Shippo Logo
Shippo

The leading multi-carrier e-commerce shipping platform

visit website

Shippo Reviews

User ratings

4.9

• Likelihood to recommend9.52/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

I like how user friendly it is. I love that I can pick from several different carriers. I also enjoy if my weight or height is slightly off my package still ships and my account is adjusted.

ks

katie s.

When I needed technical help, someone was always available to help resolve any issues I had. I highly recommend Shippo.

TM

Thomas M.

Shippo has really nice people to talk with over the phone to help with any questions. I am very happy with the product and how easily it works.

CH

Carol H.

There is no documentation that explains this so there was time lost trying to make it work the way I thought it should work.

HW

Harry W.

The only time I had an issue with the software, was when an International Buyer neglected to add a phone number in their account. This made it difficult to add the number after the fact, on Shippo.

RL

Rachel L.

I think the only thing that is challenging is if you cancel a shipping label. It was hard to figure out where the refund was pending.

DS

+ 12

Pirate Ship

Shopify-logocaret
+ 2
How would you rate Shippo?

RD

Racheal D.

Owner/CEO

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Better Customer Experience with easy to use Shippo!

Transcript

Rachael: Hi, I'm Racheal and I am the CEO and owner of a health and wellness company. I give Shippo a...

Forget the others... Shippo is my go to!

Transcript

Cameron S: My name's Cameron and I'm the co-founder of a e-commerce business and I give Shippo a five...

Great Shipping Solution

Pros

I like that Shippo is easy to integrate with e-commerce sites like eBay and Etsy. I sell vinyl decals on both sites and it is very easy to sync unfulfilled orders. The software imports the customer's address perfectly and does an address verification before you purchase the shipping label. After the label is printed, the software automatically notifies the e-commerce site that the order has been shipped and posts the tracking number for the customer to view. This has been a huge time saver for me.

Cons

The software works very well for me and I have not found any cons to it.

Shippo is a 5 Star for me. Easy of use, Record keeping of previous orders and very inexpensive.

Its Friendly, Cheap, very easy to use and I think its the best for every business out there. Also All orders are in one spot. You can easily track, monitor or modify orders or tracking details

Pros

Easy to use. Anyone can basically key in customer info to creating a return label and even choosing the available shipping rates. What I also love is that, it is prepare service too. I am not too sure on this, but I get charges after my orders have been delivered to my customers

Cons

I haven't experienced any negatives with shippo as of now, since my 2 years of using their services.

Feeling neutral

Shippo is good & would likely give me the same results overall that I'm getting with my current shipping software.

Pros

The rates for shipping are good - the same as what I've come to expect with the other software that I use.

Cons

I use an alternative shipping software & wanted to try Shippo to see if there was a reason to switch. I found the rates on both were equivalent, but I was used to using the other software. Shippo is a little less user-friendly, so I did not make the switch.

Customer Service Problems!

Customer service is not capable of handling basic problems. Shippo "accidentally" reused a USPS tracking number too soon. So old data was still present on the current label. It's been 4 days and they haven't been able to do anything at all. They haven't offered a refund, to assist with insurance. It's clear they don't know what to do. They actually said at one point, "we're not responsible" even though...

Pros

Unfortunately I don't have anything positive to say about this software.

Cons

Customer service is difficult to reach and not knowledgeable.

Easy as Shipping!

Pros

I have my Godaddy account connected to my Shippo account, so that the process of shipping, labeling, and organizing are all made easy. It is very easy to use, and understand, and the options of what you can use shippo for are limitless! My business is starting to grow more, so my needs are changing, and that is how I discovered that Shippo offers more, such as branding your logo onto the shipping label! Oh Boy!!!!!!!

Cons

I really enjoy using Shippo, it eliminating problems I previously had to solve on my own! Due to that, I do not have any issues with this software, thus far!

I heart Shippo

Pros

Shippo was recommended to me by a trusted friend and business associate, and it did not disappoint. It simply does everything I need, efficiently and easily. The ability to save frequently-used package sizes/weights is such a big time-saver. I've recommended Shippo to many people since I started using it.

Cons

Every once in a while I have difficulty entering weight and/or dimensions for a custom-size package, but really this could easily be user error rather than a fault in the software.

GoShippo for Home Based Business

I can schedule a pickup from my front door!! Since the pandemic broke out, it has saved lots of time and headaches!! It is straight forward easy to maneuver and saves so much time and money from having to stand in line at the post office.

Pros

GoShippo is a must have for a Home Based Business.

Cons

I would like to see integration with Square

Saving tons of money shipping items

Pros

Saves me a ton of money on USPS and UPS shipments. The interface is also very easy to use.

Cons

Does not include Global Post as a carrier option.

Manage shipping

Pros

Shippo is an innovative platform that finds the most optimal shipping price and makes shipping, return, and tracking easier and manageable.

Cons

They work amazingly. I hope they become more popular among small businesses.

Pros

This is very easy to use for printing shipping labels. It makes working from home much easier, not having to go to the post office!

Cons

I haven't found anything bad about this software yet!

Integration can be tricky, but well worth the effort

I've not had any issues with Shippo at all. I only use USPS for shipping so I can only comment on that and it's certainly sped up the process as well as eliminated a lot of the frustration. I love that I can set up pre-sets (package type/weight) to make the process even easier. A huge benefit is that it's helped me SAVE money. Because I'm able to ship small packages first class, very small orders have become cheaper to ship which has benefitted my clients and my business.

Pros

I found Shippo during the early days of the pandemic when I was making and shipping masks every day. I've made over 2000 masks and counting by myself and most orders were small, so the amount of packages went from a typical 2-3 packages per week to 20. I just didn't have time to type in each order on the USPS website and Shippo was a life saver. I was able to integrate/import my orders from various platforms including Etsy, Square Marketplace, and Airtable (using 3rd party automation at times) to make shipping a matter of a few clicks. Now my biggest shipping concern is whether or not my printer is going to cooperate each day.

Cons

It would be great if there were easier integration setups with more platforms, but really once it's set up, it takes almost no effort. This can be a bit tricky for folks who aren't tech savvy. I'm a one person operation, so whether I'm good at doing things or not doesn't really matter since I'll be the one doing them regardless. I was able to fumble my way through it and the ease of that really depended on which third party app I was using. If you're good with API or very familiar with setting up automation through Zapier, Integromat, Automate.io, etc then you will likely not struggle much.

The only "con" is NOT using Shippo

Imagine for a moment you are at a 6-star beach resort on a gorgeous archipelago somewhere. You arrived on a private jet and have been picked up in a limo of your choosing. You are now walking along the beach with sandals in one hand an oversized umbrella and a fruit-laden cocktail in the other. Dolphins are leaping out of the water a few feet (meters) from shore. The sun is reflecting off the crystal blue water. The blood orange and yellow shimmer dances gayly on top of the waves...u get it I think!!!

Pros

Super easy to use and set up and link your various shipping accounts. They make it almost whimsically easy to "test" the product with a forever free account. Savings for free and paid accounts are the same. Today (May 20, 2021) I saved 32% on USPS and a whopping 62% on UPS!! I have been typically just printing labels from the namesake sites and thought the claims of savings were "up to" claims...

Cons

Overall with the free account that I have, I LOVE LOVE LOVE everything about it. If I wanted to channel my inner "Karen" I could groan loudly in my best Jewish whine, I want to integrate more shipping channels without paying to upgrade, but free UPS and USPS are good enough for my needs!

Perfect solution for a small business owner

I love the ability to see all the shipping options available to me so that I can easily pick the right product. This is particularly helpful when considering the different ways to use USPS Priority Mail. I am confident that I always am able to easily select the most cost effective shipping option for my product and destination. Shippo's customer service is also outstanding. Because of a training issue at our local post office, my company was assessed a number of label surcharges by the USPS due to a USPS postal clerk putting multiple items on the scale at one time. Shippo handled the situation by filing disputes on my behalf saving me a lot of time.

Pros

I love that both my website sales and my Etsy shop sales can flow into Shippo so that order management and shipping label purchases can be done from one platform.

Cons

I love it! It just is so much easier than other platforms I've used. There isn't anything I'd change.

Shippo is my chosen program

All in all, excellent except as noted above

Pros

I like the fact that it was not complicated to learn. It was very easy and logical. I get great value on my printed labels and The Shippo Insurance appears to be a great value too! I like the fact that I can choose between multiple shipping methods even though USPS in by far my chosen method. Record keeping is a snap with the ability to download orders or shipments and I also receive emails from Shippo every time I buy 1 label or multiple at a time. I like the fact that I get a copy of the label (great for reprints and records and invoices too)! I have multiple online stores and my order are imported in and in many cases I automatically designate box size and weight.

Cons

I do not like the fact that I can not import and combine orders going to the same buyer. (it saves me shipping and insurance cost)! This needs to be changed. I have twice asked support for this and have not gotten a reasonable answer. The other problem I have had is that I have two stores with eBay and when I have to change a password on one I have to delete both and reinstall. Treating each store as independent of the other would allow me to delete one and not have to reinstall both!

Very happy customer

Overall my experience has been a 10/10. In about 90% of shipments the rates on shippo are the best and the process is the quickest I’ve used.

Pros

The setup was a breeze and the rates are extremely competitive. One of my favorite features is the auto fill function with addresses. Payment is very straightforward and I enjoy reviewing the monthly reports on all my shipments.

Cons

The only negative I can say is that occasionally the auto fill on the address will pull something that is incorrect. I’ve had one package be shipped to the wrong address because of this. Luckily the address didn’t exist so the package was returned, but it took a full week to get it back and we had to reimburse the customer for the delay. I would suggest creating a review/confirm field after you click buy that allows you to review the final label for accuracy prior to it being purchased. I would have caught the error that way.

Recommended Ease

I use it for multiple businesses and have recommended it over rivals for ease of use and a simplistic layout. I am learning more each year. I run two different e-commerce platforms and I have the ability to choose which I want to ship from. I mostly use shippo if the volume is over 3-4 packages to ease the burden at the local post office. To my delight, shippo has never seemed to go offline at least while i'm using it

Pros

Integrations with 3rd party e-commerce platform to sync labels Commercial Rates for USPS The ability to print multi shipment manifests Label purchases are billed once a week Ease with reprinting a label that did not print correctly or creating another label going to the same place 5c plus per label charge on top of the commercial rate

Cons

No real cons, sometimes you are paying a few cents more than another commercial carrier for USPS but I cannot seem to figure out how its calculated. I wish it there was a mobile app just for tracking shipments outgoing. I have had a few issues with international addresses not being recognized but a quick google search resolves the isue.

eCommerce is a fun now

I appreciate all that they are doing to bring eCommerce to food and beverages in a meaningful way. It's nice to know everything I need will be in one place and I can search for problems before I reach out to their team for more information. It's rare that my problem and troubleshooting aren't available in their help system.

Pros

I love the adaptability and software applications that I can use. I have discovered several spaces where I needed to streamline or needed an application function(s) that were already synced and functional with Shippo. Their customer service is OTC- Off The Charts- responsive and very empathetic to a sometimes overwhelmed solopreneur.

Cons

I would like to be able to update the look of the dashboard with weekly stats/updates available to show how much Shippo saves me time and energy.

Rate-Shopping Is The Killer Feature

Very good, and I've saved a lot of money OR I've found ways to improve my shipping speed to my customers for the same money.

Pros

The fact that I can make a shipment and see rates for all the major carriers is the killer feature that changed everything for me. Often I would ship something USPS Priority thinking it was the cheapest option, but with Shippo's bulk UPS rate it usually comes in either cheaper or close enough where it pays to go UPS. It's easy to use, makes sense, and doesn't seem to have any major omissions or hiccups.

Cons

I wish it had an address parser; something I could just paste a 1 line address into and it would parse out the full address. Other apps I've used have it and it's great. It's a major time saver.

Perfect at home shipping tool

Shippo has helped my business financially. I ship USPS packages frequently and using this software has saved me a bunch of money.

Pros

Shippo is very easy to use and does not require a monthly fee and you still receive a discounted rate on your shipping purchases.

Cons

The software is always refreshing so it does take some patience to use it. After entering package details, it refreshes; after entering weight, it refreshes, etc. Would like to be able to tab quickly through in entering details.

Easy, inexpensive shipping solution.

Shippo continues to impress us as the best, most cost-saving and time-saving shipping solution four our small business. The seamless integrations with our various marketplaces, easy to learn user interface, and responsive customer service make Shippo the small business solution we recommend most when speaking with colleagues and new friends at industry conferences.

Pros

The best part of this software is the ability to integrate with multiple marketplaces where our products are sold. This creates a "one stop shop" where we can manage, track, and ship orders that have come in from several sources. The integration is a two-way connection, so that once an order is shipped, it shows as shipped with tracking information in our various marketplace apps and websites. This saves an incredible amount of time so that we can focus our attention on creating great products.

Cons

There have been a couple of days when the site was down or experiencing issues when we came to our scheduled time for packing and shipping. Obviously, this throws a minor wrench in our daily schedule, but we understand that these things happen. The responsiveness of the Shippo team is excellent. I all of these cases, once the problem was identified, we received notification that work was in progress and that we would be told when the site was ready to process orders. The subsequent notification that the site was ready to go saved us from having to go back periodically and check. This valuable customer service saves us time and is greatly appreciated.

Great option for any business

Pros

We couldn't get through the day without Shippo. We are constantly shipping products everyday and without an easy streamlined system like Shippo we would not be able to function as a business. it's quick and simple. I like that it helps with the addresses, if you put it part of the address it will automatically put in the rest of it. If you have a business that requires you to ship then you need to have Shippo!

Cons

I don't like the recent change with having the green box at the bottom right hand corner rather than where it used to be in the upper left hand corner.

Best tool for shipping

Best discovery I''ve done since using STAMPS

Pros

Easy to use, easy to install, easy to print

Cons

I did not find any reason not to use this product

Great Shipping Software Highly Recommended

Since all labels render as a PDF file, I can reprint mis-printed labels as many times as needed...gone are the days of having to reload funds to purchase new labels due to printer malfunction. I also enjoy the discounted pricing on USPS labels. Haven't tried other carriers but I like the option of having UPS and DHL as well, maybe I will try them one day.

Pros

Amazing shipping software, can't be any happier since switching from stamps.com. Easy to easy, convenient and integrates well with eBay.

Cons

Doesn't seem to integrate well with Square/Weebly online store, I noticed that the package tracking number was not carrying over to the Square order, it will just mark it as shipped with a blank tracking info

Switched to Shippo, Never leaving

Pros

I really love the fact that I am able to purchase shipping labels at a cheaper cost then everywhere else I have looked. With the amount of packages my business sends, this has been a life saver. I also love the ease of use with setting up the package weight and dimensions.

Cons

When selecting the shipping service, I wish there were better dividers between types of services AND conpanies. I've accidentally clicked "Parcel Select" for USPS a couple of times which takes triple the time to arrive to the customer. When I'm moving quickly, it slips past me sometimes.

I love Shippo!

Saving a couple of bucks on USPS Flat Rate Boxes and Express Mailing envelopes has been a great help! I also vaguely remember that after signing up, someone from Shippo's customer service team reached out to ask if I needed a tutorial and even gave me a walk through of the services provided and answered any questions I had. I definitely felt welcomed and appreciated.

Pros

My favorite thing about this software is that to use it I did not have to be in E-Commerce. I am able to sign in and create a label manually and I am also able to upload a .csv file to create the labels needed for a mass shipping. The reason I use Shippo is because since last March my company has been working remotely. But at the end of the day we still needed a sure fire way to get new hire swag...

Cons

What I least like about using Shippo is that currently, when my company mails out new hire equipment like laptops and monitors we like to ship through Fedex for insurance and delivery time purposes. My issue here is that because my whole company is remote, I receive the details for the label (recipient, address, weight and value) via email and am not able to fill out the entirety of the sections that need to be filled out on Shippo. Therefore, I mostly use Shippo for mail forwarding and new hire swag and I switch over to Fedex for equipment and time sensitive shipping.