Boardpro Logo

Online board meeting management for SMBs and Non Profits

visit website

Boardpro Reviews

4.8

How would you rate Boardpro?

Pros

I love the ease of loading papers. I love that I can change the agenda up to the last minute before publishing and the numbering of items all changes automatically - brilliant.

HS

Helen S.

My Board members love the ease and can be confident we are exceeding the requirements of our constitution.

SK

Sally K.

Good, I was an early adopter and seen it's functionality grow steadily over time - I am happy to recommend it for my clients and contacts to consider. Very good communication with the company.

Barry B.

Cons

We would be significantly worse off without BoardPro.

GO

Geoff O.

There are only one or two things that are missing but I see that they are in development, for example, Chairperson sign off of minutes electronically.

BM

Bernie M.

The pop up messages can be a bit annoying and distracting in the middle of a meeting.

SS

Susie S.

Great value governance and Board management solution

Transcript

Kyle P.: Hi, my name's Kyle. I'm an executive officer. I give Boardpro four out of five stars. For more...

Board and 2 Sub Committees Accounts with BoardPro

Communication with Board and S/Cs is going well as a result of using BoardPro, we are all connected and accessing any recent or old documents at the click of a button.

Pros

Environmentally friendly, moving away from hard copies. Accessing and updating at any point any papers or governance documents. Being a live system. We are very connected with the Board and S/Cs.

Cons

The formatting is limited. The formatting is not working in all areas of BoardPro.

Hi Daniela, thanks for your kind feedback. Regards Sean McDonald

Super pleased!!

Better communication for the board. Ease for Leadership to prepare the reports. Easy to use for all ages of the board members. Creating an agenda, collating the reports, emailing them and minutes are seamless. Actions are visible for all.

Pros

The ease to use and function to email directly to the board. Collating the reports is so stress free!!

Cons

I would love to be able to edit documents in Boardpro instead of needing to upload. An editing feature would be super. I would also like to be able to add status updates to the actions.

Hi Jennifer. Thanks for your great review and great to hear that you are finding BoardPro super easy. We have passed on your comments re editable documents and actions to the product development team Regards The BoardPro team

BoardPro Review

It has definitely saved me a lot of time in preparing Board reports. From spending hours putting them together manually, to uploading reports and letting BoardPro create the pack for me - it's great! And the BoardPro team always respond quickly to any issues or questions I have - good customer service can be hard to come by! BoardPro is often being updated and expanded so you can do more on it.

Pros

The ease of using it. It is so easy to create agendas and report packs, record minutes, record actions, and so much more. It is also great to have a center point for save all documents the Board need to access instead of documents being saved in all different areas.

Cons

A couple of glitches here and there eg I will click down to highlight something to copy or delete but once I unclick the mouse, the highlight disappears. Also a couple of things I'd like to be able to do on there, I can't, but the staff are open to these ideas and there is an idea area where you can suggest things you want on there.

Thanks for your review Amy, We are always trying to improve the user experience of BoardPro and our Ideas portal (https://ideas.boardpro.io/) is the way we receive feedback from our users around the globe. Feel free to reach out any time. Regards Sean McDonald

Making good boards great is what BoardPro is all about

We have saved time and money improved forward planning and communication, it's been a game changer.

Pros

For those that are needing an idea where to start, BoardPro gives you that. For those that then need flexibility to adapt their board meeting, BoardPro handles it with ease. For those directors and chair's that sit on multiple entities, BoardPro is a must have. On the move needing access when you what where you are, BoardPro is Cloud based. Quite simple it's a game changer

Cons

This product is constantly being developed, as such you need to be using it regularly to get the full benefit. Training for those directors who are still used to paper board packs will need a little extra effort to help on-board them well

BoardPro - Profound Bang for you buck

Pros

It is so easy to use. Organizing our board meetings, documents, action points etc etc, could not be easier. I could not be without it.

Cons

I have no concerns at all. There is nothing I liked least.

Hi Hans, thanks for your review and thanks again for helping us with the video. Regards The BoardPro team,

A Transformational Tool

It has transformed the way the Executive Committee and Management share information. All things governance including policies, strategies, plans, budgets, and corporate documents are kept on this platform and available to committee members 24/7. From scheduling meetings to building agendas, and distributing papers at the click of a mouse, to online voting, it addresses all your governance needs. No spreadsheets, no collation, no printing, no hassle. Minute taking is a dream.

Pros

BoardPro took the stress out of monthly reporting and committee meetings. It is time-efficient for all concerned, and so easy to use.

Cons

That BoardPro wasn't available 20 years ago!

Hi Hilary, it was a real please to read your review today. Thanks for taking the time. Regards The BoardPro team

BoardPro Review

My overall experience is a positive one. I find BoardPro the best software to use and I will continue to use it.

Pros

I enjoy the ease in which I can access documents, the reminders that I receive regarding meetings, and the user interface is clean and easy to use. I like the layout of board packs and how each meeting automatically gets added to my calendar. Without BoardPro, I would miss meetings.

Cons

There isn't much I would change about board bro, one small thing could be that sometimes it takes a while to load but that's probably just my device.

Hello Jackson, Thanks for taking time out of your day to write a review for us. The feedback was great thanks. Regards The BoardPro team

Once its set up Board Pro helps elevate your Boards thinking

It has reduced my work load, made my life easier and helped elevate our Boards engagement.

Pros

Production of Board Packs is quick and we can easily reference previous decisions. Overall Board Pro has probably saved we 2-3hrs of work per meeting. The flow on result is that the Boards focus has also elevated due to our ability to more easily give them access to information, rather than sending lots of emails & attachments. The Board Members are more engaged as we store all governance related documents in the documents section for members to access. We would not return to the old practice of scanning Board Packs as pdfs,. Based on our experience and the price I dont see us looking for an alternative option.

Cons

The initial set up took sometime, entering all the Board Members details and setting up the Agenda etc. Once done this has been fantastic.

Hi John, Thanks for taking the time to write a review for us. We appreciated your kind words Regards The BoardPro Team

BoardPro - Making Board & Committee Business Efficient

Overall the experience with BoardPro has been fantastic. Right from the initial contact stage, the staff have been helpful and no question is too hard. The BoardPro staff are able to explain the product in simple terms and work with you to set it up according to your organisational needs. The implementation process was great and now we are using the platform for all Board and Committee business it has changed the way in which we do business.

Pros

This software has changed the way in which our Board and Committees operate. We are much more efficient using an online platform and the record-keeping processes within BoardPro have assisted greatly as well. The software is easy to use and navigate. The ability to have multiple Committees set up is an advantage also. Keeping track of action items has now become far easier and review of these at meetings has been more efficient.

Cons

I haven't found anything that I have not liked about this software so far.

Hi Liz, That is a very extensive and flattering review. Thankyou from the team at BoardPro. Regards Sean McDonald

I recommend BoardPro to all my organisations!

Board Pro is a fantastic tool for Boards to be in control of their key documents. No more searching for latest versions or drafts vs final. The meeting documents are easy to search, and the Governance documents are secure and available. The software makes induction to a new Board member so much easier as all their key information is in one place and has automatic reminders for them about meeting dates and times. I recommend Board Pro to all organisations I work with.

Pros

The collation of Governance documents and Meeting documents in a single place that is easy to navigate. Having the Conflict of interest register and person list clearly available and up to date, and able to be updated. No more searching around for the latest version of documents or current document in use as they are all secure in Board Pro. Easy to use agenda setting and minutes template.

Cons

Only the Admin and Chair can edit the meeting agendas, but it would be great to have a feature where you could send in agenda items for consideration, especially as Vice Chair. This software doesn't include a meeting evaluation function that could go with the meeting documents to tell the whole story of the meeting. We still have to use an external survey system to capture the meeting evaluations then add that information into Board Pro.

Thanks Tania, The team really appreciated your considered feedback. I have passed your comments on to the product development team. Regards Sean McDonald The BoardPro Team

Feedback for Boardpro

For the purpose it was set up for it is great. I first experienced Boardpro through our Church. As a Marae committee we are well placed to adapt this programme to our needs. Maybe you could add some Maori labels for users in the Company section.

Pros

Technology is here to stay. We are a Maori Marae Committee on the East Coast outside of Gisborne. The layout of Boardpro is easy to read and use. Most of our members coming on are computer literate. It seemed best to retire leaving them with a too that works for our Committee. Im sure we would be one of the few Maori Marae Committee using your software. Your friendly support service is fantastic. I couldn't find answers as a Maori Organisation to fit your Company questions. We represent the Haapu of Ngati Konohi. We have many volunteers not employees. Would love to host a visit for you all.

Cons

It was easy to read and follow for an absolute novice (that's me). It is set out clearly ad with little computer knowledge was easy to follow. I really enjoyed being able to talk to a live person or answer to the questions provided. Once completed ones minutes looked very well set out and easy to ready.. I applaud the "Action" sheet.

KIa Ora Areta, kei te pai, It was a real pleasure reading your review. I have passed your great comments on to the support team who I know will be thrilled. Nga mihi ki a koe Sean McDonald

Saves us so much time & effort

I used to compile the board reports for our organisation and it was such a huge task combining the various management reports and appendices. BoardPro significantly cut down the amount of time we spend on this; it's so easy for us to upload the various parts to create a cohesive whole! Plus it's so easy for our team to review and feed back on the contents of the pack. We also use this fortnightly for our management team meetings and it's a great way to circulate the agenda, minutes, actions and any papers to review before the next meeting.

Pros

The ability to easily add multiple documents from various team members to create a cohesive board or meeting pack. Like having the agenda for upcoming meetings right there, along with any papers you need to review in clear defined sections. Also great that you can record comments, minutes and actions directly into the software. Having everything in one place i.e. being able to refer back to previous meetings and docs.

Cons

It's great software, can't think of any cons right now from my user experience.

Thanks for your review Lindsay. It's great to see you enjoying the time savings by using BoardPro.

A Sensible move for Boards

Greatly improved efficiency as a director on several boards and managing minutes and agendas easy as a Chair

Pros

Can manage multiple entities easily Board Pro notes software is great Ongoing improvements

Cons

Would be good if it could enable viewing of Pages, Numbers and Excel without having to download

Hi Brett, Thanks for your comments. Regards The BoardPro team

Better than more expensive products

Positive on all fronts. I can scale up or down as needs change very easily

Pros

The ease of set up and the intuitive usability. The technical support is exceptional. With some Board members not 'tech savvy' they had no problems navigating through the first meeting. I am paying less for more functionality and not paying for features that I will never use, as is the case with more expensive options.

Cons

Hi Bernie, thanks for your awesome review. Did the three (3) month trial convince you to switch? Regards Sean McDonald

BoardPro Review

BoardPro has improved the efficiency and management of Board and Committee meeting coordination and process, increasing efficiency and turnaround of papers and access to documents for all users. The action recording provides clarity with the ability to drill down on completed, current and responsible person, and the carry through to future meetings is excellent. To date our Board and Committee members have welcomed the use of this software and their feedback has been extremely positive.

Pros

BoardPro has an excellent process flow and is very easy to use and adapt to. It is structured very well, easy to learn and assist other users with any issues. Having a central storage for all information relating to Board and Committees - meeting papers, action and interests registers, governance documentation, etc is a time saver and great for accessing when required. The customer support from the BoardPro team is exceptional - the response rate is extremely fast. In addition to this online help suggestions can be provided, which can often resolve your issue.

Cons

The integration process for us was fairly simple, as long as all invited users register themselves on the system, but until they do it is simple to download documents for sending via email. My one issue with the system so far is the lack of ability to expand the numbering system within the agenda. I am hopeful that this will be changed in the near future.

Hi Joan, Thanks for your comprehensive review. I have passed your comments on to the development and product team. Regards The BoardPro Team

BoardPro simple and easy to use no matter what your technical skills

Pros

The ease of being able to go in and upload documents to the Agenda, even if you have published the Agenda you can still make changes. So easy and simple to take minutes and make changes throughout the meeting. Super simple to send out to everyone, has certainly saved me time in taking minutes each week. Can add agenda items while taking minutes so easy. Very simple to show others how to use as well if I am away and cannot do the minutes.

Cons

With the Actions List it would be good if there was an option to give an update on the progress of that Action rather than having to edit the existing action and typing UPDATE at the top of whatever you have already written. Just would be good if you could make it clear on where you are at with that Action Point.

Hello Julie-Anne, Thanks for taking the time to complete a review for us. Your comments around the Action updates have been passed to our product development team. Best Regards The BoardPro Team

BoardPro - just what you need to manage your board meetings efficiently and effectively

As a charitable trust that had just completed an amalgamation of several regional trusts into a single unitary organisation we evaluated a number of board portal options to meet our needs. We selected BoardPro as our board portal tool as it clearly seem to best meet our anticipated needs. The initial "Try BoardPro for free" offer meant we were able to engage with the product without any risk - this was complemented by the excellent online customer service provided by PoardPro.

Pros

BoardPro's best features include the automated agenda building process, the board pack builder, taking meeting minutes in real-time and having action points automatically followed up - all major important time-saving benefits for a resource-lean charitable organisation.

Cons

We are not aware of any major show-stoppers in terms of what the BoardPro software cannot do. We like their programme of continuous improvements and new features being added regularly.

Hi Alastair, Thanks for taking the time to complete a review for us. It was great to read your positive comments regarding our support team. Regards The BoardPro Team

Could not live withour Boardpro

What I liked most about BoardPro was its ease of use and best practise templates. It was also effortless to setup and the BoardPro team were there if I needed them. I have used dozens of 'Cloud Apps' and without exception, most had steep learning curves and ' time to value'. BoardPro is an exception this. Within 30 minutes, I had built my first board pack and distributed the meeting agenda and items to my directors.

Pros

What I liked most about BoardPro was its ease of use and best practise templates. ' Time to value' was exceptionally fast. Within 30 minutes I had built my first board pack and had distributed the meeting agenda and documents to my directors.

Cons

Like all great Saas platforms, the early days were a bit challenging but the counter to this was the awesome service provided by the Boardpro team. They were always there to lend a helping hand.

We needed something.

A task that was a hassle and not done properly is now easy, and the disciplines of best practice are being applied. For a small family company growing to become a much bigger company we need tools like this to assist us on the journey. We like BoardPro.

Pros

This provided an easy framework to simplify the process of Board meetings and governance. It was always a hassle and our approach was inconsistent. Now the tool, framework and templates infrastructure supports the discipline we need as a small company becoming a bigger company

Cons

It took me six months as a user to be confident in easily using BoardPro. But now I am starting to become a better user and find I am getting more value as a result. Suggest that customer follow up after purchase may be a good idea.

Hi Alan, Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback on your experience with BoardPro. Please reach out anytime if you need help. Best Reggards The BoardPro team

Boardpro . A true game changer for board meetings

Efficient, effective and so easy to use!

Pros

.Boardpro is effective and efficient . Everything can be easily collated, shared and updated in one portal. Notes can be taken prior and during board meetings. It ensures board member accountability. Following up on actions required is prompted and board members can see progress/ actions between meetings. It has been a positive game changer.

Cons

I use Boardpro for 2 boards and am Chair for one In my first meeting As Chair I did not push save at the end of each minute noted and lost all notes! Pushing save on the top right hand corner is rather haphazard ..I feel a save button at the end of each open action box would be a great advancement Also some Laptops are certainly better for user functionality Ie the iPad Pro with the pencil for note taking which I don’t have

Hi Janene, Thanks for taking the time to complete a review for us. It was awesome to read your comments on BoardPro being a game-changer :) . We have passed on your comments on the save function to the product dev team Regards The BoardPro team

BoardPro Review

BoardPro has simplified creating the monthly Board pack with the template system. The Board like the system of downloading the board papers ahead of the meeting, referring back to previous minutes and papers.

Pros

BoardPro has simplified our system for board papers, agendas and minutes for our monthly Board meetings. The templates make creating the agenda and Board Pack and the ease of sending it out so easy and time efficient. Producing the minutes after the meeting using the same template is very simple. I also like how we can upload all our Governance documents etc for the Board to access and read at any time. This has saved a lot of time responding to emails from Board members requesting documents or previous minutes.

Cons

The template using existing Board members makes uploading old Board meeting agenda and minutes difficult. Takes longer to manually upload documents.

Thanks for your great review on Capterra Ann. Regards Sean McDonald

BoardPro improves board communication & governance

All the reports being in one place is fantastic, no more trawling through emails to find reports that have been sent out. The accountability that comes with setting tasks allocated to a specific board member during the meeting is invaluable - especially that reminders are sent when a task hasn't been cleared which reminds you to resolve an issue/ create a deliverable before the next meeting.

Pros

Fantastic product that has really improved the way our board meetings function: - all reports are in a single place, stored for the future and easy to find - great to be able to mark up reports directly, no more printing out - being able to set deliverables during the meeting which then are recorded in the minutes are fantastic - reminders for your board deliverables is fantastic, prevents tasks from slipping out of sight and creates a visible trail of responsibility. - minutes are created almost immediately after meetings Would highly recommend to all boards of any size

Cons

May exist already but would be great to be able to add "annual recurring tasks" that are added to the agenda automatically at relevant time of year eg - insurance renewal the meeting before insurance renewal is due - conflicts of interest Particularly useful for a small board where tasks may fall through the cracks

Hi Eva, It was a pleasure to read your comments on the review. In terms of your question re 'Recurring tasks' , this will be a feature we will be looking at later in the year. Regards The BoardPro Team

BoardPro

The BoardPro support team are exceptional - always quick to respond to any queries, and to work to find solutions. Really happy with the overall package.

Pros

It is very intuitive to use, with a really pleasing user interface. It's easy to build up the agenda, and edit at a later stage, adding additional agenda items or files as needed, and then to generate and send out the Board Pack. It makes it easy to be organised, and to produce a professional Board Pack. It is super simple to look back on previous meetings and files, and to find what we need. And the Action Items are great.

Cons

There's very little I don't like. In any product, there will always be additional features that might be useful, but at this stage, there are no dealbreakers for us.

BoardPro makes document management easy

Pros

The best thing about this product is the ability to create agendas and add the necessary documents to the agenda. Added with the ability to create action items and assign them to people makes the tracking of workflow more efficient. The recording of conflict of interest and decisions has been made easy.

Cons

Currently minute taking directly into the software is hard as often within a meeting agenda items are not discussed in a linear way. This is not a big issue as you can take the minutes in a traditional manner and the software does help group things back with their agenda items when you enter them after the meeting so that the minutes are easier to read.

Hello Tai, Thanks for your review. Regards The BoardPro team

Board Pro makes life easy for weekly meetings

We used to send out an agenda in Word, with related PDFs, which all had to be separately printed by our attendees - now having everything in one "pack" makes life easier for everyone. As the administrator, being able to update the agenda over the course of the week prior to the meeting also makes preparation easy for me, and for anyone else who needs to access that information.

Pros

Using Board Pro is a huge improvement on the old system of Word/Excel documents we used to use for our weekly meeting. I've found Board Pro very easy to use, and have basically taught myself how to make it work for us. It's easy to upload documents to the agenda, and the fact that the meeting pack is produced with agenda, previous week's minutes, and all related documents makes life very easy.

Cons

It was a little challenging for some of our attendees to download an Excel spreadsheet that was added to a meeting pack recently, but it was certainly a learning experience for the future.

Hello Jill, It was great to read your review this morning. Thanks for taking the time to prepare a few notes and comments. Best Regards The BoardPro Team