Stripe Billing Reviews

User ratings

4.7

• Likelihood to recommend8.7/10

See full reviews by rating

It is super easy to get running and use. It has tutorials and forums to help you understand and a great layout which makes everything super accessible.
It has been an excellent experience and I would recommend it to other small business owners like myself.
Very straightforward to setup and use. Support has been good and I'm impressed that they continue to add new features.
The only bit about this software that is frustrating is that it takes a while for the money to arrive in your bank.
Stipe Has Limitations and Difficult to Work With.

Stripe Billing users...

Zoho Subscriptions-logocaret

Zoho Subscriptions

Womply-logocaret

Womply

How would you rate Stripe Billing?

Great tool for online entrepreneurs

Transcript

Koen V.: Hi, my name is Koen. I'm a vegan, health and fitness coach. And I gave Stripe a 4 out of 5 rating....

Perfect for one time payments and recurring

Very satisfied. Definitely great for when you are starting out and even with an established business.

Pros

I like that I can use it directly as well as integrate it with my own point of sale system. I used to have to pay for a software that could do both one time payments and automatic recurring subscriptions but this beat them out. I work mostly from my computer and its easy to get into and if I can't remember how to do one functions I can easily get what I need from their support forums or support chat.

Cons

Only thing this won't do is notify me if a payment doesn't go through, but there is a quick fix for that. I just use zapier and now I receive an email notification if that happens. Oh and I had a chargeback once I'd like to see an option to upload multiple documents for disputes not just one. I get that there is only so much file size available in messages plus my contract took care of that issue.

Simply the Best Subscription Management

Stripe Billing was easy to use overall, simple enough to deploy, and has a wonderful support portal and team to solve any other issues you have!

Pros

I used Stripe to manage Saas recurring billing with a few unique models, and it handled each of them after some integration work. It is a very product/business friendly tool that makes it easy to spin up new SKUs/products, discount dynamically, and analyze your sales. Stripe also integrates masterfully well with other reporting tools. I appreciated the work they put into automatically handling security and authentication as well, as it eased the burden on development.

Cons

Stripe can be hard to implement without at least some domain expertise on the team, and if your model is non-traditional. Doing things like highwater billing or multi-SKU billing on software utilization (seats vs. instances) can be a real challenge, and require coding on your side to roll up the right numbers. However, these are edge cases, and the core product works exactly as described.

Still not easy to navigate and understand by a non-developer

Good, but could be much better and easier.

Pros

It's so essential to so many online businesses and does so many detailed things. I love that I can essentially use it for free and only get charged when a client makes a payment. I love that recurring billings, products and subscriptions can be created easily. I also love that I can see the whole past history of any customer.

Cons

It still needs to be simplified to be understood by a non-developer. There are fees that are not too transparent or still confusing as I have customers all over the world and have to pay differing charges. Overall, it doesn't make me confident at all to use Stripe Billing as a stand-alone tool for all my invoicing, billing and subscription needs.

Stipe Has Limitations and Difficult to Work With

It is like using software from the 1990s. This is great to use because you do not need a landline but they need to add functionality such as taking a credit card in the field or in the store without an internet connection.

Pros

I like that I can take payments via my ecommerce website.

Cons

I cannot input a custom note to the customer. I have to have too much info to run a credit card such as billing address. This is very cumbersome. I need to have a credit card swipe to bypass having to key in a lot more info. I have asked customer service about this and they say someone will call to discuss but that has never happened

Great Payment Feature

Pros

Stripe is easy to use and set-up in a variety of apps. I can easily intergrade Stripe on registration form or event.

Cons

Unless you pay for a plan, customers can register but can bypass payment; leaving the accounting to follow up with individuals who did not have a Stripe account to collet another form of payment.

The best in its class

Stripe Billing is the best way to start receiving payments from your customers via online. It does have a powerful dashboard full of features, a great customer service to guide you through any circumstance you need help with. The payouts are consistent, and I find them to be the best alternative in the market after trying different providers.

Pros

Powerful invoicing system Recurring Payments capabilities Great graphical dashboard Top-notch customer support

Cons

The fees might be any lower than they are. 2.9% plus $0.3 plus 0.5% per recurring payments, increase the prices considerable, without counting on the federal taxes.

My Money

Pros

It's easy to set up products, coupons, pretty much all the choices I need to make my clients experience easy & simple

Cons

Wish they had an app, that would make my job easier to collect my money from one place only.

Must Have For Your Business

Awesome experience, and use it as much as I can when I can!

Pros

Very easy and simple to use interface. Easy to navigate and get a read on your business transactions.

Cons

Wish the software I use now would incorporate a stripe option!

Stripe for payments - it’s a great product

Excellent product.

Pros

This is a Very easy to use and user friendly. It keeps client information confidential. If it’s berry affordable and a fair price.

Cons

It would great if it were slightly quickly with depositing money into the business account. It typically takes 3 days or 4 if it’s over the weekend.

Stripe just makes it easy!

Pros

It's easy to set up and integrates with just about everything.

Cons

It's hard to find specific transactions and payments in their User Interface. Filtering and searching are abysmal.

The best payment gateway

Mostly great, like I said, the learning curve isn't the shortest, but as they have lots of options (that, after going through that learning curve you'll find they're needed in order to give your customers the best options and support) you'll be able to offer a great service for your clients, no need to get in trouble with clients because of the payment gateway.

Pros

They take privacy in a very serious way. And they know their product is used mostly by developers, so their site has plenty of support, examples forums and every kind of resource that makes it easier for developers to implement payments on any platform. Also, they have options to manage clients and subscriptions that can be billed for in a fixed period of time, give them free trials, etc. Their commissions aren't the cheapest, but I consider they aren't also very expensive. Another thing that we liked is that they keep developing their offer, like accepting payments via convenience stores (currently in beta while i'm writing this review)

Cons

It has a big learning curve. At first it's difficult to get familiar with all the concepts they use for their different parts of the process, I wasn't able to find a simple tutorial on their site (found some in external sites).

Awesome tool for billing management!

I would say I am very satisfied so far and glad that we switched to stripe! Making integrations from online payment forms is also a great feature that I love. I have and would keep recommending this platform to other business owners who want peace of mind in terms of keeping track on their revenue!

Pros

I really like how organized it is! From the dashboard to pulling up individual clients' profiles. History checking is great too making sure we don't miss any payments made whether they went through or got declined. Updating subscription with proration charge calculation is also very helpful -- one feature we didn't have from our previous vendor.

Cons

I would say I am have not tried adding a note to a specific charge or transaction-- it would have been nice to have this feature added in the future as it will be easier to back track why a certain amount was charged if there's an inconsistency with the regular pricing. This would really make a difference rather than going back and forth with our CRM to check for notes.

Stripe Review

Stripe is a fantastic online-only credit card processor with reasonable processing rates and little hidden fees. Businesses with developers that can create a custom online e-commerce experience would benefit from the free and straightforward API. Businesses with limited technological resources will be forced to pay extra for an e-commerce solution.

Pros

Stripe is very straight forward when it comes to making online payments. Stripe charges a flat fee for accepting online credit card payments. The company has excellent developer tools, predictable flat-rate pricing, advanced reporting tools, integrates properly with Xero accounting software. excellent marketplace tools, exceptional subscription tools, multi-currency support and its ideal for international merchants. Stripe offers secure transactions, easy to use reporting features and consistent service.

Cons

It’s UI could be improved. There isn't a clear breakdown of fees when it comes to volume discounts. There is no automatic tax assistance. This is the most important one for us. Stripe allows you to define tax rates for customers that need to process complex tax scenarios like collecting VAT or GST, but your software team must build out the infrastructure to support appropriate collection. In the future, I hope Stripe improves its built-in tax support.

Pros

Eas of use, and having a mobile app made it much easier to track payments

Cons

there are some features that need technical knowledge to be implemented, like: "Update billing info Form"

Pretty much the service used by everyone for online courses

Difficult and time-consuming to figure out and set up. Took 2 days so far. I recommend that you use someone that already is set up with Stripe and does everything for you... Kajabi, Magento, etc. You will still have to set up the basic account, but hopefully these providers have step-by-step instructions specifically for their platform.

Pros

Excellent customer service, top notch! Detailed help (too difficult for me in most cases). Seems like the most reliable and security conscious, which is why I think all the course hosting platforms are using them.

Cons

They will process your customer's credit card, but you have to install a shopping cart. You can do this in multiple ways. I thought it was very very difficult to figure out which way is best. They have a shopping cart that has less features than competitors, and they also have another one that you have to be very technical to install. Stripe Checkout wouldn't install on my hosting provider for my website because their software is 7 years outdated. So I had to find someone else's checkout. No choice. Stripe has a list of checkout, carts, etc. But they are all mixed together. The one I chose from their list was not good, so I don't think they check them out very much.

Nuestra solución favorita

Pros

En todos nuestros ecommerce usamos Stripe, y en especial Stripe billing lara la gestión de suscripciones, el proceso es muy sencillo, y la documentación para el onboarding muy detallada. Y sin duda, lo mejor que ofrece Stripe es la atención al cliente 24/7 a través del chat.

Cons

Contentos con la herramienta, aunque estaría muy bien que el fee sea un poco más bajo.

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

Stripe easy integration

We are running Stripe On-Site and Stripe billing in parallel. With Stripe on-site we have good conversion and complete control on recurring transactions we can charge the recurring and apply the discount on run time by running a simple cron whenever we want but with Stripe billing you loose that control and you have to modify the recurring from Stripe dashboard. However Stripe billing provides you better conversion.

Pros

We were using Stripe on-site which increased our conversion rate and had hold on recurring transactions but to compare the difference between on-site and Stripe Billing we integrated the Stripe billing and found that Stripe Billing increased our conversion than the previous Stripe on-site integration. Stripe billing provides built-in dunning management.

Cons

You loose the complete control of recurring transactions and have to use Stripe dashboard to update the recurring transactions.

Great for MRR

Overall i'm happy with Stipe Billign and will continue to use it

Pros

We use this mainly for our MRR clients where we can set it up for the customer and forget it. Nice to not have to bill a customer every month.

Cons

I don't like that you cant pro-rate a month of service, this makes it difficult to keep billing dates consistent

Once it's set up - super easy

On the whole, I'd highly recommend - it integrates beautifully and hides in the background, taking payments for you.

Pros

How easy it is to integrate with e-commerce. I've used it for 2 websites I've designed for selling service products. It's completely seamless, and depending where you integrate, the reporting can be done from the platform. In my case that's Squarespace.

Cons

Once a client forget their password and the process of recovering the account was long and difficult.

Good billing processor

I use Stripe as an alternative payment method along with other payment processors. Some people may prefer Strip over others Most of my online products and subscription plans are set up with Stripe.

Pros

If Paypal would not be that integrated everywhere I would only use Stripe. - modern dashboard - easy to find your way around - easy to find things - great API integrations - except any credit cards - a little better fees than Paypal - the option to withdraw the money with Instant Payout for as little as 1% of the payout amount - ability to have a customized online storefront at no cost - very good friendly and carrying support via chat available 24/7 and responding immediately

Cons

Not many Cons except in some cases you may need some developers skill but the Stipe support is always there to help you till you're all set

Fantastic

it was convenient for running cards and it was fast

Pros

It was easy to use, i likes the emailed statements after each closing day. it had a great work flow to it

Cons

No cons really the support staff was great never a problem no wait time on the phone an always got the answer i needed

The best way to collect subscription fees!

I used stripe to handle a high volume of daily subscription charges and could not be happier with my experience!

Pros

Stripe is the most reliable subscription billing service in the game. If you have lots of subscriptions that you need charged / processed, then make sure to use stripe because they will make your processes simple, customized, and most importantly secure

Cons

I do wish that, if and when a credit card does not process through because of human error entering info wrong, all the card would not disappear. This is likely a security measure, however would make the user experience better.

Stripe

We use this software all day every day to collect payments, and issue refunds if needed. It is amazing!

Pros

This has been such a great software to use to collect all the payments from our customers. It is easy and reliable, and very transparent.

Cons

Honestly, we haven't found anything that we don't like about this software, it has worked well for us from day 1.

Stripe usage

Pros

We use Stripe billing everyday to process payments, and handle disputes.

Cons

One thing I do not like about this program is when it comes to our disputes. If we are to lose a dispute, we do not receive information as too why. It would be extremely helpful and beneficial to our company if we knew that information for future disputes etc.

Easy to Use and Customize

It's the best alternative to PayPal I've found. It costs almost exactly the same and has none of the headaches (in my personal experience, anyway). Highly recommended!

Pros

I think it's great that this software allows you to create and customise a wide variety of invoice types - It takes a lot of the maths out and gives me less room for small mistakes that can really add up.

Cons

While I do understand the pricing model, I wish that there was a flat rate to use it instead of essentially charging exactly what PayPal does.