17hats Reviews

17hats

Business management software for entrepreneurs and teams

17hats

Review Summary

Danielle M.

It's a great tool with great support and a team that is constantly improving. The community is also super helpful.

Marc S.

It's pretty slick but I don't feel like it's truly an all-in-one system. If it had a built in scheduler or worked with Acuity, plus was more like Xero for financials, I'd be happy.

Danielle M.

Cons

This was the worst experience. Big waste of money on top of horrible customer service and limited functionality.

Greg L.

I hate the user experience, but that part is my personal preference.

Jenn Z.

I don't think we have used it enough to really have had anything go wrong at all and definitely haven't had any issues since I have worked for this client.

4.4

Small business owners wear a lot of hats, this helps to manage many of them easily

This truly lives up to its name. I'm not sure how many hats it helps me with as a small business owner, but it sure is close to 17. It saves me time on a daily basis by automating my contracts, invoices, and payment acceptance. I heartily recommend this to anyone who needs a little more time to do work of their business rather than the business of the business.

Pros

Allows me to create invoices and automate monthly billing. Separates billable work by project. Supports multiple users. Integrates with several payment gateways to automate payments. Handles invoice reminders. Helps with prospecting by providing web publishable intake forms. Includes workflow designs that automate and track projects by stages. One huge thing this has done for us is to streamline the quote to contract to invoice process. Each is handled and triggered by the previous step. We create quotes and upon acceptance the agreement is sent. Upon electronic signature of the agreement the invoice is created and sent. It provides some lightweight bookkeeping features but also integrates with Quickbooks Online.

Cons

We deal with some billing that requires calculation in sub-penny increments and the billing suite performs rounding errors because it cannot calculate below 2 decimal places. I also wish there were a full api for lead intake. The lead forms work well, but cannot be styled to match the landing pages we use for inbound marketing.

The Potential Is There!

I was looking for a platform that could serve several functions at a reasonable price point. I found it in 17 Hats, and I’m always learning something new.

Pros

It’s comprehensive. I was looking for an all-in-one solution for booking, invoicing, and workflow management.

Cons

The Booking function doesn’t have all the features you see in other booking platforms such as manual scheduling and schedule blocking. It’s a little clunky but I believe it’s still being developed.

A client relationship management system - not my first choice

It keeps relationships with clients, but it's not my favorite CRM.

Pros

There are a few things that I do like about 17hats. Once I figured out the lifecycle aspect, it made sense. It really kept us on track for ensuring that the workflow gets started and completed.

Cons

The base date versus the project date is so CONFUSING. I don't like that the link is at the BOTTOM of the email. More chances for it to miss. We're constantly having to go in and out of workflows, emails/templates and back and forth to make all the changes. it doesn't seem to make sense, where if there's an email we want to edit within the workflow, why can't we edit it within there. and have the change apply universally.

Business Management Software that offers unrivaled value

17Hats powers my small business. From lead acquisition, to contract fulfilment, 17Hats does just about everything for me including marketing, payment collection and more. PLUS everything is automated so my time is not wasted on chasing clients or emailing hot leads.

Pros

1. Accepts ACH Payments through Stripe (Saves me $1000's on credit card fees) 2. Marketing Automation 3. Built-in Contract Management 4. Easy to Use 5. Constantly being improved

Cons

There are no reporting features. I have to use Zapier to link to other software

17hats : A Professionals VA

Overall 17 hats has saved my business more than once. It provides me a professional invoicing and communication platform to use with my clients. The different applications save me money from having to purchase multiple different programs.

Pros

17hat's has been my go to CRM for almost 6 years. I love how easy the software is to use. I love the new features they keep implementing, and the customer service is always just a chat away. I am able to keep a client database, take payments, record all my business expenses, send invoices and quotes, collect bookings and more all from one platform. I couldn't function without it!

Cons

I wish that the software was a little better on mobile. I also wish there was an easy web integration to collect inquiries from your website to go directly to new client information into 17hats.

Efficient and User Friendly Software Management

Overall, I love that I can organize my projects, send quotes, contracts and invoices all from the same place. I also love that I have streamlined workflows for each different type of project all saved in 17Hats.

Pros

I love 17Hats. I use it for every single one of my projects and I love the organization it provides me within my business. My workflow is so streamlined thanks to 17Hats!

Cons

The only downside that I can see about 17Hats is that the quality of their bookkeeping is not as thorough or beneficial as other accounting software. I have to manually enter all of my expenses and I wish there was an option for me to take pictures of my receipts. I also wish I had the ability to automate some of my monthly/annual expenses so that I didn't have to enter them every time.

One stop Organization of Business

When we first started we had to log into 5-6 different websites to access different business solutions and it felt impossible to remember everything. 17hats has helped us from feeling overwhelmed with all the different aspects of running a small business. It's​ like having a personal assistant to keep you on track.

Pros

Having one place for our invoicing, bookkeeping​, calendars & workflows has helped us tremendously​. We definitely feel like fewer​ things get overlooked because it is all right there in the same place.

Cons

It would be helpful to have some options to better organize the document & email section. Maybe ​a folder feature so we can go in and edit the email templates from there instead of through an active workflow. This would be helpful when we need to just find all the emails in regards to a specific type of workflow to make overall changes.

Overall, I like 17Hats, but it's not the all-in-one app I'd hoped for.

Organization. As someone with Attention Deficit Disorder, I rely on my tools to stay on track with my business. 17Hats helps immensely with that. I just wish it was the one app (one app to rule them all!) I'd love to consolidate apps. Saving the money would be nice, but more importantly, I'd like to not have to constantly switch between apps to perform different functions. Still, though, 17Hats is great even used just as a project management tool.

Pros

The workflows. If you have multi-step projects, 17Hats is awesome for organization. It's saved my bacon more than once by reminding me that I'd not completed a particular step. I also like the lead integration and email integration (see above about bacon saving).

Cons

I'd love to be able to ditch my time-tracking software (Freckle) and invoicing / accounting software (Freshbooks), but I just can't at this point. I actually adore Freckle, so they'd have to work hard to beat that, but even compared to Freshbooks time tracking, 17Hats stinks in that aspect. Very clunky. Regarding invoicing / bookkeeping, I have a couple of main complaints, but they're big ones: 1a)...

Good for a single user company

Pros

Easy to set up and navigate. The mobile app is great.

Cons

Only one user allowed per account. Customer service was not easily accessible.

17hats Really Straightens Project Management

I needed a way to organize my projects and to organize my clients' information as well.

Pros

I liked 17hats for its simplicity of organizing my projects and to provide a centralized location to contain all of the information discussed with the clients and to contain an ongoing progress of projects.

Cons

I feel that it's a little rigid. There is not really a flexible way to connect projects and or to arrange all of the projects under a central clients.

Easy to use and very functional

Overall worked well, just lacked features I needed.

Pros

It is easy and affordable. It was simple to set up and provided an easy to use interface for my clients.

Cons

Lacked features like lead tracking which is key for my business. It just seemed very entry level and while it worked at first, I needed more features.

A full-featured project management system

I tested a variety of practice management SaaS products specific for accounting firms and none came close to impressing me like 17Hats did with its combination of features that I needed and a competitive price. This is impressive given that 17Hats isn't designed for bookkeeping firms! Since I have implemented my efficiency has improved greatly, I get more done in less time and nothing falls through the cracks.

Pros

I love how easy this program makes it for me to keep track of all steps of my workflows for all of my projects from the initial lead capture all the way through the completion of the project. The workflow templates make new client onboarding a standardized and efficient process while still giving me the flexibility to adjust to the project's specific needs. The lifecycle gives me an easy at-a-glance...

Cons

While I overall love this service, there are some things to be desired. There is no phone support available but their e-mail/chat support has been food so far. The mobile app is very limited in features and glitchy and from what I've seen they are not planning on improve it now that their website is mobile responsive. There are very few integrations, I would love it they could support Zapier. The client portal is a nice concept but I am not using it because it doesn't have the features I need. Their bookkeeping feature is a joke but I guess it's better than nothing for a freelancer that may otherwise not do any bookkeeping.

17Hats has helped me run 4 businesses at once!!

The software allows really any business to capture leads, create quotes, contracts and invoices (along with payment plans) and collect payments. It is very simple to use and you can run several different businesses within the platform without additional cost. They add new functions quite often and have amazing customer service.

Pros

I started with 17Hats when they were fairly new and I haven't been disappointed. The cost for the software is excellent especially since I can run as many different businesses with different names and accounts etc as I want. I love that they added a client portal as I was almost going to switch to something that did. Document creation is very easy as well as having clients pay through the portal electronically. I have recommended this for many people as it really is geared for many different types of businesses.

Cons

Sometimes it can run a bit slow - but that is very infrequently now. I would like for the client portal to be more than just a viewing area for clients. It does seem that the more businesses you have on here, it takes a little longer to load. But overall none of these are deal breakers!

Brings Everything Together

Before using 17Hats, I had documents all over the place and my business felt very unprofessional. 17hats helped me get everything in one place and add my branding to each document. Now I can see all of my projects in one place, see who needs what, and very easily send invoices, contracts , questionnaires and other documents that are branded and professional. I also have it setup to send emails automatically. It’s been a big timesaver and game changer for my business. I can’t imagine running my business without it.

Pros

What I love most about 17hats is how much time it saves me by gathering my emails, invoices, contracts and banking all in once place. And it helps me send professional looking documents to my clients and connects to my square account.

Cons

It took quite a bit of time to set up, but once I understood it, I was glad I didn’t give up on it.

Truly a game changer for my business!

My business is much more productive without having to spend a lot of time on proposals, contracts and invoices. Knowing where each project is in the timeline is very helpful and keeps our projects flowing smoothly.

Pros

17hats is very easy to use - once you get the hang of it. Some aspects are a bit confusing to figure out, but their customer support is amazing and always there to help! Keeping track of invoices and timelines is super easy now and the bookkeeping feature keeps me on top of my finances easier than ever! The lead generation tool is very useful, allowing us to keep track of potential clients in 17hats right from the start without any extra steps.

Cons

There are some limitations, such as not being able to edit a recurring invoice. When a price changed for a client I had to delete the recurring invoice and create a new one instead of just being able to change the pricing, which I thought was a bit of a time waster. Also, not being able to schedule the invoice for a date in the future would definitely help so I could do things on my time.

The closest thing I've seen to killing all the birds with one stone.

It allowed us to start accepting online payments for invoices and e-signatures proposals. Also, it allowed us to make proposal templates, invoice templates and email templates that can be sent out with a few clicks-- saves us a ton of time!

Pros

17hats does a lot of things (and well!) all within one platform-- proposals with e-signatures, invoices with online payments (via Stripe), bookkeeping, to-do lists and much more. Plus, you can save templates for everything (from proposals to invoices to emails) so you can templatize your whole business, and you can create automated workflows where you can do things like have an email sent out or a task created when a proposal is signed. I've recommended 17hats to many web designers and digital agency owners and use it myself every day. It's perfect for an individual or small team.

Cons

If you have a team, you might still need a project management software. It's not very sophisticated when it comes to assigning tasks and working on things as a team. In our business (a web design and digital marketing agency), we use 17hats to manage all the back office operations, but we still have a project management platform that we use to actually manage projects.

Couldn't do business without it!

Overall, super happy. I've been using for a few years now and am locked in at a great rate. The user interface isn't as pretty as some of the competitors softwares, but it gets the job done and keeps everything organized.

Pros

It has streamlined everything from client inquiry to payment and everything in between! I love that I can send clients a bundle with their quote, contract, and invoice. I use workflows to keep each project organized. My clients also love it and have commented on how easy it is to use from their side.

Cons

There is no way to pull reports/data. I'd like to be able to see how many inquiries came in, turned to bookings, sales figures, etc within certain time frames. I would also appreciate a way to see data from questionnaires. Specifically, I have inquires fill in "where did you hear about me" and it would be great to pull those answers and gather data.

17hats is an all in one system that lacks a few integral things

Overall it's worth it to have emails and client documents in one system. It's easy enough for the clients to use too. It's pretty slick but I don't feel like it's truly an all-in-one system. If it had a built in scheduler or worked with Acuity, plus was more like Xero for financials, I'd be happy!

Pros

I love how easy it is to send an agreement, questionnaire, and invoice to a new client. Everyone raves at how much they love my clients systems because it's so easy to use. It makes booking in new clients a breeze.

Cons

17hats falls short on the bookeeping and financials. I find it's not robust enough to really even help me keep track of my money. I end up having to use outside financial systems like Xero or GoDaddy Outright because of this. The added expense isn't fun.

Great platform for all businesses

Pros

There are many pros to 17hats - first, you can try this for free for a month to get a feel for the platform and test out all of the functionalities. It's easy to workflows, integrate email, quotes, invoices, contracts - and you can easily sign off to accept a quote and contract right on the platform.

Cons

I did have some cons when I first used 17hats a few years ago, and stopped for about 6 months and came back after trying something else out. In that time, they had made a bunch of upgrades to the platform and made it much easier to set up new projects and organize all of your documents within each project. As of right now, I don't have any cons using 17hats.

Almost perfect Client management system

I love the support that I get. They are always updating and adding new features and the tutorials are so helpful as well. Great software...it has transformed by business in the past year...Can't imagine my life without it!

Pros

I LOVE almost everything about 17hats. I expect that the "almost" will fall off in the coming year. 17hats nearly meets and exceeds all my needs. I love the automation possiblities, the ability to track information, the auto population features that save me Tons of time! al

Cons

The lack of a scheduling feature...However, I believe this is something they are working on. I am praying that it will include a feature that allows for classes and for multiple people to be able to be signed up for a single class. As of now I have to use another software, but I am hopeful that one day it will meet all my needs.

Monetize Your Small Business Faster

The customer service is great. My overall experience over the past three years has been that this is a life saver for my business. One of the best investments that I have made in my business thus far.

Pros

17hats has become a "must have" in my small business. It allows me to easily acquire and follow up on leads with forms that embed easily into my website. The workflows help me to create systems and processes for client onboarding and support. The contracts, canned emails and so much more make it a completely robust, but easy to use system for any service business.

Cons

The only con is that you cannot whitelabel your 17hats website. I prefer a whitelabel option.

I like it, but I'm not in love.

I've found that customer service is overall pretty good. I'm surprised that people have said it's not great. I've always gotten ahold of real people. I do feel that this software is still being built up and they are constantly making improvements. I'm hoping they read these reviews to have more direction on where to take it next! Overall I find that for the cost of the service, I'm receiving a quality product.

Pros

It's a great organizational tool. I love the bookkeeping integration. I'm able to print a P&L report at tax time and hand it over to my accountant. I also like that I'm able to send questionnaires, contracts, and invoices to clients as well as automate much of my communications to individual clients. It makes me look a lot more organized than I am and I've had multiple clients remark at how personal each of my communications feel!

Cons

It does not have a booking integration and so now I'm purchasing a separate app for that. I also would love to be able to integrate Mail Chimp with this or even have a similar feature within this system.

17hats helps organize and systemize

The implementation team was so helpful and showed us how to continue to build on the basics so that we can really use it to it's full potential. Our private tour business has grown becasue of 17hats.

Pros

This tool really helps create a simple and cohesive process for all of your quotes. You can easily build templates for every service and email and quote. It has been a time saver and it has allowed us to work better as a team to satisfy all requests because it creats transparency for us all. We always know what the other has quoted or said. The bookeeping tool is also a timesaver!

Cons

It would be great to be able to use this as a bit of a marketing tool to send blast information to all contacts.

I love 17hats!

This software completely keeps my business organized and running smoothly. It is a life saver for sure with lead management, invoicing, contracts, questionnaire and bookkeeping. I would highly recommend 17hats to other companies.

Pros

I love how much time 17hats saves me by setting up the CRM and workflows. I am able to spend more time on growing my business instead of remembering where I left off with each client and my to-do list. The bookkeeping helps me keep my expenses together and easy for my accountant for taxes. The workflows are a complete life saver!

Cons

They are based in Australia so you cannot always reach someone and the 17hats app is not as up to date as using the mobile version of the website.

I've been using 17hats for about a year now and it has been fantastic.

It helps me run my business seamlessly and allows me the opportunity to provide a high level of customer service to my clients.

Pros

I like all the add on's that they have for use like the templates, the ability for customers to simply click one time to pay their invoice once it's emailed. There are so many features that make this platform amazing!

Cons

I wish that there was more integration with other platforms, like Hubspot for CRM or SalesForce, just because 17hats is not as robust in that regard. I wish that you could use multiple timers at one time, because I am constantly working for multiple clients back and forth throughout each day. Sometimes it also seems that there is a delay in how fast the platform processes data. I can click on a project and it will take up to 6 seconds for it to recognize that, and it's not a computer error either, as I checked.