Caterease Reviews

4.4

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.39/10

Reviews by rating

It is so nice to work with a company that cares, listens and learns!!! Kudos to everyone on the Caterease Support team, thank you.
But the power really shows when you run a query. Caterease is a superb tool and also it is intuitive, fun to use and cool to look at.
The only thing you can do is view your current calendar and contact list. And to make it worse, it doesn't store your password AND they have a forced password reset EVERY TWO WEEKS.
You have to save everything you do along the way so if you accidentally close out one of your 5 windows you loose your work. Even starting the program takes about 6 different steps.
Reporting: Reporting is a joke. Very limited, very complicated, and overall useless.

SF

Samantha F.

51-200 employees

Contracts are easy than ever to put together.

This product pays for itself. It is so easy to use and I love that it is cloud based.

Pros

I love that we are able to save line items such as our most popular menu items and their prices. It saves a ton of time being able to select the menu items from a list instead of retyping the product and price every single time. We write up about 100 contracts a day and about 40% of them have similar items so it saves a ton of time.

Cons

While lots of menu items and venues can be saved in the program, it would be helpful if we could also save the tax for the certain county. Each time we need to go and recheck what the tax is for certain areas.

Samantha, Thanks for the review - it's great to hear how much time Caterease is saving you! Just so you know, there actually is a way in the program to save a limitless list of tax schedules. You can even link individual schedules to specific clients or off premise site locations, so the taxes update automatically each time. It's another huge timesaver! Please feel free to contact our help desk and someone there will be more than happy to walk you through the specifics. Thanks again! Chris Kopriva Caterease Software

TG

Tera G.

I would recommend Caterease to any catering company

Pros

We use Caterease in over 20 of our accounts and it has been a great relationship from Mark in the sales department to Theo and the other tech support crew in the tech support department. The program itself offers all the tools we need to build proposals, beo's, contracts, invoices, etc. It helps us manage our financial viability with the reporting tools it offers as well as prospecting new clients. Caterease offers ongoing training and new tips to help maximize the program to its fullest potential. I would recommend Caterease to any company offering catering services from an off-site caterer to any on site facility.

Cons

We haven't found anything that we don't like. It does everything we've wanted it to do as far as a software is concerned.

Events Services,

Great Concept but Very Buggy. Slow customer service.

If it was operational 100% there be many but every week there something going wrong

Pros

The concept is great tool for caterers, though you have to pay for every add on When its operational - i love it

Cons

- Very over priced!!! - Forever having issues with the program not working. I lose too much time having to followup with customer service to fix issues. - Is hosted on a 3rd party platform and its forcing a new download access everytime. this make it slow as.. Other CRMs have been smoother operationally. - You have to pay for every addon... completely stupid idea and makes for costly program. the Web forms are hosted on a separate website which means you cannot customise without using customer service. - every update seems to create more issues - its slow in operation to change to different screens - it doesnt communicate with zapier so creating external forms or merging data is all manual

While we're glad you love the program features and concept, we¿re sorry to hear you've had problems. Please know we¿re extremely focused on the performance of our program, and developers work tirelessly to shave precious seconds off of features and ensure a positive experience for every user. Unfortunately, with variables such as internet speed, hardware and more it can be necessary for our team to...

DW

David W.

Hospitality, 1,001-5,000 employees

Caterease Is Aptly Named

Pros

It is very intuitive, and once you put in the pertinent data, you can create many different and useful documents. Also the reporting options are outstanding.

Cons

I can't think of anything, it really does satisfy all of our needs.

Hospitality,

Caterease is a very detailed software for catering facilities but not the most user friendly

A lot of events/venues to have access to the same information/database

Pros

The possibilities are endless (Creating kitchen prep list, cost, ordering, budgetting, creating BEO's, templates, financial possibilities)

Cons

The software is a little archaic and is not the most user friendly. A lot of the functionality would certainly be used more often if the software was easier to use. A lot of duplicate information has to be entered

Thank you for the kind words. We've just released a brand new, cutting-edge version of Caterease. Please call our offices so we can arrange training on it for you. We want you to feel fully comfortable with all facets of the software. You will find that there is never "duplicate information" that needs to be entered into Caterease. Again - thank you for your kind words.

WG

Wendy G.

Caterease is simply the BEST!

Because we love this software so much, there isn't much we don't like about it. Try it out and you'll understand what we mean.

Pros

I have been using this amazing program for over 24 years. It is the most versatile and user friendly software I have ever used. The prints are flexible - yet SO professional. Anytime I call or email, the response time is amazing, their customer service far exceeds today's standard! I always appreciate the friendly, patient, & efficient support staff, they have an awesome product and an amazing staff to support it.

mm

mindy m.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

We love Caterease

We have used Caterease for over 10 years. We couldn't run our business without it. Thank you for your support.

Pros

The software is easy to use. It keeps track of all of my events. The support team is always great to help me with any question that I have. I am not very good with technology and they always answer my questions in terms that I understand. They stay on the phone with me until my problem is resolved.

Cons

I wish the e mails through Caterease would hold an attachment.

JB

Jet B.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

We use Caterease for our Hotel Conference Center booking and catering.

Time savings and a great way for staff to stay up-to-date on scheduled events. Prevents double booking and overbooking for staff available.

Pros

Makes scheduling easy & can customize to fit our needs. Mobile app makes checking on schedule while out of the office a breeze! Awesome customer service and great training available. Video tips are always accessible to learn a new feature or to review how to do something.

Cons

So many components to learn the function of and some features are added cost. Would like more "side by side" function of having multiple managers (ie: scheduler & event manager) on screen at once.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Great for conference center use!

I enjoy working with it daily and it enables my team to access the information they need to successfully book catered events.

Pros

I love the ability to pull simple reports quickly and permission settings.

Cons

It's not very user-friendly and can be slow. Pulling detailed reports is difficult because of limited search functions.

Restaurants, 51-200 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Expensive, old, clunky

It's just not the best. I eventually moved to Gather, which as much better sales/lead management, event/team communication, and estimate sharing tools. Anything Gather doesn't do, I can fairly easily replicate manually.

Pros

Caterease offers some good basic tools for caterers, and expanded functionality for scheduling and pack lists that other events software lacks (it is really geared to offsite and large catering operations).

Cons

It is just OLD. Layered and complex software that inelegantly tied together in unintuitive ways. Took so much time to set up, and perhaps longer to train even clever people to use it.

Bought the desktop version, was not told that it could only be run on one computer at a time.

We now own this catering software forever-more, so if anything happens with whatever else we're doing, I know we can at least fall back on this.

Pros

The Vantiv credit card processor was good value, it dropped out processing fees a bit... But that's a different company. The Caterease customer service started out okay; they were friendly at least.

Cons

Very convoluted software, difficult to use, leaves you wondering 'why would they do that??' when looking at the way it was designed. If you buy one of the 'cheaper' versions, they lock most of the useful features (unlike a service like Total Party Planner). The customer service was OKAY at first, but once I realized we were not told of the restrictions the desktop version has, I asked for a refund as we had not even owned it for 6 months yet. You know that didn't happen. I've been told we'll get a refund for the unused maintenance service.

We're so sorry that you had a bad experience with our software. The desktop version certainly can work on more than one computer at a time. I'm sorry you were told otherwise. We've just released a new web-based version that is quite cutting edge. We'd love to give you a trial run on it if you would like to see all the new stuff. In any case, please call our offices so we can properly review your account and see what we can do for you.. Again - we're sincerely sorry for your bad experience.

CC

CLB C.

Hospitality, 10,001+ employees

Have used Caterease in various positions with 2 employers. Have used one other catering system

Pros

Ease of use across systems (adding an event, account or client is all done with the same + / - icon )

Cons

Unable to batch print or email documents as one attachment Unable to view the content of sent emails from within Caterease Unable to pull up an "outstanding invoice list" across accounts

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review our software. Just to clarify: You can batch print and email documents. You can also view the contents of sent emails from within Caterease. You can also review outstanding invoice lists across accounts. In fact, you can combine all three and batch email attached invoices to all accounts with outstanding balances. Please call our help desk and we'll be happy to show you how. Thanks again for your review.

AS

Andrea S.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Caterease

Pros

I really like the ability to customize the program for your unique needs. I like that I am not relying on the IT department and I can make changes myself. It is user-friendly and has streamlined our operations improving our overall efficiency.

Cons

Because I use the prints templates, I am limited to the customization of them. I know I could make my own prints so this is a very small inconvenience.

SB

Shirley B.

Caterease has helped make Kimble's Events by Design the successful company we are today!

Pros

We do love our Caterease package!! We have been users since 2000 so we have grown up with Caterease!! It is efficient and easy to use and gives us all that data and management tools we need to make our events a success!! We also just decided to research the mobile version of the program as we are going to have a sales person in the field in a couple of months! It truly is a great partnership!

SK

Sheryl K.

11-50 employees

Customization is amazing!!!!!

Pros

This saves so much time and basically pays for itself in the end! I love all the customizable features available and I recommend this to any event company/coordinator!

Cons

They charge for training which I am not a fan of. And also the customer service isn’t very accessible.

GC

Greta C.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

tracking the data

I can track what menus a customer chose, help anticipate what we may need in future.

Pros

I like being able to easily track the events - venues, menus, counts, dates, it's all there. I like that I can export the data as needed in other documents, etc. I like that it's uniform in presentation.

Cons

There is a lot of different potential ways to use the data, and I sometimes forget the path to some of the information I need; I need to keep a resource book to remember how to do some things that I don't need to do often.

CC

Cassandra C.

Events Services, 11-50 employees

Used other for less than 6 months

Our business used Caterease for 1 month. We switched software because it was not easy to navigate.

Pros

We liked that we could duplicate events with the same information, and that we could add accounts and contacts. Customer service was helpful with training.

Cons

Overall, the software just wasn't convenient for our business. It was complicated to navigate. We needed something simple and easily customizable with features like a calendar and a contacts section. Caterease had these features, but they just weren't easy to navigate when you're busy.

Cassandra - We are very sorry to hear you are having difficulty getting started with Caterease - particularly in the area of navigation. Caterease is actually renowned for its fluid and intuitive navigation. We call it "Zig Zag Technology" and I honestly think that once you've experienced it for a while you'll wonder how you ever lived without it! While most software programs force you to navigate...

JC

Jay C.

Food & Beverages, 1,001-5,000 employees

Very happy

I am impressed, not only with the program but your customer service. The program is everything I could have hoped for and continually saves me time and money, also your customer service is impeccable!!

Pros

Its user friendliness and ease of access

Cons

Unless you get the whole package, you miss out on some benefits

MB

Michael B.

Caterease is indispensable

Having been in the business for over 30 years and having worked on three continents. I have seen and worked with many event management systems. In 2013 I started my own business and was challenged by looking for event software that would be scalable and grow with me, Caterease hit all the notes for my business. Now 2 years in, I have been able to add the modules to match the demands of my flourishing...

MB

Matt B.

I love this program!

Pros

My favorite thing about this program is that it looks just like my Office programs - so everything is so easy to use. I also love the cool browser-based dashboard and mobile app. I can't believe how much time this is already saving me - wish I bought it sooner!

Cons

Nothing yet! This program does everything I need and more.

CV

Christian V.

So flexible!

I started using Caterease 7 years ago when I started my "backyard" catering operation. Gradually my business grew to full fledge off site only operation. Since then I added a fine dining restaurant to the mix. Caterease has always been at my fingertips, taking me from simple contracts and proposals to fully detailed and intricate functions. I love the fact that I never have to type something twice. I am also using Qbooks and the interface is very practical. The reports that come with the program are great too. This morning I was looking at 4 years worth revenue, cleary identified, all in one and all at the click of one button. But the power really shows when you run a query. Caterease is a superb tool and also it is intuitive, fun to use and cool to look at!

JW

Jeff W.

The most user friendly software we have ever used

We have a large and complex catering business, offering on-premise, off-premise, and delivery events. We spent 3 years researching catering software, meeting with all of the vendors, testing different options and finally decided Caterease was the only real solution. 6 years later I am very happy to say switching to Caterease was the best decision we ever made for our business. The program is continually updated with new features. One of the biggest reasons we picked Catrease was because the program is very easy to use. The interface looks very similar to regular Microsoft Office applications. If you can use Outlook, you can use Caterease.

SP

Suzanne P.

Doubled our business

After shopping around for software, we ended up choosing a different one and sadly, after months and months of trying to get all the kinks worked out (and lots of wasted money) we ended up walking away from it and going with Caterease and wow... Wish we had just started with them. From the sales process to getting started, we were booking events the SAME DAY we got the program. At the end of the day it's all about your business and we have to give a lot of credit to this software for helping grow our business that way it has.

KJ

Krissa J.

Caterease is Wonderful!

As an Administrative Assistant of a Hotel with Rooms & lots of Catering space I couldn't be happier with the ease of Cater"ease". From setting up our new system, to training in Naples, each and every step of the transition from our old system to Caterease has been wonderful. Each person that we have worked with, talked to or asked questions of has been awesome. Caterease is so nice to use with the menus and reports, that it makes it easy for each of our departments and our clients at the same time.

KE

Kelly E.

We have not been using it for over 12 years for nothing!!!

Caterease is user friendly making onboarding very easy. Their customer support team is very fast to response to all our needs. But most importantly the Caterease team is committed to ongoing development of their product and keeping up with the ever changing need of our industry. If your goal is customer relations, intercompany communication, sucessful company processes and financial accountability/controls then Caterease is a vital tool.