Shippo Logo

The leading multi-carrier e-commerce shipping platform

Shippo Reviews

Suggested alternatives

shipstation
shipmonk
fishbowl

I like how user friendly it is. I love that I can pick from several different carriers. I also enjoy if my weight or height is slightly off my package still ships and my account is adjusted.
When I needed technical help, someone was always available to help resolve any issues I had. I highly recommend Shippo.
Shippo has really nice people to talk with over the phone to help with any questions. I am very happy with the product and how easily it works.
There is no documentation that explains this so there was time lost trying to make it work the way I thought it should work.
The only time I had an issue with the software, was when an International Buyer neglected to add a phone number in their account. This made it difficult to add the number after the fact, on Shippo.
I think the only thing that is challenging is if you cancel a shipping label. It was hard to figure out where the refund was pending.

RD

Racheal D.

Owner/CEO

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Better Customer Experience with easy to use Shippo!

Transcript

Rachael: Hi, I'm Racheal and I am the CEO and owner of a health and wellness company. I give Shippo a...

Cameron S.

CEO

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Forget the others... Shippo is my go to!

Transcript

Cameron S: My name's Cameron and I'm the co-founder of a e-commerce business and I give Shippo a five...

Maricela G.

Warehousing, 11-50 employees

Shipping Made Simple

Pros

I love that I can purchase shipping labels directly from our online store. Makes the shipping process that much simpler when you don't have to worry about switching software to complete order fulfillment.

Cons

It has had little glitches here and there lately, nothing that couldn't get fixed in a timely manner.

DP

Diane P.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Good program for small business and personal use

It is a great program and company to work with. The price is right and we hope to continue our relationship with them in the future.

Pros

Shippo is very affordable and easy to use. Their customer service is eager to help out if there are any website problems or syncing problems and can be reached at any time. We have never had a problem using this software.

Cons

There are virtually no problems with this company or its software. We have used them for about 2 years and we will continue to use them if their pricing stays affordable.

CL

CURTIS L.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Be aware the carrier they contract with is not the same as if you go directly to the carrier...

With the fact they do not have phone support I must tell you avoid their services. While there are links and procedures to follow to put through insurance claims or communicate other issues there is a lag time and don't expect a live person. My suggestion: Read their legal ease carefully, pick another service or simply buy direct where there may be a human to help...

Pros

It is easy to use and relatively fast to get an order processed and paid for.

Cons

...the shipping carriers they represent are not giving you exactly the same services as if you bought from them directly.... I send high value packages and I buy insurance for them. I tend to exclusively ship using the USPS option. It is the lowest price generally and they have never lost a package I have sent. The problem came when for the first time a client CLAIMED they did not receive the item....

MT

Meghan T.

Best for Small Businesses

Not having consistently heavy business, it’s nice to not have to worry about monthly fees. As a small business, this has been such a great service to me and I will continue to use it and refer people to use it.

Pros

Running a small retail business, I searched high and low for affordable ways to ship my products. I ran across Shippo one day and, to be honest, I thought the hippo was cute lol, so I checked them out. I compared their prices to other services (that charge monthly fees) and Shippo was by far the cheapest. They also integrate with my website software, so I have consistent billing. I am super happy with my Shippo!

Cons

This is so petty, but since you are asking.....I wish I could print on quarter sheet labels. That is all.

RD

Rachel D.

Design, self-employed

Highly recommended

My experience has been wonderful. I have 0 complaints & love the ease of use, affordability & options Shippo provides.

Pros

I love that Shippo links directly to my website. It not only automatically brings orders into the program for easy use, it also automatically send my customers their tracking information without me having to do anything extra! The prices are very fair & I like that there is no monthly fee.

Cons

I wish there was an “address book” of sorts, so I could save the names/addresses of the people I ship to most often.

JR

Jason R.

Industrial Automation, 11-50 employees

Works, Fairly Priced, Good Support

Pros

Incredibly simple API allows access to multiple shipping vendors. Price discounts for USPS are great.

Cons

We could do without the Shippo logo on USPS labels. We had some issues connecting to our UPS account but after that got fixed its worked great.

MN

Matthew N.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 1-10 employees

Excellent Software

It been a pleasure to use shippo for our e-commerce. The intuitive platform makes it easy for anyone to use.

Pros

Since we sell on Amazon, I think the best part is how easy it was to integrate Shippo into our seller platform. Have all the shipping info directly from amazon on Shippo has save me so much time. It was a very manual process before. I also love seeing the instant cost for each carrier. Again, having to try to figure out the cheapest rate was very time consuming. All in all, Shippo has saved us time and money which has been huge.

Cons

For creating new labels, I wish there was a way to save our shipping info. We sometimes ship from different locations with different addresses so not being able to quickly switch between the two can slow down the process.

CF

Claude F.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Shippo is a 5 Star for me. Easy of use, Record keeping of previous orders and very inexpensive.

Its Friendly, Cheap, very easy to use and I think its the best for every business out there. Also All orders are in one spot. You can easily track, monitor or modify orders or tracking details

Pros

Easy to use. Anyone can basically key in customer info to creating a return label and even choosing the available shipping rates. What I also love is that, it is prepare service too. I am not too sure on this, but I get charges after my orders have been delivered to my customers

Cons

I haven't experienced any negatives with shippo as of now, since my 2 years of using their services.

TB

Teyah B.

Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees

Would Definitely Recommend!

Overall using Shippo has been great and I haven't run into any issues so far.

Pros

Shippo is extremely easy to use and implement. Everything about using it seems intuitive.

Cons

One feature I would like to see is an autofill when manually creating a label for a recipient that has been used before. I would also like to be able to create a label for just a regular envelope, or maybe even print stamps.

CS

Chris S.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Loving Shippo

Perfect! I was happy to find Shippo and will continue to use it far into the future. I have used other shipping services that charge you a monthly fee and to me that is ridiculous. Try Shippo! It's easy to use and gets the job done for a great price right from your home!

Pros

It's so intuitive and the prices are great! I currently prefer Shippo to any other online shipping software/ website.

Cons

The only thing I don't like is that you cannot buy Media mail.

sg

soliman g.

Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

Rates for usps is cheaper than ebay, stamps.com and shipstation except flat rate envelop

best shipping company so far.

Pros

first, it is not a software, so you don't need to install , just sign in and use it right on the browser . easy integration. very competitive rates . no price adjustment for few ounces difference like other software's.

Cons

1- can not combined shipping. 2- have 3 ebay stores, not able to filter to specific store, once you filter by sales channel , ebay, it gives you all three stores. 3- USPS flat rate envelop on ebay is $7.18 , everywhere else including shippo is $7.40 . hope you can match that.

BS

Benjamin S.

Sporting Goods, self-employed

Great shipping software!

Pros

Very user friendly, easy to set up, and easy to use. Much faster than our previous options.

Cons

The lack of mobile support. The dashboard is very hard to use on a phone.

TN

Tracey N.

GoShippo for Home Based Business

I can schedule a pickup from my front door!! Since the pandemic broke out, it has saved lots of time and headaches!! It is straight forward easy to maneuver and saves so much time and money from having to stand in line at the post office.

Pros

GoShippo is a must have for a Home Based Business.

Cons

I would like to see integration with Square

SC

Sarah C.

Broadcast Media, 1-10 employees

Smooth speedy interface, pay as you go pricing

Pros

I love the fact that it's browser-based, so I don't have to worry about downloading a program, making it work with the current version of Windows, and then upgrading it every few months (or even more often). GoShippo has this nailed.

Cons

Integration with OpenCart would be nice. Otherwise, I'm pretty happy.

DT

Dominic T.

Shippo Has Saved Me a Lot of Money

It has saved me $1-2 per package, which over time adds up. The integration with my host/processor was extremely simple and flawless.

Pros

The ease of integration with my hosting/processing company was exceptional. The shipping rates are lower than many other alternatives.

Cons

I wish it were easier to create a new one-off order entry from within Shippo or to obtain rates without having to create a new entry and then hide it afterwards since it can't be deleted. There really needs to be an easier way to reprint a label after the initial pop-up is gone.

Hi Dominic, Thanks for leaving us a review. We're happy to hear that Shippo has helped you save plenty in shipping costs. We also appreciate your feedback in regards to our user interface, which we've relayed to our team. As for the rates, you can head to https://onlineshippingcalculator.com/, which showcases Shippo's discounted rates, to obtain rates for any shipment you were interested in sending out. We hope this information helps! Thank you, Shippo Support

RH

Ryan H.

Publishing, 1-10 employees

Easy, inexpensive shipping solution.

Shippo continues to impress us as the best, most cost-saving and time-saving shipping solution four our small business. The seamless integrations with our various marketplaces, easy to learn user interface, and responsive customer service make Shippo the small business solution we recommend most when speaking with colleagues and new friends at industry conferences.

Pros

The best part of this software is the ability to integrate with multiple marketplaces where our products are sold. This creates a "one stop shop" where we can manage, track, and ship orders that have come in from several sources. The integration is a two-way connection, so that once an order is shipped, it shows as shipped with tracking information in our various marketplace apps and websites. This saves an incredible amount of time so that we can focus our attention on creating great products.

Cons

There have been a couple of days when the site was down or experiencing issues when we came to our scheduled time for packing and shipping. Obviously, this throws a minor wrench in our daily schedule, but we understand that these things happen. The responsiveness of the Shippo team is excellent. I all of these cases, once the problem was identified, we received notification that work was in progress and that we would be told when the site was ready to process orders. The subsequent notification that the site was ready to go saved us from having to go back periodically and check. This valuable customer service saves us time and is greatly appreciated.

SF

Sarah F.

Consumer Goods, self-employed

Shippo saves me money every day, and is honestly a service I rely on and trust.

Overall I am extremely impressed with Shippo, I have not had one single negative experience using this software and that is not a common trait in this rocky world of online commerce. With all the stresses involved it would be easy to take this service for granted, but if it were to not exist tomorrow I know that I would be sorely dismayed and it would be a difficult blow. I also, use Shippo exclusively for all return shipping labels as they are "pay when used", and it makes returns so much easier to deal with.

Pros

The software is very user-friendly. Easy to maneuver, to understand, just take the time to read through the plans and billing--set up your account with billing (paypal is an easy option) and if you aren't familiar with the carriers and the rates/services they offer, get informed. I like the fact that I can play around with dimensions and weights and find the right package size and shipping option for the least cost while not compromising product integrity or arrival deadlines.

Cons

I can't really think of a "least" in the list of adjectives that come to mind. I began my e-commerce journey exactly one year ago this week and I don't remember how I came across Shippo, but I have been using this software nearly every day and sometimes several times a day (I sell on platforms that have their own shipping options, so for me to choose Shippo over their discounted plans really says a lot!) I rely on the lower pricing on Priority shipping for a majority of parcels that I ship regularly.

MS

Melissa S.

Makes shipping easy!

It has made making my mailing labels SO much quicker! You have saved me so much time over my old way. I was using the USPS site and it took forever to fill out each label. Having previous shipments stored helps when creating a new label. I love how it syncs with my website and Etsy. Overall it has made shipping more professional and easy!

Pros

I love how it tracks all my orders from various platforms (my 2 websites, Etsy). I can see at a glance what I need to ship and from where. The auto-fill feature on addresses is great. Also the verifying an address is very helpful! Being able to "store" addresses and make another label for another package without having a new order helps. I always use USPS so being able to set that as a default helps speed making labels up.

Cons

The only con I have is the auto fill when creating a new label using the same email address. It will keep auto filling with the other address and if one client orders several gifts for different people, it's kinda a pain.

GS

Glen S.

Automotive, 1-10 employees

Intuitive, Efficient Shipping Software

For me it's all about workflow, minimizing the number of clicks and the time it takes me to perform the shipping process. Shippo is very efficient from that perspective, the only improvement would be having complete variation details printing on the Shipping packing slips. One other comment is that Shippo customer service is always rapid, on the several issues I've had, I always had suitable responses and resolutions from Shippo within the business day.

Pros

I love Shippo's focus on workflow, efficiency and usability. With good integration with eBay, I only need about 4 or 5 clicks to get a batch of labels issued and printed.

Cons

The only critique I have about the software is that product variation descriptions get concatenated in the Shippo packing slips - for that reason I can't use them. I have to print the ebay packing slip to get complete, multi-line variation descriptions, and I have to print separately the labels from Shippo. I don't know if the limitation is on the eBay side or on the Shippo side, but I would love to have complete packing slips produced by Shippo.

BM

Beverly M.

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

One of the best decisions our company ever made to use Shippo for our shipping needs.

Pros

The software has been super easy to use. The rates are a little better than what we can get on other ecommerce sites that we sell on. Shippo bills us once a week for the labels that we have purchased during the week on the plan that we currently use. We also like that we can create labels from orders that we get from other ecommerce sites that do not integrate with Shippo. We highly recommend then to everyone. It's been a great tool and time saver for our business.

Cons

When we first started using Shippo Parcel Post Select would always come up as the mailing service they picked for us to use, because it was a little a few cents cheaper than Priority Mail. We didn't use that service so I had to void a lot labels in the beginning but that has been address and we haven't had any issues since.

RI

Robin I.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Best Shipping Software

It's so awesome. I tell everyone about it.

Pros

Shippo is cheap, which makes it extremely affordable for a small business that ships products regularly but not constantly. It's easy to use, as it integrates with the platforms I currently sell on, and manually entry is easy too. And the shipping labels are priced super competitively with any other platform I've used. I also love that you can price compare between different shipping companies like FedEx, UPS and USPS really easily. Bulk orders are easy to do as well. It's also formatted to print 4x6 shipping labels for my Demo.

Cons

When you search to find a previous order, you can't click to make a new label for that one and add it to a bulk label order. I often have people pay once for a 6 month subscription, which means that every month I need to dig back through and find their address and print a new label for them. It would be much easier if I could click other name and add them to the rest of my bulk labels I'm printing rather than having to do it individually.

JH

Joanne H.

So easy and practical

It’s my go to for business and personal shipping. No more standing in line at the post office for me!

Pros

I was in search of alternative shipping options when I actually received a package with a Shippo label. I immediately went on line to check out Shippo. I signed up, used it a bit and that was the last time I went to the post office. It’s so user friendly. No nonsense. I did have a question once. Contacted Shippo by email. The response was quick and appropriate. I have noticed over the last year or so, improvements on ease of use. Nothing to loose...ease of use and peace of mind to gain.

Cons

I did have a concern about a few things originally, but there have been improvements made over the years and I no longer have any concerns

KK

Kari K.

Retail, self-employed

Easy to use and UPS discounts

Easy to make labels that are ready to be dropped off at postal service - no waiting. Can re-print if not printed correctly the first time. Easy to connect to UPS, USPS and FedEx accounts.

Pros

It doesn't require a monthly fee, so when my small business sends less, we pay less. It's easy to create new labels and integrate from my Squarespace website. The UPS discount is especially helpful since USPS isn't as reliable time-wise nowadays and my products are perishable.

Cons

Since I ship with icepacks, the product shipping weight isn't a true value. When creating my own label (like when receiving an order over the phone), it requires a weight when adding the products. Then I need to override the weight for the whole package after entering an estimated amount per product.

JA

Jeff A.

Wholesale, 1-10 employees

Complete shipping package

It is the best shipping software for any parcel. Need to advertise more and get folks off of USPS.com

Pros

The shippo package not only helps by writing shipping labels it does other things other software doesn't do. It will give you the appropriate address from a partial, it has all the different types of shipping containers listed, it saves money, and most of all, you can into the software anytime, and it save your shipments and makes it easy to bring them back up. I had a very hard time getting into the USPS software after 1pm to make a label. I've used stamps.com. USPS.com, and shippo is the best all around shipping software.

Cons

The only thing I didn't like was when I first set things up customer service was done by email only. No phone calls. But since I'm set up and been running a few years that issue doesn't bother me anymore. No problems at all.

SK

Sa K.

Photography, 11-50 employees

Useful but could have better UI

It works for my business but I wish is was easier to use.

Pros

cheapest rates, easy to print off labels

Cons

features are confusing and hard to navigate. Very simple tasks require lots of google searching. Why can't I delete a label if I made a mistake on it? How do I edit the address of a label if the weight and dimensions are exactly the same? How do I make a label template? Customers service conversations are lengthy and do not always answer my question.