All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Iris Works Reviews

Pros

Its super user friendly and I have enjoyed the way it has integrated with other programs that I already us.

Allie D.

Read the full review
It’s been great with keeping my business organized and helping me to provide my clients a better experience.

Alyssa T.

Read the full review
The owners offer amazing customer service as well. If you feel like you are all over the place with your business, this will help you to get organized and keep all items together in one spot.

ashley r.

Read the full review

Cons

Not sure where the problem is there with Iris or QB but I hate to use PayPal for invoicing so that's why integrate with QB.

Michelle H.

Read the full review
My only complaint at the moment is that you can't do a payment plan setup with invoices, but I think that is something they said they are working on.

Deirdre L.

Read the full review
At this time i can't think of anything i disliked about this software.

ashley r.

Read the full review

I love using Iris. I shopped around at Imaging USA and tried a few different ones out, but Iris won.

Way more streamlined studio management! Invoicing capability, scheduling, client forms, contracts, etc. Too many to remember.

Pros

It's ease of use. It is incredibly user friendly. I love that I can have client leads automatically entered into my client data base. It saves so much time. I love that they are always updating it and trying to improve it and make it even more amazing than it already is. Their customer support is also very good.

Cons

I wish that I could do partial payment options on invoices; that way I don't have to do a new invoice for payment plans, and could just send out a reminder email or something. I also wish they would have an app; I don't know why, but I feel like apps are easier to work with than websites on my phone or tablet, even though it is a responsive website.

Game Changer

Customer service is always fantastic. They’re always making improvements to the software AND adding new partners. Spend the money and take your business to the next level.

Pros

What’s not to like??? I couldn’t function without Iris!!! I can manage my shoot schedule, communications, online galleries & invoicing all in one place. It easily connects to my iCalendar, Shootproof, & Square! Email templates and automated workflows save me so much time.

Cons

The only downside is the initial set-up; it does take some time to get all the existing client information entered. That would be a downside to implementing any client management system, not just Iris.

I am ready to leave and go to another service.

Organization of my client information. Automated emails.

Pros

The way my client information is organized and accessible. I like the automated emails. I like the client questionnaires.

Cons

*No automated invoicing as part of the workflow. This seems like a no-brainer. If I want a studio software to do all the work for me- invoicing is part of that work! *The way that inquiries are displayed(hate that I have to "make them a client" in order to unbold them from the clients portal. Inquiries get lost because they are not marked as "answered" in the client portal. *I hate that I have to...

Hi Meghan - I'm sorry to hear your disappointment with our system and our capabilities. I'd like to address a few concerns. You are definitely able to modify a contract, and do not need to create a new workflow in order to send a contract. You can manually send a contract, modifying it before sending. I completely understand your concern and frustration with no automated invoicing. We are in the process of adding this capability. And lastly, the frustration you have with not being able to see all completed/not-completed questionnaires and contracts is a shared frustration. Our team is already mapping out a solution to this. I hope you'll give us a chance to address some of your concerns!

A must have for ANY photographer!

Bottom line, Iris Works saves me time! Once you get everything set up it makes servicing clients a breeze. That's important because I can focus more on creating and less on processes.

Pros

Iris Works takes the hassle out of many of the day to day operations for my business. I like being able to quickly enter clients, send them important information about setting up their shoot and how easy it is for clients to pick a date and book their shoot. Additionally - and most importantly - Iris Works EXCELS at providing stellar customer support and they are keen on listening to feedback and implementing improvements to their offering. Seriously, you simply can't go wrong by choosing Iris Works Software!

Cons

If I had to be picky, I'd say that their lead page could use a refresh and be more customizable. Also, applying more customization to forms and invoices overall.

I use Iris works for every session I book it makes my life so much easier!

less thinking more time for family and getting work done such as photographing and editing.

Pros

I like that I can keep information about my clients and that I can set it up so that it automatically reminds my clients of their sessions so that i don't have to and I have had less people not show up for their sessions. It makes it easy to keep track of things I need to get done for each session.

Cons

the only thing that I don't like is that there isnt an app or anything for it its all on a website I would love it that much more if It was directly on my desktop and phone and easier to access.

A GAME CHANGER!

Pros

This software is efficient and very well thought out. It is perfect for almost anyone in our opinion, specifically the everyday visual artist/photographer. We have used Iris-Works for over a year and wouldn't trade it for any other. Not to mention, the customer service is AMAZING.

Cons

No negatives. They're always updating and upgrading. Every time we write and give feedback they are so quick and efficient about rolling it out. Love it!

Everything with the use of Iris has been smooth with easy set up.

Pros

I love the automated email feature. Also, the to do list keeps my tasks in order. The customer service/staff is personable and friendly!

Cons

I would like to be able to send email campaigns to clients and track the opens/delivery/link clicks.

It has been a life saver.

It made my life much easier in getting clients started with each session.

Pros

It's very user friendly. It didn't take long for me to figure out how to set everything up and get started.

Cons

I really wish I could do invoicing a little differently. I have to create two invoices for everyone since I do a retainer and then the rest due a couple of days prior to session.

Iris has automated a ton of my typical workflow and helped me stay organized.

Organization and saving time through by automating my workflow.

Pros

I like how I can easily keep track of a workflow and communication for each of my clients. It's easy to use and saves me a bunch of time.

Cons

I really don't have too many complaints. I feel like it's a bit expensive, but not so much that it's not worth the time it saves me.

Managing studio made way easier.

I was happy using Iris Works. It made studio management really easy.

Pros

User friendly UI. Time saving really. Automated client leads saves up a lot of time. Constantly being updated and improved.

Cons

If there was an option to include a reminder email to invoices I think that would've been great. Website is not that great compared to the app.

I am a homeschooling mom of 5 and there is no way I could run my photography business without Iris!

IRIS allowed me to reclaim my sanity and time. I spent so much time worrying, and going over my lists, and scheduling reminders, and writing out emails... IRIS took all of that and automated/organized every bit of it, where I don't have to think about it at all. Choosing IRIS was the smartest thing I have done for the business side of my business period.

Pros

Iris allows me to stop stressing about something falling through the cracks. With so many balls in the air, I was constantly worrying about forgetting things or making a mistake. Between the automated workflows that gives me confidence that all of my emails are going out on time, the to do list items, so I know I didn't forget a deadline, to the templates that save me so much time! I love that the...

Helpful for the Part Time Photographer

I have more time to focus on my growth as a photographer, I can scout new locations, gather information on a potential client, send simple reminders, and even quicker "thank you - emails". I have the ability to be more professional with my clients, without sacrificing time with my family. Iris Works has allowed me to stay part time, while still being professional and to book the clients I have always wanted.

Pros

This software allows me to have a running to-do list and send contracts, and invoices with ease. Before I was creating and sending (and often making mistakes due to rushing) after my full time job as a teacher. Now, with the help of templates I can book brides, seniors, newborns with a few clicks. Also, when I first toyed with the idea of using this software I wanted to see how my clients would interact with it first. So during my time at The Reset Conference the gentleman working the booth for Iris made a fake account and let me see emails, invoices and questionnaires as if I were the client. I was sold!

Cons

Moving into a new system is hard. I found myself staying up late for about 2 weeks, during my offseason and making templates, workflows, and just getting my "studio" ready. This took time, but was so worth it in the end. I also still with the invoices would let us require partial payments (much like PayPal) but I have been told they are working on it.

I have been Iris Works to keep my clients and sessions organized for over 2 years now.

Keeping my clients and schedule organized.

Pros

I like being able to create client profiles, and being able to add notes for each session as well as be able to look at that client's history. I really enjoy the ability to attach a form and contract to emails for my clients and keeping those on file as well.

Cons

There has been a couple features missing to make my workflow more efficient that I have made requests for with Iris Works and they haven't been created it. My biggest drawback is not being able to access my client through the calendar. For instance - when I click on a session I can see my client's name but to access that client's profile I have to leave my calendar to the client section and search that client to see additional information such as the form my client filled out for that session. I would like to be able to click on a session from the calendar and access that information more efficiently - especially for the days I have multiple clients.

Exceptional customer service. There are a few things I would improve on.

Client notes and email automation. I think it would be extremely beneficial if they had one on one with someone that shoots what you shoot when you do set it up because it can be confusing. The videos do help, but they aren't specific for certain photographers. I only accept 4-8 newborn sessions a month and when I go to book a client I have to put their due date in as a tentative holding spot and then move it around when we book the session.

Pros

I love that it offers automated emails and the client notes are very handy! The customer service is exceptional and I can't say enough about that.

Cons

However, I wish there was a way to make a custom invoice for gift cards or other things that aren't on the "menu". I wish there was a way you could send reminders every 24-48 hours if they don't pay/read the emails/fill out the questionnaires. I also have had issues with it hiding in my client's spam folders so I always have to mention that it's coming from my client portal and then they ask me what the email it will be coming from and it can be a bit of a hassle. I wish there was a way to set up a payment plan or allow a partial payment as well.

Easy to Use Studio Management Software

Love keeping my clients all in once spot and organized. It helps me know what is coming up on my dashboard. I use it for my invoices and they are processed through Square! That is so nice and makes that process very streamlined for me.

Pros

Iris Works was so easy to set up and start using right away. I use it to track my clients information, invoices, products and schedule. I love that you can send attachments, contracts and invoices to my clients. I can set up email templates and then go back and use it again and again. Love the value!

Cons

I wish the lead default did not pop up when I go to my clients...I wish it showed only my active clients right away. I also wish it had a wall display configuration, but for the ease of use and set up there is a wonderful value. I wish it also had a place to put expenses so you can track both income and expenses. Right now, it is income only, but it does integrate with Quickbooks.

I love using Iris Works for my photography business, I don't know what I would do without it!

Pros

I love the layout of the software, and the client management system is perfectly suited for my medium-volume studio. It's great to be able to have automated emails, invoicing, calendar, and client info all in one place. I also love that it syncs with Shootoroof, PayPal and Square, and my google calendar.

Cons

It really, really drives me crazy that I can't schedule invoices or create recording payments. About half of my clients are on payment plans, so I have to use either Square or PayPal invoicing to schedule future invoicing, it's messy and confusing and screws up the accounting feature on Iris works. That's my one real complaint, however. I think there's room for improvement in terms of design options for email (correctly very limited, I can't customize to look like the rest of my marketing) and it would be nice to not have to create an email template on a separate screen when scheduling automated emails, but those are minor annoyances. PLEASE FIX INVOICE SCHEDULING!!!

Time saver and business organizer!

Pros

There are many features that I love about Iris however, my three favorites are the scheduled emails! I love knowing that my clients will get the email reminders prior to their session. I can schedule Multiple emails to go out at various different times to get them thinking, planning and getting ready for their session. I also love the customizable questioner that you can send to your clients- I love how it keeps them organized with the client so I can see when and if they have completed them. Lastly, I love the adding attachments feature to the custom emails! Makes it very professional and concise!

Cons

I wish there was a scheduling calendar option that clients to see what availability I have, then book on that!

This makes my life so much easier!

Pros

The exceptional customer service is what really sold me on the software. Anytime you start working wiht something new - there is a learning curve. The people at Iris Works are always available, helpful and super friendly when one needs help. The speed at which a request for an option was put into reality was mind-boggling. I always recommend this software whenever a colleague is asking for studio management software. Everything is together, invoicing, contracts, contacts, questionnaires. And it's so easy to use.

Cons

I still have to search for items like my billing cycle or the last invoice from Iris works to me, when does my contract expire.... When I find it - I understand why it is where it is, I just have trouble finding it in the first place. I guess because I don't need it very often.... ;-)

Decent enough but much room for improvement.

It helps me keep my business organized better than I could alone, but I am definitely considering switching to a different program like ShootQ

Pros

Contracts and invoices - I enjoy the ease of sending clients contracts and invoices. Being able to accept payments through Stripe and PayPal makes life easy.

Cons

The organization of this program is not intuitive at all. The menu across the top is disorganized in itself like "locations" would be as important as a dedicated menu header as "clients". A menu to the side with the main part of the window being your workspace or "dashboard" would be much cleaner. Clients - a giant, seemingly neverending list of clients is useless. I can search them by name, but...

Iris Works Review

It has been a great experience and there customer service is excellent.

Pros

I loved how the company transferred my clients data into their system for me. They have an easy to use platform and it allows you choose what type of sessions you offer in a customized look. It has good customizable email templates and makes them look very professional, which saves time.

Cons

That the contact page does not allow you to require a phone number. It also is not trackable by google ads or google analytics. I also wish they had an app for you phone as well.

Great client management system

Overall my experience with Iris Works has been very positive! It has made contacting clients so much easier with the automated workflow systems and I get contracts back from my clients so much faster than emailing them a .pdf! They all love that they can e-sign on their phone. I think it makes me look much more professional.

Pros

Iris is super easy to use and good value for what you pay. I like that all of the automatic emails and workflows are customizable. The automated email system works great and saves me so much time!

Cons

I wish that the system came with a more mobile-friendly app. I like that I can access my online account on my phone, but it can be cumbersome to use and I think if there was an app specifically designed for using on your mobile phone it would make using the system on my mobile phone so much easier.

Overall very good

Pros

The product was a game changer for me when I was switching for the first time to a CMS, helps alleviate loads of otherwise time taking tasks.

Cons

As I've used it for a long time now it's not growing with me as I'd like it too. I find that I am using Evernote and Trello and Calendy AND Iris when I'd like to be just using one platform to manage my clients. The hardest things for me are non-customizable things, such as specific timing on items, as well as actual task lists and due dates that are managable. Plus I find it's only usable on a computer - would love to be able to access it more redily on my phone.

Overall I am happy with the application.

Automation and CRM plus invoicing

Pros

I love the integration with shootproof and that it allows me to automate my workflows and receive payments on invoices. I also love that the people behind Iris Works are always working on improvements based on its clients feedback and most requested features so there is always new features being added and no additional cost.

Cons

There are some features that are off to a great start but lacking in robust-ness. For example the calendar integrates with ical or google calendar but there is no ability to create availability and do automated appointment scheduling. It also doesnt allow you to categorize or group email templates so it can be hard to find what you want when its just a random list.

Helped Scale Our Business

Overall, we've renewed our subscription and will continue to use Iris Works.

Pros

Iris Works allowed us to bring up our level of professionalism while simultaneously simplifying everything.

Cons

One time, Iris-Works had a glitch and would not load. I tried to contact them to see how long it would take to get the program up and running, but I had trouble reaching anyone by phone/email. It was pretty time sensitive because the program contained all of our couple's contracts and contact information. It was a good reminder to diligently back everything up.

Can't imagine my business without it!

Signing up with Iris Works is like hiring an office assistant for less than $30 a month. It does my scheduling, my emails, my reminders, my thank yous, my invoices, my contracts, keeps all my client data organized, etc. Saves me a good 6 hours of work each week. I can't imagine my business without it now!

Pros

It's such a time saver and it keeps me organized! My clients appreciate the prompt and reliable communication from the automated emails.

Cons

It's ALMOST fully customizable. Almost, but not quite. If it were fully customizable to my own personal needs, I would have zero complaints at all!

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.