Hubdoc Reviews

Hubdoc

Import, archive and export financial documents in one place

Review Summary

Pros

Great tool-- from what I know, this is the only provider that does what Hubdoc does. I love all the features and tools available that are offered.

Krystle E.

The fetch technology is world class. This is a great product that I recommend to accountants and bookkeepers.

Rhondalynn K.

Aislinn K.

Cons

So much of my time has been invested into just trying to log in through Hubdoc. It only works with BofA and with the other two it just keeps giving me nonsense error messages.

Ling J.

Xero is a horrible company and Hubdoc has taken a dive with them. I left Xero accounting because of the poor customer service, and now I am looking for a new solution for Hubdoc.

Johnny N.

Julie S.

4.4

Entreflow Consulting Group's use of Hubdoc

Hubdoc is one of our favorite apps here at Entreflow, it's a perfect place for us to store all of our client's documentation. It's super easy for our clients once everything is set up to just take a picture of a receipt, and forward an email to the unique email address.

Pros

It has three amazing features: It fetches statements, our client statements directly from the source. So, all of their bank statements, phone bills, hydro bills, any kind of account or they'd have a regular statement, it fetches those as soon as they're released and brings them to us. They have a unique email address that they're given through Hubdoc. Anything that comes to their email; receipts...

Cons

So, where we’d like to see some development is in the multi-currency functionality. So, a lot of our clients have bills that come in in U.S. dollars. It's a little bit messy with the effects moving over to Quickbooks.

Hubdoc

Great experience, easy to use, integrates with many providers to pull documents from.

Pros

Amazing concept, documents in one place makes reconciliations and audits a breeze. Affordable partner pricing makes recommending Hubdoc to clients a no brainer.

Cons

Receipt management for company paid cards and reimbursable employee expenses is lacking. Hubdoc doesn't read the receipts to determine which card was used and automatically allocate that receipt to X employee. Employees should be able to setup Hubdoc inboxes with their own email address to send receipts to. Feeds break often so if that could be improved that would be great as well.

Perfect for getting all your receipts online

Hubdocs is a really great way to store information in a format that makes it easy to find. No more shoe boxes or receipts!

Pros

Great bit of software that is easy to use and easy to teach clients how to use. Keeps all my receipts organised and easy to track back to source documents.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about this software. Xero now included it for free in their basic package.

Broken for Quebec users

Quebec users please stay away. It's a frustrating app that thinks it's better than your own judgement to calculate the sale taxes!

Pros

The app is easy to use. You can start using it right away with few lessons.

Cons

The sale taxes feature is broken for Quebec users. The half-tax rule for meals and entertainment simply does NOT work. It's so frustration because at the end you need to download the invoice and do it yourself because the app won't allow to push your invoice if it thinks the sale taxes don't match. This is highly frustrating because in the end you are better to not use the software.

Hubdoc is part of my software suite

Pros

Hubdoc is a great all-in-one expense tracking/ document collecting software solution. I set up all of my clients with this software and show them how to use it on their phones and through email. Two great features for the accountant or bookkeeper. 1) Receipt capture. No longer will you need to contact your clients to request what a particular charge is because they can simply scan the receipt at the...

Cons

Hubdoc will categorize an expense to push the charge as a bill/invoice or directly to a bank account into the accounting software. One negative feature is the inability to tag the bank accounts with the last four digits of the credit/debit card that was used so the Hubdoc can push directly to that bank account. At this time of publication, we have to manually add the bank account to push the expense to - also assuming you have the last four digits of the cards memorized. Which I do not.

Recently purchased by Xero

Mostly positive. It is pricey but now included in the monthly cost of Xero

Pros

Fetching of popular bank statements and accounts is great - saves much time. The auto organization is also good if a bit confusing for new users

Cons

Xero just purchased this company which makes me leery of using it as a QBO user. I am considering moving to Xero now...

Simple Inexpensive OCR Solution for Document Intake

Our financial data entry used to be extremely manual - too much manual entry. We eliminated 75% of our data entry in this area, which in turn was a huge result in business efficiency. We also reduced our paper printing by about 90pc; decreased turnaround time for vendor payments, and increased the accuracy of our books.

Pros

Very simple interface - one screen to get all your work done. It processes documents quite fast and does the job well.

Cons

Mobile app is limited with some of the features, not all of the web-based features translate across to the mobile app.

good add on to quickbooks

Satisfactory. I think they should expand the number of companies they can pull docs from.

Pros

I like the fact that hubdoc integrates with quickbooks. that's why we chose the product.

Cons

You can only access documents on companies they set up. So if they are not big companies, you can't get automatic downloads of your bills

Automated Bookkeeping... Almost

Generally happy with the product and I recommend it to my clients

Pros

Ease of sending invoices / receipts via multiple options. Fetching of bank and supplier statements. Fetches bank statements in .csv which is great for manual importing into Xero Ledger. Fast and helpful tech support.

Cons

Usually needs some user input to push transactions to Xero correctly.

I use hubdoc on multiple clients to fetch docs from multiple banks

Pros

I like the automatic document fetch and the ability to sync to our document storage platform. I like that I can store all of my client accesses under one username.

Cons

Aesthetically I don't love the website. The document portion of the site is too small - you should be able to increase the size without opening the doc in a new tab. Also the add account button should maybe be labeled "manage accounts" as it is the place to do much more than add accounts.

I use HubDoc nearly daily to process invoices for my business.

Time Saving , Reduces Errors, Allows me to work remotely.

Pros

I love that I can access HubDoc wherever there is an internet connection and go through my invoices. The coding makes it so much easier and faster to get through a tedious task. I have integrated HubDoc with Xero and having both tools synced together means that I can handle 90% of the bookkeeping for my business remotely. I also really like that invoices are stored so that I can access then later and not worry about paper copies taking up space. The text recognition is pretty accurate and HubDoc learns as it goes - saving time and minimizing errors.

Cons

Sometimes HubDoc doesn't read certain fonts properly and contacts are recreated multiple times. There doesn't seem to be a way to delete duplicate contacts which clogs up the list. Occasionally, document uploads fail which can be a pain, but this seems to be fairly infrequent.

Game Changing

Pros

Aside from the auto fetching, OCR, the App, the support team and the configuration capabilities, my favorite feature is the ability to integrate transaction level receipts directly into bookkeeping software like QuickBooks Online or Xero. The ability to drill into an transaction and see the physical source document (in seconds) is an absolute game changer! I also love that they are Canadian company.

Cons

Sometimes the auto fetch connections go down, but the support team fixes the issue as fast as possible. I would also appreciate SAML based SSO in the future.

Needs to update their banking compatibility

Pros

Cons

My main problem with Hubdoc is that the banks and credit cards that our client's use (we have over 50 clients) are not all compatible with Hubdoc. OR the feed will break continuously. We will usually need to contact our client to re-enter their credentials to get the feed back up and running (which seems to happen frequently) OR we have to work around the error if the bank isn't syncing at all.

Hubdoc has changed the way we store paperwork!

Hubdoc is fully integrated so you can also share info with your accountant which makes expense & report management a breeze.

Pros

It works seamlessly with email and with multiple vendors. It has been very easy to add new vendors we work with as well as setup ways for us to automate a lot of invoices we receive. Now I can easily go in and quickly find documents that I used to worry about where they were located or how I would find them. I have had no issues thus far and the support team has been very helpful in adding new vendors I work with.

Cons

A great addition to automated accounting workflow

Pros

Hubdoc, for me, functions best as an addon to Xero (or QBO) and Bill.com. I have bills forwarded from an email address into Hubdoc where I can code and push to the accounting software and bill.com. The biggest benefit is that the software automatically codes and stores invoices, based on rules or prior invoices. A simple sync pushes the bill to Xero with correct coding, along with a PDF. It also pushes to Bill.com to easily be paid. For the money, it is absolutely worth using.

Cons

There are a couple of minor issues that are not even worth mentioning here. Please note that I don't use the software to directly link with websites, since the selection is fairly limited. I push all documents to Hubdoc for processing.

Great tool for automatically pulling, scanning, and inputting simple invoices and keeping records.

Scanning and storing of receipts, statements, and invoices and an auto-push into QuickBooks Online with an attachment of the document.

Pros

The auto-pull of statements, invoices, and receipts is nice, but the better features are the automatic scanning of simple (and I stress simple) invoices when they are pulled or emailed to your Hubdoc email address. These can then automatically be fed into your accounting software, which makes AP really easy.

Cons

The learning curve is a little higher than other programs. The training at the outset of using the program (the Hubdoc University, or their variant of this type of tool) was too basic. At the end of the training I knew which functions existed, but had very little idea how to make them work. Expect to spend a few weeks really getting to know the program, but once you get it down it is extremely useful.

Hubdoc fast tracks my day

Pros

Hubdoc is a great tool to fetch your bank and credit card statements. It will also fetch any bill that you have online access to like telephone and utilities. This saves me time as I no longer have to chase clients for data. Clients also take a picture of their receipts so they are processed in right away and vendors email directly to Hubdoc email. All receipts and bills are processed, posted and attached to Quickbooks Online transaction

Cons

The rotate button doesn't always work and I would like to be able to use the item option on the main screen instead of clicking on multiple

Great experience with document sharing and downloading

Pros

I use Hubdoc to setup new clients so we can view their bank statements and check images in one place. I like that we can pull statements and docs easily from Hubdoc if needed.

Cons

I wish all the banks and software were setup to use Hubdoc. When I put out a software or bank sync request, I don't usually hear back from anyone on the Hubdoc team. When I have an issue using Hubdoc, I don't ever hear back from the customer service team.

Great for Storing Financial Docs!

Pros

Hubdoc is simple to use and allows me to remain organized, efficient, and quickly utilize and procur any document I may need thanks to it's efficient layout.

Cons

I enjoy hubdoc and think it's vital for the finance industry.

Hubdoc is an amazing resource!

I am very pleased - I love Hubdoc! My clients upload their receipts using the app and I categorize them and push them to QBO. It's a great work flow!

Pros

Hubdoc is very easy to use and allows categorization of documents in a well-organized manner. The ability to code receipts then publish them to QuickBooks only is especially helpful and saves a lot of time.

Cons

Frequent interruptions of links with banks. I don't know if this is a bank problem or a Hubdoc problem.

Hubdoc is just the perfect solution to all my bookkeeping needs, easily integrates with other tools

Bookkeeping made easy, it has changed the whole process and made it very enjoyable.

Pros

This has provided me with a nice platform where i can set up all my clients and easily pull their statements and documents at my convenience whenever need arises.

Cons

Some glitches may occasionally arise like the auto fetch connections may sometimes go down. Thanks to the support team that always come in handy to fix any such issues.

Save administrative time chasing documents

We've experienced some client hesitancy to use Hubdoc. I did not expect this - even the client who continues to mail in his bank statements and payroll records refuses to use this product. The customer service is not easy to reach. I have to contact them to send reminders to those who haven't accepted the invite.

Pros

We have saved HOURS each month bugging clients about providing statements and logging into various banks to get all of our clients bank and credit card statements. Hubdoc fetches the statements and they are available when we need them.

Cons

They seem to have a problem with Bank of America's security forcing our clients to log in each month and verify their identity. We thought we had a solution to save clients time, and now we have to ask them to log in every month.

Free From Mountains of Paper

Pros

I don’t have to deal with mountains of paper! Easy to use!

Cons

Sometimes the pictures of receipts can’t be found and I have to re upload them.

HubDoc helps with automation

Nice and informative support staff.

Pros

The auto-fetch of statements, invoices, receipts, etc. assists greatly collecting proper documentation. Love that it's easily accessible from any mobile device with a connection. Has the capability to be fed into accounting software which streamlines processes.

Cons

Maintenance of the feeds. It seems that the feeds are constantly going down and the majority of the battle (rather than collecting documentation manually) is ensure the feeds with whichever institution is functioning properly.

Saves paper

So far I love being able t help the environment by not printing all the time

Pros

That we can upload payment summaries without having to print stuff off

Cons

Kind of hard to find files uploaded. Not organized well