ThunderTix Reviews

4.8

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.43/10

Reviews by rating

Thundertix has been great to work with. The software responds to our needs and the ability to customise it to suit our needs and configurations is so helpful.
The service team is excellent; they’re always on hand to help and seem always seem happy to. You can customise tickets which is really handy and it’s totally controlled by us.
We love working with ThunderTix. ThunderTix has an amazing support system in place.
You seriously can not talk to anyone if you have a problem. I had to take it off my website because so many people called me having trouble actually completing purchases.
The inability to have a store for merchandise separate from adding to a ticket. Refunds & exchanges to multi day events can get very confusing.
The biggest issue we've come across is the inability to delete or archive orders. Our group sales processes including deposits were always in jeopardy of getting really messy on the back end.

BH

Brienne H.

Vocal Empowerment Guide, Speaker Trainer

Professional Training & Coaching, self-employed

Saves you time with exceptional support!

Transcript

Brienne: Hi, my name is Brienne, I am the founder of a local marketing agency, and I am the only employee....

That was such an amazing review, and our team is head-over-heels in love with you over it! My goodness, we have work to do, so that all of our clients feel just like you! Many thanks from Team ThunderTix!

SM

Sheldon M.

Civic & Social Organization, 1-10 employees

Large event ticketing

We do limited events throughout the year. The customer base is spread across California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Colorado, and New Mexico. ThunderTix makes it possible for us to successfully execute our programs

Pros

Ease of design, ease of operations, and easy to pause when no events are scheduled. No issues and rapid response from customer service

Cons

I have no identified any issues with the program. Every works as advertised.

I remember telling someone that my golf drive didn't go very far, but it was always straight down the middle. When we played together for the first time, I shanked it, and she yelled, "NOT as advertised!" Our team here is very happy that our system functions a whole lot better than that drive. :) Thank you, Sheldon, for your glowing praise. If you stumble across an "errant shot" that could use a tweak, let me know. I'd love to make one more thing easier for you!

LW

Luana W.

The Goldilocks of ticketing software

Moving to ThunderTix has been one of the BEST decisions our theater has made. We had been using a very expensive ticketing software which was just too BIG for us. I like to say that ThunderTix is the "Goldilocks" of ticketing software for us... not too big, not too small, but juuusst right!

Pros

What I like MOST about ThunderTix is that is does NOT cost an arm and a leg to get a powerful yet easy to use ticketing software.

Cons

The software has actually been fairly easy to set up and use. We had a bit of confusion at first migrating our information from our previous software, but support helped us a lot. We also had some issues connecting our credit card terminal, but I don't think that is necessarily ThunderTix's fault.

Goldilocks...what an apt description, Luana. We like to feel that we are "just right" for organizations -- especially small to mid-sized live performance venues and the arts like yours. Our belief is that if you listen to your customers (most are just like you), they are going to guide you on how to build the tools they need. That's how you became our Goldilocks, and we became yours! :)

AT

Arliz T.

Used other for less than 6 months

It was a little hard to navigate through.

Pros

The PDFs were clearly visible and I preferred those over the excel sheets which were hard to follow.

Cons

The excel sheets were hard to follow so I would just use the PDFs. I also didn't like that you couldn't delete files created by accident, or at least archive them.

Arliz, I'm not sure how I missed this review from five years ago, but I think you would be delighted by our new design. We relaunched in 2022 with a huge interface overhaul and lots of report customizations. Hopefully, you've seen and agree that the changes have vastly improved our system making it one of the easiest professional platforms available.

OC

Olga C.

Thundertix Review from Quincy Music Theatre

I would definitely keep it. I know the company is always working to improve it, and that adds to my incentive to remain loyal.

Pros

It has numerous features that fit our business needs and maintains our customer data in a single place. I have yet to learn all the features and mine this software to its fullest potential.

Cons

I had a very hard time setting up Flex Packs. However, it might have to do with the way a previous user set it up.

SR

Stanley R.

Entertainment, self-employed

Early user of Thundertix

We have had a long relationship with Thundertix. We started using Thundertix before they had set up the fundraising/membership functions. We have always been able to figure out how to make something work, and Thundertix has always been there to add the functionality that we need.

Pros

We have used Thundertix for years. I like that Thundertix has improved the number and quality of the services it provides. They have been there for us every time we have had a problem.

Cons

During COVID we streamed some of our shows. We could not use Thundertix to sell the streaming tickets. That created a problem for our season ticket holders. Our season ticket holders wanted to use their Flexpass codes to purchase streaming tickets to the shows, and they could not.

LD

Lindsay D.

Wonderful Ticketing System

Absolutely wonderful, from the research to the onboarding, setup to usage, has been seamless and with very few hiccups.

Pros

Customer support is AMAZING!!! I love being able to see a list of all attendees in real-time, including when their barcode has been scanned. Patron database is top-notch and helpful, ordering tickets online is simple and easy for patrons.

Cons

There was a slight learning curve, but support is more than helpful and has guided me through every step of the way! The only thing I disliked was not being able to customize the seating chart in as much detail as I would like, but that was a minor issue for us.

Fine Art, 1-10 employees

Great product for large and small businesses

Overall I've had a wonderful experience with Thundertix. If I were running my own business this would be the first program I'd have in mind to utilize. The support/service team is excellent and I hope to maintain a good relationship with them.

Pros

Thundertix Is very customizable. My organization uses it for collecting payments for event tickets, intensives/workshops, and classes in our semesters. You can get the breakdown of each event easily and quickly which saves you times and shows you where to continue investing your time and products in. The interface is easy for clients to navigate and simple for staff members to learn how to utilize.

Cons

Functionality wise there are minor bumps in the road, but the support team is great with taking feedback, finding you an immediate solution, and taking your criticism into consideration for future updates.

If we didn't take critiques as invaluable feedback, we'd have a mediocre service undeserving of the five stars you gave us. So, thank you for giving us the opportunity to earn that rating by turning lemons into lemonade! It sounds like we've met a good number of your needs, and our support team took good care of you. Thank you for sharing your great experience!

AA

Allyne A.

Used monthly for 2+ years

Thunder Tix use for Non-Profits

Overall our experience with Thunder Tix has been very positive and I would recommend it to any business wanting flexible scheduling and ticketing.

Pros

When looking for a ticketing program for our small non-profit performing arts company we needed one that was uncomplicated to set up, user friendly for our patrons and affordable for our non-profit to use. One great feature since we only set up 2-3 events per year is that we can toggle between maintenance and reserved seating when not is use for a really reasonable monthly fee. Their customer service is excellent and very responsive and patient for every question I have had for them. The reports are also very comprehensive during and at the end of an event.

Cons

You are restricted to just a couple credit card processors.

GC

Greg C.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 employees

Very happy with ThunderTix choice!

Great customer service as well as how to info on their site.

Pros

Very easy to go behind the scenes and make changes and run reports. Very affordable with their pricing compared to others that had many additional fees per ticket.

Cons

No issues at all.

ThunderTix makes my job as a tour guide a lot easier, on the administration side of things.

It makes ticketing easy and checking in guests on a device gives us a more professional appearance.

Pros

I can quickly see my entire season at a glance and quickly check in my guests as they arrive. It has been a great step in moving towards a paperless ticketing system.

Cons

Our only issue has been when we are trying to check guests in on two devices, we have to stop to refresh to sync the list.

GB

Glynnis B.

Entertainment, 51-200 employees

Not for profit community theatre in Canada

Much more effective Reporting, ability to create own custom reports. REALLY appreciated being put on Maintenance Mode during pandemic. We get no assistance, and rely completely on seat sales. This allowed us to keep alive.

Pros

Setup and use is fairly intuitive, still need to refer to manual. Help upgraded, now most useful. Small changes to existing business processes, enabled streamlining and much more flexibility. Reporting much faster and more effective. Responsive to customer requests. VERY effective pivot to cope with Covid reality - thank you!

Cons

There are a few quirks, like the combination of Public Tickets in a Private event. And others. Read the manual, search the Help. You are most responsive to customer requests, so any issues are quickly and satisfactorily resolved.

I appreciate your feedback, Glynnis, especially with our response to Covid. Interestingly, some of those features we built to meet that challenge will stick around like timed seating and bulk refunds to a gift card, because our clients love them. (On the other hand, I hope that automated social distancing won't be necessary in the very near future!) When I read "public tickets for private events",...

BP

Brian P.

Performing Arts, 11-50 employees

[sensitive content hidden] and her team have always been very fair to deal with. You talk to real people which is very nice and they must treat their employees well as we've been working with the same people for many years. I like to work with company's that take care of their customers as well as their staff.

Pros

ThunderTix is easy to navigate from the admin/selling side and our customers find it easy to use to purchase tickets.

Cons

Not really a con, but they're always working to improve the system and take input from users like us directly. There's always features we'd love to have, and lucky they're working on bringing those to reality. I'm just impatient and wish we could have it all now, but as a whole it's a good system.

Brian, your comments raised something we rarely discuss -- namely, our colleagues love their roles here! We have staff that have been with us for 19 years, and our senior engineers are celebrating nearly a decade with us -- virtually unheard of today. That kind of longevity translates to a full understanding of the people we serve, which serves as a catalyst for new ideas, better interfaces, and improved performance. (Yet, we are all as impatient as you with what we WANT to do versus what we have time to accomplish!) Thank you for your kind words which allows me to celebrate the unsung heroes of ThunderTix -- our staff!

AO

Alecia O.

ThunderTix for the Win

I've been a Thundertix fan and user through at least 10 years and two different nonprofit organizations. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and her staff are phenomenally helpful and personable, and the software itself is always improving. If you think of a useful feature or a shortcut and suggest it to them, it will usually appear shortly - unless they've thought of it first! Thank you Thundertix!

Pros

Aside from the user-friendly, easily navigated and well organized features, what I like most about the software is how it anticipates features you need before you even know you need them. The combination of tech support and responsiveness to users' requests makes this software essential for organizations of any type or size. Plus, they have a very active and responsive Facebook presence. And easy integration with our secure ticket purchase system.

Cons

ThunderTix is perfect for us, a non-profit in a rural community; our own technology needs to be improved to make the best use of ThunderTix features such as scanning performance attendees' tickets from their smart phones, which is becoming increasingly popular with our audiences.

Love the title of your review, Alecia! "ThunderTix for the Win" is exactly what we aim to do -- help you win back more time with ease-of-use, win more revenue by allowing you to add (or not!) a fee to your tickets, help customers win by keeping any fees low or non-existent, and win more fundraising dollars with automated donations. We have some pointers on how to make scanning work best such as locking down your WIFI to keep it fast for your venue. Thanks for spending the last 10 years with us!

PC

Phil C.

Fine Art, self-employed

Great features, functions and capabilities

We are an all-volunteer community theater. Thundertix allows us to concentrate on the performance instead of having to constantly worry about the back office functions. The software made keeping track of advance sales, season tickets and reservations very simple.

Pros

The ability to sell tickets to a performance in a variety of ways... season subscriptions, flex passes, gift certificates, multiple price points, discount coupons, "sections of the house".

Cons

The biggest challenge to us was that tickets sold "at the venue" were still charged the full rate, even when the customer paid cash. That caused us to not use the software at point of sale, and so our reporting was never clean.

Phil, I can tell that you are a professional in the theatre space, because your needs are exactly why we've tailored our platform for the arts. Did you know that you can add a fee specific for those patrons arriving at the box office that might be a bit higher than if they self-serve online? Processing orders online and at the box office in the system helps conserve all date around your patrons in...

Jessica H.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

I Heart ThunderTix

My overall experience has far exceeded my expectations. I have never under any circumstances had the level of attentive and courteous online customer service like I have received from ThunderTix. The customer support has been outstanding and I can't say enough great things about the immediate responses to questions, informative answers, and above all the courteous nature of each and every representative i've worked with thus far. I must add that this outstanding customer service started from the moment I opened a live chat with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and has continued with each and every time I reach out asking for assistance.

Pros

As an organization we needed a platform that would allow our attendees select their ticket price option as well as their seat location at the venue. Before finding ThunderTix, I researched and contacted over half a dozen different platforms that either offered one or the other but not both!!

Cons

Although ThunderTix has provided nearly everything we need, the only con I have is not visually seeing the current seats available from the seating chart. With 70 tables and 700 seats it has been a little difficult for users to determine available seating by being required to hover over each individual table to see how many seats are left. The hover feature is a nice option if registering from the computer. But if registering via mobile device a user must click on each table individually before seeing how many seats are left.

What a difference a day makes, Jessica! When you had your chart built, our table layouts were new. Today, we have beautiful, responsive seat maps that will work perfectly for you and your users without that extra click to see open seats. If it hasn't been updated, please reach out to our team to have it rebuilt at no cost to you. Now, let me turn my attention to one of the most beautiful comments I've ever read about our team: "I have never under any circumstances had the level of attentive and courteous online customer service." I cannot tell you what that means to us, and I can promise you our team will be moved by your words. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to work with you!

MF

Megan F.

Performing Arts, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

ThunderTix is fabulous!

ThunderTix is fabulous! It is very easy to use and to put an event together. When we first started, we had a lot of questions figuring it all out, but reaching customer support was super simple. When I contacted I got a response within 24 hours. The customer representative is usually the main person I deal with and she is amazing. She always is super friendly and very knowledgeable about every problem we have. She always knows exactly where to direct me and how to answer it, so I would highly recommend to anyone.

Pros

There are a lot of pros to it. It is very user friendly and easy to understand and put events together. Kinda repeating what I put on the first page: "when we first started, we had a lot of questions figuring it all out, but reaching customer support was super simple. When I contacted I got a response within 24 hours. The customer representative is usually the main person I deal with and she is amazing. She always is super friendly and very knowledgable for every problem we have. She always knows exactly where to direct me and how to answer it, so I would highly recommend to anyone."

Cons

Anything I would suggest would probably be: I wish there was an easier way to do "at the door stuff." I don't think I have researched it enough to know enough about it, but we would love to figure out a better way to run that more. Also: We have had some issues with the "visibility feature." Sometimes if we had the visibility available until midnight one night, we had clients and then tried ourselves...

John H.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 11-50 employees

Excellent platform for online booking; Top-notch and responsive customer service

We've been using Thundertix since 2011 for my busy sailing tour and charter business. Before we chose Thundertix, we thoroughly evaluated at least five other online reservation/booking software systems and found that Thundertix's combination of features, simple user interface , powerful back end for reports and pricing could not be beat. We are often approached by other competitors and have sometimes...

Pros

Ease of use. Easy to get new employees trained. Powerful reports for marketing and order tracking. Allows you to put all your inventory online and have just one platform for box office walk-up, phone and online bookings. Seamless. The online question and answer section is excellent.

Cons

Can't really think of anything.

LE

Linda E.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Love building events with Thundertix.

I have been using Thundertix for about 5 years now and have been thoroughly satisfied with this event building software. Our Accounting Dept. appreciates the reports that I am able to generate for them.

Pros

Thundertix is very user-friendly and I love the efficiency in them answering your support requests. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was especially helpful and did not disconnect until she knew my request was totally answered.

Cons

I do not have any negatives for Thundertix at this time.

I'm not sure who you spoke to Linda, but I'm going to try to track down the customer success member who wouldn't let you go until you were confident! I promise to put a feather in their cap, so they can wear it prominently the day through. :) Now, I'd like to turn my attention to the areas you feel we could improve -- overall quality and value -- since these are areas we tend to brag on. Would you reach out for a quick chat with one of our team to share some feedback? We'd love to be the 5-star service you hoped we'd be! Thank you for your review and the opportunity for us to improve.

FH

Fran H.

Performing Arts, 51-200 employees

Easy to use.

Pros

Ease of use and good graphics, etc. Still some areas needing to be corrected.

Cons

Printing out the evenings ticket purchases not complete. We have to manually write in admin. comments. Only way to easily print is using right click on mouse and choosing print. This does not show all of the information needed. Need a better print option. Also, doing an exchange on a season ticket package does not fill in the correct amount and we have to zero out the ticket price so that it is not requesting money to be paid. Only works correctly for single ticket prices.

Fran, thank you for the opportunity to respond to your concerns. Would you please reach out to our fantastic customer team, so we can see how we can improve? We'd love to understand your goals and how we can help. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us!

NS

Nina S.

I really enjoy working with Thundertix. It is a very user-friendly program.

Pros

The ease of use of creating events and how easy it is to apply the program to our website. I also enjoy the incredibly fast response from their customer service. There is also a Request a Feature page and you can ad your request or problem to it and vote for others that have already been submitted. The Thundertix team works on the requests in order of votes or sometimes fixes a glitch right away. The newest feature I got really excited about is the shopping cart, which gives patrons the option to purchase several events in one transaction.

Cons

That I can't get into an attempted order by a customer who made a mistake (in real time). I have to wait until the remaining checkout time has passed instead of being able to cancel the transaction for them and to start over.

Jeff H.

Best Overall

The level of customer service alone is why I've purchased and continued to use Thundertix and won't go anywhere else.

Pros

I like the ease of use and implementation into our system.

Cons

There were some features in past that needed improvement but the company does listen to it's clients and generally fixes things upon demand of it's customers. The only thing left for them to do is to have more options for virtual ticket sales and integration.

Listening is the root of our success, and I'm glad you feel the same! Did you know that we completed over 250 new features based on the ideas and votes of our clients in the past five years? I hope you were a part of a few of at least a handful of those! Thank you for sharing your thoughts, but most of all, thank you for allowing us to welcome you to your forever home with us.

DC

Dave C.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Exceptional value

Their tech support is second to NONE. Any time I've sent tech support requests, their response has been measured in minutes (not hours or days). Their responses have been friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. Any downsides that we've had with the system has been addressed in service updates. Well Done!!!

Pros

Thundertix seems to check all the boxes when it comes to running tickets for a small community musical theatre playhouse. We don't utilize all the features (like concession/merch sales, assigned seating or gift cards) but the features we DO use has made our lives so much easier. Especially when it comes to customer confidence when emergency needs arise (exchanges, refunds, or bulk refunds).

Cons

I don't know that we've come up with any scenarios that haven't been addressed by the Thundertix team (for our needs)

Dave, you said that you are a small community musical theatre and not availing yourself of all the features. So, our goal is to help you grow, so all of our little extras find a foothold for your theatre. And yes, thank you for recognizing the hard work of our support team. They care, and I think you can concur, it shows!

LS

Lisa S.

Music, 1-10 employees

Thundertix Is a Really Good Software for our purpose

Overall I am happy with Thundertix and the process to use the software.

Pros

I think that Thundertix is easy to use once you get the hang of it. They have very good customer service. I like the fact that you can suggest new features

Cons

I think that sometimes when I send in a support request it is hard to get across my explanation of what the issue is. But eventually it gets worked out. We now have phone support but have not used it yet. Maybe that is a better way to get something figured out.

Yep, Lisa, we accept any idea and allow our entire user group to vote. I can't think of a more democratic way to request new features. Did you know we offer one-on-one training via Zoom? That might be just the ticket for you when you find yourself stumped!

TR

Tim R.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

An excellent choice!

Top-notch

Pros

Our community theatre needed a new ticketing solution, due to rising costs of our past provider. ThunderTix was recommended by a sister theatre in the area and, after completing a review process, we chose them as a new partner. The transition has been seamless on their end, and customer service has been exceptional when we made a mistake in a data file and everything had to be ripped out and reloaded. Set up of new events is intuitive and easy, whether the event is general admission, virtual, or in our reserved seating theatre space. The cost is lower than or previous partner and the software is more flexible. Reporting functions that we have used so far have been excellent.

Cons

So far, we have not had issues with anything. All is good!

Wow, Tim, what a glowing recommendation, and I'm thrilled we've been such a great fit in so many areas. Thank you for a fantastic review!

JD

Jennifer D.

So Far, so good!

The service we used for years went out of business and we had to find a new one fast. WE are really small, but we need a database for our patrons and a ticketing service. We did the free trial and found it user friendly and with everything we need (and more) for an affordable price. All through the process, from the initial question we asked, through loading in our info and signing up, the customer service has been excellent, and I appreciated the chance to explore it on my own before deciding, instead of just being forced to listen to a sales pitch about it.

Pros

It seems very user friendly and has a lot of features for the price. Customer service is excellent.

Cons

Nothing so far. Everything has been better than what we had before.

When any service is disrupted, it can feel so chaotic that it's nice to have a team you can rely on. So, Jennifer, I'm glad our staff here were able to help you through the stress. One way we reduce stress is to let you take a live test drive of our software with real human support if you need it. I'm thrilled to hear everything has met (and hopefully exceeded) your expectations. Thank you for sharing your wonderful review!