps that were either low on features or hard to look at. Timely brought a nice balance between functionality and design for scheduling my time and sticking to it. As a freelancer, I rely on solid time-tracking to monitor my performance and give estimates for work, so naturally, I've used more apps than I can count. So far, Timely is my favorite. The UI, features, and glorious reports give it an extra edge over most apps I've used. You can plan out your weeks of work in advance and it displays as nicely colored blocks that you can drag and drop if you need to shuffle tasks around. (You can also choose a custom color for each block!) You can set an hourly rate for tasks or set a budget for a project and it'll tell you how much your hourly fee should be. I love how it integrates with my Google Calendar so I'm not going back and forth to see which calendar has what.

Jim Fielden

An all round great product thats really helped my admin and billing.

Reviewed 2017-01-20

I have been using Timely for years now, and its completely transformed my billing and process. When I first started to use it, i was a freelancer, so found it extremely useful to log the precise timings of the varied jobs I had to work on throughout a day. Now I look after a team and spend much more time on Skype and in email and such, which is harder to bill. However with the introduction of the new day planner and connected apps, I plugged in Rescuetime and Trello. Now and a don't miss a single task during the day. Timely is the first app I open in the morning. Great work guys. Keep it up!

Alex Doffing

Integral to my freelance process

Reviewed 2017-03-13

I use this all day every day. It has not only allowed me to help keep an accurate record of my freelance hours , but it is pretty and satisfying to use. Seeing my custom color palette blocks grow along with the weekly balance is the progress I need to keep going. There are times when it can be slightly glitchy (I use it on Chrome), but nothing a simple refresh can't handle. Also, the continuing updates and upgrades are only increasing how seamlessly this is integrated into my workflow. The colors (I wish I could set my own standard palette, tho!); the balance up top, the flexibility

Waqar Mughal

This helps me keep track of all my hours at different rates for all my contracts

Reviewed 2017-06-14

Ease of billing my clients accurately, hours of work and what was done for each period.Organizing hours by client, contract; exporting to excel; ease of use; able to use across ALL my devices; accessible from anywhere.

ALLY SHIBY

Timely a great tool for time tracking and project management

Reviewed 2019-01-11

We can now manage our every projects remotely using Timely as it is cloud based and can be used on all devicesTimely is a great tool to manage time and increase profitability on a project, it is a well recommended tool for project managers. We are using this tool to manage our various offshore projects. The feature set is so good that we are really happy as we get all the needy features like time tracking, profit/loss tracking, task assigning etc. Timely is a great platform to manage a project in all aspects. We are really happy with their service too.

Sissel Tangen

Makes logging time fun!

Reviewed 2016-12-08

The most user-friendly time logging application I have ever used. So easy to toggle between projects. When a client calls, I have already switched logging before I answer the phone. The graphic user interface looks great, and it really makes logging time fun!How easy it makes logging time and toggling between several projects every day. Great customer service too!

Richard Peterson

Fantastic Time Tracking

Reviewed 2017-04-10

After comparing every time tracker imaginable, this one is by far my favorite, and the most attractive. The features are perfectly balanced to make it super-easy to use, and setup. The overlapping expected vs. actual time function is a VERY useful and easy way to see how you can manage your time better. The web UI is fantastic and beautiful, too, and the Memory function makes a clear and most useful timeline record. Sync between devices is flawless, and the Apple Watch app makes it always available. In my opinion, this is one of the best software companies in the world today.Beautiful: As an artist-type, attractive software is important to me. Super easy to use and to make the initial setup. Fun to use: makes a person want to use it. Useful: very easy to read data without using up all your cognitive-abilities trying to figure it out.

Karen Thomas

Better than the rest by a mile

Reviewed 2017-03-16

I tried several timekeeping products before I finally found Timely and now I can't imagine using anything else. The clean, attractive design is what first drew me in, but the ease of use and ability to customize my timekeeping tasks have made me a devoted user. Added to the mix are friendly customer service and a reasonable cost for my one-person business. I especially love the tags, which allow me to see how my tasks for each project break down this has helped me be more productive, improved my billing capabilities, and made my estimates more accurate. I can't say enough good things about Timely!Design, usability, customizable features

Brandon Vaughan

A great way to keep your time

Reviewed 2017-02-22

I can't tell you how many apps that I have tried using to document my time that made sense to the work that I was doing. For those familiar with being a grant funded employee, everything has to be written down and I found it difficult with tracking hours and calculating them for the week. Also at any given time I could be working on any one of the twenty-six aspects of my project; making keeping time more difficult. This was no problem with Timely as I was about to customize task, color code, set a timer when working on task simultaneously and easily calculate hours by the end of the week. This is definitely the application to use if you are looking for something more specific. Being able to customize projects (which I used as task).

Max Schulkens

Best time tracking app I've used

Reviewed 2017-04-10

I've tried numerous apps to keep track of my projects and hours and Timely is by far the best app I've come across. It is superior in terms of both design, functionality, and communication/support. Recommend 10/10!Design, functionality, speed with which new features are released

Fran Bambust

My beloved assistant

Reviewed 2017-01-12

I use timely on a daily basis, and it love it. I can plan my week ahead, manage my workload so I know if I can take on another job or not. It even tells me how much I will probably make this week, when I've filled in all the right elements in my project's page. It shows me how much more I can work on a project, and because it shows planned as well as logged, I can inform my clients way ahead when our budget limits are in sight. Logging is a gem. At the office I just start and stop on my mac or iPad. When I'm on the road, iPhone and the Apple Watch step in. And if these two failed - because it was too caught up to remember logging - I can fall back on automated input from Moves, Trello or Rescuetime. I never miss a minute. Even planning works that smooth. Before I had Timely I was juggling all kinds of notes, tables, papers... I was constantly panicking. Will I have enough time for this, have I been working enough, do we still have budget for this, can I take on another job... Now I have peace of mind. Timely is my beloved assistant.Ease of use, beauty, insightfulness, flexibility

Bill French

Simple, Easy-to-Use, Fire-and-Forget Billing!

Reviewed 2017-02-14

If there's one thing about the consulting business that erodes productivity most and distracts workers, it's the time-tracking and billing process. No other activity is more impactful. Either your team misses critical time expenditures, or they're saddled with the task of properly detailing their activities. Timely defends your team from time-tracking distractions in a highly productive format.

Marcio Lopes

awesome features but..

Reviewed 2017-01-16

I love the app, it helps me to keep track of my projects and to be able to set different rates for each one is really handy. Here are a few options I'd like to see implemented: - Whenever I want to delete an entry, I'd like to have either a small X on the top right corner or an option to click it once and hit the delete key. its way faster than clicking on it then looking for the Delete link. - Please please add a"keywords" option. not tags, keywords! That is so when the app receives a new entry from my google calendar it reads the text, look for specific words and automatically set the project based on these words. i.e: if the appointment has "ACME"in it, it will set the project to the ACME one. That way I can set the projects straight from my Google Calendar ;)

David Escandon

Great software for time tracking

Reviewed 2016-12-02

I've tried several time tracking tools, but I never found any as good as Timely. It is really easy to use and I can keep track of my team, my business projects. It has really good integrations with other tools and software that I use that makes time tracking even easier. And one of the best features is that we can filter and export reports for each team member, project or budget.It works as a time tracking tool should work.

Andrey Sedelnikov

Unique in all aspects

Reviewed 2017-01-02

Before finding Timely, I was reviewing some 20-30 different time recording services and they all were kind of ..crap, means totally missing what my primary goal is. And the goal is to have as little as possible interaction with a time tracking service, while still maintaining precise and trustful accountability. This is exactly why I like Timely: you always have the ability to record your time at your fingertips, have a short overview at any time and get monthly reports automatically done for you. Worth each penny!

Anonymous

I no longer waste time on unprofitable tasks

Reviewed 2018-12-29

Love the redesigned interface launched last year. Timely works perfectly for our smaller teams that focus on more of the freelancing work that comes in. I like the option for local installation as well as web - based. We use the web-based version and it's fast and effective. Like the monthly reports being automatically done, and the ability to drag and drop emails from gmail is great.

Civi Bernath

Superb!

Reviewed 2019-02-06

I've been searching for years for an app that will track time spent on jobs, without needing me to clock in and out. Until now, I simply kept a spreadsheet open, but too often I'd forget to enter either the start or finish time. The busier I was, the more likely I was to forget to track my time, which translates to lost dollars. I go into my timesheet once every couple of days, save the activities I want to record for billing, and when the project is done, I generate a report, or just simply check the time spent on the job. There's so much to the app that if I write it all, I'd be writing a user manual!The concept is terrific. I have peace of mind knowing that my work is being logged, and I'll therefore be able to bill accordingly. Customer support is unparalleled! They're unfailingly quick, friendly, and always helpful. I hope that continues as this company grows.