All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Databox Reviews

Pros

Data box is a simple and good, Awesome designed web and mobile apps, good responsive for customer support,Very Important data stored in one place, easy to use.

Sarath R.

Read the full review
By far the best in the industry. The free version is great for many small clients, and the paid upgrades for more integrations and users is very fair for those that need it.

Jeremy D.

Read the full review
Setting up Databox was very simple and straightforward. After connecting my data sources I was delighted to find that all the datawalls were ready and looking amazing.

Olli G.

Read the full review

Cons

For some clients the analytics are confusing if they don't know the lingo of that platform.

Caitlyn C.

Read the full review
Amount charged per month is quite a bit to just be displaying data.

Ben R.

Read the full review
Missing a Segment integration maybe to get all our app events. We rely on their Zapier integration to compensate.

Gilles B.

Read the full review

Excellent for tracking all our key metrics in one place

Overall, a great tool for tracking and building boards on high-level metrics.

Pros

I love being able to have complete customizable control of my key metrics dashboard. It allows me a daily snapshot of how we're performing. Plus, being able to schedule snapshots be sent to Slack and email, etc. is great. I also love the goals feature, being able to put our metrics into context like this is great.

Cons

Some of the integrations are a little lacking, meaning data isn't always super accurate or up-to-date. We definitely cannot use a Databox board as a undisputed source of truth to report on, but rather as a snapshot to see trends. E.g. our Ahrefs Domain Rating is hardly ever correct on the board. I also wish there was a little more functionality within the integrations, the options for what you can pull from ActiveCampaign and Intercom are pretty lacking. And I wish they had a ChartMogul integration too!

Finally a Platform that checks all the boxes!

Pros

The things I enjoy most about Databox is the flexibility of this platform as well as the overall user interface. There are truly so many different options available for you to configure dashboards to your wants and needs. For example, Databox offers a ton of different data visualization options. Additionally, the ability to create custom metrics has proven to be an extremely useful and flexible tool in Databox as well. With regards to the interface, the platform overall is very aesthetically pleasing and my colleagues love the way the dashboards look. Overall, this platform really checks all the boxes for me. As a Marketing Data Analyst, I'm very happy.

Cons

I think the only thing that can be improved with Databox is perhaps allowing an unlimited amount of dashboards for accounts or a higher amount of dashboards with each account subscription they offer. Users should be aware that to get a large amount of dashboards in your account, you will likely need the highest subscription. Other than that, I do not have any complaints at all. This platform truly has managed to have everything I want and need.

Databox: Close, but no cigar...or even cigarillo ...

Pros

I work as the Director of Marketing Strategy at DD, which is an inbound marketing agency that services nonprofits and higher education institutions. We're a HubSpot certified partner agency and we were looking to Databox to help us make our client reports quicker, more interactive, and more robust. Databox's clean user-interface makes it really easy to notice trends...it also updates in almost real-time (if not real-time) which is helpful. The customizable dashboards are helpful as well...and there's no doubt that this tool is affordable to agencies like DD who need to report on a wide variety of metrics for 20+ accounts.

Cons

While there are definitely some pros to Databox, there are also some key features that they are missing. For example, you can't customize date ranges for reports. You have to choose from a weekly, monthly, quarterly, or yearly basis...but you can't choose "Feb. 3 2017 - Feb. 23 2018" for example. This makes reporting very challenging if, for example, you start an inbound engagement with a client during...

Excellent product

Very easy to use

Pros

Its very easy to use and the dashboards are visually appealing

Cons

Limited to only 3 dashboards on the free trial

If you want to report from multiple sources at once then use this

It is extremely flexible and it solves the problem of creating reports using spreadsheets to pull in custom data. You also can display your report in a variety of different graphical styles. Once a report is created the viewer of the report can filter each graph by a specific date range. Once I got the hang of using Databox I've come to love how flexible and powerful it is and would recommend it to anyone who needs to create a custom report for their business.

Pros

Databox makes it easy to create custom reports from multiple sources. For example, I've created a single report using Google Analytics and Google Search Console. Normally this would be impossible in a single report. You can use many different sources and Databox has multiple integrations that help you get started. If there isn't integration you still upload custom spreadsheets and create a report from those. Within each report metric you can then filter down to the specific metric you want. You can also create calculated metrics to create your own metrics.

Cons

There can be a steep learning curve to get the exact metric you want. I had to spend a lot of time getting the correct filters and segments from Google Analytics. However, I was finally able to create those reports. There is also a huge amount of data you can analyze and figuring out the exact metrics to report on can be daunting. But that can also be a result of not figuring out the best KPI's before creating your report.

Full of promise, never delivered.

Meh.

Pros

I used the software for two years and I liked the idea of the software, creating dashboards for easy review. If they had only worked.

Cons

I never logged on without reconnecting one or all of my sites. Never. I was told the software was being upgraded, user error, weather (really) but it never was resolved. After two years of hoping it would be what I needed, it never was and I left. Also, as a warning, leaving is draconian. If you don't click the one hidden link to delete account, you will be charged and they will not provide a refund.

Blown away. Completely changed my household.

At-a-glance view of everything I need to know about my business and household.

Pros

I think most people use software like this to track their business outcomes, but my wife and I? Nope. I mean yes, I have my mailchimp and social media results on there, but also bank balances, to-do lists from Google Sheets, all kinds of stuff across two cheap monitors that just sit in the corner of our house. You'd think that'd be anxiety inducing but it's the opposite - I wake up every day, know where my business is at, know where my finances are at, have the "honey-do's" all prepared, and even see the weather. I LOVE this program. Yeah it's a little more expensive than others but 100% worth it for the extra integrations. Recommend without hesitation.

Cons

It should be free for everyone everywhere, airdropped by satellite into rural villages with API manuals. ... no really though, it could be cheaper; there are iOS / Apple TV equivalents that are a quarter as expensive. If it weren't for the breadth of integrations I'd consider something else - but between those and all I can do aesthetically, it's a no-brainer.

This was a game changer for my digital marketing business

Amazing. I love this tool.

Pros

Ok, so I was desperately looking for an affordable platform to centralize my reporting for my clients. Most things that I found were either too expensive or too limited. I tested many free reporting tools - not enough connections. I tested the "free trial" of the big guys - great, feature-rich, and waay out of my budget. Then I came across Databox and I have to tell you, it has been a complete game...

Cons

Honestly, nothing. Maybe that I have to pay for it to use it, but that's business.

Easy to use and pleasing to the eye

Pros

You can get started in under a minute with no prior knowledge about analytics or dashboards. The free templates (made by other marketers) make it super easy to visualize your data.

Cons

More tehcnical users might miss advanced features (like making custom in-app API calls) but I guess that would defeat the purpose of keeping it simple for the rest of us.

Great analytics summary tool

The daily report emails are useful

Pros

Easy to set up with some recommended data sets to watch and their tutorials are useful for setting up your own data to watch

Cons

I haven't been using it long but haven't found anything wrong

Just the tool we needed.

For our clients, we're showing them how their investment is put to use but also having greater conversations over what we can do TOGETHER to improve results. They see that we are more than just a marketing agency, we are a partner. For our agency, we are able to show results across each discipline. The artists have more ownership in the results than they once did. Our brand managers are more strategic and forward thinking.

Pros

Easy to use. Has all of the connections we need. If we don't have a connection, the team is quick to try and implement it. The hourly refresh is awesome. Helps our team stay informed, helps our clients see how their investment is put to work. The time our team puts into the tool, we get twice as much back out of it. I love that it has the ability to layer on multiple sets of data with the same detail as Grow or Tableau, without the restricting price tag.

Cons

Sometimes the API integrations are clunky. For Google Analytics where sites have a 100,000 views per day, the ability to use the custom queries becomes more limited. I would like to see improvements on the text formatting for that data block and the bar chart visualization. The data gets too tiny to read at certain points, no matter how big you make it on the screen.

Nice balance of functionality and price

I liked Databox while I used it. It's not a BI tool by any means but it does have a few options to allow you to transform your data. They also have some cool options for tracking goals and the mobile app is leaps and bounds better than the competition.

Pros

The visuals look awesome on the computer, TV, and phone. I was impressed with how easy it was to create a metric.

Cons

Once the metrics are on the dashboard there isn't much else you can do with them. It lacks some of the basic functionality that I'd expect such as dragging to zoom into a certain section of the chart or even hovering over the comparison line to see the exact value.

What gets measured, gets managed right?

We have Databox set up to track a few things, but right now our main goal with our business is outreach and linkbuilding We just wrote this huge guide that took 9 weeks and a few thousands dollars to create Makes sense to promote it and build links right? The thing is- even when youre good at linkbuilding, it takes time You might do outreach to 100 sites and get 2-5 links Even then? It can take...

Pros

The ability to integrate with multiple platforms How I can set up custom goals and dashboards, relevant to the data its showing so I can track progress The daily emails to let me know if we're hitting those goals (Nothing like a bit of habit stacking right?) The fact that you can get a whole HEAP of value from the free version alone

Cons

Honestly nothing Its super clean, easy to use, fast and intuitive

Great for free

Pros

The basic account is free with data box and gives you 3 datasources which is enough to make some really nice visualisations of your data. We use it to send investors regular updates and give them a link they can access whenever they want to get an update on our progress. Once we created theses boards they just update automatically which make it some much easier to manage. They have a great range of connectctions with most of the services you can think off to run your business. Their visualisation tools make it pretty easy to set up nice views of your data, and if you are stuck they have some great templates that just plug and play with your data.

Cons

There have been a few bugs as we are in the UK we want money to be in £ and their default is $ there are some work arounds to make it work but it would be nice to have currency support built in and automatic. Sometimes the data shows a little funnily on the iPhone app, support are very good at fixing this issues though.

It's my first to open app every morning

Heard from a friend who is using Databox app in the company he works for (fortune 100 company). It was almost annoying seeing him checking his phone constantly. I downloaded it from App store the same day. On-boarding was a breeze and the next thing I was in the app with my Google Analytics, Facebook Ads and Stripe already connected. I was using it few days - it was just a beautiful app on my phone nothing more. But then I found they have desktop app - they call it Designer - where you can combine all metrics together. At that moment I was hooked. We have connected more than 10 data sources since then (database also) and we were able to put all important metrics in one place for everybody to see. I'm recommending this to everybody!

Pros

I have access in one place to every important metrics I care. Just few clicks and I can change what I see on my phone and share with all my coworkers.

Cons

It wasn't an instant "click" in my head what Databox can do for us. There are almost no guides or documentation. Default metrics they fetch were not useful for our business.

Thank you for your feedback.

Crucial to unlock business insights

Essential tool to reduce silos and get insights across all areas of the company. We got overblown with the tons of marketing data we could get with a few clicks and are big fans of Databox’s funnel visualisation which is one of the best in the market. We then extended Databox to all other areas and we’re now showing different datawalls in different screens throughout our office floor.

Pros

Easy to use. Being able to input data from different sources. Carousel mode to show different dashboards on the same screen. Great Support team.

Cons

No Cons really but it would rock even more if it had drill down capability

Simple and powerful

We use Databox for 2 months now and so far we like it more and more. We only use Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics tools, so Databox seemed as a perfect solution for us. Databox allowed us to combine data from different data sources and display them in one place in a beautiful mobile app. We had some difficulties when we were setting up all data sources, but their customer support helped us in no time. The feature we like the most is scorecard. It's nothing better than getting a scorecard with most important KPIs in the morning and see the performance for the past day.

Pros

- Daily scorecards - Beautiful designed web and mobile app - Databox Query Builder which allows us to get customized metrics from analytic tools - Powerful yet simple Designer, where you can quickly set up datacards with a simple drag and drop feature - Very helpful and responsive customer support

Cons

- The alerting feature didn't seem to work for us two months ago so we stopped using it

Thank you for your feedback. We're constantly improving alerts so make sure you give them a chance.

Super duper dashboard for all my cloud services

Few months ago i've downloaded this dashboard app, and absolutely happy with it. Now it's one of the most useful tools I use for work. I really appreciate the fact that I have all my data, analytics, reporting in one singular dashboard, especially when I work remotely. Plus I can always update my info while walking ;) And I do like its clear design and easy to use navigation. Simple, nice, and useful! Thanks for making my working days easier ;)

Pros

All data in one place, easy to use/great ux, slick design

Cons

More data connectors for my team like Jira

Thank you for your review.

Beautiful Mobile app, easy to get addicted to.

I signed up Databox only two months ago, but I've used the mobile app pretty much every day since. It's very easy to connect your cloud services and add the basic metrics, and it takes just a little bit of extra work to add more specific ones (like, in my case, custom funnel data from Mixpanel). I've also played around with connecting our SQL database to Databox - all these options are available even on the Free plan. I like it that you can put data from different datasources on the same visualization (e.g. steps in a funnel). The platform is quite powerful underneath, still lacking a little bit of self-help content as of now, but customer support was very helpful and I've set up just the dashboard that I've always wanted.

Pros

Beautiful visualizations, the drag-and-drop interface of the Designer tool (where you set up your visualizations), the Scorecard feature

Cons

All options are not very well documented

Thank you for reviewing Katie. We will try to add the things you mentioned.

A complete 3rd party analytics software.

I like the idea to see all the views of my google Chanel under one dashboard. UI is simple and working with multiple accounts is just very easy.

Pros

Signup is very fast with google, and without the password, it is more secure as my google have two-way auth. I use our youtube channel statistics and some ads result under one dashboard. All the URL and video views give me an idea about my general and shared video views. It is workes on API so my data does not get altered and the reporting is really nice. Daily, weekly and monthly reporting features...

Cons

Not all the integration, some of them are very commonly available are available to use with all plans. I need to upgrade to use with google sheets, which is available for free.

Practical & Pleaseing Data Tool For the Small Business

Building reports for clients can be time consuming and full of confusing, intricate processes. Data Box has really allowed my company to scale reporting for our clients - building easy reports

Pros

The software is both intuitive and aesthetically pleasing. Easily view your data from Analytics, Google Ads, social media, etc. all in one spot. the feature I find most valuable is the ability to set alerts for goals. This reminds me n my team of our progress and where we stand in regards to our goals. You can set these so clients can see them as well! Overall it is simple to build visuals without code and drill down further into those visuals via the query builder or manipulating data rows/columns.

Cons

To really use the tool to its full potential you should use the paid version. The free version is very limiting in data and may limit data source connections.

Absolutely amazing Tool

Databox is our daily KPI tool and has helped us to increase our value and traffic. It's one of the overall best tools I've ever seen with its amazing selection of templates, wide and an I mean really wide range of possible Integration of Tools, and more!

Pros

The easy integration across a different platform that leverages Big Data in an instance to provide useful insight.

Cons

I'd say the modification for the KPI's could feature a bit more Modification in terms of more Team Roles Setup

Databox has great features and is very intuitive

It was easy to self onboard, start trial and connect some sources. Second-to-none support via Intercom. Setting up datacards and data-blocks is an experience (positive :) by itself, all drag and drop and animated. I wish all my apps were like that. When you get a grip on how it all works, it's a piece of cake.

Pros

Beautiful app and charts, I've tried probably all competing products, but none looked this good. Powerful features, intuitive setup...

Cons

Quite a lot of connectors to 3rd party services, but I could use more of them. I've contacted them and many are in beta phase and coming soon, so this will be a non-issue soon. I managed to connect other, currently not directly supported sources like Google Spreadsheets via Zapier and my customer database via MySQL connector. So there are plenty of possible work-arounds.

Thank you for your review.

Cannot say enough positive things about this software!

Pros

As a small ad agency, we manage various different accounts on many different platforms. Google analytics, adwords, Facebook ads, etc. Databox lets us identify the key performance indicators that we need to see on a daily basis and makes tracking campaign progress EASY!

Cons

NOTHING! Please keep doing what you are doing, Databox! I can't imagine doing my job without this software, literally!

Beautiful and handy tool

Pros

Easy to setup. They have a great iPhone app so can review all data on my phone. Every morning I receive an email on our business performance which is really helpful.

Cons

So far I'm happy with the tool, no things I don't like.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.