All categories
ResMan

Property management software for multifamily apartments

visit website

ResMan Reviews

Pros

I love how user friendly the software is. I also love how you can get support so quickly when needed.

Sabrina B.

We use Resman as our Property Management software for our community of 282 apartments. It has been an amazing software to use so far, and myself and the team are very impressed with it.

Krissy V.

The best thing i like about Resman is the help button. If you need assistance there is someone always available to help you.

Tiffany N.

Cons

Absolutely AWFUL on-boarding process I have ever experienced.

Michael C.

The ledger is sometimes confusing for our residents.

kierra H.

Integration with other programs gives trouble sometimes.

Dorisbeth T.

Easy, convenient

Pros

I love that I can get an easy overview of my entire portfolio. The dashboard is useful, the reports are great and the software is very intuitive. There is an easy flow between products and everything is included in the monthly price.

Cons

I would like better reporting for excluded units

Smoothest Software Out There!

Overall positive!

Pros

Instead of having different modules added on in an attempt to stay updated, REsman has a smooth, fully integrated platform that is user friendly and was easy (relatively) to install. We appreciate their ability to use integration partners, rather than forcing their customers to use ONLY their product, especially to integrate with our own website, insurance partner etc. This allows us more flexibility and control over which services we choose to use. They are one of the friendliest softwares for our on-site teams and have super good help videos and instructions. They are easy to get along with and I predict they will give Yardi and Onesite a run for their money. I highly recommend!

Cons

The accounting processes did not mesh quite as well, but our accounting department was able to come up with work arounds that satisfied them. Customer service used to be above expectations, but I think they have had some turnover and although I do think their customer service reps are polite and effective, we are not likely to get our issues resolved in less than 1 to 2 weeks now.

User Friendly

Vendor Onboarding & Invoicing are very easy with Resman

Pros

I like that you can find just about anything with the search feature, even if you are just looking for an invoice number or vendors name.

Cons

I dislike that Resman opens multiple pages when you are looking through different documents or files. I would like to be able to toggle back and forth without having 35 tabs open just for Resman.

Getting Better, but not there yet

Overall, I think ResMan is TRYING to get in the game, but I wish it could happen a little(or a lot) quicker. Our account rep and support team are always great, they really do try their best to make all of our Property Management Softeware dreams come true. I REALLY want to love ResMan, I am hopeful that the future will show some drastic improvements!

Pros

It is somewhat easy to use, the dashboard is attractive and doesn't look sterile and cold like OneSite. The support team needs to be larger, but the team they have definitely does their best to react quickly and puts in requests for enhancements when we can not be helped. They are always friendly and upfront on what is coming and what they are trying to improve.

Cons

Too much double work, for instance to add lease term options you must add the property to the lease terms desired under Admin, Settings AND add the lease term under Property, Unit Type. As an Admin that the Regionals/Site Team depend on it is imperative that requests be taken care of swiftly and almost every task in ResMan requires an absorbent amount of time on the back end. Easy Lease, there is nothing...

Hi Michael. Thank you for your review. Everyone at ResMan loves First Choice. We'll be reaching out to you directly to address your concerns. We have some great stuff around the corner that should put a smile on your face. We're working hard to make it the best software you'll ever use. Please always feel free to reach out...we're here to help. --Dennis Behrman, SVP of Marketing

Efficient, Effective and User Friendly

My experience with Res Man has been great! I have been using the software for roughly 4 years, it has been very intuitive and helpful.

Pros

Res Man offers user friendly functions that make even the most novice of user, feel like a pro. I love how easy the system is to navigate. I also enjoyed the multiple integration options to additional vendors and partners to expand the multilevel use of the platform.

Cons

I am not a large fan of the reporting layout. I do like the drilling in aspect on the reports that link you back to Res Man to research if needed. But, the combing through the reports on the report page us not friendly to the eyes and it is very easy to overlook something you need quickly when in a rush.

Aspire Review

Overall, our experience has been very good. The implementation and training we paid for was unfortunately sub par to say the least, leaving us with several significant issues to address on our own. These have been rectified, however not without "pain". For the most part everyone we work with at ResMan is responsive and more than willing to do what they can to help. Their online chat support is wonderful. It is a tool, as well as their help section that i strongly encourage everyone to use. A year into using the system, we just about have all our bugs worked out! Again, I contribute much of this to our sub par training at implementation.

Pros

The fact that it is so user friendlyfor both onsite and corporate associates while providing the reports needed.

Cons

THE BUDGET portion of the package. Needs to be able to accommodate properties with no ResMan history. Right now it only works for those who have history.

Leading Management Software

From the initial implementation of my first property 7 years ago, to my most recent, ResMan works along side you and your team, keeping everyone on track to ensure the property is set up properly. We truly value this software, and highly recommend it to other management companies.

Pros

Having worked with other software, such as Yardi & OneSite, I am a firm believer that the very best software for the multi-family industry is ResMan! ResMan is extremely user friendly, easy to navigate, and the flow makes sense! The financial reports are excellent and meet the needs of my owners.

Cons

Overall, my experience has been very positive and I cannot think of a negative.

Resman runs our entire business - great software

Excellent product

Pros

Ease of use Created by operational people Easily integrated with other software

Cons

Wish it was a little cheaper (don't we always)

Assistant Community Director Review

Pros

The ease of use, and how it is integrated with other programs that we need to use daily.

Cons

At this time, I don't feel as though I have noticed any cons with this software

The Ups and Downs of Resman

Resman is easy to use for everyday simple task and very efficient, the problem I have experienced is not being able to correct a mistake or back up when needed simply and quickly. Overall I would absolutely recommend this software to other property management companies.

Pros

I love that it is so easy to navigate. I will be paying bills and need a GL Code, so instead of pulling out the list you can just put like paint in the search bar and get the Code you need. Simple and efficient I like that our background screening and rent payment site is accessible within Resman. I love the little lizard guy. I like that you can stroll over something and get an explanation of it's function, that is wonderful.

Cons

I have no way to back up, so I have to pull the addresses back up while working in them. I do not like that you cannot just enter someones phone number without getting their birth date and social, it will not let you save the number without it and some people don't like providing that info when all you really need is an updated contact number. I have had issues when trying to take a roommate off the lease and creates an accounting nightmare that I have yet to be able to correct. When doing the move out reconciliations I have found that a simple mistake will create double charges.

I Absolutely Love Resman

I think Resman is the best product available, compared to all the databases out there you outshine the all categories. The price point is perfect, except when you perform rate increases, upon renewal time. These increases, can take away from all the greatness.

Pros

I love how easy it is to set up and customize. Admin access is the absolute best, if I ever get stuck i simply pull up the resman help link and type in my concern, and boom, I can figure it out.

Cons

I wish set up was quicker. If a devoted team got it all done day ONE /TWO omg that was would be amazing. I get it takes time, but maybe it could be done.

ResMan- Leading Software for Property Manager

Pros

The best part about ResMan is how user friendly it is. It was quick to learn and easy to communicate with residents. It also has an excellent, clean interface. It looks much more advanced than other property management software I've used prior.

Cons

I feel like this software isn't easy to pull specific reports. It could just be a training issue, but some reports I used to be able to access immediately are more difficult to find.

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. We work very hard to make sure our property management platform is built with ease-of-use in mind. Regarding pulling reports, we recently launched an all-new support portal, here you can access hundreds of knowledge articles and familiarize yourself with reporting functions in our platform. You can also chat live with a support agent during operating hours if you ever need some additional help pulling reports. Thanks again for the feedback. Aaron Trujillo Sr. Digital Marketing Manager

Great Full-Featur Program and Easy to Learn/Use

With managing almost 350 units, we were swimming in Work Order and Maintenance information that was hard to keep track of. ResMan has removed that burden and everything is within reach for accounting, maintenance, property managers and Administrators. We are adding several hundred units to our Management Company over the next 12 months and we know that implementation will go well.

Pros

We came to ResMan from using QuickBooks only and keeping all our property Management in files, on our server in electronic format and/or lists and lists and files of Maintenance records. We loved how easy Implementation went, and how, like QuickBooks, you can drill down to the details in ResMan. We now have all of our property management documentation in one place from Tenant files to Maintenance to Affordable Housing reporting information. Each time we contact support for assistance, the response is quick and very effective.

Cons

We still have not "cracked the nut" with the Tax Credits Compliance Reporting seamlessly working with our Nebraska Housing Finance agency. We are doing the Compliance Online with our funding agency manually until we can get back to working with Support and our Funding Agency to get this reporting in the format we need. We know we can find a solution but our Management Company is growing so fast right now, we are tackling getting our new units into ResMan and then will get back to solving the Tax Credit Compliance reporting piece.

Cris, thanks for taking the time to review the ResMan platform. You're right that compliance is a tough nut to crack but we are working at top speed to increase the innovation lead we enjoy in affordable. Our design philosophy is to provide a platform that helps businesses like yours grow. We're thrilled to be part of your growth journey! Dennis Behrman | SVP of Marketing

ResMan Property Management software

ResMan is good software, it is very user friendly. The ResMan support staff is very professional and courteous. The training we received when we first implemented the software at our company was first rate. Overall I think that ResMan is great.

Pros

I've used many different property management software systems over the years and ResMan is one of the most user friendly. I think with minimal training someone could very easily use ResMan and intuitively figure out how it works and how to accomplish most tasks. I have used ResMan since June 2015. I know our company has asked ResMan to add features, customize reports, etc and the software support has been very good. Typically anytime we have a problem or find a glich with the functionality, ResMan support is quick to reach out to us and usually is also quick to offer a solution.

Cons

I have noticed that when ResMan runs an update or adds a feature or enhancement, there can be issues with the functionality of other unrelated features. My experience has been that those minor issues that I've encountered have been corrected very quickly and usually before I have the opportunity to report them. Also, I feel that while there are a great deal of available financial reports however the reports features aren't as in depth or as numerous as what you might find with other property management software.

Resman, alternative to expensive competitors

Every accounting software has its loopholes but the difference is how the software company make use of any loopholes reported. With Resman, they have people dedicated to improving their software and they welcome suggestions and observation. Then they don't take that lightly. They discuss it with their development team and find a solution immediately. Other software company may listen but they may not take action according to expectation. I have been using Resman for almost two years now and so far, I do not have any significant complaint yet. I give them 4 out of 5 stars. The missing one star, being the room for more improvement.

Pros

I like the fact that they have dedicated friendly Customer service who would be there for you by email, by chat and by phone specially when Resman is new to you and trying to learn its features. Compared to other accounting software I have used, I would most likely recommend Resman to others. I also like the fact that they take criticism and reported loopholes constructively to improve and develop their software better to be more competitive. Another this I like about Resman is they help you when you set up the books at its initial stage.

Cons

Initially, I did not like the bank rec modules, but it looks like my problem with it has been addressed. I also least like the transaction categories because when you create charges, you think the category you chose would flow through the financial reports, but not all the time. It depends on how the transaction categories are being set up. If they were set up incorrectly, then your reports will not be correct and you will end up doing a journal entry to correct them and it is not efficient in a way. Garbage in, garbage out, sort of. What I would like to see is when you create charges, you should be able to choose from the chart of accounts directly, and not from the transaction categories.

Aminah, Thank you for two years of loyalty and understanding. We have come a long way and as we continue to grow, expect us to be even better! --Dennis Behrman, SVP of Marketing | dennis.behrman@myresman.com

Poor support for complex program, Lots of features, big learning curve (even experienced managers),

Liked the client format and ability to gather & share info w/clients. Liked integration with Bluemoon leases.

Pros

Lots of features (ability to upload photos, pets info, vehicles, leases). Seems simple at first, until you begin adding data & its counter-intuitive. Does have wide variety of multiple Report choices. Nice format to send client emails, notices and statements.

Cons

Very long-learning curve (even for experienced managers); sell `ease of moving into their system, but it isnt easy and doesnt have a smooth transition (& havent heard of any of our peers who did either). support isnt available in evenings (when mgrs. often need help, as apt offices are very busy during day hours). Unresponsive to recommendations. Chat (during day) is not very quick (are friendly) and...

Jeanne, thanks for your review. Our goal was to offer a single end-to-end system for operators in the field that included everything you need to manage a portfolio of assets. We knew we were on the right track, and in particular our product's workflows, resident communications, and the reliability of our data and reporting have garnered kind reviews. In the six months since you wrote this review,...

Great Program

Overall the program works great and I enjoy using it.

Pros

Resman makes it easy to communicate with your residents. The text feature is by far my favorite thing.

Cons

The Easy Lease integration with Blue Moon. There are lots of bugs that never seem to get fixed. Things that previously work, just stop working. Also, there should be a way to merge duplicate contacts.

Melanie, thanks for taking the time to review ResMan! Your remarks about Blue Moon are a regular topic of discussion in our office. Leasing laws and regulations are abundant, lengthy, complex, and frequently changing. That makes integrations and automation challenging since every time a regulation is introduced or modified, a form needs to be changed, which requires the software to be updated. It can be frustrating for users and software developers alike! We have a team that monitors for changes and implements software updates as fast as possible. We envision a day when Blue Moon integration rarely results in a bug. We're constantly working toward that goal. Thanks for your business! We love all of our friends at 1st Choice! Dennis Behrman | SVP of Marketing

GREATNESS

I prefer it, I love it, I recommend it to all.

Pros

Easy to use- you have more than one way to do all things for different learning patterns. Drill down features are amazing. Accounting side and Operation side work well with each other. Alot of the industry software has either a stronger front end or and amazing accounting. It is rare that you have a general good system on both sides.

Cons

Which experience a lot of glitches and I'm not sure if it due to all the integrations. We are always fixing links, " they are broken". I wish it had a lock like Yardi on it- Which does not allow the leasing team to move forwarded with out collecting information. Resman- the main tab does not all the rest, we have to go back and manually enter.

Resman Software

I use ResMan daily and overall it has been very helpful and easy to use. The customer support has been very helpful, and if I have had any questions or needed any help navigating the site, their customer support team have been great. I tend to use the chat option, and have always been able to get detailed instruction on how to solve any questions or issues I may have run into.

Pros

The ease of scanning invoices and paying them is a major plus. The ability to have the invoice stored in the system so if needed I can go to the vendor and view without having to search through my paper files is extremely helpful.

Cons

I do not like that when I post charges on the 25th of the month, and if for some reason need to change that charge or if it was posted in error, I cannot make the change until the 1st of the month. The wait list option in ResMan is of no use to me due to the fact that you cannot input a charge, we do a paid wait list. In order to post a charge and payment I have to input them as an Applicant.

ResMan is like no other software

I personally love ResMan because it has allowed me to increase efficiency and accuracy. I think it has saved the company a significant amount of money because without ResMan we would have had to hire many more people to complete the tasks that now are performed by two.

Pros

ResMan is designed to save you time and make sure that your entries are correct. I love that there is more than one way to complete an action (for example, to record an invoice you can click on the Invoice link on the bottom menu, or go to invoices from the top menu), and that there are checks in place that do not allow to save a transaction unless every cell has been completed correctly. I also like...

Cons

There was only one element that I did not like about ResMan and that was when every report displayed the ResMan logo in bright blue. The issue was addressed and the logo was removed within a short time.

ResMan Review

ResMan is overall very user friendly.

Pros

The feature I like most about this software is the texting capabilities. It allows us to reach our Resident at almost all times. I also like that ResMan typically integrates with other software easily.

Cons

The thing I like least about this software is it seems like when there is an update there is often a glitch or the software crashes. This can usually be fixed by restarting my computer but can be frustrating if you are in the middle of something.

Katelyn, Thank you for sharing your experience with ResMan. We agree the bi-directional SMS feature is great, especially when you need to keep track of resident communication in one place. I forwarded this feedback to our product team as well. We appreciate all feedback from our users. Thanks Again, Aaron Trujillo ResMan | Marketing Director

Great for Large Multifamily Property Managers

We used this software for about 6 months and switched. Onboarding was great. We were unique in that we had a lot of single-family properties and we had to make the software work for them but it was not meant for single-family and ultimately switched after 6 months.

Pros

The accounting function of this software was great. I was able to generate recurring bills monthly and automate many of monthly tasks. Onboarding was great, though costly, they had a great team get everything into their system and we had a great trainer come to our office and train the staff. No long term commitment, month to month pricing.

Cons

Even though it is not module based it is very similar to module-based software companies. You have to add the leasing vendor, a payment processor for tenants and collections integration. In all this software gets quite expensive very quickly. Not great software for commercial properties or single-family homes. They charge per property and cost starts to skyrocket.

Honest Review from Township Apts

I have been using Resman for over 4 years and it has changed so many things for us on the operations of our property. It is so user friendly and training for new members has been an easier process.

Pros

The ease of using the software make our daily operations easier. The search bar is one of my favorite buttons, as well as being able to correct mistakes easily on ledgers.

Cons

What i like the least, is that many times the is really slow to load, especially towards the end of the business day.

Karina, Thank you for your honest feedback. The quick search function is a lifesaver and we are glad to hear it is a favorite of yours. Thanks Again, Aaron Trujillo ResMan | Marketing Director

Resman Review Questions

This is the first time I've used this program in this industry so it's a difficult thing for me to compare.

Pros

For the most part, the program is user friendly. New employees are able to pick up basics fairly easily.

Cons

I truly don't like when we have to trouble shoot an issue. The help (?) icon rarely offers any support when ever I use it to research an issue. When I've had to call the customer service agent the help takes so long to get, so I don't want to even call.

ResMan is the right choice

From the very beginning of researching ResMan, implementing, and our ongoing usage, we have been very fortunate to have hands on availability to those that can help us with any question or issue that comes up. With online training and additional webinars, we have been able to onboard a new accounting manager and Property Manager in no time at all. We are extremely thrilled!

Pros

This is the easiest product to use. Coming from a non-multi housing background, but using programs like Yardi in my past for Commercial Real Estate, ResMan, without taking any training, is the most intuitive program. It has every report you could ever need, the integrations are seamless, and the navigations through screens is super easy.

Cons

On property teams struggle a bit with the ease of the software, as it is completely different from Yardi and Property Matrix programs but it really can do so much more. I'm sure 2 years in we still haven't used all the functionality offered to us at this point. Customer service was a little tough when you had a question in the beginning, but they have since moved to a new platform where you have a dedicated team and it works amazing.