Procare Solutions Reviews

Pros

The meal tracking and tuition express are two of my favorite things about procare. I love that trainings are offered and the tech support is amazing.

Tammy U.

This product has been amazing and customer service/support has been reliable and helpful as I learned the system. The tutorials are fabulous and I would highly recommend the software.

Shannon F.

The best thing about Procare is that it is user friendly. The support website is a great tool.

Carole R.

Cons

I haven't found a software that can do it all. To switch we would be trading problems for problems.

Courtney P.

I should be able to create a licensing-compliant registration form for parents, which includes emergency contacts, allergies, medical insurance number, etc. Staff timecards are poorly designed.

Casey T.

It has been having a few glitches lately. It's very frustrating when you can't access your information because server is down.

Deborah A.

1,415 reviews

Happy to have switched to Procare for Childcare Manager!

Transcript

Franziska I.: Hi, I'm Franziska, I'm an office manager. I give Procare a five Stars. And for more reviews...

Helpful tool but could use some improvements

Transcript

Speaker 1: Hi, I'm Jenny. I'm a director at an early learning center. I would give Pro Care five out...

Great Software for Child Care Centers

We love this program. It provides us with one place to quickly find out so much information. Log-in and see total enrollment, enrollment by classes or ages. Tracks child information without searching through files or looking in multiple places. Tracks employee attendance and any other info you might want to add like: Date of Hire, schedules, vacation time accrued or used, etc. Many things a pre-programed,...

Pros

Simplicity of use. Saves paperwork. Can be used to create reports. Easily see everyone who is still in the building (children and staff members). Records many different types of information (attendance, immunizations, medicals, state required paperwork, Food Program info for the USDA CACFP, tuition fees, and other misc info.) You can program it to add user specific information such as allergies, restricted pick-up, authorized individuals for pick-up, etc. We even have a door unit that stores fingerprints of authorized individuals for pick-up and then allows the door to unlock for entry.

Cons

W e have had to replace the door unit after someone cracked the screen and someone just chipped the fingerprint reader which may need replaced (it is still working). This is the result of individual user misuse though and not an actual flaw of the program or hardware. There is an annual update fee, but it is well worth the cost for the time and paperwork it saves.

Make your job easier

I cannot imagine doing my job without Procare!

Pros

I love that it is cloud based. I can sign on anywhere to help my customers and staff. I like that all of my files are paperless. It is good for tracking when a something is coming due or is past due. It offers good reports. I like that everything is in one app. I also use the Kid Reports app for and I love that all of the data is transferred automatically.

Cons

I have been using this software since 2010 and there is always improvements that help make our job better.

Unfortunate investment of time and money

Overall I think the core and idea of procare is beneficial but ONLY if it works. Can't use a product if it is continually locking up.

Pros

This has a great foundation of ideas. Student check in/out, Employee check in/out, billings, time tracking, payroll, general ledger. Truly an all in one for a small preschool. Too good to be true for sure!

Cons

The cloud base software clearly has issues they can not fix. Our check in computers are constantly locking up since the last update in November 2019. After using the same computers and hardware for 5.5 months they ran an update and now problems. We manually key in employees and students often which is time consuming because the computers are locked up at the time parents are picking up or dropping...

Sherrie - We're very sorry to hear about on-going issues with the check-in system at your preschool. This appears to be a unique situation and we will work with you individually to resolve it. It's true that January is typically the busiest month for technical support; it can be easier to reach us later in the day (after 2:00 p.m. Pacific) or to email a request to tech@procaresoftware.com. As to training, we are happy to get you whatever help you may need. We will reach out soon to see how we can help.

So Helpful!

Overall experience is wonderful. I am very pleased with Procare Desktop

Pros

I love the convenience this software offers. It is very user friendly and helps me save so much time throughout the work week.

Cons

Sometimes we have troubles after software updates and that causes some inconvenience. I do not like having to relog back in each time I leave my computer for a bit because I am the only one in my office, but I understand the reasons behind it for security purposes.

Good Program

It's a bit expensive for a part time program like what I run, but overall I am very satisfied and hope it continues to be worth the money as they are always making updates to their program.

Pros

It's easy to use and navigate. The updates usually add another useful part to the program. I love the layout and the easy on the eyes colors. Just about everything can be customized or added to to fit our needs. The reports section has just about everything I need to run. And the check in and out process with signatures meet my license specialists needs.

Cons

The messaging system is really my biggest complaint. It is not easy to navigate or stay on top of easily. I like that everyone in the info circle gets the messages, but it’s difficult to answer a lot of parents when you have to leave incoming to check sent for each message, and check dates to make sure you are not seeing an older response. If the messages were more like a feed or email run so that...

Left Kinderlime but came back after 2 months!

It's got all the bells and whistles yet maintains a clean and uncomplicated design. We actually tried going with a competitor after issues with Stripe and dealing with Kinderlime's messaging system and came back after using the other one for 2 months. Kinderlime truly is so user friendly and if I ever have a question, I get a response within the hour. It's good to be home!

Pros

This software is so user friendly! The layout and design is easy to navigate through. The billing feature has been the greatest asset using this software.

Cons

Our biggest issues with Kinderlime have been over the messaging system. I don't like that it doesn't show the string of messages between the parents and staff. You can't see at a glance if a staff member replied to a parent's message and sometimes messages get missed and no one replies thinking someone else did. It makes us look unprofessional when we aren't sure if a message has been answered....

Everything I need, anywhere I need it.

Kinderlime has been with me since day one, from the moment I was licensed. Everything was in one place no need to have rosters and billing spreadsheets and have to enter formulas and hassle with paper sign-in sheets. It is always one of the first things I introduce parents to when they tour our home. I can't say enough great things about it. After the parents start using it they tell the family and friends about it and how they can see what the kiddo is doing, eating, learning, they truly love it. I get to share the milestones and happy faces from the daily activities in a way that it makes the time they spend on the phone all about their little one. Invoice Billing is one of the top things I love keeps me super organized.

Pros

I can access Kinderlime from my desktop, cellphone tablet. and so can my parents. It is super easy to use. It is designed to be paperless and it allows me to run my Home Daycare with ease, even when I am not in the office.

Cons

There is not much more I can ask of the features and functions of Kinderlime. I do participate in the Child Nutrition Program and I have to go to different software to enter my meals and attendance, it would be nice to integrate Kinderlime with the programs like KidKare.

Intuitive software with many valuable features

Procare was quick and easy to install, and training on how to use the program was thorough and very helpful. I use the Procare software daily to streamline tasks and make my program run more efficiently.

Pros

The Procare software makes my job as a preschool director easier and more time efficient. I can do most everything with just 1 program. Online registration is one of my favorite features.

Cons

I wish scheduling was configured differently for when parents register online. I'd like to be able to set a cap on the number of students who can register for a class on a given day and have the software disable additional registrations when a day reaches the cap. The software currently doesn't have that feature.

GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE-NO WORRIES

Over all Pro-Care service our needs and the customer service is outstanding. I worked with a customer representative [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], he was amazing and very detailed. He allowed me to ask questions and he didn't make me feel like my questions were small.

Pros

The Batch payments was one of the most helpful.

Cons

The pricing during the COVID-19 DIDN'T CHANGE.

Hi Angel, thank you for the review. We appreciate you as a Procare customer! Let us know if there's anything we can assist you with!

Procare Desktop for Procare App review

We have enjoyed it! I no longer have to walk around the school to see who is left at the end of the day! The dashboard tells me which children and staff are still logged in.

Pros

We love the dashboard ("at a glance") as well as the filter options. Parent messaging is great now that it has been privatized.

Cons

The toggle feature of "staff only" when a staff member does an incident report. That should be automatic, not something they should have to remember to touch after each report. The admin should ALWAYS know when an accident or incident happens. My staff does ok to remember, but a lot of times they don't and then we have to dig for the report to print it.

Procare Cloud

I love Procare. The slow customer service can be a pain, but it is still great. The value is immeasurable for me. Our whole childcare center runs thru Procare, it is much more than a simple data base to take the place of QuickBooks. If Procare did not exist tomorrow, I would be in a world of hurt! I spend several hours a day on it, between bookkeeping, meals, lesson plans, attendance, and more. I am not sure how a daycare operates with out it.

Pros

The cloud keeps everything updated on all our seats. That is good to know, when you log in, that the attendance and accounts are up to date. We love having pictures of kids, parents, and people allowed to pick up children, it is a great feature. The modules we have work fantastic. I have been a procare user since it was a new company, and I still think it is the best program out there for child care centers.

Cons

GROWING PAINS! I believe Procare has grown so much, that they have lost a little personal service. It can take days to get in touch with someone, and several voicemails to get a call returned. It used to not be so. I do hope they can adjust and get the great customer service back.

Hi Debbie We really appreciate your positive review! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying Procare at your child care center! We are sorry that the customer service you have experienced has been less than stellar. Someone from our team will be getting in contact with you to speak with you about what we can do to improve your experience in the future. Again, thank you for your review. We appreciate you as a customer!

We love Procare!

Overall I have a great experience! We have a large center with kids infant up to 13 years. We also are unique in that we use it for our swimming programs too. These range from 2 years old up to adults and the customer support to help us set this up was fantastic!

Pros

Procare does a lot for our center! We also love how there are additional features you can add on. It is great for tracking families, payments, and even adding activities. Overall we have had good experiences with the customer support. We also love the cloud so we can access this anywhere! The customer support is usually great as well. The people are willing to help and teach you learn more about Procare's capabilities!

Cons

Procare does a lot but some of the features are a bit updated. The texting feature isn't great. It still uses phone emails to send these and we always have problems with it working correctly. The emails are also not great. It can't be customized, images can not be added unless it is an attachment and it can only come from one email administrator unless your company uses Outlook. I also feel like the customer support overall is great but sometimes, I get someone who doesn't seem to know what he is talking about. After a long wait, this can be very frustrating.

Carpool function and Alphabetizing problem

Pros

In the two years of use of Kinderlime there have been alot of adjustments and learning of how to best use this product to meet our needs. The customer service is always very responsive even though we are in a totally different timezone. They have also sought to resolve issues as they come up as relate to our specific organization and help direct how to use things that we have trouble with.

Cons

I am reviewing two features as they are what I am currently working through in using the software. 1. We have been trying to implement the carpool feature to avoid individuals having multiple pins for different children they are picking up. The carpool feature is too difficult to monitor. When the caregiver is a parent, the next time that name is used as a carpool it must be added as a carpool...

Using Kinderlime with Our After-school Program for New Americans

Using Kinderlime in our after-school program has been beneficial in the following ways: - It's allowed us to ensure that our staff to participant ratios are always met - It's allowed us to better know each and every one of our kids. We see over 120 children each week. The program allows us to more easily remember faces and names, siblings and parents! - It's given us peace of mind knowing that student...

Pros

What we like most about the program is that it allows us to connect more meaningfully with the parents of the New Americans children we serve in our programs, through the messaging features and newsletter features. It's provided our parents, who are often not invited to participate in their children's care or schooling, with an accessible way to stay engaged with their children and with our program.

Cons

So many of our parents and children are English Language Learners, and are new technology users. It would benefit our program greatly if there were more opportunity to directly engage with parents and participants through the app. Specifically, allowing us to direct and mass message and text them consistently! This is because our parents are more apt to use a texting feature over an emailing or app feature. We've found this to be the truth with our grandparents as well. Our program provdes full transportation to participants, we pick up and drop off kids at home. Having the ability to text parents a notification when their child is on the bus, or about to be picked up, would be fantastic for our logistics, parent engagement and participant safety.

We needed HELP!

Our before- and after-school care service has realized a marked improvement in percentage of payments received due to the invoicing and statement features of Kinderlime. We are much better able to communicate about delinquent accounts and show parents and caregivers their records so that confusion or misunderstanding are eliminated and positive and cooperative customer relations are preserved.

Pros

Kinderlime allowed me and my staff to stay in real-time connection with our attendance, communications with parents and caregivers, and billing all in one platform! I am now able to keep records and communications at hand so that I provide efficient customer service to all stakeholders, including staff. I so appreciate that Kinderlime continuously improves the platform based on input from end users (like me) and always (ALWAYS) responds to requests for help or clarification before the day ends. (I am on the east coast so a time difference is expected.) Kinderlime tech support's prompt replies and interactions through the chat function have always been helpful and thoroughly clarifying. I recommend this service without hesitation or hidden concerns. You will be very satisfied!

Cons

The only challenge I have is that the theme and font colors are sometimes difficult to see. I have to angle my screen "just so" to see things well. The colors are very pleasant, though, so I wouldn't want them to change much.

Procare for Parents

Procare saves us many hours every week. We do not figure accounts or depend on spreadsheets, or even correct data entry. We do have about 5 parents that like to pay cash, but the other 50 or so families all pay with debit card or auto debit, which automatically posts to their account and updates. It helps us to look professional and current. It is also a great safety feature. Procare has a place for pictures of each child, parent, and anyone the parent authorizes to pick up their children. So we can quickly access who can pick up a child and what they look like. Everyone at my center loves Procare and it improves the quality of my business.

Pros

Our Parents are always impressed that we are set up on a computer system for checking their children in and out. They really enjoy the fingerprint option for the most part. Some of the grandparents and a few parents do not have fingerprints that can be distinguished well enough to use, but they do have the option of using a code. Being able to look at their account, pay their account, and get their receipt emailed to them is just genius. It works perfectly, and requires no time on our part at all. The only thing we do is update the accounts on Monday morning. It truly is a great program for child care centers.

Cons

I would have to say, for the parents that do have to use a code instead of a fingerprint, have to use 2 separate numbers; a code, and a pass code. They get used to it, but at first grumble a bit about it.

Procare is the best over other softwares I've tried

Collections and Tuition Express has been a blessing, almost EVERY parent Has been impressed with the idea that we can take a debit or credit card they can also login in the evenings after they've taken care of their families and pay their bill or check on tomorrow's schedule it's made our life easier. I like to work smater vs harder and thus totally fits in to with us.

Pros

I love just about everything in this software it is so efficient. Covers all my bases for the business side of things and customer service side of things. I've dealt with other softwares in my career at least 4 and this is the best. I can't see me ever changing software again. I use it for everything and there still Room to grow. I still need to learn things that I'm not using to the fullest, so I got more than my money's worth. I highly recommend that you give it a whirl. I don't think oe see anyone being disappointed. The support team there for us is truly AMAZING. THANK YOU Procare!!

Cons

Learning or trying any new software is difficult and a nightmare in itself. Y This was not a nightmare and I have more to learn and it's already doing so much for me. If that's what I like the least I'm doing really good.

Procare Review

I really like that parents are able to log into myprocare.com and view their account balance, payment history, and make a payment without my assistance. It saves me time and energy and gets us the tuition payments quickly. Overall, I have had a very positive experience. Tech support is stellar!!

Pros

It is easy to use. When I have a question or an issue, customer support is very responsive and helpful both via the phone or online chat. I really like the online wait list module that allows prospective families to contact us. It allows the prospective family to enter their information and it is automatically integrated into the client database with a few easy steps, no re-entry necessary. I also...

Cons

Creating certain reports, like a waiting list by age, can be tricky and took me some time to get set up. In a previous iteration of this software, pre V10, there was a labeled report already created that you just set date parameters of "waiting list" enrollment and voila, a waiting list was created for you. I also wish you could add a stand alone field to the client profile that designates a funding source for each client. It would help for enrollment and budgeting purposes. The only other draw back is the cost of the financial transactions, but those are inline with the rest of the retail industry. Just hard on the non-profit budget to spend money on convenience for the parents.

Top Notch

We had constant issues with our families understanding their billing and the emails they were receiving. With ProCare everything is clear, concise and I am in control of what emails are going out which has helped tremendously. Summer is our busiest time as we run a summer camp and this year has been so much easier than last year. I refer to ProCare as the "Cadillac" of child care software and it has run smoothly from the first drive off of the showroom floor.

Pros

Ease of billing for the child care services for our 120+ students.

Cons

That's tough because I really like the system. One piece I won't use is Tuition Express as I find it far too expensive (I have worked around it to keep our accounts receivable in a pre-paid status and all payments done by ACH which keeps our expenses down.)

Great software but needs some tweaking

As described above, it has many perks and we do appreciate the flexibility it has given our school. I would absolutely recommend it to other people. However, we switched from an older version of Child Care Manager and lost some basic functionality for an "upgraded" software. Those issue need to be addressed to make sure this software stays as competitive as it needs to.

Pros

It's easy to use and offers the components we need. Helped us be able to use credit cards for our families and offer online registration. Great for tracking staff hours, shot records, etc. I like that this service is cloud-based and be accessed off-site. Makes my job easier.

Cons

It's missing some common sense elements - such as allowing families to enroll and complete all data for younger siblings. We have to do it on paper and enter the information manually. It is also missing some niceties such as preprogrammed signatures on emails - when you send them many times a day, it gets frustrating having to type a 3-4 line title each time. These are just two examples, but there are many small, yet inconvenient issues like these. Seems like these types of things were overlooked and could be easily corrected. We have called customer service with numerous questions and for the items that were not offered, we explained the need for them. NO CHANGES HAVE BEEN IMPLEMENTED TO DATE. It's frustrating that customer feedback isn't a bigger priority.

It's a good product

When I call I typically get good customer service.

Pros

I like the ability to automate billing based on contracts that are setup...and reconciling payments to the accounts immediately upon payment.

Cons

- The interface for the desk product is very antiquated - I'd prefer the option to print the 'application' for my files. Currently we still use a paper form and I type everything into Procare because all of the fields and information I need isn't available online. I want a completely online registration process. - I want to capture student photos directly from procare using my laptop instead of having to import/upload photos - I want an app to communicate with parents. I currently upload all my parents to Remind and use that technology to communicate with parents. - I purchased a unit for parents to be able to sign the students in and we never got it to work properly so we are still doing a manual/paper sign in process.

Decent basic functionality, but limited application

Serves a limited purpose, but is falling behind. We may start looking elsewhere

Pros

The system is easy to use for basic functions- child attendance, billing, child info tracking, basic reports.

Cons

Procare seems to be trying to expand functionality to different applications (Kids Report, etc). However, their core offerings are dated and have had few improvements to make them more functional. I submit requests for functionality, but few things ever change. Here are my top items to change, that would improve the system: Basic: 1. Mail merge document is terrible and incredibly limited. I should...

Saving time, saves money

Overall, Procare has been amazing and provided us with prompt and effective support. We've been with them through all the different stages of software development.

Pros

It provides an attendance record that allows me to stay on top of building census. It also allows me to process tuition on just a few clicks. It works with our door strike security

Cons

The software update that was done last year did not work with the Procare interface and crashed our computer. Procare offered to send us a new video card that would fix the issue however the expense of a technician to repair it is on us. The alternative is to mail them the device and to go without a check-in station(which also allows access to our security system and unlocks the door for parents.)...

BEST INVESTMENT FOR MY PROGRAM!

Prior to Procare, my scheduling took a big chunk of my time and now it is a done in no time! I can easily track tuition, absences, immunizations, physicals, training requirements for my staff, and so much more. Previously I had to track these in Excel and they were daunting tasks but now everything is up to date and easy to access.

Pros

I have been using Procare Software for a little over two years now and I can't imagine going without it! I like that everything I need is literally wrapped up into one software program. This has been such a time saver for me for scheduling, keeping records, and every day tasks!

Cons

The cost was a big commitment in the beginning but it has been so worth it! I started out with a few of the modules that I needed to get started with the help of a grant and have added on since then. Another thing is that it does take time to learn the system but I think that is with any software and Procare has some amazing tutorial videos available as well as live webinars that have been extremely helpful.

Happy Procare User

Overall, I am very pleased and satisfied with the Procare Software. Since having the system, not only have my team and I been able to save a lot of time that was usually spent on manual entry, but we were also able to offer a convenient feature to the parents. Parents no longer have to wait to get to the front desk or call over the phone to make payments. Payments can be made via the online portal...

Pros

What I like most about the Procare software is the ease of use in regards to monthly billing. The option to set up contract billing every month is much easier and less time consuming than having to manually enter invoices as we once did. This features allows my staff and I to save time as well as ensure better accuracy as far as billing goes. Also, now we are allowed to have our customers pay via the online portal Procare offers as opposed to having to pay in person. This is a feature we didn't have prior to gaining the Procare software. Not only do we appreciate this convenience factor, but the customers we provide service for as well.

Cons

Although not a big deal- the thing I initially liked least about the Procare software was the difficulty in figuring out how to navigate through certain reports. Because there are so many options it was a bit intimidating to find out how to access the various reports offered. However, I can say that the information provided by the websites customer service and videos were helpful. I do wish that there was an easy way to transport information from one product to the next but I do understand the difficulty in allowing that option.