Diligent Boards Logo

Suggested alternatives

onboard-board-portal
boardable
convene

Thus the ability to access and share information securely and seamlessly is one of the greatest attributes of the product.
Customer service is amazing. Like the ability to reuse templates so I don't have to re-type everything.
It's an awesome software and I'd totally recommend for any company secretary. It's worth every buck invested.
I'm frustrated that the web version and one-click are not identical yet and wait for the day that the web version can do the drag and drop the same way that one-click does.
My only criticism would be that i do have concerns of how documents we upload on a PC may appear visually on the users iPads.
As we are a not-for-profit organisation and not a listed company, we don't use all the features but there is no aspect of the software that we don't like.

Martin C.J. v.

Machinery, 10,001+ employees

Diligent Board, a perfect communicationsystem for supervisoryboards

I use in my role as supervisorymember in more than 5 boards, in three of them Diligent Boards, it is simply the best.

Pros

International entrance; international support; easy to use; local languages; etc

Cons

The mobile option of the system is not easy to use.

MS

Michelle S.

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Resistant to Love It!

I find the customer service people to be exceptionally knowledgable, friendly and helpful. Many times when I call and ask questions, they will go above and beyond in an explanation, send tip sheets or provide short cuts. I have even had them say to me, that is an excellent thought processes and way of doing "it", whatever I'm calling about, but then offer an easier solution or another thought or...

Pros

What I like most about BoardDocs is the ease about using it. I feel its fairly intuitive, easy to pick up on as its similar to other software programs you might use, they have built a great platform for allowing multiple ways to use the product. We have been using the software for almost two years and I would not go back to doing scanned PDF packets on our website ever! I was resistant through several demonstrations or communications with sales people. The last time, I felt that I finally could envision myself using the product and having it be useful, time-saving and user-friendly. I was ready to jump on board!

Cons

The software does not allow for a lot of individualization or specialization, such as on the featured page which is similar to having a home page. I would like to be able to customize this page or other aspects of the software more to reflect our own district trends or social feel. I also do not like that once reports are submitted, especially if they have executive content, the person who wrote the report with the content, can no longer see the report they wrote when it comes to making revisions or changing anything if its been submitted and at the meeting can no longer see the executive content even if they were the one who wrote the report.

NG

Nathalie G.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 1,001-5,000 employees

Diligent assessment

We have a secured library well organized

Pros

Support for the evolutions requested. Very good customer service

Cons

Sometimes lost between windows opened and by mistake we close the wrong window and have to re connect again. Not that easy when we want to download some documents (the path is quite long) Size of documents too much limited (necessity to upload in PDF format.

Thank you for taking the time to post this review, Nathalie. I'm so glad you've received the support you've needed. Appreciate the product feedback as well. Feel free to connect with me directly or your customer success manager to discuss potential solutions, including our web-based tool that could better support your workflow.

KF

Katherine F.

Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

Makes life so much easier for Directors!!

Diligent enables two important Board functions (provided that the hospital admins upload the materials timely, which they do really well after a quick learning curve years ago): 1) Directors (or Committee members) have materials in advance and there is every reason for them to be prepared for meetings 2) During meetings at our hospital and the system meetings, all participants (often 18-30 people...

Pros

Reams of paper, and many valuable moments in Board meetings (and administrator time), are saved because of Diligent. Our hospital system has used Diligent for Board work for several years now. The hospital administrators have mastered the art of getting the appropriate materials posted, on time and accurately -- and our Board meetings flow more smoothly and with increased engagement by members, because everyone has the materials in front of them and ... materials to review in advance.

Cons

I can't speak to the back office work -- I'm an end-user as the Board chair and member/chair of committees -- from my perspective I'd like to see some highlighting/focus from Diligent. Every Board or Committee icon on the software looks the same -- what if the Diligent Team were to put a red (or green or whatever- striped?) border around the most recent, the "live" meeting that members are to focus on?

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Why I like Diligent

A excellent tool for Board members, both for Board papers and additional and supplementary papers.

Pros

Ease of use, ability to hold current and archived papers and quality of support.

Cons

Highlighter color could be stronger. Would like to be able to look at two pages simultaneously when reviewing accounts.

Hi! Thanks for being our customer and writing this awesome review! We're very happy to hear you like our 24/7/365 support and find Diligent Boards easy to use. Thanks again for this positive feedback!

Gambling & Casinos, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Diligent is sought out by Board members

Our Board members asked our Company to implement this solution they liked it so much from prior experience. That speaks volumes for the end user experience. As an Admin user its generally pretty good too.

Pros

Collaborative, functional, allows board members to highlight text in presentations and post it notes for questions in meetings, everyone sees the same thing in the meeting, automatically resorts the folders and order when intermediate agenda items or items are added, available on ipad . Functionality has been added to conduct surveys and deal with minutes too.

Cons

Could do with an upgrade on look and feel, and some things just aren't intuitive, some defaults are the wrong way round (IMO - such as not automatically saving board members notes when a presentation is replaced - you have to elect for that), the client can appear a little slow on laptop at times but that may be due to where I am situated

Thank you for the nice and valuable feedback! It is important to us that our customers are happy, and we are always looking for ways to make our products better. Thanks for taking the time to review us!

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Great Board Portal!

Keeping all board materials in one place, paperless, yet providing a “binder” for the meeting so members can follow along.

Pros

I loved the security, convenience of having all board materials in one place, and ease of use. I have used with board members with various degrees of IT savvy and it’s been well received.

Cons

There is the ability to make private notes in documents which get erased when materials are archived - that could be a setting but I found it a loss.

Hello! Thanks so much for the 5 star review! We're very happy to hear about your positive experience with Diligent Boards. We would love to make your positive experience even better -- please be in touch with your Customer Success Manager to learn more about archiving and annotations. Thank you again for taking the time to write this review!

Insurance, 201-500 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Bravo Diligent!

The portal solved the usual transfer of a mass of paper each quarter, allowing quick and easy signing of compliance documents, easy and secure messaging and effective communication with members of each of our Boards

Pros

Ease of use and great customer service.

Cons

For us, there is no downside - Diligent service is there 24/7 for any support issues

Thank you for sharing this review! We're so happy to hear you've had a positive experience with Diligent.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

Used other for less than 6 months

Paperless board meetings!

So far, I am thrilled to be working with Diligent Customer service and all the tools available are awesome.

Pros

Diligent is a great tool for any Board admin looking to streamline all things related to board meetings (minutes, resolutions, etc). The minutes option is especially helpful for folks up of action items and is a great accountability tool.

Cons

Implementation is time consuming as with any portal.

Thank you for your review! It's great to hear that Diligent has been easy to use, and helpful for you as a Board Administrator. Thank you for being a customer!

Robert D.

Chemicals, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Essential platform for board governance.

It was quite positive. Before this software creating board packs was extremely manual and needed a lot of user intervention. Any updates that came in late were in risk of not making it in. there was always the possibioity of incorrect packs being used by members. Storing them was also a pain.

Pros

It allows you to signup for only the modules that you need. It is cloud based and can be used on any device with a browser as well as native iOS apps. It is very easy to create and update books and to keep them updated across all users to ensure the most recent pack is available.

Cons

Some of the user/committee setup needs to be done by customer service. While they are quite responsive it seems unneccessary and they are improving on this. If you have a small board/irregular meetings it may be costly for you.

MR

Mary R.

Government Relations, 10,001+ employees

Used other for 2+ years

Eileen Roth's Review

I like Diligent. I like uploading the books. I think the part of saving the book and having an easier time of choosing the correct people is rough. Also you can not change the email addresses or delete anyone on the email to notify the Board that the book has been released.

Pros

I like drag and drop of the documents for our Board of Directors committee meetings. I organized the documents in the correct order so when I put the book together it is a fast and easy process.

Cons

The four actions that I have experienced to create a problem. 1. When the difference sections of the book are uploaded, if you save the book and go back in, you have to save the whole book again or it will not be released. 2. When the book is completed, making sure the right people receive the book. Having to go out of the book to go back into the book to edit and chose who gets it. 3. Making...

Hi Eileen, thank you for taking the time to post this review. We have some suggestions that may help with some of the issues you are experiencing, including an auto sync feature that will automatically update your directors' books. Please feel free to reach out to your Customer Success Manager to discuss further.

MK

Moira K.

Government Administration, 5,001-10,000 employees

Moira Kelling

From day one, I have been impressed with the support I have received from Diligent.

Pros

I like that the product is easy to use and very intuitive. If I ever have a question, I know that my call will be answered immediately by a friendly and knowledgeable person.

Cons

I wish I could move sub-tabs between header tabs

Hi Moira - thank you for your review! We're glad that Diligent is working well for you and your organization and that you've had a great experience with our customer support team. Please know that we are always looking to make improvements to Diligent, and are taking your sub and header tab feedback into account - thank you for sharing!

CT

Cassandra T.

Food Production, 1,001-5,000 employees

Board books at your fingertips

My overall experience with Diligent Boards has (and continues to be) excellent, both in terms of using the software and dealing with the customer service teams.

Pros

From an administrator's point of view, quick and easy to collate, distribute and maintain. Storage of and access to material is also simple, along with allocation of permissions and access. Training and customer service / support is available 24/7 and is prompt, useful and reliable. The mobile phone app is also really handy for managing books on the go.

Cons

Some of the features in the legacy desktop app "one click" are a bit clunky, however with the development of the web app, this is becoming a non-issue.

js

judi s.

Glass, Ceramics & Concrete, 5,001-10,000 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Diligent Board Portal

Pros

Our Company has used the Diligent Board portal since 2011 and are extremely pleased with Diligent. It has eliminated a great deal of stress and frustration in preparing for our quarterly Board meetings, quarterly SEC filing reviews, obtaining signatures on meeting minutes and providing onboarding materials to new Directors. The ease of substituting documents as necessary insures that our users always...

Cons

It is a cumbersome task to provide access to new users to materials that have been archived.

MY

Margaret Y.

Individual & Family Services, 501-1,000 employees

What Diligent Does Best

Overall, the whole experience of implementing and using Diligent Board has been seamless and has created so much time-saving in my role for the number of meetings I control. And I can't speak highly enough about the Customer Support Team - they are amazing! So knowledgeable and so patient. They are the Gold Standard in Customer Support.

Pros

The most impactful feature of this software is the ability to deliver board documents securely as well as the ease with which documents can be updated or replaced right up until meeting time. The Resource Centre is a terrific feature that has been embraced by the Board and Executive team as the repository for all those past presentations and reports that still need to be referred to.

CH

Christine H.

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Review of Diligent Boards

The overall experience is very good and the customer service is excellent - the team are always ready to assist with any issues.

Pros

The web interface is very easy to use and it doesn't take much time at all to set up a meeting.

Cons

The Resource Centre needs some more development it is a little clunky at the moment.

ES

Ellie S.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Diligent Board Solutions

The Account management is Great. there is always someone on hand to deal with any small issues we have immediately.

Pros

Diligent is easy to use, our Board members have been using this for over 2 years now and find it as easy to use as the Administrators. It looks sleek when you log into both the admin portal or the iPad and is intuitive to use.

Cons

Integration to our existing business was simple because we had already been using Boardpad. When you have a comparison to using something else, it can sometimes be difficult to accept that not all the previous functionality exists.

Hi Ellie, thank you so much for sharing this review, we really appreciate it. It's great to hear your board members and administrative users find Diligent Boards so easy to use!

CC

Catherine C.

Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees

Using Diligent

It is faster than depending on couriers, non-confidential emails or clunky two-authorization email systems for security. I can create a book, approve and publish it to Directors within minutes. We use it weekly for Executive meetings as well and the material stays confidential with no papers remaining behind after a meeting in the boardroom.

Pros

I don't have to email and courier binders to Directors who live in other countries. It really opens up opportunities to have members around the world.

Cons

I understand the need to protect confidential documents but I wish there were easier options to print and export PDF items for Corporate Libraries. You can export a PDF but it is not similar to the actual book and tabs you receive on-line.

IC

Isabella C.

Mining & Metals, 1,001-5,000 employees

Diligent

Makes the work of the Cosec much easier in terms of meeting packs and approving of documents.

Pros

It's various functionalities supporting the Cosec function in managing of meetings.

Cons

Would be nice if books could be created in one window from loading document, to approving and publishing.

RB

Rachel B.

Investment Management, 501-1,000 employees

Best Board program out there

Pros

I build the packets. The interface to make board packets, questionnaires and so forth is easy to use and intuitive.

Cons

I wish the added features didn't require additional licenses or contracts.

Hi Rachel, thank you for leaving this review! We're so happy to hear you've has such a positive experience with Diligent Boards. Thanks for being a customer!

MM

Mary M.

Legal Services, 501-1,000 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Helpful resource for committee members

My company uses Diligent for committee members, most of whom like the portability of an iPad, and it is a great way to go paperless, including using electronic signatures, and to ensure security.

Pros

Initial live training was good and reference materials are detailed and helpful. It's easy to set up users, and they are happy with the functionality. As an admin, it's fairly easy to navigate the interface for document templates called books, and the Resource Center where other documents can be stored. Customer service has been excellent.

Cons

As an admin, I can't see the same interface that the users see. In some cases of troubleshooting, it would be helpful. Also, upon finishing and approving a book, I have to go back to the main screen to get back to where I can make the book visible, but that's a small inconvenience. Users would like to use the voting feature, but it's set up in a way that doesn't work for them.

Hi Mary, thank you for sharing your experience with Diligent! It's great to hear you enjoy using the platform with additional features like electronic signatures and the Resource Center. If you'd like to share your story with the Diligent community, please reach out to customermarketing@diligent.com

TN

Tanisha N.

Pharmaceuticals, 11-50 employees

Great Support Service

Pros

Ease of use and accessibility to support.

Cons

Not many cons to speak of. Great product.

Hi Tanisha, Many thanks for your 5 star rating! We're very happy to hear you're happy with Diligent Boards. Thanks for being our loyal customer and for taking the time to leave us a review!

JD

Jeff D.

Banking, 51-200 employees

Long-time user

Information security and distribution control. All at your fingertips. It doesn't get any better than that.

Pros

This solution is perfect. It makes management look good and it is so easy for board members to use. We've been using Diligent Boards for 11 years now, and the directors love it. I have board members from 44 to 79, and they all find it intuitive and easy to navigate.

Cons

Archiving books - you have to do it one at a time.

HI Jeff, thank you for taking time to share your review! It's wonderful to hear that Diligent has been so positively received across your organization for over a decade. Thank you for being a customer!

LF

Laura F.

Hospitality, 1,001-5,000 employees

Famous Brands Reveiw

Absolutely amazing

Pros

It is easy to use, does away with paper and gives one so much more time as no need for printing reams of board packs.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like to be hones

GS

Greg S.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

A happy user

Very positive

Pros

It’s is simple to use, information is easy to edit and add notes to prior to meetings. We no longer have to deal with large heavily bound board reports which have to be stored for reference. I can now access past reports in diligent which is much easier.

Cons

I can’t think of any improvements that I could suggest to the Diligent board reporting package

Thanks so much for the review Greg, we greatly appreciate it and are pleased to here Diligent Boards has made it easier to access past reports for you.