Mindomo Reviews

4.61/5 (28 reviews)

Robert Millar

Best of breed mindmapping software

Reviewed 2019-05-12

I left a Mindomo competitor years ago because they failed to move to the cloud effectively. Since then I've used, and even taught, Mindomo exclusively. Simply the best.

Pros
Cloud based, ubiquitous

Cons
Android app could use some polish.

Moahmmed Haboubi

Mindomo is my number one mind mapping tool!!

Reviewed 2019-04-18

Mindomo hits the sweet spot by making an intuitive balance between simplicity and functionality, so that new users would start mindmapping in no time while advanced users can access deeper functions and tricks.

Pros
- making elegant zooming presentations with beautiful themes which is way faster and easier to produce than slide based presentation tools. - publishing interactive mindmaps with embedded notes, links, audio, videos and presentation, which is very enjoyable to navigate. - real-time collaboration with comments, votes and chat. - has dedicated business functionality (task management, gantt chart) and educational functionality (student assignment, LMS integration)

Cons
- free web version offers three mind maps limit - mobile apps (android and ios) doesn't offer the same complete experience as the web or software version

Didier Castelnau

Great tool

Reviewed 2019-05-22

I've been using several free/paid tools for mindmapping: Mindmeister, Xmind, Freemind and some others. My favorite was Xmind until they changed their cloud strategy. Mindomo was the best alternative at the perfect price for my use.

Pros
- you can save / manage mindmaps in the cloud - you can customize templates - you can share / bookmark maps urls - you can use a huge database of templates / examples (like with some other competitors)

Cons
- the text editing section for annotations could be improved with better resizable & movable window

Richard Staples

Feels out of date and difficult to use compared to other mind mapping tools.

Reviewed 2018-03-15

It helps me visualize my thoughts and notes, and works well for brainstorming and capturing ideas.

Pros
Mindomo allows you to quickly capture ideas in the form of a mind map. It has solid mobile apps and works on the web, allowing you to work with your maps from anywhere. The map can be structured in a number of ways so that you can use it for brainstorming, project planning, building organization hierarchies, or taking notes. I like the many tags you can use to brighten up your maps, and it is great for visualizing information.

Cons
The price is very high, and doesn't justify the limited features. The cloud sync is only available to subscribers, and doesn't work very well.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Karim Youssef

Keeps me organized

Reviewed 2019-05-10

I am using Mindomo to organize my lecture material with links to resources. I am also using Mindomo for the assignment feature for student group work.

Pros
Ease of use and very easy to learn. Ability to copy and paste maps as well as import / export maps. Many ways to attach links, images, or files to a node.

Cons
The set styles to change color of nodes are not diverse or organized. It would be great to have the ability to save a new style rather than having to set it up for each new map.

Matt Voight

Used this software for many years

Reviewed 2019-05-14

Pros
Easy to use, intuitive, integration with Google Drive - has all the features that I want in a mind mapping tool.

Cons
I like that it's web-based, but sometimes connectivity issues can cause problems. But that's not the fault of the software itself.

Julien Maria

Good tool to create mindmaps

Reviewed 2019-05-07

Pros
It is simple to use with a lot of features. I like the fact I can access my mind maps from computers and my phone. You can discover it for free (with just a limit on the number of mind map). Very friendly customer service !

Cons
There was some limitations, I send them a mail and they explain how to overcome them (and now, they have even remove the limitation since the last update).

Carlo Seitz

Best mindmapping Software ever

Reviewed 2019-06-23

I use the software for several years now and experienced several versions of mindomo. I am an absolute fan. It helps me to strukture complex topics like legislation initiatives of EBA and german banking authorities. I also use it for brainstorming in workshops. In the end you can use mindomo even for the presentation. An absolute recomendation from my point of view

Pros
Creating mind maps intuitive Cloud feature with data stored in Germany under EU Legislation

Cons
No idea. My wish would be to store pictures or screenshots right within the map an not in seperate files

Jan Ozer

An Essential Tool in My Arsenal

Reviewed 2019-05-14

I'm a freelance writer/consultant who works alone 99% of the time so I don't have a sounding board for my thoughts. I've been using Mindomo for this since 2010 and it's saved me countless hours or reorganizing and rewriting as I tend to get things right-er the first time. I've also used mind maps created in Mindomo to illustrate organizational concepts in articles and in communications with colleagues.

Pros
It helps me organize my thoughts and presentations.

Cons
There have been times where operation has been unstable but that hasn't been for the last 6 months or so.

Ron Grisanti

Love Mindomo!

Reviewed 2019-05-14

Pros
I love the software because it is user-friendly and easy to navigate.

Cons
There is nothing I do not like about the program.

Edo Modun

Mindomo DESKTOP is an interesting solution for mind mapping and, in some cases, presentations.

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2017-09-21

It's a very fast and easy to use software that anyone can learn in short period of time. Interesting option (that usually have impact on audience) is incorporating external links to multimedia content. Simple and fast design is perfect for internal needs, and more intriguing design can be used for public/promotional needs.

Pros
This application is a fast one with simple user interface that anyone can learn in short period of time. There are many nice features incorporated in it. (TASK MAP) HISTORY - it's unique feature for a desktop solution as user can see full history of some specific file (map). Also history for all made/used files is available and can be even filtered by user or time period. EXPORT - is a full of options and is one of better ones. THEMES - are a simple and fast solution to make nice and standardized design for your mind maps. MULTIMEDIA - is incorporated in design, from simple icons (plenty of them) to http: links, Nice feature is that icons can be filtered by keywords (color, ...) DESIGN - can be completely changed in few simple steps, also numbering of topics/subtopics is a nice feature.

Cons
User interface is minimalistic so many options are not available/visible during work but have to be looked for. Practically there aren't any options to choose from regarding application.

Torgrim Sandvoll

Mindomo is my preferred online mind mapping tool

Reviewed 2019-01-09

Mindomo has been my preferred online tool for mind mapping since they started in 2007. Feature rich, fast, and easy to share and collaborate on maps with others.

Pros
The time from login to actually working on my map is very fast compared to other online tools. Very good, minimalistic design that don't get in the way of your thinking and working.

Cons
No filtering of multiple maps (i.e. what tasks are due today from my 5 project maps). Hoping for better filtering options in the near future.

David Navas

PERFECT TOOL...I LOVE IT!

Super

Pros
The graphical interface and all the options

Cons
Not to be able to create workflow tyoe of diagrams

Michael Britt

Excellent Mind Mapping Software

Reviewed 2019-06-28

I use Mindomo both in my teaching as a way to present students with my outlines and notes and for business as a way to organize complex projects and keep all my links to various important websites. The site has never, to my knowledge, been down. I've compared Mindomo to several other online mindmapping tools and I always come back to Mindomo. Great tool. Easy to use and has all the features I've ever needed.

Pros
Ease of Use Attractiveness of Themes Easy to share and collaborate

Cons
Nothing I can think of. It does everything I need it to do.

Nilkary Villegas

It is an efficient and easy to manage program

Reviewed 2018-03-16

Pros
What I like most about this program is that you can make mental, conceptual maps, as well as diagrams in a very simple way. It is a program that does not require previous instructions and that is stored in the cloud directly. You can export your work in different formats without any mishap.

Cons
Really what I do not like is that to access some formats you have to pay a certain membership. In general, it does not have many cons

eric zaal

Greatest mind mapping tool available

Reviewed 2019-05-14

Very happy with the tool and the fact that is is available in a browser, anywhere you need it. It is snappy, clear, with just enough options, no overflow of functionality.

Pros
I like the ease of working, the freedom to connect in many ways. Most of all, I do use the root cause analysis tool and other "wizzards", it is functionality I have not seen elsewhere.

Cons
It is pricey, a multiple year offer with some discount would certainly be a good proposal.

Anonymous

Very good software for note taking and knowledge management

Reviewed 2019-05-10

Very good, I use it every day

Pros
+ Mind map sharing with my students, + notes formatting + fluid and no bug so far

Cons
The code formatting and image integration is missing in notes

Anonymous

Love Mindomo

Reviewed 2019-06-28

Pros
I love Mindomo to organize thoughts and notes, for planning complex projects, for sitemaps and brainstorming / insights workshops.

Cons
Despite being excellent for day to day use in projetcs, it's a technical tool, so not that suitable for presentations that need more "hype".

Eugenio Sánchez

The easiest way to organize your ideas

Reviewed 2019-05-17

- I use Mindomo to organize my ideas when i have to give a one hour lecture or a whole year of philosophical topics. Now is my tool to think. I can't use anything else.

Pros
- I use images, videos, links... - It's versatile and the looks are impecable. - I can go forwards and backwards on the presentation. - It's cloud based and servers are really reliable. - It's very easy to use.

Cons
All your work is saved and looks great in a Mindomo format. If you ever save it in another format it doesn't look the same, you feel you've lost your work, so you're somehow tied to Mindomo. I mean you have to be ready to make a long term commitment.

Andrea Salce

Very helpful

Reviewed 2019-06-06

Stable solution for my daily work.

Pros
Worked since ever with mindmaps on paper and Mindomo is my perfect digital solution for it. Moreover I can organize and share it better.

Cons
Some more creative tools would be great.

Alexandre Condrau

Simply collaborative

Reviewed 2019-05-14

Pros
The fact that a map can be consulted from any plattform, shared with anybody and allow teams to collaborate

Cons
I miss a timeplan monitoring solution or task ispatch linked to outlook

Manuel Figueroa

good software

Reviewed 2019-05-14

god experience with a low learning curve

Pros
easy to use and simple the presentation es clear and pdf exports are of good quality

Cons
ordering the nodes is sometimes difficult but not a big problem

Barney Clump

Solid thought-mapping software.

Reviewed 2018-06-26

Pros
The ease of use and intuitive nature of the software let me capture my thoughts in a simple, straightforward manner.

Cons
I wish there was more customizability, and that it was easier or more intuitive to change the shapes, sizes and paths of my thoughts.

John Rodgers

Mindomo: Simple yet Powerful

Reviewed 2019-05-21

This is a rapid idea organization tool as well as an excellent way to organize and give presentations

Pros
I like the functionality and simplicity.

Cons
It is just a hair's breadth away from being an excellent project manager. It needs to send email notifications and manage dates a little more actively and it would be a swiss army knife

Jaime Andres Abenoza

Best Mindmapping Software

Reviewed 2019-07-17

I have been user since 3 years. Liked it a lot, use it a lot

Pros
Ease of use. Mapping features. Other plataforms integration. Cluod integration

Cons
Lack of good mobile or tablet app. The android one is too simple, lack of lots of PC features