Fons Reviews

4.82/5 (55 reviews)

Ruth Brown

Life... simplified

Reviewed 2018-08-13

I've invested time into getting my Fons account set up and running... but now, it's ready to run. Less time at the bank, less awkward money talks with clients. More of doing what I love. That's what Fons is for me, and the peace of mind and professional front it gives my business is worth 5 times what they're charging.

Pros
What I love most about fons is that my clients love it. It's easy and straightforward for them, and looks super professional. For me, Fons has given me so much more peace of mind. Happier clients=happier me.

Cons
I have run into a few bumps, but there's a great support team that will stick with you and help you figure everything out. Most of my minor problems come from me not being able to see what my clients see. When they run into problems, it's more difficult to resolve the issue.

Response from Fons

Hey Ruth, thanks for the review! So glad to have you as a part of our Fons family! Since, reading your review we have added some videos to our help center, so you can at least see what their signup and appointment scheduling & confirmation looks like. We are always looking to improve, so if you have anything in-particular you would like to see for your clients just let us know:) Also, have them reach out to us because they have the benefit of the same great support as you and if it something we think may be helpful to you from your clients we will pass it along to you as well.

Allie Tyler

Perfect integration for a great price!

Reviewed 2019-06-10

Pros
Integrating invoicing + scheduling into one software and the ease of use for my clients! Great customer support!

Cons
There's a few visual kinks to work out, and I wish it were easier to log in from my phone. I'd also like to be able to manage my calendar a bit more (turning on & off certain months versus just days/times).

Erin Mae Lewis

Fons is great

Reviewed 2019-08-22

Fons has definitely simplified by life by providing a super simple way for my students and clients to schedule appointments *for themselves*. No more exchanging dozens of emails/text messages to try to nail down a time to meet. I just send them my link and they find a time that works for them. I am so pleased!

Pros
Makes scheduling appointments with clients SO MUCH easier

Cons
Can be a bit bulky to navigate at first, until you get used to the terminology they use to describe the various different services they offer.

Response from Fons

Thank you so much for this review! We really appreciate your taking the time, and are so happy that you're enjoying Fons! Your comment about the learning curve is really valid, and an area we're constantly trying to improve. Thanks again for being a part of the Fons family, and let us know if you need anything else! Awesome.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Xavier Suarez

Appointment based business automated

Reviewed 2019-10-09

Every time something has been wrong or I have had a question the team is always there to answer and they are real people, which is really cool. It is just smooth to see my money come into my bank account without having to deposit a bunch of checks.

Pros
I like how people can pay me through it via a couple of ways. Monthly subscription, a package or by appointment. Fons keeps track of how many appointments you have had with that client and leaves the guessing game of how long was each one and how many in the past, because they keep track of all of that. Just a way to just focus on what you want rather than keeping track of payments.

Cons
I think I would like to be able to enter more of my clients information, specially if they have more than one kid, I would like to enter that information myself because parents are a little lazy doing this.

Response from Fons

Hey there Xavier. Thank you so much for this review! We are so happy to hear that you're enjoying Fons. More importantly, we appreciate your feedback on what you'd like to see. We're working on a way for you to add more client information yourself, it's a great idea. Thanks again!

Hannah Petry

Great Customer Service

Reviewed 2019-08-20

My overall experience with fons has been relatively good. The customer service has been helpful with all of my issues and there are definitely some wonderful benefits with Fons, but there are some issues with layout that could use improvement.

Pros
I have had excellent customer service experiences with Fons. It is also wonderful to have a scheduling app where clients can schedule and pay for their appointments and include the option to purchase in bulk!

Cons
This software is a bit complicated to use at times. It is hard to find how to do certain things, and there needs to be more direct options for certain actions. Sites like these should be laid out in the easiest manner for the simplest laymen to use. It would also help to have an option for a business policy to be read by clients before scheduling appointments and when appointments are being confirmed so that the policy is fresh in their minds and for liability purposes.

Response from Fons

Hey there Hannah! Thank you so much for your review and this feedback. We want to make Fons as simple as possible to use for anyone, regardless of their comfort with using new technologies. Please let our team know if there are any particular areas you'd like to see improve or explained better. Fons is a powerful platform nestled into minimal design., and we make updates each week to try and improve the user experience. We are guided by our customers' needs and feedback. Thanks for sharing yours!

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Tom Sitzler

Fons for music instructors

Reviewed 2019-07-19

The biggest part that i am solving is payments. With the auto pay function, I no longer have to keep hounding clients to pay their invoices!

Pros
My favorite part of this software is the accountability component. It makes the clients take that extra step to confirm appointments, making sure they remember.

Cons
The interface of the calendar is a little lacking and I cannot change the size of the calendar slots like in google calendar. Would also like to be able to drag and drop an appointment like in google calendar.

Katie Keefe

Easy to set up, even easier ongoing use, and amazing customer service

Reviewed 2019-11-09

Every time I have a question I get clear directions, an offer to help, and an offer to call. I am so thankful for the amount of time Fons has saved me.

Pros
Straight forward, streamlined, intuitive design, and so easy to use. I didn't have to spend hours studying to use this like I have done in the past. Customer service is amazing.

Cons
This software and customer service team has saved me a ton of time, and I just really can't think of anything I don't really really like.

C. R. Ryan Worswick

Stop Talking About Money!

Reviewed 2019-08-19

The timing of my income has stabilized and I've reclaimed time spent worrying about/following up on billing and money stuff.

Pros
I love that once I have a client set up, we never have to talk about money again. Instead we get to talk about (in my case) how they're progressing in their studies, or how their child is doing, or dozens of other topics that have anything beyond a bookkeeping relationship to our work together. Nobody has to remember cash, or a check, or any of that nonsense. It's great!

Cons
Some of the functions are still a little odd, in that sometimes you have to order different types of charges (tuition vs. one-time) to keep things straight with payments, at least at first.

Response from Fons

Thank you so much for this review! So glad to hear that Fons is helping your business, and we look forward to making it better and better! To your note about keeping the different billing methods to keep straight.. totally agree. We chose to support those 3 billing methods since they each have upsides, and all of the allow a provider to eliminate invoicing and automate payments... which is awesome. We've added notes to our design queue to take this feedback to make the billing options clearer to new users! Thank you so much for the feedback. As always, thanks for being part of the fons family, and keep us posted if you need anything else.!

Jerry Trzeciak

iROCK Music School

Reviewed 2019-04-15

Outstanding value for money. The team are so helpful and always professional and patient. They take on board feedback and do great things with it to make the product even better.

Pros
This platform is easy to use and so professional looking. Our clients never miss an appointment and the program just keeps getting better.

Cons
Integrated payment system is so good. Plus the visual layout makes managing your schedule so easy.

Jonathan Blakoe

Great Scheduling tool & platform

Reviewed 2019-09-08

We have been using Fons for several months in our music related businesses, it's been a great experience so far, keep it going !

Pros
We love how easy it was to set up, the interface is easy to use, there are several possibilities of automating and integrating the key functionalities, and the pricing is reasonable.

Cons
I don't think there is anything specific we disliked about Fons, it's a great service overall and happy to keep using this in our business!

Response from Fons

Thank you so much for your review., and we're so glad that you're enjoying Fons. Feel free to keep us posted if & when you come across something that could use improvement, or if you think of a feature you could use! So much of our design is coming straight from our users. We appreciate you big time.!

Brittney Thomson

Fons Is Life Changing

Reviewed 2018-09-15

Awesome.. can’t say that enough.

Pros
As a vocal Coach I struggled for YEARS with working out a convenient way to bill people, especially in the event of having to hold students accountable for my 24 hour notice cancellation policy without just losing the student altogether or having an awkward conversation with them. (I am very non-confrontational) Fons has COMPLETELY fixed that for me! I have never heard a complaint for my policy since using Fons and never missed receiving a payment because Fons retrieves it for me. Also never lost students over it. I honestly make $300-$400 from cancellations a month that I would not have been paid prior to using it. Fons is the middle man for me and it makes everything so easy!

Cons
I honestly have no real complaints. Customer service is always asking how to improve the product and they have actually taken and worked with multiple suggestions I’ve given!

Response from Fons

Hey Brittney,

While we do have a ton of great easy to use features, everyone does love the automated cancellation policy. Whoa, $300-$400 a month from cancellations, you are now able to capture, that's amazing! We've had others tell us the same thing, but until you really start adding it up it's hard to imagine it would ever be that much. Great job & glad we could help! Also, thanks for the great review!

¿ Mica ~ Customer Success Team

Allison Schweitzer

Time is Money - Fons is Saving me Tons of It!

Reviewed 2018-11-06

It was a big switch for me, to bring all my clients aboard this system. I knew it would take some time, and there would likely be questions along the way. Let's just say it took significantly less effort than I was expecting. The chat support has been phenomenal. I don't know how they do it, but the Fons team seems to always be ready to answer my questions, no matter what time of day/night. If they didn't quite know the answer instantly, they got back to me ASAP.

Pros
The overall look is simple, clean, and is very user-friendly. Probably 95% of the clients I work with LOVE it, and found it very easy to change over to for payments and scheduling. The other 5% are the ones who generally dislike technology as a whole, and/or find it difficult. I've especially noted the praise I've received from employing Fons in my business (thanks for making me look good!) from those clients I know work in the tech industry themselves. They have seemed impressed.

Cons
I work with a large variety of clients in a number of ways, and ultimately would love to be able to do just a couple more specific things with different sets of client lists, etc. However, I know Fons is a young company; I've been assured that some of those things are coming down the pike.

Response from Fons

Hey Allison,

Thanks for the great review and glad we made you look so good, so awesome to hear:)

We are loving all of your feedback and great ideas for new feature enhancements and are working on them as quickly as possible, so keep them coming!

¿ Mica ~ Customer Success Team

Rob Hampton

I no longer dread billing my students.

Reviewed 2018-09-17

I love teaching guitar, but I hate the tedious administrivia part of running your own business, and until recently the worst part was scheduling and billing my students. I tracked their lessons with pencil and paper, and used email to schedule and bill. Looking back on it, the whole process was incredibly inefficient and prone to miscommunication and mistakes. Now my calendar is synced with my students, and the billing happens behind the scenes. When I first signed up with Fons I think it had just opened for business, and I'd occasionally encounter bugs. Their customer service is AMAZING. Like, "how do you stay in business with this level of service?" amazing. Not only did they genuinely care if I had a problem, often things I reported got fixed within a few days. The app now feels solid and I recommend it without reservation.

Pros
Not spending six hours at the start of every month calculating and emailing invoices to each of my students.

Cons
A minor gripe: I'd like to have access to a record of each email Fons sends on my behalf.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Anonymous

solid company, still optimizing their product

Reviewed 2019-04-08

After reviewing several scheduling options, this one did not make the cut due to low integration options and lack of 2-way google sync.

Pros
It's always refreshing to see a scheduling service that acknowledges coaches. The client and program management features are particularly helpful. It's great to be able to invoice clients up front for services, and streamline and automate things such as cancellation policies and billing. Very intuitive and easy.

Cons
Doesn't offer the level of customization available from some similarly priced services. Fees are somewhat higher than other services. However, the biggest issue is 2-way sync with google calendar.

Response from Fons

Hey there! Thanks so much for the review and the feedback. It sounds like the big feature you are wanting is integrations with other services. We'll be offering a robust suite of integrations very soon! We opted to hold off on integrations until we pinpointed exactly how our platform would best serve our customers, and could identify which integrations would be most beneficial. We'll hope to chat with you again in the near future!

Likelihood to recommend: 4/10

Daniel Nguyen

Fons is incredibly easy to use and makes life easy for me and my clients

Reviewed 2018-07-27

Benefits include: Less headaches, bigger bank account, and more time to focus on making/teaching music.

Pros
First off, the customer support is amazing. Very quick to respond, friendly, and of course helpful. I've been teaching private music lessons and tutoring for almost 10 years, on and off though because of the headaches that come with scheduling miscommunications, chasing payments, etc. Fons takes care of all that without me having to work for an agency that will take a 70% cut. I've never been happier to teach since using Fons.

Cons
I wouldn't consider it a con, but as a user in Canada, I hope that one day there will be alternative payment options for my clients other than credit card.

Jerry Berman

Reviewed 2018-01-04

Pros
I've been a private tennis instructor for over 20 years. I teach 25-30 hours of private and group lessons per week and typically spend 10-15 hours scheduling, rescheduling, tracking down checks and depositing them into the bank. I've tried a number of different scheduling apps (Mind Body and others) as well as a combination of google cal and fresh books to help with efficiency. I've found these platforms to be either super clunky, cost too much or just flat out sucked. I started using Fons a few months ago and at first it seemed too good to be true. From the moment I signed up the customer service team was there and has been incredibly responsive. I'm not very tech savvy but it has been so easy to use and all my students love it. It basically combines scheduling, billing and payments into one easy program. Now that all my students have converted over to Fons I spend less than an hour on administrative time per week.

Samantha Bassler

Fons customer service feedback

Reviewed 2018-09-22

I like the quick customer service feedback, but I have two pieces of advice to make the customer service experience better. Sometimes it feels like the team is defensive about bugs, despite this being a new software and therefore understandably prone to bugs. For Fons, it doesn’t seem like the customer is always right. I had a rather negative experience when the CEO responded to my anxiety in an email badly, accusing me of not reading it thoroughly getting impatient when I didn’t understand. I think this is unfair, since I am not a tech person and operating this level of technology for my business has been daunting and stressful, especially since adopting it correctly affects how and when I’ll be paid. As a disability rights activist who is married to someone with a reading disability, the accusation of not reading it correctly came across as rather ableist and condescending. I’d rather keep things professional, which for the customer service side I think means dealing with understandably nervous and anxious clients with grace and kindness. Or not taking their money. Which unfortunately I had already paid for the entire year just before this distressing exchange.

Pros
It’s pretty easy to use, but has a learning curve that can be overwhelming, especially since it’s a new software and there are still bugs being worked out as features are added.

Cons
The high learning curve and how that affected how quickly I’d be paid.

Response from Fons

Hey there Samantha. I am so sorry that any of my correspondences came across as anything other than supportive. My aim was to be as succinct and explanatory as possible. Our team was "all hands on deck" to try to get you up and running as smoothly as possible. That was our intention, and why I jumped in to try and help. I teach and and have worked within the developmentally disabled community, & I feel quite saddened that I represented myself in a way that offended you. We appreciate your willingness to use the platform and we value your feedback. If you decide that you don't want to use Fons for your studio, we'll refund your money and wish you well.

Likelihood to recommend: 3/10

Shannon Ninburg

Fons has made scheduling so easy

Reviewed 2018-08-08

Pros
We use Fons software for scheduling our son's music lessons. It has really streamlined both scheduling and payment for us. Before, we'd have to remember to bring a check in to each lesson, and any time we'd want to adjust or cancel lesson times, we'd have to try to get in touch with his teacher with a phone call/email, etc. and there was back and forth about what other times could work.Now payment is automatically taken care of, and scheduling changes happen directly through the app. I can see the calendar of possible lesson times, and his teacher can approve of them directly.

Cons
Credit card transaction fees seem a little high

Response from Fons

Thanks Shannon, for the awesome review! Unfortunately, the credit card fees are from our processor, but as the client you shouldn't have any fees, if you see something different please let us know.

We are busy improving the client-side for an even better experience! If you have any ideas we would love the feedback:)

Karin Wilcox

Best Customer Service I've Ever Experienced

Reviewed 2018-11-08

I'm using them to set up client management and billing for my voice studio.

Pros
If you teach lessons,or provide hourly services of any kind, and need a more streamlined, easy way to manage your schedule and do billing, this is the way to go. Beyond having a really intuitive user interface, they have some of the best, most personal customer service I've ever seen. Literally, you can video-chat directly with the creators/ developers. It feels more like joining a team/ family than just purchasing a service, and they pay YOU to give you a personal tour of the site when you join.

Cons
I have no complaints. Any additional functionality I'd like, they are already working on.

Steve Treseler

Love Fons!

Reviewed 2018-04-18

Pros
Automates my scheduling and billing and allows me to focus on teaching. I save tons of time--way less email and accounting, and I don't have to play debt collector. Students in my studio love the flexibility. Support is super fast and responsive. Price is a bargain.

Cons
Some of my clients (mostly with older phones) have trouble with the app. The desktop version is no problem.

Response from Fons

Hey Steve, thanks for the review, as you know we released our new faster app, which works great with old phones now:) We have an article in our help center on downloading.

Katie Levine

Fons Review

Reviewed 2018-09-16

Fons allows me to invest my full energy into teaching my students when we have our lessons, rather that spending time and energy discussing policy and payment. My relationships with families of my students have been greatly improved because of Fons!

Pros
I am a piano teacher, and I love that Fons has eliminated all of the awkward conversations about money and payment with clients. Fons automatically bills clients on a per lesson or monthly subscription basis, it has been really great to not have to keep track of forgetful clients and chase payment. Fon’s customer service is very helpful, friendly and quick.

Cons
While the monthly fee is very low, the processing fees are slightly higher then other comparable services for music teachers. The processing fees are more than worth it for the time I save, and the ease of use of this program!

Jonny Akamu

Fons has been awesome and it keeps getting better. Makes everything so much easier.

Reviewed 2018-07-28

Pros
For the most part it works really well and is super easy to use. The Fons team is always ready fix any problems and their support is above and beyond.

Cons
Right now that the bugs have been worked out. I don't have any cons.

Carol Perry

excellent resource for independent contractors!

Reviewed 2018-07-31

Pros
i really love how seamless this is to use. the interface is simple, the navigation is intuitive, and it doesn't have anything extraneous that i don't need. I like that i can make my own hours and that everything has to be approved.

Cons
i think i would like a way to mass schedule or cancel my appointments. i see why it's handy to have it one at a time, but i also know that blocking out availability for weeks or months is something i would definitely use. I also want to have the option to make sure my appointments get scheduled back to back, instead of whenever they want.

Response from Fons

Carol, wow we just talked about having a way to have appointment availability to recalculate back to back, stay tuned that may get released sooner rather than later. I added you to the other feature request card.

Brian Monroney

A great scheduling and payment system for teachers and other professions

Reviewed 2018-08-03

Pros
I am a part-time music teacher, but busy a full-time professional musician. Fons has a clear, easy to understand interface and simple scheduling and communication tools for managing my students. Being able to respond to scheduling requests or cancel/reschedule lessons easily from my phone while at a gig or session is very convenient. Having to never discuss payment with students or their parents after the initial setup is really nice, allows the lesson time to be focused on what matters - instruction.

Cons
I have had no major issues or complaints about Fons.

Daphne Gerling

Fantastic and Helpful Fons

Reviewed 2018-09-16

Fons has completely automated by business's billing and scheduling. Parents of clients are happy and have had no issues. Customer support is OUTSTANDING and IMMEDIATE.

Pros
Fons truly automates billing so you don't have to invoice your clients. It makes it easy to send out appointment requests, reschedule them, and the link to my phone calendar is fantastic and updates instantly. The layout is clear and unfussy, and the product does exactly what it says it will do.

Cons
I would like a couple of additional features, which I hear are in the works for the near future. One is the ability to bill a client for a simple fee not connected to a calendar appointment. And the other is to connect to Quickbooks. That said, this software is doing GREAT things.