Appy Pie Reviews

Pros

The customer service went above and beyond to help me when I was super confused about doing all this alone. I wanna thank them for their service because they are totally helpful and amazing.

BB

Bethany B.

RI

Romeo I.

I was very pleased to find a no-coding option to make a simple app. The best part has been whenever I needed support, the virtual chat was immediate and effective.

SV

Shealyn V.

Cons

Gets a bit confusing and the fact that we need to pay for images is frustration.

MR

Marlon R.

I am skeptical about whether I will use Appy Pie again, mainly because I am ethically opposed to making students pay for a tool that they will only use one time and likely never use again.

Ryan E.

This is highly unnerving. As it can have so much of data at risk.

AP

Aatmn P.

1,170 reviews

Ryan E.

Assistant Professor of Instruction

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Don't get your hopes too high unless you're ready to pay

Transcript

Ryan E.: Hi, I'm Ryan. I'm an assistant professor and I rate Appy Pie three out of five. For more reviews...

Great way to get a mobile app

Transcript

Audrey: Hi, my name is Audrey. I am a marketing director for a chemical fluids company. And I would give...

Best option for web app

Always very happy about service

Pros

Easy to understand, everything is very clear and if not, the support always helps you

Cons

The possibility to track actions inside the app and the possiblity for a backup (this is common to most of the other platform so we have chosen appy pie because offers anyway the best options for the other things)

BEST OPTION FOR SMALL BUSINESS APP!

I have solved a major problem of customer loss due to COVID. Now my customers are able to shop from home!

Pros

The product is easy to use and affordable! I am always able to get help exactly when I need it at any time day or night! It gives you the opportunity to grow your business and upgrade your product as needed. I love that!

Cons

At first it seemed overwhelming and I was aggravated, but it was because I had no idea what I was doing! I quickly learned so much that I was able to navigate through and make changes that I needed to make. Maybe update some of the instructional videos to make them a little easier to follow for some of us who have no clue whatsoever.

Anyone can create an app without knowing programming with Appy Pie, I love it!

Brilliant! I always wanted to learn programming to create apps but the years passed and that goal was being forgotten, but with Appy Pie I was able to do it! I'm delighted!

Pros

It's really easy to use and no previous programming knowledge is required, with its drag and drop tool (which works wonderfully) it's really easy! The price is ok, fancy interface and great customer service, 10/10!

Cons

Everything is fine, the only problem I had was sometimes when uploading an image it gave an error, having to do it again, but it's okay

Frustrating Waste of Time

Terrible. I'm just hoping this is a really bad learning curve. We got a fully functioning LMS (with tests, grading, certificates, surveys, videos, etc.) up and running by ourselves TWO YEARS AGO (from another site we found here on capterra) so I can't imagine an app being any harder than an LMS - but it seems this one is. I will update my review if it gets better and we actually launch something but right now it does not look good.

Pros

They answered the phone although it seems like they are having multiple conversations at one time - which often leads to confusing and bad information.

Cons

They didn't help me when they answered in the phone. It doesn't seem like anyone speaks English as a 1st language and both I and my computer engineer had a very difficult time understanding what they were saying. In fact one tech support person told me to delete some of my work (and repeatedly told me to do so), then when I wanted to add my categories back (because they should have never been deleted...

A great tool for developing instant software without coding or prior knowledge.

Overall, this is a great deal for beginners. You can create & learn more about app development with this software. But for creating an advanced app you need to switch from Appy pie.

Pros

You need literally no coding! You can integrate IAP, create games & software instantly with Templates available out there. Anyone with no software knowledge can build basic software easily with app signing. I created my first software with Appy pie before switching to Unity.

Cons

There is an issue with software security & source code. You can't edit the software vastly & they will charge extra for IAP. You can edit your software vastly or can't integrate advanced functions.

time saver mobile app builder

for normal mobile apps that provide information or for portfolio this is one of the platforms to consider special if your budget is low or if you are running out of time. If you already have a website you can just opt for a scan and your app is ready in min.

Pros

the platform allows anyone to create a mobile app using drag n drop style. No coding experience needed. if you can operate a Facebook account then you can create a mobile app. on top of all creating is free pay only when you want to publish so it's a 10 from me.

Cons

with a lot of data, the app can be slow, or connecting to external DB might require more than just drag and drop.

Appy Pie was the one

All great so far..!

Pros

After checking around I found Appy Pie to be the most affordable and usable. Support was immediate, free, and very thorough.

Cons

All working great so far..! Nothing to complain about.

Great Option

My experience was pleasing. I encountered one rude customer service rep out of about 5. The other 4 were patient and helpful. Idk anything about apps, and I created it with the help and guidance of the other 4 reps. This app had what I needed, just hoping that they increase their features later.

Pros

Ease of creating app, features in the app

Cons

Needs more features for integrated interaction of worksheets and etc

Love it

I determined that my experience have been really great and comfortable

Pros

I love the chatbot service offered as an admin and the options to build a app completely codeless

Cons

The social network should be improved and every module withing the app maker should be highly optimized to get every customer

My first impresion from this software si amazing

I have an Uscreen SVOD channel but with them, it is so expensive to start the app. So I decided to do it myself.

Pros

The interface and workflow are so simple and intuitive that I hadn't had any problems until I jumped into the google console and even then the Appy Pie team give me a hand and helped me instantly . It was amazing how easy the process went and I was so afraid before this my attempt I had never tried to do an app.

Cons

Could find any disappointing points and I am pretty slappy with the web development and other applications build software.

APP MAKING IS A KIDS BUSINESS........... WITH APPYPIE..... I GURANTEE

SO FAR SO GOOD.... I WILL REPY AGAIN AS I GO FORWARD IN IMPLEMENTING. NOW ITS THE BEGINNING.... WE WILL SEE

Pros

EASE OF MAKING IF FANTASTIC... ON TOP OF IT.... 24X7 CHAT SUPPORT WITH EXPERT LIKE SUGGESTION IS GREAT... NO OTHER APP MAKER IS GIVING IT.. I CAN VOUCH FOR THIS.... MY 10 YR OLD SON DID MAJORITY ON DEVELOPEMENT... DEFINITELY APPY PIE MADE THE "APP MAKING A KIDS BUSINESS"........ DEVELOPERS SORRY FOR YOU......

Cons

THEY HAVE NOT MENTIONED ANYTHING ABOUT SERVER STORAGE SPACE BEING GIVEN.... IN GB... OTHERS DECLARE 35 GB OR 50 GB BASED ON PLANS U SELECT... BUT THIS IS A GRAY AREA....STILL.... MAY COST HIGH AS WE GET MORE FOOTFALLS...... NO CLARITY STILL.... APPYPIE... YOUR OWN GUY HAS NOT IDEA... ON THIS... DURING CONVERSATION... PLEASE HIGHLIGHT THIS ON THE PRICING PLAN... DONT KEEP HIDDEN THINGS.... MAKE IT OPEN... AND TRANSPARENT... PEOPLE WILL WELCOME....

Great No Code App Builder for Beginners and Beyond

Ok so like I said I’ve been with them since 2016 with our app. Overall it has been an experience in a good way as I must of emailed them more than my family and always got the helpful answers I needed to sort the app out. I am please Appypie have their own YouTube site for visual help as well. So I would say thumbs up from me and hope they continue to add new features to existing buttons and look forward to new things to add.

Pros

Simply the ability to make an app with little to no experience What you get Online support with live chat andEmail support Tools to show you how to make an app on YouTube 24/7 ability to update your app which once save the changes becomes live and changes on app on other people’s phone with your app you made Many buttons to use like food or review, taxi, videos, documents and so on.

Cons

We have had the app we have made called Pitt Hopkins app since 2016 with Appypie and we like most people recognise that there are some things that could be improved but to be far they have got better has time has gone by I would like to see multiple contact emails under contact button but saying that you could use directory button or editor button so it’s so minor

My experience with Appy Pie

I found Appie Pie fairly easy to use if not rather too simple. In all fairness, Appy Pie does what it is intended to do. It works particularly well for someone who is just looking to create a basic store or business app but falls short for someone with some tech experience wanting to create something more complex. I managed to create a simple app but not exactly what I had envisioned because of the limitations when it comes to customization and control of the back end. It's still a great resource and I recommend it to anyone who needs to build a basic app.

Pros

I like that it allows you to create a simple app even when you have no programming skills. In just a matter of minutes I can create an app for my clients. Appy Pie uses a series of questions to guide you as you develop your app and so the process becomes even simpler. Appy Pie also comes with the standard app features such as an About page and a link to your own website. It also comes with templates which can be easily customized to suit one's needs. I also like the text guides which suggest what to write or put in the various sections of your app. Appy Pie is fairly easy to use and anyone can get started building their app even with minimal knowledge of how to do so.

Cons

I wanted to build a more complex app and Appy Pie was limited in that regard. My vision had a detailed chat feature as well as a dynamic interface. I also needed more control of the app's backend so as to collect other user metrics and data but I could not. Appie Pie provides the developer little control over the user interface and functionality and this makes it rather limited for someone wanting to do more. For example if you would like an animation when a button is clicked or some background activity to happen automatically when a user does a specific action.

Overall quality

Overall experience I would say it is a good one. Nothing is perfect, but in my eyes the good outweighs some of the things we have to walk around to make things work. When you have a team of people dedicated to help you move forward then the outcome is bound to be good. I cannot say i have not been frustrated at times, but the signature in the email of the support team say "To your success". That alone means, and says a lot.

Pros

The integration with our current business process was fairly easy. The main features to build an app out of the box are there. Within hours of first using it you can have a functioning App. It also goes beyond the app itself as you can integrate your app with other Appypie products (Automation tools...). I believe the biggest strength is that a lot of the headaches of managing and taking care of an app are being taken care of. I spend a lot of time on the chat and it is great to know that the submission team is always available. It creates a certain peace of mind for me which is really important. The support team sometimes comes up with creative solutions as well. I have gotten to interact with some of them on a regular basis ([SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]...) so kudos on that :-)

Cons

The main thing I would say comes to the code customization part. I have a had a hard time trying to implement a custom search feature and was told it was not possible when I have a deep feeling it is. I am still keeping hope that we can find a way to circumvent the issue.

My Few Month of Commendable Review for Appy Pie

It Was a Good Experience all through. but it was one that requires you to be on your toes, and be ready to get either disappointed or Happy with your Work(Builded App)

Pros

My first Love for the Appy Pie Platform, is been able to design Apps without you even signing in. Secondly you given a Basic Plan where you can build your App. Thirdly you have the opportunity to include features you see from already establish app or site. and Lastly but not the Least, you can also be able to monetize your App after productions through either Google Admob Amazon And more.

Cons

Unfortunately, Their are some more factors which make the platform stressful and tough for developers or Non-coders, First their is no much difference in App created on the Appy Pie Platform, they all tend to look similar, Secondly building a Clone App seems to be easy from start but definately going to be complicated. Thirdly you have to be ready to spend, if not you would have to stop your Project Half Way, which seems the Appy Pie Platform is a little bit contradicting it own usability by anyone(Poor).

Appy Pie - Annual User Review

A year ago during the lockdown due to covid, our small organization needed a way to connect our social services to the community. We were able to build the app and modify it easily over the year as programs, staff, and events changed. From day one, my experience has been both positive and having the app, has been an asset to the community of virtual and classroom students alike.

Pros

This software is so easy to use! Being the dinosaur in the office, I am not familiar with technology whatsoever; yet Appy Pie provides tools to create features for our app that are creative, friendly, and exciting to our community. I am able to understand, even experiment with new features.

Cons

Honestly, I really don't understand much about app software to dislike anything about Appy Pie. My least favorite experience is getting notifications from either Apple or Google Development with lingo that I don't understand. When this happens, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from Appy Pie is always very helpful. The only thing I wish could be added it linking Spotify. When we added a podcast to our programming, we used SoundCloud because it could be linked to the app. I kinda wonder if more connections would have been possible with Spotify instead.

Praticidade e Qualidade

Existe um período de adaptabilidade com os recursos da plataforma, que tem evoluído constantemente na obtenção de resultados mais positivos.

Pros

Praticidade no uso diário, qualidade no armazenamento dos arquivos, atualizações fáceis, plataforma intuitiva. Suporte do Aplicativo é excelente! Gentileza e objetividade dos atendentes na entrega do resultado que desejamos. Equipe de alta performance. No mercado já utilizei outros concorrentes, cujo custo e suporte deixavam a desejar. Appy Pie é líder!!

Cons

O tempo de abertura do programa no App. A dificuldade em formatar alguns elementos antes de publicar. Poucos problemas em geral, apenas situações que concretiza nas atualizações devem ser concretizadas.

I love appy pie

My overall experience with appy pie is great.

Pros

I love that you can build a whole app with no code. I do not have any background history in coding and I built my own app as an extension of my non-profit. Now I have built my own online community outside of other social media platforms. I have over 500 downloads and I built my app 6/7 months ago. I'm so happy! Appy Pie is easy to use and whenever I need help the team responds right away. Even with...

Cons

The thing that I liked least about this software is the quantity of designs. I wish they had more options for customization. I don't like how my notification center looks. It looks a little bit too computery and hard on the eyes. I also wish the wording in some of my features were bigger. But these are not major things...at least I don't think so, haha.

Good for starter

So far I just wait to see how business will grow with Appy Pie services. Will report it later. Cross my fingers

Pros

Ux design is limited, but good enough for a simple app. Price is ok to start and tryout the services, but long run need to calculate how the app effect to business grown as well as how much user bring in business income compare to expense with Appy Pie Pie. Customer support is good and fast and helpful walk to resolve issue immediately. One thing I don't like the plan setup is price high if we want...

Cons

Limited UX design tools Charge on plan too much for just have Apple Store listed Charge for remove Appy Pie logo too expensive and no make sense Don't have a security agreement document for using customer Apple ID, Google Login when using it for their jobs.

Good customer services

Trying to find more businesses to use apps because a lot of them are building really nice mobile websites and don't really feel like they need apps too.

Pros

The 24-hour tech support/customer service is probably the strongest feature of this software. The software is good and can use some advancements in design, as some of the templates are very basic and clients have specific desires in mind when creating an app. Some of the features are difficult to figure out and sometimes they don't really work right. But it does offer a lot of great features for the price.

Cons

More training for the tech agents who handle the chats. Often they just repeat from a script but don't actually answer the question. And it sometimes takes a long time to get an answer. Sometimes the techs leave you waiting without checking in to let you know they are still researching the question.

Shop No Further...Appy Pie is what you need.

Before Appy Pie, I was having difficulty being able to get all of our products listed so that the customers knew what we have available to purchase. With Appy Pie, that problem is solved and our revenue has increased.

Pros

The software is surprisingly easy to use and overall the features are easy to use regardless of your experience level. One of my favorite features is that it has you covered no matter of app that you are using it for. The features it offers are outstanding and there are so many features. If you find yourself in a position where you could use technical help then you are in luck with their amazing technical staff. They will walk you right the steps you need to take in a way that works for your experience level. The technical department responds quickly to emails. When it comes times for updates APPY Pie has it done in no time at all and will send you a link if you like it. You really cannot go wrong with Appy Pie

Cons

I took several minutes to try and come up with something I did not like about this software and I really could not come up with one thing.

Avaliação

Minha experiência é muito satisfatória. Com a Appy Pie eu voltei a ter um trabalho de alta qualidade, após anos parado. Essa plataforma me possibilita oferecer muitas soluções práticas aos meus clientes, ainda que seja para uma parcela muito específica de cliente, aqueles que não possuem muitas exigências em termos de detalhes e funcionalidades gerais.

Pros

A qualidade e a variedade dos recursos são sua marca principal de excelência. Não apenas o recurso em si mas tudo o que está em torno destes fornecendo suporte e sustentação. Também é importante citar a discrição para o revendedor, que mantem a sua marca em todas as operações.

Cons

Muitos recursos, talvez todos, não foram devidamente testados antes de serem liberados para o uso. Há sempre algo a ser ajustado ou consertado para que funcione adequadamente e para o que se propõe.

THE MOST EASY AND MOST OPTION TO RELEASE YOUR IDEA WITH APPYPIE

nothing more than it´s perfect With appypie i earn monthly sitting home best platform for people like me who dosn´t have any knowledge about coding and developing

Pros

In just 3 step can make 5 type of application No coding require. Good design. Best and fast support. Cheapest price instead other platform that have less option All option to maximise your revenue with your app (ads, purchase in app) Good explanation for every option. I use this platform more than 2 years and strongly recommend it to all, just have a try

Cons

a- Closeable banner ads which minimize the advertisement for more than 40% i prefer that my banner ads have a block in all pages and visitor can not close the app. (visitor has to close the banner to get the start quiz button and if its block it will not) b- Add a section in platform which members who sign up in app and pay for it will not see more ads in the app

Used for a College

Whomever my support person was ([SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]) at [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] provided exemplary support which prompted me to write this review. Like any user, I just want something to work, and he fixed it in a couple minutes. No fight, no price gauging. Companies sometimes pay tens of thousands of dollars per year for what AppyPie can give you for pennies in comparison. More people need to know about this service.

Pros

The functionality paired with the price maximized effectiveness of your organization. It's also extremely easy to use. I am not a developer, and I am able to customize our app and our image.

Cons

They have to keep up with Google Play and Apple, which can require a lot of rebuilds. Definitely worth the price to get the Premium.

If they improve a few things, they could be great

It's a great builder, not very expensive, and very simple to use. Honestly some times we had miscommunications but overall I'm satisfied.

Pros

It's very easy to use, and they have constant live chat. There are some great people who can help you like [SENSITIVE CONTENT]. They really care about the customer. Unfortunately not all the customer service people are like that but that happens in the live chats.

Cons

Many times a received misinformation from the chat people, also they submitted once my app without asking me. They show that I add the Appypie as moderators in the google console and they were thinking that i want to publish it. But didn't want it out yet. They didn't ask me.