All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Mindomo

Collaborative mind maps, outlines and Gantt Charts

Mindomo Reviews

Pros

Mindomo was the best alternative at the perfect price for my use.

Didier C.

Read the full review
I love the software because it is user-friendly and easy to navigate.

Ron G.

Read the full review
Making elegant zooming presentations with beautiful themes which is way faster and easier to produce than slide based presentation tools.

Moahmmed H.

Read the full review

Cons

The code formatting and image integration is missing in notes.

Read the full review
The price is very high, and doesn't justify the limited features. The cloud sync is only available to subscribers, and doesn't work very well.

Richard S.

Read the full review
Feels out of date and difficult to use compared to other mind mapping tools.

Richard S.

4.6

Best mindmapping Software ever

I use the software for several years now and experienced several versions of mindomo. I am an absolute fan. It helps me to strukture complex topics like legislation initiatives of EBA and german banking authorities. I also use it for brainstorming in workshops. In the end you can use mindomo even for the presentation. An absolute recomendation from my point of view

Pros

Creating mind maps intuitive Cloud feature with data stored in Germany under EU Legislation

Cons

No idea. My wish would be to store pictures or screenshots right within the map an not in seperate files

Best free mind mapping app

It's the only mindmap tool I've stuck with. I even tried a software called The Brain, which does what MindModo does, but it's still rather inflexible with it's structure. I love MindModo's clean interface, but can get as complex as I want it to. I feel like I'm drawing out my mind, but don't have to spend the time drawing it out by hand. Very dynamic, can't sing it's praises enough.

Pros

First of all, love that it's free! It's got a great range of free features that allow me to be productive using it, not just 'test drive' it. Lots of styling options for at-a-glance color coding (and branding) Very flexible - I feel like I can really map out my mind - it's not limited to just one structure Offline mode is great MOBILE APP actually Functional & Usable!

Cons

Would be great if it could integrate with project management platforms, i.e. turn maps into tasks, but that's a tall order and not really a con. I don't have any cons because it really gets the job done

Feels out of date and difficult to use compared to other mind mapping tools.

It helps me visualize my thoughts and notes, and works well for brainstorming and capturing ideas.

Pros

Mindomo allows you to quickly capture ideas in the form of a mind map. It has solid mobile apps and works on the web, allowing you to work with your maps from anywhere. The map can be structured in a number of ways so that you can use it for brainstorming, project planning, building organization hierarchies, or taking notes. I like the many tags you can use to brighten up your maps, and it is great for visualizing information.

Cons

Mindomo is my number one mind mapping tool!!

Mindomo hits the sweet spot by making an intuitive balance between simplicity and functionality, so that new users would start mindmapping in no time while advanced users can access deeper functions and tricks.

Pros

- making elegant zooming presentations with beautiful themes which is way faster and easier to produce than slide based presentation tools. - publishing interactive mindmaps with embedded notes, links, audio, videos and presentation, which is very enjoyable to navigate. - real-time collaboration with comments, votes and chat. - has dedicated business functionality (task management, gantt chart) and educational functionality (student assignment, LMS integration)

Cons

- free web version offers three mind maps limit - mobile apps (android and ios) doesn't offer the same complete experience as the web or software version

Great tool

I've been using several free/paid tools for mindmapping: Mindmeister, Xmind, Freemind and some others. My favorite was Xmind until they changed their cloud strategy. Mindomo was the best alternative at the perfect price for my use.

Pros

- you can save / manage mindmaps in the cloud - you can customize templates - you can share / bookmark maps urls - you can use a huge database of templates / examples (like with some other competitors)

Cons

- the text editing section for annotations could be improved with better resizable & movable window

Keeps me organized

I am using Mindomo to organize my lecture material with links to resources. I am also using Mindomo for the assignment feature for student group work.

Pros

Ease of use and very easy to learn. Ability to copy and paste maps as well as import / export maps. Many ways to attach links, images, or files to a node.

Cons

The set styles to change color of nodes are not diverse or organized. It would be great to have the ability to save a new style rather than having to set it up for each new map.

Best of breed mindmapping software

I left a Mindomo competitor years ago because they failed to move to the cloud effectively. Since then I've used, and even taught, Mindomo exclusively. Simply the best.

Pros

Cloud based, ubiquitous

Cons

Android app could use some polish.

Used this software for many years

Pros

Easy to use, intuitive, integration with Google Drive - has all the features that I want in a mind mapping tool.

Cons

I like that it's web-based, but sometimes connectivity issues can cause problems. But that's not the fault of the software itself.

An Essential Tool in My Arsenal

I'm a freelance writer/consultant who works alone 99% of the time so I don't have a sounding board for my thoughts. I've been using Mindomo for this since 2010 and it's saved me countless hours or reorganizing and rewriting as I tend to get things right-er the first time. I've also used mind maps created in Mindomo to illustrate organizational concepts in articles and in communications with colleagues.

Pros

It helps me organize my thoughts and presentations.

Cons

There have been times where operation has been unstable but that hasn't been for the last 6 months or so.

Mindomo is my preferred online mind mapping tool

Mindomo has been my preferred online tool for mind mapping since they started in 2007. Feature rich, fast, and easy to share and collaborate on maps with others.

Pros

The time from login to actually working on my map is very fast compared to other online tools. Very good, minimalistic design that don't get in the way of your thinking and working.

Cons

No filtering of multiple maps (i.e. what tasks are due today from my 5 project maps). Hoping for better filtering options in the near future.

Best mindmapping tool on the markets

Pros

Shortcut keys make it effortless to build complex maps quickly. The arrangement of the maps as they grow is handled extremely well. There is no other mind mapping software that comes close to Mindomo in my experience, I have tried many others. The ability to copy and paste whole branches to other mind maps has come in really handy as well.

Cons

It would be good to be able to put more that one URL link on a topic. Also the icons can be slow to load and the "recent" icons section isn't always accurate.

Good tool to create mindmaps

Pros

It is simple to use with a lot of features. I like the fact I can access my mind maps from computers and my phone. You can discover it for free (with just a limit on the number of mind map). Very friendly customer service !

Cons

There was some limitations, I send them a mail and they explain how to overcome them (and now, they have even remove the limitation since the last update).

Mindomo DESKTOP is an interesting solution for mind mapping and, in some cases, presentations.

It's a very fast and easy to use software that anyone can learn in short period of time. Interesting option (that usually have impact on audience) is incorporating external links to multimedia content. Simple and fast design is perfect for internal needs, and more intriguing design can be used for public/promotional needs.

Pros

This application is a fast one with simple user interface that anyone can learn in short period of time. There are many nice features incorporated in it. (TASK MAP) HISTORY - it's unique feature for a desktop solution as user can see full history of some specific file (map). Also history for all made/used files is available and can be even filtered by user or time period. EXPORT - is a full of...

Cons

User interface is minimalistic so many options are not available/visible during work but have to be looked for. Practically there aren't any options to choose from regarding application.

Love Mindomo!

Pros

I love the software because it is user-friendly and easy to navigate.

Cons

There is nothing I do not like about the program.

PERFECT TOOL...I LOVE IT!

Super

Pros

The graphical interface and all the options

Cons

Not to be able to create workflow tyoe of diagrams

Excellent Mind Mapping Software

I use Mindomo both in my teaching as a way to present students with my outlines and notes and for business as a way to organize complex projects and keep all my links to various important websites. The site has never, to my knowledge, been down. I've compared Mindomo to several other online mindmapping tools and I always come back to Mindomo. Great tool. Easy to use and has all the features I've ever needed.

Pros

Ease of Use Attractiveness of Themes Easy to share and collaborate

Cons

Nothing I can think of. It does everything I need it to do.

Greatest mind mapping tool available

Very happy with the tool and the fact that is is available in a browser, anywhere you need it. It is snappy, clear, with just enough options, no overflow of functionality.

Pros

I like the ease of working, the freedom to connect in many ways. Most of all, I do use the root cause analysis tool and other "wizzards", it is functionality I have not seen elsewhere.

Cons

It is pricey, a multiple year offer with some discount would certainly be a good proposal.

It is an efficient and easy to manage program

Pros

What I like most about this program is that you can make mental, conceptual maps, as well as diagrams in a very simple way. It is a program that does not require previous instructions and that is stored in the cloud directly. You can export your work in different formats without any mishap.

Cons

Really what I do not like is that to access some formats you have to pay a certain membership. In general, it does not have many cons

Very good software for note taking and knowledge management

Very good, I use it every day

Pros

+ Mind map sharing with my students, + notes formatting + fluid and no bug so far

Cons

The code formatting and image integration is missing in notes

Love Mindomo

Pros

I love Mindomo to organize thoughts and notes, for planning complex projects, for sitemaps and brainstorming / insights workshops.

Cons

Despite being excellent for day to day use in projetcs, it's a technical tool, so not that suitable for presentations that need more "hype".

The easiest way to organize your ideas

- I use Mindomo to organize my ideas when i have to give a one hour lecture or a whole year of philosophical topics. Now is my tool to think. I can't use anything else.

Pros

- I use images, videos, links... - It's versatile and the looks are impecable. - I can go forwards and backwards on the presentation. - It's cloud based and servers are really reliable. - It's very easy to use.

Cons

All your work is saved and looks great in a Mindomo format. If you ever save it in another format it doesn't look the same, you feel you've lost your work, so you're somehow tied to Mindomo. I mean you have to be ready to make a long term commitment.

Very helpful

Stable solution for my daily work.

Pros

Worked since ever with mindmaps on paper and Mindomo is my perfect digital solution for it. Moreover I can organize and share it better.

Cons

Some more creative tools would be great.

Simply collaborative

Pros

The fact that a map can be consulted from any plattform, shared with anybody and allow teams to collaborate

Cons

I miss a timeplan monitoring solution or task ispatch linked to outlook

good software

god experience with a low learning curve

Pros

easy to use and simple the presentation es clear and pdf exports are of good quality

Cons

ordering the nodes is sometimes difficult but not a big problem

Solid thought-mapping software.

Pros

The ease of use and intuitive nature of the software let me capture my thoughts in a simple, straightforward manner.

Cons

I wish there was more customizability, and that it was easier or more intuitive to change the shapes, sizes and paths of my thoughts.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

Ā© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.