All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Boardpro Reviews

Pros

The Boardpacks are easily produced and popular with my board members. I had to use the online live help once and it was the best i have encountered anywhere.

samantha j.

Read the full review
Incredibly easy to use, and super easy for our Governance team to deploy, as well as manage every month. Great functionality, as good as other Board software I have used.

Dianne W.

Read the full review
BoardPro is a great platform which delivers everything we need in an easy to use and intuitive software. As an Association, value for money is important, and BoardPro delivers great value.

Holly M.

Read the full review

Cons

The formatting is limited. The formatting is not working in all areas of BoardPro.

Daniela T.

Read the full review
No more time wasted printing, collating and binding hard copy booklets.

Janine Q.

Read the full review
Sometimes we have had some inconsistencies with meetings feeding to Google calendars, but this could be a user error.

Jayden P.

Read the full review

Simple, efficient – where were you 20 years ago!?

I came on board to take a small not-for-profit and expand it nationally. Board Pro instantly solved what could have been weeks of designing a governance system. Each month we save hours of administrative work.

Pros

Board Pro replicates the board governance process that I have used for years. Everything in one place, board packets are easy to produce and modify. Board members are able to use the files as they wish – online or download the PDF. I love the fact that the formatting is automated. Board Pro saves at least four hours of administration time setting up the board packet. The price point makes it easy to decide to go with the software. It is without peer.

Cons

Small and responsive, the team at Board Pro seemed to anticipate any improvements I could ask for. Impressively, they routinely ask for feedback and ideas.

Hi Peter, thanks for your great review and feedback. It's great to see the amount of time we are saving you each month. Regards The BoardPro Team

Board management solution that not only removes stress but adds real quality to governance

BoardPro helps me use my time more efficiently in preparation of Board meetings. Whereas our Board Packs in the past consisted of a range of separate documents that were at times not easy to work through, Board Pro automatically compiles a single pack that follows the Agenda sequence, and has a contents page. The ease of pulling minutes and decisions of prior meetings into future meetings saves a lot of valuable time, and helps us ensure that we do not miss important actions. Overall, our governance has developed significantly through just using BoardPro as our meeting platform.

Pros

Easy to use features, like using agenda templates, automatically adding due decisions, easy edits. Time-saving features - click through options for common tasks. Professional looking documents, and help provided to prepare documents. Secure storage of meeting and governance documents in a logical structure and single location. Ability to access meeting documents online or have it emailed to members. Very affordable pricing for a non-profit organisation.

Cons

Getting used to terminology (like 'roll back') and what it means. No ability for members to edit meeting documents collaboratively.

Hi Neil, thanks for taking the time out of your day to write such a comprehensive review for BoardPro. Much appreciated. The BoardPro Team

BoardPro Review

My overall experience is a positive one. I find BoardPro the best software to use and I will continue to use it.

Pros

I enjoy the ease in which I can access documents, the reminders that I receive regarding meetings, and the user interface is clean and easy to use. I like the layout of board packs and how each meeting automatically gets added to my calendar. Without BoardPro, I would miss meetings.

Cons

There isn't much I would change about board bro, one small thing could be that sometimes it takes a while to load but that's probably just my device.

Hello Jackson, Thanks for taking time out of your day to write a review for us. The feedback was great thanks. Regards The BoardPro team

Usability of Boardpro

I am still on trail

Pros

It is Easy to use and Its user friendly

Cons

It needs good internet connectivity and power

Good governance enabler

Has made role as Chair so much simpler and meeting management more effective. Boardpro (the team) really responsive to queries, and the response is rapid. This also makes Boardpro a standout. I'm careful about recommending stuff to people, but I do mentoring on governance for not for profit organisations. I have no hesitation in advising them to get on to Boardpro. Not for profits are really reluctant to invest in overheads, but there is real value in the productivity gain in investing in this software. In my view, it also makes life easier for volunteer trustees, who deserve having their lives made easier given their freely-given time from busy lives.

Pros

Well thought through and designed. Provides a structured way to get information in front of Board members. Able to store Board files, and to search previous meeting documentation and decisions. Great automated task tracker, and terrific job of managing minutes. Ability to annotate papers useful, esp if using tablet or touch screen.

Cons

Search facility seems a bit hit and miss - does not seem to find documents unless title expressed accurately and in full.

Hello John, Thanks for your comprehensive review and thanks again for joining the BoardPro family of users around the world. Regards The BoardPro team

Easy to use, fully featured, great for task assignment

Great for quick and simple board meetings and seeing all my Boards/membership in one place. All our Boards have executive directors, and our Board meetings can be operationally focussed at times, so the task assignment capability is great for us.

Pros

Ease of use and task assignment capability. Turns out their support is excellent too.

Cons

Nothing immediately comes to mind. Document management could be better for us but I know the Boardpro team are working on that.

Hi Matthew, Thanks for taking the time to write a review for us here at BoardPro. It's great to see you getting great value from our software. Regards The BoardPro team

Easy to Use & Great Value for Money

Compared with other 'similar' products, BoardPro has most of the features of the more expensive products and is far easier to use. The sub-committee functionality along with the online minute are both great new features. BoardPro is an ideal choice for SME or NFP organisations.

Pros

The software is logical, easy to use and easy to make changes. It allows for meeting agendas to be quickly built, populated with Board documents or referred to the document library and transmitted to Staff and Directors. The document library, decision and actions registers are clear, concise and automated. Directors can use tablets or laptops in meeting to annotate papers and make notes directly online.

Cons

There are very little cons to BoardPro. Perhaps a document signing function would be helpful.

Hello Andy, Thanks for taking the time to write a review for us at BoardPro. We really appreciate your comments and feedback Regards The BoardPro Team

Useful, practical, and easy to use.

Allows me to focus on my governance job.

Pros

BoardPro makes coordination and logistics of board meetings and papers easy for board members. All info in the same place and and not mucking about with lots of different systems and software.

Cons

As a user I have no major gripes. It works for me

Hi Craig, Thanks for writing such a comprehensive review for us. Have a great 2021. Regards The BoardPro team

Cost effective administration

After years of struggling with minute takers, document control and administrative systems in various governance endeavours, I have now seen BP implemented in 4 organisations, all with great sighs of relief. One document source for master copies, one site for archiving papers and minutes and one system for minute taking. Controlled, secure, easy.

Pros

BP is an effective affordable tool for Board administration.

Cons

Convincing other board members that a software program would not be difficult to use.

Hi Bronwyn, Thanks for taking the time to write a review for us. We really appreciate it. Regards The BoardPro team

keeping governance simple and effective

very easy to use, all our board members like it, great way to share and store files and capture actions, then be prompted to follow up on them :-) I am also a board director on two boards one of which uses boardpro and the other uses a more expensive alternative - I prefer Board pro as a Director user and as a CEO.

Pros

easy to set up, easy for users to engage with, efficient way to prepare and share board papers and capture actions and notes

Cons

sometimes you have to look for what you need by scrolling and moving around but once you get the hang of it its easy - often users are only using one a month or so so there isn't a lot of practice :-)

Hi Alison, Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review for us here at BoardPro. It was a pleasure to read your comments, particularly around the "other more expensive options considered" . Best Regards The BoardPro Team

We set up a number of new subcommittees this year so lots more agendas and meetings. Yay BoardPro.

Pros

The time saved and the ease of preparing agendas and minutes. And a system to keep track of the actions is great. We used to do all of that manually so we're streets ahead of where we were. We set up 4 new subcommittees this year so having BoardPro has been hugely helpful. Initially, there was a steady stream of minor and major bugs/teething problems but those are steadily being worked through. I...

Cons

Initially, there was a steady stream of minor and major bugs/teething problems, but I have to say those are steadily being worked through. I still get frustrated that there's no Undo button when I'm typing the minutes straight into BoardPro - I've lost work several times due to hitting the wrong area of the touch pad, which is a real pain. Ultimately, its important that our governors are happy with...

HI Sandy, thanks so much for your considered feedback. I sent your feedback to our COO who will discuss with the team.

Using BoardPro

BoardPro has reduced the time it used to take for me to compile meeting agendas. I can build agendas through the month and load relevant papers as they come to hand. Access to documentation by Board members is much easier. The decision register is very useful as it is no longer kept in a separate database programme. Also the interest register is in the same programme as other board information.

Pros

I compile agendas for several companies, committees and a trust. Using BoardPro has reduced the time these processes have taken significantly because the names of those who will be expected at the meeting are already available and so is my template for the meeting agendas. It is very easy to make changes as necessary. The Trustees, Directors and Committee members like the notification process that advises them when meeting papers are ready for them to view and when they have actions to complete. I also like that support from BoardPro is available quickly and ideas that users have to improve the features of the product are invited, considered and often implemented so that we all gain the benefit of better board papers.

Cons

Nothing really. A challenge can be that the programme is cloud based, so if access to the Internet is interrupted getting to the board papers can be difficult. Consequently, I always have a hard copy of the agenda available at each meeting and a way in which to record minutes that does not rely on the cloud. I have been using BoardPro for just over a year now and so far have only needed to employ my alternative method once.

Hi Daryl, Thanks for your great feedback. We do have a companion IOS application for the iPad which you can download for free at the Apple store. I hope that helps. Regards Sean McDonald

BoardPro - a must have for all boards

The team were super effective without being intrusive. They offered support and were very accommodating . The product itself is sleek, simple and logical - navigation is easy even for those not familiar with technology.

Pros

The administration and compliance efficiency takes the worry and stress away from boards. It provides clear governance good practice in a secure environment.

Cons

There is nothing I don't love about this software. I am looking forward to new feature enhancements that will only add to even greater efficiency.

Hello Jen, Thanks for your great review. It was great to see you enjoying the value from BoardPro. We have passed your kind words to the support team Regards The BoardPro Team

BoardPro wins us over

We have reduced our Board Meeting preparation hours by about 40 hours and we no longer have to rush to get documents and PDFs completed for printing and posting. Board Meeting documents are prepared and uploaded weeks in advance and we are much better organised. Visibly of outstanding tasks is greater and ownership for a complete process is easier to assign.

Pros

We no longer use Sharepoint for managing grant application documents. We don't have to use other subscription applications to create PDF's of sensitive documents and these no longer have to be emailed around. We have stopped printing and posting/delivering massive Board Packs.

Cons

The action item functionality could do with a bit of enhancement. There is no group management of a task, the action item in 1 of 4 statuses and there is no workflow associated with it. It would be good to be able to use BoardPro to track communications around action items.

Hi Michelle, It was a real pleasure to receive and read your review. Thank you. We have passed on your comment to the product team. Regards The BoardPro team

BoardPro Review

BoardPro has provided our organisation (consisting of several entities) to have a consistent approach and format with the management of minutes. I cannot stress enough the ability to have a one stop shop that allows for committee to have ease of access when and where required.

Pros

One stop shop. The ability to store all associated meeting documents and policies in one location. Ease of use from an auditing perspective. Ease of dragging in documents to add to the meeting agenda. The save function as minutes are taken. Capability of inviting guests to specific meetings. Being able to send out notifications to the committee members within the application, provision of action item reports and emailing these directly from within boardpro, receiving an email with the link for ease of access to the board pack. Ease of adjusting the agenda items and cloning being a time saver. Able to access from any location including the utilization of the app on smart devices.

Cons

Overall the product provides and meets our business requirements adequately. The only thing that I really need to add is that the board pack view alters to the view / layout compared to what the minute taker sees and can at times be a little confusing.

Hello Marian, Thanks for your considered feedback. Regards The BoardPro Team

Streamlined and Enhanced Accountabilitly

Overall Boardpro has been a hugely positive addition to the way we operate as an organisation. It has saved time but more importantly it has enhanced the engagement of the board with the information being sent. It has also reduced the paper waste.

Pros

The consistent approach to agendas, minutes and actions has made our meetings more successful. It has enhanced particularly the ability of the board to track actions, ensure minutes are approved, and ensure that we differentiate between decisions, notes, actions - when before they were sometimes confused. I really love that the board members get reminded to do their 'tasks' so that this is no longer a nag from the CEO (rather a nag from Board pro). It is also really helpful that all the documents are in one place, and on the cloud - so if a board member is joining the meeting from overseas it is no problem.

Cons

There are a few minor things like the fact that only one person can own an action - when often in our organisation there are multiple owners of actions. I also don't like that we can't back-date when an action has been completed - sometimes we forget to mark the actions as done so when we get around to it the date is not accurate (so not such a good audit trail of actions because of this). AS I say, minor.

Hi Josie, Thanks for your comprehensive feedback. Our roadmap does include enhancements to BoardPro actions. Great to see the value we bring to your processes and people. Regards Sean McDonald

On Cloud 9 thanks to BoardPro

Before we bought into BoardPro we had large monthly Board Books that not only consumed time and paper but were inflexible once published. The ease of creating, updating , and minuting meetings on-line is a liberation for the GM. Board Members no longer need to tote books around the country and refer to additional sheets of paper. They can annotate their meeting papers on screen and arrive at the meeting with everything they need and all actions completed thanks to the Action Items auto email reminders.

Pros

Using BoardPro is easy and intuitive to use but when you do hit a brick wall the comprehensive 'help' articles solve most problems. Beyond self help, the chat-line is so prompt and effective that it should be held up as THE bench mark for customer service - it's friendly, nimble and one of the team will even call you if you are really stuck.

Cons

The inflexibility of drop down dialogue boxes means that they get in the way when you need to see something that they are blocking - drag and drop would be a great addition.

Hi Geoff, Thanks for your review. We pride ourselves on our customer service so it was great to see your comment "THE benchmark for customer service". Thanks again Sean McDonald

BoardPro - fantastic customer support.

My board and minute taking experience is limited but growing so I am learning all the time to the nuance of different boards. There seems to be a solution for all questions I have asked of your customer service team. They are helpful and fast and have been a great help to me. My only constructive criticism is it would be handy to have all the options for help in one location ie FAQs, chat box link, webinar date/times, tutorial vids etc. I seem to find new support options as I go exploring instead of in one location. Personally, I like to be able to investigate and troubleshoot problems I can figure out myself before asking for help and knowing how to use a program to its fullest possible use to get the most out of it. Having one location to get that help would be helpful.

Pros

Being in the early stages of using this software we are still learning. The customer support with their instant messaging (to a real person) and the webinars to learn with have been invaluable. The software itself is is logical and covers most aspects that we use. That all the information for the board members are located in one spot and the ability to make notes is great. No more multiple emails to get lost in inboxes. On the administration side, the dragging and dropping/moving feature of the agenda items/sections and notes/decsions/actions is simple and ideal.

Cons

No opening meeting agenda item template - for actual start time of meeting, special messages, or noting opening meeting customs like we have for our organisation, also no template to accept apologies, but in saying that we can do both of these items manually.

Hi Julie, We really appreciated reading your considered review. We particularly liked your feedback on our support levels. We try very hard to deliver above and beyond expectations Regards The BoardPro Team

Comprehensive, professional Board management AND more time. Win-Win.

Great customer service for a tech-tragic such as myself. Very patient and proactive. A benefit of being nimble and and smaller than others. Good value for money. My Board members love the ease and can be confident we are exceeding the requirements of our constitution.

Pros

Small non-profits really struggle to manage Boards, as the reporting requirements are so demanding. Boardpro revolutionises this by automating all the time consuming notices, action points, minute taking and associated functions. Probity is preserved, risk lowers substantially and productivity is greatly improved. Love the new functionality of minutes that can be created between formal meetings.

Cons

Very little. Perhaps a more graphically interesting format might help, but functionality is great

Hi Sally, thanks for taking the time to write a review for us. We particularly enjoyed your comments regarding our support team!. We try hard to go above and beyond when it comes to supporting our customers around the world. Regards The BoardPro team

A Big Fan

The record keeping and consistency of information is the greatest asset to the small organisations as they often do not have the administrative fire power to keep everything consistent. It has stopped the "reinvention of the wheel" that each new administration person often tries to bring to the orrganisation. It has meant that funders (& auditors) can given access to records during audit processes and they are up today and accurate.

Pros

This software is so special for small community organisations. It is affordable and it is an open and transparent record of the organisations activities, accountabilities and history. It keeps all the governance team informed and up to date. It makes the communication easier and consistent. And is especially good record keeping for any annual audits regarding processes and record keeping. This has been a real boost to the professionalism of the small organisations that I have encouraged to take this software on board.

Cons

Sometimes, if governance members are not using it often, they do get a bit confused as to the process. If there could be a scaled down, simpler version for very small organizations?

Thanks for your feedback Gaelle, It does take time for some board members to come around to a new way of doing things. Remember, we do offer free training sessions specifically for board members. We run these each week. To book a session simply reach out to the team on chat Thanks again Sean McDonald

New to BoardPro

I have already noticed how beneficial BoardPro will and can be to our Board and the processes in which we need to operate. I look forward to learning more in the coming weeks.

Pros

I really like the convenience of having all board documents together in one space as our board members are spread all over New Zealand. As an administrator I find BoardPro pretty easy to navigate without even reading any tutorials or tips as I have only been using it for 4 days and I want to start integrating into our current process as the current times call for a digital solution to add ease of governance to our remote working National Board and Executive Committee.

Cons

I have yet to test the ease of use for my fellow peers and the National Board so I am hoping to learn how to use it properly before hand and hoping that maybe a training briefing call can be arranged for someone from BoardPro to go over its key features and use with me seeing as I am the administrator.

Hi Janay. Thanks for your comprehensive review of BoardPro. Regards The BoardPro Team

Most affordable and easy to use meeting management tool

Pros

The ability to assign actions to clients and create board packs in order to run structured meetings with esse of regernve to documents for multiple companies that we provide advisory services to.

Cons

There isn't an area for users to update their action items with a comment.

Hi Sarah, thanks for your great review. As actions are part of minutes, you can't add comments. The best way to update actions is to pass your comments back to the administrator who can then update the action. Reach out on chat if you need help with this Regards Sean McDonald

I insist on BoardPro for all my board roles!

Board meetings have more structure. Referring back to previous board agendas or minutes is super easy. It saves me so much time as a board member and Chair. Action items are much more likely to be completed with the email alert functionality.

Pros

BoardPro is very intuitive; allows all my board papers to be in one place; as a Chair it makes setting the agenda and distributing the boardpack a piece of cake. The security was strong enough for a business our size.

Cons

Sometimes it generates too many emails but that may be the settings I have selected.

Hi Simon, Thanks for taking the time to write a review for us. Appreciate the comments from your perspective as a baord chair. Regards The BoardPro Team

Does exactly what it says

- We have been trying to get our board members to transition from paper-based board packs to online for a while now and they have found BoardPro so easy to use that we have converted all our board to online. It has been a great time-saver for me as the administrator. Not only have we lessened the impact on the environment with not printing the documents but also the cost of printing and couriering the packs. - Questions are answered in a timely manner and the set webinar trainings are also a great feature. - Because of the success with our Board, we have also extended using BoardPro to two other committees.

Pros

- Ease of use. Uploading of documents without having to convert into a PDF a great time saver. - Easy to create agendas and move documents within the agenda sections. - Separate action items which can be emailed to those responsible and timely reminder emails also a great feature to enable items to be actioned.

Cons

- Cannot enter multiple entries under the Interest Registers for one person. Currently you have to make a new entry under each person (not ideal when board members have multiple interests). Governance Documents cannot be seen in the Ipad version. - Currently no spell-checker.

Board Pro Review

Not solving any business problems apart from the fact it does save time having the board pack on BoardPro. Board members have commented that it isn't as user friendly as Diligent Boards and you can't switch between things as easily. I am still getting used to Board Pro and finding the best way to do things for us and as we only use it about 7 times a year and not on a daily basis it takes a while. I wouldn't go back to the old way of creating a word document though - definitely a step in the right direction.

Pros

It is relatively easy to use and saves time when putting together board papers. Great having a central portal to store all the important documents that need to be referred to regularly instead of having to find them elsewhere. Great that you can access it from any computer anywhere. I don't use the app version so can't comment on that.

Cons

When you copy a previous meeting it doesn't bring over the attachments and some attachments are regular documents - would be good if they transferred over and you had the ability to amend them through Board Pro and not have them stored elsewhere and attach. Sometimes we have matters arising which need to be deleted for whatever reason and you can't do that - you have to mark them done and wait for them to drop off the list. It seems to show all matters arising even if they are complete when really we don't need to see those in the meeting - good to have them in the background but we only need the ones that need actioning to be showing for that meeting.

Hello Aye, That is really helpful feedback. I have passed this on to our dev team. We are constantly upgrading BoardPro from a UX/UI experience and feedback like this is so helpful. Best Regards Sean McDonald

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.