All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

ChartMogul

Reporting & analytics for subscription businesses

ChartMogul Reviews

Pros

I like how intuitive and easy it is to create charts and filters, also, it's great that you can privately save charts. Dashboards are really great as well.

Paula P.

Read the full review
It has comprehensive chart features, which allow you to have a better understanding of your revenue.

Sean D.

Read the full review

Cons

After my tweet, I heard from them. But when two weeks passed and I asked more questions, again I was disappointed my a lack of response.

Dawn G.

Bradley G.

Sara M.

4.7

Excellent software to keep track of key business metrics

Clear view of all key SaaS metrics especially customer LTV, MoM churn rate, analyzing cohorts, trial to paid subscribers, and of course MRR!

Pros

ChartMogul helps us keep track of our most important business metrics at a glance and accurately. We particularly enjoy the measure of our customer's LTV as well as all the tools related to analyzing churn rate. Segments are also a huge plus. They're very easy to set up, reuse and modify. This remains true if you're managing metrics on your own or sharing the task with other teammates like we do. The cohort view is simply one of the best I've ever used. I especially like the ability to drill down on each time period to see what key activity/subscribe/unsubscribe impacted our business in this particular period. The trial to paid conversion tool is also a big time-saver for us and helps us fine-tune our trial process and the webinars we give to our prospective customers.

Cons

Frankly, there's not many things we feel are missing or impractical with ChartMogul. Even the most basic aspects such as easy-to-understand tooltips for employees not familiar with all KPIs and metrics are a home run.

WOW!

I couldn't be happier. Though ChartMogul is not a billing platform like Zuora or SaaSOptics, it definitely does the analytics part extremely well.

Pros

For the money this product is awesome. We use it exclusively for SaaS metrics and revenue recognition. The great part is this software can do so much more. I would say we use about 20% of the features and that goes a long way!

Cons

Nothing. For the money this software is a fantastic analytics software with excellent features. The customer support is also top notch.

Clear graphs and easy to understand

Pros

All the charts are easy to understand and manipulate to show the data/date range you want. Simple to connect to data sources and refresh when needed. Nice email notification when new MMR.

Cons

The different reports need explaining within the software.

Good idea, poorly executed

We signed up for Chartmogul despite having metrics available from our own integrated programming for our app and Chargify metrics. The support was abysmal. I wrote no less than 5 times without a single response during my trial period -- a time when one would think their customer service would be fantastic to reduce the very churn they measure, and I only got a response from the CEO after posting...

Pros

It gives you an idea of what your general trends are and the graphs are pretty.

Cons

It's based on flawed reasoning. They have data from their own client's data sources but it is not used properly.

Extremely useful software

Pros

Makes it really easy for us to track a whole range of revenue metrics in our SaaS business. As a marketer, it's imperative that I know what bottom-line impact our campaigns are having—and ChartMogul makes it simple for me to get that data.

Cons

From my personal perspective, there's nothing I don't like about the software. It would be great to be able to include expense data in there so we can track metrics like our CAC, etc. But aside from that, it's great.

I know how my business really is

Satisfied. I can't imagine my work without ChartMogul.

Pros

Deliver SaaS metrics out of the box. Content / articles - learn you how to use metrics. Very good API documentation. Simple to use.

Cons

SLA. Sometimes service has temporary outage. Support should be more oriented on the customer.

Has all the metrics you need, and only what you need

We've been using CM for over 3 years to track our metrics, and we love it. Simple to use, has just what we need, very responsive app. Scratched our itch, and then some.

Pros

All the reports are pre-built, with enough customization options to dig into your data. There are also reports present which we probably wouldn't have built if they weren't built in, and they have helped us tremendously.

Cons

We've had some inconsistencies around the MRR which was hard to resolve, since we are synching from multiple sources. Also, numbers would sometimes change retroactively and it was really hard to figure out why. So currently we don't count on the reports to a degree that we base our actual cash flow on it, but the reports are still accurate enough to visualize and analyze trends and segments.

Great too for saas analytics

Metrics overview

Pros

Almost everything - all the stats, ease of use, filtering, segmentation, the fact that I can have everyone in the team informed about new customers.

Cons

Having more data integrations would be useful to correlate MRR with sources, workload and other metrics.

My favorite Customer Operations' dashboards so far!

Pros

It's so visual and user-friendly. Once you get used to all the comands and possibilities inside the options, it's a freedom sensation working with your customer revenue movements data.

Cons

I miss exporting my dashboards and results (that I seeing on the screen) mainly because I'm not an admin user. Would be awesome having the hability to agrupate the revenue movements into one.

Must-have financial dashboard for SaaS startups

Pros

Great overview of all important SaaS key metrics (MRR, churn rate, CLV etc) with geographical breakdown. We use Braintree and it takes just 30 minutes to integrate this with no development skills needed. Works like a charm!

Cons

Only non-critical stuff as: Not able to import signups in bulk. Integration with Braintree doesn't support VAT handling (it's partly fault of Braintree API, which has poor support for VAT handling, nonetheless it's not possible to strip VAT from financial data coming from Braintree) As I am from Czechia, it could be a bit cheaper in my opinion :) Still worth the money though.

Simple Interface, Value Packed Data, and Incredible Support

They are a great team to work with. The software is simple and effective. It's a little on the pricy side, but I keep coming renewing because it's worth it.

Pros

1) I'm in Chartmogul on a daily basis. It's really simple to view metrics like new MRR, churn, and expansion for the week. 2) The flexibility to edit, merge, and connect subscriptions is a huge part of why we chose Chartmogul. As much as we'd like for every deal/subscription to fit the standard mold, a lot of our customers have unique plans with us and the ability to help the system interpret what's...

Cons

I'd love to get a daily digest email with all the revenue movement for the day. Right now you can get email alerts for updates to individual plans, but there isn't an option to schedule a single email with all the changes for the day. It's not a huge deal because I'm in Chartmogul most days, but it would be a great addition that would help us keep our team up to date. Lastly, I'd love the ability to add users and assign them to specific segments. I'd like to give our CSMs access to their accounts only (so they can see rev movement and overall performance of their accounts).

Accurate & Insightful

Insight into business KPIs.

Pros

Having tried various competitors, ChartMogul is the only software that correctly displays our monthly recurring revenue (I think some of the competitors have problems with some customers using coupon codes). However, that's just the tip of the iceberg - they somehow manage to display the information you need to see in a gorgeous user interface, but also allow you to dive to an incredible amount of depth, all in an easy-to-use interface. The customer support is speedy yet patient - they're currently helping us migrate our account to new owners.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about ChartMogul, in fact I'm struggling to think of anything at all for the purpose of this review. I suppose if I'm really nit-picking it would be really nice if they offered an open-metrics dashboard like Baremetrics do (baremetrics.com/open).

ChartMogul is a turn-key way to get immediate insight on your customer billing data

ChartMogul let us get at a ton of metrics on our customers that were still unknown to us with almost zero effort, and because of how easily it integrates with our billing provider, we get ongoing updates on these metrics, again, with no additional work on our part. I can't overstate how much I love this.

Pros

If you use one of ChartMogul's native billing data-sources (including Stripe and numerous others), import is an absolute breeze; in our case, we let ChartMogul chew through our data for a while and suddenly we had a dashboard packed with a bunch of insights into our customer billing data that we hadn't ever seen before, except through manual computation on our end. ChartMogul is profoundly easy to use, and with very little effort surfaces a ton of valuable information.

Cons

It's still a bit of a production to make sure your data is massaged right if it's not quite formatted the way ChartMogul expects. Many of the analytics naturally depend on whether or not ChartMogul can properly understand your customer data, so that's an important one to get right. That said, they're making lots of strides on the product and I'd expect that this will get sorted out quickly.

Provides Fantastic Business Insights

Pros

The ability to pass custom attributes and splice/segment every section of the platform is worth gold. Provides us the ability to see MRR or churn based on UTM tracking params, alexa rankings and how far the user got through our software.

Cons

It's gold, I'm stretching here (more of a feature request) but: Lack of ability to show automatic pie charts for segments. I.E. I want to see that 25% of MRR came from Adwords that was in a custom attribute category ie. Acquisition.

Beautiful charts and dashboards

The combination of visualization and simple to set up links with Stripe have been super helpful to us.

Pros

Automates the creation of gorgeous "quick-glance" charts. Essential to our executive team to keep tabs on regular business operations Tracks a range of metrics -- from user based to financial tracking

Cons

The primary complaint from our team is that it does not offer a 100% integration with Stripe. While it tracks our core sales, it does not track our fees that we collect, which is a substantial portion of our business.

ChartMogul

Pros

Cons

The integration takes a while to run and update the information.

ChartMogul is a very helpful tool to have a look on the most important KPI's

Most of all it saves my time to analyze and to set up adhoc reports for our founders and investors

Pros

The fast overview about MRR, Churn and the list of customers who signed or churned per month with one click. The most important metrics are given. To set a filters with tags to have a quick few about our renewals or possible churn per month.

Cons

The ChartMogul-Google-Add-on doesn't work well. I had to put in more than 100 customers manually. An interface to Quaderno (like Stripe) is not available. No future subscription inputs about new MRR or churn possible. No interfaces to bank accounts to measure the cashflow most effectively.

A sales performance measuring tool for startups, but not so user friendly nor escalable

Pros

The support team is amazing, always available to help. Clean user interface

Cons

Not simple to integrate with other API’s. The process of insert a transaction is made through an add-on on google sheet, and it takes much time. When you fail entering a transaction, you have to delete the customer and enter all transactions history(annoying). Recently they increase dramatically their pricing, now is based in your company’s MRR, which means that is an expensive tool if you are increasing your sales.

Great source of data for your company.

Pros

It allows you to get the data you otherwise won't be able to gather. We were able to determine MRR of our segments and prioritize where to hit to maximize our team effort.

Cons

It's challenging and lacking introductory tutorial - maye take a while until you get used to it, and even then you can't be 100% sure that you are getting everything out of it.

The perfect tool for solo developers

Pros

ChartMogul helps solo developers like myself keep track of sales my small apps make such as: Monthly recurring revenue Annual recurring revenue Customer churn Customer lifetime value Net cash flow and more. The lowest tier is free and just offers everything you could ask for as a solo developer.

Cons

None so far. The tool works as expected and offers a good deal of customisation.

Excellent Business Intelligence platform for subscription businesses

Pros

ChartMogul is incredibly easy to set up and use. Bringing in our historic data from Stripe / Chargebee was a breeze. I would strongly recommend it to all subscription businesses.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about ChartMogul. Also, there is no feature I feel I need that it does not have. They offer a free trial and you can bring in all your data easily during this period. Thus, you get a thorough understanding of if it is right for you in just a few minutes. Try it out!

Great tool and even better customer support

Pros

I check the team’s performance everyday on chartmogul and it’s very important tool for us on a daily basis. The one time the webapp wasn’t loading, the customer support team was very responsive and really helpful. They understood the importance of what we needed and were able to solve it in a fast and efficient way

Cons

At the beginning, it was a little hard to get used to it

Helps to Visualize your Subscription Revenue Data

We are extremely pleased with ChartMogul, and it has helped us to organize our monthly reporting on key metrics.

Pros

It easily charts out all of your data from a subscription billing platform, in our case Recurly. Although Recurly has some charts and statistics, ChartMogul is much more useful and friendly to use. We also had a core problem with our different subscription plans is that they are divided into different groups based on which country we are serving. ChartMogul made it extremely easy to set up and configure these groups to now be able to visualize the data between our different markets that we serve.

Cons

When we started using it, ChartMogul didn't have a native integration with QuickBooks. We were using it for our Recurly subscriptions, but we were still doing some invoicing through QuickBooks that wasn't subscription based, so it still doesn't give a complete picture of our monthly income. It would be nice to integrate QuickBooks invoices even if it is not subscription-based income. I see now that it is being offered through a partner that charges extra for this integration.

Great metrics app for every SaaS

Pros

It gives me almost all the information I need to get an overview of our business standings. Easy to integrate and use.

Cons

Missing forecasting features. Adding costs would be helpful as well. A nice to have would be to make it possible to share stats publicly.

Gives you your most essential data in a fantastic way

Pros

I love ChartMogul for its simplicity. I was able to learn how to use it in minutes. It's important to me how flexible it is when it comes to creating charts or cohorts of users for my specific needs. The visual side of the soft is also great. Everything is clear and easy to customize through filters.

Cons

I don't see any for now. It fulfills my needs.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.