All categories

Stripe Billing Reviews

Pros

It is super easy to get running and use. It has tutorials and forums to help you understand and a great layout which makes everything super accessible.

Miguel R.

This has been such a great software to use to collect all the payments from our customers. It is easy and reliable, and very transparent.

Very straightforward to setup and use. Support has been good and I'm impressed that they continue to add new features.

Jeremy K.

Cons

The only bit about this software that is frustrating is that it takes a while for the money to arrive in your bank.

Matt H.

Difficult and time-consuming to figure out and set up.

Pam P.

Stipe Has Limitations and Difficult to Work With.

Karen P.

4.6

Perfect for one time payments and recurring

Very satisfied. Definitely great for when you are starting out and even with an established business.

Pros

I like that I can use it directly as well as integrate it with my own point of sale system. I used to have to pay for a software that could do both one time payments and automatic recurring subscriptions but this beat them out. I work mostly from my computer and its easy to get into and if I can't remember how to do one functions I can easily get what I need from their support forums or support chat.

Cons

Only thing this won't do is notify me if a payment doesn't go through, but there is a quick fix for that. I just use zapier and now I receive an email notification if that happens. Oh and I had a chargeback once I'd like to see an option to upload multiple documents for disputes not just one. I get that there is only so much file size available in messages plus my contract took care of that issue.

The best payment gateway

Mostly great, like I said, the learning curve isn't the shortest, but as they have lots of options (that, after going through that learning curve you'll find they're needed in order to give your customers the best options and support) you'll be able to offer a great service for your clients, no need to get in trouble with clients because of the payment gateway.

Pros

They take privacy in a very serious way. And they know their product is used mostly by developers, so their site has plenty of support, examples forums and every kind of resource that makes it easier for developers to implement payments on any platform. Also, they have options to manage clients and subscriptions that can be billed for in a fixed period of time, give them free trials, etc. Their commissions aren't the cheapest, but I consider they aren't also very expensive. Another thing that we liked is that they keep developing their offer, like accepting payments via convenience stores (currently in beta while i'm writing this review)

Cons

It has a big learning curve. At first it's difficult to get familiar with all the concepts they use for their different parts of the process, I wasn't able to find a simple tutorial on their site (found some in external sites).

Stripe Review

Stripe is a fantastic online-only credit card processor with reasonable processing rates and little hidden fees. Businesses with developers that can create a custom online e-commerce experience would benefit from the free and straightforward API. Businesses with limited technological resources will be forced to pay extra for an e-commerce solution.

Pros

Stripe is very straight forward when it comes to making online payments. Stripe charges a flat fee for accepting online credit card payments. The company has excellent developer tools, predictable flat-rate pricing, advanced reporting tools, integrates properly with Xero accounting software. excellent marketplace tools, exceptional subscription tools, multi-currency support and its ideal for international merchants. Stripe offers secure transactions, easy to use reporting features and consistent service.

Cons

It’s UI could be improved. There isn't a clear breakdown of fees when it comes to volume discounts. There is no automatic tax assistance. This is the most important one for us. Stripe allows you to define tax rates for customers that need to process complex tax scenarios like collecting VAT or GST, but your software team must build out the infrastructure to support appropriate collection. In the future, I hope Stripe improves its built-in tax support.

Stipe Has Limitations and Difficult to Work With

It is like using software from the 1990s. This is great to use because you do not need a landline but they need to add functionality such as taking a credit card in the field or in the store without an internet connection.

Pros

I like that I can take payments via my ecommerce website.

Cons

I cannot input a custom note to the customer. I have to have too much info to run a credit card such as billing address. This is very cumbersome. I need to have a credit card swipe to bypass having to key in a lot more info. I have asked customer service about this and they say someone will call to discuss but that has never happened

Good billing processor

I use Stripe as an alternative payment method along with other payment processors. Some people may prefer Strip over others Most of my online products and subscription plans are set up with Stripe.

Pros

If Paypal would not be that integrated everywhere I would only use Stripe. - modern dashboard - easy to find your way around - easy to find things - great API integrations - except any credit cards - a little better fees than Paypal - the option to withdraw the money with Instant Payout for as little as 1% of the payout amount - ability to have a customized online storefront at no cost - very good friendly and carrying support via chat available 24/7 and responding immediately

Cons

Not many Cons except in some cases you may need some developers skill but the Stipe support is always there to help you till you're all set

Simply the Best Subscription Management

Stripe Billing was easy to use overall, simple enough to deploy, and has a wonderful support portal and team to solve any other issues you have!

Pros

I used Stripe to manage Saas recurring billing with a few unique models, and it handled each of them after some integration work. It is a very product/business friendly tool that makes it easy to spin up new SKUs/products, discount dynamically, and analyze your sales. Stripe also integrates masterfully well with other reporting tools. I appreciated the work they put into automatically handling security and authentication as well, as it eased the burden on development.

Cons

Stripe can be hard to implement without at least some domain expertise on the team, and if your model is non-traditional. Doing things like highwater billing or multi-SKU billing on software utilization (seats vs. instances) can be a real challenge, and require coding on your side to roll up the right numbers. However, these are edge cases, and the core product works exactly as described.

Tricky to navigate interface but a better business option than PayPal

Pros

It is more reliable than PayPal for business use. I haven't had any account freezes yet (which had become an issue with PayPal).

Cons

The user experience could definitely use some work. The interface is a little tricky to navigate.

Stripe

We use this software all day every day to collect payments, and issue refunds if needed. It is amazing!

Pros

Cons

Honestly, we haven't found anything that we don't like about this software, it has worked well for us from day 1.

The standard for online payments

I've been very impressed by Stripe Billings offering and would recommend to others - it's really the standrd I feel.

Pros

I liked Stripe Bilings documentation and features the most. For documentation it's top notch, offing clear, easy to follow instructions and examples, really making an engineers life easier. The features Stripe Billing allows for are also industry standard and top notch.

Cons

Stripe does take a decent percentage of each transaction which can be hard to stomach, BUT in return you get a world class billing product, without having to worry about so many things yourself.

Stripe Quality

Overall experience with Stripe billing has been extremely positive.

Pros

The convenience of Stripe is the absolute best reason to use it. You can plug it in on a website. It eliminates the need to sign up for a swiper. We can send out links and people can pay online.

Cons

The only con with Stripe Billing is it slightly more expensive than other services. Apparently there is a word min for this box, but we seriously do not have any other cons for this product.

Pros

Eas of use, and having a mobile app made it much easier to track payments

Cons

there are some features that need technical knowledge to be implemented, like: "Update billing info Form"

Pretty much the service used by everyone for online courses

Difficult and time-consuming to figure out and set up. Took 2 days so far. I recommend that you use someone that already is set up with Stripe and does everything for you... Kajabi, Magento, etc. You will still have to set up the basic account, but hopefully these providers have step-by-step instructions specifically for their platform.

Pros

Excellent customer service, top notch! Detailed help (too difficult for me in most cases). Seems like the most reliable and security conscious, which is why I think all the course hosting platforms are using them.

Cons

They will process your customer's credit card, but you have to install a shopping cart. You can do this in multiple ways. I thought it was very very difficult to figure out which way is best. They have a shopping cart that has less features than competitors, and they also have another one that you have to be very technical to install. Stripe Checkout wouldn't install on my hosting provider for my website because their software is 7 years outdated. So I had to find someone else's checkout. No choice. Stripe has a list of checkout, carts, etc. But they are all mixed together. The one I chose from their list was not good, so I don't think they check them out very much.

Stripe easy integration

We are running Stripe On-Site and Stripe billing in parallel. With Stripe on-site we have good conversion and complete control on recurring transactions we can charge the recurring and apply the discount on run time by running a simple cron whenever we want but with Stripe billing you loose that control and you have to modify the recurring from Stripe dashboard. However Stripe billing provides you better conversion.

Pros

We were using Stripe on-site which increased our conversion rate and had hold on recurring transactions but to compare the difference between on-site and Stripe Billing we integrated the Stripe billing and found that Stripe Billing increased our conversion than the previous Stripe on-site integration. Stripe billing provides built-in dunning management.

Cons

You loose the complete control of recurring transactions and have to use Stripe dashboard to update the recurring transactions.

Great for MRR

Overall i'm happy with Stipe Billign and will continue to use it

Pros

We use this mainly for our MRR clients where we can set it up for the customer and forget it. Nice to not have to bill a customer every month.

Cons

I don't like that you cant pro-rate a month of service, this makes it difficult to keep billing dates consistent

Fantastic

it was convenient for running cards and it was fast

Pros

It was easy to use, i likes the emailed statements after each closing day. it had a great work flow to it

Cons

No cons really the support staff was great never a problem no wait time on the phone an always got the answer i needed

The best way to collect subscription fees!

I used stripe to handle a high volume of daily subscription charges and could not be happier with my experience!

Pros

Stripe is the most reliable subscription billing service in the game. If you have lots of subscriptions that you need charged / processed, then make sure to use stripe because they will make your processes simple, customized, and most importantly secure

Cons

I do wish that, if and when a credit card does not process through because of human error entering info wrong, all the card would not disappear. This is likely a security measure, however would make the user experience better.

Stripe usage

Pros

We use Stripe billing everyday to process payments, and handle disputes.

Cons

One thing I do not like about this program is when it comes to our disputes. If we are to lose a dispute, we do not receive information as too why. It would be extremely helpful and beneficial to our company if we knew that information for future disputes etc.

Stripe billing review

Overall this product is a breeze to use! I get email notifications all the time if there is activity and I get payouts quickly and efficiently.

Pros

I use this product for the squarespace website and it's so easy to use! It gives me all my sales information and it's very clear when I'll get paid out.

Cons

Only downside is they take a transaction fee however it's really not that much so it's no big deal. Great asset for my website

Stripe is wonderful!

We're using it to collect and refund payments from customers. It's been great!!!!

Pros

Stripe makes it really easy to help customers out with any issue they may have related to billing issues.

Cons

Nothing! The recent redesign is really smooth and nice. It doesn't leave anything to desire and everything is easy to find! It's great!

Great product to do reoccurring payments

Pros

This software is great for setting up payment plans and reoccurring payments, it will collect payment and send the client an invoice

Cons

Mainly use it for disputes, and it makes the process simple

Stripe Billing is easy to use, as it is all mapped out for you

Pros

Responding to disputes is very simple, time-consuming but there isn't much that Stripe can do about that part

Cons

Having to download every conversation with a customer via PDF takes a lot of time

Quality option for billing customers and collecting payment

I've had a very positive experience with all facets of Stripe billing from reliability and support to product improvements.

Pros

Cons

Can be a little cumbersome to manage and oversee billing for a lot of different clients. Could use some better tools to oversee things.

Stripe makes payment processing simplified

Overall, even with the higher processing fees, it's hard not to enjoy the ease of use and seamless integration offered by Stripe.

Pros

The integration of stripe within current software and accounts is a very enticing element and makes deployment much more seamless.

Cons

The transaction fees are far and away the biggest deterrent to using stripe with payment processing and billing.

Easy to integrate, powerful features

Pros

Very easy to set up and a suite of powerful features.

Cons

Less advanced features than some subscription management platforms, but then much much lower costs too.

Effective and safe way to accept payments

It has been an excellent experience and I would recommend it to other small business owners like myself.

Pros

I think that it is trustworthy and has a good reputation which is essential for accepting customer payments.

Cons

I always consider cost and features. I think that Stripe is a good combination of both. I have zero complaints.