Google Drive Logo

Google Drive

Cloud storage and backup for files, photos, docs, and more

Google Drive Reviews

4.8

27.4K

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.25/10

Reviews by rating

Filestream integrates perfectly with Windows Explorer. I LOVE that I can access files on my computer that are on the shared drive in the same way I would access a file in MyDocuments.
Overall I am pleased with drive. It is user friendly and being someone who is not tech savvy it is nice to be able to use without having to contact support.
Overall, I am very happy with Google Drive. It is a good investment when backing up your files.
There isn't much I don't like about google drive. The offline work can be a little tricky at times and I have lost a few sentences due to this feature.
There is some frustration for lack of support for older devices which sometimes are just used for storage themselves.
Furthermore, it seems to keeps failing to sync a specific type of file (.suo , a Visual Studio related file) which however is only just a bit annoying and does not cause any trouble.

27,428 reviews

Bob H.

Executive Administrator

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Google Docs in a K-12 Education Environment

Transcript

Bob H.: My name is Bob. I serve as a director of human resources. I would give Google Drive a five out...

SM

Stacey M.

teacher

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Must Get !

Transcript

Stacey: Hi, my name is Stacey. I'm a special education teacher and I give Google Drive four out of five...

Ali S.

Apparel & Fashion, 10,001+ employees

Google Drive Has Made Work Life Easy

My overall experience has been what I would like to consider immaculate. So simple and easy to use and it always amazes me how much it is improved upon after all these years. Its free, easy, useful, helpful, progressive, and all sorts of other good things. I am a huge fan of Drive and hope to be for several more years.

Pros

What I like most about Google Drive is the ease of access. It has allowed me to store large files of which a lot of other services are unable to provide. That is one of the main reasons why I like to consider the product superior in contrast to its competitors. Google as a company never ceases to fail me with the level of ease it requires to use their products and services. On top of it all, they are still continuing to improve their products and services.

Cons

What i like least about Google Drive is probably how there is no dark mode. I really want a dark mode because of how much less strain it would cause on my eyes. I have poor vision, and when it comes to light mode I have a hard time navigating things. If there is a dark mode, i would at least like to know where to navigate it because I am unable to find it.

HB

Hollie B.

Public Safety, 201-500 employees

Google Drive Review

Pros

I have to admit, it took me a while to want to use Google Drive. Seemed overwhelming and complicated but once I actually broke down and started using it at my job, it became a life saver. The ability to auto save, create wording, save and share documents and back up your files, I have no reason to shy away anymore. I work for a county and we have 2 offices, 1 hour of travel apart. We need the ability to share our work and documents. The drive makes our lives a lot easier.

Cons

The con is the constant updates. Once you get used to using one version, they upgrade the system. I completely understand that changes need to happen, but a warning ahead of time would be nice so my team can prepare.

TM

Tiego M.

Broadcast Media, self-employed

Google drive review

Pros

It can store so much and it doesn't need any money like icloud

Cons

The problem is that it got limited space and i can seem to understand that

MB

Muhammad B.

Events Services, 51-200 employees

Office life saver app

Google drive is a part of my daily office life plus i use it for my personal document wallet as well.

Pros

File sharing become so easy and i store all my important documents in google drive and even access them from mobile.

Cons

No special discounts or extra storge offers

KW

Kane W.

Internet, 1-10 employees

Google Drive for Small Agency Team

Good, will stick with it, ok for £6 per seat, prefer to MS Office even though functionality can be frustrating

Pros

Good storage, gmail is ok, we only use Drive, Slides, Docs and Sheets really, nothing else is worth much. Some good integrations like DocHub for PDF digital signature is good. File share and access is good but can feel risky sometimes and can be confusing for other users with lower permission levels

Cons

Pretty dated interfaces, permissions could be better, could give more storage Price has just gone up from £4.60 to £6 per seat!

ME

Missy Elizabeth F.

Events Services, 11-50 employees

Great Brand, Excellent features and More to Come

I am a Google Drive gal! I love Google and love all of it's features from the calendar to the drive and all the spaces between. The seamless interface and features are fantastic!

Pros

I love the accessibility and the capabilities of Google Drive. It is so easy to use and allows you to harness the power of Google and still not be complicated or counter intuitive.

Cons

The only dislike I have of Google Drive is how much I don't know about it! There are always updates and features that I wish I had learned about sooner!

CM

Colleen M.

Retail, 201-500 employees

Keeps everything organized in one place

Pros

Google Drive simply is a necessity inside and outside of work. It keeps everything organized in one place and is easy to manage multiple folders, share and collaborate with others.

Cons

The permissions for Google Drive continue to change and often times there are documents that are not meant to be shared that somehow end up in the wrong place.

JM

Jacklyn M.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

Great Product

Pros

I love that it is easy to use, and the mobile access is unmatched.

Cons

If the files aren't organized properly, it can get a little be unwieldy.

LF

LAURA F.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Needed for remote work

Overall been using for years and a positive experience. the storage does begin to run out but I do love how it updates in real time and makes it very user friendly for the entire team.

Pros

Can share information and documents in real time with edits being made and seen exactly as they happen.

Cons

Running out of storage and not great upgrade options.

JS

Jesus S.

Farming, self-employed

Friendliest Storage

Pros

Google drive is very easy to use, and it has the security of google itself that it doesnt restrict but it protrcts

Cons

I did not find anything I wouldnt like about it

PF

Paul F.

Information Technology and Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Best cloud storage platform hands down!

I love it, its hard to believe I used external hard drives all the time before I got my google account. Makes it so easy to share pictures and videos with my clients and the email notifications that I uploaded for them makes it easy so I do not have to reach out every single time. Of course I feel confident in the storage solution and makes me not have to worry about hard drives failing knowing that google has me covered. Its truly the best solution in my opinion.

Pros

The easiness of sharing documents and files with others. I love that I can make different folders with different people able to view the content. Everyone has a google account and I feel like it is the most universal and best platform to use for cloud storage. I have never met someone that doesn't have a google account so its easy to share. Team folders are great for collaborations. I like that even if someone deletes something on accident not only is there a paper trail of who did it but you can still recover files within a certain time frame incase something does happen. I love the Google File Stream integration that allows you to pretty much see your google drive as a USB drive that is plugged into your computer.

Cons

I dislike working between the browser and apps the most. I feel like the interfaces are a little different and just have to learn what each can and cant do or how to do it on one or the other. However that is me being really nit picky and I honestly do not see much wrong with this cloud storage site.

TH

Tomas H.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Google Drive brings organization and piece of mind to members and Board

Before incorporating Google Drive into the organization, most of the record keeping was kept in binders as paper copies. As you can imagine, over time this is very inefficient and can lead to document loss, etc. Once we reorganized and brought Google Drive on board, we were able to reduce our paper copy/usage by about 90%. Even the items that we still needed initial paper copies of, were scanned...

Pros

Ease of use, because most of our users were already Gmail users, the adoption and integration of Drive into the organization was easy. File sharing, security, customer service and support have all been great.

Cons

The only issue we had, or dislike that we've run into is when we transferred from one account to another, moving the entire archive was a pain, but with the help of Google Support, we were able to overcome the problems we'd run into such as broken links, etc.

Dennis M.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Lifesaver

Very positive - everyone in the organization has adopted it. It is very easy to implement if you are a Gmail centered business.

Pros

We used to keep a shared drive at each of our locations and ask staff to back up critical file to shared drive. Now we use Drive and it really works well for our organization. We have established shared drives for departments regardless of location and individuals can securely store their docs.

Cons

I am not really sure it is an issue with the software however I wish I could map drives without eating up hard drive space. This may be available however the last time I tried it I ended up with a very full hard drive.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 10,001+ employees

Google Drive retired my pendriver and memory cards

Pros

Google Drive makes all the difference in my professional and personal career with my team. A prominent feature in the new service is the search for files, which is done in the entire content of the file, using keywords and filters, such as, for example, file type and creator user. The service also promises to recognize objects within your scanned images and texts, providing data about your documents. In addition to the powerful search, Google Drive has a tool for viewing files, which displays more than 30 types of files in the user's browser. The files range from high definition videos to Adobe Photoshop files, to text documents, spreadsheets and presentations.

Cons

The Google Drive service integrates version control for stored files. All changes made to the files are recorded and saved automatically for 30 days. If the user wishes, it is possible to choose a version to save forever. Thus, users can have control of what was done in their files, knowing what was changed, when and by whom. Version control for all files (Photo: Reproduction / Disclosure) Version control for all files.

HC

Hanny C.

Design, 1-10 employees

Most impactful software for a small business

Google Drive is being used to share and edit documents between employees of a small company. It is an excellent product.

Pros

Google Drive does many things well. 1) Using "Backup and Sync," Google Drive allows for synchronization between a Windows folder and the Drive website and phone app. 2) Google Drive seamlessly integrates with Windows as a directory without the need to open an app or website. 3) Documents can be shared and edited with multiple users concurrently.

Cons

There is a difficulty in managing shared documents in Windows. When a document is shared by someone else with you, it appears in the "Shared with me" section in the Google Drive website or app. However, it does not appear in the Google Drive directory on Windows. That means that I am forced to use the website or app for those files. This is a frustrating limitation.

VP

Vassilis P.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

The most integrated online solution for document management

We have been using Google Drive for more than ten years now and we couldn't have been more pleased. It allows us to store and share files and documents securely, it helps us collaboratively work on documents, and we can have all our files (e.g. GDocs, GSheets and even Gforms, among others), in one place. The search function is really fast and efficient, making use of Google's advanced AI algorithms, allowing us to retrieve files quickly without having to browse through a folder's structure.

Pros

First things first, Google Drive is free, at least its first tier, which is more than sufficient for most users. The storage available can be used for document storage, file storage and shared with Google Photos, to name a few. Second, I love the integration between Google drive and the GSuite which allows the organization Docs, Sheets etc. in an easy way. The online editing of files by multiple users...

Cons

It is hard to find anything negative about Google Drive. It is free (the basic plan), has plenty of features and provides seamless integration with GSuite.

Oska Z.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

This software changed the game

It's amazing, I love these Google products and the fact they are so good has really made me change my mind about Google as a company as a whole. I understand they get access to reams of user data, the likes of which has never been seen before when giving this app out for so cheap, but it really feels like an act of philanthropy. I don't think group collaboration or business will ever be the same again. This software opens the world up to everybody everywhere, no longer having to crack a version of Microsoft in order to start a company or send your dissatation to your teacher.

Pros

It's changed the whole way people do personal computing. The price is so affordable, the ease of use is out of this world and the ability to now collaborate with others will never be the same again. Firstly the way I can edit documents in real time with other people is extraordinary, this has saved me so much pain and frustration having to export document formats so people on different operating systems...

Cons

The sharing feature drives me mad, every time I move a file around my drives it asks me if I'm sure I want to share the file with people in the new file. This is so annoying. I know exactly who and why I am sharing my files with, this safety feature is so tedious. Also the fact I have to change the sharing options every time I share the file with somebody, you've sent a document to somebody happy that the next day they are going to make the edits and you get an email back in the AM saying "sorry I couldn't do the work, I didn't have the correct accsess", I'd rather learn the lesson the hard way (somebody getting the file that I didn't want them to) than having to update the sharing settings everytime I give somebody a link.

Internet, 1-10 employees

without google drive you may as well kiss your hard drive away!

Pros

I have been using Google drive for almost a decade. This price of 2 tera of storage is beyond inconceivable low - and can't be matched by the competition. My entire business and personal life is stored in the Google Drive Cloud. The best feature is that I am not forced to sync the cloud with my local device as most all other competitors force you to do. The ability to access my GD from my phones...

Cons

The worst and I mean the worst thing about GD is that backup and sync conflicts with Microsoft OneDrive and the 2 cannot run at the same time. This is due to a "defect" in GD that it creates a "temp download folder" in all the folders set to be synced, and this "folder" causes OneDrive to malfunction and stop working. Therefore, I am forced to only use GD when I go to sleep as I must have MS OneDrive...

AC

Abraham C.

Government Administration, 10,001+ employees

Pros and Cons of Google Drive

I've been using google drive now for more then 10 years and it has provided a lot of benefits in terms of file sharing and ease of accessibility. Sometimes I am required to travel overseas and I don't have to worry about accessing my files knowing that I have google drive behind me. I have also introduced google drive to my fellow co-workers who never knew about this product and they are amazed at...

Pros

The thing I love best about google drive is being able to access my files from any location 24/7. This accessibility gives me the confidence that I can get to my files on my laptop or smartphone without having to carry a flash drive or portable external hard drive with me. Especially in my line of work as an IT guy, it provides flexibility when I'm travelling or at a work site and I suddenly need to...

Cons

My least favorite thing about google drive is that the product is limited to gmail only and you may run into a few problems with synchronization with other addresses like yahoo, etc. This means if you share files to another person who doesn't have a gmail account they will only be able to view the file and not edit it. Moreover, google drive is a cloud based platform which means you will need internet...

VC

Valerie C.

Information Services, 501-1,000 employees

Making collaboration with colleagues easy

Overall, Drive allows me to collaborate with my colleagues easily -- the best part is how seamlessly it integrations with Google Docs, Slides, Sheets, Forms, etc. I would probably have a different opinion of Drive if I did not use these other platforms so frequently, and instead used Excel or Word. However, for my purposes, Drive works extremely well.

Pros

The greatest advantage of Drive is the ability to share documents with colleagues and manage content during collaboration. Its seamless integration with Google Docs, Slides, Sheets, etc. makes it the best cloud-based file storage platform if you are primarily using those. Of course, you can also upload other files types (e.g., PDFs, Keynote, Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.) but when your working with...

Cons

Overall, I am very happy with the ease of use and prefer Drive to other cloud-based file storage platforms. However, some functionalities are not as user friendly, and can sometimes lead to negative consequences for the user. One example is creating shadow copy file to another folder in Drive: to do this you press Shift+Z while a file is highlighted. You cannot right-click a file to do this; you just...

DD

Daniel D.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Google Drive as an easy-fast access to files!

With Drive, I save time, cause I'm able to get to my files anytime and anywhere even when using it offline. I can share my content rapidly with my contacts and business partners located on-site or overseas. I'm able to edit my files on different devices using all sorts of office editors, so it's a mobile software I can carry with me in my bag or in my pocket, it's very useful. I have not had any big issues using it for my business, personal, or class purposes.

Pros

Drive has been a no cost innovative tool that has helped me to not depend only on pen drives to have rapid access to my files. Its features are useful and effective by providing me large storage space (15GB) to keep my files of any kind (videos, PDFs, presentations, office, photos, etc.) safe, available, and cloud synced anywhere and anytime along my day, either through my laptop, smartphone and tablets...

Cons

I would say that at the first time experience it might take a while to get familiar with the variety of features if you are not used to cloudy storage tools, but it is not a big challenge and I would recommend a full tutorial to be created by the developers. The share of files through customized links doesn't come with a password, so whoever gets access to it will be able to read its content and it...

JB

Jorden B.

I use Google drive all the time. It's easy, has a free 15 GB free plan and has tons of 3rd part apps

Pros

To start with, Google Drive offers a free 15 GB plan. Google Drive is very easy to use. You can sync files/folders on your desktop or even access files remotely from the website app. Most Android phones come with Google Drive already build into the phone so it makes it more convenient to access. Google Drive has beyond simple cloud storage, with its integrated Google Docs office suite. Google Docs...

Cons

What I least like about Google Drive is related to it collaboration and sharing capabilities. For instance, if you share a folder with someone it's functionality is rather broad. You don't have specific links that only last a certain time or give the user limited time to access the file. I can be easy to lose track of the various links you've sent out and how has permission. I wish they had a notification system like Dropbox does for collaboration. If you are working with a team and someone uploads a file you can set it to notify you when the file arrives. Where in Google Drive this doesn't happen. Unless I am unaware of a third party app that allows this to happen. I also feel it could transfer files faster. It's not a problem with smaller files but larger files do take a long time!

YagneshKumar P.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Google Drive Review

One of the benefits if not more i get from using Google Drive, is the trust and security; as a user i am always relieved that my files and docs are stored securely on Google Drive with 2-step authentication i have the ability to add extra layers of security. Also, Google Drive is always readily available there is no down time, or i haven't had any issue upload file in Google Drive. I urge users out there to use Google Drive because it is secure, easy to use, available all the time, its free up to 15 GB storage, and so much to offer. I have been using Google Drive for almost 5+ years since it came out on the market in 2012.

Pros

Google Drive is one of the best cloud base storage out there that offers 15GB free storage that is if you have any account with Google, Google Drive comes with the part of Gmail account if users have it. What i like about Google Drive, easier to upload, store, edit, save documents, upload any file format, download option easy to use to save files any any device, or easily preview an file directly...

Cons

Google Drive does not have the ability to lock down files automatically for particular users who are within a group that i create on Google Drive to share files.

Najem N.

Computer Software, 10,001+ employees

Google Drive Review

Google Drive offers a user-friendly and accessible platform for cloud-based storage, collaboration, and productivity. Its seamless integration with other Google services such as Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides make it a very versatile platform for individual and collaborative work. Furthermore, its large storage capacity, accessibility from any device with an internet connection, and ability to share and collaborate on documents in real-time make it a popular choice for individuals and organizations alike. Of course, as with any platform, there may be some limitations or concerns that some users have with Google Drive. However, overall, it is a widely used and well-regarded cloud-based storage and collaboration platform.

Pros

Some of the features that I appreciate about Google Drive include its ease of use, accessibility from any device with an internet connection, large storage capacity, and ability to share and collaborate on documents in real-time. Additionally, Google Drive integrates seamlessly with other Google services such as Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides, making it a very versatile platform for productivity and collaboration.

Cons

I have concerns about the security and privacy of my data when using cloud-based storage platforms such as Google Drive. Additionally, I find the storage limitations of the free version of Google Drive to be a limitation, as larger storage needs require a paid subscription. Finally, while Google Drive is generally easy to use, some users may find the interface to be somewhat cluttered or confusing, particularly if they are new to the platform.

ME

Meghan E.

11-50 employees

Easy and Incredibly Useful Collaborative Tool

Overall great product (and for the price, which is absolutely nothing, it's hard to beat!), I use it each and every day and it has certainly improved my productivity and the collaboration between our various locations. Also provided by one of the best-known names in technology, which is hard to argue with!

Pros

The gem of this suite is the constantly-live-updating feature, which is consistently saving each change made and can operate with multiple editors working in a single document at one time. We use the Sheets (the Google version of Microsoft Excel) as a reporting tool within our company to exchange and update information in real time, and it has made our operations smoother, our reporting more transparent,...

Cons

The reliance on an internet connection is the one major flaw; if you loose connectivity, your changes cannot be uploaded (they save offline, pending upload until you regain connectivity), and you can only access the documents offline if they have been downloaded and it may not be the most recent revision of the document. Other than that, the only detractor is that it can't do every single thing that Microsoft Office can (which I suppose is only a detractor if you are a seasoned veteran with the Office suite and rely on its various obscure functions), but it does run several formulas and has definitely improved functionality over time, I expect more additions and upgrades in the future.