Nexonia Expenses Reviews

4.5/5 (551 reviews)

Dylan F

Expense Reports

Reviewed 2016-10-11

I can not comment on cost - as it is corporately paid for, nor can I comment on support, as when I have an issue I go to our internal team. We did get trained on the system by a representative - who was likeable and enthusiastic. Pleasant experience. Overall: I would not purchase this on my own. It is "jumpy", so when you try to navigate between columns of expenses or time sheets you often have to reselect multiple times - which really makes it slow. This also means there is the likelihood for errors and as such it seems you not only have to complete the entry but review to make sure it didn't "jump" and have an item get miscategorized. The "copy" functions which should allow you to copy the categories from week to week - don't work well either. This is tiresome as then one if forced to do everything that the copy function is supposed to assist with. I have had a few service interruptions. I did not inquire to our internal support - as the message that came up when my time sheets and expenses were lost indicated that there was an issue with your site and to please come back later. It would have been of benefit if you have provided a suggestion as to how long the site would be down, or given the option to be notified when come back. Some work was lost, which was also a pain. We have had various problems submitting information and getting items approved. These were not individual issues, but across the organization. So - I can not validate if that was NEXONIA or in part the integration with our company. The integration with AMEX is cool - but it does chose the wrong categories, so I still have to edit them. This could be a result of our team having too many sub categories. Sorry that this isn't very positive comments, but it truly looked like a good platform, but is just not client friendly.....yet :) I do not need to have this feedback posted - that is not my intent. I rather you just use the information to improve the platform. please see first section - amex integration - and it looks to have the right "thinking" behind what an app should do

Jon Davault

Welcome to the 21st Century

Reviewed 2016-09-15

Prior to Nexonia, our company was mired in the paperwork report world. Tying out receipts was a nightmare and reimbursements were delayed due to time spent traveling through the mail. We instituted Nexonia about 2 years ago and our employees love it. It is easy to use, allows for greater visibility by managers and speeds up the reimbursement time-frame. Overall, we are absolutely thrilled with our selection of Nexonia as our expense report vendor.Ease of use and tight integration with NetSuite. The fact that I can enter or remove an employee in our CRM and have it flow directly into Nexonia is a huge time saver. We rarely need to utilize the support team, but when we do they are more than happy to roll up their sleeves and take ownership of our issues.

Andrew King

A helpful tool for keeping track of project expenses!

Reviewed 2017-01-30

I like how easy it is for new users to pick up and use Nexonia. It's easy to figure out, and does a lot of the leg work for you. My favorite feature is getting an auto-generated list of expenses based on my credit card history. Before, I was manually entering the amounts for each expense, which at least doubled the time it took to log expenses. With Nexonia, every transaction on my card is automatically in the system. And I love that I can drag and drop receipt pics without having to go through an upload process. Once the receipts are online, I can link/unlink and group multiple receipts to the same expense entry, which has been very useful for the way my receipts are sometimes generated (such as different receipts for itemized segments of a single transaction). I also like that I can log expenses on the road with the mobile app. It has at times shown a delay in syncing with my online profile, but otherwise is a very useful app for tracking expenses in real time and not having to worry about coming back from a business trip with a lot of reporting to do. My only nitpick is that there does not seem to be a way to make edits to multiple expense entries at the same time. For example, if I have ten transactions for a single project, especially when they are going to be logged to the same category in that project, I have to go through and make the same drop down selections for each individual entry. I would like instead to be able to "copy/paste" the entry's profile or simply select multiple transactions and edit the elements in one window. That kind of feature would really make this software top notch, and save me even more time than the software already has. But overall I'm a big fan of the software and how it organizes and tracks our expenses.The drag-and-drop feature for receipts, auto-generated entries linked to my credit card, the option to use the mobile app, and the ability to group multiple receipts to one entry.

Rebecca Johnson

Rebecca's Review

Reviewed 2016-09-15

I manage my departments finances through this program. It is very easy to use once you learn how. I love how each person can send their receipts directly to Nexonia!I like how this software allows each person to send their receipt directly to Nexonia and the current months report. I love how easy it is to see who has what card transactions and create an entry from that or you can go to the receipt and link it to a card transaction to create the entry.

jack billig

Too many clicks. Slow attachments.

Reviewed 2016-09-15

The are entirely too many clicks required to use the product (e.g. is a comment box pop really required?). Each click takes entirely too long to process.Interface is pretty intuitive, but the subject matter is pretty basic. The Time Android App is light and simple.

Afton Holfinger

Nexonia Makes Expenses a Breeze

Reviewed 2016-09-15

Over the last three years, Nexonia has taken us from a company relying on paper reconciliations to a fully-automated paperless system. It's incredibly easy to set up reporting structures, approve and edit expenses, and keep accurate receipt records. Additionally, Nexonia integrates with QuickBooks Online so once expenses are approved, getting them into QuickBooks is just a click of the button.QBO integration. Ease of use. Everything is customizable so that you are always getting the information you need from employees regarding what the expense was for. Ability to code on the go with the app and save receipts for later makes this a great software for companies with employees who do a lot of traveling. Constant updates to the system fixing bugs and adding new features.

Mark Rose

Easy Submission of Expenses / Integration with Quickbooks

Reviewed 2016-09-15

As a end user who submits ~20 expense items per month the convenience and ease of use is unparalleled. We moved from a paper system previously that was quite cumbersome. The interface is user friendly and the all the various methods for acquiring the digital copy of the expense is great. I mainly drag and drop PDF formatted images to upload the expenses into my report and it works great every time. I also use the email feature to send expenses to my reports and it great for larger email formatted invoices. I also appreciate the fact that I can leave a report half done if I need to track down a missing invoice or receipt and it saves everything done up to that point. I also support the accounting team with the integration of Nexonia to Quickbooks - this can be a little challenging to setup but the support staff are very helpful and we have always managed to get our users setup. Ease of adding and capturing receipts. Auto balancing and the way it handles split receipts. Ability of managers to see what is in a end users account - what is outstanding or remaining to be worked on.

Kathy Plummer

Kathy Plummer - Beta Theta Pi Fraternity

Reviewed 2016-09-15

The time helps us a lot posting to different departments. It is important to for allocations at the end of each month to know where our employees are spending their time. The expenses have saved a lot of time for everyone. They can upload their receipts right away so loss of them has cut down 90%. We give them drop downs so the coding is actually done by them and more actuate.The employee's takes ownership. We can give them options to chose from so less mistakes are made. I like that after an employee finish's they submit which then takes the information into approval, by the time it gets exported into our accounting software it is correct. I like that the time and expenses are done in the same manor.

Abimbola Kolor

Nexonia has set a gold standard.

Reviewed 2018-07-01

I love Nexonia for its simplicity and the fact it is highly customizable. It is cloud-based and therefore perfect for mobile management of staff expenses in my organization.I love the approval workflow , and how Nexonia integrates seamlessly with our inhouse ERP tools. I love the quality of the mobile app. Majority of my colleagues at work have never had a cause to use Nexonia on desktop and this proves how well the smartphone app has been effective.This is great for measuring mileage for tasks and subsidized meals which we all never seem to get enough of at work. I love the quality of support Nexonia offers my organization. On every occasion ,when I have reached out to the Nexonia team , I always got to talk to an human being. This is rare for software firms who seem to always want to over automate their support structure.Therefore I will say Nexonia is setting a good standard.

Shane Stern

Expenses Branch 087

Reviewed 2016-09-15

My experience is generally positive as this process does eliminate many steps required in the past to recover expenditures.It is fast and effective and can be done from any location eliminating the need to save receipts for a long period of time.

Brook Stawski

Great product with friendly user application

Reviewed 2016-09-15

I've been using Nexonia for approximately 2 years and really enjoy how easy it has been to log expenses and categorize spending. The mobile phone applications have been extremely helpful in capturing needed receipts and categorically assigning expenses-User friendly/intuitive -Mobile phone application (receipt recording)

Joel Bialek

It Has Promise...

Reviewed 2016-09-15

There are still some inconsistencies between the mobile and desktop versions of the product. When you upload a receipt, for example, to add to a report later, you can input a memo on what the receipt was for. When it comes time to link that receipt to a Credit Card expense, for example, the memo field never auto-populates with the information you've already entered. The most frustrating thing at this point, is the fact that it takes many days, and sometimes WEEKS, for my credit card transactions to be pulled into the application. For the past few months, we have had to contact support to have those transactions pushed through, so that I can submit my expenses to accounting on time. In this day and age, that shouldn't happen.Receipt capture with my phone is my favorite part; no more holding on to paper receipts.

Would recommend Nexonia!

Reviewed 2018-08-21

Easy to use!Nexonia Expense Reports was so easy to use! If anything was difficult is was because the admin people made too many categories that were similar. It was easy to tell when the admins needed you to edit a submission and to track at what stage the report was at after submitting.

Jacob Paukovitz

A good and functional solution for expense management

Reviewed 2018-03-15

Saves us hours as month on expense management (corporate credit cards) Its not the most user friendly platform. Its definitely functional, but it will always take training.This solution has saved us hours each month collecting and organizing receipts. We've gone from taking 5 hours a week to 1 hour a week really working with credit card receipts.

Nick Hampson

Nick Hampson

Reviewed 2016-09-20

Great app. It's very easy to use personally and easy to approve other peoples expenses on the go. take picture to add item to submit expense all with the same device.

Ramin Sultanov

I love the mobile application

Reviewed 2018-05-22

I think Nexonia Expenses is already a leader in the expense management applications on the market. Till last month I didn't use its mobile app for iPhone, but later I saw it is really helpful and simple to use. And everything is working smoothly as a desktop version. It designed graphically and you can see not only your expenses and also where did you spend some amount with a map and other attached files. You can add manual spending and of course, it will calculate your expenses from credit cards.

Anonymous

The Nexonia Expense Reporting Mobile App has dramatically simplified my weekly expense reporting.

Reviewed 2018-07-27

Nexonia Expense reporting saves me time and heartache by allowing me to submit my expenses as I incur them. I am able to quickly upload all work-related receipts and never have to worry about keeping track of a pile of printed receipts again. I love that this software has a fully integrated mobile app. I use it most often when I travel for work and am able to easily submit my expense report receipts in real time. This saves me so much time and effort as I no longer have to keep up with every receipt until the end of the week.

Brittany Dickinson

Partner Review of Expense Reporting

Reviewed 2016-09-15

We love Nexonia and recommend it to our clients however, as of recently things seem to be getting less organized. For example, billings were done a month late and incorrectly. Granted, they were willing to fix it however, it just seems things have gotten a bit hectic for them. Lastly - i have been waiting months for them to fix the integration for JEs to Intacct. I haven't felt the urgency to get this issue addressed.Ease and on my phone

Robert Elliott

Review from CO

Reviewed 2016-09-15

I am an approver and a user and the tool is very useful. I do with I had an option to make the text a little bigger so I can see the Memo / Comments on the summary screen when approving reports.it is with me wherever I go.

Matt Ricketts

Fantastic service, even better customer support

Reviewed 2016-09-15

Nexonia is a fantastic app that is very straight forward and easy to use. The ability to due expense reports on the road is huge.Quick, easy, straight forward process and UI.

Richatd Deveta

Mobile app is great

Reviewed 2016-09-15

I travel 50% and found the Mobile version is by far easier than the desktop version; used on a daily basis and great to use while on the go.Quick to use Integration with camera Sync is fast Email receipts is good

Anonymous

Nexonia is so amazing to use compared to other tracking softwares I have domed

Reviewed 2018-07-27

The ability to have time tracking and expenses in one place, most of the softwares don't communicate but this make it a million times easier to navigate and operate because of that central hub

Philip Gale

Nexonia Expenses simplify my work life

Reviewed 2016-09-15

I've now got into the habit of doing my expenses daily as the mobile app is so easy and straight to use. It's saved me so much time allowing me to be more available for my clients. It's so easy and straight to use, I can almost do my expenses in my sleep

Matt McMichen

Nexonia Expense Report Review

Reviewed 2016-09-15

Nexonia's expense reporting model is great. I've had no major issues. However, there are a few items you could improve upon (namely, the user interface as noted below).Easy to use and quick.

Rebecca Shi

Nexonia Expense reports review by Rebecca Shi

Reviewed 2016-09-22

The Nexonia expense report system is user friendly, effective and efficient. The adding transation and copy previous function makes it easy to submit the work related expense as well as keep a record for the end user. The customer service is excellent too. I was requesting some training videos for managers in our organization. Nexonia training team customize three videos for us and it is highly appreciated.