Fons

Scheduling & payment software for appointment-based business

visit website

Fons Reviews

Patrick H.

Excellent customer support team who is there to help with any of our needs as our company is growing. They have helped us use the software better to be more efficient with our own time and resources.

Anthony S.

I love the ease of client booking, options of subscriptions and packages, and the interface of the software. My clients all love it as well.

Allie T.

Cons

I had a rather negative experience when the CEO responded to my anxiety in an email badly, accusing me of not reading it thoroughly getting impatient when I didn’t understand.

Samantha B.

With the auto pay function, I no longer have to keep hounding clients to pay their invoices.

Tom S.

I had been monthly invoicing people for piano lessons and often having to ask 3-4 times and suspend lessons in order to get paid.

Lisa R.

4.8

Life... simplified

I've invested time into getting my Fons account set up and running... but now, it's ready to run. Less time at the bank, less awkward money talks with clients. More of doing what I love. That's what Fons is for me, and the peace of mind and professional front it gives my business is worth 5 times what they're charging.

Pros

What I love most about fons is that my clients love it. It's easy and straightforward for them, and looks super professional. For me, Fons has given me so much more peace of mind. Happier clients=happier me.

Cons

I have run into a few bumps, but there's a great support team that will stick with you and help you figure everything out. Most of my minor problems come from me not being able to see what my clients see. When they run into problems, it's more difficult to resolve the issue.

Hey Ruth, thanks for the review! So glad to have you as a part of our Fons family! Since, reading your review we have added some videos to our help center, so you can at least see what their signup and appointment scheduling & confirmation looks like. We are always looking to improve, so if you have anything in-particular you would like to see for your clients just let us know:) Also, have them reach out to us because they have the benefit of the same great support as you and if it something we think may be helpful to you from your clients we will pass it along to you as well.

Amazing software & even better customer service!

Fons is the best platform for ease of scheduling, invoicing, offering many pricing options & subscriptions, and CUSTOMER SERVICE! The Fons Family facebook group alone is worth its weight in gold. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is an incredible, intelligent, heart centered [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who truly cares about the success of his customers. I’m thrilled to have found a software & support community that fits all of my needs (& more!!). Can’t recommend Fons enough!!

Pros

Fons is an awesome platform that’s super easy to use and fits my exact needs as a coach & consultant. I love the ease of client booking, options of subscriptions and packages, and the interface of the software. My clients all love it as well!

Cons

My phone calendar stopped syncing with the app (likely my phones issue and not the app). Other than that, it’s awesome!

Fons Review

Overall I have enjoyed using this product, but what stands out most is the team behind Fons. They are my favorite team to work with outside of our organization and bend over backwards to meet our needs.

Pros

Scheduling and subscription is the most impactful element of this software. Without ease of scheduling and billing, we could not keep our large number of lesson families happy.

Cons

I feel that navigation could be quicker and easier at times. Also, the small quirks you have to remember when adding family members are interesting.

Hey Bailey! Thank you so much for the review, and for trusting Fons to serve your awesome school! Really appreciate the feedback too, just made a few notes to look into streamlining family feature and load speed for large schools! Keep up the awesome work

Great Customer Service

My overall experience with fons has been relatively good. The customer service has been helpful with all of my issues and there are definitely some wonderful benefits with Fons, but there are some issues with layout that could use improvement.

Pros

I have had excellent customer service experiences with Fons. It is also wonderful to have a scheduling app where clients can schedule and pay for their appointments and include the option to purchase in bulk!

Cons

This software is a bit complicated to use at times. It is hard to find how to do certain things, and there needs to be more direct options for certain actions. Sites like these should be laid out in the easiest manner for the simplest laymen to use. It would also help to have an option for a business policy to be read by clients before scheduling appointments and when appointments are being confirmed so that the policy is fresh in their minds and for liability purposes.

Hey there Hannah! Thank you so much for your review and this feedback. We want to make Fons as simple as possible to use for anyone, regardless of their comfort with using new technologies. Please let our team know if there are any particular areas you'd like to see improve or explained better. Fons is a powerful platform nestled into minimal design., and we make updates each week to try and improve the user experience. We are guided by our customers' needs and feedback. Thanks for sharing yours!

Fons User

As far as my experience, the customer service is excellent. Whenever I had a problem, shout out to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], she resolved it very quickly, and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is awesome and soo friendly. Thank you all at Fons for all you do. I really love this software.

Pros

What I like most about this software is the features for customization. I can make special packages and price each of my clients at any price I want.

Cons

I wish I could text my customers as well as email them reminders, also I wish I could set certain dates with specific times of availability, and I wish I could integrate Google Meet with my appointments, not just Zoom.

Fons is great

Fons has definitely simplified by life by providing a super simple way for my students and clients to schedule appointments *for themselves*. No more exchanging dozens of emails/text messages to try to nail down a time to meet. I just send them my link and they find a time that works for them. I am so pleased!

Pros

Makes scheduling appointments with clients SO MUCH easier

Cons

Can be a bit bulky to navigate at first, until you get used to the terminology they use to describe the various different services they offer.

Thank you so much for this review! We really appreciate your taking the time, and are so happy that you're enjoying Fons! Your comment about the learning curve is really valid, and an area we're constantly trying to improve. Thanks again for being a part of the Fons family, and let us know if you need anything else! Awesome.

Fons for music instructors

The biggest part that i am solving is payments. With the auto pay function, I no longer have to keep hounding clients to pay their invoices!

Pros

My favorite part of this software is the accountability component. It makes the clients take that extra step to confirm appointments, making sure they remember.

Cons

The interface of the calendar is a little lacking and I cannot change the size of the calendar slots like in google calendar. Would also like to be able to drag and drop an appointment like in google calendar.

Like having a great assistant

As a guitar teacher, it's no surprise that the founder is as well -- they've thought of everything a service provider needs. Aside from the app itself, the Fons Facebook group has made me aware of some best practices that have streamlined my business. I'm just starting out, so having all this stuff handled for a low price is awesome. It's good to know that Fons will be useful and affordable no matter how much my business grows.

Pros

The scheduling and payments side of my business is done for me, freeing up time and energy to focus on teaching. Fons handles all the stuff I hate doing, and stays out of the way for the rest. It eliminates a lot of friction for me, my existing clients, and in onboarding new clients. And Fons' integrated Marketplace makes me easy to find and helps boost my existing web presence.

Cons

I can't think of any cons. The interface is self-explanatory, so between trying it out and asking a few questions in their Facebook group, I got up and running very quickly and haven't had any issues.

Game Changer

Fons really zeros in on the core of business admin: the transaction. It really gets it right. This pivotal change, updated everything for my admin. It’s like I have a brand-new business that’s already running.

Pros

The biggest impact is the auto-pay feature. It eliminated a huge monthly task. All but 2 of my clients were happy to jump on board. Fons gave me a form letter to customize and send to my clients. The letter was positive and respectful, not pushy. No salesman speech, just a frictionless transition. This is the vibe of all my dealings with Fons. Integration was a breeze. I spent a weekend entering client info, and sent them the form letter. Then just waited for clients to roll in.

Cons

The transition also meant a significant policy change for my clients, and a raise for me. So I’ve been very alert to potential glitches bc i don’t want to bother them at all. So far it’s been good, but a few minor things have needed to be re-entered. However, it’s hard to tell if that is a user error or a glitch.

Amazing product and amazing customer service.

The team at Fons has been amazing! I contacted them a year ago but I wasn’t ready to use the platform as my business was going through so many changes to get online during the Covid lockdowns. I was never once pressured and they answered all my questions along the way.

Pros

I look more professional having online payments and scheduling (which is a HUGE time saver - oh darn, that’s two things…).

Cons

Not being able to see a client’s past appointments listed. It would also be better if we could see the future and past appointments listed in their profile as well as the calendar search.

So helpful for my business

Pros

I've used Fons for my studio of around 40 guitar students since spring of 2019. It's helped smooth out the day to day running of the business in numerous ways, from enabling me to automate payments, to giving students an easy way to reschedule missed lessons. Fons' CEO, Eric, is one of the nicest people out there, and makes himself remarkably available for someone who's surely very busy. Their support staff is simply the best I've ever seen. They reply often within minutes of me contacting them. The platform is easy and intuitive to use. I learned my way around it quickly, and have had almost no issues with clients' ability to use it.

Cons

Fons is still a little ahead of it's time. It, and other services like it, are still not widely used by music teachers. Thus, music teachers can sometimes encounter resistance to using the service from clients. On the other hand, there are clients out there who really like it, and see it as something that positively sets me apart from other teachers in my area.

Hey there Andy. Thank you so much for your kind words, and especially for your note about students resisting digitization. That really resonates and is one of our core objectives right now... make digital payments & scheduling more simple & less obtrusive for the clients. We want to get friction for customers as close to zero as possible. Thank you so much for being part of our community. We so appreciate you.

Fons Is Life Changing

Awesome.. can’t say that enough.

Pros

As a vocal Coach I struggled for YEARS with working out a convenient way to bill people, especially in the event of having to hold students accountable for my 24 hour notice cancellation policy without just losing the student altogether or having an awkward conversation with them. (I am very non-confrontational) Fons has COMPLETELY fixed that for me! I have never heard a complaint for my policy since using Fons and never missed receiving a payment because Fons retrieves it for me. Also never lost students over it. I honestly make $300-$400 from cancellations a month that I would not have been paid prior to using it. Fons is the middle man for me and it makes everything so easy!

Cons

I honestly have no real complaints. Customer service is always asking how to improve the product and they have actually taken and worked with multiple suggestions I’ve given!

Hey Brittney, While we do have a ton of great easy to use features, everyone does love the automated cancellation policy. Whoa, $300-$400 a month from cancellations, you are now able to capture, that's amazing! We've had others tell us the same thing, but until you really start adding it up it's hard to imagine it would ever be that much. Great job & glad we could help! Also, thanks for the great review! ¿ Mica ~ Customer Success Team

Time is Money - Fons is Saving me Tons of It!

It was a big switch for me, to bring all my clients aboard this system. I knew it would take some time, and there would likely be questions along the way. Let's just say it took significantly less effort than I was expecting. The chat support has been phenomenal. I don't know how they do it, but the Fons team seems to always be ready to answer my questions, no matter what time of day/night. If they didn't quite know the answer instantly, they got back to me ASAP.

Pros

The overall look is simple, clean, and is very user-friendly. Probably 95% of the clients I work with LOVE it, and found it very easy to change over to for payments and scheduling. The other 5% are the ones who generally dislike technology as a whole, and/or find it difficult. I've especially noted the praise I've received from employing Fons in my business (thanks for making me look good!) from those clients I know work in the tech industry themselves. They have seemed impressed.

Cons

I work with a large variety of clients in a number of ways, and ultimately would love to be able to do just a couple more specific things with different sets of client lists, etc. However, I know Fons is a young company; I've been assured that some of those things are coming down the pike.

Hey Allison, Thanks for the great review and glad we made you look so good, so awesome to hear:) We are loving all of your feedback and great ideas for new feature enhancements and are working on them as quickly as possible, so keep them coming! ¿ Mica ~ Customer Success Team

I no longer dread billing my students.

I love teaching guitar, but I hate the tedious administrivia part of running your own business, and until recently the worst part was scheduling and billing my students. I tracked their lessons with pencil and paper, and used email to schedule and bill. Looking back on it, the whole process was incredibly inefficient and prone to miscommunication and mistakes. Now my calendar is synced with my students,...

Pros

Not spending six hours at the start of every month calculating and emailing invoices to each of my students.

Cons

A minor gripe: I'd like to have access to a record of each email Fons sends on my behalf.

Appointment based business automated

Every time something has been wrong or I have had a question the team is always there to answer and they are real people, which is really cool. It is just smooth to see my money come into my bank account without having to deposit a bunch of checks.

Pros

I like how people can pay me through it via a couple of ways. Monthly subscription, a package or by appointment. Fons keeps track of how many appointments you have had with that client and leaves the guessing game of how long was each one and how many in the past, because they keep track of all of that. Just a way to just focus on what you want rather than keeping track of payments.

Cons

I think I would like to be able to enter more of my clients information, specially if they have more than one kid, I would like to enter that information myself because parents are a little lazy doing this.

Hey there Xavier. Thank you so much for this review! We are so happy to hear that you're enjoying Fons. More importantly, we appreciate your feedback on what you'd like to see. We're working on a way for you to add more client information yourself, it's a great idea. Thanks again!

The right tool for the job

Smoothing the scheduling and payment for my music studio.

Pros

This is the third on-line scheduler that I've used, the only one with built-in payment and it is the most affordable, most responsive and easiest to manage. I particularly like the recent Zoom integration, and workshop options. The fact that I can easily access my account from my computer or phone.

Cons

Having more than one marketplace that is outward facing that separates individual lessons from workshops and consultations is a wish.

solid company, still optimizing their product

After reviewing several scheduling options, this one did not make the cut due to low integration options and lack of 2-way google sync.

Pros

It's always refreshing to see a scheduling service that acknowledges coaches. The client and program management features are particularly helpful. It's great to be able to invoice clients up front for services, and streamline and automate things such as cancellation policies and billing. Very intuitive and easy.

Cons

Doesn't offer the level of customization available from some similarly priced services. Fees are somewhat higher than other services. However, the biggest issue is 2-way sync with google calendar.

Hey there! Thanks so much for the review and the feedback. It sounds like the big feature you are wanting is integrations with other services. We'll be offering a robust suite of integrations very soon! We opted to hold off on integrations until we pinpointed exactly how our platform would best serve our customers, and could identify which integrations would be most beneficial. We'll hope to chat with you again in the near future!

FONS = LIFE.

YES. EVERYONE needs fons. i shout it from the rooftops all the time.

Pros

I LOVE that because everything is automated, i never have to worry about chasing down payments or losing track or trying to trust venmo. The administrative time has cut down by HOURS a month and i feel like i have way more time to focus on being a good teacher and less time scheduling or billing.

Cons

There are some features that I think could be added to the software, but i've already sent my ideas to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and he has been so helpful!

Game Changer

Before Fons I had to trudge through tracking Billing. Now Fons does it all. This gives more time and energy to do what I enjoy which is working with my students.

Pros

Fons has been a game changer for my educational consulting tutoring service.

Cons

There was a period when I ran into a couple problems. It was user error but their customer support was excellent. Then they added a new feature to prevent this error from happening in the future. Amazing!

fons is one of the best software you can use to setup ur business billing

the overall experience with fons it help u to get ur money easily from clients so u can do service and schedule it and send it to your client and he gonna pay for it online with a credit card

Pros

what i like most about fons is that it's set up billing for my clients that it save me a lot of time and efforts to do also it easy to collect money by using a credit card so i don't have to wait till i got the money in cash

Cons

what i like least about this software is in the subscription the client must pay before the date that u set it up and if he doesn't pay before that time it gonna be expired

Fons is incredibly easy to use and makes life easy for me and my clients

Benefits include: Less headaches, bigger bank account, and more time to focus on making/teaching music.

Pros

First off, the customer support is amazing. Very quick to respond, friendly, and of course helpful. I've been teaching private music lessons and tutoring for almost 10 years, on and off though because of the headaches that come with scheduling miscommunications, chasing payments, etc. Fons takes care of all that without me having to work for an agency that will take a 70% cut. I've never been happier to teach since using Fons.

Cons

I wouldn't consider it a con, but as a user in Canada, I hope that one day there will be alternative payment options for my clients other than credit card.

Game-changer

Fons has the best customer service of any company that I have worked with before. If I have had any question, they have helped me out within 10 minutes or less. There are other companies that have more "bells and whistles" but I chose Fons because they skip the hassle of invoicing and help me to run my business more efficiently. My Fons subscription is worth every penny.

Pros

The ease of billing and tracking my customers payments is so valuable. I never have to have the awkward conversations about missed payments or bounced payments, the software handles the issue for me and my clients don't get embarrassed or upset. Also, the scheduling side of this software is so simple and clutter-free, and I don't miss appointments any more.

Cons

At first the various billing options were a little hard to figure out, but customer service helped me to figure out just what I needed.

Jessica, thank you so much for this review. We absolutely appreciate it, and are so glad you're enjoying Fons!

Fons customer service feedback

I like the quick customer service feedback, but I have two pieces of advice to make the customer service experience better. Sometimes it feels like the team is defensive about bugs, despite this being a new software and therefore understandably prone to bugs. For Fons, it doesn’t seem like the customer is always right. I had a rather negative experience when the CEO responded to my anxiety in an email...

Pros

It’s pretty easy to use, but has a learning curve that can be overwhelming, especially since it’s a new software and there are still bugs being worked out as features are added.

Cons

The high learning curve and how that affected how quickly I’d be paid.

Hey there Samantha. I am so sorry that any of my correspondences came across as anything other than supportive. My aim was to be as succinct and explanatory as possible. Our team was "all hands on deck" to try to get you up and running as smoothly as possible. That was our intention, and why I jumped in to try and help. I teach and and have worked within the developmentally disabled community, & I feel quite saddened that I represented myself in a way that offended you. We appreciate your willingness to use the platform and we value your feedback. If you decide that you don't want to use Fons for your studio, we'll refund your money and wish you well.

Easy to set up, even easier ongoing use, and amazing customer service

Every time I have a question I get clear directions, an offer to help, and an offer to call. I am so thankful for the amount of time Fons has saved me.

Pros

Straight forward, streamlined, intuitive design, and so easy to use. I didn't have to spend hours studying to use this like I have done in the past. Customer service is amazing.

Cons

This software and customer service team has saved me a ton of time, and I just really can't think of anything I don't really really like.

This reviewer only left a rating

Pros

I've been a private tennis instructor for over 20 years. I teach 25-30 hours of private and group lessons per week and typically spend 10-15 hours scheduling, rescheduling, tracking down checks and depositing them into the bank. I've tried a number of different scheduling apps (Mind Body and others) as well as a combination of google cal and fresh books to help with efficiency. I've found these platforms...