All categories
Timely

Automatic time tracking software for individuals & teams

visit website

Timely Reviews

Pros

It's been a blessing to use timely to help me stay on top of tracking my personal hours for work. I also love their business developments and rebranding.

Zak D.

Beautiful: As an artist-type, attractive software is important to me. Super easy to use and to make the initial setup.

Richard P.

Timely is a fantastic service to use. I love their way of management with their system and how they want their users to do the same with their personal lives.

Cons

Other pjojects I end up far beyond 100% and then I guess my planning or efficiency was bad. Other projects pay a retainer fee (normally monthly) calculated based on a forcast/estimate of activites.

Gunnar B.

Its on the expensive side. A yearner a single user makes it an expense always in danger of cuts for a small business.

Per R.

I don't think there is anything which i disliked about this product.

Saloni M.

I couldn't run my creative business without this

Transcript

Kirby: Hi, I'm Kirby. I'm the president of a branding firm, and I give Timely a five out of five. Before...

Timely is my go-to app to record my consulting and board hours

Pros

I use Timely across 3 platforms - iPhone, iPad, Mac - and all work seamlessly to keep track of my billable (and unbillable) hours. The interfaces are simple to understand and to use, and I'm much more confident in my recorded time than with other methods I've used. I appreciate how hard the Timely team works to add features to the product, and the company is responsive to my questions.

Cons

I pay a monthly subscription fee for unlimited project/client time tracking, which is great for Timely and would be fine for a consultant / lawyer / business owner who has multiple clients or projects to bill to. Most times I only have 1 or 2 projects on the go at once, and I'd like to see a "light" monthly fee added. If you have billable and non-billable hours for a project/client, you have to set up 2 different projects in order to properly tabulate the hours and invoice amounts. Timely's "tag" feature doesn't really work to keep billable and non-billable hours distinct when it comes time to determine how much to bill the client.

Revolutionary for Time capture

As a business owner, it is fantastic to get accurate and 'timely' submitted time sheets from staff each and every week. For the user, once you find your preferred method of capture, it is a breeze from there in.

Pros

The best thing about Timely is that it lets you focus on your work first, time capture second. Traditionally within an organisation with time sheets you need to constantly keep on top of your time entries or it will snowball into a big mess by the end of the week. Timely allows you to just get on with things and perhaps at the end of the week, you just approve the timesheet pre-filled for you.

Cons

When I sign up my staff to the software it can be a little overwhelming to get your head around things, and some have had minor teething issues with the memory app tracking. Once they get going its full steam ahead.

Used Timely to record time worked and tasks completed

Timely organizes time info visually very well.

Pros

I liked the way that Timely visually assembled information to be seen en mass. It made the ability to see quickly and easily where time opportunities were for our business.

Cons

Timely was not quite what we were looking for. It's a good program but ultimately we were unable to use it in tandem with other programs we were more committed to.

Lifesaver

It saves me a lot of money because I track time I missed otherwise. And in that way it is more fun to do!

Pros

I really like the memory function. Some days you are so busy you forget about tracking time (and thus missing income). But with memory I can easily see what I have done, when I have done it and how much time I spend on it. Clear overview of spend budget within projects.

Cons

The reporting function could use a little more branding, now it's just a standard template.

I couldn't run my creative business without this

I am making more money because I'm not losing those 15 minute client task hours anymore thanks to the memory tracker. Also, I lost my billing from months ago, and I was easily able to go back and reprint it, dig through my tracker and see where I was missing stuff. I'd lose out on more than $1,000 a month if I didn't have this feature.

Pros

I cannot describe how incredible it is. I am ADD and very creative. I have multiple clients and multiple contractors. The unique thing about timely is the memory tracker, which tracks my open windows, times, and even suggests clients. I never have to start and stop a clock anymore. At the end of the day, I pour a glass of wine and open the memory tracker, simply select the client, click save, and it takes me 3 minutes to MONETIZE my day! It's amazing. There are tons of other cool features, but this is my favorite one.

Cons

There is nothing not to like. I like it all.

Best time tracking software I've ever used

Using Timely has allowed us to better visualize our business as a whole, from a high-level project and scheduling perspective down to reporting and identifying the most profitable / desired type of work to pursue in business development.

Pros

Timely combines a simple, intuitive interface with smart back-end features to deliver the best time tracking solution, hands down. Having used a number of different time tracking apps I was incredibly happy to find Timely - it's user interface is beautiful, the tracking and reporting tools are simple and easy to use and the product team is continuously evolving the platform, adding new features and improving the system.

Cons

Minor glitches when saving changes, which rarely ever happen.

Free time tracking app

Was having trouble with current time tracking apps that were either low on features or hard to look at. Timely brought a nice balance between functionality and design for scheduling my time and sticking to it.

Pros

As a freelancer, I rely on solid time-tracking to monitor my performance and give estimates for work, so naturally, I've used more apps than I can count. So far, Timely is my favorite. The UI, features, and glorious reports give it an extra edge over most apps I've used. You can plan out your weeks of work in advance and it displays as nicely colored blocks that you can drag and drop if you need to shuffle tasks around. (You can also choose a custom color for each block!) You can set an hourly rate for tasks or set a budget for a project and it'll tell you how much your hourly fee should be. I love how it integrates with my Google Calendar so I'm not going back and forth to see which calendar has what.

Cons

While I love the custom color feature, it would be great if Timely could automatically assign that color for future blocks with the same name. Another useful addition would be to move a future task to the current week without having to type it out all over again.

Track your time effortlessy

It has been very beneficial during my usual working activity to track my time.

Pros

This software is perfect for the professional that has the need to track his time, but doesn't have time to do it. The AI powered engine is able to identify what you were doing and report it organized in a timetable.

Cons

I think there is still space for improvements, the AI not always recognizes correctly the tasks I'm doing.

Excellent cloud based scheduling software

Pros

This software allowed our office to manage multiple practitioners schedules, and for some, allowed patients the option of online booking.

Cons

Unfortunately, Timely was unable to integrate with our practice management software. We chose to stay with Timely for scheduling, even though it wasn't integrated as it was so much better than the scheduler in our software package.

A fantastic booking software

As a whole, Timely is a wonderful tool that has automated the process of booking appointments with clients and employees.

Pros

Timely allows for effortless management regarding your appointments with clients and staff. The software is very simple and easy to understand. You can also access it on both mobile and desktop.

Cons

Timely does not have a free version, there is however a free trial, but if you plan to use the software you will have to pay for it. More options for personalized follow-ups to clients would be a nice addition as well.

Very handy software for time tracking

As a consultant supporting several projects, timely is a very easy to use and quick way to keep track on time spent on each activity. I have it on my PC, MAC and iPhone, and logging time is done in seconds. It synchronises instantly across platforms provided they are online. I also use Move on my iPhone and I really look forward to have these two functions come together shortly.

Pros

Easy to use and always available.

Cons

None so far.

Ideal time tracking software for my business

I can’t imagine finding a better fit for me and the way I work. Timely makes time-tracking painless and effortless.

Pros

It’s quick to get up and running with Timely, entering clients and projects is a breeze. Being able to add a time or money budget is handy for those fixed-price projects – and Timely will send you notifications when you’ve reached a budget milestone (50 %, 80% and 100% of the allocated budget). An essential feature for me is being able to track my timings across different devices – if I need to work...

Cons

No significant cons spring to mind. Being able to save more project colours as defaults would be handy, as I use a single colour for each client (based on their brand colours) which means opening a previous project to copy the colour, and then pasting that in for the new project.

Things I Didn't Know When I Started Freelancing

I started freelancing and had been tracking my hours on scratch paper and Notes files on my phone (it sounds so obviously stupid that I did that, but I hated time trackers from my agency days. I tended to forget to use them and then had to mentally reconstruct my days). It was making my life hectic. I put off invoicing until the last second because it was stressful and I felt guilty - like I had made...

Pros

The visual, colorful, easy to use interface. The integration with Rescue Time, which helps me remember what I did.

Cons

None. I work in UI/UX and I have no constructive crtiticism for Timely. Well done.

Timely is an essential tool for my translation business

Pros

Working as a freelance translator, I needed a tool to plan my daily schedule and I came across Timely. It's the best planning tool I've found so far. At a single glance, I can know if my schedule for the week/day is already full or if I can keep accepting new assignments. I also started tracking the time I spent on each of my projects, which allowed me to realise just how little time I spent actually...

Cons

Maybe, just maybe, it's a little "too large" for my needs, so to keep things minimal, a plan with just the basic features would be welcome.

Perfect for entrepreneurs

Timely has provided me with a simple and professional tool for tracking time that is cost effective and efficient. I don't need to spend a lot of time preparing back up for invoices because Timely produces a professional report that is flexible enough to be adapted to the needs of each client. It saves me so much time and is a great value for the money.

Pros

Timely is so easy to use and very intuitive. It is so simple to set up new clients and projects and the connection to my calendar is great. My favorite feature is the reporting function that creates professional looking billing summaries that support invoicing. (I continue to use the old reporting format as that works best for me). One unexpected benefit is how much it has helped me track how I'm using my time. Having the dashboard visual that shows how my hours have been allocated and when has been very helpful for time management.

Cons

It's so minor but the range in colors for projects is pretty limited.

Timely is the best thing to happen to our business!

As a medical office, we use medical documentation software so we can appropriately document and bill for services. However, when we started selling retail wellness products and offering other wellness services, using our EMR was much too cumbersome to keep track of these things - we didn't want to have to set up a whole case for someone who just came in to buy a set of weights, and most of the things that Timely does fell on me - keeping track of inventory, tracking used visits against packages, etc. When I found Timely, it almost seemed too good to be true. Other software would track inventory, but not packages. Timely not only did everything I wanted and more, but it's a user-friendly software. Very intuitive. It was easy to train my staff on the system and has taken a lot off my plate.

Pros

Timely tracks product inventory, package purchases, has a scheduling module, reports for sales and many other things, a place to write notes associated with each visit, and is simply easy to use.

Cons

The ONLY thing I'd say is that I wish if I entered a client twice, it would warn me before creating the client a second time. The good thing is that there is an option to merge customers if you realize you did create someone more than once.

moving on

Pros

Easy and simple to use Good value......

Cons

The program didnt have enough functions for a gym/PT studio

Timely helps organize my freelance time

Being in a full-time position where I track my time, I needed something different for my freelance projects. Timely solves that for me and gives me a solution where I can keep my day job and freelance separate.

Pros

I like planning my time toward multiple freelance by day and project, but love I can adjust time if things change. It really helps me keep track in all of the time and resources I put toward a project. I like the ability to pull reports, seeing how much time/money was planned vs. actually accrued.

Cons

There isn't anything that I least liked. I have used customer service once in my three years of using the service and it was pretty decent,

Work Efficiently

Pros

There are days when I need to focus on a specific project or task and it’s very difficult not to get distracted. There are other days when I need to multi-task and juggle everything due to time and deadlines. This is why I decided to invest in a time tracking software to see how much time I spend working on specific tasks. I found Timely online and it’s phenomenal. I get this neat software to teach me to be more productive with the work I do. It has other features, but I mainly use it for this service and it has been great.

Cons

My main issue with Timely is sometimes it freezes and lags which means I have to reload the page. It doesn’t happen too often and thank God for that, otherwise I won’t get the accurate time I spend on my tasks.

Mr

Pros

Timely has a nice and modern interface with all the bells and whistles one has come to expect from high end services. This service is what all the others should have been. Hopeful, more integrations will be implemented so that mass adoption can start. * Planning is a very useful feature that I have not seen in other similar services. * The ability to easily create projects; set budgets, hourly rates and so on is nice.

Cons

Windows(desktop Memory) and Android(App) does not seem to be prioritized as much as their OSX and iOS counterparts. This causes some frustration for me as I can see features arrive for the Apple products, but I have to wait 6 months until the Windows/Android equivalent.

Really loving Timely on all of my Apple devices

I've been a Timely user for a couple of years now, and the product has matured nicely. It has loads of features to help me keep track of work I'm doing for different clients, and the reporting feature makes end-of-month invoicing pretty painless. I use Timely on my iPhone, iPad and MacBook, and everything transfers from one device to the other seamlessly. A great product! I highly recommend it!

Pros

Extremely easy to use across different devices. Customer support is great on the few times I've needed it.

Cons

I don't dislike anything. The company is good about bringing out new features, which I appreciate. Keep evolving the product!

Timely app

Timely has helped track timing of projects which has helped quote for new projects. From scheduling and pricing jobs it has be a pleasure using it and has become a key tool for us to use each and every day. Great interface that works great on mobile - on the go and always easy to reference any data or information you require.

Pros

Great interface and ease of use, it has become a really key tool for us for time tracking and scheduling work from start to finish.

Cons

Not many, all I would say now and again updates are released I would just like to see more quicker!

Best Time Tracker for Freelancers

Whenever I have had issues, it has always been handled almost immediately, the customer service is stellar and the AI feature is the best addition. It has made my life so much easier!

Pros

I love the ability to review the memories of work I have completed, I have easily increased my billable hours by 20% because I'm not guessing or estimating the time I spent on certain tasks. My clients love the timesheet reports, and I love how easy it is to use!

Cons

That I didn't find it sooner! The only problem I have had is that my timesheet details when shared do not share the worked to-from times, but that is easily corrected by exporting to a pdf instead, it just doesn't look as pretty.

Great option for small enterprises and independent workers

Super satisfied with it. As a freelancer this my preferred software for time / budget tracking.

Pros

The simplest of its features is one I love the most: the fact that your timer can count money and not just hours/minutes/seconds. As you start a new project you define a budget and an hourly rate and that's it. The reports you can export are cool. And obviously it's new intelligent features are awesome. With a few tweaks, you connect your timely account to the software you work on usually, so it automatically tracks time by software / project.

Cons

Honestly, just the fact it became a paid software. It was free in the old days and it was great!

An all round great product thats really helped my admin and billing.

I have been using Timely for years now, and its completely transformed my billing and process. When I first started to use it, i was a freelancer, so found it extremely useful to log the precise timings of the varied jobs I had to work on throughout a day. Now I look after a team and spend much more time on Skype and in email and such, which is harder to bill. However with the introduction of the new day planner and connected apps, I plugged in Rescuetime and Trello. Now and a don't miss a single task during the day. Timely is the first app I open in the morning. Great work guys. Keep it up!