Slite Reviews

Slite

Documentation tool for organizing knowledge bases

Slite

Review Summary

Pros

I like the fact that note-taking becomes easier than ever before. The platform is super intuitive and they keep adding great features.

Mathias K.

Yeni O.

Cons

There are no emojis to react in the comments. Claps" are limited to a hundred.

Paul Henri C.

Brianna O.

4.7

Helps me and my team get stuff done!

Communication between the team has improved as well as increasing productivity on projects that we are involved in.

Pros

The simplicity of the interface as well as being able to integrate with Slack allows me to share info with the team as the industry we are in changes regularly.

Cons

Nothing, the software has help to change team communication.

Slite is great for company intranet news, faqs, and general procedure sharing.

Company really did a step forward on sharing news and releasing procedures. From HR, to software development guidelines. We are also tracking meeting and project notes for intra-organization summary reports.

Pros

User interface is nice and friendly. Different levels of accesses and permission enhances the power of the solution. Content editor is also powerful and flexible.

Cons

I would like to have a better tree organization, also feature to select favorite items is not really friendly. Sometimes speed to render is not really fast.

Stay away from slite.

Pros

I'm so upset with this company that I simply have nothing good to say about it other than it has a great UI/UX

Cons

I hate the fact that I have been billed for 8 months for a software I stopped using the first day. I deleted my account and they still bill me. There is no way to disable billing because the account does not exist and they do not respond to emails. Stay away from Slite.

Roadmap, meeting notes, knowledge base, and so much more

Tried the other ones (including some more popular alternatives), wouldn't consider for a minute switching back. Slite is the simple, minimalist experience I was looking for.

Pros

Slite is beautifully easy to use. I've tried A LOT of note apps be it both for personal and team use, and Slite never ceases to amaze me by its simplicity. We use it for everything from our roadmap to meeting notes to employee onboarding and couldn't be happier with how efficient Slite is: the editor is minimalistic and distraction-free, collaborative features make it easy to use even for a large team, and a few well-thought integrations go a long way to making Slite the single source of truth for the company.

Cons

The team ship a lot of new features, and sometimes it can be a bit disturbing to change your habits (where is the button?) but most of the time the positives outweigh the slight inconvenience.

Fun way to organize my teams content.

Pros

I love Slite's smartphone application. It is beautiful to the eye(aesthetic wise) , lightweight and intuitive. I use Slite to organize my thoughts into notes ; while also being able to communicate with my team ,and follow their notes ; I receive notifications when they create new content. The applause feature is similar to what is obtainable on medium.com and serves as a nice way to appraise a team members idea or content.

Cons

This seems to only appeal to the younger generation in my organization. Older staffs always try to avoid using it.

Awesome note taking app

Slite has made note-taking very easy for me. I can easily share notes with the whole team.

Pros

I use Slite every day to track my social media campaigns. It makes it very easy to share documents with colleagues and the distraction-free editor makes it very easy for me to focus on the content.

Cons

A Todoist integration could be very useful for sharing a specific labeled to-do lists with colleagues.

Best notetaking softare on the market

Pros

Using this software is a breeze. Everything works as it should be, it looks great, it's intuitive and feature packed. Plus, the support team is very present, bugs are fixed quickly and updates are being pushed out very often with a clear roadmap.

Cons

I wish they could find a way to integrate a SMALL project management interface. I don't know how but if they find a way, they will truly have found perfection.

Slite finally helped me and my team to document our experience as a whole.

Pros

I like the fact it as a beautiful user experience, it's very intuitive and easy to the eye. The pricing is better than the competition and specially the free version is very appealing for starters. It's great for creating private and public documentation, for teams and at a personal level. Since the personal notes are infinite I actually also use it for some personal stuff. The collections (like tags) organisation makes it very easy to find documents and specific notes. In general, it makes the process of documenting stuff much easier and fun, which in turn makes our team more eager to do so, instead of seeing the process of documenting as a boring one.

Cons

Great product I am using currently

Make my work of managing docs easy and all at one place.

Pros

Great UI and easy to navigate from the sidebar. It made me switch from Evernote. Love the way it recognizes code and SQL queries and differentiates them.

Cons

They need to remind the users to explore more features inside the Slite. Most of users don't explore all features.

Good product!

Great product that moves ahead with great speed, would advise it to anyone that wants to organise and share his/her knowledge.

Pros

I like the fact that note-taking becomes easier than ever before! The platform is super intuitive and they keep adding great features.

Cons

The organisation of the notes could be slightly better in my opinion.

Teams should start using this wonderful app

Collaboration using slite is a fun and hip experience. Our research team has found a hub where we work on our ideas and file them properly. Working with a team has been a breeze, and communication among our teammates are strongly encouraged because the way they made the dashboard is very easy to understand and familiarize. And lastly, publishing work, individual and collaborated, has never been this quick and easy.

Pros

What I like best about Slite is you can work together with your team and collaborate on your researches and projects. But it isn't just another team-collaboration app, because they marry knowledge collection feature with team collaboration. Easy to add your comments and cite ideas that are worth pursuing. I also like that they have an export to pdf feature because we publish white papers most of the time, and it saves us time finalizing things on a separate tool by simply opting to export our collaborated work in pdf format.

Cons

The free version has a very limited number of notes, 100 to be exact. We got the premium and I guess it is worth it. Maybe they can have an unlimited number of notes, then add features like exporting to pdf and publishing notes with a link into the premium version. That way, more people get the full power of the tool and convinced to get the paid one.

Simple yet powerful

Excellent experience, Slite is very useful to keep all my notes organized

Pros

You can have shared and private notes, markdown support, checklists, slack integrations. It is very easy to understand both for wiki-type notes as well as to do lists and day-to-day notes

Cons

It is a bit slow on mobile, and sometimes navigation is more complex than is should. However you can see progress as time goes by

We are already in love with Slite!

Pros

We are a small team of seven developers and we already love Slite. Before Slite we were using multiple Google Docs and Sheets files to manage our team notes, and Trello to write down decisions we made during team meetings. We would create a lot of files on Google and send links to each other using Telegram or email. It's OK if you don't have a lot of documents but after a few months of working it's...

Cons

For now it doesn't support Russian alphabet that well but we have already contacted the team and they told is they gonna fix it.

The best app I've found for documenting processes and sharing it with your team

Pros

Great design. Very easy to onboard your team mates. Allow you to easily organize your different notes. I use it myself for taking notes of every meeting. It's easy to write beautiful notes that people will love to read. The product is improving every week with new features added. The starting plan allow you to test the product extensively. The tool doesn't pretend to solve every problem and focuses really well on a specific issues (taking notes and sharing it with your team mates) which make it easy to understand, use and efficient. The template provided are really a plus to get you started.

Cons

No real cons so far. It still lacks some features (for instance an anchor system to point to specific sections of your notes) but the team told me it is already on the roadmap. More detailed use cases with a focus on specific uses of the tool would be a plus maybe to help the team get even more out of Slite.

Discovering Slite was love at first sight.

Pros

There was zero amount of user onboarding necessary this continues to be true as we discover new features. Everything is exactly where you would expect it to be and there are no cryptic icons or tedious steps to find what you need. The intuitive factor has exceeded my expectations. It's been interesting to see it's organic growth even within our own organization. We have yet to send an invitation to a team member that didn't explicitly request access. As we open the tool in meetings/screen shares, everybody is curious and eager to use it.

Cons

As with any young tool, there are a few usability issues that make it seem buggy. For example, sometimes when typing in tables, chunks of text mysteriously disappear as you type. But this is nothing command+Z can't handle.

Slite makes note taking easy

Pros

I love that this is not only a note-taking app but also a communication app. You can write out a note then flesh out the details by highlighting certain areas of the note that you want to discuss and then messaging your colleagues directly from the app.

Cons

There's no option for automatic sorting by note name — it's done manually.

More than just a team communication tool

Pros

Slite offers a wide range of team leading and management tools. It holds communication tools but has an integrated knowledge database and file sharing capabilities. That is an outstanding feature compared to Slack and other communication tools.

Cons

The features are all great, yet for full features you need to pay a monthly or yearly fee. Still fine, though.

Cland and simple interface

Slite is the perfect knowledge sharing app :) The adoption wihtin the team was impressive. The only and unique feature I'm missing at the moment is the offline access but it's coming soon :-)

Pros

Amazingly quick and easy to adopt. UX is beautiful and it offers all the collaborative features we need at Mention.

Great knowledge management tool

There were a lot of process and procedures and documentation in our organization but we didn't have a centralized place to store the information and also work on the information. Slight was able to give us that workspace and archived it for future use and reference.

Pros

We use this with our organization to centralize our knowledge management process, procedures, and documents. The tool does a great job of organization, editability, and has a great user interface.

Cons

There really aren't a whole lot of issues with the platform. We had a need to address and slite was able to do it.

Easy-to-Use Team Wiki and Notes

It's a simple tool, but overall really improved our internal communications and organization!

Pros

We use this as an internal team documentation tool. It's way easier to keep everything organized than Google Drive. Its simple to use and has a great desktop app. Our team is a lot more organized! And all notes are clearly organized in a great interface.

Cons

There could still be more functionality - especially with tables. If advanced tables are something you need in your note taking app, this isn't a solution for you.

Slite changed the way we communicate, making all information easy to write and share.

Every product is perfectible, but as long as I am concerned the cores features of Slite are already here. I can't wait to see the product evolution with future integration.

Pros

Slite is making note taking easy and became quickly a reflex among everyone. After the "Did you Google this or that", "have you checked Slite?" became the second most used sentence to search for an information. Make it simple and people will use it. Slite just perfectly did it for note-taking.

Notion on steroids - Great tool for collaboration

We've used Slite alongside Microsoft Teams, and Notion.so - All for the same purpose: team collaboration and documentation. We've yet to make a final decision on which one to use.

Pros

Slite does everything Notion.so (another team documentation collaboration app) does, and more. Slite can integrate with pretty much whatever else you're already using from Trello, to Outlook and more. We had a really good experience getting Slite set up and configured to work with our already-existing itnernal processes.

Cons

While Slite is really feature packed, and offers a ton of customization, its' weakest point is the clunky/confusing user interface, especially when put up against a competitor such as Notion.so, who excels in this regard. At the end of the day, Slite will definitely take some time to get into, as the learning curve is a bit more steep.

We've been using Slite since they launched their beta - this is our go-to collaborative note app.

Pros

- So easy to use! - Beautiful user interface. - Real time collaboration with team mates. - Templates are provided to get you started. - Free plan to try that supports 200 team notes to start, and then an addition 50 team notes per month.

Cons

- Early stages, still a few glitches here and there but can be corrected quickly. - Currently supports Slack.

Great writing and shared notes experience with your team or solo

Pros

You can classify your notes, label it, interact with multiple people at the same time. Ease of use with the keyboard, detection of link and bullets. Everything that makes a a note experience fluid and easy.

Cons

Sometimes you miss network being in a transport, so you don't have access to any local content. Can be frustrating sometimes.

Simple, valuable, productive.

It helped my team to collaborate from start.

Pros

- very simple to use and to structure notes - capacity to share notes publically or privately - word processor to present notes is really cool - love the "clap" of notes

Cons

- there are no emojis to react in the comments - "claps" are limited to a hundred -