Appy Pie Logo

1.3K

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.76/10

Reviews by rating

I liked how their customer service was available whenever I sought their help. Kind explanations were very helpful in addition to their instant replies.
I was very pleased to find a no-coding option to make a simple app. The best part has been whenever I needed support, the virtual chat was immediate and effective.
The customer service went above and beyond to help me when I was super confused about doing all this alone. I wanna thank them for their service because they are totally helpful and amazing.
Gets a bit confusing and the fact that we need to pay for images is frustration.
I am skeptical about whether I will use Appy Pie again, mainly because I am ethically opposed to making students pay for a tool that they will only use one time and likely never use again.
This is highly unnerving. As it can have so much of data at risk.

1,355 reviews

Ryan E.

Assistant Professor of Instruction

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Don't get your hopes too high unless you're ready to pay

Transcript

Ryan E.: Hi, I'm Ryan. I'm an assistant professor and I rate Appy Pie three out of five. For more reviews...

Audrey R.

Director of Marketing

Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees

Great way to get a mobile app

Transcript

Audrey: Hi, my name is Audrey. I am a marketing director for a chemical fluids company. And I would give...

Romaric S.

Appy Pie

Appy pie enables me to produce completely separate versions of some websites I design. This helps me in many ways and sometimes enables me to close extra sales from the same client.For me, there is nothing more exciting and enthusiastic than being able to develop and design an app without having to write long lines of weird codes ( its soaks) and Appy Pie makes it 100% possible.

Pros

Appy Pie is my best no-code app design environment. It's simple and supports the drag & drop feature which is very responsive. Designing an app with Appy Pie is the same as creating a website, however, the difference is that with Appy Pie, there's almost no need for CSS or HTML codes. The UI is very responsive and frankly, this app is worth 10/10

Cons

I enjoy the quality of templates Appy Pie offers but don't really appreciate the quality of stock images available. I think Appy Pie should improve its stock quality for those who've been used to working with HQ stock from Istock and the rest.There should be an in-app integration of a sort, that way- the user will easily search or import better stock images or videos from a better provider.

QF

Quamon F.

Music, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

Great For Getting Started

It's been a good experience. The customer support is very responsive and quick to address you issues.

Pros

It was easy to set up and was customizable.

Cons

The audio player is limited. I would like more options for customization.

SB

SELENA B.

Frustrating Waste of Time

Terrible. I'm just hoping this is a really bad learning curve. We got a fully functioning LMS (with tests, grading, certificates, surveys, videos, etc.) up and running by ourselves TWO YEARS AGO (from another site we found here on capterra) so I can't imagine an app being any harder than an LMS - but it seems this one is. I will update my review if it gets better and we actually launch something but right now it does not look good.

Pros

They answered the phone although it seems like they are having multiple conversations at one time - which often leads to confusing and bad information.

Cons

They didn't help me when they answered in the phone. It doesn't seem like anyone speaks English as a 1st language and both I and my computer engineer had a very difficult time understanding what they were saying. In fact one tech support person told me to delete some of my work (and repeatedly told me to do so), then when I wanted to add my categories back (because they should have never been deleted...

KV

Kayla V.

Environmental Services, self-employed

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Appy Pie made my app idea come to life!

So far I have had a great experience with Appy Pie and found it remarkably easy to develop my own app at a reasonable price.

Pros

The software is pretty inexpensive for what you get. Appy pie also offers live support and videos on how to make your app development easier.

Cons

The interface is a little complicated at times while customizing within your app, but it is pretty good for a no-code app developer. Besides I can ask the live chat any time I have issues and get help immediately.

ML

Mauricio L.

Automotive, 11-50 employees

The attention has been good

Pros

Everything is fine, I like the services it provides and the functionality of the app.

OJ

Otim J.

E-Learning, 51-200 employees

App design

I used the software to develop website applications and also development of mobile applications this is facts due to less coding it can be used by anyone so long as he or she has a knowledge about calling and development. The software has nice customer care service and well training experts who are ready to help people in completing their work successfully.

Pros

Appy pie is is there to develop our application because the software requires less or no known coding

Cons

It is not cheap to that extent that people of small businesses are not able to develop their web applications from this software because it is quite expensive to small businesses however that is expensive but it has all best features for the development of that web applications.

Abdelati L.

Accounting, 1,001-5,000 employees

The best product in developing applications, I love it.

This product helps me in its ease of use in order to develop applications and improve the work on them well. It is a wonderful thing to work on, really amazing in the results that are obtained.

Pros

With my use of this product, all my developments for the applications that I use in working on it have improved. It is characterized by the multiplicity of functions and tools in my need for service.

Cons

A program that helps to develop applications easily using it only.

NG

Nadeem G.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Easy to build app platform

Our applications have been running without any issues.

Pros

Building and updating the app is easy, with a fast user experience and excellent customer support.

Cons

It appears that certain features are not available.

Divaldo C.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Excelent no code APP builder

Pros

The platform is very easy to use, even for those who have no experience in programming or even using no-code tools.

Cons

There are some limitations in the different plans that made me use them little and opt for other options on the market. However, it is an excellent product.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

User Interface

Pros

appy pie has a great user interface on the first glance which i think attract a lot of clients

Cons

Staff normally send video tutorials that not not normally relevant to clients issue

LD

Lokesh D.

Design, self-employed

Appy Pie Great NO Code Platform

My experience with Appy Pie has been great! The software is incredibly user-friendly and makes it easy to create and deploy an app without any coding experience. The support team is always available to answer any questions I have and they are very knowledgeable. The features offered by Appy Pie are comprehensive and allow for a lot of customisation. I highly recommend Appy Pie for anyone looking to create a mobile app quickly and easily.

Pros

1. User-friendly Interface: Appy Pie provides an easy to use interface that makes it simple for people of any experience level to create a mobile application in minutes.2. Compatibility Across Operating Systems: Applications created with Appy Pie are compatible with multiple operating systems, giving users greater flexibility when designing their app.3. Affordable Pricing Plans and Free Trial Options...

Cons

1. Limited Customization: Appy Pie's application development platform may not offer users the same level of customization as coding and developing applications from scratch. This could limit user experience and prevent their app from standing out in a crowded market.2. Potentially Lengthy Development Timeframe: Developing an app with Appy Pie can take up to several weeks, depending on the complexity...

AH

Angie H.

Appy Pie - Annual User Review

A year ago during the lockdown due to covid, our small organization needed a way to connect our social services to the community. We were able to build the app and modify it easily over the year as programs, staff, and events changed. From day one, my experience has been both positive and having the app, has been an asset to the community of virtual and classroom students alike.

Pros

This software is so easy to use! Being the dinosaur in the office, I am not familiar with technology whatsoever; yet Appy Pie provides tools to create features for our app that are creative, friendly, and exciting to our community. I am able to understand, even experiment with new features.

Cons

Honestly, I really don't understand much about app software to dislike anything about Appy Pie. My least favorite experience is getting notifications from either Apple or Google Development with lingo that I don't understand. When this happens, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from Appy Pie is always very helpful. The only thing I wish could be added it linking Spotify. When we added a podcast to our programming, we used SoundCloud because it could be linked to the app. I kinda wonder if more connections would have been possible with Spotify instead.

NM

Nehemah M.

Religious Institutions, self-employed

I love appy pie

My overall experience with appy pie is great.

Pros

I love that you can build a whole app with no code. I do not have any background history in coding and I built my own app as an extension of my non-profit. Now I have built my own online community outside of other social media platforms. I have over 500 downloads and I built my app 6/7 months ago. I'm so happy! Appy Pie is easy to use and whenever I need help the team responds right away. Even with...

Cons

The thing that I liked least about this software is the quantity of designs. I wish they had more options for customization. I don't like how my notification center looks. It looks a little bit too computery and hard on the eyes. I also wish the wording in some of my features were bigger. But these are not major things...at least I don't think so, haha.

GS

Gayland S.

Import and Export, 11-50 employees

Shop No Further...Appy Pie is what you need.

Before Appy Pie, I was having difficulty being able to get all of our products listed so that the customers knew what we have available to purchase. With Appy Pie, that problem is solved and our revenue has increased.

Pros

The software is surprisingly easy to use and overall the features are easy to use regardless of your experience level. One of my favorite features is that it has you covered no matter of app that you are using it for. The features it offers are outstanding and there are so many features. If you find yourself in a position where you could use technical help then you are in luck with their amazing technical staff. They will walk you right the steps you need to take in a way that works for your experience level. The technical department responds quickly to emails. When it comes times for updates APPY Pie has it done in no time at all and will send you a link if you like it. You really cannot go wrong with Appy Pie

Cons

I took several minutes to try and come up with something I did not like about this software and I really could not come up with one thing.

BY

Brian Y.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used for a College

Whomever my support person was ([SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]) at [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] provided exemplary support which prompted me to write this review. Like any user, I just want something to work, and he fixed it in a couple minutes. No fight, no price gauging. Companies sometimes pay tens of thousands of dollars per year for what AppyPie can give you for pennies in comparison. More people need to know about this service.

Pros

The functionality paired with the price maximized effectiveness of your organization. It's also extremely easy to use. I am not a developer, and I am able to customize our app and our image.

Cons

They have to keep up with Google Play and Apple, which can require a lot of rebuilds. Definitely worth the price to get the Premium.

SS

Sandhya S.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Remarkable Platform With Excellent Support To Build Beautiful App

The software is easy to use and navigate. Very user-friendly, with excellent support from the chat team. We appreciated being able to see our progress and test the app while it was still in the design phase.

Pros

I like their drag-and-drop app-building service, which has many features—lots of options, excellent design, and simple to understand even for those with little experience. The developers are always available to assist me with any request. They are always available to help each and every customer.

Cons

So far, I have no complaints and have not encountered any problems that Appypie has not been able to resolve. I'm very pleased with how simple the software is to use.

SH

Sean H.

Translation and Localization, 1-10 employees

Appy App

After I caught onto hell apple pie presented the box to create within things became a lot easier it wasn’t necessarily the ability to learn as fast as I was able to but it had more to do with operating within the confines of the platforms capabilities

Pros

It’s not necessarily the technical knowledge that’s required as much as the ability to use in manipulate the environment That happy pi allows you to operate within.

Cons

In the beginning there was a steep learning curve just because of things like changing the colors on one page would change the 15 other pages it’s just little things like that that are always seem to be improving on the office come along way is over the last year customer support his gotten a lot better but but yeah still definitely a learning curve associated with the app

Brajesh M.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

I never think of building professional APP without learning abc of app building.

Happy to have my first app published on Google Play and soon I will start making money also.Its good and I personally find it very helpful to me ,as I was searching for tools like this which can help me doing such things because of some busy schedule I am not able to make time to study and working hands on new technology. Appypie really helpful in developing app which I dreamt off.

Pros

Easy to use Interface and almost all the features are added which we require to build a professional app.At First I tried it making my personal biographic app GOPALA because upto then I am not sure or in other word don't have faith in appypie that it can be provide functionality like pro.But no sooner than I completed my first app I gone for 'ecommerce' and its working fine on Google Play. "Store" is The feature that I love most and I think you too.It has given new life to my app not only it grown my business but also given complete command over customer information and inventory management.

Cons

All of sudden they increases cost of their plan. Any way if they clear it earlier it will ok for service they providing. And one more thing that I missing so many time when I need to make hyperlink to the image or certain text ,even I searched on help there no answer about Hyperlink.

MH

Mohamed H.

Great Service

All problem are been handled very fast and solve in very quick and professionally.

Pros

All Feature that available in this Software are great and very useful. Hope can implement more features in soon time.

Cons

Please help to add On FPX payment Gateway into all features that available. FPX payment gateway is very high demand especially in malaysia.hopefully can please add on it..Thank you

MJ

Muhammad J.

Review of Appy Pie app builder software

Overall fantastic experience, extremely helpful to create the app for new people that want to create a polished app for everything. Although the monthly subscription fee is a little pricey, it is still highly suggested.

Pros

I liked how their customer service was available whenever I sought their help.Customer service instant response.Modern designs and several templates.State of the art features.No coding options and simple to develop the professional app.Worth for money spend.Able to develop app faster and robust.User friendly features like drag and drop.

Cons

A expensive to maintain subscription comparing to others.Little known to the users.Limited third party integration.

BH

Brian H.

Great experience with technical support! Fast and very prompt is solving any issue!

Very easy to use. It doesn't take no time to use and create an app. Very friendly features.

Pros

Software is easy to use and the features are great. No matter what type of app you need Appy Pie has it covered with all the features it offers. If you have any trouble or need help with any feature, just send technical support an e-mail. They are very prompt to your request. Never had a problem with the software. If the app ever needs to be rebuilt because of updates or changes which it will. In no time at all Appy Pie has it done, sends you a test link to see if you like it and if so they resubmit to app stores. It's fast and simple to create and to get your app up and running.

Cons

I can not think of anything negative to say about this software. Never had any problems using or creating an app.

TW

Tim W.

Great experience. Easy to use software and friendly customer service.

I started my own company based off of this new App. It works great and it looks very professional.

Pros

I like the many choices you get in the templates. They software makes it easy to design. Whenever I have a question the online chat is my best option. The guys are friendly and very fast to respond. The issue is usually resolved in minutes.

Cons

I can't think of anything I don't like about the software. I think it would be cool to offer an option for a video splash screen when loading.

GP

George P.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Very good product, Easy Deployment

Pros

Easy to use. When you do not have time to be administering a web / app platform, Appy Pie provides a really easy, affordable & reliable way to deploy these tools for your business so you can focus on running your business.

Cons

For the purposes we need, we find Appy Pie to be more than adequate.

JJ

Jardine J.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Great Service - Great Procuct

Great experience from day 1 right up until now.

Pros

The ease of use, I have had no issues with my subscribers, no downtime ever

Cons

For my needs this is absolutely perfect.

cm

carl m.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

PERFECT they have helped me through so many issues over the years

immediate responses when needed. I can't thank them in person :) they have always answered all of my issues and concerns quickly and politely I really haVE NOTHING BAD TO SAY

Pros

they have hosted many apps for me and always on top of their game #1 reason I use them is for there around the clock support ... I like to keep weird hours and they are close to the only company that is there when you need them ... will stay with them just because of this TY