brightwheel Logo

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

procare-child-care-management
gradelink-sis

I love that it is easy to navigate and allows users to control the settings. I rarely have glitches and if I do the customer support is excellent.
Ease of use, great features and most of all our families love it. Brightwheel is such an amazing app to have especially in this post covid world.
Overall, this product seems promising. The opportunity to engage families in a new, innovative way is exciting and we are hopeful to have opportunities to implement this in the future.
Unfortunately, there are some issues with the Payments section. The link "Print Invoice" does not work for me, so a daycare had to send me the invoice via email.
The only thing that bothered me was the billing. But they've already updated me on this point.
After a family emergency, I had to pick up my 5-year-old grandson from school.

3,161 reviews

AS

Allison S.

administration

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

love this platform

Transcript

Allison: So my name's Allison, I manage a law firm. We're evaluating Brightwheel. And for more reviews,...

MJ

Misitura J.

Program Manager

Education Management, 1-10 employees

My daycare rocks for using this!

Transcript

Missy J.: Hi. My name is Missy, and I work in the childcare education sector. I'm a Program Manager,...

Ashley N. S.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Very informative

Overall, I really like BrightWheel. I've used similar apps with other institutions in the past, but I like this one most. I find it is very versitle.

Pros

I like the constant communication from my child's teachers in the app. I love receiving photos and being able to react to them. It makes me feel engaged.

Cons

I am unable to message my child's teachers directly. Every message I send goes to all teachers and administrators. Sometimes, I have a simple question (like, did my child have a potty accident), that seems silly to ask everyone in administration.

ch

crystal h.

Brightwheel is amazing!

My overall experience has been 10/10! We love Brightwheel and have gotten all 3 of our centers started on Brightwheel! We recommend it to everyone!

Pros

When choosing a childcare engagement app, I was looking for something that was user friendly. The last app we used was not user friendly and parents were not getting the items we needed to communicate to them. Brightwheel not only allows us to get electronic daily reports to parents, but parents/staff can communicate directly about their child's day. Once I realized that Brightwheel also handled billing so much easier than Procare I was sold on the app!

Cons

My least like about Brightwheel when we signed up was they did not process payroll. Now that they include payroll in their system we are switching fully from our previous childcare managment software!

EM

ERandy M.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Yay!! Love It

Pros

How to send pictures and add parents and see all the kiddos

Cons

Was to expensive and was hard to use to many apps

Chemicals, 501-1,000 employees

This App is terrible

Pros

Honestly-Nothing! As a parent who uses this app daily I find it to be awful!

Cons

This software does not allow you to see multiple kids at once on a feed without going back and forth. Going back and forth between children is a pain!! Then when I select a child the default is Profile view, I am the parent I don't care about the profile I want to go right to my child's feed. It would be nice if there was a quick view to check in and just see a quick update of all my children on...

MC

Marv C.

Brigthwheel is Great for Child Care Centers

We really enjoy using Brightwheel it is Absolutely Wonderful!!!

Pros

Ease of use, User Friendly, Cost effective

Cons

Not as intuitive as we like it to be. We like it to group students by family and to make it easier to find students and Parents together and not have look for them separately

RS

Robin S.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Brightwheel changed the way I do preschool!

Benefits are many. Communication with families is #1. Easy of online payments and automatic notifications of upcoming invoices is great. Love the lesson plans part of it too.

Pros

Easy to use! Support is awesome and quick. Made my preschool WAY more efficient and saves me as Director a LOT of time. Parents love the connection between home and school.

Cons

I don't use the medical part of adding immunizations? We still keep a paper copy in the student's actual file. It would be nice if it could be "scanned" or uploaded?

KB

Katie B.

GREAT program overall!

Overall we are very happy with Brightwheel and I don't think we could find another childcare program that would suit our needs as a drop-in center.

Pros

-payment options for parents-only software we've found that can handle our drop-in model-fairly user friendly-parents enjoy the app and communication features

Cons

-a few more options for adding information or symbols to students would be nice-doesn't really hide inactive students, which can be confusing/irritating-seems to have hang ups if used by the same parent for multiple centers

sk

shubham k.

Education Management, self-employed

like this product

Administrative Management Classroom Management Health and Safety Mobile Accessibility it was all good

Pros

Brightwheel is an software platform designed to streamline operations for early childhood education programs. It offers tools for managing administrative tasks, communication with parents, and classroom activities

Cons

subscription fees is the thing which may be least liked sometime

cc

cho c.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

This is software that allows smooth communication.

I am generally satisfied with using it because it seems to provide overall convenience such as attendance, notifications, check-in and check-out, etc.

Pros

This is convenient software from a parent's perspective. It's great to be able to intuitively check your child's progress. Smooth communication with teachers is also an advantage.

Cons

I didn't feel any inconvenience in using it, but when I previously contacted customer service, the response was a bit slow.

KH

Kevin H.

Biotechnology, 51-200 employees

Easy to Use, Direct Interface

Pros

The user interface is easy to understand. It was very convenient in communicating with my child's caretakers during aftercare.

Cons

No issues. The program was lite and functioned as expected.

MB

Mary Beth C.

Individual & Family Services, 201-500 employees

Brightwheel Review

Overall Brightwheel has improved on communication, maintaining important documents, and ease of pulling reports for funding streams.

Pros

Brightwheel has helped improve daily communication from home to program. Families seem to engage/communicate more to us via messaging feature. Directors/Managers and Families are able to view in real time what activites are happening in the rooms, which not only provides the families informtion on thier child but managers are able to utilize this feature in a staff evaluation. Win Win

Cons

The ability to upload fillable forms for familes to complete via the app. The families we work with do not have access to computer, they use thier smart phone as thier main computer, and when we have to have them update a form, we still have to do this by asking them to complete and turn back in, which is a struggle since most of them loose the document and/or do not have time to stop and fill out onsite. Love to see the ablity for staff/admin to upload our fillable forms verses a read only document. I am aware that we can customize documents in Brightwheel, however we have a short book for intake paperwork.

CB

Cristal B.

It's amazing!!!

I use brightwheel for billing and receiving payments, sending statements, attendance recording and tracking, ratio tracking, daily communicating with parents, sending alerts and important notifications and last but not least, check-in and check-out recording. I'm sure there are details I am not thinking of right now. The best I can say is, I use brightwheel for everything!

Pros

It's very easy to use, very user friendly and has so many helpful features. It really is a one stop shop because of everything it offers. I don't have to use other programs for various reports or tracking and even billing. It has brought peace to office chaos and helps parents with convenience and peace of mind.

Cons

There are always new things that a center looks for to help processes become more efficient or comprehensive. So yes, there are things that can still be integrated in brightwheel, but they are always open to suggestions and feedback. As soon as ideas come up, they put things into play. Keep in mind, all things take time.

PF

Paula F.

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

Best Decision Made All Year

Our business has been impacted by having more time to improve care for our kiddos and costumer services to our parents using Brightwheel. Brightwheel saves you time after you have set up the program. They have great little video's online to help you out and costumer services is great also when my 65 year old brain is saying what? I will say because of my 65 year brain and technology that speaking to a person would be a little easier but hey I'm still getting it and understanding. Invest in the product!

Pros

Billing!! What a time saver! Attendance & Staffing time saver! Communication with Parents time saver! Easy to learn and this is from a person that's not the brightest person on technology. (I was 63 years old now 65)

Cons

Make longer videos to send to parents. That's it.

TK

Ted K.

Great for Parents - Financial Info Could Be Improved

Overall, I am pleased with Brightwheel. I like having an almost all-in-one solution for our software needs as a daycare, and Brightwheel is super easy for our parents and our teachers. I would highly recommend it to other daycares. I am hoping the accounting portion of the software becomes more professional.

Pros

Our parents LOVE Brightwheel! It's easy, it's quick, and it connects them in real-time to what's going on with their children. They love getting pictures of their kids during the day. We love that the parents actually use it, are involved in the flow of information, and communicate with us through it.

Cons

The financial portion of the software needs a lot of improvement. I can't tie sibling billing statements together - this creates unessessary payments because parents should be able to make one single transaction to pay all of their unpaid invoices at once. Also, I have found it extremely difficult to see all the information clearly that I need to for bookkeeping. I can't see on each invoice what...

BC

Brenda C.

True customer service.

Our experience with Brightwheel has been the best. Customer service is top notch. Outside of the program they offer trainings, resources, and tips and tricks to name a few.

Pros

I love so many things about brightwheel. I love that I can share anecdotal records and photos with families, I can create a space to share photos with staff, and the ease of use of the app and online website. I am a big fan of Brightwheel and tell everyone about it. During the pandemic Brightwheel stood by us and even offered trainings for our staff at no cost when other similar companies we worked with would not work with us or gave us ultimatums. I will forever promote Brightwheel to others in the field and cannot thank them enough.

Cons

There isn't really anything I don't like about Brightwheel. I notice that when I message staff together and they respond, staff can't see each other's message. I know this is a privacy concern but wonder if you can have a setting for this like "all staff" or individual staff. It's not a deal breaker. Many of the things I use to have issues with, they fixed them.

JP

Jessica P.

Education Management, self-employed

Great Product! Easy to use for staff and parents.

Our general experience has been incredible. The product does the majority of what we really want and we can accomplish a work around for things that may one day be executed through client criticism. In particular we have NEVER had a keep out of programming or briefly inaccessible under any circumstance. We have approached our product always. That was not the situation for the product we were utilizing beforehand.

Pros

The onboarding was simple and the expert was amicable and proficient. Client support was not difficult to contact with questions and reactions were proficient and clear for fast use. Broad web-based help is accessible readily available if necessary. Continuous participation and ongoing correspondence with guardians through the application are outstanding. Pictures are posted with inscriptions alongside one touch classes for fast future reference. Timecards are effortlessly produced for finance purposes while additionally furnishing constant proportion numbers with a dash of a button. Private or gathering informing is simple and assists with educator/chief/parent logging so everybody in question approaches what is being imparted.

Cons

Brightwheel battles with after care charging/invoicing that our middle could profit from. The participation base charging for that needs choices with one touch switches to oblige various situations. The Room Device Mode additionally needs a switch for kids allocated to that study hall as a "homeroom" in their profile, rather than having the option to see all youngsters in the middle that are doled out to a room as an auxiliary room. Following room moves are basic to line up with state commands yet having a spotless clear line of sight of participation is likewise significant.

AT

Amy T.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Look forward to updates! Always getting better!

Replacing Quickbooks, paper daily sheets, paper time sheets, check in/out logs for kids. LOVE the ability for the parents to message the staff instead of having to go through the office phone/email. Although this program has a few things that could be added, I would 100% make this switch!

Pros

Super easy for the teachers to use in the classroom. I like the set up on the teacher end. The billing system is pretty easy to use (1,000x easier than Quickbooks) especially because parents can see their account at any time. The parents really love the program and it has added a new level of quality to our program! Each update makes it better! I look forward to the updates!

Cons

-Sometimes I will message customer services is not very helpful. (Lots of apologies) For example: My end will not let me delete staff members. They offer to do it for me because it should work but the point is it doesn't but there is nothing they can do. Another example, when the update came for "Room Device Mode" I could not get this to work on our android devices, which i understand IOS update...

HP

Hank P.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Brightwheel - easy and friendly!

I use Brightwheel at my children's preschool to check them in & out on a daily basis. It's a great system for that and is very fast. A simple 4 number pin/password gets me to my dashboard where only my kids show up and a click of a toggle button checks them in or out. Then, a quick signature (DHR compliant!) and I'm done. They use it for car pool on an iPad and it keeps the line moving. The school moved from a pen and paper set up which was much slower due to flipping through the clipboard to find your kids and signing for each of them. Plus, if it was raining the papers were a mess. The school has the iPads in a weatherproof cover that still allows for signature with the touch screen.

Pros

It's fast, efficient and very easy to use. It has a lot of features that we do not currently use, but used in the past. We only use it for checking kids into the preschool now, but have used the communication features in the past where the teachers could post pictures and send messages to the parents.

Cons

I really do not have any cons for Brightwheel. My experience has been very positive and I like the product. Being 100% honest, I have never had to contact customer service so I can not speak to that, but I do know that the implementation of the solution was pretty simple.

DV

Dawn V.

Brightwheel Pros & Cons

Our staff members are more informed on a daily basis and connected to the parents more. They receive updates on students versus relying on the director to pass on the information from a phone call or email.

Pros

1) It has aloud our staff members to connect with families more on a daily/weekly basis. 2) Staff are able to post pictures without using their phone storage. 3) Parents can sign-in & sign-out easier. Easier to add extra pick-up people. 4) Easier to obtain tuition payments from families. 5) Easier to have a visual of the school in one location (I can switch rooms and see who is there and the staff in the room. 6) Bi-monthly payroll is much easier with the time sheets.

Cons

1) There is no way to message staff members all at once or for them to receive a message as well. (example, I post the newsletter for parents and the staff would have to open a student file to view it or I mass message the parents but the staff do not receive the mass message as well. 2) I wish you could post pdf files to the parents versus just image files. (My newsletters and forms always have to...

NA

Nanette A.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Brightwheel helps with multiple facets of the preschool day!

As stated in the "pros" of this software, Brightwheel makes communication that much better between the preschool and the families. It allows for parents to really be connected with their child, and the the learning they are involved in all day, as well as those memorable moments, that the parent may not get to see as it is happening. I would recommend Brightwheel to all preschools for the fact that it is quite easy to use, it is fast to input data, and it is multi-functional. As a preschool teacher that has been teaching for 20 years, I feel this is one of the best tools I have had access to.

Pros

This software helps make the connection between home and the preschool setting stronger. It allows teachers and parents to communicate important information to each other. It allows for photos to be shared with the families, so that they can see the learning taking place in the classroom. It allows for teachers to keep track of the development that each child is going through, in a very structured, easy to understand format. I can't say enough good things about this software!

Cons

The software used to never have the video component, but they introduced that component within the last year, and it has really been a nice addition. It seems that the company really values the feedback of it's clients, and then implements the ideas. There is nothing I like the "least" about this software.

SS

Suvarna S.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

Best Software for Kids Daycare

Overall the Brightwheel is best software for monitoring your kids daily activities and helps you to be in touch with teacher anytime.

Pros

-I am really happy using this software as it is user friendly and you don’t have to technically sound for understanding this software which is best - Easy navigation and notification alerts - Daily able to monitor my kids activities through this app once teacher update it - easy interaction through one to one message and group interaction too - One touch accessible photos of my kid - Parents like us can get real time activities update of their kids through this app and check daily activities and learning they are doing -

Cons

So far nothing as we switched from another software and found this very reliable and ease to use . Only issue is with payment through app , sometimes it gets stuck or shows loading screen so we have to redo it and cancel the whole thing which is little frustrating.

Lack of technical support

I am using the payed version of Brightwheel for almost two years and I was happy with the app until one day when the team chanced the log in prosses and I couldn't access the app, neither the parents. I tried to call them, but they don't have any phones available for the costumers to call for support. I email them and I've been told that someone will help me on the phone after three days...That was...

Pros

Its easy to use, but only if you don't have technical issues.

Cons

Luck of people to support you when you have problem and when you need immediately help to restore the issue and using the program again.

CR

Celeste R.

Highly Recommend

Pros

Love the ease of use. The communication tool helps bridge the gap between home and school. The billing function takes out any awkwardness of having to address certain fees. The built in Experience curriculum provides a level of quality that is worth the investment.

Cons

I wish there was a feature that would prompt staff to check in. Staff should not be able to log any reports without being checked in. As of now, staff can log activities without being logged in.

AF

Amy F.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Brightwheel a great software investment for our Early Learning Center

Overall Brightwheel has helped save so much time as an administrator. I don't have to spend the hours I used to spend handling the finances. All payments are automatically withdrawn and are deposited promptly. Communication with parents has increased to a very professional level. Our families love receiving updates throughout the day with pictures and videos of things their children are doing. We Love Brightwheel and would definitely recommend it to any size center.

Pros

Our center has been using Brightwheel for over a year now and we absolutely love it! I love the connection with parents through this software. Parents can stay up on how their child's day is going. I also like having the finances linked through the app. It is so convenient for parents. As an administrator it has become very user friendly and helps me to keep up on each class and ratios from my phone.

Cons

I do not like that any time I want a special report I have to submit it to be emailed. I would love to have access to more of the information as an administrator. This also goes with the financing I would like a little more control over when I send invoices dates on invoices etc. I also don't like how everything is alphabetized by first or last name. In the childcare industry birthdays are a great option to organize rooms as children move to the next room by their birthday and that is not a feature available on the app at this time.

PR

Paul R.

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Never Going Back

Clients love this system, teachers love this system, and I love this system.

Pros

I really appreciate most aspects of the communication system for staff and parent clients as well. I like the billing and account systems a lot. I appreciate that lesson plans, invoices, in real time teacher-parent communications are all in real time and at access to the parents at all times.

Cons

I wish there were a way to upload our curriculum goals ad objectives into the system in order to make lesson planning, learning observations and child assessments more connected and seamless. I also wish that there were a way to pause messaging overnight or weekends short of signing out. It would be great to be able to set an out of office on messaging.