ThunderTix Reviews

4.7

How would you rate ThunderTix?

Pros

Thundertix has been great to work with. The software responds to our needs and the ability to customise it to suit our needs and configurations is so helpful.

Ih

Ina h.

The service team is excellent; they’re always on hand to help and seem always seem happy to. You can customise tickets which is really handy and it’s totally controlled by us.

MK

Maria K.

We love working with ThunderTix. ThunderTix has an amazing support system in place.

MR

Melanie R.

Cons

You seriously can not talk to anyone if you have a problem. I had to take it off my website because so many people called me having trouble actually completing purchases.

NH

Natale H.

The inability to have a store for merchandise separate from adding to a ticket. Refunds & exchanges to multi day events can get very confusing.

LR

Leona R.

The biggest issue we've come across is the inability to delete or archive orders. Our group sales processes including deposits were always in jeopardy of getting really messy on the back end.

Thundertix is the way to go when using choosing a ticketing system!

We have been using Thundertix for our ticketing system for years now and I could not be more pleased with their service, prices and willingness to help us in any area that is needed. I work in the Corporate Office in Gruene and we use Thundertix for our ticketing system for Gruene Hall. As you can imagine Thundertix plays a vital role in our day to day tickets sales and we rest assured knowing they are always making sure everything is up and running and that if there is a problem that they are working to fix it as quick as possible. I 100% recommend Thundertix to all businesses in this line of work. You will not be disappointed!

Pros

I like how I can manage our shows so easily. Thundertix is continually adding new features that give us new capabilities in reporting, the way we view our shows and the way we manage our shows as a whole.

Cons

There isn't anything I would change at this point.

Works Wonderful!! We love using this site for our ticket sales! It is so easy to use and nice layout

Ease of knowing my event is listed and available to everyone and so easy to use by us and our customers!

Pros

The ease of use is amazing. It makes it so anyone can us the site, even if you do not know computers! Seeing ticket sales and recording and keeping track of them is not a hassle with your site!

Cons

The one thing I like least about the software is that it limits search results for sales to 365 days only.

Great experience, very simple interface

Easy to manager dinner theater software!

Pros

Simple to use! Updates are based on user input, and happen frequently. Customer service is personal, and responsive. Cost is great!

Cons

Very little not to like about Thundertix. Years ago there were several limitations, but as of now (April 2018) there is nothing we have on our wish list.

ThunderTix Review

My overall experience with undertakes has been amazing! It has helped me sell tickets quickly and also engage with customers in being able to help their enquiries and their problems as we go through the information they have provided together over the phone or in person.

Pros

I like how the app is used easy to use in the sense of updating for both customers and business users, so there is a mutual communication on what we have to offer to them.

Cons

But there is not a description box of the event when you press manage instead you have to go into all of the settings to find the description of any event. If there was a Bloxwich had all the information for customers to read before they purchased the tickets e.g. what would be included at an event? What time the event would start? What things to bring?

We revamped our entire site, Natasha, so hopefully the interface has enabled you to much more easily manage and edit your events. We'd love to hear your feedback! I'm glad your customers found it a breeze to use, as we've devoted quite a bit of time to an easy purchase process. Thanks for a great review!

Overall, the ticket purchase process is user-friendly. Setting up an event was easy to figure out.

Our costumers are happy to reserve their own seats.

Pros

What we liked most about the software was to be able to modify some of the features such as the fee, comp codes, reserved seating and block seating. It is easy to set up as event and make corrections. Research features such as Orders, Customers and Guest List in alphabetical order helped a lot when we are selling box office tickets and guests have inquiries about their ticket or modes of payment.

Cons

There are three things that we would suggest: Ticket Sales Exchange - If the customer requests to change tickets to another day, and split the reservation to different sections, we had to do multiple transactions. If the exchange was on 3 sections of the auditorium, we have to work on 3 separate transaction. May be best to process an exchange at one time - click on exchange, choose multiple sections...

Almost a biased fanboi.... But it's that good.

Ease of use. Budget friendly... and expandable.

Pros

Simple to use. Simple to integrate with. Simple to get support. Simple to get feature requests evaluated and even implemented. We switched from a significantly more expensive platform. The conversion was trivial. We were up and running in days. User interface is orders of magnitude better than other products in the space. Developers are sharp and do clean work. I'm a fan. I speak so enthusiastically about the product, I'd frankly distrust me as a family member or owner. Granted when reps of the company came through town or a wedding , they took mmy wife and I to lunch... so that's full disclosure. They are just that doggone good. You're through shopping. Hit "buy now"

Cons

I'm trying. I need 100 characters here to justify posting it, but the only problems I've had, there were user forum suggestions to manage, or they addressed them and they are fixed, now.

I have been using ThunderTix for event for just under a year.

We use it to sell tickets for all our big major events. It helps us sell tickets and scan people as they arrive when we are expecting 4,000 people!

Pros

The price point is great for the service we receive. I like that there is a flat fee and that it does not charge per ticket like most services because some of our tickets are on top of that this is a 25% increase! The scanning feature has been really helpful. Also, I have had all my questions answered quickly when I take the time to ask for help.

Cons

I do not find it easy to use or intuitive. I struggle to navigate the interface every time I get on it. On the scanning tickets end it is easy to use but on the management end it is not easy. Perhaps it will become easier as I use it more. But so far, I am frustrated with it in that way. Also, I do not see easy ways for the system to track the demographics of my customers or features along demographical lines. I wish there was more of this type of feature.

That was my first ticket software experience and it was fairly easy to manage. Great support.

Easy and affordable online ticket system (not a lot of choices in our small town). Happy patrons. Other companies requested the name of the product to use it. More independant than using a third party to sell my tickets.

Pros

I chose it because of its great layout and number of settings offered for a great price. It is easy to use and generate data report. All patrons were able to use it without problems. Easy to implement it on our website. I received awesome support by chat, email and phone when I had a question and was not able to find the answer online.

Cons

The scanning system of the tickets with phone or tablet did not work AT ALL for us. I had to enter all tickets manually, about 75 per night. Not a big deal because not a lot of tickets, but still anoying, because people printed their tickets, but finally I was just recycling them after checking their names in the guest list.

We would be very interested in learning which app you downloaded for your phones and tablets. Was it the iOS App or the Android App? Had you tested the scanning with a test ticket prior to the event? Do you remember what happened when you attempted to scan? Did it scan but say the tickets were invalid? Did your device have problems scanning the actual barcode? We work very hard to ensure our apps always work, and we haven't received feedback from any other clients indicating a problem. The more we understand what occurred, the more we can help mitigate against problems in the future.

ThunderTix is easy to use and provides many different options.

Pros

The thing I like most about Thunder Tix is the easy ticket sales for our events that it offers. Back in the day we took phone orders and had to mail out printed tickets. With Thunder Tix the customer orders their own tickets AND is able to prin them right out. And they can even show the ticket on their phone and we just scan it that way. The ease of use to our ticket helpers is also a benefit. We can view a variety of reports and can search within our order by a variety of different options.

Cons

There is not too much that I do not like about Thunder Tix. At this time I cannot think of any suggestions for upgrades.

ThunderTix is hands down the best online Ticketing software I have ever used!!!

I use ThunderTix as my online ticketing system for my annual events that do ~5,000+ in online transactions per event. I combine the online system with an Authorize.net gateway payment system. I have used 3 different online ticketing platforms in the past and NOTHING compares to the benefits of ThunderTix. You set it up and maintain it yourself, no waiting for your IT folks to do it for you (nor...

Pros

Price Ease of Use Set up and Maintenance under my control Excellent and fast customer service Paid fast for sales

Cons

Reporting is a little on the light side and not custom

Thundertix

I highly recommend Thundertix. It's been bullet-proof and we've never received a customer report of downtime. Allowing us to manage costs is crucial for us. We've had experience with Tix, which was also a solid system, but Thundertix is more flexible and saves us money.

Pros

We moved to Thundertix as a way to control our costs in June 2011. Since then, it has been an important key to our business. It streamlined the customer buying experience, it was easy to set up new agents so that we could, in effect, expand office hours, the reports are informative and easy to customize, and customer service has been excellent. The flat monthly rate model works very well for us.

Cons

Need some additional fields in the exported reports so that I can get a better feel for who my customers are, where they come from, how many order online as opposed to over the phone, how much I collect in fees, that sort of thing.

Within 30 days of receiving your suggestions for reporting, we added the ability to search orders by sales agent, Facebook or at-home buyers. In addition, we included your ideas to create a more detailed report of the orders export file so that you could easily discern the day and time of sale. More recently, we've expanded the Orders Search feature to include the ability to search by the time of day. Thanks for your ideas!

Thunder Tickets serves our needs extremely well and I would recommend their service.

Pros

Ease of use and fast customer service and support. What else could you ask for? Any issues are addressed very quickly.

Cons

I really do not have any issues with Thunder Tickets. Any issues that arose under my tenure have been addressed quickly.

I am now conducting my second ticket campaign for a chorus with audiences of 300-700.

I am a low volume user and not a professional so my learning curve may be slower than usual. Here are a few impressions that I have. PROS: 1. My contact, Pam Mason, is very prompt and helpful. 2. When things are in place there seems to be no calculation errors of any sort. 3. The reports have lots of valuable information and help us keep up with stats. 4. The "Forum" is very helpful. 5....

Above Expectations

I am satisfied and happy overall

Pros

Easy to use and the customer service is very responsive

Cons

Changing the date. Have to move the expiration date first. Not really a issues just could be eliminated step

Michael, you echo a consistent theme: we are dedicated to real human, responsive support. Thank you for being part of that consensus!

Not easy to navigate with a line waiting for you

Easy to buy tickets but not easy to work the ticket counter for assigned seating shows.

Pros

Easy to buy tickets and have them resent to you.

Cons

It is difficult to navigate quickly when each walk-up transaction is different...some want to know there seats/print tickets, others want to buy, others are buying for a different show. You have to go back so many screens to start all over. I wish there was more drop-down menu functions to navigate in less clicks. I wish you could see a seating chart at any point in time via pop-up vs having to leave your transaction when customer asks a seating question.

Hello Kimberly, I'm sorry to hear that your experience is less than you expected. Let's see if we can turn that around! Did you know that at the conclusion of every order, there are "quick links" that allow you to repeat an order in a single click? Have you tried our Calendar interface available from the Event drop down menu? This is a very quick way of navigating different performances. Some of our busiest tours like to open event dates in a new window to keep the handy calendar ready to sell any performance quickly. I'm including my email address in this response, and I would welcome a conversation with you.

The bonus of this system is the customer service that comes with it. Knowledgeable, accessible.

Pros

1. Easy for my customers to use. 2. Thundertix is always improving and upgrading the features to make it easier for me to use. They are organized to be very responsive to the customer's needs and feedback. 3. Cost effective.

Cons

1. I just wish I could do more detailed searches of the database. 2. I find the package feature hard to work with.

Happy customer from Hawaii

I have 2 events per year called the Stingrey Classic and Aloha Muscle. It is the largest bodybuilding, physique, figure and bikini contests in Hawaii which are both sanctioned by the NPC (National Physique Committee). Both events sell tickets online and ThunderTix helped tremendously by setting up my seating charts and allowing my customers to pick their seats and purchase with a credit card. I...

Pros

The ease of using this program.

Cons

There are a lot of features that I am not fully aware of so I might be missing out on thing that might help me grow my business.

My experience is pretty positive. We use the product for theater event ticketing.

It allows us to offer on line purchasing of our events and classes in an accessible way. We can run reports and keep track of sales easily.

Pros

I like the new streamlined version of creating an event. We have special events frequently and it's convenient and fast to get the event up and ready for purchase.

Cons

If we need to edit or change something that has already been created it's problematic. It would be nice to have a way to tweak the details of an event even after it has been created.

thundertix functionality and support was appropriate for our needs.

Pros

Fairly simple to use. Support was available and responsive. Love being able to sell specific seats.

Cons

Even though our venue remained the same each year, our section prices changed and we had to pay full price to put those price changes into effect.

Thank you for the great feedback and the overall great rating.¿We understand your disappointment with the seating chart setup cost.¿Given the time to complete them, we try to charge just enough to defray some of the expense for that effort.¿These must be exacting to prevent double-sold seats, but it seems we may not have done a good job explaining the reason behind the change.¿¿ We would be happy to revisit this with us when you reopen for your next event, and let's see if we can get you situated without additional cost.

So far, so good!

Pros

I find creating events and selling tickets quite a bit easier than our previous application; and it's nice to see the sale $ right away rather than after the event! And we finally have a thermal ticket that looks good.

Cons

Like many applications, it seems to prefer one browser over another and it took me a little while to figure that out!

Yay for beautiful tickets, Dagney! Since we've visited your theater up in Maine, I know that you have a tiny little area for installing a printer. I think you have one of the smallest printer footprints (about 6 inches square) I've seen. I'm super glad our excellent team came up with a ticket that fit the bill. If you continue to have browser issues, please reach out. Sometimes an update by say, Chrome, can affect settings, but our engineering team will be on it faster than you can say "Jack Robinson!" Thanks for a great review!

easy to implement on startup and add functionality as we needed it

Pros

easy event setup; good basic reports to manage the event; gives all the pricing options and then the ability to migrate to reserved seats

Cons

would like to see additional interfaces to other CRM software like SalesForce; could use more functionality in online reports rather than download the detail and then manipulate in a spreadsheet; while ThunderTix will generate a Eventful event, there is no ability to track any sales through Eventful on either side.

Fabulous. If we had a question or problem, they were always there to help in a very positive way.

ease of selling tickets

Pros

It does most of what we need it to. It is quite straight forward. You are encouraged to suggest additions to the program that would make it even better. They are constantly working on the suggestions to add more options or improve the options that are there.

Cons

It does have a few limitations if you have more than one venue. However, they are working on that weakness as well.

About a year ago, we launched multi-venue event support, so that limitation is thankfully a thing of the past! :)

Life saver!

We were able to set up thundertix in one day and have our entire season up and running, with ticket sales connected to our payment platform instantly. We were taking orders within 24 hours of signing up with Thundertix. The online tutorials are clear and easy to follow. Their customer support is lightening fast in responding. I email them at any hour, even on the weekends, and they return my email...

Pros

simple setup easy payment setup fast and helpful customer support

Cons

costs more than some of the alternatives, but that's only relative to other alternatives that offer less. we have found the costs well worth it and have recouped all of the costs quickly given how stable the platform is and how easily it integrates into our sales channels.

Universal and all-in-one-place

Pros

My girlfriend and I go out frequently as we are located in an urban city and so using ThunderTix makes dealing with the whole ticket-ordeal so much easier than it needs to be. Everything is centrally located making it fast and easy.

Cons

Some of the features are a bit useless (TO US) and so it'd be nice to have a dynamic pricing plan; we don't use the gift card selling feature nor the event/reports feature.

We totally understand that not all of our platform features are used by everyone, and it feels you might be paying for items you don't use. We try to balance including more commonly used features while offering lightly used features as an add-on. Gift cards is now one of these with a very small percentage charged for each one. Since we launched refunds to a gift card (to retain revenue), it's been a fan favorite. Thank you for the feedback!

From old platform to event in under a week - 8000 patrons - half a season reprogrammed, flawlessly

Inexpensive event ticketing is no small benefit. Simple interface allows less trained volunteers to make use of it to help run events.

Pros

I never trust "new user" reviews because they can be biased by excited new buyer syndrome. But.... This product impressed me. Event setup is simple and intuitive. Reports are clear and easy to read. Database import was easy (they imported it for us but required only one edit from my original data). Integration with payment gateway and email service was trivial. Web interface is modern and clean. Coupons, donations, products are all effortless to create. Price is excellent.

Cons

Some pages need refreshing after edits, a glitch I am willing to bet is fixed before you read this. Experienced very slight occasional server lag during event definitions, but could easily be internet . Not a problem when purchasing when used as box office terminal.

Thanks for your great review! We are always making improvements to our speed and enhancing the user experience. As you probably know, feature requests are very important to improving the experience and if you have specific requests, please take a moment to submit your ideas through your account portal.