brightwheel Logo

brightwheel Reviews

4.7

2.8K

2,021

How would you rate brightwheel?

Pros

I love that it is easy to navigate and allows users to control the settings. I rarely have glitches and if I do the customer support is excellent.

Ease of use, great features and most of all our families love it. Brightwheel is such an amazing app to have especially in this post covid world.

BP

Brittni P.

Overall, this product seems promising. The opportunity to engage families in a new, innovative way is exciting and we are hopeful to have opportunities to implement this in the future.

Tyler Jae S.

Cons

Unfortunately, there are some issues with the Payments section. The link "Print Invoice" does not work for me, so a daycare had to send me the invoice via email.

The only thing that bothered me was the billing. But they've already updated me on this point.

EE

Engoudou Edzimbi B.

After a family emergency, I had to pick up my 5-year-old grandson from school.

HR

Holly R.

2,874 reviews

MJ

Misitura J.

Program Manager

Education Management, 1-10 employees

My daycare rocks for using this!

Transcript

Missy J.: Hi. My name is Missy, and I work in the childcare education sector. I'm a Program Manager,...

love this platform

Transcript

Allison: So my name's Allison, I manage a law firm. We're evaluating Brightwheel. And for more reviews,...

Happy Campers, San Carlos

Overall our experience has been really great. There were some serious issues when we decided to use Brightwheel billing. I'm certain those issues have been documented, but we seem to be good now. I have been a big fan of Brightwheel and sincerely look forward to what's next!

Pros

I love how much Brightwheel has improved since we first joined the program. Administration, Parents and Staff love all of the features. I am very happy with the way Brightwheel has fostered "community" between home and school, and even school and extended family. Grandparents love seeing their grandchildren and being in the loop. Community is very important to our program! I appreciate the level of professionalism Brightwheel adds to my program. Touring families always have great comments about Brightwheel.

Cons

I wish multiple accounts could be under one umbrella login. I do not like having to log out and log in to my three programs. We have an account with ADP and use just one login for all 3 programs. I simply just have to click which program I need to see. I wish I could access a simple version of a class list with birthdays and just parents names and emails without all of their personal information. Parents request class lists quite often for birthday party invitations. Perhaps even an "opt-in" directory for parents to see would be a great feature. Parents could choose to include email/phone numbers in the "public" directory.

Best Software for Kids Daycare

Overall the Brightwheel is best software for monitoring your kids daily activities and helps you to be in touch with teacher anytime.

Pros

-I am really happy using this software as it is user friendly and you don’t have to technically sound for understanding this software which is best - Easy navigation and notification alerts - Daily able to monitor my kids activities through this app once teacher update it - easy interaction through one to one message and group interaction too - One touch accessible photos of my kid - Parents like us can get real time activities update of their kids through this app and check daily activities and learning they are doing -

Cons

So far nothing as we switched from another software and found this very reliable and ease to use . Only issue is with payment through app , sometimes it gets stuck or shows loading screen so we have to redo it and cancel the whole thing which is little frustrating.

Brightwheel Review

We switched to Brightwheel as our previous software was no longer being supported. We liked moving to a cloud based product and the flexibility that gave our administrators and parents. We enjoy the ability for parents to see their billing and the ability to pay through the app. Customer support for the transition and set up was very good. Since launch, customer support is responsive (not always...

Pros

What we like best is this is a cloud based software. The parent portal allowing parents better access to their child's day and classroom progress as been extremely well received by our parents. We like the check-in feature which allows us to know at any time how many children are in the facility. The ability for the teachers to post notes / pictures for parents allows the parents real time updates instead of waiting till the end of the day to receive a hand written note that is stuffed in the child's belongings and forgotten.

Cons

The back office side of the software is lacking. The reporting capabilities of the software is very limited. For example, we are unable to run an accounts receivable report by family. We can run by child, but you have to run multiple reports for families with more than one child in the program. The software does not currently allow for prepayments or credits on account. Also, on the program side,...

How to manage your managerial work at School with brightwheel

I helped one of the school daycares to manage inventory, students, and payments quite well.

Pros

It is very easy to track down your schedules on the calendar It is easy to keep a record of students' attendance along the week It is easy to plan well on how your schedule

Cons

The only thing not good about this software is that it is not yet known all over Lesotho

Amazing APP

We have loved brightwheel and parents have enjoyed the daily updates on their children and having that option to pay online.

Pros

We love the messaging system, Payroll and Billing

Cons

I would like to see the more from the admissions tab.

Best App for Childcare!

Pros

I recently got introduced to this app through my daughter's daycare and I am in love. I love that I am notified when my husband gets her dropped off, when there is any communication from her school, and updates about her day. This is much more efficient than receiving emails that often get lost in spam boxes. I always get a prompt response through this app. It allows me to be as hands on as needed throughout the day! There are many functions to where you can update profile information, do daily check in and check out, see the calendar, access lesson plans, and see any other documents. This app takes the hassle out of having to call the office and be placed on hold. I highly recommend this app!

Cons

I do not have cons about the app. At first I did not like that I had to wait for an invite by my daughter's school. I thought it would have been easier if I could have just signed up myself until I realized that this was for safety. If anyone could just access the app an put in your child's info that could be dangerous. So, basically what I initially thought was a con, is actually another pro of using the app. My child's safety is ensured!

Great software to run your school!

The overall communication is great! I can email about a problem at any time and receive a response quickly.

Pros

What I like the most is that brightwheel is the full package. Admission - Communications - billing - documents for parents. It's a complete package!

Cons

The calendar can be a bit easier to use. It would be great if there is an alert given on an upcoming school holiday because parents forget to check the calendar.

Puts being a parent at ease

Overall i truly enjoy using this app. Like i said it makes your day go by smoother seeing what your children are up to while at daycare, and knowing they are having a good day.

Pros

Love that you can get updates throughout the entire day about what your child is doing. It truly puts my mind at ease dropping them off at daycare every day.

Cons

I really don't like the photos feature. We should be able to comment on the photos. Make it easier to write back and forth to the teachers about the picture they posted if you may have any questions. Instead of having to go into the messages section. Or who the messages go to... like what if i wanted to reach out to a specific teacher and not the entire class and admin.

Brightwheel: Very promising communication software

Brightwheel is, without a doubt, one of the most effective child care management solutions available. What the software suggests is delivered flawlessly.

Pros

It is of enormous assistance when it comes to coordinating children's daily expected routine. It is visually helpful, effortless to navigate, and there are initial learning procedures that are one of the most awesome things I admire about this product. I am intrigued by the versatility Brightwheel delivers to its prospects

Cons

Its interface can be quite confusing, slightly onboarding, and time-consuming. Brightwheel app appears to be quite complicated and comprehensive for daily usage, for example, visualize how much duration and endurance it takes an educator to fill out the data of just one kid.

Review as a parent

Is the best way to keep communication with daycare and be in peace that the child is safe

Pros

Check in and check out- is important to keep the child safe and that helps parents to be aware who pick up the child and time

Cons

Had trouble to sign in but guess was a problem with the school that took to long to send the code

Easy to set up and easy to use with many features

Our overall experience has been great. The software does most of what we need and we are able to do a work around for items that may one day be implemented through customer feedback. Most importantly we have NEVER had a lock out of software or temporarily unavailable for any reason. We have had access to our software 100% of the time. That was not the case for the software we were using previously.

Pros

The onboarding was easy and the specialist was friendly and knowledgeable. Customer service was easy to contact with questions and responses were professional and clear for quick use. Extensive online help is available at your finger tips if needed. Real time attendance and real time communication with parents through the app are exceptional. Pictures are posted with captions along with one touch categories for quick future reference. Timecards are easily generated for payroll purposes while also providing real time ratio numbers with a touch of a button. Private or group messaging is easy and helps with teacher/director/parent logging so everyone involved has access to what is being communicated.

Cons

Brightwheel struggles with after care billing/invoicing that our center could benefit from. The attendance base billing for that needs options with one touch toggles to accommodate different scenarios. The Room Device Mode also needs a toggle for children assigned to that classroom as a "homeroom" in their profile, instead of being able to see all children in the center that are assigned to a room as a secondary room. Tracking room transfers are imperative to align with state mandates but having a clean visual of attendance is also important.

LOVE Brightwheel!

LOVE this app! Our teachers use this all day and I use it throughout the day as well. Families love being able to talk to the classroom teachers and stay up-to-date with what their child is doing each day.

Pros

Being able to message parents, send pictures, send updates and stay in contact with the families is the best part of the app. We love it as a school and the parents love it even more!

Cons

There can be some confusion when checking students in and out and using name-to-face but once you know the difference it becomes easy to use.

Amazing!

The customer service is amazing! We are extremely pleased with how easy they made the switch from our old system. Every time we've had a question we have received a more than helpful response from their support staff. My employees love it and our parents love it.

Pros

The Brightwheel app enables our employees to easily communicate with parents anytime of day or night and keeps them from giving out their personal phone numbers. The system is very user friendly and has easy to follow instructions and prompts.

Cons

The reporting from a financial side is not very clear if you are coming from another system with a lot of information in reports. Inputting immunizations could be a little quicker like putting a date and selecting the immunizations that were given on the date would be great.

Great for Parents - Financial Info Could Be Improved

Overall, I am pleased with Brightwheel. I like having an almost all-in-one solution for our software needs as a daycare, and Brightwheel is super easy for our parents and our teachers. I would highly recommend it to other daycares. I am hoping the accounting portion of the software becomes more professional.

Pros

Our parents LOVE Brightwheel! It's easy, it's quick, and it connects them in real-time to what's going on with their children. They love getting pictures of their kids during the day. We love that the parents actually use it, are involved in the flow of information, and communicate with us through it.

Cons

The financial portion of the software needs a lot of improvement. I can't tie sibling billing statements together - this creates unessessary payments because parents should be able to make one single transaction to pay all of their unpaid invoices at once. Also, I have found it extremely difficult to see all the information clearly that I need to for bookkeeping. I can't see on each invoice what...

Make the transition to paperless!

We do not otherwise incorporate tech into our business, we use Quickbooks and simple excels, Brighthweel has not had a crazy learning curve and its just a great product.

Pros

We use Brightwheel chiefly for its billing functionality and to meet State licensing requirements regarding records of attendance, ratios, sign in and out, etc. These are records you have to keep for years and the stacks of Bankers boxes were towering! Now we can upon request create and print any report, for instance our licensor could request sign in and out records from a certain classroom on a certain...

Cons

Here is the thing--Brightwheel is constantly developing. So if you were to have a con you can feel assured your feedback will be heard. We have been with them nearing 3 years and have watched so many features get added on and updates made. They take customer feedback seriously and want to understand the industry's needs--we have had conference calls with developers and participated in a lot of dialogue about what we need and what works well.

Perspective from a Teacher who is also a Parent using Brightwheel

Overall, I like the app. It is helpful during the day and once you get the hang of it, really easy to navigate and update, although it can be a bit time consuming. When I have emailed customer service they have emailed me back in a polite and timely manner, which is always a plus. This is my third school year using the app, and have yet to hear a negative comment from any of my student's families. All have had rave reviews, shared it with family members, and are constantly thanking me for sharing things with them throughout the day.

Pros

As a teacher, I like the convenience of being able to get in contact with the parents of my students quickly and effectively. I am able to keep track of attendance and absences easily, it also helps with parents who need to monitor their child's eating. As a parent, I like receiving updates about my child, especially pictures. When it is kept up by my child's teacher, it is a great app because I can see what is going on during his day even though I am not with him.

Cons

One of my biggest frustrations is that I have to COMPLETELY log out and log back in when switching from my teacher account and my parent account, at the same school. My son goes to the school that I work at but is in a different class. It would be so much easier if there was a way to toggle back and forth between the two. My other major concern is, though we have the app on our school chromebooks and...

Great Product! Easy to use for staff and parents.

Our general experience has been incredible. The product does the majority of what we really want and we can accomplish a work around for things that may one day be executed through client criticism. In particular we have NEVER had a keep out of programming or briefly inaccessible under any circumstance. We have approached our product always. That was not the situation for the product we were utilizing beforehand.

Pros

The onboarding was simple and the expert was amicable and proficient. Client support was not difficult to contact with questions and reactions were proficient and clear for fast use. Broad web-based help is accessible readily available if necessary. Continuous participation and ongoing correspondence with guardians through the application are outstanding. Pictures are posted with inscriptions alongside one touch classes for fast future reference. Timecards are effortlessly produced for finance purposes while additionally furnishing constant proportion numbers with a dash of a button. Private or gathering informing is simple and assists with educator/chief/parent logging so everybody in question approaches what is being imparted.

Cons

Brightwheel battles with after care charging/invoicing that our middle could profit from. The participation base charging for that needs choices with one touch switches to oblige various situations. The Room Device Mode additionally needs a switch for kids allocated to that study hall as a "homeroom" in their profile, rather than having the option to see all youngsters in the middle that are doled out to a room as an auxiliary room. Following room moves are basic to line up with state commands yet having a spotless clear line of sight of participation is likewise significant.

Brightwheel is great!

We use Brightwheel at our center to chart each child's daily activities; we easily attach pictures, meal information, and times of diapering, etc.

Pros

I love how easy Brightwheel is to use - the parents also enjoy the format that they receive information

Cons

If I had to choose one thing to improve on, it would be to add a "zoom" function when taking a picture from the app

The best app for schools, day cares, etc.

It makes managing student attendance and communication with parents much easier.

Pros

This is one of the best, if not the very best, solutions to make my life easier managing my school. We started using this app just in our after school program and soon adopted the check-in/out system for our entire attendance tracking solution. We are able to run reports to see who, when, and where someone was checked in for any given day in our school year. All of my suggestions have been heard and considered and almost all (if not all) have eventually been added. I love how well they receive feedback and how they want to serve institutions of all sizes. Having been a long time user since their infancy, I have had the opportunity to talk to many people with the company and they are all wonderful. I wish more companies were like them.

Cons

I feel like the free version is quite limited. It used to have many more features and I sang its praises to everyone. Now I have to start the conversation by discussing the financial part of the system, which limits some potential users. I wish it integrated with student information systems so that I didn't have to export and prepare csv to upload to create students. It would be much simpler to have an automated sync each night to create or remove students based on our current student system, Renweb. I'm beginning to realize that part of this is due to their growing attempt to take over the educational information realm, but they are not there yet.

Look forward to updates! Always getting better!

Replacing Quickbooks, paper daily sheets, paper time sheets, check in/out logs for kids. LOVE the ability for the parents to message the staff instead of having to go through the office phone/email. Although this program has a few things that could be added, I would 100% make this switch!

Pros

Super easy for the teachers to use in the classroom. I like the set up on the teacher end. The billing system is pretty easy to use (1,000x easier than Quickbooks) especially because parents can see their account at any time. The parents really love the program and it has added a new level of quality to our program! Each update makes it better! I look forward to the updates!

Cons

-Sometimes I will message customer services is not very helpful. (Lots of apologies) For example: My end will not let me delete staff members. They offer to do it for me because it should work but the point is it doesn't but there is nothing they can do. Another example, when the update came for "Room Device Mode" I could not get this to work on our android devices, which i understand IOS update...

All Inclusive and FREE!!

I have researched what seems to be everywhere software on the market for our center. There were only 3 that covered all of my required expectations. Brightwheel was one of the 3. I hesitated because it was free and a newer company. I felt there HAD to be a catch to it. Especially since the other 2 companies were very expensive, I couldn't understand how all of this could be offered for free. I took...

Pros

The price - free, the billing option, the ability to upload pics and name activities the children are engaged in, The calendar keeps everyone on the same page. I love it all!

Cons

None

Brightwheel Became Our Bright Spot!

Brightwheel has helped me simplify many aspects of my job. Messages to teachers and staff go in real time. No more running all over the school looking for people. Parents love the app because the get daily communication about their child as the day progresses. During this pandemic, grandparents are being added so they can see daily pictures of their grandchildren. It works well with our school community.

Pros

I love the fact that the one program takes care of communications with faculty and parents, billing and payments, and student information. All of it quickly accessible by computer or cell phone. Customer service is attentive and thorough.

Cons

There are some areas where improvement is necessary. Sometimes when you export information, you may need to tweaking the organization of the information to look the way you want it. The thing is, they invite you to share what you believe needs to improve. In the short 7 months of using this software, and they have made significant updates many of these aspects.

Brightwheel - easy and friendly!

I use Brightwheel at my children's preschool to check them in & out on a daily basis. It's a great system for that and is very fast. A simple 4 number pin/password gets me to my dashboard where only my kids show up and a click of a toggle button checks them in or out. Then, a quick signature (DHR compliant!) and I'm done. They use it for car pool on an iPad and it keeps the line moving. The school moved from a pen and paper set up which was much slower due to flipping through the clipboard to find your kids and signing for each of them. Plus, if it was raining the papers were a mess. The school has the iPads in a weatherproof cover that still allows for signature with the touch screen.

Pros

It's fast, efficient and very easy to use. It has a lot of features that we do not currently use, but used in the past. We only use it for checking kids into the preschool now, but have used the communication features in the past where the teachers could post pictures and send messages to the parents.

Cons

I really do not have any cons for Brightwheel. My experience has been very positive and I like the product. Being 100% honest, I have never had to contact customer service so I can not speak to that, but I do know that the implementation of the solution was pretty simple.

Childcare Savior

Overall, This has made the transition to daycare for myself and my daughter less stress free. It is hard to leave your child everyday to go to work and there is so many horror stories in general. The fact that my daughters daycare uses this app and informs me daily about what is happening gives me peace of mind and all daycare's and schools should use this app. It is a great, quick, and efficient way to communicate between teachers and parents.

Pros

This is a lengthy review because there is so much to say. My first experience with Brightwheel is from my daughters first daycare. We were told to download the app and create an account and the teachers gave us information to make sure we were in the right class. Everyday I got numerous updates that included when I checked her in, her meals, play time, circle time, nap time, when they changed her diaper,...

Cons

Honestly, I do not see any cons about this product. Since it is a web app and mobile app there were times when the system crashed and we could not log in to check in or get updates, but that is common with technology and is bound to happen.

Mixed Feelings

We are generally receiving our payments on time more. BrightWheel has caused new frustrations but relieved others. We like the parent communication aspect. The customer service of BrightWheel is getting better; however, I usually only get an answer after asking multiple people the same question and finally I will get a correct answer. They love their standard boilerplate responses which if I needed...

Pros

We love the AutoPay feature and the ability for our parents to get their invoices 24/7.

Cons

There isn’t a way to record credit, and when a payment fails without attempting to go through it doesn’t send an email to the parents or us. Also, when a payment fails it doesn’t give us an opportunity to recharge. Many parents will ask us to retry and we can’t without creating a new invoice. Also, on the Plan section, it doesn’t allow you to make changes to the days the invoice gets charged, or a new end date, etc. This means we are constantly canceling the plan and creating a new one.