Adaptive Insights Reviews

4.49/5 (161 reviews)

Michael Spain

Awesome product for a great value. Takes budgeting and forecasting to a new level.

Reviewed 2017-05-01

There are several benefits from using this software. The biggest benefit is that once your initial model is built you get stability compared to doing your forecast in spreadsheets. When we used spreadsheets most of our time was spent making sure formulas were correct and that there were no bust in the model. With Adaptive, you have confidence that once you test your formulas you can add/takeaway/and modify data and your calculations will work. The other benefit is that if you have a champion and insist that new data be loaded as soon as possible you always have a good/latest view of what the company expects. By doing this forecasting becomes built into your processes and not the annual/quarterly drag that the organization dislikes. Information is kept in a nice concise format that is easy to read.The product if very adaptable. We recently went through a sell process where we were sold by a public company to a private equity firm and back to a public company within a two and half year period. Adaptive was very key to providing the analysis and financial information required for the sell process. While with the private equity firm we changed to a fiscal year but they required us to report both fiscal and calendar year numbers. We also had to push the various EBITDA adjustments back into the financial statements for comparative purposes. I also like the customer service and the fact that Adaptive pushes out a couple of major releases each year to add new functionality requested by the user community.

Anonymous

Best financial tool on the market in my opinion

Reviewed 2016-10-02

I use Adaptive as a replacement for excel in some aspects of my job. I mainly use it as month end communication to send out financial status reports pertaining to actuals vs budget vs forecast. Adaptive Discovery is one tool I utilize to aid in visualizing data in multiple ways through the use of graphs, gauges, pie charts, tables, and many more.Allows so many different ways to breakdown data. Great customer support. The respond quickly and are very knowledgeable. Easy to manage users with different access levels. Adaptive is always working to enhance or update features. The platform develops continuously, which is great for the large user base. Hosts free webinars every so often. Can be accessed from anywhere as long as you have internet access.

Nick Chrzan

Adaptive has created a tool that is easy to use and provides value almost instantly.

Reviewed 2017-08-01

I love the ease of creating a budget and the ability to quickly create a new forecast. Adaptive has created a formula wizard that is similar to excel, which makes it easy for excel based planners to easily adapt. Adaptive also has an excel interface for reporting, OfficeConnect which makes reporting even easier. They have also created an upload feature to easily maintain your hierarchy, dimensions and attributes. For a company as large as ours it makes the maintenance of the system easier. Since Adaptive is Cloud based there is no sharing excel files. I can work with anyone in my organization from anywhere and we are all able to access the same file. Since everything is housed in Adaptive we are able to collaborate easier and make better decisions.

Kathryn Leapman

Helps with filling financial gaps a lot

Reviewed 2018-12-11

I would claim everything AI offers to be satisfactory enough for me and my team, but there are some things that need to be underlined. Firstly, an ease of use and adaptability make the platform the most apposite of the kind in terms of efficiency. Secondly, there are no flaws in analyzing data concerning financial operations at all, which reflects in AI’s work by its predestination. I like the way a customer service is made in. There are not really that many opportunities to contact those who are responsible for dealing with customer dissatisfaction, but all of them work and work better than I thought. Online help is available for everyone who uses this piece of software, and this option is pretty much all that an average user may need at this point.

Tyler Hatfield

Very useful tool for any company with a decisive turnover

Reviewed 2018-12-12

With installing Adaptive Insights it has become possible to manage our budget much more effectively. We have been using AI for quite a long time now, and so far haven’t considered replacing it by anything else. This program has everything we need in work. If you need a solid assistant that would reduce the time spent on dealing with financial disorders of your organization, Adaptive Insights is exactly what you should give a chance to. I think it would be better to get familiar with some available learning materials in advance, so that there will be no need in wasting time on that in the process.

Chris Snelling

Flexible and Comprehensive Planning and Reporting

Reviewed 2016-08-01

I've been using Adaptive Planning for 4 years and at 2 employers. The software has not only improved the accuracy and accountability of our budgeting, forecasting and reporting, but has saved thousands of hours of time.The software is flexible. It can be developed and managed internally or you can work with external experts if needed. I like that the cloud software is continuously improving and developing to meet the needs of its customers. There are new releases every six months that improve its functionality based on customer needs and requests. And more importantly, all updates are done on the cloud so that there is no need for the IT department to get involved.

Claire Parriott

Amazing planning software for non-profits!

Reviewed 2016-09-02

Implementing Adaptive Insights has made me feel like a kid on Christmas morning. Every new feature or discovered capability is a wonderful gift giving me my time and sanity back. I am the only FP&A for a mid-size company. We had outgrown Excel but had a hard time finding a planning software that could handle the allocations fundamental to non-profit accounting. We found Adaptive Insights and haven't looked back. The sales team is amazing, They are not only no pressure, but extremely helpful. We wanted to make sure our entire management team would be on board with new software. AI sales came out and did a personal demonstration for us and answered all of their questions. They also introduced us to great implementation consultants to help us set the instance up.We just finished our first year of planning in Adaptive and it was easy and user-friendly. I love Adaptive and will use it throughout my career.The user-friendly interface, customization, regular updates and wealth of support and information. Reporting is also easy to use and very powerful. One of our main challenges is accurately planning and reporting our allocations. AI makes it easy.

Rob GInter

Consistency and savings through use of Adaptive Planning

Reviewed 2016-03-04

When I started in my role as Manager of FP&A with an agricultural inputs company, one of my first tasks was to move our planning and forecasting processes away from Excel workbooks. Trying to manage P&L's for 200+ retail locations and departments, combined with nearly 2,000 employees, during a high-growth period proved to be challenging, to say the least. Adaptive Planning has streamlined our planning and forecasting cycles and helped us to standardize metrics, reporting and analysis. Through the use of multiple versions, we have the ability to compare plans, forecasts and actuals across the organization. My only regret related to Adaptive Planning was the timing of our implementation. We started our implementation in late-July and finished in October, which coincided with our annual planning cycle. We survived, but I would not recommend this timeline! Pros: 1) Implementation was relatively quick (even though we implemented during our annual planning cycle). 2) Affordability compared to other SAAS and on-site alternatives. 3) Flexibility allows us to mold portions of the product to our needs. 4) Customer support is excellent and timely. 5) Tool can be maintained by Finance; IT involvement is not required for installation or maintenance. 6) Ongoing product enhancements continue to improve this product. 7) Office Connect allows for creation of templates in Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Updating with current results is a simple refresh button-click. 8) Attributes and dimensions allow for unlimited slicing/dicing of organizational data. Cons: 1) Only a single organization structure is currently available in a single-instance installation. This has caused some headaches, especially in the window of year-end close and progressing into a different organization structure in the new year. We have worked around this issue by utilizing level attributes to view our data in multiple structures. 2) The reporting side of the tool could be improved, including automating linkage to standard distribution/reporting platforms. For example, we use SharePoint for distribution of standard reports, but publishing reports from Adaptive to SharePoint is currently a manual process.

Sam Patterson

Adaptive Planning Review

Reviewed 2016-08-03

Overall we have been pleased with Adaptive Planning. We originally transitioned to Adaptive from excel based reporting due to increasing data allocation requirements. After several months of implementation we were able to start populating our weekly financial reports entirely from data exported from Adaptive. The end result has been a significant decrease in reporting time, even though we now splice our data by more dimensions than we have looked at in the past. This would not have been possible in excel, and we now have more time to analyze our information instead of being stuck in the reporting cycle.The best part of the software for me is the ability to quickly create reports based on any selected dimensions, levels, and timeframes. This is something that historically would have taken us a significant amount of time and is now done in minutes.

Ben Gibson

Great software to project us into the next level of strategic finance.

Reviewed 2016-09-13

Overall, Adaptive Insights has been a great software to work with. AI has increased the FP&A departments productivity during month end close and review by multiple days.- The software is a cloud based, so you will have access anywhere you have the internet. - No more “this worksheet is locked by another user” message. - Imports and Exports to/from excel seamlessly…for those of you that like to work out of excel. - Dashboard capabilities for more real time department metrics and visibility to spend. - Rolling forecasting capabilities that allow us as a company to focus more on the future and less on the past. - Instant Company budget/forecast results. - Audit trails…never have to worry who, what, or when someone changed a number you budgeted or forecasted. All changes will be tracked. - Company-wide visibility to Personnel and Capex planning that drives the cost of benefits, IT equipment, and supplies.

Ben Balch

Great Product

Reviewed 2016-09-15

We are going into our third budget cycle using Adaptive and it has made our process much more efficient. Prior to using Adaptive we played budget ping pong, bouncing spreadsheets back and forth and then once we landed on a final version the Finance team consolidated the numbers. Adaptive is great because you can see the impact of a change to the consolidated budget in real time. This is a great software for the Finance team as well as the budget / business managers.There are many great features including: audit trails, notes, role permissions and security, the ability to quickly create versions, great technical support, and it’s cloud based.

Jonathan Lau

Powerful software, makes life easier, business insights more accessible

Reviewed 2016-11-07

I have previous experience using Hyperion, Peoplesoft, and Microsoft Excel to create and maintain financial models. As flexible as regular spreadsheets are, it was always hard to get everybody on the same page, referencing the same numbers, using the same version. I have been using Adaptive Planning for about 1.5 years now, with about 1 year as a systems administrator for the product. FP&A has truly become simplified. This tool has saved hours upon hours every month, as well improved accuracy and timeliness of reports. This allows us to function better as a business unit, and make more proactive models and decisions. My one gripe with Adaptive is their customer support. I have had a hard time getting several issues resolved in a timely manner. Nonetheless, I would highly recommend Adaptive to anybody stuck in "spreadsheet land"--there really is a better way.One source for all models and reported numbers. Interconnected data makes it easy to see the full effect of any changes, large or small.

Brad MacDonald

Outstanding Planning and Reporting Platform

Reviewed 2016-09-27

We plan at a very granular level, and Adaptive's formulas and overall approach to modeling has made this tool a pleasure to work with. Like any new tool, it took our team a little bit of time (~3 months) of getting used to it, but this is simply a tool we can't live without now. In addition to the feature set, the customer support is outstanding. Very responsive to questions and highly knowledgeable on a variety of topics.Feature set is very strong. Customer support is among the best in the industry. Highly responsive to detailed technical questions.

Robert Scrimshaw

The software will change you life...Seriously!

Reviewed 2015-03-10
Review Source: Software Advice

This suite of products have changed the way we inform our leadership of the state of our operations each month. We no longer spend days and days preparing dry financials. Now, we are generating useful statements in seconds along with instantaneously seeing that same financial and operational data visualized in Adaptive Discovery in our interactive scorecard. The ease of use, and the level of support are the two greatest things about Adaptive.

Carrie Capstick

Improved Reporting

Reviewed 2016-10-26

Our Budgeting and Forecast process has significantly improved and can be identified through the additional value added to each of our departments through customized, timely, accurate and flexible reporting. Additionally our Financial Analysts (system end users) have increased their capacity to provide more in-depth timely analysis to the organization and their support department especially with the drill down capabilities and customizing reports. The System is easy to use, developer friendly and customizable

Gino Cacciatore

Time Saver

Reviewed 2016-10-05
Review Source: Software Advice

Although it takes some dedicated time and experience to set this product up I would say it is the top time saving piece of software I have ever used. I was able to setup our company plan with limited assistance from Adaptive. The assistance I did receive was top notch and always available with short advance notice. I opted to use a Adaptive consultant and deal with her on the phone. The product has been nothing but a time saver. It pays for itself many times over on a monthly basis. Being a startup I am constantly running new spins and versions of the budget and there is no way I could run as many scenarios using just excel. Days worth of work are reduced to hours. Like I said, it pays for itself many times over. I currently run a static budget and forecast on a monthly basis. I also run a one year rolling forecast that I will easily roll into my 2017 budget at year end. I would not hesitate to recommend this product to any of my fellow finance professionals. Easy to run scenarios. Copy the forecast and make changes as necessary. Reporting is a breeze and no problems to do all kinds of variance analysis.

Steven Fong

Adaptive Planning eval

Reviewed 2016-10-25

We use Adaptive Planning as our primary Budgeting and Forecasting system. Many of the functions are intuitive, but requires some time to get comfortable with the many functions that are available. I would not recommend the native reports, as they are difficult to generate quickly and easily without formal training. But their Office Connect add on tool is a nice enhancement to have to generate more custom reporting and also provides some degree of automation once the linked cells are set up properly.The software behaves like a specialized version of Excel, however is limited in other areas that requires data to be exported into Excel to analyze more extensively.

Isabella Zhang

Powerful budget managing tool

Reviewed 2018-12-03

I was very pleased with this tool mainly because it is very easy to use and the user does not have to spend too much time to fully understand all of its functions and features. A distinctive feature of this product is the ability to choose the method and change the planning settings throughout the process. I was very impressed with the ability of this product to adapt.

Robert Scrimshaw

Adaptive provides meaningful insight into our financial data!

Reviewed 2016-03-01

Using Adaptive is a great experience! It's easy to learn, and once you try it, you will love it. I can forecast monthly , quarterly or whenever I like. Because my operational metrics, which drive our revenues and expenses, are also in Adaptive, I feel we get closer to our actual's each month. We have simplified our monthly reporting process from 6 days, to about an hour and a half. That extra time can be used to analyze the data, which is much more rewarding than ticking and tying numbers to a report. Our dashboard is solid and tells a story for our leaders. I love it!Ease of use Speed (refreshing and processing) Automatic load of our financial data using a connector Office Connect - an excel add in that allows me to run my financials in an instant Adaptive Insights support personnel are amazing! I get a call back very quickly if I have a problem, and I don't feel like I'm being rushed when I ask other questions

Matthew Grove

Easy-to-use, finance owned, superior to Excel. This must be reviewed.

Reviewed 2016-08-15
Review Source: Software Advice

It is easy-to-use so we don't need any expensive technical people to maintain it. Our management and finance team own the entire solution. It is also very scalable from small organisations to large multinational multi-billion dollar revenue organisations. Scalable in the context of - price, performance, functionality and integration.

Tyler Rodewald

Quick results with an intuitive design

Reviewed 2018-02-09
Review Source: Software Advice

This is a very robust software, that allows a strong look into the performance of your Company. The software has changed the way we are able to analyze our business.I love the adaptability and ability to gain access to various information. It has allowed much greater access to analyzing our Key Performance Indicators.

Elizabeth Kretzer

Adaptive Insights Planning Review

Reviewed 2016-10-12

We started using AI about a year ago to get away from excel modeling and planning. AI has allowed us to created a driver-based model, implement rolling forecasts, and involve content owners from all departments in the planning process! This tool is awesome! Easy to use, easy to maintain, and the customer support is unparalled!User friendly, cheap, good customer support

georgeta precup

flow and transparency for FP&A

Reviewed 2017-02-24

I've been using Adaptive since 2011, and I am fully satisfied with the Adaptive suit. Every year they are improving and developing the suit of services and product. I might be biased but the ease of use of the platform is really what's important for me. The flow and transparency of the data is equally important. I don't think I could be as good as I am when it comes to FP&A and reporting if it wasn't for using Adaptive. everything- ease of use

Stephen Werner

AI Review

Reviewed 2016-11-15
Review Source: Software Advice

This tool enables the user easily develop (with minimal time) a nicely tailored template for what-if and Actual situational planning, forecasting and reporting of a variety of metrics. Project / performance management is assisted greatly through liberal use of intuitive dashboards and analytical tools. > Strong, secure environment - clearly developed with an appreciation of how to treat company sensitive data. > Appropriate security levels are easily established and maintained. > Cloud-based connectivity is the only way to go - AI does a nice job of leveraging this platform.

Alex Salazar

Adaptive Planning the best FP&A platform

Reviewed 2016-07-19

We implemented 20 customers using Cognos, Oracle and SAP. Adaptive was a huge discovery for us. Is an amazing solution. The best for all parties is that Adaptive is really administered for Finance people despite other software. Ease of use. Thought from Finance to Finance people