Microsoft Powerpoint Reviews

4.65/5 (13,243 reviews)

Estelle Prinsloo

PowerPoint review

Reviewed 2019-11-18

As a freelancer you have to stay on top of the game and PowerPoint is one of my favorite programs to work with. After many years of using the program, I am still discovering the power of PowerPoint. It takes some dedication and determination to master the program but it is all worth the effort. There are many presentations flying around on e-mails and my favorite pastime is to pull it apart to see how it was put together. I have learnt so much from doing this and it inspired me to think out of the box. With PowerPoint the sky is the limit.

Pros
PowerPoint can seem to be a bit overpowering when you first start but once you get to grips with the basics, it becomes one of your favorite programs to work with. The trick is to break long paragraphs down to short and powerful points and manipulate it in such a way to keep the audience in suspense. PowerPoint has great tools to assist you with this process. We all know bullet points are extremely boring but PowerPoint’s features are amazing and the audience will not even realize they are being presented with bullet points! PowerPoint “communicates” very well with Word, Excel and Publisher and it is easy to incorporate photos, charts, clip art etc. in your presentation. The animating features are excellent and bring your presentation to life. PowerPoint not only creates beautiful presentations, the program further assist you to time your presentation to the second. One example is to hide a few slides for a shorter presentation. I encourage people to start with something they would like to do for themselves in order to learn the program and a great start is to create a PowerPoint presentation of their photos and eventually make their own video. People quickly learn how to add text, manipulate photos, add sounds or music and before they know it, they are hooked on PowerPoint!

Cons
Like any new program, PowerPoint can seem very overpowering in the beginning and it is a shame that people do not have the time to experiment with the program to discover its full potential. The learning curve seems to take forever and apart from PowerPoint’s help features, there are many excellent training videos and manuals available these days.

Radoslav Batinov

Power Point - Power of creation Presentations

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-11-10

I have been using it for about 5 years in school for my reports, 4 years as a student for my project presentations and about 2 years in my working career. I found it useful for every part of our life, so pretty recommend the app. I have been using also the office 365 version which makes it more powerful, and also pretty recommend using it. Everyone who needs to have beautiful presentations created fastly and with professionalism, needs to have this product.

Pros
I think the software is very cool and powerful for your personal and business presentation because of: 1. It has a lot of features that you can use to create your presentation - you have layouts with designs, you can add your custom ones too. There are pretty animations that beautify everything. You can add music, video, control it in every way you want and many more. 2. Everything happens very intuitively - you don't need to waste time wondering how to do some operation on your presentation - you just need to trust your intuition and almost everything is there for you. And the final result looks very professional. 3. You do not need to be a designer to have beautiful presentations, because of the cool visions that PowerPoint supports. 4. There is a presenter View which I pretty like - you can watch on your screen the presentation how you want it - with your personal notes and timing, and to project it on another screen in the way the public needs to view it. 5. You can choose to buy it with office 365 - which makes it even more powerful. One great feature for me is that multiple people can work on one file simultaneously which helps in team working a lot. 6. And finally, I think the software can help every person - from small home projects, through student and school purposes, to big business projects.

Cons
Since my work with the software, I didn't have any issues that caused me to dislike the software. I found it very useful, easy to use and creative. And through time the product amazes me with new and new features which make my work looks better.

Supun Sameera

Microsoft PowerPoint for a great presentation

Reviewed 2019-11-07

Microsoft PowerPoint is the most popular software that uses to make presentations worldwide. Since this software is developed under a long period of time, only minor issues can be identified with the software. In the other hand, this software is developed by Microsoft Company which is a largest software company in the world. Therefore you can use this software without any fear about its features. Microsoft PowerPoint is one of best software that can use to make presentations as our needs. You can make any kind of presentation using Microsoft PowerPoint that suits for any occasion and any age group. I recommend this software for anyone because we do not need a prior knowledge about the software to use it.

Pros
Simplicity is the major advantage of the software from my view. User interface of the software is greatly designed for the ease of use. Just few clicks needed to add an animation, change a theme, add a slide transition etc. Because of this simplicity, beginners also can make a good presentation using Microsoft PowerPoint. Other main advantage is the animations and slide transitions included in the package. Big amount of animations, templates and slide transitions are comes with the software and we can use them as our need. Using that features we can make a presentation that suits to small children or a presentation that suits for a professional meeting. There is an automatic recovery feature is available in the software that helped me in many time. It saves our presentations automatically while making the presentation. If the power goes out or computer goes off for any reason while making the presentation, we can restore the presentation though we did not save it. Since I am using this software from my childhood, I feel great about the software.

Cons
Though I am using this software for a long time, I did not found any serious issues yet. Microsoft fixes minor issues also with the new versions of software. Price of the software is a considerable disadvantage because there are many free and open source software developed to make presentations in these days. It is good if Microsoft add more animations, slide transitions and templates to PowerPoint. This would help us to make more creative presentations. User interface of older versions of the software does not feel comfortable. Therefore we have to use newer versions to make presentations easily. Auto recovery feature can be improved more to recover all the presentation because now it saves only a part of the presentation.

Colin McNicol

PowerPoint - it's not just about Presentations

Reviewed 2019-11-05

PowerPoint is a fantastic piece of software - if you think of it just for presentions, you are missing some great features that could be saving you time and money.

Pros
I use PowerPoint every day - and hardly ever for presentations. It's almost automatic to subconsciously prefix 'PowerPoint' with 'Death By', so Microsoft's presentation product has fallen out of favour in recent years as fashions turn to animation, video and interactive dashboards for presenting ideas. While the bulletpoint PowerPoint presentation may not be as prevalent as it once was, those who think of PowerPoint as just a presentation tool are missing out on a great productivity tool for the information worker - and it is already included in your 365 subscription. I rarely use PowerPoint for presentations - although sometimes it is the right tool for the job - but it probably replaces half a dozen tools or utlilities that I would otherwise have to buy, learn and manage. Want to capture ideas as you work? What's better than PowerPoint as a place to dump screen captures, text clippings, images and web links? Wireframing web pages or software projects? Can you think of a tool as flexible as PowerPoint for handling graphics, icons, screen clippings and aligning and grouping objects? PowerPoint might not be PhotoShop, but you might be surprised at what you can do with images these days. Have a subscription to a stock photo service? Why not use PowerPoints online image search - use the creative commons filter for public content. Need documentation? Create PDFs with anchors to make your documentation secure and smart. Video? It does that too - and very well.

Cons
I want to view image sizes in pixels. How hard can it be? I understand why PowerPoint does what it does, but I'm often using it as a holding space for graphics that will be used elsewhere.

Eri Hariono

Reviewed 2019-10-04

My experience is unique, all this time I have been a loyal user in using PowerPoint more than 10 years since the first time Windows Operating System was being introduced with its Microsoft Office. I am always amazed with the growth of its potential capabilities from time to time. I helped my former bosses, colleagues and relatives in using PowerPoint to develop slide presentations. All my previous offices’ work and my current business needs have been tremendous saved by PowerPoint existence and amazing functionalities, ranging from creating slide presentations, making PDF files, including flyers in high resolution images, and animations as well as incredible videos.

Pros
I’ve been an avid PowerPoint user for more than a decade. As Microsoft call it as PowerPoint, it has all the Power which functions straight to the Point. Simple and easy to use, yet powerful for all purposes, either for educational, business, daily personal tasks, as well as for volunteering work.. It’s more than just making slide presentations for my previous offices’ work, and my business needs. From PowerPoint file, I could do magic by converting it into PDF file, high quality images and stunning animations including superb videos. The multi functionalities has absolutely impacted towards my effort and time efficiency for all my needs.

Cons
Not many people that I know of, are quite familiar with the powerful functions of PowerPoint. Mostly they use it for creating simple or boring slide presentations. It’s too bad that it seems only very few people are having the patience to tweak more into it. Also not many institutions where I live are offering PowerPoint courses. Of course we can learn it by ourselves using YouTube or other online tutorials, but again, not many people are having the ability to learn, tweak, and going through trials and errors by themselves. I wish the manufacturer to produce more online tutorials which is easy to follow, build communities using online forums or social media, and offer short courses for public through their outlets of Microsoft store in each country.

Reviewed 2019-10-04

I personally will always use PowerPoint. I feel like it's a easy software to use and can really help a presentation. It can easily set you apart from competition and make your professional game a lot stronger!

Pros
I have been using PowerPoint for well over 15 years. To use the product from my earlier years in school for presentations about Penguins to teaching Cultural Diversity in the Human Resources setting in my organization shows how this product can be used in so many different settings. I found it easy to learn the basics while in middle school and high school. Being a visual learner myself, this software is something that I can connect with on a personal basis. I believe using this software for your presentations helps deliver the message on another level with being able to catch the audience's attention and keep it. I work as the Employment Coordinator/Recruiter with my company. I work with a lot of data. With me being a visual person, this software allows for me to get my data across in a way I'm comfortable with. I do this by using charts/graphs in the presentation. It allows me to show my leadership my data such as (applicant, education of applicant, experience of applicant, how many applicants) to them in a way that text and conversation can't do on it's on. This makes me look more professional and organized. It clearly shows my losses and success, my goals and my progress!

Cons
I think if you are not careful, you can get carried away with using too much text or too many images. There has to be a balance. I think it helps to get proper training/education on how to build an effective presentation. Anyone can click around and enter text and images, but the audience may focus too much on what's on the screen and not what the actual message is. It's to aid in the presentation and the message, not take over and replace the presenter. Also, the fact that you have to pay for it with a subscription monthly or annually can pose a problem for some.

Tiffany Brinton

Easy and Effective Tool to Present Information

Reviewed 2019-10-03

I use PowerPoint as a teaching tool daily. I prefer PowerPoint to other similar software such as Prezzie or Google Slides because I find it easy to use and just smoother in overall performance. It allows me to have several different presentations on a laptop and I can use them whenever I need to. It's easy and effective!

Pros
My favorite thing about PowerPoint is that it is extremely easy to use. For most basic PowerPoint projects, I feel like anyone could open up the software and figure out how to use it at it's basic level. I feel like the interface of PowerPoint is very user-friendly and it's organized like other Microsoft Office products. Because it's organized the same way, it makes it very easy to use especially if your familiar with other Microsoft Office products. I also love the newer feature of design help. It pops up with design ideas just to the right of your work area and makes it very accessible to change the design of your slides. The user can select through the different options and see how these design ideas might look on your slides with your information and graphics. It allows for very professional looking slides without putting in much effort.

Cons
I feel like this software works great if you always go in order all the time with your slides but if you are the type that likes to jump around to meet the needs of your audience, this can be cumbersome with PowerPoint. There is a way to more seamlessly build into your presentation the ability to say skip over a certain area if your running short on time but it's a more advanced feature that can take some practice to learn and use correctly.

Melvin Roy Garbida

Microsoft Powerpoint Review - Through my PC-Using-Years

Reviewed 2019-10-02

I can now do presentation using screen recorder especially if I am making tutorial videos. I have no problems with Powerpoint and I can achieve specific needs for my presentation. Powerpoint-user since the time I learned how to use a PC, and up to now, that I have complicated needs for media productions, Powerpoint is always there to help me!!!

Pros
For the past years, Powerpoint has evolved into an indispensable tool in this age of digital presentation. I started using it when I was still a college student where I make my classroom reports for my Sociology subjects. My teacher then, was really impressed with my presentation and looking back today, I am laughing at my classic animation and slide transition coupled with sound effects for each movement of the objects in a slide. Looking at PPT now, with Microsoft Office 365, I can make sophisticated and trendy presentations that uses the usual "user-friendly" GUI of Powerpoint. I love the advance animations and exciting items available for producing quality presentations. Many people are using presentation tools like Camtasia, Screen-o-matic, and/or Articulate thinking that they have advance features. They are missing the point that they can also do it in Powerpoint. It is now loaded with new features and applying your skill sets for the application interface that you have been familiar with, over the years. I just hate to see people wasting a lot of money on other products, realizing that they still need to spend time in learning the softwares and training to be proficient with it. When in fact, POWERPOINT can do the presentation job for you!!!

Cons
Powerpoint should have an added menu where they can train and disseminate their new features to the users, both new and avid users. With that interface, the user will learn the new features by simply clicking on that menu. Furthermore, it would be a plus if there are exciting animation/effects that can be used for smooth transitions and movements, so that the animation will be more fluid and professional. Templates and Categories for starters will be Qa great help for those who doesn't have enough background in designing and color schemes. Lastly, it will be nice if we can export our presentation to different social media platforms, since it is now the treQQnd for presentation/video productions.

Malinda Senevirathne

The best software for creating presentations

Reviewed 2019-10-01

I have created hundreds of presentations using powerpoint since my college life till now. Using powerpoint I conduct presentations about railway field to acknowledge passengers and the railway staff. My experience of using powerpoint is really positive and I would like to recommend powerpoint to anyone who is willing to create amazing presentations.

Pros
If I need to create a presentation the first thing comes to my mind is microsoft powerpoint because that much of years I have been using it. When learning new things humans are mostly visually oriented so that when we presenting something, it is better to have graphical representations to retain information rather than using words. So as a station master, when I do presentations regarding railway field, I always use microsoft powerpoint. I can add hyperlinks to share the other files, different types of images, videos, audios, graphics and can add texts with different font styles, colors, sizes according to my taste. The slide animations plays a major role while presenting data to others because people might get bored and animated slides help to keep the concentration. Also I can show the audience an automated slide show that they can simply watch and get the things.

Cons
When I try to put many things into a single slide, powerpoint becomes slow. Because of that I have to put some content into another slide and that's a disadvantage that I have experienced. And as a suggestion it would be great if powerpoint can provide multiple good templates for people who is looking for creating quick presentations. According to my job role, I have to create presentations and send them to multiple people. Since the size of the presentation is high, it cannot be sent through emails.

Allan Delos Reyes

Reviewed 2019-09-27

I have been using this software for quite a long time and it has been amazing. I currently use this in making business reviews and creating training materials because I find it easy to use especially with it's readily avilable features and functionalities.

Pros
I personally find MS PowerPoint easy for beginners and basic users to utilize the available well drafted sample templates in creating a finished product. It goes as easy as simply adding some pictures and data within the framework based on the selected template. As for advanced users which are mostly in the corporate industry and employees using the software regularly, they can create extraordinary presentations by incorporating videos, music and several animations. The best part is that there are a lot of ways to send your created presentations to which you can easily send as an email attachment and download a copy of it or upload it in your cloud storage so that you can have access to your presentations anywhere.

Cons
While PowerPoint can easily incorporate videos in the presentation, it may pose some difficulties when it comes to managing large video files when you attempt to insert it in the presentation. Though there is an option to compress the video file within in the application, you will need to have a decent computer unit and specs to make it as easy as possible to run in the system. Furthermore, with the recent trend with presentation applications, PowerPoint still lacks the ability to directly publish your presentations online like YouTube, Facebook and sharing social media channels. You may need to have some technical skills to go through the necessary steps in sharing your presentations on these type of media channels.

Anonymous

The software which has embodied presentation itself

Reviewed 2019-09-18

As a part of my job duty, I have to make a lot presentations and I am completely dependent of MS PowerPoint for this. I admit there are a lot of other flashy softwares for making slideshows and I had tried a fair share of them but always I had to return to MS PowerPoint. This is true for my colleagues too. That is the ultimate success of this software.

Pros
1. Ease of Use: Since PowerPoint is the member of MS Office suite and the UI is similar to other Office softwares like MS Word and MS Excel, the learning curve of MS PowerPoint is comparatively smooth. 2. Wider acceptability: MS PowerPoint is the standard of business presentation. Whole corporate world across the globe accepts or I better say requires presentations be made in MS PowerPoint. The adoptability is so high that presentations are normally called by the name of PowerPoint presentations. 3. Wide range of templates and add-ons availability: Since this software is widely adopted, there are a lot of templates and add-ons available for MS PowerPoint. This has made it super convenient to prepare a stunning presentation. 4. Ability to add different kinds of multimedia contents into the presentation: You can add multimedia contents like Photos, Audios, Videos etc into the presentation and run them natively from the presentation. 5. Custom Slide show: There is a great feature called Custom slide show. By using this, you can create a master presentation and then create different slide shows for different audiences. This is a great time saver sometimes.

Cons
1. Version dependency: My very first reason of frustration is version dependency of the presentations. Many a times, I see that my presentation doesn’t run as I expected if the PC in which the presentation is running has a different version of the software than the PC I used to prepare the presentation.  For this reason, I have to carry my laptop everywhere instead of just carrying a thumb drive. 2. Video Playback glitch: Though not always but sometimes, video playback gets stuck or slows down causing embarrassment for the presenter.

Amy Spreadborough

Far more robust than most give it credit for

Reviewed 2019-07-02

PowerPoint does it all for me: In-person presentations, plans and proposals, social media graphics, animations, digital and print ad design, poster and brochure design. I reach for PowerPoint more than any other Microsoft program. When it comes to presenting ideas with strong visual impact, I think in PowerPoint.

Pros
Like most professionals who've ever had to give a presentation, I began using Powerpoint 10+ years ago as a presentation tool. Over the years, I've created more and more elegant documents, slideshows, etc., and have recently begun using Powerpoint to create digital and print ads, social media posts, posters, brochures and other collateral materials. I've appreciated how easy it is to place text and images, adjust colors, create transparent images, rotate and layer elements, create animations, and much more. Powerpoint is really a fairly intuitive tool for the professional who is capable, but not a graphic designer by trade. There are many things that Photoshop does better, of course, but I'm amazed at how much I can do with Powerpoint with far less swearing. So far the biggest limitations are the size of document you can create (under 50 inches); it doesn't set up in pixels, and it takes a little finesse to produce a high-res output. For my small marketing consultancy, where it helps to keep as much work as possible in-house without paying outside designers for certain types of projects, Powerpoint has become my constant companion. I produce proposals, plans, mockups, and even some finished work all from this one, indispensible program.

Cons
Admittedly, this is not marketed as a graphic design program, but there are only a few small things that would make Powerpoint an easy-to-use tool for simple design: 1., a slightly-easier-to-use "remove background" tool (that doesn't leave the resulting image pixelated); 2., the ability to export or save documents as a Photoshop PDF; the ability to set up a document in pixels, 3., the ability to select dpi.

Caitlin Rivers

Easily the most flexible presentation creator on the market

Reviewed 2019-06-17

Having used this product to create multiple educational experiences with my staff, the ability for them to be able to retain both the presentation on the computer as well as to print a note taking version prior to the lecture is very beneficial. In our field (rehabilitation), PowerPoint allows the user to connect short video excerpts to get a detailed look at a specific skill and then return to a general presentation seamlessly. As updates with software or new laws enter into our field, PowerPoint can be used alongside a webinar platform to instruct many offices at the same time, ensuring that all employees receive the same information and have a way to bring the new information out into the field with us.

Pros
PowerPoint allows basic users to take a well designed template created by Microsoft and create a finished product by merely inserting information and pictures within its framework. Employees with more skill can develop more unique and integrated presentations, set them to automatically move through time within the talk, or incorporate outside video, music, or podcasts. This entire process can be downloaded into slides for people who are receiving the presentation to take notes on or to refer back to at a later date.

Cons
Employees with limited computer skills can find it difficult to see so many icons for choices on how to create slides. While the initial learning curve is moderately steep for these people, they seem to almost uniformly overcome it quickly and acquire a base level of user ability within a few presentations. The leap from basic to high end use does seem to require some know how with computer savvy in general, though I would surmise this to be true of any product in this field.

Barbara Salazar

Truly best and simplest tool for any presentation

Reviewed 2019-05-21

I work for global technology company with multiple offices in US and internationally (Europe, Asia). I use PowerPoint for all my presentations to employees, management, Board of Directors, international employees and external parties. PowerPoint is a widely -used tool by all my company's management and employees in US and internationally. It allows us to make all presentations in highly-professional format, standard and concur to corporate presentation methods irregardless of whether presentation was created in US or international office.

Pros
I like most that PowerPoint allows to create excellent presentations in a very simple way. It is easy to create, easy to read, widely used and truly best tool for presentations to senior management, outside parties and basically, anyone. I work in finance. I do all my presentations in PowerPoint. It allows to focus on right level of details and keep information well organized. Giving presentations in PowerPoint allows me to look professionally and speak well to both financial professionals and people outside of my profession, providing them right level of details. I like that I can create presentations in PowerPoint using wide range of tools, including tables, graphs and insert pictures from Internet. I also like that at creating each presentation, I can convert it to pdf-format and distribute to high-level of management. This way, they have well-prepared and well-presented document in a format that they can't inadvertently modify. I really could not think of a better tool than PowerPoint for any presentation. I use it for all my professional presentations.

Cons
I really like PowerPoint. I often use Excel graphs (Excel build-in) linked to the presentation. I believe that there is some opportunity of improvement in those Excel build-in, when it links to Excel file. I would like to see the presentation changed automatically when Excel changes and continue to work even if Excel file got moved to a different folder. Also, I would like to see more graphic opportunity in Power Point, maybe offering some standard widely used graphs which would be easy to build in and use for presentations.

The Well-Deserved Leader of Presentation Software

Reviewed 2019-05-08

PowerPoint is used regularly across the business by office workers and senior executives alike. It is one of the most common forms of displaying information in meetings, and will no doubt be used in this way for many years to come. Information and support can be found in abundance online, and everyone it seems is familiar with the concept of PowerPoint and can navigate its UI well.

Pros
PowerPoint is very well established and as such everyone has experience with using the software in various situations and can navigate its UI well; this has meant we have had to provide less training than we normally would need to provide. There is an abundance of support information online for if users run into issues. From a technical standpoint, PowerPoint was incredibly easy to deploy as part of an Office installation package and can be maintained via GPOs. PowerPoint is filled with features; you can import media such as videos or pictures, use slide design templates to spruce up a presentation, and create slide transitions to add some magic when moving from slide to slide in presentation view. When presenting in a dual-screen mode, the presentation will display on one screen and notes/next slide previews will show on the other, which is useful for presenters.

Cons
PowerPoint can struggle with extremely large video files (upwards of 1GB) when inserted into a presentation, however it does provide a compression utility in the application to decrease video file sizes to improve performance. The basic design template can come across as a little boring (white background and black text), but this can be altered using slide design templates and text formatting tools.

Rosa Gonzalez

Microsoft PowerPoint Review

Reviewed 2019-05-05

MS PowerPoint has been a must have software for me since like forever. I believe it has manage to keep up with the competition, even though upon its release it was a pretty much unique software. It has upgraded and keep pace inspite of all the crazy changes that the latest technological revolution has brought. MS PowerPoint has never disappointed me, it has always been my tool for choice in creating slideshow presentations for most of my academic, profesional and personal projects. I personally find all of the animation options to be really good and useful.

Pros
MS PowerPoint is well-known among the academic and work industry. It is one of the most popular softwares for creating and sharing slideshow presentations and for being part of the Office 365 suite. Pretty much a basic in the software world, Microsoft PowerPoint it´s an extremely intuitive software, easy to use and a very powerful tool. MS PowerPoint has a lot of advantages, beginning with its long history and already proven quality, not to mention its great reputation, ending up with its flexibility to work with multiple files, export in multiple formats and be compatible with pretty much every device. It has a wide selection of templates that are pretty decent and aesthetic, a nice fonts library, animation and graphic options, in summary all of the fancy tools that you require to give your presentations the ultimate touch. I personally like the fact that it is very easy to access this software from anywhere and the fact that it has a friendly mobile version is also very useful.

Cons
I would say that one of the main downsides of this software is the fact that you can´t directly publish your slides online in platforms like Youtube, FB, or other similar socialmedia. Also, you can no longer purchase it by itself, it is included in the Office 365 suite.

JAN MICHAEL UY

Microsoft PowerPoints Powers Presenters to Take Point in Your Success

Reviewed 2019-04-12

I personally use PowerPoint every day of my life. I have 3-4 business reviews to do each week, so I heavily rely on PowerPoint. I love what Microsoft has done over the years to improve the UI and rich features of the client. My favorite features include the new presenter mode where I can see my slide notes on one screen and the slides on the projector screen. I use the laser pointer a ton, so it helps me to get precise on what points I want to land with the audience. I also love the co-authoring features, the read out loud feature, the icon features they integrated to create infographic type of presentations to drive a simple message to the audience, the ease of inserting media, and the professional transitions that they've incorporated. Overall, I would rate PowerPoint as 5 out of 5 stars for ease of use, creating professional presentations in minutes, and the effectiveness of this platform in helping me deliver excellence in my presentations in a way that allows my audience to learn and apply my points well.

Pros
The biggest differentiated value to Powerpoint are as follows: 1. It is both consumer and enterprise ready. It's rare to find platforms that present content that covers all audience levels 2. The ease of use. PowerPoint is built in a way that is self explanatory to learn with an easy to use navigation bar. I have taught my grandmother how to use PowerPoint before in the past, and she figured out how to use it within a few minutes. 3. The rich features that come with PowerPoint. From PowerPoint Translator to Office Mix, PowerPoint is more than just presenting slides. PowerPoint has the power to bridge language gaps, serve the accessibility community, and enable all audience levels to become better presenters. 4. Collaboration - The PowerPoint rich client or PowerPoint online enables co-authoring, bridging the gap and breaking down walls on collaborating to make great presentations even when various parties are spread across the world. I personally have experience doing this, and it is powerful to work with other folks on preparing for important presentations globally through their co-authoring features.

Cons
PowerPoint does not integrate spreadsheets as cleanly as other Office related products. The formatting gets thrown off, and it does not do a clean copy and paste. PowerPoint can get very heavy on the file size by simply adding an image. It is not as easily shareable as other Office products due to the high file size. Microsoft could do a better job compressing the rich features they built in for users to use in a way that can be attached to emails.

Sadiyya Ajmal

Reviewed 2019-03-09

Pros
I have used PowerPoint since elementary school for school projects. As I graduated from the nursing program not to long ago, PowerPoint was always my go to program to create interactive presentations that would engage my audience. There are many reasons I loved the PowerPoint program: 1) PowerPoint has many interactive features that make your project look authentic, personal and professional. These features especially help when you are transitioning between slides in your presentation, or if you are trying to make an emphasis in your presentation as well. 2) PowerPoint allows for enhancement in your creativity as it has many features which allow you to be creative, something I personally had fun with when I used the program. PowerPoint allows for one to create colourful designs using the themes provided by the program itself. These themes can also be modified to fit your needs as well while creating your presentations. You can easily create charts, tables, diagrams and add pictures to the various slides allowing for the audience to be better engaged with your work. 3) PowerPoint allows for one to easily save files you have created in various formats which is compatible with most computer programs and operating systems. You are also able to easily save your file on a USB or CD, and carry your work around rather than having to lug round your laptop.

Cons
PowerPoint is a great program that allows one to be creative, however during my time while using PowerPoint in school, I found there were some flaws with the usage and setup of the program as well. For instance, you can spend hours creating a beautiful presentation, but in order to project your piece of work, you need further equipment like a projector, HDMI wire, and computer to set up your presentation. Another disadvantage to the PowerPoint program I found was that the program is linear in nature, thus only allowing you to create slides in a bullet-point nature which may hinder complex decision-making or stagger the audience away from fully grasping the complex information you are trying to present. PowerPoint minimizes your information back to the basics, which may sometimes hinder the quality of information being presented.

Caleb Johnson

PowerPoint - One of the best presentation application

Reviewed 2019-03-01

Yet another amazing app by the MS team. With this software, you can take control of the show. I have been working with this application since 2007 to present and don't think I will move to any other app on the market.

Pros
PowerPoint - One of the best presentation application on the market. It has been a pleasure working with this software on a daily basis while doing New Hire Training at the company I worked. It has the familiar ribbon that all Microsoft Office users have come to love and adore. This piece of software is like a masterpiece with numerous advance feature that you might not completely take advantage of throughout your lifetime. Just to name a few of its' madness: * It has the amazing File menu with loads of configurable options. * The Insert ribbon houses tons of cool insert options to add pictures, audio and video to your customized slide and slide shows. * The cool draw option give you the sketch feel to markup on the presentation to draw attention to the viewers. * Under design you can select from a selection of templates or better yet, create your own which can also be saved to the list. * Transition give your slides that in or out effect when moving from one slide to another. * Animation add yet another dimension to the presentation, which allows the presenter command the content on the slide to do something cool and amazing to keep the focus. * like other apps in the MS suite, PowerPoint also has macros and VBA, allowing you to make things happen on the fly.

Cons
I have no dislikes at the moment for this software.

Daniel Thorpe

Presentation Software for Business and School

Reviewed 2019-02-22

Overall, this software has been incredibly valuable. I have been using it now for almost 20 years. I have always loved the way the software works, the ease of use, variety of customization settings, and its ability to present anything I need. I currently use it to teach lessons in a church and school setting with video, text, and charts/spreadsheets. It has helped me numerous times present content in a simple, fun, and engaging way.

Pros
Microsoft PowerPoint is an essential tool in my business and school toolbox. I use PowerPoint weekly to create mostly text presentations that teach and share ideas. What I like most: 1. Ease of use: - There are built in templates ready for me to begin designing my slides. - All the tools I need to create slides are at the top and right hand side easy for me to access. - A slide pane on the left helps me see where I am in my presentation and select individual slides for editing. - Presentation is simple, just the click of the spacebar, arrow, mouse, or presenter allows me to advance my slides or go back. 2. Autosave: There are times when I have to leave my desk and my project will auto save. 3. Presentation Mode: I use this mode when I "extend my desktop" for use with a projector (you can access this setting by typing "project" in the search bar on a Windows 10 computer). Presentation mode allows me to see what slide I am currently on, what slide is next, and has a timer to see how long my presentation has been going. It also has features like play, back, forward, etc... 4. Embedding: PowerPoint allows me to embed audio files, video files, spreadsheets, word docs, or pdf into the slides. It is great to be able to incorporate the necessary things I need to present my project or lesson. 5. Transitions and Animations: The transitions and animations feature is helpful because it includes a lot of pre-programmed settings to creatively change between slides or text.

Cons
Here are a few things I dislike about the software: 1. The presentation software only works linearly. What I mean by that is I cannot jump between slides or make a uniquely motioned presentation like Prezi. PowerPoint simply goes from one slide to the next to the next. While PowerPoint more than makes up for this with the animations and transitions offered and its ease of use, I do wish it had some of the unique features of Prezi. 2. I find the animations feature to be a bit difficult. It isn't as intuitive as I would like. What I mean by that is when I do bullet points for a lesson outline I have to select the text I want to animate, then select the animation I want, then select "Move Forward on Click" in order to get the presentation points to go 1, 2, 3, 4, etc... instead of the default, which is all at once. I find it a bit cumbersome. 3. One could argue that while customization is a bonus of PowerPoint, it can also be a negative. The software requires a bit of a learning curve.

muhammad waqas

power point review

Reviewed 2019-02-18

with its great features and abilities Microsoft power point had made the life easier for whether it is a professor,student or businessman As in the recent times every one is short of time so you need to be very specific and accurate in your providing your data,so Microsoft power point provide all the features so that one can present a very long topic in very short and organised manner saving his and the audience time over all Microsoft power point had the ability to suites and meet the needs of every specific audience. Microsoft power point also had a high value in education and are used by professors and students to add values to their lectures and notes power

Pros
Microsoft power point is an excellent tool which provide lot of features for animating,designing layouts,editing,quality and stability of presentation. below are some pros and cons of Microsoft power point 1)Microsoft power point provide anyone with the need to present information creatively and professionally with the ability to develop presentation quickly easily and effectively 2)Microsoft Power point user interference has make it easier to create present and share presentations 3)With the help of diagram tool one can easily convert bullet lists to diagrams making it easier and time saving 4)The slide library of Microsoft power point allows you to reuse content between different presentations 5)By adding animation,charts and diagrams to the presentation one can make a boring document interesting and time saving. 6)By adding digital signature to your presentations you can prevent anyone from changing the content of your document

Cons
Although Microsoft power point is an excellent tool still it lacks some features. 1)The main defect of power point is that you cannot open or run it on a system without having power point installed on it. 2)Microsoft Power point work cannot be publish to social media site like YOU TUBE,face book etc 3)Microsoft power point does not provide the feature of running the picture slide show on all mobile devices

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Presenting the PowerPoint.

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-02-08

If you've already invested in Microsoft Office Suite for your business, then PowerPoint is an incredible tool for you to use when creating presentations and slideshows. If you intend of getting the Microsoft Office Suite just for PowerPoint (I honestly do not know why you would want to do that), then you're better off using the free, online version of it, or you might want to consider other presentation creation software that could give you more bang for your buck. However, if you want to use it alongside other Microsoft Office applications, then I honestly think that the Microsoft Office Suite is well worth it, given how seamlessly integrated all of the software are. While I honestly feel PowerPoint is one of the most essential software that you need in your computer, the price just ain't cutting it.

Pros
For starters, Microsoft PowerPoint is fairly easy to use. Microsoft has been tailoring this software since the dawn of the dinosaurs, a.k.a the late 1980's, familiarity with every version of PowerPoint over the years has improved ever since. I'd like to consider it as the industry standard when it comes to presentation creation software. The UI is intuitive, as it should be, and users could technically produce a really well structured presentation with just a little bit of practice and knowledge about its basic function. There are also advanced functions (animations, embedding videos from YouTube, inserting audios) for the more experienced users. The variety of templates and also the Master Views (this gives us the Slide Master option) allows users to create really impressive presentations in no time. Just like other Microsoft Office software, integration with other Microsoft Office software also gives it a lot of flexibility. An example scenario for this would be displaying a chart from With it's ease of use and variety when it comes to creating a presentation, Microsoft PowerPoint could easily be one of the best presentation creating software in the market.

Cons
One of the biggest con I have to say about Microsoft PowerPoint would be the price. Needing to buy the entire Microsoft Office Suite package just to use it might be a little bit overkill. I know there is a free, online alternative out there, but the lack of features it has really makes it feel rather lackluster compared to the paid version. While I did praise PowerPoint for having variety. In terms of visuals, PowerPoint might be lacking behind its competition. Other presentation creation software like Prezi, in my opinion, have better transition animations compared to PowerPoint. PowerPoint feels like it's going through cards (that's why it's called slides) when transitioning from one slide to another, it just does not feel seamless compared to the far superior animation quality that Prezi provides. If only PowerPoint gave us the option of having animations like that when creating a presentation. With that being said, the animation that PowerPoint provides to us, users, can often times feel 'low-quality', while they often do capture people's attention, overusing them does make the presentation feel incredibly distracting, while not using them at all makes it really boring. TLDR: PowerPoint does not give visually impressive animations that other software does, and the animation it does give us can often times feel 'low-quality' if they are used in excess.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Christina Mulwa

Best and easiest presentation software to use

Reviewed 2019-01-15

My overall experience with PPT has been amazing. Have been using it for about 2 years now at my work place whereby being in patient and pharmaceutical data analysis department am required to make numerous presentations of data and reports. PPT has allowed me to present graphics, images and texts at a professional level using appealing slides which helps with making presentations attractive and therefore capturing attention of the audience while presenting crucial data. Also given that i work in a multi department organization where everyone might not be physically present for meetings power point has a feature that allows for presentations to be transmitted as a live broadcast over the web solving the problems of having to assemble in one area. Given all these amazing features I strongly recommend power point for anyone in academia or business as the graphics and backgrounds will allow you to make dynamic professional presentations.

Pros
Power point has been an invaluable software in making presentations. The feature I find most useful is having pre-designed templates which makes it easy to quickly make professional presentations. I particularly like the animated descriptions infographics sampler as they provide me with a creative and visually attractive way to describe my data. Additionally power point allows for download of additional designs and transitions from Microsoft website providing a wide range of templates. I also like the fact that to promote user friendliness and ease of applicability PowerPoint has a user guide that outlines how to make slide shows with software tools.

Cons
There are a few features that i like least about power point and would improve it tremendously if improved in subsequent versions. These include lack of photo frame template option which makes it less suitable to make creative photo presentations. Also inability to share slide shows by directly uploading them to you tube or face book limits sharing of presentations on social media and file sizes getting large sometimes makes it difficult to share presentations.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

María José Marín Márquez

PowerPoint flexibility and customization

Reviewed 2018-12-16

As a journalist, it is one of my favorite tools because it is useful and easy to handle. Benefits I have had many, among the most outstanding I can say, integration of information, preparation of journalistic products for various formats and platforms, advertising strategies designs, allows me to play with creativity when it comes to offering in the sales approach, in my case, tour packages. It is a program that adapts to the responsibility that you have at work.

Pros
The tools and resources of PowerPoint make it an easy program to use, I as a user can use predesigned templates and customize them according to what I want to project. It is very useful for me, since I can present concrete data as statistical elements, images and graphics according to what I am going to report. In my case, journalistic information and tourist packages. PowerPoint for me is a very important tool for the business sector, especially because I manage the sales and public relations part. Always with the slides I am looking for an attractive way to project data and all that illustrative content that allows me to share relevant information about the products, services or corporate image that is being represented.

Cons
Some details that can be adjusted, very brief elements, the theme of the templates should always be updated, you should have more options, especially business formats. The topic of the size of the formats, currently PowerPoin is a tool for the Community Manager, should adapt it for those demands. For the rest I think that its elements are focused, only that they must constantly update them due to the technological evolution that we have.

Anonymous

It Can’t Actually be BAD, but...

Reviewed 2018-12-15

All in all, PowerPoint has been there for me since the start. I consider myself to be a power user, and would have no qualms about recommending it to complete beginner. If it’s already installed, if I don’t have to pay for it, if a client wants me to use it, then fine. I’ll use it. But if it’s up to me, if we’re talking about buying the program instead of just using the program, if I have a tight deadline and can't deal with the ribbon, then, tragically, PowerPoint would not be my first choice anymore.

Pros
It’s powerful software, I’ll give them that. In fact, I have no doubt that Microsoft are the pioneers behind many of the features that make presentation software so ubiquitous today. Having taught at University for over 15 years, I’ve created hundreds, if not thousands, of PowerPoint presentations in my day. That said, I’ve also created hundreds of non-PowerPoint presentations using dozens of different apps and software programs in that time as well. What I appreciate most about PowerPoint is that the procedure is always the same and so is the output file format. I may not like that procedure, and it might be easier for me to get the finished product I want using another app, but there’s something to be said for a reliable and valid process. Other apps and programs often have their own workflow, their own procedure for customizing templates, and often, they will only allow exports in proprietary formats that most of my students or audience members or auditorium computers have never heard of, much less installed. That's a problem. In sum, the best thing about PowerPoint is its reliability.

Cons
The thing I hate most about PowerPoint, and indeed all of the Office products for the last decade, is the "ribbon" control strip. I can’t stand that format. It’s hard for me to see, and harder for me to make use of. Aka YES, it is, in fact, a deal-breaker in my case. Another thing I am not too pleased with is the current pricing of this product; I can understand such a high fee back when they were not only the industry standard but the only game in town. Now, however, there are hundreds of wonderful and useful apps that make beautiful presentation slides much more easily— and all for the price of a glorified coffee. PowerPoint is the price of an espresso machine. This is not to say that I subscribe to the mentality of, "software should be free," or just "I don’t want to pay for stuff." It’s just that I can’t justify the cost in my own work and life, especially since I feel so strongly about the ribbon thing.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10