Stripe Billing Reviews

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.88/10

Reviews by rating

It does have a powerful dashboard full of features, a great customer service to guide you through any circumstance you need help with.
It is super easy to get running and use. It has tutorials and forums to help you understand and a great layout which makes everything super accessible.
It has been an excellent experience and I would recommend it to other small business owners like myself.
The only bit about this software that is frustrating is that it takes a while for the money to arrive in your bank.
Stipe Has Limitations and Difficult to Work With.

MA

Mark A.

Freelance Photographer

Photography, 1-10 employees

Stroi

Transcript

Mark A.: Hi, my name's Mark. I run a company called M&R Photography here in the UK. We are a photographers....

Koen V.

health coach

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Great tool for online entrepreneurs

Transcript

Koen V.: Hi, my name is Koen. I'm a vegan, health and fitness coach. And I gave Stripe a 4 out of 5 rating....

Lee M.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Once it's set up - super easy

On the whole, I'd highly recommend - it integrates beautifully and hides in the background, taking payments for you.

Pros

How easy it is to integrate with e-commerce. I've used it for 2 websites I've designed for selling service products. It's completely seamless, and depending where you integrate, the reporting can be done from the platform. In my case that's Squarespace.

Cons

Once a client forget their password and the process of recovering the account was long and difficult.

Khaled H.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Pros

Eas of use, and having a mobile app made it much easier to track payments

Cons

there are some features that need technical knowledge to be implemented, like: "Update billing info Form"

BH

Barb H.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Stripe

Used once for a conference and then had to set up again for another conference. Was unable to do so as they required information which was different than previous. Was unable to set up payment because of Stripe's new restrictions. Strip was slow to respond to questions and did not solve the issue. We had to accept cash at the event as well as had to invoice people.

Pros

First use was successful but second time was not.

Cons

Unhelpful feedback from Stripe employees.

NL

Nick L.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Great solution for small business

Been using for 3 years in a small business setting

Pros

It is easy to use for collecting payments by debit and credit card. It is a platform our customers are confortable with and they dont encounter any problems making payment.

Cons

Not always easy to understand fee structure

AW

Andrew W.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Best for SaaS Startups

Pros

Stripe's billing features, especially Checkout, make the platform a dream to use. Their ability to sign up immediately with no onboarding call removes such a barrier to entry for the platform. The best part is that Stripe's Checkout product will create a no-code checkout, absolving you from handwriting checkout flows for your customer, saving countless hours.

Cons

I personally have had no issues with Stripe's support, however, I have heard many stories of people being denied access to the platform for a multitude of reasons that don't make a ton of sense. Additionally, the chargeback fees are quite predatory, with a $15 **non-refundable** dispute fee which renders business losing $$ on chargebacks for products <$15

Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees

Still not easy to navigate and understand by a non-developer

Good, but could be much better and easier.

Pros

It's so essential to so many online businesses and does so many detailed things. I love that I can essentially use it for free and only get charged when a client makes a payment. I love that recurring billings, products and subscriptions can be created easily. I also love that I can see the whole past history of any customer.

Cons

It still needs to be simplified to be understood by a non-developer. There are fees that are not too transparent or still confusing as I have customers all over the world and have to pay differing charges. Overall, it doesn't make me confident at all to use Stripe Billing as a stand-alone tool for all my invoicing, billing and subscription needs.

SG

Sonya G.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Stripe payments and billing

Very fast to get used to and amazing to simplify work.

Pros

It is very user-friendly, there are a lot of features that simplify and accelerate the working process. Payment exports can be done when needed with customizable data and timeframes.

Cons

No notifications exist for the automatically cancelled subscriptions, which is hard to follow when there are many customers to receive payments from and money may be lost that way.

Egor U.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Used other for 2+ years

Good billing processor

I use Stripe as an alternative payment method along with other payment processors. Some people may prefer Strip over others Most of my online products and subscription plans are set up with Stripe.

Pros

If Paypal would not be that integrated everywhere I would only use Stripe. - modern dashboard - easy to find your way around - easy to find things - great API integrations - except any credit cards - a little better fees than Paypal - the option to withdraw the money with Instant Payout for as little as 1% of the payout amount - ability to have a customized online storefront at no cost - very good friendly and carrying support via chat available 24/7 and responding immediately

Cons

Not many Cons except in some cases you may need some developers skill but the Stipe support is always there to help you till you're all set

Real Estate, 201-500 employees

Stripe

We use this software all day every day to collect payments, and issue refunds if needed. It is amazing!

Pros

This has been such a great software to use to collect all the payments from our customers. It is easy and reliable, and very transparent.

Cons

Honestly, we haven't found anything that we don't like about this software, it has worked well for us from day 1.

AK

Amanda K.

Hospitality, self-employed

A valuable addition to my business.

Happy with the solution and have recommended it to several others

Pros

For me the acceptance of credit cards is a valuable addition to my booking website and Stripe offers an integrated and seamless solution that has served me well for 2.5 years

Cons

Payment a full 7 days after receipt of funds is slow and I understand some other customers get it in 3 or 5 days. I would have hoped that my payment history would have built sufficiently by now to get the best terms.

Cristian F.

Retail, 1-10 employees

High fees, but worth it for your ecommerce

Pros

This is a must if you have an e-commerce store. The fees are high, in my opinion, but the software is something you cannot do without. You can add Paypal for example, but Stripe is fundamental for charging by credit card. The WordPress/WooCommerce plugin is great.

Cons

The fees are somewhat high in my opinion.

CP

Chris P.

Sports, 1-10 employees

Must Have For Your Business

Awesome experience, and use it as much as I can when I can!

Pros

Very easy and simple to use interface. Easy to navigate and get a read on your business transactions.

Cons

Wish the software I use now would incorporate a stripe option!

MY

Mike Y.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Glowing Review - One Of The Best Payment Processors

Excellent. Highly recommend this over any other payment processing platforms.

Pros

Without a shadow of a doubt, Stripe is one of the best payment processors out there. From integrations with web platforms, the ease of use, creating invoices, and everything in between that's needed for a small business. I completely trust Stripe and use the payment processor.

Cons

I would prefer lower fees and faster transfers, but as it is - I'm still satisfied with their service.

DS

Danielle S.

Mental Health Care, self-employed

Stripe for payments - it’s a great product

Excellent product.

Pros

This is a Very easy to use and user friendly. It keeps client information confidential. If it’s berry affordable and a fair price.

Cons

It would great if it were slightly quickly with depositing money into the business account. It typically takes 3 days or 4 if it’s over the weekend.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Fantastic

it was convenient for running cards and it was fast

Pros

It was easy to use, i likes the emailed statements after each closing day. it had a great work flow to it

Cons

No cons really the support staff was great never a problem no wait time on the phone an always got the answer i needed

RS

Rachel S.

Accounting, 51-200 employees

Stripe usage

Pros

We use Stripe billing everyday to process payments, and handle disputes.

Cons

One thing I do not like about this program is when it comes to our disputes. If we are to lose a dispute, we do not receive information as too why. It would be extremely helpful and beneficial to our company if we knew that information for future disputes etc.

Media Production, 1,001-5,000 employees

The standard for online payments

I've been very impressed by Stripe Billings offering and would recommend to others - it's really the standrd I feel.

Pros

I liked Stripe Bilings documentation and features the most. For documentation it's top notch, offing clear, easy to follow instructions and examples, really making an engineers life easier. The features Stripe Billing allows for are also industry standard and top notch.

Cons

Stripe does take a decent percentage of each transaction which can be hard to stomach, BUT in return you get a world class billing product, without having to worry about so many things yourself.

BL

Beth L.

Education Management, self-employed

Stripe just makes it easy!

Pros

It's easy to set up and integrates with just about everything.

Cons

It's hard to find specific transactions and payments in their User Interface. Filtering and searching are abysmal.

CC

Caryn C.

Education Management, 10,001+ employees

Mostly good, couple of mini issues

Pros

I like that for the most part, I don't have any issues with processing payments.

Cons

No ability to issue partial refunds is a bit frustrating at times.

NN

Namusoke N.

Broadcast Media, 51-200 employees

Easy to set up

The tool helps us in collecting payments as an alternative for PayPal

Pros

Stripe integrates with WordPress, WooCommerce and WHMCS the tools that I use for my businesses and does not require any technical knowledge

Cons

The charges per transactions are high and the refund to customers takes long time than they could wait for you which kills trust, they easily flag accounts

SJ

Starène Juldanie N.

Telecommunications, 201-500 employees

A fast and transparent Stripe Billing management software

Pros

I appreciated the speed and ease in receiving money and the transparency in the follow-up of the fractures

Cons

I didn't like the customer service of the software, because the live chat of the service is not good.

Hayley W.

Mental Health Care, self-employed

Stripe Works Well for My Needs

Pros

It's so easy to bill my clients with Stripe. They enter their card info and with one click I can process their payment.

Cons

Stripe did not recognize me as a health care provider at first and it took some customer service back and forth before I was able to process payments with HSA cards.

AM

Amanda M.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 1-10 employees

Easy to use payment facility

Easy to use, critical to my cashflow

Pros

Easily manages my memebrship direct debits. Can also use for events and retail sales

Cons

Would like feature to debit Australian bank accounts - BSB and Account rather than only credit cards

LL

Lokwatamoi L.

Entertainment, self-employed

Used other for 2+ years

Effective and safe way to accept payments

Pros

I think that it is trustworthy and has a good reputation which is essential for accepting customer payments.

Cons

I always consider cost and features. I think that Stripe is a good combination of both. I have zero complaints.

CL

Ceroma L.

Nonprofit Organization Management, self-employed

Great too for all fundraising and events

Good

Pros

It is very easy to use and to link to other platforms

Cons

Se up can and verification can be difficult