Sitefinity Reviews

Pros

Very user friendly and well documented, customer support is the best I ever had if you have a license, and okay if you don't have a license.

Naden A.

Ali K.

Naden A.

John D.

Ann D.

3.4

Sitefinity is a strong CMS with very scaleable capabilities.

It manages our site content very well, and provides the level of analytics we need.

Pros

Sitefinity has strengths surrounding template management, document management, and page creation. The drag-and-drop capabilities are very useful, and are easy to brand with HTML and CSS. Our team uses this CMS for both of our corporate websites, and use multi-site management to switch from each site. If you are managing multiple websites, this is a great feature.

Cons

Publishing pages, and making significant changes to the website can often slow it down for a couple of minutes, or take some time to initialize. Not a big deal, but visitors during that time will be greeted with a "Initializing" message.

Professional cloud base CMS deploy from Azure

This is a good CMS for someone who is new to the site or companies who needs a professional site and does not know where to start and who needs professional and committed support. Because as someone who has been active in the field of IT and internet business consulting for more than 14 years, setting up a website is a separate issue, and maintaining and developing it is another issue and you should always have an IT expert and support team by your side. Sitefinity can be one of your best options.

Pros

It's so professional and easy to use Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) CMS with professional team support. No need to constantly update or maintain files and backups. All you need is them on a secure cloud under Microsoft Azure. If you are a content author or webmaster this platform simplifies your tasks for updating content, managing files, and maintaining the site, and is smart automation under the cloud.

Cons

Features are good by default, some unnecessary parts may be disabled, it is better so that unnecessary JavaScript code does not slow down the site.

Complex, confusing, old-fashioned

In the modern age of lean-yet-extensible software, Sitefinity seems to me like a relic of an age that software developers collectively decided should disappear. I was asked to develop a Sitefinity extension for a client's website, and the experience has been a consistently miserable one from start to finish. First of all, I find it hard to understand the value proposition of a closed-source, statically...

Pros

Cons

Complexity, complexity, complexity.

A good CMS to begin

Not bad for a basic content website or web application.

Pros

Sitefinity requires some level of development skills to deliver a good customizable website. Overall it has most of the features and capabilities expected on a typical CMS. I would like to suggest this for beginners or projects that are tight with .NET technologies.

Cons

Doesn't have many features out of the box. You need some level of development skills to produce a customizable site.

Full Featured Mature CMS

Sitefinity is a fairly lightweight .NET based CMS which means that you can customize it just about however you need. That is for better or worse.

Pros

Compared to other .NET based CMS we looked at: Very low learning curve, able to get up and running quickly. Updates come quickly and with features and fixes from the community. Able to handle thousands of pages.

Cons

Some features are finnicky especially during upgrades. Backend interface isn't yet consistent, but that is improving. Caching options are lacking.

Sitefinity, as CMSs go, doesn't really offer anything that makes it worth the cost of a license

Sitefinity is not necessarily "the worst CMS ever" but it definitely doesn't make my top 3. If this were an open-source CMS and, therefore, had more community support I think it could really go far. The jab on it being based on Microsoft languages is mostly just a personal schtick.

Pros

While I'm not really a fan of most of Sitefinity I do rather enjoy that most of the time it is pretty easy to use with straight forward drag and drop style editing.

Cons

Sitefinity is lacking a strong community with actual helpful/timely answers, their documentation on their site is very difficult to find anything unless you are a power user, some of the options/settings are nowhere near where you would expect them to be, there is a license fee for a CMS that is easily free/open-source from other names out there, and the whole thing is written on Microsoft technologies which I guess you could say is a pro to some. When I've come across a bug or issue using the editor I have no clue how to resolve it because of these cons and it results in simple tasks taking way longer than needed.

Content and Website hosting with lots of features but very expensive

Pros

We switched to Sitefinity for our website hosting. The transition was seamless and it offers a lot of features including ecommerce and check-out purchasing. Easy to edit some web pages and a nice design template. Our website looks very modern and slick.

Cons

The price is the main issue. We ended up not using many of the features we thought we needed for Sitefinity so the price wasn't worth it for us. But overall, a very expensive solution compared to WordPress. Their page builders aren't as easy as wordpress. Their content block features make it difficult for non-web developers to build webpages.

Excellent value for the money

We switched to the Sitefinity platform in 2012 and really like this very affordable proprietary solution that is simple to maintain.

Pros

I went from being the only person inputting content onto our website to an admin that was able to show product managers how to easily input their own content. As a result, we have many more web pages than ever before.

Cons

A few weird little glitches with their "MVC" content widgets.

Great, easy to use landing page platform

Pros

Easy to create and maintain templates. Editor is easy for anyone to use, even if they have no experience in HTML. Good file and folder structure for organizing landing pages into groups.

Cons

Image and media management structure could be refined - lots of manual work to organize and sort through file trees if you have lots of media that you're hosting.

Security problems which you pay to correct.

Pros

Better Content Management System than we used to have, but that wasn't a high bar.

Cons

Customer Service is awful. They found severe security problems recently and "the highest levels of management" decided that their customers must bear the cost of upgrading to a more secure version. The ability to manage blogs on your website is very poor. If you're using marketing software with your website like HubSpot, good luck getting the linkage to work with Sitefinity.

Enterprise Level CMS

Sitefinity is a powerful CMS that is built for extensibility without sacrificing the ease of use content editors want and need. Great out of box starting point with an intuitive drag and drop page and template designer. There a vast assortment of built in widgets allowing non-developers the means to create blogs, news, custom dynamic content, site search, navigations, and the list goes on and on....

Pros

Easy to use and develop for. Highly extensible for developers. Many built in integrations for third party systems. Granular permissions. Ability to sync content across instances. Many many many more features.

Cons

Upgrades in the past could be difficult but with the newer releases this has become much easier.

An excellent CMS choice using .Net and Windows based system

It is a great CMS tool using .Net technology; Great performance, especially now having the option of PaaS in Azure; Lightweight in terms of setup and running it;

Pros

An entirely web-based authoring interface with rich features/functionalities; Drag-and-drop capabilities for managing complex layouts; Ability to provide predefined templates for pages - Master and secondary levels, etc.; Support for page templates sharing between websites;

Cons

The toolboxes for customized components sometimes very trick for trouble shouting; Adding new templates/layouts with drop in components are not easy

While it is easy to use, the functionality of it is not very good and hard to change.

It's been a pretty easy CMS to navigate so that is definitely a benefit.

Pros

I like that it is pretty easy to use the CMS. It's pretty easy to learn. I didn't have any formal training on the platform and pretty much taught myself how to use it. So, that is definitely a plus.

Cons

I don't like that the functionality of the software is so strict. I think the customer service could definitely be better. And, I feel the quality matches the value.

Drag, Drop and Build Your New Site

I'm satisfied with my experience with Sitefinity. The support team has always been very useful and responds within a reasonable amount of time.

Pros

For the most part, this software is easy to use . There are plenty of page templates to get you started and the drag and drop feature makes it easy to build the structure of your pages. You can make edits at a page level, or a template level. If several pages require the same edit, it can be easily fixed on the template level.

Cons

There are so many issues with getting logged out and pages being unintentionally locked. It's a real pain if you don't have admin permissioning and are unable to unlock pages on demand. While the locked page issue can be annoying, it does help prevent unwanted changes from being saved or pushed live.

I would check into other opportunities

Pros

The software allows you to set up various user levels and access. It is also easy to clone pages and edit text.

Cons

The site structure is very limiting. There is little to no support. Once the site is setup, you better like it because to change it is very difficult. It's outdated and not nearly as good as other options out there.

World Class Product Sitefinity 9.*

It's modularity is one of the best features, a lot of mobile responsive capabilities, builtin web api that exposes your services without an extra line of code. very user friendly and well documented, customer support is the best I ever had if you have a license, and okay if you don't have a license.

Pros

Ease of use, developer friendly, admin friendly, user friendly, modularity, mobile ready, scalable, builtin multilanguage support, secury, user management, quick development.

Cons

not the best price for small budget

User friendly and great for customers while being flexible to setup for developers

Pros

I love the custom modules and the flexibility they offer to create a very user friendly experience for my customers!

Cons

What I like least about this software is the lack of out of the box features and the relatively small and underwhelming marketplace for add ons.

I have used Sitefinity in the past and it's a good web content management system. It's user-friendly

Pros

- If you are good at HTML, you can code on your own to make your site customizable - Good tool for SEO - Pricing is not mentioned on the website so if I have to go back to using it, I'd have to request a quote - Found it extremely easy to create new pages, add images etc. - Used it while working for a tech-company, hence, it was important for us to use a good CMS.

Cons

- If you mess up the HTML by a simple copy+paste action, you have to fix it before you can continue adding content - There were a few issues with image naming convention (images would get replaced) which later had to be fixed manually by our tech team.

Sitefinity Review

I've used Sitefinity for over five years now. While it is easy to navigate and use, it is very structured. I wish it offered more opportunities to cater content just for mobile users.

Pros

The CMS is pretty easy to navigate and use.

Cons

I wish the software was more mobile friendly.

Best CMS software available

I have used Sitefinity for two large corporate websites, for B2B and B2C. Their software is very easy to use and is a good value for the cost.

Pros

Cons

none

One that I recommend trying out

Being a new user, I was looking for a way to better organize, personalize and dynamically edit content within a new platform, and I have been able to accomplish many of these goals in this program. I am still in the process of learning about some of the newer features of the program; I found that what I've been able to learn so far has significantly helped me and my coworkers understand how to navigate through the program.

Pros

The features inside the program make it simple to organize folders, map out all sections of my website, and organize published content according to name and when content was last modified.

Cons

I haven't been able to get many thorough answers to some questions I've had about integrating web templates; after looking over some content on their help site I wasn't satisfied with the information that was made available.

An ok CMS - best to look elsewhere

I have a client who has been using Sitefinity for the past 7 years. For an end user who is not very tech-savvy, the interface is very cumbersome. I wind up doing a lot of content changes for them in the CMS since it is so complicated. Even for me as a developer, things are not intuitive. I've had more problems with updates and upgrades than I can count, and their customer support department is very lacking.

Pros

It fulfills our need for a CMS.

Cons

- Terrible customer support - Lots of issues with bugs - Non-intuitive backend

Sitefinity

Pros

It is a very robust CMS platform with many features

Cons

It is very expensive compared to similar CMS platforms

Stuck in 1999

Plagued with bugs. I wish we used other software but our other apps are too tied into Sitefinity to currently change.

Pros

The best thing about Sitefinity is that it works well with all of the other applications we use. It is secure between applications as well.

Cons

Built for developers. Not easy to use for non-developer users. Also lots of bugs. Receive an "error code 0" often

Progress Sitefinity Review

I would definitely recommend this product to my colleagues.

Pros

The interface is very user-friendly and lets us use the platform to a wide range of users across the business. Workflows make content approval possible before it goes live.

Cons

More third-party integrations would definitely help but its not really a drawback. Better documentation would really help.