boardPro Reviews

4.75/5 (204 reviews)

Benjamin Molineaux

Perfect for the small-medium not for profit board.

Reviewed 2019-10-01

Pros
Intuitive. Simple. Easy to use. And probably more importantly saves board members (who are all voluntary) time and effort. This is why we choose BoardPro. Everything in one place. Everyone on the same page.

Cons
There are a couple of features I’d love to see implemented, and the great thing is that BoardPro has been super responsive to incorporating this feedback.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Benjamin,
Great to see your positive comments about BoardPro. Our roadmap features and functionality comes from our many clients around the world. The link below will take you to our ideas portal. https://ideas.boardpro.io/

Jen Butler

BoardPro - a must have for all boards

Reviewed 2019-12-03

The team were super effective without being intrusive. They offered support and were very accommodating . The product itself is sleek, simple and logical - navigation is easy even for those not familiar with technology.

Pros
The administration and compliance efficiency takes the worry and stress away from boards. It provides clear governance good practice in a secure environment.

Cons
There is nothing I don't love about this software. I am looking forward to new feature enhancements that will only add to even greater efficiency.

Response from BoardPro

Hello Jen,
Thanks for your great review. It was great to see you enjoying the value from BoardPro. We have passed your kind words to the support team

Lindsay Clark

Saves us so much time & effort

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2020-02-04

I used to compile the board reports for our organisation and it was such a huge task combining the various management reports and appendices. BoardPro significantly cut down the amount of time we spend on this; it's so easy for us to upload the various parts to create a cohesive whole! Plus it's so easy for our team to review and feed back on the contents of the pack. We also use this fortnightly for our management team meetings and it's a great way to circulate the agenda, minutes, actions and any papers to review before the next meeting.

Pros
The ability to easily add multiple documents from various team members to create a cohesive board or meeting pack. Like having the agenda for upcoming meetings right there, along with any papers you need to review in clear defined sections. Also great that you can record comments, minutes and actions directly into the software. Having everything in one place i.e. being able to refer back to previous meetings and docs.

Cons
It's great software, can't think of any cons right now from my user experience.

Response from BoardPro

Thanks for your review Lindsay. It's great to see you enjoying the time savings by using BoardPro.

Hans Wouters

BoardPro - Profound Bang for you buck

Reviewed 2019-11-03

Outstanding. I love BoardPro and have recommended it many times to my business and NFP friends as a cost effective means to create and run highly efficient meetings and have sound document organisation and storage accessible to members online.

Pros
There are many things I love about Boardpro but here are my top four! 1/. The agenda/boardpack/action points/user integrations are fantastic - highly intuitive and very user friendly. 2/. The document handling and storage is wonderful. In fact I go to BoardPro now to view annual and historical documents in preference to our server filing system. 3/. The Help function in my experience has been second to none. The team are responsive, of course knowledgeable, personable and just lovely to work with (very patient!!!!) and very open to product improvement suggestions. I never hesitate to click the blue icon and encourage my staff to do the same when necessary. Thanks guys - you are a fab team. 4/. BoardPro saves time! Pulling documents and Agenda's together for meetings is very efficient and saves my admin team a lot of time when preparing for a trust board meeting. BoardPro will quite possibly pay for itself in hourly rate and binding and paper costs.

Cons
The inability to run separate streams of meetings with Action Points and Minutes etc flowing through. e.g Main Trust Board meetings plus sub committee meetings.

Response from BoardPro

Hello Hans,
Thanks for your wonderful review. It was please to hear about your great comments on our service as well. All the best

Kathryn Doig

Kathryn's Review

Reviewed 2019-11-22

I think BoardPro is good. As a Board Secretary, I find it more work than just doing board meetings via Word and Sharepoint. I work as a contractor for Canterbury Education Services who pay for BoardPro, so I'm not sure of the costs, but from what I know, I think it is quite expensive. For example, to have an additional meeting added for one of my schools, I was told it would cost $480 per annum. The schools I work with like it though.

Pros
I like the responsive and helpful support via messaging.

Cons
Not being able to email people apart from those who are attending a meeting and "ad hoc" (ie, not related to a meeting).

Response from BoardPro

Hello Kathryn,
We really appreciated your review and comments about our great support. We really try hard to provide the highest levels of support to our thousands of users around the world.
BoardPro is a very cost-effective tool when you consider the amount of time we save you when preparing for and running board meetings.

Thanks again,

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Josie Schroeder

Streamlined and Enhanced Accountabilitly

Reviewed 2019-11-18

Overall Boardpro has been a hugely positive addition to the way we operate as an organisation. It has saved time but more importantly it has enhanced the engagement of the board with the information being sent. It has also reduced the paper waste.

Pros
The consistent approach to agendas, minutes and actions has made our meetings more successful. It has enhanced particularly the ability of the board to track actions, ensure minutes are approved, and ensure that we differentiate between decisions, notes, actions - when before they were sometimes confused. I really love that the board members get reminded to do their 'tasks' so that this is no longer a nag from the CEO (rather a nag from Board pro). It is also really helpful that all the documents are in one place, and on the cloud - so if a board member is joining the meeting from overseas it is no problem.

Cons
There are a few minor things like the fact that only one person can own an action - when often in our organisation there are multiple owners of actions. I also don't like that we can't back-date when an action has been completed - sometimes we forget to mark the actions as done so when we get around to it the date is not accurate (so not such a good audit trail of actions because of this). AS I say, minor.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Josie,
Thanks for your comprehensive feedback. Our roadmap does include enhancements to BoardPro actions. Great to see the value we bring to your processes and people.

Ric Odom

Why BoardPro?

Reviewed 2019-11-18

From the start, BoardPro has been very simple to establish and use. On the few occasions we needed support, it was always provided in a timely manner. The staff are very responsive and unfailingly helpful.

Pros
It is very simple and easy to use. There are often new and/or improved features introduced which are relevant to us. The Board that is produced is well laid out and looks very professional. We especially like the fact that minutes can be recorded as the meeting is under way so that the production of the minutes is done in almost real time. We also like the Document section which allows us to keep relevant governance documents in BoardPro so Board members can refer to them at any time.

Cons
There is very little we don't like. If I was to be picky, it can take a few minutes for the final Board Pack to be built and available, but that really is not an issue.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Ric,
Thanks for your great feedback on BoardPro. I particularly liked your positive comments on our support teams. We are super proud of the great service we provide our clients.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Tim Fulton

Board Pro is the way forward

Reviewed 2019-10-14

Sports Administration has many differing levels of technology ability. Having one system that is simple to use helps user focus on the important matters at hand not worry about how to write and distribute information to the relevant stakeholders. The support has been great when we need it and overall the experience with Board Pro has been very positive.

Pros
It makes finding, taking and distributing minutes fast and efficient. It is not a problem to take minutes so there is a good rotation of minute takers. Organising the next meeting is a breeze and reminders make sure everyone is aware of where and when they need to meet. Action items are included into the minutes with a date so everyone can see what is on track what needs attention. All the governance documents are easily accessible as well which saves time and keeps everyone well organised.

Cons
It works well and takes a few meeting to get used to how the layout and system works.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Tim,
That was awesome feedback. Thanks for taking so much time with your review. I have passed on your great comments to the development and support teams.

Best Regards

Kayla Jonas

Easy way to manage multiple boards

Reviewed 2019-12-11

It has been a great system so far and it gets used by me multiple times a week, and our other users have enjoyed having an easy straightforward way to find minutes, documents and everything just in the one place. The customer support team are also amazing - there have been things I havent found or didn't quite know how to do in the beginning implementation and they respond extremely quickly and always have the answer for you (usually with a video or photos of step by step instructions so it couldnt be easier to follow).

Pros
It is very straightforward to use and it is easy to navigate, especially when you are looking after multiple boards or groups. I also enjoy the prompts that it gives me at different stages of meetings, so it's almost impossible to miss a step.

Cons
The only thing I would like that it doesn't 100% cater for is the ability to take minutes in a board only time when the secretary isn't there - so for them to be able to take minutes and not have them visible by admins. However, there is the hidden folder options which work for this purpose, they just have to load a document in separately.

Dauniika Puklowski

Great product for small price

Reviewed 2019-10-20

Pros
It makes arranging meetings easy. The agenda builder is great and the minutes function makes taking the minutes during the meeting easy. It’s really easy to add and edit members, and the web based app makes it easy to navigate and pleasant to use.

Cons
It’s a bit of a pain to get to the previous meeting minutes. It would be easy if they were all in one folder for quick access.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Dauniika, thanks for your review. For a copy of the meeting minutes, simply select the meeting and then the minutes option. From there you can preview, download and print.

Sandy Gibbison

We set up a number of new subcommittees this year so lots more agendas and meetings. Yay BoardPro.

Reviewed 2017-11-22

Pros
The time saved and the ease of preparing agendas and minutes. And a system to keep track of the actions is great. We used to do all of that manually so we're streets ahead of where we were. We set up 4 new subcommittees this year so having BoardPro has been hugely helpful. Initially, there was a steady stream of minor and major bugs/teething problems but those are steadily being worked through. I find that I don't need to get in touch with the Help Desk as often and clearly things are working well for us. Another great BoardPro feature is the ability to access it so readily from any of your electronic devices and from any location. I’m an administrator so I can complete an agenda at work or at home and, later, access the minutes to work on and simply pick up from where I left off. And my colleagues can be working on it at the same time too.

Cons
Initially, there was a steady stream of minor and major bugs/teething problems, but I have to say those are steadily being worked through. I still get frustrated that there's no Undo button when I'm typing the minutes straight into BoardPro - I've lost work several times due to hitting the wrong area of the touch pad, which is a real pain. Ultimately, its important that our governors are happy with the software. They readily express their frustrations if they're unhappy, e.g. the page numbering in the board packs - the minutes have one set of numbering and the board packs have another. They also get confused about the different action points lists - in a board pack, there's a list of actions raised in the meeting at the end of the previous minutes (very useful). Then there's a list of actions reviewed in this meeting, plus an Action Item List. I don't clearly understand the distinction and if I'm not clear then I can't explain it and the governors start talking about other software options. That's not in my interest as I've invested lots of time and effort in getting BoardPro to work for us. For me, the action item reminders to owners are great. Because owners don't always react to their actions, (tongue in cheek), it would be good if it incorporated a graphic like a time bomb going off under a chair. That might prompt people to update/action their actions! :)

Response from BoardPro

HI Sandy, thanks so much for your considered feedback. I sent your feedback to our COO who will discuss with the team.

Daryl Shoebridge

Using BoardPro

Reviewed 2019-05-29

BoardPro has reduced the time it used to take for me to compile meeting agendas. I can build agendas through the month and load relevant papers as they come to hand. Access to documentation by Board members is much easier. The decision register is very useful as it is no longer kept in a separate database programme. Also the interest register is in the same programme as other board information.

Pros
I compile agendas for several companies, committees and a trust. Using BoardPro has reduced the time these processes have taken significantly because the names of those who will be expected at the meeting are already available and so is my template for the meeting agendas. It is very easy to make changes as necessary. The Trustees, Directors and Committee members like the notification process that advises them when meeting papers are ready for them to view and when they have actions to complete. I also like that support from BoardPro is available quickly and ideas that users have to improve the features of the product are invited, considered and often implemented so that we all gain the benefit of better board papers.

Cons
Nothing really. A challenge can be that the programme is cloud based, so if access to the Internet is interrupted getting to the board papers can be difficult. Consequently, I always have a hard copy of the agenda available at each meeting and a way in which to record minutes that does not rely on the cloud. I have been using BoardPro for just over a year now and so far have only needed to employ my alternative method once.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Daryl,
Thanks for your great feedback. We do have a companion IOS application for the iPad which you can download for free at the Apple store. I hope that helps.

Geoff Burgess

On Cloud 9 thanks to BoardPro

Reviewed 2019-10-02

Before we bought into BoardPro we had large monthly Board Books that not only consumed time and paper but were inflexible once published. The ease of creating, updating , and minuting meetings on-line is a liberation for the GM. Board Members no longer need to tote books around the country and refer to additional sheets of paper. They can annotate their meeting papers on screen and arrive at the meeting with everything they need and all actions completed thanks to the Action Items auto email reminders.

Pros
Using BoardPro is easy and intuitive to use but when you do hit a brick wall the comprehensive 'help' articles solve most problems. Beyond self help, the chat-line is so prompt and effective that it should be held up as THE bench mark for customer service - it's friendly, nimble and one of the team will even call you if you are really stuck.

Cons
The inflexibility of drop down dialogue boxes means that they get in the way when you need to see something that they are blocking - drag and drop would be a great addition.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Geoff,
Thanks for your review. We pride ourselves on our customer service so it was great to see your comment "THE benchmark for customer service".
Thanks again

Gaelle Deighton

A Big Fan

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-09-02

The record keeping and consistency of information is the greatest asset to the small organisations as they often do not have the administrative fire power to keep everything consistent. It has stopped the "reinvention of the wheel" that each new administration person often tries to bring to the orrganisation. It has meant that funders (& auditors) can given access to records during audit processes and they are up today and accurate.

Pros
This software is so special for small community organisations. It is affordable and it is an open and transparent record of the organisations activities, accountabilities and history. It keeps all the governance team informed and up to date. It makes the communication easier and consistent. And is especially good record keeping for any annual audits regarding processes and record keeping. This has been a real boost to the professionalism of the small organisations that I have encouraged to take this software on board.

Cons
Sometimes, if governance members are not using it often, they do get a bit confused as to the process. If there could be a scaled down, simpler version for very small organizations?

Response from BoardPro

Thanks for your feedback Gaelle,
It does take time for some board members to come around to a new way of doing things. Remember, we do offer free training sessions specifically for board members. We run these each week. To book a session simply reach out to the team on chat

Thanks again

Sarah Graham

Most affordable and easy to use meeting management tool

Reviewed 2019-09-16

Pros
The ability to assign actions to clients and create board packs in order to run structured meetings with esse of regernve to documents for multiple companies that we provide advisory services to.

Cons
There isn't an area for users to update their action items with a comment.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Sarah, thanks for your great review. As actions are part of minutes, you can't add comments. The best way to update actions is to pass your comments back to the administrator who can then update the action. Reach out on chat if you need help with this

Michelle Norman

Does exactly what it says

Reviewed 2019-05-28

- We have been trying to get our board members to transition from paper-based board packs to online for a while now and they have found BoardPro so easy to use that we have converted all our board to online. It has been a great time-saver for me as the administrator. Not only have we lessened the impact on the environment with not printing the documents but also the cost of printing and couriering the packs. - Questions are answered in a timely manner and the set webinar trainings are also a great feature. - Because of the success with our Board, we have also extended using BoardPro to two other committees.

Pros
- Ease of use. Uploading of documents without having to convert into a PDF a great time saver. - Easy to create agendas and move documents within the agenda sections. - Separate action items which can be emailed to those responsible and timely reminder emails also a great feature to enable items to be actioned.

Cons
- Cannot enter multiple entries under the Interest Registers for one person. Currently you have to make a new entry under each person (not ideal when board members have multiple interests). Governance Documents cannot be seen in the Ipad version. - Currently no spell-checker.

aye Christensen

Board Pro Review

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-07-01

Not solving any business problems apart from the fact it does save time having the board pack on BoardPro. Board members have commented that it isn't as user friendly as Diligent Boards and you can't switch between things as easily. I am still getting used to Board Pro and finding the best way to do things for us and as we only use it about 7 times a year and not on a daily basis it takes a while. I wouldn't go back to the old way of creating a word document though - definitely a step in the right direction.

Pros
It is relatively easy to use and saves time when putting together board papers. Great having a central portal to store all the important documents that need to be referred to regularly instead of having to find them elsewhere. Great that you can access it from any computer anywhere. I don't use the app version so can't comment on that.

Cons
When you copy a previous meeting it doesn't bring over the attachments and some attachments are regular documents - would be good if they transferred over and you had the ability to amend them through Board Pro and not have them stored elsewhere and attach. Sometimes we have matters arising which need to be deleted for whatever reason and you can't do that - you have to mark them done and wait for them to drop off the list. It seems to show all matters arising even if they are complete when really we don't need to see those in the meeting - good to have them in the background but we only need the ones that need actioning to be showing for that meeting.

Response from BoardPro

Hello Aye,
That is really helpful feedback. I have passed this on to our dev team. We are constantly upgrading BoardPro from a UX/UI experience and feedback like this is so helpful.
Best Regards

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Wyn Osborne

A simple way to raise the quality of our governance.

Reviewed 2019-08-02

Our organisation has a parent entity and four subsidiaries. BoardPro has greatly improved the manner in which we prepare for, conduct, and report on the Board meetings that we hold.

Pros
BoardPro helps organise the process of governance. It is easy to use and it drives both the process of decision-making and the record keeping function across the various key activities of governance.

Cons
A very small thing, when adding a Governance document to the Agenda it provides a link rather than draws down a copy of the document. We are looking forward to the release of the Board calendar function.

Response from BoardPro

Thanks Wyn, we can't wait to release the new calendar functionality. We have it in test at the moment. Let us know if you would like to review the project BETA.
Sean

Geoff Neal

The Best Bad Cop!

Reviewed 2020-02-11

Outstanding. The software I recommend the most to businesses.

Pros
1) It chases up actions automatically so that myself, and other board members, don't have to. 2) Minute writing is faster, funner, easier. 3) Board members turn up more prepared = better outputs and shorter meetings.

Cons
A minor, but not being able to copy your best-practice agendas automatically across to new clients

Response from BoardPro

Thanks for the great review Geoff. We have passed your comments to Kim and her development team

The BoardPro team

Vanessa Wills

From the perspective of a newbie

Reviewed 2019-09-22

Fantastic, streamlined, and structured to date.

Pros
I'm new to the role of board secretary, so I've found this super painless to use. I'm not coming from anything else, manual or otherwise. It's intuitive, I love the autosave functions, I just generally like the way it operates. I also really liked the tutorials that really helped me familiarise myself with the software from the get-go, and I'll probably do them again soon now that I've played around with it for a few months.

Cons
Sometimes I'd get a bit confused about things like action items not appearing in the agenda, and realised I'd have to download the full board pack to get that. I'm not quite sure what the board members see sometimes. For instance, I'm not quite sure on the structure of comments from action points when going through them in the board meeting - BUT to ensure I've adequately captured the minutes and the conversations around those action points, I've put them in the action points themselves. I think the board might be able to see those now? As it may not be in an edit safe version. I'm not sure. Some of this is likely from lack of experience.

Response from BoardPro

Fantastic review Vanessa,
I have passed your comments on to our development team.

Jennifer Calley

Super pleased!!

Reviewed 2019-11-26

Better communication for the board. Ease for Leadership to prepare the reports. Easy to use for all ages of the board members. Creating an agenda, collating the reports, emailing them and minutes are seamless. Actions are visible for all.

Pros
The ease to use and function to email directly to the board. Collating the reports is so stress free!!

Cons
I would love to be able to edit documents in Boardpro instead of needing to upload. An editing feature would be super. I would also like to be able to add status updates to the actions.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Jennifer.
Thanks for your great review and great to hear that you are finding BoardPro super easy. We have passed on your comments re editable documents and actions to the product development team

The BoardPro team

Amy Waddell

BoardPro Review

Reviewed 2019-08-29

It has definitely saved me a lot of time in preparing Board reports. From spending hours putting them together manually, to uploading reports and letting BoardPro create the pack for me - it's great! And the BoardPro team always respond quickly to any issues or questions I have - good customer service can be hard to come by! BoardPro is often being updated and expanded so you can do more on it.

Pros
The ease of using it. It is so easy to create agendas and report packs, record minutes, record actions, and so much more. It is also great to have a center point for save all documents the Board need to access instead of documents being saved in all different areas.

Cons
A couple of glitches here and there eg I will click down to highlight something to copy or delete but once I unclick the mouse, the highlight disappears. Also a couple of things I'd like to be able to do on there, I can't, but the staff are open to these ideas and there is an idea area where you can suggest things you want on there.

Response from BoardPro

Thanks for your review Amy,
We are always trying to improve the user experience of BoardPro and our Ideas portal (https://ideas.boardpro.io/) is the way we receive feedback from our users around the globe. Feel free to reach out any time.

William Durning

Making good boards great is what BoardPro is all about

Reviewed 2017-10-25

We have saved time and money improved forward planning and communication, it's been a game changer.

Pros
For those that are needing an idea where to start, BoardPro gives you that. For those that then need flexibility to adapt their board meeting, BoardPro handles it with ease. For those directors and chair's that sit on multiple entities, BoardPro is a must have. On the move needing access when you what where you are, BoardPro is Cloud based. Quite simple it's a game changer

Cons
This product is constantly being developed, as such you need to be using it regularly to get the full benefit. Training for those directors who are still used to paper board packs will need a little extra effort to help on-board them well

Daniela Theodorou

Board and 2 Sub Committees Accounts with BoardPro

Reviewed 2019-08-27

Communication with Board and S/Cs is going well as a result of using BoardPro, we are all connected and accessing any recent or old documents at the click of a button.

Pros
Environmentally friendly, moving away from hard copies. Accessing and updating at any point any papers or governance documents. Being a live system. We are very connected with the Board and S/Cs.

Cons
The formatting is limited. The formatting is not working in all areas of BoardPro.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Daniela,
thanks for your kind feedback.

Tania Jones

I recommend BoardPro to all my organisations!

Reviewed 2020-02-06

Board Pro is a fantastic tool for Boards to be in control of their key documents. No more searching for latest versions or drafts vs final. The meeting documents are easy to search, and the Governance documents are secure and available. The software makes induction to a new Board member so much easier as all their key information is in one place and has automatic reminders for them about meeting dates and times. I recommend Board Pro to all organisations I work with.

Pros
The collation of Governance documents and Meeting documents in a single place that is easy to navigate. Having the Conflict of interest register and person list clearly available and up to date, and able to be updated. No more searching around for the latest version of documents or current document in use as they are all secure in Board Pro. Easy to use agenda setting and minutes template.

Cons
Only the Admin and Chair can edit the meeting agendas, but it would be great to have a feature where you could send in agenda items for consideration, especially as Vice Chair. This software doesn't include a meeting evaluation function that could go with the meeting documents to tell the whole story of the meeting. We still have to use an external survey system to capture the meeting evaluations then add that information into Board Pro.

Response from BoardPro

Thanks Tania,
The team really appreciated your considered feedback. I have passed your comments on to the product development team.