SalonBiz Logo
SalonBiz

SalonBiz empowers your business to thrive, impress and conne

visit website

SalonBiz Reviews

4.0

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend7.25/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

I HAVE NOTHING BUT LOVE for PEOPLE BEHIND SalonBiz. I have never meet any of them face to face but everyone that I have every encountered has been WONDERFUL.
My overall experience has been great, I love that I am able to book my clients and suites with ease.
You call them and they cant fix it. They have awful customer suport.

Cosmetics, 51-200 employees

Great Salon Product- but must have patience

We stay really organized. There are a lot of great features like being able to put a clients birthday in their file.

Pros

I love the format of the program. It’s easy to learn how to use and there a lot of great features to help your salon run smoothly.

Cons

Technical support is a joke. Half the time SalonBiz tech supports blame issues on internet or Aveda Pure Privilege

We love hearing feedback like yours. SalonBiz is all about helping you easily manage salons operations.:) Our software and team improve when we work together, we¿d love the opportunity to discuss your interaction with our team, I invite you to reach out to me personally. I hope to hear from you soon. Best!

KT

Kevin T.

Consumer Services, self-employed

Salon / Spa Biz

I’d 100% recommend this to a salon or spa that has hourly and commission service providers. It’s not for smaller fledgling establishments.

Pros

It’s an all in one software that literally allows you to setup, run and manage your salon / spa. The most comprehensive of them out there.

Cons

With it being so comprehensive, I found that it was quite a bit of overkill for me, a suite renter with no employees. That being said, their smallest subscription is for 3 users. And it’s on the costly side.

ER

Elizabeth R.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Review of changes & upgrades of Salon Biz

Pros

integrates with AVEDA reports and supports the functions in our business

Cons

recent upgrades have been hard to navigate & system runs slow or crashes

cp

connie p.

Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 employees

Ultimate Salon

Overall it is great, I would not use anything else! We all went through a great deal last year and we have not recovered completely, it will take time to be what we were and know where we are all going...

Pros

It was easy to learn and use. They are innovative and directly aligned with Aveda which helps me as an Aveda Salon. They stay on top of the industry needs and provide us with good service on how to use the software.

Cons

Not alway impressed with the customer support. Wait times can be extremely lengthy and not always helpful. I feel the new updates from enterprise to central are not delivered consistently and at times not on the spot. Do not get me wrong, I love Salon Biz, I just feel at times they need to be more consistent with support

LC

Lauren C.

Our experience is great having customer support at our finger tips 24/7!

Pros

Mobility- We are able to take care of clients in a more mobile fashion in this fast paced world we live in. I pads and phones can be used in salon and out of the salon to take care of client and staff needs. Unity- We are able to unify our staff and client data base so if a client visits more than one location we can still give our staff commissions and the clients file can easily be viewed to look...

Cons

Reports in general are overwhelming & not productive time wise- Being able to find what you are looking for without going to several different reports and having to export and sort is time consuming. Finding service provider benchmarks all in one report would be nice. It becomes confusing for the staff to know where to look to reach their goals when having to go to several places to find out how they...

Hi Lauren. We love to hear to hear feedback like this! Especially where we can make improvements. It seems as though no two salons are alike when it comes to benchmarking so we¿re working on something we feel could make everyone happy. We¿ll fill you in soon.

NC

Naomi C.

Pretty Good and User Friendly

My overall experience wasn't too bad but there were times we had software issues but overall customer service was there to help when those issues occurred

Pros

It was very easy to explain to new team members. The software was easy to navigate once you got he hang of how to use it.

Cons

It was a little glitchy and sometimes we would have to contact customer care to handle the issue, once we contacted them they were proceed with how to fix the technical issue. It did happen on a consistent basis.

RS

Rebecca S.

Rebecca

Pros

Accessibility is nice to have when looking at schedules.

Cons

Freezes a lot and times out when your in the middle of doing something, does not save it. It is hard to get a hold of technician support.

JM

Jessica M.

SalonBiz Review

There are definite pros and cons. When it's working properly, it's great! But it seems like the amount of time it works properly continues to decrease.

Pros

One of the main benefits of this software is that it integrates with Aveda, the product line we use.

Cons

We have technical problems with the software at least once a week. Their customer support team is very helpful, but the frequency in which we have to contact them is pretty ridiculous. They have been transitioning from an older version, Enterprise, to the current version, Central and there have been a lot of issues during this upgrade.

Outdated Salon Software

I've been working with SalonBiz on and off for almost ten years. Although it's easy to use it is definitely time for an update.

Pros

SalonBiz is easy to use, once you know what you're doing...

Cons

It is very outdated, definitely could use a facelift to make use and appearance easier.

Hi! Thanks for your feedback. Our team has been working on updating the core software, in fact, we are in the process of releasing a new web based appointment book. I¿d love the opportunity to connect to ensure you are using the most up to date version and that you are taking advantage of all newer features like custom email templates, online booking, the Stylist App, our iPad app and Pocket Salon for your guests. Give us a call at your convenience (888)809-2802.

Lindsey F.

We have had a wonderful overall experience with Spabiz since day 1.

Pros

The software is extremely user friendly and easy to navigate. Support with technical questions, reporting, etc...is always top notch.

Cons

It would be nice to have more customizing options. Altering standings vs deleting all and starting over. Email and text communications with guests outside of just confirmations.

Hi Lindsey! Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. It¿s great ideas like yours fuel our future development. We have a brand new texting feature using artificial intelligence we are certain that your guests will love. Can¿t wait to share with you, speak with you soon!

HV

Hlee V.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

SalonBiz upgrades have made booking a breeze!

Great! I'd recommend Salonbiz to any spa. The new features with Central are pretty much up to date and makes it easier to train someone to work the desk, even if just for a day. Inventory is a category I've yet to master as I switch back between Backoffice and Central frequently. Booking features are pretty simple and the smart features include is definitely an awesome touch!

Pros

The booking software is easy to navigate (even for those not so tech-savy). Drag and drop feature is a game changer!

Cons

Central is quite easy to navigate overall. With all the different tabs and/or categories available on the left hand side, although it doesn't happen often, I tend to get lost with where I need to go to find a feature. I could see where this may be troubling for someone new trying to understand where all features are located. In addition, I feel blocking the schedule has gotten easier. However, I've stumbled across some hiccups when blocking the day, multiple staffs or blocking a block of a day if I'm not currently on that exact same day.

CB

Cherese B.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Pretty good with a bit of room for improvement

In the beginning it was great and now it’s like pulling teeth to get help and lately when we do get help, we’re made to feel like an inconvenience for asking questions. To the point I’ve shopped your competitors

Pros

It syncs with Aveda and fairly easy to use and teach new users

Cons

The online booking feature connected to my website needs improvement, messages from clients can’t be responded to, app login is sloppy for client, reports are almost like enterprise but not quite the same

AT

April T.

SalonBiz Review

Love the marketing/ online booking/ confirmation/ reminder features. Their compatibility with Aveda and partnerships with Listen 360 and other companies.

Pros

Salon biz really is customized to work well in the salon. I love that it is a live software that is constantly being updated. I appreciate that many of the support team that we talk with come from the salon industry and therefore know our experiences. The product works, and if it doesn't, they hear us and are willing to work on making it better.

Cons

1. features not working in Canada 2. becoming a bit of a # (having to re-explain my situation every time I call in or email) 3. launches of new features not working/ not coming/ delaying/ crashing

JE

Jane E.

Individual & Family Services, 1-10 employees

LOVE SalonBiz!

I HAVE NOTHING BUT LOVE for PEOPLE BEHIND SalonBiz! I have never meet any of them face to face but everyone that I have every encountered has been WONDERFUL!

Pros

The CUSTOMER SERVICE/SUPPORT is the BEST hands down! Whenever I have an issue personally with something or not remembering how to do something they never fail to BE KIND, UNDERSTANDING, PATIENCE, EASY TO UNDERSTAND AND COMMUNICATE WITH and that is just a little of what I LOVE about SalonBiz

Cons

That it is a computer program...I am 58 and not very computer savvy but SalonBiz has been so easy for me and the stylist, I wonder why we did not start using it earlier than we did

KS

Kim S.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Salon + Spa user

Very good! Support is excellant

Pros

I LOVE the integration with Aveda, Aveda+ Rewards!

Cons

Lots of clicking to make an appointment and close a sale. I find the inventory entry easy, quick and user friendlier than other software I have used. I wish there was an option to enter several products together in the same family instead of single entry.

jg

joy g.

Cosmetics, 1-10 employees

Be Cherished Salon

I appreciate the customer service. sometimes it is a challenge to get through or if we have issues during non salonbiz hours we are in a bind. Especially being on the West Coast!

Pros

i like that it is integrated with AVEDA for the products and ordering. it makes our world of business so much easier

Cons

i dont like how the reports print when exported. They tend to cut off the end of the page or it is too small to read. We have the same issues when we print the travelers. I understand the idea is to save paper but there are times we have to print them and it is extremely frustrating. on the old desk top salon biz we did NOT have these issues

MM

Marie M.

excellent! The different tools and features make it easy to run your business and track growth

Pros

My favorite is the software is forever evolving! When I first started as a manager it was a simple software that pulls numbers. NOW...SalonBiz has not only a stylist app but also an app for our guests to elevate their experience. SalonBiz is on trend and we all thrive to live on trend!

Cons

My least favorite would be the visuals. The software looks a little dated but it's not there for looks; it's there for functionality. You can find the visuals in the apps which to me is most important!

SB

Sarah B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Not user friendly

Pros

The reports that you are able to run. There are several ways to track your business.

Cons

Takes a long time to do anything. It's not user friendly and seems to slow down the entire reception process. I find that we aren't able to focus on customer service because were too busy trying to work SalonBiz. I've used software like Millenium, Vagaro and Booker and SalonBiz is by far the worst and most difficult to use. There are so many steps to do a simple task.

AE

Aurora E.

Consumer Services, 51-200 employees

Withstanding the test of time

Pros

Reliable, multi-functional software. A great solution to booking needs for a variety of salons.

Cons

The aesthetics are a little retro on the version we have currently (not sure if it's updated in later versions of the software). Otherwise, there are currently no complaints.

Thanks Aurora! We appreciate your feedback. There are some new changes to the interface that will be released throughout 2019. Be sure to sign up for our blog posts so you¿re kept in the know about the releases. Happy New Year!

SH

Sharon H.

Quality Performance

SalonBiz is overall great to work with, it regularly performs a variety of essential functions and is user friendly. This system stores customer notes and data easily, and even has an app to make info accessible on the go.

Pros

Very user friendly, customer support is helpful, multi-functional, effecient

Cons

Moving appointments is difficult and multi-stepped, should work better

Hi Sharon - We are constantly working to improve our system based on great feedback like yours. Thank You!

SG

Stephanie G.

Oliver’s hair salon

Support is excellent. The apps can use some work but I know those are changes that are being made, overall I love using SalonBiz for our salon.

Pros

SalonBiz is very user friendly, I appreciate the support and knowledge that everyone has when I am needed assistance.

Cons

Apps are needing work, those are being worked on.

Allison P.

Restaurants, 11-50 employees

Not terrible but not the best

Overall it is a good software to use with it's different pros and cons. I like that it is an easy system to learn and easy screens to navigate through.

Pros

It is easy to navigate through the software and the picture icons are a nice bonus. If you don't know what the icon means just hover your mouse over it and it says the name of the icon/what or does. I personally think that is helpful as pictures are easier on the eyes.

Cons

Does not allow you to move appointments around with ease as I normally have to go out of the appointment and then go back in to edit it again. You are also no longer able to call salonbiz and have them reopen it when there is a ticket error. Therefore, it should allow us to edit tickets right away without having to contact someone.

NS

Natasha S.

Cosmetics, 1-10 employees

Salon Biz Makes Running My Spa Easy

I enjoy using SalonBiz and will continue to use it. I do still feel the price is a tad high but as stated above if you can fit it in your budget as a small business owner I highly reccommend.

Pros

Easy to navigate. Organizated client base with appointments and reminders. Its mobile so you can check on your business while you're running errands. Helps me understand my expenses better.

Cons

The price is quite high but its worth it if you're able to squeeze in your budget.

LH

Lynn H.

Cosmetics, 51-200 employees

Keeps me on track

SalonBiz has help me stay on top of my day, and maintain a productive schedule by seeing everything at a glance, and being able to update notes for each client, I never have to wonder "what did we do last time"...

Pros

I love the ability to color code my appointments, and personalize notes for each client.

Cons

I didn't have anything that I disliked about the software.

Brianna L.

Security and Investigations, 501-1,000 employees

SalonBiz

Pros

I like that I am able to book appointments with clients, as well as find a suite if I am out of town and need a place to work.

Cons

I dislike nothing about the software it has helped me for over 2+ years now and I have not had any issues.