Calendly Reviews

Calendly

Meeting and appointment scheduling software

Calendly

Review Summary

Pros

I love that it helps me setup meetings with just about anyone, very easily and I love that integrates seamlessly with Zoom.

Jose F. G.

Super professional, super good-looking, easy to use. Recommend for scheduling sales calls or appointments.

Overall positive, it works well for quite a few industries, our operational structure was just a little different that it didn't mesh super well together but still a good option.

Matthew V.

Cons

No more having to worry about cancelled meetings due to one person not being able to attend at that time. Calendly has helped me to organize my meetings, interviews, and so much more.

Samantha D.

The biggest inconvenience was setting up my work hours after the initial setup. The flow for finding what you need feels disjointed and you can get lost when trying to find the setting you need.

The biggest problem is I once had a phone interview that I missed because the calendar invite would not load. I did everything I could to find out when the meeting was.

Sam Z.

1,281 reviews

The Difference between Important and Urgent

My experience is extremely positive. Having a tool to help schedule meetings allows me to prioritize important, urgent, and non essential meetings. Ultimately it allows me to work smarter and get more things done while reducing my stress. This is one of my favorite tools to use and to share with others.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use Calendly to schedule meeting times. It's easy if someone is familiar or it's the first time they're using it to pick a meeting time.

Cons

Not a true con but food for thought. I would have to explain Calendly the first time someone selected a meeting time. I found myself doing this so frequently I recorded my own how to video. I suggest making a dead simple video power users could share out with new users.

The perfect tool for solving the scheduling back and forth

I love it. I use it every day. I tell everyone I know to use it. It solves the biggest problem. There are a few AI-powered exec assistant tools, but... why bother? That still forces the other person to do the multi-email "what times work?" "oh not for me, how about these" "okay, where do you want to meet" dance. This is a single email.

Pros

Calendly does exactly what you need it to do: it takes scheduling a meeting with someone down from a 6 or 7 email affair to a 1 or 0 email affair. This is transformative. I can simply send my lunch URL to someone and let THEM book a date that I can guarantee is up-to-the-minute accurate, ask the questions I want to ask (where should we eat?), and gather additional contact information, all without the risk of it getting lost in the shuffle. I did 135 networking lunches last year, entirely powered by Calendly. It's brilliant, because it ends in the result we all need: a mutual calendar invite that we both agree works for us. Add things like buffer times, clever event types, and linking up with my contacts with Zapier and man is this the easiest $8/mo I could ever spend.

Cons

Nothing. It's basically perfect. I wish that, when using someone _else's_ Calendly to book, it'd look at my schedule and black out bad dates, but that's a nit to pick. I'd also like it to auto-advance to the next available window if there are no more dates on the initial screen.

Worth the pay?

Overall experience is perfect except I know that there are free versions of it. Hubspot offers one, but its use is for CRM purposes and it is much harder tounderstand and set up.

Pros

It is very easy to set up, use and deploy. Synced easily with my calendar. I never even opened any help centre article or used google to set it up.

Cons

Only one thing got me confused. When I first sent my calendly link I sent URL link and then realizied I had to send the specified link. So a small con that I did not get notified to do that with like huge letters in front of me. I am sure it was written somewhere.

Bad technical support team - made us lose money AND now asked fro upgrade

I was fairly happy with Calendly, even though it was more expensive than its competitors. It looks great on mobile and pretty simple to set up. However, we had a very unique situation with our booking and I reached out to their team about it and explained it all. Of course, since I was not a paying member, all the answers were "yes you can" ... and they even showed me how to do it. I thought all was...

Pros

Looks great on mobile. Easy to use. Allows capture of utm_source

Cons

At the time I signed up, there was really nothing stopping me... until I found out their support team led me to paying 2x than I should be.

Calendly - Calendar Convenience

It completely and efficiently integrates with Google calendar which makes our busy schedules much easier to keep track of. I also think the app version is extremely user-friendly and just as powerful as the desktop version. The video tutorials online make this tool so incredibly easy to use. It's just one of those simple, perfect tools that isn't fussy and makes every day scheduling a breeze.

Pros

Calendly is by far the most convenient calendar scheduling tool on the market. At our agency, we have so many appointments every week with media reps and it's challenging to keep track of everyone's schedules in and outside of our organizations and our Google calendars often fills up very quickly. We just love the ability to present a list of various days and times options without having to play email...

Cons

I wish that Microsoft or Google would adopt Calendly and incorporate the features so it's integrated into one suite for even more ease of use, especially since our agency is mostly working remotely and we're having to use digital invites more than ever.

Schedule It

I am able to keep up with my appointments and my clients are able to schedule an appointment at any given time.

Pros

That my clients can see when I am available and choose a time that works for their schedule as well.

Cons

if I could have a feature where the client can pay at the time of the appointment or give them capability to put a deposit down and if the appointment is kept it is automatically refunded.

Simple, Functional Scheduling Software

My experience with Calendly has been great. It's totally stress-free because there's zero bugs or issues with the software and everything is super intuitive. I have zero complaints.

Pros

Calendly is great for scheduling appointments because it is clean, simple, & easy to use. It takes just minutes to set up your first booking link that you can use to schedule your own appointments or use to send out to others to schedule appointments with you. It's also very sleek and modern looking. A lot of scheduling software I've used in the past looks to be reminiscent of the mid-2000s (ie, AppointmentCore). Finally, there are many integrations that can be used with Calendly that allows you to use it alongside your CRM, personal calendar, and so on.

Cons

It isn't free. They do allow you to use a free trial for a certain period of time but then you're stuck paying $10/month for the basic package. And, to set up links for multiple people, you need an account per team member, so the cost can add up. The time Calendly ends up saves for you, however, makes the the cost worth it in the end.

Great App, But...

Overall I like Calendly. The best thing is that it's easy to use. Some others I have tried are so complicated to block out unavailable time. I'm not techy, so this one works for me!

Pros

It's easy to use. It's simple and clean, but you can choose the color of the appointment dot.

Cons

Customer Service is zero. I've tried reaching out and all you can do is ask a question and it takes you to a forum. There is no phone number or email. The biggest issue I have with them (and why I needed customer service) is that customers cannot make multiple appointments at once. They have to go in there one at a time, hit the back button, and go in again. This results in a separate email for each...

Just WOW

So easy and so worth every penny. The free version works, but the add-ons of the Pro are amazing. So glad I found this product and I will pay for it next year too. Thanks for helping me manage my work life!

Pros

Calendly is so easy to use. Syncing it with your calendars and setting availability is so easy. Creating multiple meeting types with different requirements is so easy. To make it even better you can send email and text reminders and then an automatic follow-up email after the meeting. It syncs easily with Zoom as well so you can set virtual meetings. When it is all done you just send a link and the booking is done for you. Should you need to the cancellation and reschedule process is so easy. A+++

Cons

That I did not find it sooner. It has changed the way I schedule meetings and control my calendar. Gone are the days of crazy text and email streams to make meetings happen!

Really Love Calendly

Great experience overall -- I love Calendly because the tier I have is cheaper than Acuity but perfectly robust.

Pros

I love that with the paid version, I can embed a calendar on a sales page so clients can book with me and pay for my service with ease.

Cons

With the paid version, there are a couple aspects of the automated emails that I can't reword or tailor to my business.

Prepare to get time back!

I was able to get back likely a few hours a day and headaches while working as a recruiter. Now running my own company I am able to send this off to candidates and clients to book in time to speak with me.

Pros

I absolutely love this product and have been using it for over 3 years. I introduced it at my last corporate workplace and switched all recruiters over to using this product instead of calling and booking in candidates for interviews - we simply sent over a link and they plugged time into our calendars! The functionality and emails you can send to the people using your link are also super helpful.

Cons

They introduced a fee to pay, I always have stuck to the free version which has been great for me. I wish you were able to book in multiple time durations and not have it split up, also I wish that you could integrate it with more platforms such as Wordpress.

Powerful scheduling functions for sales team demos

If you schedule live events with clients on a regular basis, Calendly provides a clean interface to easily show others your available time slots and allow them to schedule an event. This has proved invaluable for our sales team to do live demos with prospects and not get too many scheduled at once. It also has allowed us to not schedule demos back to back without buffer time in between. That's huge!

Pros

TheThe best thing about Calendly is the ability to set schedules for specific event types! You can set blackout dates, available times, control meeting lengths, automatically add buffer time, limit the number of events scheduled for a single day, and more. This is perfect for setting up live events or meetings on an ongoing basis, but giving yourself enough heads up and flexibility to be in control. You basically give prospective customer the freedom to choose a date and time--but ensure that it fits in your schedule, too. Use this to schedule live demos with clients, training events, or even webinars. It's a great tool, especially for small sales teams that need a controlled flow of sales calls/demos.

Cons

Calendly is restrictive in analytics; for instance, I can't easily see how many people clicked to schedule an event, but didn't follow through. It's also difficult from a user interface standpoint. I find myself looking for settings and menus that are hidden within the slick, clean interface. On the scheduling side, it's pretty easy for clients to schedule events, but you can't customize the date picker--and that's really unfortunate, because I'd like to use it in more places but can't customize the look and feel or functionality.

Fast, easy client scheduling

Almost too numerous to list. I even use it to schedule meetings with producers about projects, not just my counseling clients. Custom links, buffering and limit to events per day. Its awesome!

Pros

Is it so easy for my occasional clients to set up video conference calls or one-on-one counseling calls, or group meetings with my company and our various producers spread between Tx and Ca. One link, and it sends the appointment to my email AND Google calendar, and has a feature that allows the client to reschedule if needed. Another huge plus is the buffering. I can allow for meetings and...

Cons

One big issue I have is, I use Opera as my main browser and it dislikes Google. So to use Calendy you need to use Chrome or Firefox to set things up and access all the features. This is more of a Google issue, not Calendy. In the paid appointment extra, they only take "Stripe" - if they ever add Square then it'll be well rounded out. Payment for the level you want is on an annual basis, not month-to-month, so I consider that a negative.

Removes the need to ask 'When is good to meet?' in a remote company

We've been using Calendly for a little over 6 months at my company. This app makes finding times to meet with colleagues an absolute breeze. Working at a remote company with 90+ people, and specifically on a team of about 20, searching for available time slots in Google Calendar can be VERY time-consuming and challenging. With Calendly you are instantly shown the times available for the person you'd like to meet with. You can choose a time, and instantly add it to your Google Calendar. It sends them a reminder to their calendar as well.

Pros

Scheduling meetings is easy, and I don't ever have to rely on coordinating crazy google calendars with people. If you are setting it up for yourself to have people schedule meetings with you, it's easy to block out times that you are available or unavailable. It's also really great if you work with teams across different time zones as it takes your timezone into account when scheduling times with person/or vice versa, overall it's just one less thing to worry about. Another super handy feature is the ability to request certain information from the person booking time with you. This makes it easy to request an agenda about the meeting or to perhaps ask a series of questions for recurring meetings with people.

Cons

The only problem I've had is mostly user error. As the one requesting a meeting, I wish there was an easier way to add calendar events to your calendar. I have on a few occasions forgot to add the scheduled time to my calendar (the option is there, I've just missed it a few times) would be awesome if it was automagically added some way to your Google Cal. :)

One of the most flexible Scheduling Software in the market

I love the simple UI and UX of this Software.

Pros

I really love how flexible Calendly has to offer, if you need a one-on-one Schedule, Calendly can give you that. If you have a Team and you need them to schedule a meeting with your Prospects, Calendly has your Team. If you need one member of your Team to schedule a separate meeting with your other member, Calendly will help you do that. The integrations are also great, you can integrate Calendly...

Cons

As much as I love Calendly, there are certain features that I don't like, well, every Software isn't perfect and we do have different take and opinion. The Availability function to your Calendar, this is for me is confusing, you need to highlight first the day you want to be available until the date of your availability. I just wish Calendly can have a feature where you can just input a certain Date up until your Availability, more like a drop-down menu. But that's just me, I still love how easy to use this software.

Major Time Saver!

Each person in our company has a unique calendly link included under their email signature and available to share with clients as the need for a meeting arises. We save TONS of time using calendly and no longer waste time checking calendars, adjusting time zones, emailing back and forth, receiving responses after the proposed dates have passed, worrying we might double book, asking for phone numbers or addresses, etc. When a client schedules through calendly, the event apprears in Gmail with the location included and links to cancel or reschedule if needed. Everything we need "magically appears" without us having to lift a finger. Great asset to our work life and productivity!

Pros

I can share my calendly link with clients and contractors and they can easily schedule a meeting on my calendar without me having to be involved. It is user friendly for them and seamless for me. It requires no attention or maintenance on my part. You can connect calendly to your current calendar so that your availability automatically syncs as you make changes to your day. And this platform is highly workable for all of my needs without having to use a paid version! There are tons of customizations you can set, such as a buffer time to allow for travel between meetings, automatically blocking off or allowing specific times for each day of the week, disallowing bookings within __ hours, etc.

Cons

The ability to figure how exactly where and how to adjust all of the setup preferences is a little quirky. Some of the settings are "hidden" as sub-sections under other preference pages. I took a good bit of time setting and navigating through all of the customization options, but now that those are set, I don't have to think about or touch anything to keep Calendly working for me. With the free version, you can only have 1 meeting time for clients to choose from (for example, using my link, clients only have the option to schedule a 45 minute meeting with me). This is actually preferable to me though, as I don't want my clients to have to make more choices or spend more time in Calendly than needed. Using the free version keeps things simple.

Why nobody figured it out quicker?! It's a great tool for arranging meetings.

I honestly recommend Calendly to anyone who meets with external parties. This is one of those small things, that you had no idea existed, but once you start using it you never want to go back. It really can save you a lot of time and facilitate arranging meetings.

Pros

When I first learned about Calendly I was sceptical a bit, as I did not know what to expect. Also, I doubted I need another application for a calendar. I had Outlook, didn't I? Well it turns out, that when you need to arrange meetings with people external to your company, it can be a bit tedious processes, especially, when doing so over email. Once I had a need indeed to arrange for a meeting but...

Cons

There aren't many downsides, the main downside for me is that the free account allows you to only predefine one time slot, e.g. 30 minute. This means, that when somebody wants to meet with you, they will only have a chance to save a 30 minute window in your calendar. If you want more options, you have to pay 8 bucks a month or 12 for the pro version. There are many extra options, but if you want something extra, you have to pay extra. Free of charge version is very good, especially when you meet externally only occasionally. For me the free version is just fine. I definitely recommend Calendly to anyone who meets with clients and other external parties. You can always get the free version and decide later whether or not to upgrade.

Calendly makes meeting scheduling painless.

Before calendly I remember that there usually was more than 4 emails going back and forth just trying to find a feasible option for the parties involved. Today I just give them a link and they pick whatever available spot they find in my calendar which works best for them, so they make their own choices. That results in a lot of less no-shows. Additionally when people want to have a conversation with me and someone else from my company, instead of going back-and-forth in emails trying to figure out options for 3 people, I can just send them a link with a merged calendar showing them only the options that work for me and my co-worker.

Pros

Calendly makes it really easy to set up meetings. I no longer have to figure out via email or phone with a client what's the best time to meet. They just simply go to my calendar and pick the best available option. It saves a ton of time. You can customize your availability however you want. It is absolutely flexible on that and it is time-zone smart. I usually talk to people sitting in every continent. It makes it easy for them to translate the options into their timezones. Additionally, calendly is fully integrated with my calendar apps. Both iCal and Google calendar work perfectly with it. For example, it automaticaly blocks the spots when you create events from other platforms.

Cons

Calendly is really good and is really easy to use. I don't dislike anything to be honest. Maybe the UX of the dashboard can be improved, but it is not a deal breaker.

Great Scheduling Tool for Recruitiers!

Calendly has been a wonderful tool that we added to help cut the time spent scheduling phone interviews and remove the manual work involved with scheduling. With the amount of interviews we do on a weekly basis we needed some sort of tool where we could remove the unnecessarily exchange of e-mails to navigate schedules and agree on available times to chat. Calendly has done a great job in meeting our needs at an extremely affordable cost!

Pros

Removes the manual work and communication it takes to schedule a meeting. Dramatically reduces the time it takes to schedule. Scheduling is immediate vs. having to wait to hear back on confirmation. Allows you to collect some basic info such as correct phone number to call so that everyone knows how to proceed. Connects seamlessly with our ATS Greenhouse. Auto populates calendar invite directly to my outlook calendar.

Cons

Would love to see a better re-schedule feature from the Account side. As is, if you the account manager and someone has scheduled a meeting through your link - they have they option to re-schedule based on your open availability. However, the account manager only can re-schedule for a time he/she selects with no ability to give the person who originally scheduled the meeting a choice of new meeting date/time. Would love to be able to see re-scheduling options that could be sent from the account asking the person to select a new time from list of current/future availability.

Saves time!

Overall, this has been a huge timesaver!

Pros

I love this software! I have requests for meetings constantly and this saves me so much time! Rather than constant emails trying to coordinate schedules, now I just have a link in my email signature and anyone can schedule a time that works for them! I can link the app to multiple calendars and customize when I'm available. I have several different types of meetings set up. When an event is scheduled, it's also added directly to my calendar so I don't have to see it in an email (or miss it in an email).

Cons

It doesn't really have a feature to coordinate the best meeting time for multiple people.

Elegant and sleek online appointment booking system

I use this daily to have prospective clients schedule online appointments for us to speak over the phone or through video conferences.

Pros

The design was the first thing that got me attracted to Calendly, actually. I first saw it while booking an online appointment myself, and it actually was a good thing that the "host" was not using the paid version, because it was thanks to the branding that was included that I could research more about it. I was about to knock one star on my review for "value for money" because the free version comes...

Cons

There are no real cons for me since even with the free version, you get most (if not all) the functionalities you might need. I tried to come up with something for the sake of this review, but... no "cons" for me.

Great Way for People To Get on Your Calendar!

Overall it continues to do the job I need it to do. I do feel it could be more effective if they tweeked it a little, but I continue to use it, I continue to refer it to others, and and until a better option reveals itself, I'll be staying with Calendly.

Pros

I use it in my email signature as well as on my LinkedIn profile. Usually, passively, I receive anywhere from 3-5 calendar appointments per month just from having it in people's line of sight. It offers people an pressure free way for them to set up an appointment on my calendar. For some prospects it just feels better to let them set it, rather than pressure them for a time.

Cons

I wish I could utilize the link better. On my LinkedIn page there isn't a way for Calendly to have an attractive looking, professional icon for a person to click. In the end it does the job, but the user experience is a little clunky.

Say goodbye to scheduling issues!

Its fantastic! It is one of those tools where once you start using it you will think "How did I used to get by without it". And since you can use it for free, I can highly recommend that you at least give it a shot.

Pros

It is a phenomenally good scheduling tool. If you have worked in a large team or an office before you know how much of a nightmare trying to schedule meetings can be. Sending back and forth emails just find a common time slot can take up a significant amount of time. God forbid you have to do it multiple times a day. Calendly is a really elegant solution to this problem. Just set up your availability...

Cons

The initial set up can be a little confusing. Their web interface is a little clunky. Also I would like to see more integration options. I havent had a chance to use their API though, perhaps that solves the integration problem.

Organizing my Weekly Duties in a very empowering way

One of the bis issues in our Company was the time management for all our teammates. Definitely, we keep that in our past. Now we have more balanced and organized scheduling and bringing more productivity to the organization without burning ourselves in long-lasting meetings and losing valuable time in other important duties.

Pros

There are lots of values that no one teaches you at School, University. One of the most important values or parameters that I have to learn in order to be organized and money-wise is Time Management. If you learn how to manage your time in a productive way, there is no doubt you will be a very successful professional. One of the Best Time Management Tools that I greatly found in my daily duties is Calendly. At first, I traditionally learned from it when I had a new Job position opportunity. Then I started to use frequently and then I told my teammates about it and we study the potential to implement as a Company Tool. Absolutely no hesitation on our ideas to be more productive.

Cons

Time is Money, so if you have no idea what is happening with your time on a daily basis, then you are in big trouble. Yes, it seems that Calendly is a very simple tool. Definitely, you do not need any other super complex tool to help you out to organize your time and your agenda. The big Con is not taking action and continue to waste your time. Go for it.

There are very few 'life savers' out there, but calendly is one of them.

Pros

I started using their free one meeting type for about a week before it was worth the money for unlimited meeting type. It is super easy to organize the many meetings I host and keeps my calendar from becoming a Jackson Pollock painting. I do a lot of hiring and training for my company. The hiring process has multiple steps to it and even after we hire someone I have to meet with them for their orientation. I do most of my work online and I don't have a secretary doing anything for me. Calendly lets me create multiple meetings with different availability. If a time spot is taken then it removes my availability for that time in all my other event types. Its fantastic and my job and life have become more organized because of it.

Cons

They came out with an app recently. Sadly, its complete garbage. Their mobile website is better than their app currently and I think they might know it. I deleted their app hours after it was installed, because it made the service harder to use. I also really didn't like a survey they sent me asking about what other apps and meeting software I use and it was really forward about asking me about how they should price their services and at what point would the cost not be worth the service. There is a good chance I wouldn't like their culture if I got to know them better.