ConnectWise Sell Reviews

Review Summary

Pros

The interface to distribution is good, real time on hand, pricing works great. Administration capability is strong.

Ken S.

Read the full review
Sell is a wonderful addition to our quoting process. Our customers love it too.

Janet R.

Read the full review
I like that it's linked to ConnectWise manage, and it automatically created an opportunity and updates it if you update the quote in ConnectWise Sell.

Alexa C.

Read the full review

Cons

The product screens are vague they do not mirror the connectwise product screens. Which can make it difficult to work with.

Chris L.

Tommy B.

Garry A.

4.1

Sell

I have been using Sell for almost 3 years

Pros

It is web-based so you can use it wherever you are at. The design is intuitive and easy to learn, yet complex enough to do very customizable things. It integrates with leasing providers (e.g. Great America) so you can include leasing options. You can create a quote template for common items quote out, this saves A LOT of time! I love this feature.

Cons

I could never get a Dell quote to import. It might be a training issue, but it would save a lot more time if this feature worked better.

It has made providing quotes easier.

Speed of quotes on a very complex product of WIFI networks for hotels based on construction types and brand standards for acceptable WIFI.

Pros

I like how customers can sign and pay online. However, the signing process is confusing for customers on the steps of what to fill next so the transaction is successful. I sometimes have to guide the customer, because there are no clear Step 1, Step 2, etc., guides.

Cons

I hate the process to make and use template messaging for my quotes. I want a real library of click-easy template messaging I can select after I publish the quote. Also, I find it soooooo frustrating to have an error in Quosal, but will not tell the cause!!! For example, our ConnectWise Admin selected some products to make inactive. The unit sold was the same but the parts to build it where changing. It would have been nice to have Quosal tell us why the mysterious error. This wasted a lot of valuable time.

Better Options - Avoid

Just like another reviewer i had to purchase $1200 worth of training along with a $200 monthly payment. Essentially i paid $400 a month for the first year. The trainers were friendly but the training was confusing. After the training your on your own, i had and still do have many problems but i have pretty much given up on this product. There are much better options out there. I would recommend avoiding this product unless you have a dedicated development team that can help you customize it and repair it when it breaks.

Pros

Finished product looks nice. Ability to integrate credit cards into a quote.

Cons

Tech support after the training is horrible, seconds to get a auto response and days to get a human being to talk to you. Every time i did get someone to talk to me they acted like they were doing me a favor, then after a few calls i was told i needed to purchase more training to help me with me product needs which were VERY basic. Im still using Quosal and doubt ill be able to get any money back...

It's ebbed and flowed.. the things that work are great, the things that don't, well, aren't.

The Dell import tool is probably my favorite (when it works - it's spotty). That's definitely been a time saver.

Pros

Presentation. We get comments all the time about how great our quotes look. Definitely an improvement from our last quoting tool.

Cons

It's not very user friendly, not very intuitive, it's hard to import pricing catalogs (mostly because it's hard to get that information from vendors who don't have the integration), the user restrictions aren't what I think they should be, there are a lot of things we should be able to customize on our own that we can't (so we incur extra costs), etc.

Building Quotes made not so simple

It works fairly well for what it is supposed to accomplish.

Pros

With CWSell formerly Quosal , you have templates to choose from when formatting your quotes, this make building simple quotes easy.

Cons

Complex quotes with complex pricing structures needing complex visual display is nearly impossible and extremely time consuming. I had to call another company who was a code specialist who had an integration with our instance to help me fix a issue. Customer server for CW Sell is tier 1 only - If you want to make any basic changes to the function you have to pay extra. For reference , the issue took 5 min for the person whom didnt work for CW to fix. CW wanted to charge us to fix it.

Overall, this works well for us. We've had this in place for about 3-4 years now.

Ability to get quick approvals through online approvals.

Pros

I like the etilize feature to pull in product and descriptions from distributors, as well as the quote format and the ability to approve online.

Cons

It seems like I get a lot of random glitches, where the page needs to reload or I get errors, etc. Also, there seems to be a lot of steps/boxes to make sure that are set properly. This can be confusing and frustrating to a user that is new to the software. Sometimes I also have issues with customer comments showing up, etc.

Sell, sell, sell

Pros

We used to host in country and have since moved to their hosted version on Azure. We have multiple templates that we've customized, dependent on service and partner we use. Tracking is very easy and we can get accurate reporting, if used correctly by the end users. With the clients not having to print any documents, the sales cycle is also closed a lot quicker. The integration is great with ConnecWise Manage

Cons

Initial setup is quite difficult, especially with customization. End user input is critical for accurate reporting. Not good as a stand alone option, so quite pricey when taking the complete ConnectWise package.

Great system with a lot of features

Pros

We use ConnectWise to integrate with our NetSuite business system. The system allows us to add important information to our quotations and give them an extremely professional look than we would get with our business system.

Cons

The only thing I did not like was that there are updates made to the product and we aren't always notified of the changes.

Leader in the industry. Connectwise Sell has all the features you need for MSP Sales.

Connectwise Sell allows us to build and manage quotes online without having to be in the office. It has all the same realtime features as the other major player in the market (Quotewerks) and with tight integration into the Connectwise ecosystem it's a no-brainer for existing Connectwise customers.

Pros

Tight integration with Connectwise and Real-time lookups for pricing and product availability make Connectwise Sell very powerful. The entire platform is web-based so you can access it from anywhere making the quoting process seamless and easy no matter where you're working from. It's just as effective from Starbucks as it is from your office.

Cons

The UI is a bit outdated. Some of the features are a little hidden in the UI and unless you know where they are at it can take some getting used to. Currently there is a problem with back-end connectivity resetting causing you to lose your work. Be sure to save often because it happens several times throughout the day and can get very frustrating.

Sell saves so much time!

Pros

TIme saved, ease of use, and professional looking quote that are consistant.

Cons

Take a while to come up to speed, also take time to get your inventory items to where they need to be for quotes. Once this is done, you of off to the races.

Great Features and (with effort) a streamlined sales experience

Streamlined Sales Process, better knowledge of client interest. 24 hour sales approval process. Automation.

Pros

The Web-based solution enables us to quote from anywhere, and collaborate more easily than a filesystem based solution.

Cons

Marketing for ConnectWiseSell... I wish we could simply have a masked URL so that we could send out sell.ourdomainname.com for quotes. I don't need or want competitors and clients to see which quoting package I use. Customizing reports / forms / layouts requires a PhD and or an hourly engagement with Quosal / Sell...

Phenomenal tool - excellent people - quality solution

I have been in the industry for 30 years. The work, thoughtfulness and technical strength of the Quosal team is unparalleled. This solution has made a massive difference in my business - and I am so appreciative for everything that they have done and continue to do in order to support our efforts. There is no solution that even closely mirrors this one.

Pros

Consistency and predictability of quote and proposal creation and delivery

Great product.

Streamlined our sales process completely

Pros

We could not do business without ConnectWise Sell. We love the workflow aspect and integration with ConnectWise sales orders and procurement.

Cons

The Achieve area is useless for us. I would much prefer to be able to customize the notifications are with the notifications that are important to us.

Sell is my homepage

I’d like to see an expansion to the trophies/achievements area. I’m capped at 600! Also, I find myself struggling within the fields if it’s a large quote with a lot of products. The quote takes some time to upload and changes don’t always save on the fly.

Pros

It’s super easy to use Love manage integration

Cons

The glitches from time to time. Random updates

Great quoting software

Sending multiple quotes out

Pros

Beautiful easy to use web based interface, integrates with other systems. Overall very happy with the product.

Cons

New company has rebranded it and slowed down development. Unable to easily customize quoting forms/templates, does not support fixed price proposals.

Connectwise is the rising star of professional services automation and management tools.

Pros

flexible and customizable, integration with sales process beginning to take off, support is excellent

Cons

Sales integration is horrible. This tool could be the best thing since sliced bread if you get that working. I would be happy to be contacted to help with more input on that.

Quosal is great

I use sell in the browser on Mac and iPad, its pretty good, there are something that would be nice better subtotals for instance on tabs like I can't see the total cost, margin, net for the hardware tab, which will be different than the service tab

Pros

Quotes and order porter are great

Cons

A bit clunky to use sometimes. Has issues on iOS.

ConnectWise Sell has changed the way we deliver proposals

Standardized our proposals. Stopped low margin deals. Helped us automate approval process.

Pros

We now have standardized proposals with up to date pricing and current T&Cs. We no longer worry about custom contracts floating around out there with conditions we all forget about until the client reminds us.

Cons

Complex to setup but given what it does and how powerful it is, totally worth it. Once we got it configured it was easier to use.

Once I got over the high learning curve, I found a product in SELL that has transformed our business

Pros

I really enjoy how it integrates well with ConnectWise Manage on a mostly one-to-one basis. Opportunities in Manage can be converted directly to quotes, retaining all the most relevant customer data and information!

Cons

You wouldn't think so just by glancing at it but the learning curve is steep and it really puts off a lot of our employees at first when they initially gain access to the program.

Quosal Review

Not a bad product though we would prefer the Support Staff have the ability to remote in or CALL in order to better diagnose issues. The QUOTE button on the Opp page still does not work, FYI. :)

Pros

It's integration with ConnectWise

Cons

Difficulty of creating new Templates as it relates to customization. Quote Forms are not end user friendly

Hi, Nick. Thanks for the valuable feedback. We will make sure to pass it on to the appropriate teams so we can continue to improve and better serve you.

Quick response to my question

Tracking Customer service and sales. Quoting products and services for New and Existing Dental Offices.

Pros

I am able to navigate easily through the system and connect my tasks to my time entries and updates.

Cons

The software can be slow in response at times. Could updates be done after hours? Friday is our slowest day of the week so after 3:00 pm would be the best time for us.

Strong Platform

We used to create quotes from scratch using MS Word. Since we have moved to Quosal and created custom templates, our productivity has reached new levels. We can quote common products in a matter of minutes which also have accurate pricing. There is some to be desired but it's clear to us that the Quosal team is dedicated to progressing the product.

Pros

Ease of Use, Templates are very flexible

Cons

Errors we encounter are difficult to understand.

Been using the software for years, love the integrations

We sell more product for sure, making it easy to send and get quotes approved. Love the features and tight integration with connectwise and our vendors

Pros

The Etilize feature that shows me pricing from multiple vendors and pulls photos and descriptions of products, the order porter online approval and notifications when clients look at a quote

Cons

a bit expensive compared to Quoteworks. Wish I could still have an on-prem version because hosted stuff always costs more.

Hard to get set up and tuned, but works pretty well

Pros

Cons

The interface to CW Manage is klunky. Adjusting the Quote form is very difficult and requires consulting. Every change is a difficult thing

Quosal AKA Sell has changed how our company operates in profound ways and improved our bottom line .

Easy, flexible, and fancy looking quote delivery to clients

Pros

I like the ease at which you can create forms to send to customers. The template and PDF presentations are a big hit with our clients!

Cons

The learning curve is steep and not as user friendly or intuitive as I think it should be. Once you learn your way around it, it feels quite powerful but I wish early on it was more clear how to utilize certain features.