Procare Solutions Logo

Suggested alternatives

brightwheel
jackrabbit-care
enrollsy

I love that we can track how our younger children are eating and when they are being changed. I love love the updates from the teachers.
The best thing about Procare is that it is user friendly. The support website is a great tool.
Everyone on the phone is polite, has excellent customer service and is there to help answer your questions and teach you how to do the task so you can remember for next time. Really love this product.
I haven't found a software that can do it all. To switch we would be trading problems for problems.
I should be able to create a licensing-compliant registration form for parents, which includes emergency contacts, allergies, medical insurance number, etc. Staff timecards are poorly designed.
It has been having a few glitches lately. It's very frustrating when you can't access your information because server is down.

2,222 reviews

BV

Bailey V.

Owner

Retail, self-employed

Procare in a nutshell

Transcript

Bailey: Hi, I'm Bailey. I am an assistant director in childcare. I would give the Procare system a four...

FJ

Franziska J.

office manager

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Happy to have switched to Procare for Childcare Manager!

Transcript

Franziska I.: Hi, I'm Franziska, I'm an office manager. I give Procare a five Stars. And for more reviews...

Marlene R.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Great Software for Child Care Centers

We love this program. It provides us with one place to quickly find out so much information. Log-in and see total enrollment, enrollment by classes or ages. Tracks child information without searching through files or looking in multiple places. Tracks employee attendance and any other info you might want to add like: Date of Hire, schedules, vacation time accrued or used, etc. Many things a pre-programed,...

Pros

Simplicity of use. Saves paperwork. Can be used to create reports. Easily see everyone who is still in the building (children and staff members). Records many different types of information (attendance, immunizations, medicals, state required paperwork, Food Program info for the USDA CACFP, tuition fees, and other misc info.) You can program it to add user specific information such as allergies, restricted pick-up, authorized individuals for pick-up, etc. We even have a door unit that stores fingerprints of authorized individuals for pick-up and then allows the door to unlock for entry.

Cons

W e have had to replace the door unit after someone cracked the screen and someone just chipped the fingerprint reader which may need replaced (it is still working). This is the result of individual user misuse though and not an actual flaw of the program or hardware. There is an annual update fee, but it is well worth the cost for the time and paperwork it saves.

RS

Robin S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Co-Founder/Program Director

It has been great for our organization and our team.

Pros

It is customizable to fit our programming. easy to use. Customer service is always ready to help.

Cons

Deleting what you don't need. We have duplicate names in the system and deleting them has been an issue.

SW

Sarah W.

Procare review

Pros

I like how reliable Procare is. I rarely run into any software issues. I also enjoy the amount of reporting available.

Cons

It is not intuitive/user friendly. You have to know the program very well in order to move around in it.

HA

Haley A.

1-10 employees

ProCare: Great for billing and invoice tracking

Pretty good. It was fairly easy to set up.

Pros

Billing and invoicing, parent portal ease of accessibility

Cons

Would like more customizability in the other features.

GG

Gloria G.

Excellent system overall

Overall, very positive experience and great customer service

Pros

All necessary systems in one convenient application

Cons

Would like to be able to better track certain types of reports without having to use desktop and online versions together

LG

Lacey G.

Childcare Facility Usage

Pros

It helps to keep everything organized and easily accessible in one place

Cons

I would like to be able to send pictures through messages and sometimes there's issues with payments going through correctly through ACH.

MP

Maila P.

Procare Works!

From first meeting with the Procare team to today, choosing Procare for our school's needs has been top notch.

Pros

The ease of use, smooth functionality of parent communication along with daily tracking capabilities makes this app a winner.

Cons

Some lag is experienced at times and a few reports can be fine-tuned to better suit school needs.

SK

Sevastiana K.

Review from The Teaching Tree SW

It has been great for the last 3 years we have used ProCare overall I am very pleased with it.

Pros

That is is easy to use and great for all needs at my center

Cons

I do not have any complaints on ProCare, I am fully satisfied with our overall app and what everything that it offers, it is easy to use and parents love it as well.

SS

Suzanne S.

Great product

I very much like the ease of use and family friendly payment system.

Pros

I like the way families can use the app to do all things such as payments and communications.

Cons

I with the online version would make it easier for student re enrolling from year to year.

Jennifer M.

11-50 employees

Still getting the hang of it, but love it so far!

We’ve only been using it for about 10 months, but so far we do enjoy most of the features. We are having issues reconciling the billing on ProCare with the bank, but that has nothing to do with the program itself. I would encourage other child care facilities to try pro care, especially if they are new to online payments. There is a bit of a learning curve, but I think that it will end up being very beneficial to us in the future.

Pros

The online payment function, auto pay for families who choose to do so, the ability to do invoices ahead of time and save them to send at a later date.

Cons

The parents not being able to call customer service in order to handle issues with their own accounts.

LM

Lorraine M.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Top Notch

We had constant issues with our families understanding their billing and the emails they were receiving. With ProCare everything is clear, concise and I am in control of what emails are going out which has helped tremendously. Summer is our busiest time as we run a summer camp and this year has been so much easier than last year. I refer to ProCare as the "Cadillac" of child care software and it has run smoothly from the first drive off of the showroom floor.

Pros

Ease of billing for the child care services for our 120+ students.

Cons

That's tough because I really like the system. One piece I won't use is Tuition Express as I find it far too expensive (I have worked around it to keep our accounts receivable in a pre-paid status and all payments done by ACH which keeps our expenses down.)

AB

AMBAR B.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Everything I need, anywhere I need it.

Kinderlime has been with me since day one, from the moment I was licensed. Everything was in one place no need to have rosters and billing spreadsheets and have to enter formulas and hassle with paper sign-in sheets. It is always one of the first things I introduce parents to when they tour our home. I can't say enough great things about it. After the parents start using it they tell the family and friends about it and how they can see what the kiddo is doing, eating, learning, they truly love it. I get to share the milestones and happy faces from the daily activities in a way that it makes the time they spend on the phone all about their little one. Invoice Billing is one of the top things I love keeps me super organized.

Pros

I can access Kinderlime from my desktop, cellphone tablet. and so can my parents. It is super easy to use. It is designed to be paperless and it allows me to run my Home Daycare with ease, even when I am not in the office.

Cons

There is not much more I can ask of the features and functions of Kinderlime. I do participate in the Child Nutrition Program and I have to go to different software to enter my meals and attendance, it would be nice to integrate Kinderlime with the programs like KidKare.

KM

Katelyn M.

Great Program worth the price

When I first took over in the childcare office I was under the impression that Sandbox would not fulfill what we were looking for in a software program, but after doing more research on my own I discovered that Sandbox was able to do everything that other programs do. I've enjoyed working with the Sandbox program and their customer service.

Pros

This software has the same functions as many of the more expensive software. Without have any formal training on it I was able to figure it out pretty easily and being able to call, email or chat with customer support has been a huge help. Everything that we were looking for in a software program Sandbox has with being a fraction of the price of others. Sandbox is simple and clean looking and is working on updating to keep up to date resources available to parents and teachers.

Cons

Some of the features that it has such as with child daily logs is not as concise as I would prefer it to be as an administrator, but over all it is simple to use and easy for parents to navigate.

Hi Katelyn, Thanks for the amazing review and feedback! You will be happy to hear that we are making some major updates to our daily logs early next year. Stay tuned!

KO

Kelly O.

We love Procare!

Overall I have a great experience! We have a large center with kids infant up to 13 years. We also are unique in that we use it for our swimming programs too. These range from 2 years old up to adults and the customer support to help us set this up was fantastic!

Pros

Procare does a lot for our center! We also love how there are additional features you can add on. It is great for tracking families, payments, and even adding activities. Overall we have had good experiences with the customer support. We also love the cloud so we can access this anywhere! The customer support is usually great as well. The people are willing to help and teach you learn more about Procare's capabilities!

Cons

Procare does a lot but some of the features are a bit updated. The texting feature isn't great. It still uses phone emails to send these and we always have problems with it working correctly. The emails are also not great. It can't be customized, images can not be added unless it is an attachment and it can only come from one email administrator unless your company uses Outlook. I also feel like the customer support overall is great but sometimes, I get someone who doesn't seem to know what he is talking about. After a long wait, this can be very frustrating.

HU

Heather U.

Game Changer

Overall, we have had nothing but positive feedback from our families. They love the updates in real time, that they can save photos we post, and all billing goes through ProCare too.

Pros

ProCare has allowed our center to have a one stop shop for all our management needs. Billing and tuition, daily communication with parents, logging of daily routine care, enrollment, payroll and timecards and now curriculum!

Cons

The only downfall is the fees we are charged for credit and debit card transactions. I wish those could be passed directly to the cardholder at the time of the transaction.

Thank you for your review. When it comes to passing fees along to parents, our recommendation is to build those fees right into your tuition and fee structure for all customers. For example, if a credit card transaction costs you, on average, 2% and half your families pay by credit card, then raising rates across-the-board by just 1% would cover your costs without requiring you to jump through the legal hoops associated with charging a separate credit card surcharge. While some centers prefer to surcharge and add an additional fee in parent statements to cover online payment transactions, several states and credit card companies have restrictions on this practice and not everyone allows it. We hope that this helps give some direction on this and helps you decide how you want to proceed.

JA

Josie A.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Level Up with Procare!

Our company has been in business for more than 13 years; I have only been with this company for two years now. I introduced them to Procare for billing and at the time they were using Quickbook software. We did the switch and billing has been amazing. I love to explore every features that Procare has to offer, still learning some features but overall I think I master Procare :)

Pros

The product is easy to use, I love that it has everything we need for our program from reports to billing. Customer service is always available and ready to assist remotely.

Cons

I think the app version is kind of difficult When you have those read clouds you can't really do much to correct them.

KW

Ken W.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Procare is a great all-in-one solution that can be what you need it to be.

I have had a great experience, the help/customer service is always prompt and helpful, and I am very content with what I have been able to do with procare desktop and the functionality I have found with procare connect

Pros

I like being able to set up my own criteria to track incoming/enrolled students - what paperwork they're missing, guardianship concerns, etc. I LOVE the way that physicals and immunizations are tracked, it makes my job way easier.

Cons

I wish there was a little more customization. I would like to be able to permanently set up to see 2 payers for accounts with 2 payers and only 1 for accounts with only 1. I would like to be able to set which days certain pick-up people are allowed to pick up. I would like for User Defined Fields to show up on account pages where Account Tracking shows up. I would like to be able to schedule a child to move into a different classroom on a certain date the way I can schedule for a child to be on break or to be enrolled on a certain day.There are many features I wish for.

EM

Erika M.

We love Procare!

Procare has changed how we bill for childcare. I can access the child's attendance, billing/payments, and communicate with parents in real-time. It has changed the game!

Pros

I love that Procare Support is there to help promptly whenever an issue arises. Procare has simplified billing for over 500 students!

Cons

We sometimes have issues with system processing.

CT

Casey T.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Decent basic functionality, but limited application

Serves a limited purpose, but is falling behind. We may start looking elsewhere

Pros

The system is easy to use for basic functions- child attendance, billing, child info tracking, basic reports.

Cons

Procare seems to be trying to expand functionality to different applications (Kids Report, etc). However, their core offerings are dated and have had few improvements to make them more functional. I submit requests for functionality, but few things ever change. Here are my top items to change, that would improve the system: Basic: 1. Mail merge document is terrible and incredibly limited. I should...

CP

Courtney P.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Using Kinderlime with Our After-school Program for New Americans

Using Kinderlime in our after-school program has been beneficial in the following ways: - It's allowed us to ensure that our staff to participant ratios are always met - It's allowed us to better know each and every one of our kids. We see over 120 children each week. The program allows us to more easily remember faces and names, siblings and parents! - It's given us peace of mind knowing that student...

Pros

What we like most about the program is that it allows us to connect more meaningfully with the parents of the New Americans children we serve in our programs, through the messaging features and newsletter features. It's provided our parents, who are often not invited to participate in their children's care or schooling, with an accessible way to stay engaged with their children and with our program.

Cons

So many of our parents and children are English Language Learners, and are new technology users. It would benefit our program greatly if there were more opportunity to directly engage with parents and participants through the app. Specifically, allowing us to direct and mass message and text them consistently! This is because our parents are more apt to use a texting feature over an emailing or app feature. We've found this to be the truth with our grandparents as well. Our program provdes full transportation to participants, we pick up and drop off kids at home. Having the ability to text parents a notification when their child is on the bus, or about to be picked up, would be fantastic for our logistics, parent engagement and participant safety.

AC

Amanda C.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

We are a licensed preschool and childcare facility that has used the software daily for many years.

Daily operations, accounting practices, collecting staff and student information and communication.

Pros

ProCare's versatility is extremely impressive. We use this application for students and staff alike as our sign in station and communication tool. This helps us track student and staff attendance down the day and minute which is invaluable to grant reporting, payroll and tuition reimbursements. ProCare also has many useful faucets for early childhood organizations, such as behavior tracking,...

Cons

Interfacing software with our Website and Facebook Page. We recieve a lot of traffic through these sites and we would love to be able to collect date straight to ProCare through these web resources.

Amanda ¿ We¿re glad Procare¿s versatility helps your center in so many ways. It¿s also great to see your suggestion about integrating with your center¿s website, Facebook, and similar places parents seek information. One way you can do that right now, as a Procare Cloud customer, is to place a link on your site (or anywhere you choose) for new families to register online. You can also make a link available for current families to log in, review information, choose schedules, pay online, and more at MyProcare! See: http://procaresupport.com/myprocare-overview/

Sonia K.

Media Production, 1-10 employees

Streamlining Childcare Operations with Comprehensive Management Features

Procare Solutions is a comprehensive childcare management solution that streamlines operations and simplifies administrative tasks. Despite considerations such as the pricing structure and learning curve for advanced features, the user-friendly interface, robust reporting, and automation capabilities make Procare Solutions a valuable asset for childcare centers seeking to enhance their efficiency and improve parent communication.

Pros

Procare Solutions offers a wide range of features that cover various aspects of childcare management. From attendance tracking and scheduling to billing and parent communication, the platform provides a comprehensive solution for childcare centers, making daily operations more efficient and organized.Procare Solutions automates many administrative tasks, reducing manual effort and potential errors. Features like automated attendance tracking, staff scheduling, and billing streamline processes, freeing up time for childcare providers to focus more on providing quality care to children.

Cons

While the core features of Procare Solutions are easy to navigate, mastering all the advanced features and customization options may require some learning. Centers that want to utilize the full potential of the platform may need to invest time in training and familiarizing themselves with these advanced functionalities.Although Procare Solutions offers a mobile app, some users have reported that certain features and functionalities are limited compared to the web version. This limitation can be a drawback for centers that heavily rely on mobile devices for their daily operations.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're very happy to hear that Procare has allowed you to automate so many processes at your facility and make life easier for you and your staff. In regards to your concerns about mobile app functionality, we'd love to hear any feedback you have and what sort of features you feel would improve your experience. We are continuously working to improve speed and performance for our mobile app users as well. We'd love to hear from you, please reach out to your Procare Account Manager or support team so that we learn more about how we can improve your mobile experience. Thank you!

SS

Shannon S.

Child Care Management

I feel our overall experience has been positive. We haven't had too many issues other than an occasional outage.

Pros

I like how parents can see real time updates on what their child is doing at school - diaper changes, mood, meals, naps.

Cons

I feel that when a staff person is added there should be a bare minimum of what features they can access. We inputted a new staff person and their email was incorrect so the person who received it go into our school on procare and changed the names of the classrooms and was able to see the personal information of each child.

Hello and thank you for your review. We're glad to hear that you're enjoying the ease of use with Procare and your families are seeing real-time updates on their children to give them peace of mind throughout their day. In the future, if you add any new staff members and want to limit the access they have, select "Non-Admin User" which will give them access to log into Procare and the ability to clock...

JE

Julie E.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Why choose Procare over other Childcare Management Software?

We have used Procare for over twenty years now, and love it! Have we looked into switching? Absolutely, because you always want to ensure that you are using the best product for your business. In researching other childcare management systems, there is no childcare management sytem out there that can do everything that Procare does. I have never had a negative experience with Procare either. I love the Tuition Express feature and I use Procare to process our payroll, which saves our company so much money from having to outsource this. We love Procare and wish them continued success as that helps our business' continued success!

Pros

I love how easy it is to use Procare and all of the capabilities of Procare.

Cons

I wish that Procare could be used on an Apple product. We have to use Procare desktop due to the size of our school, but there is not an option to use Procare Desktop on an apple product. I wish that Procare Cloud could be used for our size of school. There are some features not on Procare Cloud that are on Desktop and vice versa. The app.procaresoftware.com interface could use a huge overtaking as well. We have to use this on our phones being as we cannot use Procare Cloud.

EH

Erica H.

11-50 employees

We're using it more and more!

Overall it's a great software solution, and we plan to continue using it in the future. As with any product that tries to do more than one thing, not everything is done with excellence. We are learning about new features everyday, and in most cases Procare makes our jobs easier!

Pros

Procare used to be just to manage student enrollment and tuition payments. Now it's so much more! We can send messages, photos and newsletters to parents, and we control who can view them. Staff use Procare to clock in, and payroll has become so much easier! We're hoping that using staff to take student attendance will increase the accuracy of the reports.

Cons

I have two teachers who are dissatisfied with the parent messaging to the point that they decided to use a different messaging app. That is due to the fact that they have no way to tell which parents have seen a message unless that parent takes the time to send a reply. A quick reaction button would help. We also have parents (i.e. our room representatives) who want to be able to message other parents and cannot. I am not a fan of the staff messaging system - if I send a message to all staff asking who can stay late, and then a second message asking who wants to order lunch in, there is NO way for me to tell which message a staff member is replying to because each response comes individually rather than as part of a thread. None of them can see the others' replies either.