All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Shippo

The leading multi-carrier eCommerce shipping platform

visit website

Shippo Reviews

Pros

The overall experience is great for someone like me who needs a system that is there when I need it but not a drag on expenses when the volume is down. Great for the small business ownes.

James K.

Read the full review
The description is accurate, love the free account option for small business as well as shipping discounts. It was easy to set up my company and choose the plan that would work best.

Laurie R.

Read the full review
Now all of my order information is integrated into the Shippo platform and my shipping forms are auto-populated. Great service and great shipping rates too.

CAROLINE S.

Read the full review

Cons

It was my first time using the service and I was a little confused. I was unable to get a refund for the accidental shipping label I printed.

Read the full review
We have to email periodically to request refunds on denied labels. These particular labels are only denied because of the first scan on them which comes from the manifest scan.

Amanda W.

Read the full review
Sometimes I have an order directed from my website, but I hand deliver the package. Shippo thinks I have an unfulfilled order and I don't see a way to tell it to ignore.

Jennifer W.

Saved by Shippo!

Better Customer Experience with easy to use Shippo!

Great Shipping Solution

Pros

I like that Shippo is easy to integrate with e-commerce sites like eBay and Etsy. I sell vinyl decals on both sites and it is very easy to sync unfulfilled orders. The software imports the customer's address perfectly and does an address verification before you purchase the shipping label. After the label is printed, the software automatically notifies the e-commerce site that the order has been shipped and posts the tracking number for the customer to view. This has been a huge time saver for me.

Cons

The software works very well for me and I have not found any cons to it.

Perfect solution for a small business owner

I love the ability to see all the shipping options available to me so that I can easily pick the right product. This is particularly helpful when considering the different ways to use USPS Priority Mail. I am confident that I always am able to easily select the most cost effective shipping option for my product and destination. Shippo's customer service is also outstanding. Because of a training issue at our local post office, my company was assessed a number of label surcharges by the USPS due to a USPS postal clerk putting multiple items on the scale at one time. Shippo handled the situation by filing disputes on my behalf saving me a lot of time.

Pros

I love that both my website sales and my Etsy shop sales can flow into Shippo so that order management and shipping label purchases can be done from one platform.

Cons

I love it! It just is so much easier than other platforms I've used. There isn't anything I'd change.

Be aware the carrier they contract with is not the same as if you go directly to the carrier...

With the fact they do not have phone support I must tell you avoid their services. While there are links and procedures to follow to put through insurance claims or communicate other issues there is a lag time and don't expect a live person. My suggestion: Read their legal ease carefully, pick another service or simply buy direct where there may be a human to help...

Pros

It is easy to use and relatively fast to get an order processed and paid for.

Cons

...the shipping carriers they represent are not giving you exactly the same services as if you bought from them directly.... I send high value packages and I buy insurance for them. I tend to exclusively ship using the USPS option. It is the lowest price generally and they have never lost a package I have sent. The problem came when for the first time a client CLAIMED they did not receive the item....

Very happy customer

Overall my experience has been a 10/10. In about 90% of shipments the rates on shippo are the best and the process is the quickest I’ve used.

Pros

The setup was a breeze and the rates are extremely competitive. One of my favorite features is the auto fill function with addresses. Payment is very straightforward and I enjoy reviewing the monthly reports on all my shipments.

Cons

The only negative I can say is that occasionally the auto fill on the address will pull something that is incorrect. I’ve had one package be shipped to the wrong address because of this. Luckily the address didn’t exist so the package was returned, but it took a full week to get it back and we had to reimburse the customer for the delay. I would suggest creating a review/confirm field after you click buy that allows you to review the final label for accuracy prior to it being purchased. I would have caught the error that way.

Works, Fairly Priced, Good Support

Pros

Incredibly simple API allows access to multiple shipping vendors. Price discounts for USPS are great.

Cons

We could do without the Shippo logo on USPS labels. We had some issues connecting to our UPS account but after that got fixed its worked great.

Would Definitely Recommend!

Overall using Shippo has been great and I haven't run into any issues so far.

Pros

Shippo is extremely easy to use and implement. Everything about using it seems intuitive.

Cons

One feature I would like to see is an autofill when manually creating a label for a recipient that has been used before. I would also like to be able to create a label for just a regular envelope, or maybe even print stamps.

Loving Shippo

Perfect! I was happy to find Shippo and will continue to use it far into the future. I have used other shipping services that charge you a monthly fee and to me that is ridiculous. Try Shippo! It's easy to use and gets the job done for a great price right from your home!

Pros

It's so intuitive and the prices are great! I currently prefer Shippo to any other online shipping software/ website.

Cons

The only thing I don't like is that you cannot buy Media mail.

A great shipping option for all types of business

Excellent experience with no problems except for the one listed.

Pros

Easy to use, more information for each shipping of items so that it could be looked up if needed, all types of mailing options even for large boxes and heavy items.

Cons

There is only one problem I have seen so far and that is one of my labels would not download and is still spinning every day trying to download. I do not see an option to delete this one label.

User Friendly Software

Pros

I love that Shippo is very simple to use. Not being a computer expert by any means, I found that the set up and integration with my POS was easy. My orders sync into Shippo every time with no problems at all.

Cons

My only con is that I would like to use our branded logo on the return shipping label. Other than that, I have been extremely satisfied Shippo!

Necessary & superior

Very pleased with this service, I’ve tried several and appreciate the tools on this

Pros

Ease of use, very affordable, lots of information and training if needed

Cons

I wish you could customize the branding of my labels on the free plan, I wish I could delete shipping labels that I accidentally created

Shippo is my chosen program

All in all, excellent except as noted above

Pros

I like the fact that it was not complicated to learn. It was very easy and logical. I get great value on my printed labels and The Shippo Insurance appears to be a great value too! I like the fact that I can choose between multiple shipping methods even though USPS in by far my chosen method. Record keeping is a snap with the ability to download orders or shipments and I also receive emails from Shippo every time I buy 1 label or multiple at a time. I like the fact that I get a copy of the label (great for reprints and records and invoices too)! I have multiple online stores and my order are imported in and in many cases I automatically designate box size and weight.

Cons

I do not like the fact that I can not import and combine orders going to the same buyer. (it saves me shipping and insurance cost)! This needs to be changed. I have twice asked support for this and have not gotten a reasonable answer. The other problem I have had is that I have two stores with eBay and when I have to change a password on one I have to delete both and reinstall. Treating each store as independent of the other would allow me to delete one and not have to reinstall both!

Recommended Ease

I use it for multiple businesses and have recommended it over rivals for ease of use and a simplistic layout. I am learning more each year. I run two different e-commerce platforms and I have the ability to choose which I want to ship from. I mostly use shippo if the volume is over 3-4 packages to ease the burden at the local post office. To my delight, shippo has never seemed to go offline at least while i'm using it

Pros

Integrations with 3rd party e-commerce platform to sync labels Commercial Rates for USPS The ability to print multi shipment manifests Label purchases are billed once a week Ease with reprinting a label that did not print correctly or creating another label going to the same place 5c plus per label charge on top of the commercial rate

Cons

No real cons, sometimes you are paying a few cents more than another commercial carrier for USPS but I cannot seem to figure out how its calculated. I wish it there was a mobile app just for tracking shipments outgoing. I have had a few issues with international addresses not being recognized but a quick google search resolves the isue.

eCommerce is a fun now

I appreciate all that they are doing to bring eCommerce to food and beverages in a meaningful way. It's nice to know everything I need will be in one place and I can search for problems before I reach out to their team for more information. It's rare that my problem and troubleshooting aren't available in their help system.

Pros

I love the adaptability and software applications that I can use. I have discovered several spaces where I needed to streamline or needed an application function(s) that were already synced and functional with Shippo. Their customer service is OTC- Off The Charts- responsive and very empathetic to a sometimes overwhelmed solopreneur.

Cons

I would like to be able to update the look of the dashboard with weekly stats/updates available to show how much Shippo saves me time and energy.

Rate-Shopping Is The Killer Feature

Very good, and I've saved a lot of money OR I've found ways to improve my shipping speed to my customers for the same money.

Pros

The fact that I can make a shipment and see rates for all the major carriers is the killer feature that changed everything for me. Often I would ship something USPS Priority thinking it was the cheapest option, but with Shippo's bulk UPS rate it usually comes in either cheaper or close enough where it pays to go UPS. It's easy to use, makes sense, and doesn't seem to have any major omissions or hiccups.

Cons

I wish it had an address parser; something I could just paste a 1 line address into and it would parse out the full address. Other apps I've used have it and it's great. It's a major time saver.

Great option for any business

Pros

We couldn't get through the day without Shippo. We are constantly shipping products everyday and without an easy streamlined system like Shippo we would not be able to function as a business. it's quick and simple. I like that it helps with the addresses, if you put it part of the address it will automatically put in the rest of it. If you have a business that requires you to ship then you need to have Shippo!

Cons

I don't like the recent change with having the green box at the bottom right hand corner rather than where it used to be in the upper left hand corner.

Great Shipping Software Highly Recommended

Since all labels render as a PDF file, I can reprint mis-printed labels as many times as needed...gone are the days of having to reload funds to purchase new labels due to printer malfunction. I also enjoy the discounted pricing on USPS labels. Haven't tried other carriers but I like the option of having UPS and DHL as well, maybe I will try them one day.

Pros

Amazing shipping software, can't be any happier since switching from stamps.com. Easy to easy, convenient and integrates well with eBay.

Cons

Doesn't seem to integrate well with Square/Weebly online store, I noticed that the package tracking number was not carrying over to the Square order, it will just mark it as shipped with a blank tracking info

I love Shippo!

Saving a couple of bucks on USPS Flat Rate Boxes and Express Mailing envelopes has been a great help! I also vaguely remember that after signing up, someone from Shippo's customer service team reached out to ask if I needed a tutorial and even gave me a walk through of the services provided and answered any questions I had. I definitely felt welcomed and appreciated.

Pros

My favorite thing about this software is that to use it I did not have to be in E-Commerce. I am able to sign in and create a label manually and I am also able to upload a .csv file to create the labels needed for a mass shipping. The reason I use Shippo is because since last March my company has been working remotely. But at the end of the day we still needed a sure fire way to get new hire swag...

Cons

What I least like about using Shippo is that currently, when my company mails out new hire equipment like laptops and monitors we like to ship through Fedex for insurance and delivery time purposes. My issue here is that because my whole company is remote, I receive the details for the label (recipient, address, weight and value) via email and am not able to fill out the entirety of the sections that need to be filled out on Shippo. Therefore, I mostly use Shippo for mail forwarding and new hire swag and I switch over to Fedex for equipment and time sensitive shipping.

Shippo saves me money every day, and is honestly a service I rely on and trust.

Overall I am extremely impressed with Shippo, I have not had one single negative experience using this software and that is not a common trait in this rocky world of online commerce. With all the stresses involved it would be easy to take this service for granted, but if it were to not exist tomorrow I know that I would be sorely dismayed and it would be a difficult blow. I also, use Shippo exclusively for all return shipping labels as they are "pay when used", and it makes returns so much easier to deal with.

Pros

The software is very user-friendly. Easy to maneuver, to understand, just take the time to read through the plans and billing--set up your account with billing (paypal is an easy option) and if you aren't familiar with the carriers and the rates/services they offer, get informed. I like the fact that I can play around with dimensions and weights and find the right package size and shipping option for the least cost while not compromising product integrity or arrival deadlines.

Cons

I can't really think of a "least" in the list of adjectives that come to mind. I began my e-commerce journey exactly one year ago this week and I don't remember how I came across Shippo, but I have been using this software nearly every day and sometimes several times a day (I sell on platforms that have their own shipping options, so for me to choose Shippo over their discounted plans really says a lot!) I rely on the lower pricing on Priority shipping for a majority of parcels that I ship regularly.

Covers Multi Platforms

Pros

I love that I can ship orders from several of my on-line stores form one location. My orders from Etsy and my own websight automaticly get sent to Shippo so I can prepare my shipping label and packing slip from one spot.

Cons

Sometimes I want to refund partial shipping cost to a customer if it cost less to ship then they were charged. I see no where I can do it from the Shippo sight so I still have to go back to Etsy or my sight and prepare their refund.

Best for Small Businesses

Not having consistently heavy business, it’s nice to not have to worry about monthly fees. As a small business, this has been such a great service to me and I will continue to use it and refer people to use it.

Pros

Running a small retail business, I searched high and low for affordable ways to ship my products. I ran across Shippo one day and, to be honest, I thought the hippo was cute lol, so I checked them out. I compared their prices to other services (that charge monthly fees) and Shippo was by far the cheapest. They also integrate with my website software, so I have consistent billing. I am super happy with my Shippo!

Cons

This is so petty, but since you are asking.....I wish I could print on quarter sheet labels. That is all.

Excellent Software

It been a pleasure to use shippo for our e-commerce. The intuitive platform makes it easy for anyone to use.

Pros

Since we sell on Amazon, I think the best part is how easy it was to integrate Shippo into our seller platform. Have all the shipping info directly from amazon on Shippo has save me so much time. It was a very manual process before. I also love seeing the instant cost for each carrier. Again, having to try to figure out the cheapest rate was very time consuming. All in all, Shippo has saved us time and money which has been huge.

Cons

For creating new labels, I wish there was a way to save our shipping info. We sometimes ship from different locations with different addresses so not being able to quickly switch between the two can slow down the process.

Makes shipping easy!

It has made making my mailing labels SO much quicker! You have saved me so much time over my old way. I was using the USPS site and it took forever to fill out each label. Having previous shipments stored helps when creating a new label. I love how it syncs with my website and Etsy. Overall it has made shipping more professional and easy!

Pros

I love how it tracks all my orders from various platforms (my 2 websites, Etsy). I can see at a glance what I need to ship and from where. The auto-fill feature on addresses is great. Also the verifying an address is very helpful! Being able to "store" addresses and make another label for another package without having a new order helps. I always use USPS so being able to set that as a default helps speed making labels up.

Cons

The only con I have is the auto fill when creating a new label using the same email address. It will keep auto filling with the other address and if one client orders several gifts for different people, it's kinda a pain.

Been using for years and love it!

Shippo helps us to quickly get through our orders with how it syncs with our Godaddy store. As a small business, Shippo streamlines our process so that we can concentrate on our customers.

Pros

I truly enjoy that the process is easy and it states clearly what my choices are. Searching for customers is easy as well. I have been using Shippo for years and have never had any mistakes or mess-ups in tracking or anything. Everything is up to date and quickly editable.

Cons

I do not like that if I go in and edit an address in the software and save it- it is not permanent. And I have to create that label right there if I want to save the address I changed it to. I don't know if it is my browser or not, but this has been and issue. Also, if I update an address on my selling platform, it doesn't sync with Shippo. But other than that I am happy with it.

Great Program, Very Comprehensive!

Pros

Shippo was introduced to me by Weebly my web site builder. I have loved it from the first day. It integrates many, many selling sites in one shipping window. It also offers every shipping company available. I also opened a Shippo UPS account with substantial savings.

Cons

I hated to see the integration with Weebly being cut. I would have loved to ship my Weebly orders still with Shippo and not have to go back to their web site.

Intuitive, Efficient Shipping Software

For me it's all about workflow, minimizing the number of clicks and the time it takes me to perform the shipping process. Shippo is very efficient from that perspective, the only improvement would be having complete variation details printing on the Shipping packing slips. One other comment is that Shippo customer service is always rapid, on the several issues I've had, I always had suitable responses and resolutions from Shippo within the business day.

Pros

I love Shippo's focus on workflow, efficiency and usability. With good integration with eBay, I only need about 4 or 5 clicks to get a batch of labels issued and printed.

Cons

The only critique I have about the software is that product variation descriptions get concatenated in the Shippo packing slips - for that reason I can't use them. I have to print the ebay packing slip to get complete, multi-line variation descriptions, and I have to print separately the labels from Shippo. I don't know if the limitation is on the eBay side or on the Shippo side, but I would love to have complete packing slips produced by Shippo.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.