Geckoboard Reviews

Geckoboard

Quick and easy-to-setup business dashboard software for TVs

Geckoboard

Review Summary

Pros

Very reasonably priced, great feature set and multiple integrations that make setup very easy. Lots of great styles and graphs to get going with.

Alan M.

Geckoboard is phenomenal, top to bottom, and their team is always exceedingly helpful when I reach out with issues or questions.

Will M.

I inform you that I have a good knowledge of some computer software such as.

Hasan B.

Cons

The only thing we've had issues with at times is the dashboard losing connection or not reflecting correctly. Each time a refresh had it fixed.

Jon W.

Some of the charts and tables lack customization, the font size can't be changed and some of the charts are just too simple to be of any use.

Pablo S.

I dislike nothing so far, will write another review once I utilize this product more in the near future.

Alicia W.

4.6

Chat-based customer support second to none - friendly and inviting app

Stellar customer support, easy to use user interface, a lot of support for 3rd party analytics apps. App that keeps getting more features - app is alive development-wise and trustworthy.

Pros

I believe the best aspect of the app is the in-browser chat support. I've received so much support and suggestions and advice from them that I've never experienced such prompt and helpful customer support before with any app. I've been asked to check out new features in a demo, too, which was wonderful - after a few months, the features in the demo were added to the app itself. I feel like there...

Cons

There are limitations to Geckoboard - I might not always be able to find a solution that suits me the best way - there are always some ways to improve the workflow - but the way the customer support listens to use and implements features or provides help pretty much negates any cons I might have with it. One thing maybe is that I'm not able to "park" a dashboard so that it's settings are kept safe...

Enabling a data driven culture!

At some point almost 2 years ago we realized that we needed to make the information from our 30+ systems (used on a daily basis by different teams) accessible to everyone. It made no sense asking people to go into individual apps to run reports and/or look at data. After digging around for a while and toying with different solutions we can into Geckoboards which proved to be the best app for this....

Pros

- Out of the box integration with some of the most popular systems out there (almost 70 as of now). - Ease of use to setup the dashboards. Basically point and click. - Beautiful widgets that make looking at a dashboard enjoyable (if seen some things out there that give you nightmares when you look at them). - Advanced options that allow integrations with your own in house systems via simple JSON pushes or pulls. - Easy to setup rotation between different dashboards (they call them loops). - Excellent customer service.

Cons

- I think that it's gotten a bit pricey (we signed up early on so we have a better price) for newer companies to jump onboard. - The documentation can be improved. Sometimes you add a Widget but you don't really know what parameters are used to pull the data behind the scenes. - Need to have more granular options in times between loops. Currently offer 10s, 20s, 30s, 1 min, 5 min. Should have an option to setup X minutes (or at least every minute for the first 10 minutes).

Fantastic Selection of Integrations But Not Responsive and Lacks Customization

We've got all of our clients set up on our board so that we can monitor how well they're performing each month. It's a great dashboard that we have on display in our office and have set as a desktop for our executives.

Pros

Incredible selection of integrations.

Cons

Lacks responsiveness. It's a fixed layout for width and height so difficult to resize for different viewports. Lacks any color scheme customization. We'd love to build our own color palette but there's no option.

Nice one stop solution for dashboard metrics

Pros

Geckoboard has a variety of really nice integrations with third party products. Most SaaS solutions you would be interested in tracking have integrations which makes it pretty easy to get going with displaying relevant metrics. The website interface is also pretty easy to use and you can get a dashboard together pretty quickly.

Cons

The interface for getting custom metrics uploaded could be a bit easier to use but overall it is a good solution and not bad to get started with it!

Excellent Marketing Dashboard for Small Business

Tracking marketing KPIs from multiple data sources and displaying them in a visually appealing, simple format is not an easy (or inexpensive) thing to do. Geckoboard makes this possible at a much more affordable price than its competitors, and provides a user experience that is nothing short of fantastic. We pull in a variety of data from sources like Google Analytics, MailChimp, social channels, and ecommerce platforms to easily track our progress on the metrics that matter most to our business.

Pros

Lots of integrations from the services that matter most to us, fantastic drag and drop UI, easy onboarding experience, relatively low cost, nice "at-a-glance" reporting for KPIs, enthusiastic and friendly support staff

Cons

Doesn't directly integrate to Amazon Seller Central (for 3rd party sellers who sell on Amazon), may take some time to set up (especially for less technical users), but this is true for any dashboard with multiple integrations (and Geckoboard makes this as easy as possible).

Great tool that's easy to use

Pros

Geckoboard was extremely easy to set up and can display many different dashboards to help understand the metrics you're looking to report on. We have different screens with different departments using them daily. We haven't found anything we're not able to report on.

Cons

An excellent hosted dashboard tool for real-time display in clear easy to view graphics

Pros

Good pre-configured integration with Zendesk, Google Sheets, Trello and many more. Simple set-up, reliable and focussed on conveying information in a clear way.

Cons

Customisation of colors etc is a "premium" feature and should be included for more basic low-cost users, not only Enterprise-wide use. Also, there is limited scope for scaling numbers etc, which can be frustrating.

Geckoboard is the best dashboard tool, let alone cloud base software , I've ever used!

Pros

No training needed. No reading manuals needed. The ease of use and intuitiveness of this platform is untouched by most software's out there. The out of box integrations with Zendesk, Salesforce is incredibly valuable for us and is the exact data we were looking for. The customer support is extremely helpful and friendly. They are constantly adding more addons and upgrading their current ones. Overall, you can setup very clean and professional dashboards with Geckoboard in a matter of minutes.

Cons

You get a dashboard! YOU get a dashboard!

Pros

Who doesn't love dashboards? We were able to take our Zendesk data and showcase our customer service stats using Geckoboard.

Cons

It's kind of confusing to use at first and doesn't always pull in all of the data, but with a little elbow grease (not really) we were able to get it to work for us.

Great dashboard tool!

We have been using Geckoboard to track the key metrics for our platform since early this year. We tried out a few different platforms before we settled on Geckoboard. We plan to continue using Geckoboard for a long time. Not to mention the improvement the dashboard has brought to our operations by focusing us on our key numbers in real time and having them available on the office wall and wherever our team is located around the world.

Pros

Gecko was extremely easy to get set up on and start seeing real data immediately. The interface looks great and the cost is reasonable. It's accessible from anywhere and easy to share results.

Cons

Most of the integrations are very easy to set up but you do need some developer time to pull internal data, which shouldn't really come as a surprise.

Excellent for TV dashboards

Overall if you are looking for a way to get metrics on a TV to drive team performance, this is perfect. If you are looking for a BI tool, look elsewhere.

Pros

Geckoboard is very easy to use and get set up. If you have basic knowledge of data, you will be able to get metrics and dashboards created easily. They also have a wide variety of prebuilt dashboards. The metrics looks great and getting them up on a TV can have a huge impact on team performance.

Cons

There aren't many options for working with your data but that's to be expected here. You really need to have your data in the format you want it displayed before you bring in into Geckoboard.

5-minute setup, but needs more filters

If you have TVs or monitors on your wall, you've already made an investment to get data in front of your team. Geckoboard is a great way to do this. It isn't perfect yet, but is still the easiest tool I've used to get data up quickly.

Pros

Geckoboard was amazingly easy and fast to setup. We've had monitors in our office for years, but never fully utilized them. Geckoboard provided a very easy and fast way to get our data set up. It pulls from the other softwares we're using (Hubspot, Zendesk, Google Doc, etc.) and displays the information in a great format.

Cons

You're limited to pre-determined fields of data that you an display without much editing (e.g. you can only display data points that Geckoboard has set up). The ability to edit what is being displayed is also limited, depending on the data point. I've also had an issue with knowing the timeframe of the data. For example, we display the % of inbound support calls answered under 40 seconds. I'm unable to define the date/time range (7 AM - 7 PM, last 24-hours, etc.)

Great for Managing with KPIs

Pros

Geckoboard makes it really easy to publish your team's KPI's, and make them visible to the entire team or company. It connects to the tools we use everyday, and requires very little setup.

Cons

It is a great solution for quick deployment. However, you don't have as much control over the metrics and how they are displayed. You can write custom integrations if needed, however if you require a lot of customization it might be better to build something in-house.

Expensive, but good tool

Geckoboard makes your data pretty and can be put on a screen. Very easy to use, but also comes with a price.

Pros

Geckoboard makes it fairly easy for developers to connect database data with a good looking dashboard. The dashboard has the features that are needed, and it even has a pre-made set of graphics that you can use to visualize your data.

Cons

The price is high for this type of tool. Mixpanel and other similar data tools have similar dashboards, which are agree not at pretty as Geckoboard, but they have the same functionality.

Stats at a glance

Pros

I love that I can link up Google Sheets and other 3rd parties to Gekoboard. This is a great way to see team stats live and it makes them readily available to the team.

Cons

I think that the Google integration could be a bit better. Sometimes I just want to show a graph or a screenshot of a Google sheet, and there really isn't a great way to do that.

Great for Tracking Weekly and Quarterly Sales

We have been displaying our daily and weekly sales data.

Pros

We are able to customize our salesforce reports and display the reports on our screens throughout the hospital.

Cons

Sometimes there is a bit of a lag between refreshes on the data on the board but I dont think its too sizeable.

Geckoboard is great, except for the randomly disconnecting service accounts

Geckoboard has been a great tool for us as we use it to track all sorts of internal metrics. We have several boards on a shared loop displayed in our main office space for maximum visibility to the team.

Pros

A++ customer support. I have encountered several issues/had obscure questions and the support team went above and beyond to solve any problems.

Cons

Only major complaint- connected Service accounts (such as Facebook) expire randomly and must be manually updated but Geckoboard does not have a notification system to let you know. Only when I happen to look over and see that the particular board is not updating, then I know to go in and reconnect the accounts. Also had to reach out to Support the first time to find out why the account disconnected in the first place.

Phenomenal, reasonably priced metrics dashboards

Pros

My favorite part of Geckoboard is the easy of use and simplicity. It is truly plug-and-play, and with so many API connections.

Cons

The only thing to complain about is the lack of customization until you reach a certain billing threshold, but I understand their thought process behind that and believe it keeps the product reasonably priced.

Geckoboard Review

Pros

I am happy to respond to your announcement about work as published in the local newspapers or Balnt My qualifications are highly commensurate with what they are arguing for in the Declaration. I have read about your company in local newspapers, I have sufficient knowledge about your production ..... I am very interested in working for a company working in .....You as business owners. I inform...

Cons

Nothing- Excellent network work- The truth is that there are no negatives in the sense of negatives, but I hope that the accessibility is easier than that so that the majority, especially the places where the networks are weak and not available to all

I love it - we track our marketing KPIs

Pros

We used spreadsheets before, Geckoboard made tracking KPIs less time consuming for us. I love the live dashboards feature

Cons

Don't have many options to customize how the dashboard looks to our company's brand and voice. I wish it was possible

Ideal dashboard for the office

Pros

We run two ASUS Chromebits with Geckboard in our office. It's a critical component for us to keep track of our Business intelligence as well as Server Performance. Coolest part is probably the custom data that can be fed in combined with the prebuilt widgets.

Cons

The pricing is steep. And it is missing some widget components (connections) with AWS but that's just about it.

Great big screen solution for Zendesk

Pros

Allows us to easily visualise metrics from Zendesk in real time so that we can see how the day is progressing

Cons

Sometimes it can be tricky to work out how to display what you're looking for but support is excellent

Extremely easy to use one-stop shop analytics dashboard

Showing the higher ups key statistics and company performance metrics in a very attractive, intuitive visual format.

Pros

How easy it was to take raw data from our company, and manipulate it via the Geckobard software to display in a pretty, easy to read, impactful format .

Cons

Didn't provide a ton of recommendations for uses for the dashboard (common uses, examples, ideas, etc.

Great support experience

Pros

Support team are amazing and support people who are not 100% IT savvy. Widgets have everything required to show your company or department exactly where the team is at.

Cons

More personalisation. But that's a minor con. It's the data that is more important and Geckoboard supports that.

Love it, can't imagine life without it now.

Pros

Very flexible, provides visible realtime KPIs and MI that motivates the team. Geckoboard has helped us improve service delivery tenfold through simply being able to see exactly how we are doing.