All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

ThunderTix Reviews

Pros

Thundertix has been great to work with. The software responds to our needs and the ability to customise it to suit our needs and configurations is so helpful.

Ina h.

Leona R.

Read the full review
We really like that is is user friendly for the customer, our reps and our users. The support is beyond excellent anytime a question or concern pops up.

Wendy K.

Kirsten S.

Read the full review
Hard to find/use screen at venue day of for day of purchasers. Day of purchasers are not in alpha order, they are listed at bottom which requires seaching for them to check them in.

Erika B.

Robin W.

Read the full review

Easy Interface. Easy to Setup. Reliable & A+ Professional Customer Service.

I enjoyed the overall experience. What was great about ThunderTix was a combination of two things, dependability and customer service. Whenever I had a question they answered it either by phone or email in a timely manner. They were also very thorough as to what you cannot and could do. With much creativity and flexibility there isn't really much you cannot do with their ticketing system.

Pros

It's affordable with its different ticketing plans, and you are not stuck paying an outrageous percentage of your sales. *Customer Service *Dependable *Automated Pre-sale system *Automated Post-sale system *Works on smartphones and tablets with easy. *Promotional tools. *Easy simple buttoning system even low tech Church volunteers of an elderly age were able to operate. *SSL Encryption on their end. *Works with multiple merchant portals

Cons

I am not really sure. They seem to even be concerned about quickly changing their system to benefit you from their open customer support page. You can see what the customers complained about, and even how they solved it. It was freaking incredibly risky, but also awesome to see how they fixed it. So if there are issues which I did not experience, they probably won't last too long.

Customer Service A+

We have been using Thundertix for nearly three years, and have been big fans of the software from the beginning, but their response to changing needs during the COVID-19 crisis have made us ThunderTix fans for life. The Thundertix team has quickly and efficiently continued to add new features that are critical during this time. The newly added options to bulk refund tickets to gift certificates and add automated social distancing seating charts are GAME CHANGERS for our industry right now. They have saved our staff hours of time and energy by implementing easy to use, effective features. Plus, they are in my opinion the absolute best bang for your buck that you can get in a ticketing software. They have lower per ticket rates than most of their competitors with superior service.

Pros

The software is incredibly user friendly. The low per ticket cost was the greatest deciding factor for us, but we have been wowed by their customer service and breadth of features. We are a non-profit theatre company that operates 10 small venues (sub 300 seats). Things we love: assigned seating, easy transfer and refund options, PDF tickets, unlimited user accounts (we have lots of ticketing volunteers), integrated email, offer to round up to nearest $5 for donation, bulk discount code creation, season tickets, pre and post event surveys.

Cons

We would like to see more versatility within season tickets, such as creating season or package tickets across multiple venues. We would like to see additional versatility with coupon codes, such as creating a code that can be used only once per person.

Fine but not the best option out there

I feel like the biggest benefit is the price and the customization of the software. I would highly recommend spending quality time on the set-up to ensure you're using it to the best of its ability for your organization.

Pros

The customization is really nice -- from show details, customer reminders, and prices. The customer side of things is really clean and well setup.

Cons

The navigation can be non-intuitive, but understandable once you get the lay of the land. The biggest issue we've come across is the inability to delete or archive orders. Our group sales processes including deposits were always in jeopardy of getting really messy on the back end. Even leaving notes about orders that you couldn't later update would get irritating for the small space provided.

Thanks for your great feedback. We spent a bit of time this year trying to improve our interlinking to make it easier than ever, and our efforts will continue. We truly want to be the most efficient, time saving software. If you have specific suggestions, I am all ears. You are welcome to write me directly, or you can create a feature request once you're logged in. I'll look forward to hearing from you!

Thundertix Is a Really Good Software for our purpose

Overall I am happy with Thundertix and the process to use the software.

Pros

I think that Thundertix is easy to use once you get the hang of it. They have very good customer service. I like the fact that you can suggest new features

Cons

I think that sometimes when I send in a support request it is hard to get across my explanation of what the issue is. But eventually it gets worked out. We now have phone support but have not used it yet. Maybe that is a better way to get something figured out.

Great Customer Service and User Friendly!

Pros

Thundertix is fantastic when it comes to customer service, answering all requests in a timely fashion. It is also very user friendly! We have received several compliments from parishioners, most of them older, that it is so easy to select their seat for church.

Cons

No cons! Everything works well and the service is great!

The Goldilocks of ticketing software

Moving to ThunderTix has been one of the BEST decisions our theater has made. We had been using a very expensive ticketing software which was just too BIG for us. I like to say that ThunderTix is the "Goldilocks" of ticketing software for us... not too big, not too small, but juuusst right!

Pros

What I like MOST about ThunderTix is that is does NOT cost an arm and a leg to get a powerful yet easy to use ticketing software.

Cons

The software has actually been fairly easy to set up and use. We had a bit of confusion at first migrating our information from our previous software, but support helped us a lot. We also had some issues connecting our credit card terminal, but I don't think that is necessarily ThunderTix's fault.

Children's Ministry Registration Made Easy

We use ThunderTix at our church to have parents register their children for Sunday Worship service(s). With COVID guidelines we feel this is a simpler way to meet social distancing and the cleaning factor of our computer KIOSKS. Both the pre school director and myself like knowing who will be in each service so that we can plan our teachers and class sizes. Parents have easily navigated our website to the link for ThunderTix and have been able to register their children.

Pros

I like that ThunderTix lets us imput dates and times for our events and services. I like receiving the email notice that someone has used ThunderTix. I like that we can make it cost nothing or something again based on our individual event. I appreciate the easy use for our families as they register their children for our Sunday Worship services. I like that parents are able to include a message in their reservation if needed.

Cons

When I change my setting from Public to Private I have noticed some of our parents still register their children for our Sunday Worship and they think I have received the notice when in fact I didn't because I changed the setting to Private. So, on a few Sundays I have missed some of the kids whose parents thought they were registered. To avoid this I have left the registration "open" but parents still think it closes at noon on Thursday.

A first class, easy to use platform

First class implementation assistance and incredibly swift to react to any problems or issues that arise

Pros

It was very easy to integrate into our current websites and customisable to our use. It was refreshing to find a developer who allowed the customers to suggest improvements and we have seen it become far more customer friendly as it has evolved over the past 4 year

Cons

At the very beginning we had to adapt our requirements to meet what they could offer but they soon made changes to the functionality and it has become better each subsequent year

Above Expectations

I am satisfied and happy overall

Pros

Easy to use and the customer service is very responsive

Cons

Changing the date. Have to move the expiration date first. Not really a issues just could be eliminated step

Great product!

Just love the experience/product - the price is very reasonable, easy to use!

Pros

Very easy to use the customer service is over the top!

Cons

I think all aspects of the software/system are very user friendly

Thundertix is not just a software program - it is a community.

Overall our experience is excellent. We are very happy with this product!

Pros

We love working with ThunderTix. ThunderTix has an amazing support system in place. It is like having another team member in the office that you can go to and say 'this isn't working for me, can you do something about it?' And they say Yes - And then they do it!! This past Friday I contacted ThunderTix Support with a feature request and they had it sorted out by the time I got back to the office...

Cons

If I had to pick something - converting my monthly invoices from USD to CAD but really that's not an issue.

For the New Employee

The program, for the money, delivers a fantastic product. It is dependable and most of what we want to do with it is available. Also, it is always improving with regular updates that make it even more robust and user-friendly.

Pros

As a new employee, I appreciated that, since the previous employee had already loaded it with events, I was up and running from day 1. I could navigate to what I needed and I could sell tickets without too much training. I haven't preloaded and posted a whole season of events yet, but I have added additional performances to existing shows and I've added the occasional event. Once you've done it, it is a fairly simple process. Also, in the short amount of time that I have been using Thundertix I have seen multiple updates and improvements made to the software that were either beneficial for me or they were changes that I could see would be helpful to someone in a slightly different business or industry. The software seems to always be improving.

Cons

I don't like the coupon and discount limitations. For example, we can't offer a percent off the entire transaction, without manually discounting the purchase. Also, I am frustrated that I can't just call someone who knows the software well. The FAQ's are extensive, but if you aren't familiar with the vocabulary used within the system, you spend a lot of time trying to figure out what words to use for a successful search.

Hi Kirsten! Thanks for your great feedback about how easy it was to get started with ThunderTix! I wanted to let you know that you can absolutely create a coupon to offer a percent off the entire transaction. Next time you create a coupon, look for the option that says, Select the manner in which your customers should use the coupon and choose, "Limit Usage to Once per Order". We also have...

ThunderTix is fabulous!

ThunderTix is fabulous! It is very easy to use and to put an event together. When we first started, we had a lot of questions figuring it all out, but reaching customer support was super simple. When I contacted I got a response within 24 hours. The customer representative is usually the main person I deal with and she is amazing. She always is super friendly and very knowledgeable about every problem we have. She always knows exactly where to direct me and how to answer it, so I would highly recommend to anyone.

Pros

There are a lot of pros to it. It is very user friendly and easy to understand and put events together. Kinda repeating what I put on the first page: "when we first started, we had a lot of questions figuring it all out, but reaching customer support was super simple. When I contacted I got a response within 24 hours. The customer representative is usually the main person I deal with and she is amazing. She always is super friendly and very knowledgable for every problem we have. She always knows exactly where to direct me and how to answer it, so I would highly recommend to anyone."

Cons

Anything I would suggest would probably be: I wish there was an easier way to do "at the door stuff." I don't think I have researched it enough to know enough about it, but we would love to figure out a better way to run that more. Also: We have had some issues with the "visibility feature." Sometimes if we had the visibility available until midnight one night, we had clients and then tried ourselves...

The Best Online Ticketing Model

When we selected ThunderTix they were the only online ticket service that we could find that did not charge a 'per ticket service fee' to our customers. That model was vital to our selection as we do not believe online ticketing should be cost a premium over walk-ups. We knew that ticket fees never come down at other online ticketing providers, with some now charging over 50% of the ticket face...

Pros

#1 - No added/rising fees to our patrons! Improving interface Customized Compatible with Authorize.net Reasonable cost PDF Ticketing Easy to train Reliable and Available

Cons

Reporting still being developed/enhanced Better testing and version control has been requested No real-CRM capability for patron management/history Development seems focused on "new" features (i.e. Facebook integration) more than refinement of existing features (i.e. reporting) Error codes are confusing to patrons when transactions are not going through Transaction/Administration speeds varies (system tweaking is needed after most iterations)

A lot has changed since 2011 -- In February 2014, ThunderTix rolled out a full CRM for patron management. It includes complete patron purchase history, donations management, robust filtering to report on multiple levels of customer data. All error messages that a patron might see during the purchase process have been modified, all order data saved on a declined transaction, and all fields with problems...

ThunderTix Gets It Right The First Time

ThunderTix is the absolutely the best online ticketing system I have found to date. There were a number of companies which pitched their products and we tried a number of them. Ultimately none of the competing products were as simple to use or as well suited to our needs. I can honestly say that ThunderTix made a lifelong client in our organization, due in no small part to the communication skills of both Stacy and Dawn. Did I mention the one time fee for festivals?? If we looked at nothing else, ThunderTix wins our business hands down. If you are considering online ticketing or are looking to switch from another company, I can assure you that you will not be disappointed with ThunderTix!

Pros

To begin with, this was the first time our organization has attempted to sell tickets online. Our experience with ThunderTix was almost exclusively positive. 1) They are exceptionally easy to work with and provide outstanding customer service. I honestly can't say enough about this. Our questions and comments were many times responded to within minutes. Stacy and Dawn are both extraordinary...

Cons

While there isn't much I can say in the way of cons, I will list the one minor annoyance we had (has been resolved though) when using the system. 1) The manor in which ThunderTix integrated with out payment processor (Authorize.net) resulted in an occasional double charge (very rare) and some error messages which were difficult for our customers to interpret. As I mentioned above, I have been told these problems have been corrected. I only list them here in the interest of completeness of this review. We fully intend on using ThunderTix in 2012 and I will update this review if possible.

Excellent platform for online booking; Top-notch and responsive customer service

We've been using Thundertix since 2011 for my busy sailing tour and charter business. Before we chose Thundertix, we thoroughly evaluated at least five other online reservation/booking software systems and found that Thundertix's combination of features, simple user interface , powerful back end for reports and pricing could not be beat. We are often approached by other competitors and have sometimes...

Pros

Ease of use. Easy to get new employees trained. Powerful reports for marketing and order tracking. Allows you to put all your inventory online and have just one platform for box office walk-up, phone and online bookings. Seamless. The online question and answer section is excellent.

Cons

Can't really think of anything.

ThundertTix Rocks

Thundertix has boosted our ticket sales for all events. It promotes advance registration and reduces cancellations, changes and refunds. However, having those options available in the system has made it easier for us to maneuver changes when they must be made. Our customer love the ability to do things on line from home, yet have the ability call or stop in & we can make the reservations for them.

Pros

The customer service is superb. We love the ability to have multi level tickets, ticket discounts & the ability to customize tickets in detail. Love the reserving ability for seats and that it is controlled by us and not the public. Appreciate that you allow us to add in cash or check sales to keep track of all sales for an event. It has made our ability to account for an event at the end 100% better.

Cons

The inability to have a store for merchandise separate from adding to a ticket. Refunds & exchanges to multi day events can get very confusing. Most for us in theater as people will purchase tickets & exchange for another show time. The money flow can be confusing when doing the books for close out.

eTicketing made easy

I have a small business where I have to sell tickets online to reach my out of town customers. And being small, I need every dollar I can get to keep my tours going. I have been using other 3rd party ticketing sites, and I loose a lot of my profit to pay these big sites their 3+ percent fee for every ticket I sell. My tickets sell for $150+, loosing 3-4% of every tickets adds up quick and I got sick...

Cons

Great news Rian! We've now made coupons available to ALL levels -- even the Starter Plan you signed up for. We agreed with you that it should be made available to everyone, so we changed the Plans recently to reflect your request. Click on the Coupons tab in your account today to start taking advantage of all the various discounts and promo codes you can now offer. And, don't forget to peek at the How-To Video Tutorial on creating coupons for guidance.

Clay Eichler Memorial Fund appreciates Thundertix and Pam!Ei

We started a non profit in 2014. I have volunteered in a lot of areas over my years, but I've never been one of the main people behind starting a non profit much less throwing a concert and golf scramble in the same day. With a lot of amazing help from friends our events were successful. I credit thundertix with the ease of getting information to supporters. This kept our contributors in the know,...

Fee free ticketing system

We selected Thundertix because they did not charge us on the basis of a per ticket fee. Our customers hated paying add on fees, and Thundertix was the only company that we found that did not charge that way. The produce is easy to use, but most importantly enhancements and changes are made based on client suggestions. They have a forum that you can use to make a suggestion, and vote on other suggestions. We have been using it for five years and have been happy with the enhancements that they have developed. Any problems are dealt with very quickly by the support team.

Pros

Has a lot of flexibility for other season ticket passes, private functions, and for displaying ticketing information on our website

Cons

Would like more integration options with Canadian merchant gateways

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We wanted to let you know that ThunderTix now supports many different gateway options (and even currencies). At the time of this writing, we have 13 integration options for Canadian gateways, seen here: http://www.thundertix.com/features/sell-tickets-online-internet-merchant-account/ As always, keep sharing your ideas to help us improve!

I really enjoy working with Thundertix. It is a very user-friendly program.

Pros

The ease of use of creating events and how easy it is to apply the program to our website. I also enjoy the incredibly fast response from their customer service. There is also a Request a Feature page and you can ad your request or problem to it and vote for others that have already been submitted. The Thundertix team works on the requests in order of votes or sometimes fixes a glitch right away. The newest feature I got really excited about is the shopping cart, which gives patrons the option to purchase several events in one transaction.

Cons

That I can't get into an attempted order by a customer who made a mistake (in real time). I have to wait until the remaining checkout time has passed instead of being able to cancel the transaction for them and to start over.

Best Bang for your Buck!

We are able to offer fair ticket mark-up costs to our customers compared to other ticketing platforms which charge way to much for their services.

Pros

We love the price partnered with all the incredible features. Also, Thundertix is ALWAYS working to improve and is ALWAYS adding new and exciting features based on their customers requests. Their customer service is also amazing!

Cons

I wish that there was more of a variety of email softwares that ThunderTix software could automatically import to.

Hello Katie, First, thank you for the great review. I hope we continue to exceed your expectations. We are eager to improve our integrations. Were you aware that you can add your ideas as a feature request? We create many fantastic features as a direct result of those requests, so please take a moment to add your idea and the specific integration you'd like.

Best decision ever!

ThunderTix has been the best decision we could have made! It is all easy to use, and the Support Team is quick to respond and meet your needs. They also are always taking suggestions from their customers about new features to introduce! (They even credit the customer when they do!) And the pricing is perfect for those of us who do not sell tickets year-round. You move to maintenance months/pricing until you are ready to sell again. I have been the sole contact person for our company since day one, and have never had a anything but positive experiences with ThunderTix!

Pros

This program has been easy to use since day one. Now we are beginning year four, and they introduce new features every year! It is easy to set up events and manage the behind the scenes of the software, and even easier to use it to sell tickets on location at our events, and it's the easiest to purchase them as a customer! Its a win for everyone! Reports are easy to run and are complete and customizable as to what information is included on them. And one of my favorite newer features is a daily email with total sales.

Cons

I really like it all! Possibly entering coupon codes had a bit of a learning curve to it, but I have it down now and it works like a charm.

I Heart ThunderTix

My overall experience has far exceeded my expectations. I have never under any circumstances had the level of attentive and courteous online customer service like I have received from ThunderTix. The customer support has been outstanding and I can't say enough great things about the immediate responses to questions, informative answers, and above all the courteous nature of each and every representative i've worked with thus far. I must add that this outstanding customer service started from the moment I opened a live chat with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and has continued with each and every time I reach out asking for assistance.

Pros

As an organization we needed a platform that would allow our attendees select their ticket price option as well as their seat location at the venue. Before finding ThunderTix, I researched and contacted over half a dozen different platforms that either offered one or the other but not both!!

Cons

Although ThunderTix has provided nearly everything we need, the only con I have is not visually seeing the current seats available from the seating chart. With 70 tables and 700 seats it has been a little difficult for users to determine available seating by being required to hover over each individual table to see how many seats are left. The hover feature is a nice option if registering from the computer. But if registering via mobile device a user must click on each table individually before seeing how many seats are left.

ThunderTix continually provides outstanding service!

I was lucky enough to have found ThunderTix when I worked for The Cider Mill Playhouse in Endicott, New York, almost ten years ago. Stacy Chapman helped me learn the system and how to easily customize it for our oddly shaped (half circle thrust) theater. Our older, not-so-computer-savvy customers found it to be extremely user friendly and it really streamlined the box office experience too! Two years...

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

Ā© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.