brightwheel Logo

visit website

brightwheel Reviews - Page 3

2,900 reviews

Great Product

I have used similar products and this is by far the best!

Pros

I use this for communication with my children’s daycare. We can’t easily send messages to each other about the kids. I love the updates throughout the day and the ability to look in on my kids while I’m at work. We can also share updates with friends and family.

Cons

I am not able to share my own pictures with the staff, only they can post pictures.

Easier Life as a Owner & Director

As an Owner director of a childcare brightwheel makes my life a whole lot easier!

Pros

I am a preschool teach turned Director Owner and I am not very good with the whole computer thing. With brightwheel I do not need to be computer smart. I have been able to figure out everything by myself! I appreciate the time they have put into developing this app to make is easy to use for Directors, Teachers and Parents. I have never had to explain how to use the app to anyone. I use it for attendance, Daily Reports, Billing, Assessments and Messaging parent back and forth.

Cons

I really love everything about brightwheel and every time they upgrade something I am like WOW I love it even more. They are constantly improving on what I think is already really good. When I do have a suggestion I message them and they say they will pass it on. Several messages I have sent are now part of the app so they are listening.

Great experience with room to grow

Our ultimate goal with Brightwheel is to have an all-in-one solution for parent communication and teaching. I believe Brightwheel is working on this but it is not there yet. The app is fantastically easy to operate and contains as many or more features found in other software. Suggestions are taken by the Brightwheel team, which is a huge plus. Concerns are more with cost/value as I still have to buy separate assessment/teaching system.

Pros

The fact that it brings most used features into one easy to use package. Updates are frequent and mostly useful, increasing the functionality of the app (also listed as a con below). I can also trust that parents can figure out the app fairly easily without having to teach each family how to use it.

Cons

Cost - while not a lot on a per child basis, it does add up. Especially given the fact that the documentation part of the software is messy and not as user friendly, which makes it unusable at this point. There is also a greater up-front cost with iPads/Tablets. App updates - updates are good, but features are updated without notice. This leaves the user/teacher scrambling to figure out the new features and changes before children get in. Lack of supervisor control - the app could use more lock down features so management can limit what can be done from a single user.

Brightwheel Is A Game-changing App for all Daycare Businesses

My overall experience with brightwheel has been wonderful. Prior to brightwheel, we used physical paper daily records. They were difficult to complete for each child. The app allows for pictures to accompany the activities that we do.

Pros

I love that the Brightwheel app allows my business to stay connected to our families in so many amazing ways.

Cons

At times the app glitches and updates don’t post, but that happens very rarely.

Love Brightwheel with hopes of more functionality in the future

Overall I love this app. I wouldn't change it for the world and I love the confidence it gives me as a mom.

Pros

I use brightwheel as a Mom and as a user for the agency I work for. As a mom, I love the fact that we have check-ins and check-out and I am notified when dad drops or picks up our child. One of my main fears is to hear about children left in the car and brightwheel is an amazing safeguard for parents to know that the children were dropped off. It also adds security because you can authorize who can pick up your kiddo. From an admin standpoint, it allows parents to pay from the app, communicate with teachers, etc.

Cons

Parents cannot send attachments or anything back to the teachers. I think we we were able to, the communication would be more effective. The app is simple which is great, but a little bit more functionality and options would make this app perfect.

We love Brightwheel!

My school has experienced nothing but positive customer service from Brightwheel. They’ve been super responsive to both parents and my staff when needed. In 2.5 years of use, we’ve only experience 3 outages and they were all related to larger internet issues (not specifically Brightwheel’s fault). Even during those times they were responsive and helpful.

Pros

We’ve been using brightwheel at our school since May 2016. It’s super easy to use and they keep enhancing the software and making it better. Invoicing is super easy. The cost is relatively low for the value that we get. It allows me to track kids and know who is here and ratios with ease.

Cons

There are a couple of things I don’t like. For example once a parent has issued a partial payment on an invoice, you can’t change/edit the invoice. I also don’t like that brightwheel isn’t integrated with PayPal. A lot of our families want to use PayPal which requires me to go in an manually mark payments as paid.

Daycare GODSEND

I love how easy this app is to use for parents! We can communicate so easily about bottles, nap schedules, or even with photos of injuries if we need to. I recommend it to every daycare I come across.

Pros

Brightwheel is so easy to use and is very organized. It's easy to find the information you're looking for (intake, last diaper change, how long a child napped) and to communicate with parents. The check in/check out feature allows you to easily see how many children are in attendance and even lets you view staff to child ratios! I love being able to send photos and videos to parents in a secure, private platform that's easy to access.

Cons

This app works better for smaller numbers of children. My summer program used it only for check in/check out numbers, messaging parents, getting quick information (phone numbers, allergies, etc), and occasional photos or videos. We had a large group of school agers (average of 30 children each day) and ran a large group for activities. Had we been separated into smaller groups, we would have been able to add more into each child's log daily.

My Brightwheel Review

I love that I can use this for all the parts of my business. It makes tracking money and hours worked for taxes easy. I think when I show potential clients it helps sell my service. Parents seem impressed with it.

Pros

It is easy to use, my parents love that I can communicate with them through the app daily. I keep logs of attendance, naps, diapers, food and snacks and can also log medication given, accidents or any other things I need to log. It is easy to talk to parents through the app. I also use if for billing and tracking my hours worked. It's my one stop shop for all the things I need to run my childcare home.

Cons

I wish that you could access billing on the mobile app. It would make things easier. Also, parents should be able to set their own check in code, in the beginning they can never remember and I have to go into the desktop version to find it, that part is a hassle. I do wish the credit card fees were cheaper.

Every daycare should use this app. Period

I love this app. From the messages, calendar, and learning icons, everything is so interactive. Deciding to place your little one in the care of strangers can be stressful and overwhelming; but this software made us feel more at ease because we were able to see all of our child's happenings throughout the day! No need to guess what time your child went to potty or if they had a nap. Just long on the app and the care provider takes all of the guesswork away! Love it!

Pros

This app is awesome. It keeps parents in touch with how their child's day is progressing. I was able to see what time my baby had her meals (am snack and lunch), as well as what time she fell asleep and woke up. I was also was able to keep track of her potty times, and the daycare also would upload pics of my daughter throughout the day! Kept me engaged and excited to know that my child was being taken care of!

Cons

No complaints. I never even heard of this app until I enrolled my daughter at a daycare who uses this app. I am glad they do. You literally get to track all of your little ones happenings throughout the day! So neat!

Document learning and your day

I have found Brightwheel to be easy to utilize within the my classroom and use. My college students are able to aid in uploading and documenting as well as my preschool students.

Pros

I have found that in my preschool classroom we can easily communicate with parents through the notes as well as photos and videos. This software allows me to use Missouri State Standards to show what goals my students meet through play and social interactions with each other. I am able to do my attendance and lunch count as well as document sleeping patterns of my students. I can also document absences. Parents get immediate feedback on their child's day.

Cons

As of right now I can put multiple pictures on at one time, unless I am adding custom goals then I can only do one picture at a time. There are times where I have more than one photo for certain custom goals. I would like to be able to have the option to add more than one photo when using this. The only other thing that can make brightwheel hard it that it looks different depending on the devise you are using. The IPad version is different than the app version and both are different than the computer version. If these were a little more streamlined that would be helpful.

Brightwheel for Child Care/Preschools

Pros

Brightwheel makes our lives so much easier in many ways at our preschool, but the main things are probably the way we can communicate with our parent population and invoicing. We can talk to parents through mass classroom messaging as well as individual messaging. Brightwheel allows us to send photos throughout the day which is what parents love most. A few messages and photos throughout the day help parents know what questions to ask their kiddos about their day which improves family communication. The invoicing feature is fantastic as well since many of our parents prefer electronic invoicing and it keeps all of our information in one place. Student records, invoices, attendance etc. everything can be done on Brightwheel!

Cons

The one thing I do wish Brightwheel had was an internal chat function for our teachers to be able to communicate within Brigthwheel throughout the day as well since we are constantly using it for parents. It would be wonderful to chat with each other through the platform.

Looking to foster communication with familes ... look no further!

Brightwheel has made a huge difference in the area of communicating with families. For years, I had been on the hunt for an application that would allow direct communication between our parents and staff. I discovered Brightwheel in the beginning of 2016 and instantly fell in love with its ease of use and the ability to send updates to parents. Parents have commented how much they appreciate getting...

Pros

Ease of use Instant communication between families and staff Reduces Paperwork Aids in documentation

Cons

I can't really think of anything. I've been a true fan ... since before it's introduction on Shark Tank!

Would definitely recommend!! :)

I've used this app for a year and a half now for my home daycare (usually 20 children at any given time), and I LOVE it! I cannot imagine running my business without it now! The billing is easy to use! The parents feel connected, and it doesn't require much effort to input things into the app so it doesn't take time away from the children. It's easy to use for myself, my staff, and all the families. Thank you Brightwheel for making such a fantastic tool to help my parents feel so connected to their children while they're at work, it's made a big difference!

Pros

-Technical support = SUPER QUICK and personable -Brightwheel is open to new suggestions/improvements and implements those -Easy to use for parents, staff, and myself as the owner -Billing easy to use (reoccurring or individual invoices, auto payments, print off billing summary for taxes,etc) -Price reasonable for all you get with the app -Check in/out for kids and staff (makes payroll so easy!) -SO easy to add pictures, videos, food, meals, naps, incidents, etc for individual kids or the whole group quickly

Cons

Love the app, and cannot think of a con at this time.

I’m a parent and teacher in the same school

I absolutely love bright wheel! It’s made teaching a bit easier and as a parent it’s a great way to communicate with the school and teachers.

Pros

I like how parents and teachers can communicate with each other at their convenience. As a parent I absolutely love getting videos and pictures of my child and as a teacher I like sending them out to the parents so they can see what their child is doing. I also like how a teacher is able to keep tabs on all the kids like what rooms there and then when they were absent.

Cons

As a parent with multiple children the same school, when a notification is sent and it doesn’t tell me which child the door is for. It Also sometimes as a parent I would like to send the teachers a picture of something my child is doing at home or if they were set with something else that wasn’t there then I can show them a picture and let them know that we have iT.

Great App But Constant Bugs

While the bugs can be frustrating sometimes, Brightwheel is one of the highlights for families at our school and we're very glad to have it. It's straightforward, modern, and useful, but it does need some much needed maintenance and revision for it to be working properly.

Pros

Brightwheel is a really wonderful app for schools and makes it easy for administration to track lots of info about all of the students. We use it not only for communication but for documentation as well, for example immunizations, and it's wonderful to have it all in one place for teachers and parents to access.

Cons

We're constantly having issues with small bugs in the software. Pictures and videos won't always load despite file size, messages won't get sent, messages can't be opened, etc. It doesn't always seem like there's great maintenance going on and when you need to get in contact with parents quickly it's very frustrating. There also isn't really an option to go through a child's activities except for constantly scrolling through days and days of records, which doesn't even always work.

Teacher's Point of View

I am able to better communicate with parents and give them a better picture of what happens during our school day.

Pros

Brightwheel is highly enjoyed by my parents. They especially like getting picture updates of their children. I enjoy being able to "text" my parents and get an immediate response without having to call them. It is helpful that they now align with NC state standards and can help me assess my students.

Cons

A big problem I have had with brightwheel is using their app to take pictures, my pictures do not get saved and I lose the picture of I go to do anything else. If you want to upload videos, I suggest using the app, because it is very difficult to get any video from your device onto the app. You also can only take a tiny video clip. I would love to have longer videos! I am sad that we can not align brightwheel with Teaching strategies gold.

Confidence in care

Overall, Brightwheel has improved the engagement of families in my school’s community. The ability to communicate with ease through Brightwheel empowers families and they have more confidence that their child is in good hands.

Pros

I like Brightwheel software because it enables me to connect with families in real-time. I can let families know ahead of time about what is happening with their child at school, and ask them questions without having to make disruptive phone calls.

Cons

The functionality of various features on the apps could be better. I experience some frustration when demobstrating how to use the app to new users who have an operating system different from my own device. Features like student check-in/out are unpredictable and I receive constant complaints from parents every day when they try to check their child in or out and the app appears to require something different each day.

Life Saver

I have been able to make taxes easier with Brightwheel. With the meal tracking, deposit/invoice tracking, and yearly reports it has made inputting the numbers into my taxes so easy. I have been able to spend more time focusing on the children rather than worrying about daily reports and telling every parent what we did at the end of the day.

Pros

Everything. I love everything about Brightwheel. From the bill pay to the daily feeds for the children. My parents love it too. It makes communication and payments with my families seamless. I really like that you can print yearly reports of your deposits, meals, and milestone tracking. This program helps me keep everything logged for my state license and Paths to Quality, the quality rating program I participate in.

Cons

The deposit fee. I already pay a monthly fee for the program which is relatively cheap considering what you get. However, the deposit fee per transaction gets pricey. It would be great if you could be like a flat rate. Maybe add it to the monthly cost instead of charging it with every transaction.

Always on the mend and prosperity

You can feel confident as an administrator that every one shifts and proportions are covered. they have continuous access to their receipts, bills, and year-end statements

Pros

I have used this app for a year and a half now on a daycare reception usually 20 kids at any time which i really like it. i can't imagine running my business without it now! Invoices are easy to use! Parents feel connected, and it doesn't take much effort to urge things into the app so it doesn't take time away from kids. it is easy to use for myself, my staff, and each one families. many thanks Brightwheel for creating this handy gizmo to help my parents feel connected to their children while they were at work, it made a huge difference!

Cons

i'm unable to seek out the observations easily for review afterward for report as a category or objective/goal.I wish you'll post pdf files to the oldsters versus just image files. (My newsletters and forms always need to be converted to pdf then to image file.

Best way to communicate with the School

I use this everyday for check in , check out, message and share pictures and videos for my child's school. It's great.

Pros

It's very easy to track every check in and check out entry of my little one in her school. I can receive important messages from the school so that I never miss anything happening at the school. And I can send messages to her teacher and the school administration regarding absence , sickness and anything regarding my child. Her teacher can send photos and videos of the school events through brightwheel. And also parents can share pictures and videos among teachers and other children in the class. And both parents have access and can track the child's activities.

Cons

I hope it has a little bit more capacity when sharing videos. The video have to be less than around 2 minutes to share now.

Awesome ! Game Changer!

Fantastic experience very user and staff friendly!

Pros

This platform is the best for the organization as well as for the parents. The best perks of the Brightwheel is that is in real-time for everything. Did you have a child that is getting sick you can update the profile and the parent gets an alert. Another perk is when you have extended family picking up the customized pin numbers come in handy. The security is top-notch for staff and administration. Also, there are reports on the backend that also works fantastic for analytics. Fantastic platform!

Cons

Searching for a student can get a little clunky. The organization of classes is tedious. also would love to group students together in families like siblings instead of having to go into their accounts individually.

Brightwheel is a great purchase

I am very pleased with our choice to use Brightwheel. It has simplified our processes!

Pros

Brightwheel has been excellent for communicating with our parents. It has simplified our check in/out process. It is helping us eliminate paper! They provide onboarding help which is good.

Cons

There are some learning challenges in switching software. We have struggled with the billing being so different but have figured it out. The customer support is very helpful but they have been bombarded so it's not always immediate.

Parent communications

The customer service was, frankly, awful when we began using the program. The change in this is fabulous! Love all the things that are being added!

Pros

We often use the app to contact all of our parents with a single stroke, for information about their children, closures, field trips to even asking them all for a plumber recommendation when our water tank quit working. Parents willing to help were amazing! So great to be able to let small things like that be known! Parents love the ability to see what their children are doing, eating etc. We have coupled this with watch me grow which is a great marriage.

Cons

I'd love to see a start date added to the child's profile, as well as an end date. When clocking our school children it would be nice to be able to do this in a batch, rather than individually.

Brightwheel: simple and easy

My pros above should explain most of this. Brightwheel is great: simple!

Pros

Brightwheel is simple and to the point : let’s us spend less time on our phone and more time concentrating on the kiddos. We recently switched back to it from LifeCubby; LC was too crowded and complicated. It required training that most staff didn’t have the time for. Brightwheel let’s us compile all info in one place and makes checking in a breeze!

Cons

It doesn’t allow you to post something to multiple classes. I have a combined age classroom sometimes and it would be nice to post a pic of all kids from classes at once instead of doing it separately for each.

Great software for staying up to date on children

This program from a parent's perspective helps fill the void of missing your child when you have to go back to work. As we are in the process of finding new schools for our children when they say they have BrightWheel it is an instant consideration.

Pros

I am a parent user of this software and I absolutely love it. This software allows me to easily stay in contact with my children's school and get updates on what they have eaten, when they have used the bathroom, napped and receive pictures and videos. I like that I can message school from my phone and receive a message back without having to call. Because it has ios applications i get the updates on my iWatch and phone.

Cons

I don't like that there can sometimes be a delay in the software or some glitches but that is to be expected with anything from time to time.