ResMan Logo

Suggested alternatives

rent-manager
yardi-breeze
innago

The best thing i like about Resman is the help button. If you need assistance there is someone always available to help you.
I love how user friendly the software is. I also love how you can get support so quickly when needed.
We use Resman as our Property Management software for our community of 282 apartments. It has been an amazing software to use so far, and myself and the team are very impressed with it.
Absolutely AWFUL on-boarding process I have ever experienced.
The ledger is sometimes confusing for our residents.
Integration with other programs gives trouble sometimes.

LR

Laura R.

Manager

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

ResMan Review: ResMan Brought us up to date!

Transcript

Laura: Hi, I am Laura and I'm the manager at Roosevelt Plaza Apartments. We are a 100 unit Section 8...

Hi Laura! We wanted to express our gratitude for your glowing review of ResMan. It's fantastic to hear how our platform has helped your properties embrace the digital age in the Affordable Housing industry, and that our support was there for you every step of the way. We're thrilled that ResMan has proven beneficial for your teams, and we're committed to continually supporting your success. Your feedback is invaluable, and we look forward to further enhancing your experience. Thanks again for choosing ResMan!

Miranda R.

Internet, 51-200 employees

Easy way to keep track of employee hours

Pros

I used to create weekly reports for my boss that listed our team's hours on each project. It was easy to select the project and dates to filter so I could export the information to Excel for the reports. It was also easy to keep track of the employee's PTO each week. Having this software allowed me to create the reports I needed within a matter of minutes.

Cons

I did not have any cons while using this software.

Hi Miranda. Thanks for your review! Those reports you mentioned are great and our reporting is getting even better. We have a whole team working on creating the visibility and accuracy that property managers expect. Regards, Dennis Behrman | SVP of Marketing

JO

Jaimie O.

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Smoothest Software Out There!

Overall positive!

Pros

Instead of having different modules added on in an attempt to stay updated, REsman has a smooth, fully integrated platform that is user friendly and was easy (relatively) to install. We appreciate their ability to use integration partners, rather than forcing their customers to use ONLY their product, especially to integrate with our own website, insurance partner etc. This allows us more flexibility and control over which services we choose to use. They are one of the friendliest softwares for our on-site teams and have super good help videos and instructions. They are easy to get along with and I predict they will give Yardi and Onesite a run for their money. I highly recommend!

Cons

The accounting processes did not mesh quite as well, but our accounting department was able to come up with work arounds that satisfied them. Customer service used to be above expectations, but I think they have had some turnover and although I do think their customer service reps are polite and effective, we are not likely to get our issues resolved in less than 1 to 2 weeks now.

KB

Karen B.

Growing Painfully

I am very frustrated with the Affordable side of Resman. It takes a long time to get them to correct issues and often they do not get done. Some of their support staff are exceptional and others have no clue.

Pros

I like that Resman works well with offices that run multiple properties. It is easy to move from one property to the next and to move resident between properties. It also has a good selection of reports.

Cons

Resman does not handle many of the affordable property tasks very well. Doing recerts and renewals is very confusing and is not working the way it should. They don't seem to have a good grasp on the Affordable Housing needs. They are working to correct these, but it is a slow process.

Hi Karen, Thank you for sharing your thoughts. As you know, we have grown from a small startup with almost no resources. Oftentimes, rapid growth comes with growing pains like the ones you mentioned. Over the past 9 months, we have made substantial investments in our affordable edition. Expect to see those improvements rolled out over the next 3 months. We worked with one of the largest providers...

SH

Sara H.

ResMan Property Management software

ResMan is good software, it is very user friendly. The ResMan support staff is very professional and courteous. The training we received when we first implemented the software at our company was first rate. Overall I think that ResMan is great.

Pros

I've used many different property management software systems over the years and ResMan is one of the most user friendly. I think with minimal training someone could very easily use ResMan and intuitively figure out how it works and how to accomplish most tasks. I have used ResMan since June 2015. I know our company has asked ResMan to add features, customize reports, etc and the software support has been very good. Typically anytime we have a problem or find a glich with the functionality, ResMan support is quick to reach out to us and usually is also quick to offer a solution.

Cons

I have noticed that when ResMan runs an update or adds a feature or enhancement, there can be issues with the functionality of other unrelated features. My experience has been that those minor issues that I've encountered have been corrected very quickly and usually before I have the opportunity to report them. Also, I feel that while there are a great deal of available financial reports however the reports features aren't as in depth or as numerous as what you might find with other property management software.

JH

John H.

Great for Large Multifamily Property Managers

We used this software for about 6 months and switched. Onboarding was great. We were unique in that we had a lot of single-family properties and we had to make the software work for them but it was not meant for single-family and ultimately switched after 6 months.

Pros

The accounting function of this software was great. I was able to generate recurring bills monthly and automate many of monthly tasks. Onboarding was great, though costly, they had a great team get everything into their system and we had a great trainer come to our office and train the staff. No long term commitment, month to month pricing.

Cons

Even though it is not module based it is very similar to module-based software companies. You have to add the leasing vendor, a payment processor for tenants and collections integration. In all this software gets quite expensive very quickly. Not great software for commercial properties or single-family homes. They charge per property and cost starts to skyrocket.

KG

Karina G.

Management Consulting, 51-200 employees

Honest Review from Township Apts

I have been using Resman for over 4 years and it has changed so many things for us on the operations of our property. It is so user friendly and training for new members has been an easier process.

Pros

The ease of using the software make our daily operations easier. The search bar is one of my favorite buttons, as well as being able to correct mistakes easily on ledgers.

Cons

What i like the least, is that many times the is really slow to load, especially towards the end of the business day.

Karina, Thank you for your honest feedback. The quick search function is a lifesaver and we are glad to hear it is a favorite of yours. Thanks Again, Aaron Trujillo ResMan | Marketing Director

KS

Kayla S.

Management Consulting, 501-1,000 employees

Property Manager

Pros

The software is my best friend and easy to use not only on the computer but on my phone as well using google chrome or safari. The bulk text messaging, email, form letters, and much more. I am very pleased with the software in its entirety and can't wait to see what other enhancements are to come!

Cons

There isn't much that I don't like about this software. It would be great to have a Resman app!

MD

Marie D.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

An Accountant's Perspective

The best thing about Resman from our standpoint is the accounting functions. Other software companies on the market focus on managing tenants but lack proper accounting making us, as the accountants, use to QBO or Xero. Resman has solved that problem !

Pros

Our firm specializes in managing multi-family real estate properties for our customers. Resman is by far the most robust real estate software available, especially the multitude of reports that can be generated. It is a full service tenant management program along with a full service back-end accounting program.

Cons

The software is a bit pricey for smaller investors. We have also found implementation glitches when we are not involved directly with the clients implementation process.

Marie, We work hard to make sure we are on the leading edge of property management technology and accounting is at the core of what we do. Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback. We absolutely appreciate such positive feedback from an accounting professional. Aaron Trujillo, Sr. Digital Marketing Manager

KG

Ken G.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Resman runs our entire business - great software

Excellent product

Pros

Ease of use Created by operational people Easily integrated with other software

Cons

Wish it was a little cheaper (don't we always)

AC

Angela C.

Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 employees

Assistant Community Director Review

Pros

The ease of use, and how it is integrated with other programs that we need to use daily.

Cons

At this time, I don't feel as though I have noticed any cons with this software

DL

Diane L.

Aspire Review

Overall, our experience has been very good. The implementation and training we paid for was unfortunately sub par to say the least, leaving us with several significant issues to address on our own. These have been rectified, however not without "pain". For the most part everyone we work with at ResMan is responsive and more than willing to do what they can to help. Their online chat support is wonderful. It is a tool, as well as their help section that i strongly encourage everyone to use. A year into using the system, we just about have all our bugs worked out! Again, I contribute much of this to our sub par training at implementation.

Pros

The fact that it is so user friendlyfor both onsite and corporate associates while providing the reports needed.

Cons

THE BUDGET portion of the package. Needs to be able to accommodate properties with no ResMan history. Right now it only works for those who have history.

KF

Katelyn F.

ResMan Review

ResMan is overall very user friendly.

Pros

The feature I like most about this software is the texting capabilities. It allows us to reach our Resident at almost all times. I also like that ResMan typically integrates with other software easily.

Cons

The thing I like least about this software is it seems like when there is an update there is often a glitch or the software crashes. This can usually be fixed by restarting my computer but can be frustrating if you are in the middle of something.

Katelyn, Thank you for sharing your experience with ResMan. We agree the bi-directional SMS feature is great, especially when you need to keep track of resident communication in one place. I forwarded this feedback to our product team as well. We appreciate all feedback from our users. Thanks Again, Aaron Trujillo ResMan | Marketing Director

MH

Maryanna H.

Resman Review Questions

This is the first time I've used this program in this industry so it's a difficult thing for me to compare.

Pros

For the most part, the program is user friendly. New employees are able to pick up basics fairly easily.

Cons

I truly don't like when we have to trouble shoot an issue. The help (?) icon rarely offers any support when ever I use it to research an issue. When I've had to call the customer service agent the help takes so long to get, so I don't want to even call.

JF

Jeanne F.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Poor support for complex program, Lots of features, big learning curve (even experienced managers),

Liked the client format and ability to gather & share info w/clients. Liked integration with Bluemoon leases.

Pros

Lots of features (ability to upload photos, pets info, vehicles, leases). Seems simple at first, until you begin adding data & its counter-intuitive. Does have wide variety of multiple Report choices. Nice format to send client emails, notices and statements.

Cons

Very long-learning curve (even for experienced managers); sell `ease of moving into their system, but it isnt easy and doesnt have a smooth transition (& havent heard of any of our peers who did either). support isnt available in evenings (when mgrs. often need help, as apt offices are very busy during day hours). Unresponsive to recommendations. Chat (during day) is not very quick (are friendly) and...

Jeanne, thanks for your review. Our goal was to offer a single end-to-end system for operators in the field that included everything you need to manage a portfolio of assets. We knew we were on the right track, and in particular our product's workflows, resident communications, and the reliability of our data and reporting have garnered kind reviews. In the six months since you wrote this review,...

MS

Michelle S.

Accounting, 51-200 employees

Resman User Friendly - I Love It

Overall, Resman is the best bang for the buck, user friendly, two clicks and I have what I need. You can follow any transaction back to it's beginning OR check tenant accounts for proper postings. You can navigate very easy and account for everything from Purchase Orders to Closing Reports. An overall joy to use.

Pros

I like Resman because I only have to make 2 clicks and I'm viewing whatever I need to do my job. I have worked with other software and I still can't find a specific report without help. The bad part is that somebody told all the property management companies in my area that the others are better and now we can't find many that use Resman. PLEASE GET MARKETING BACK UP TO SELL THIS SOFTWARE. We need this in commercial too.

Cons

Customer service used to be better and instant, now it takes a couple of days to get a representative to reply BUT I still love Resman.

Thank you for your kind words about ResMan! We appreciate your feedback and are always continually working to improve the overall experience of our partners and users. Your support means a lot, and we're committed to serving you now and in the future!

JR

James R.

Real Estate, 501-1,000 employees

ResMan

I enjoy using ResMan but sometimes it can be buggy and glitch out. Such as only pulling up the unit you have open, regardless of what you type in the search bar, and sometimes it takes forever to load (rarely).

Pros

The boardroom displays everything you need to know about your property and Leasing Consultants can see how the property is doing overall.

Cons

It is not all-in-one and does not include everything; you have to use other applications for different features.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience using ResMan! We're very excited to hear that our BoardRoom allows you the visibility you need to effectively succeed in your role! That's the goal! I'll be sure to share your additional feedback with the team to help improve future experiences. If there is a partner or integration that you would like to incorporate within our solution, feel free to reach out to your account team and they can provide you helpful feedback, as ResMan wants to make sure our partners have the power of choice. Thank you again for sharing with us!

TZ

Todd Z.

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Keep Resman Boardroom based and do not "bolt" new features on as this will diminish software.

[sensitive content hidden] is the reason we stay with Resman. She has and continue to Manage us through any hurdles. The Software is the best option in the industry in my experience and I have used Real Page, Yardi, MRI, and other products and hands down Resman is the best experience.

Pros

Boardroom based single landing page for functionality. Keep the system this way or it will become Yardi, Real Page, MRI, and they are terrible user experiences.

Cons

Resman is growing fast and you need to make sure you hire and fire the correct people so that you Brand continues to strengthen.

Hello Todd, thank you so much for reviewing the ResMan platform. We appreciate you sharing your experience and insights with us! We're thrilled that the BoardRoom is a functionality you enjoy. I'll be sure to share your additional feedback with the team to help improve the experience in the future and keep ResMan ahead of the game. Thank you again and have a great day!

VH

Veanessa H.

ResMan Fan

Excellent!

Pros

User-friendly, cost-efficient, and ease to train.

Cons

Integration partner processes could be improved.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience using ResMan! We're so happy to hear that our solution has been user-friendly, cost-efficient, and easy to train on. Those words speak volumes and we can't thank you enough for sharing with us. Our goal is to make sure our solution is intuitive for anyone, no matter what role they're in. Thank you again for your feedback! Have a wonderful day!

CH

Cindy H.

Hospitality, 201-500 employees

ResMan is the right choice

From the very beginning of researching ResMan, implementing, and our ongoing usage, we have been very fortunate to have hands on availability to those that can help us with any question or issue that comes up. With online training and additional webinars, we have been able to onboard a new accounting manager and Property Manager in no time at all. We are extremely thrilled!

Pros

This is the easiest product to use. Coming from a non-multi housing background, but using programs like Yardi in my past for Commercial Real Estate, ResMan, without taking any training, is the most intuitive program. It has every report you could ever need, the integrations are seamless, and the navigations through screens is super easy.

Cons

On property teams struggle a bit with the ease of the software, as it is completely different from Yardi and Property Matrix programs but it really can do so much more. I'm sure 2 years in we still haven't used all the functionality offered to us at this point. Customer service was a little tough when you had a question in the beginning, but they have since moved to a new platform where you have a dedicated team and it works amazing.

SM

Samantha M.

Great for Affordable Housing

Pros

I like that Resman has the ability to apply late fees automatically and the quick qualify feature that quickly checks income and shows what set-aside the applicant would potentially qualify for. I like the TIC creation and how easy it is to follow, it's made a huge difference not having to do them by hand.

Cons

I feel that the integration with AvidXchange could be better as I have noticed before avid, when a P.O was converted to an invoice the P.O would change to "completed" and disappear from your active "approved" queue of P.Os. With avid, these P.Os hang out and it can get confusing if not paying close attention.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience using ResMan! We're so glad that our solution has been helpful for you in the Affordable Housing space as this has been a top priority for us. We hope it helps allow you to put more focus on your residents and the community, instead of issues with your software. That's the goal! I'll be sure to share your additional feedback with the team to help improve future experiences. Thank you again for sharing with us!

LH

LaVone H.

Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 employees

Ashton Heights - Office Staff - Use Resman

To be truthful, I don't know what business problems are solved.

Pros

It is relatively easy to navigate through the various aspects of Resman

Cons

There is problems with the payments deposited to Resman do not make it to the Ledger of the Resident. Just recently, deposited a money order for the resident in 1120. It is on the Deposit Batch, but did not post to the residents ledger. I am having problems with transferring residents from one unit to another. Even after the Transfer there is still the message of pending transfer (click here) on the previous unit. Processing invoices for payment and the scan to attach. I, today, selected a scanned invoice to attach and I access everything except the one I needed. Example is, invoice scanned had last numbers or 420, I select that, I get scans for 415/414/420. I continue to try and eventually I am able to get the correct invoice attachment. It is frustrating and consume too much time.

Hi LaVone, I am sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues. Since you have described your situation in detail, I am forwarding your information to our customer support team so that they can get in touch with you. And if you have any more questions, feel free to email me. --Dennis Behrman, SVP of Marketing | dennis.behrman@myresman.com

AB

Alexander B.

Real Estate, 201-500 employees

A Property Management Must!

This is the most user friendly, adaptable program I’ve ever used. I want this where I work!

Pros

All of the “I wish xxxxxx software could do” and it “things would be easier if our program did this/that”.... ResMan does it! I worked in ResMan for a short period while working with BSR Trust and was in one of the first training programs. I have recommended ResMan to every management company there after. Delinquency notes, resident communication, reporting... ResMan is top notch!

Cons

Honestly I can’t not think of anything I dislike about ResMan. I would recommend a large, skilled sales team so more places will concert to ResMan

Alexander, Our teams try very hard to be the most user-friendly property management platform on the market, so thank you for the feedback. We love it! Regards, Aaron Trujillo Director of Demand/Sales Operations

FR

Francisca R.

Executive Office, 1-10 employees

Assistant Manager Review

I have worked with various softwares and I appreciate how easy it is to understand and learn Resman

Pros

It is user friendly.

Cons

One of the main things that can be frustrating is, I found that when residents are transferred from one unit to another, when the resident attempts to pay rent for their new apartment, due to them using the same email for both apartments it doesnt allow them to pay rent at their new unit because their email address is attached to their old unit. I feel that once the move out rec is done it should void the resident form their previous unit that they transferred from.

Hello Francisca, thank you so much for taking the time to review ResMan. We're happy to hear the platform is user-friendly and easy to understand compared to other solutions you've used in the past. I'll be sure to share your additional feedback regarding transfers with the team to help improve the experience in the future. Thank you for sharing your insights with us. Have a fantastic day!

April R.

ResMan Makes the World a Better Place

Pros

Regarding the ownership side of multifamily, ResMan makes managing and overseeing the assets so much easier and efficient. I have experienced using almost all of the property management software platforms and ResMan is by far the most functionally competent one out there.

Cons

My only con is that all of my assets aren't using ResMan, working on making this change mandatory.

Hello April, thank you so much for taking the time to review ResMan. We're glad to hear the platform helps owners and operators both manage and oversee assets easily and efficiently as that is a key part of making sure all areas of the business have the support and tools they need to succeed. Thank you for sharing your insights with us. Have a fantastic day!

MG

MaryAnn G.

Investment Management, 51-200 employees

Great quality Program

Our overall experience has been wonderful. Coming from using other programs and comparing them to ResMan. We can honestly say that the simplicity of using this program has helped the smooth operation of our property.

Pros

We love how easy and simple it is to use the program. You have quick links that allow you the fast way to give information or get any information that is needed. You don't waste a lot of time trying to find a resident or unit with you quick links. The delinquency tracking is amazing as well. We have had the best outcome with ensure that our residents are paying on time and getting information out to those who might have fallen behind.

Cons

I feel that there is very little to not like about ResMan. We enjoy most of what the product gives.

Hello Mary, thank you so much for taking the time to review the ResMan platform. We're so happy to hear that ResMan helps enable its users to be the best they can in their roles, and that the ease of use is a highlight for the team. Thank you for sharing your insights with us. Have a fantastic day!