Braintree Reviews

User ratings

3.9

• Likelihood to recommend7.66/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

I am huge fan of PayPal, we all have phones and we can have the software available anywhere we go and makes it super easy to use.
I love how it is easy to manage money for me and my employe and splitting it for a fair price. This site is a good site for companies at any size.
In addition, it is also an advantage that it supports most billing methods and integrates flawlessly with websites.
PayPal really cannot be trusted with money. There is so much fraud when using Paypal you end up making a loss.
Bad payment processor - hardly any customer service.

Braintree users...

Stripe-logocaret

Stripe

Square Payments-logocaret

Square Payments

How would you rate Braintree?

Easy to use, simple

Generally it's good but adding more robust features like other credit card processors would be helpful.

Pros

It is simple to use, fees are reasonable and seem to change depending on volume dynamically. Direct entry for phone payments is much easier than other solutions we have used, which is our primary payment method. It works well on our website as well.

Cons

It is hard to tell exactly the fee calculations. Their record keeping is not as transparent and solid as I would like.

Pretty Good Software With Some Minor Quirks

Pros

Finding certain transactions is pretty easy, so it taking credit card payments. It does what it needs to.

Cons

This is a very minor issue in the grand scheme of it all, but you wouldn't believe how annoying and inconvenient it is. When taking a credit card payment, if you put a comma in the amount of the transaction (ie: $1,000 rather than $1000), it will not accept the transaction, and brings you back to the same page without the credit card number. It is the most infuriating thing I have ever encountered, and when you have a customer on the phone, asking them to repeat the CC number it is quite frustrating. We also can't connect BT to Netsuite so we have to manually enter credit card transactions.

Basic payment gateway

It worked as a payment gateway but other products offer more functionality and easier integration. Fees are fairly high considering it doesn't offer anything extra.

Pros

It operated as expected for a payment gateway

Cons

It had limited capabilities compare to other better know payment gateways.

Run away from Braintree as fast as you can

One day our settlements from Braintree just stopped. Our money just stopped! And Braintree simply could not care less. When we eventually got hold of someone (they do not have telephone customer support, only telephone sales), they told us they would look into it, but they could make any guarantees of when it would be resolved. They failed to grasp this was our money, and we were their customer....

Pros

The fact that the payment fields integrate directly into our checkout. This is pretty standard now, but back when we first started using them 7 years ago, Braintree was the only one that enabled this.

Cons

The software is fine, however the customer service is completely non-existent. That is a huge issue for a payments company. They provide the oxygen for your business, the cash flow. If there is an issue, they could not care less about it.

Accept Online Payments from a Trusted Source

Pros

Set up through our online portal was fast and easy. At the time of set up there were a number of providers. We liked that Braintree was backstopped by the power of PayPal - one of the most trusted names in the eCommerce payment space.

Cons

Fees can be high and you have to watch your statements closely. Dispute resolution is clunky and successful outcomes can be a dice roll.

It's alright if you don't have a better available option

Quite frustrating. We didn't have any other viable option available in our region for years so we had to work with Braintree, but from early on we were awaiting the day we could break free. This finally happened a few weeks ago. Thank you for helping our business accept online card payments in the last few years, but there are simply better options out there at this point.

Pros

When we started using Braintree in early 2019, it was the only available payment solution in our region that was integrated with the online reservation system we are using. So what we liked most was its availability to us, and we weren't too picky about the other aspects as long as it was usable, which it was. We recently discontinued the use of Braintree since another, better option became available in our region.

Cons

The software itself works okay but the security / anti-fraud settings that we had to apply were determined by Braintree based on the account activity. A year or two ago, we had one instance when someone was trying to use multiple cards during 1-2 days (possibly with crooked intentions) and as a result, we were obligated to change our security settings which are still in force today, and which resulted...

Had To Hire A Developer To Integrate Braintree With My Site

The set up process took much longer than I expected.

Pros

About half of my customer base prefers using PayPal over direct credit card payments, so I chose to go with Braintree as my payment processor because they are a subsidiary of PayPal.

Cons

Setting up Braintree was difficult, in my opinion. Knowledge of API coding was required, and I had to hire a knowledgable developer to get this service integrated with my web site.

Simple and efficient payment solution

Braintree makes it easier for your customers to pay you. What could be better !? It's a highly efficient and unobtrusive payment solution that works very well with your PayPal account.

Pros

Disbursement reports are comprehensive. The interface is simple and understandable. Integration is seamless, and we have never had any issues with syncing.

Cons

Braintree matches all competitors from a price point perspective. Could it be a little cheaper ? Yeah, that'd be great. But it does it's job well and is worth the price.

Secure way to outsource payments

Pros

It is fairly mainstream, so it invokes trust. I like that it’s now part of PayPal. It rarely has outages or breaches that I know of.

Cons

I think to get additional security features you need to integrate with add-one like Sift.

Braintree gets the job done but there are better options

Pros

When we used Braintree, we never had issues with their application going down. Our customers didn't experience downtime due to Braintree's app not working, which we appreciated.

Cons

The search function wasn't great and the advanced search option provided way too many options that it only confused me.

Braintree Payments is a simple option for online payment processing

Pros

Online credit card payment processing for merchants is a tricky business. I've used several companies over the years and to me, the most annoying part is the alphabet soup of hidden, indecipherable fees that monthly statements contain. Braintree does away with that and charges the same rate for almost all payment types. Maybe there are slightly cheaper options but for me that simplicity and transparency is critical.

Cons

Their customer support is by e-mail only. Fortunately I almost never need it.

Easy-to-use service

i am huge fan of PayPal, we all have phones and we can have the software available anywhere we go and makes it super easy to use.

Pros

this is awesome service to use. this is another type of the payments that we take in my shop and having this available to my customers it helps us and my customers alot when it comes to making a purchase.

Cons

once or twice i had experience bug with the system, but no need to worry. customer service took care of it right away and they were with me the whole time until the bug was fixed.

Overall great service

been using for over 3 years and have had no issues with the service

Pros

Using the API with my website was simple enough to set up and everything just works. customer support is helpful when I had a query

Cons

changing account details took a some work as features like this are well hidden within menus. the settings should be easier to find

Braintree

Braintree software is amazing software that helps individuals and organisations to make the world easier in teams of files keeping and other necessary documents , it also help to build personal or business forms

Pros

Braintree software gives you the opportunity to operate weather online or offline

Cons

Fact that you can operate offline doesn't mean you have access to all your files, and also to get access to the tools that are very important it goes with a cool price

Powerful and easy to use payment processor

Pros

It supports many different payment methods (credit card, paypal, google pay, apple pay, etc). Braintree also has great security tools to prevent most fraud.

Cons

The fees are a bit high compared to competitors and they are raising the fees again shortly.

Braintree is a scam, avoid at all costs. Read on....

Pros

No pros. Avoid at all costs. Read below.

Cons

Braintree Payments  (a PayPal company) is a scam and nobody should sign up for it, just like it's parent company is a scam.  We have used it for exactly 10 days before we had to pull the plug from using it. This is the story - we are a Cyprus based company (EU) but our eCommerce website's main currency is USD. When we signed up with  Braintree Payments, we have told them that we would like to be paid...

Solid payment processor

Pros

We specifically use Braintree as their marketplace solution is one of the most flexible and requires the least input from the marketplace users. Basically none of the competitor can match this particular feature set.

Cons

In other regards Braintree simply isn't as good as their competitors. It's a clunky interface and the APIs just aren't that powerful compared to what's available through Stripe, Paypal and several others.

I love using Braintree

i have been using it to help my buisness to make things go more easy and smoothly.

Pros

i love how it is easy to manage money for me and my employe and splitting it for a fair price. This site is a good site for companies at any size

Cons

i didnt like that it was a little hard to manage sertain things on the site, like the profile.

The paypal it is good

Pros

I like this site for its simplicity, it provides many options for users, and the safety rate is high

Cons

Sometimes there is a decrease in the main user interface and a delay in receiving payments

Paypal site evaluation

Pros

This beautiful site provides an electronic payment service simply, very safely and quickly.

Cons

Some of the problems that we may face are the graphic interface of the site. We sometimes face difficulty or need a little time to download, but it is a great site

The best way to transfer funds

Pros

I like the easy conversation and also how I can purchase things more safer

Cons

Actually nothing real it’s ok for me .😌

PayPal opens you up to fraud

Pros

It is easy to use and set up. As integrations are already built.

Good program

Good experience

Pros

One of the coolest things about this site is the speed of sending money

Cons

The most negative thing I have witnessed but not very often is the heavy interface of the website

Stay away from Braintree, it will steal your time, your nerves and your money

Pros

There are none, only if you have to too much money you want to get rid of or your live is too nice and you want it to be miserable choose Braintree

Cons

Nothing, absolutely nothing. It's a pain to get started, it is horrible to use, the gateway is designed by sadistic coders and it is the unsafest system available. Scammers and fraud artist will hit you when they see you use Braintree, then Braintree will freeze your account and take your money. Stay as far from this system as possible.

Love this online payment option

No major complaints with Braintree, quick and easy transactions

Pros

I love how simple it is to use Braintree and the speed that transactions are settled. No major issues...

Cons

The fees I have think are a little high.. still less than Stripe so I'll take it. But you pay for what you get... no major complaints.