Melio Reviews

User ratings

4.0

• Likelihood to recommend9.02/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

Is easy to set up, easy to use, clean and smooth for our customers, and the best it is free for our customers to send ACH.

VN

Veronica N.

It has been great overall: saves me a lot of time, great price point, and customer service has reached out to me numerous times to tell me about new functions and to check in.

George A.

You really can't beat that with a stick. It's great for paying things like Building Rent that needs a check or any other bill that does not accept cards at all.

PW

Pamela W.

That should have been a warning sign. Then I tried to send my first payment to my vendor, and when I did it said the payment failed and I needed to contact compliance, with no additional information.

JW

Jeff W.

Aggressive, Relentless Sales Tactics and Confusing User Interface.

AM

Allie M.

Terrible customer service, never heard back on 5+ emails, and the customer service rep told me to just email again.

JS

Compare both
PayPal-logocaret
listing-logo
+ 1
How would you rate Melio?

Melio changed the way we pay bills and receive payments

- Reduce waiting times for customer payments (via check) to arrive - Cash flow leverage - I can use a credit card to pay my bills - Take advantage of credit card reward programs while paying bills - No need for us to charge customers for credit card processing fees

Pros

- I can use any payment method (all major credit cards, debit cards, bank accounts) to pay my bills - Easy ACH payment implementation for paying bills - I can receive payments from customers quickly, relieving them of the need to mail checks and providing various options to pay me

Cons

- it seems that many features are still in development and not necessarily thought over yet - communication about incoming payments and their status needs to be more transparent

Amazing system

It's been great since I switched from a very bad experience.

Pros

The system is very easy to navigate and use. Help is accessible and everything on the site is well explained.

Cons

Right now the system has all the features that I need. It would be great if I could use it for personal.

A Diamond in the rough ...

Overall this platform has been a lifesaver. I'm glad I made the switch from Square.

Pros

I'm glad I discovered this platform. I had been paying an exuberant amount of fees to recieve payments from my customers. Thanks to Melio, I enjoy receiving electronic payments without the deduction of transaction fees.

Cons

I wish I could receive the payments faster. Sometimes it takes 4 to 5 days to show in my account. I also wish the notes field would be better. More space, better looking on the recipient side. Maybe invoicing is a feature Melio could add.

Melio is the best for small buisness

First of all, it's free. How is that the case? I don't know. The customer service is great--quick, easy, kind.

Pros

It's simple, and does exactly and only the thing I want it to do: Pay people! I have other software the tracks everything, just no way to pay larger sums out.

Cons

nothing. literally. it's simple and works.

Hi Kelly, thank you so much for taking the time to post such an amazing review. We are glad to hear using Melio has helped your business become more efficient and provided you with an easy to use solution - it's what we're here for! All the best, Team Melio

Complance team and Account Manager non-resposive

We need to be able to hold someone and Melio accountable when they make a mistake, when a transaction is blocked we have no way to track down the individual who blocked the transaction, determine why and resolve the issue. the lack of transparence, and responsiveness is forcing me to seek alternative platforns even though I have been happy with [SENSITIVE CONTENT], my account rep. He seem to have no authority, or visibility into other departments.

Pros

The workflow and interface are idea. If the the staff supporting the product were at the level of the software this would be a wining offering

Cons

The compliance team blocked two payments for maintance on properites the trust manages. We provided FEIN, notarised trust documents, 2021 form 1041 tax returns, copies on invoices from vendors for service on the showerhead and HVAC and all I have heard is silence. My trustee and attorney are furious and my accountant is dissapointed and researching alternatives. The property manager and I have repeatedly...

Hello Marlin, thanks for reaching out. Upon taking a look into your case, we can confirm our Compliance team notified you as of today, March 22nd that your account could not be approved as they were unable to verify your account under our criteria. Best, Team Melio

Great AP option!

Melio cuts down on the need for checks and you are able to schedule ACH payment for free.

Pros

It connects to QBO will ease. You can search for vendors or create a new one on the fly. Set parameters so the admin has to approve payments before they are scheduled. ACHs are free, unless you need it expedited. If you do not have the vendors bank details, it will send a request for them to enter it themselves.

Cons

I have not used the check feature yet, but ACHs take 3 days to process. I also have to manually record in Quickbooks desktop, as Melio only connects to QBO.

Hi Nicole, thank you for taking the time to post this review. We are delighted to hear you find Melio useful and are enjoying the features we offer. Sincerely, Team Melio

Terrible experience signing up and no response from customer service

I tried to sign up with Melio to process business payments, and went through the entire process of providing all my business information (enough to be very dangerous). I received a confirmation email that everything was complete, and I just had to verify the 2 deposits in my bank account. Then I waited, and waited, and the deposits never came. I contacted customer service by email and they wrote...

Pros

seemed to be what I needed for making business payments

Cons

Hi Julie, we are sorry to hear about your experience. Without publicly getting into the specifics, we have confirmed that our compliance team has reexamined your case and resolved the issue. Your micro-deposits should now go through so you can verify your account. We apologize for any inconvenience this incident may have caused. We will also have a member of our team reach out to you directly. Sincerely, Team Melio

Melio transformed my business billing

My overall experience with this product is awesome. My business billing and accounting became easier than ever tongues to Melio

Pros

This Product is full of good features but what I like the most are the mobile payment and invoice history.

Cons

I do recommend Melio to keep going on that way. I am so happy using this product.

The easiest way to pay vendors

Absolutely love it!

Pros

Love using this to easily pay all my vendors, track payments and of course have the flexibilty to use a credit card vs bank account as a funding option.

Cons

Improved workflow to add new vendors. Time for payment by check to get delivered.

Hi Jason, thank you for this amazing review and for your important feedback. We are glad to hear you are finding Melio to be useful and easy and that you enjoy our features and interface. We are currently working to add fast payment options, so stay tuned. All the best, Team Melio

Melio is the best

Pros

Timely results. Really inexpensive. Great software.

Cons

No bad features of the software that I encountered

Great for paying contractors

Overall it’s a great fit for our business

Pros

Ability to pay contractors as direct deposit and use a credit card to get points

Cons

Issues with payment from checking account being delayed or an instance where melio didn’t process the payment in the timeline they said they would and even after escalating to higher level still received no response

Hi Jamie, thank you for posting your review. We are very happy to hear Melio made your life easier - that was and remains our goal. We hope your issue has been resolved, but if you still require assistance, please reach out to us directly, stating your full name, company name, and the email you used to register: support@melio.com. All the best, Team Melio

Melio Payments

Pros

As a small business with inconsistent cashflow, the most important aspect of Melio's model is the pricing being either free or paid by the party being invoiced rather than a recurring fee to maintain an unused account or to ask the business to pay a portion of an invoice's value as a fee. This allows businesses to provide online Melio payment as an option but also accept a paper check for the same amount from clients who are unwilling to use a particular platform.

Cons

As a developer, I've been awaiting the announcement of a programmatic API to integrate the service into other applications (or to whitelabel the offering for our customers).

Hi Chase, thank you for taking the time to post this review. We are delighted to hear you find Melio useful and will pass your words along to our team. All the best, Team Melio

Melio Payments

Pros

I like that Melio allows me to invoice my business clients without having to absorb payment processing fees.

Cons

My biggest problem with Melio is it only works with business accounts. If I have a coaching client that isn't set up as a business, I have to invoice elsewhere.

Sorry we don't accept credit cards - has that bothered you before?

Overall it's given me the freedom, and the recipients all flexibility to make transactions fast and convenient. I also particularly like support. They are real people and treat their customers as real people. Fintech can often get caught up in the tech side, and forget that it's is still humans housing the product.

Pros

The onboarding is fast and easy. It is a direct solution and no ambiguity. The support was fantastic and has helped when needed it, and that was user error, not the platform. What I like most is that Melio gives you the flexibility that you wouldn't get in your financing and A/R flex. It's also something that has actually helped our client's more than it's helped us.

Cons

There are some limits to what you can use it for, while I understand those limits, sometimes you'll run into sites that it might not work with. Perhaps a bit more detail on the progress of transactions, and an audit trail. It's a great solution to a simple gap, doing one thing well it's hard to find faults. That said I don't use it every day.

Super Convenient

I would highly recommend using Melio to anyone considering it and who would prefer to take care of payments and billing electronically rather than the old fashioned way. Plus it is great being able to always track the trail of a payment when it's being processed.

Pros

Melio is a great service to set up bills payable and scheduling payments to different vendors. It is very useful in tracking payments processed and payments scheduled as well as keep track of vendor details. It's really nice that once you schedule a payment for a set date, you get a confirmation of the payment that has been sent out and they do it in a timely fashion and is much quicker than using the bank bill pay option as they send out checks faster.

Cons

I haven't been using the service for that long so I have not experienced any notable cons at this point

Hi Brittany, thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are very happy to hear Melio made your life easier - that was and remains our goal. All the best, Team Melio

Melio's ease of use

Pros

Melio makes payment processing easy and what makes it stand out from the rest are its price point (free) and the added credit card processing option.

Cons

In the future I want to have the ability to implement melio as an API to my existing web applications.

All startup Founders and C-level execs need to know about Melio

Exceptional. I have a relationship manager who always solves any issue that might come up, and I am thrilled these guys found me. Highly recommmend.

Pros

Melio made making payments to vendors, 1099s, partners, etc., A LOT easier for me. The interface is easy to understand, and it reads invoices well, so that you are just clicking buttons towards payments.

Cons

They need to make it so that you can pay expense reimbursements to W2 employees. I know they are working on that though.

Great, cost-effective platform to process vendor payment

Pros

Perfect integration with Quickbooks. Low cost to process payment. Simple but effective UI.

Cons

Processing time could be faster. Initial delay could be shorter.

Hi, thank you for this great review. We are very glad to hear you are enjoying Melio's user interface and QuickBooks integration. We would also like to thank you for the important feedback. We are always looking to improve and will pass your input along to the relevant teams. All the best, Team Melio

Bringing US accounts payable into the 21st century

Pros

It's insane, but businesses still mail each other checks. It feels like time travel back into the 50s. Melio makes it possible to easily do FREE ACH payments. It's crazy, that this is something special and makes them a standout in 2020, but that's the reality here in the US. Thanks for giving us the most obvious & basic functionality!!!

Cons

No cons. It's really easy and great for us.

Hi Daniel, thank you so much for this wonderful review. We are glad to hear you find Melio easy and helpful for running your business! All the best, Team Melio

Zero stars, if I could!

I used this platform as a backup for payments. The problem... they were supposed to send me an email to tell me when a payment was due being processed and I never received one. There was absolutely nowhere that I could go to cancel the payment and trying to wait on hold through their chat was painful at best. I held on for nearly two hours and when I finally got a name of someone that could potentially...

Pros

There's nothing I like about this platform.

Cons

Everything! Zero customer service, zero ability to do what needs to be done. When I actually got someone emailing me and I explained the problem, they told me to go back to their non-existent customer service.

Hi Lisa, thanks for reaching out. As we are unable to locate your case with the information provided, please reach out to our team at support@melio.com with your name, company name, and context regarding your issue and we will have someone be in touch ASAP. We would be happy to take a look into resolving this for you quickly. Thanks for your patience. Best, Team Melio

Works great, supported well, free

Very happy. I highly recommend the product.

Pros

Works with existing bank accounts, so I didn’t have to disturb existing relationships. Dependable, excellent screens and confirmations. Dedicated representative is always there to help when I need it. I used to pay my bank a monthly fee for ACH service. Melio eliminated this!

Cons

Free payments take 3 days to settle; 1-day settlement incurs a fee. Transactions are limited to Business to Business. Would like to do Business to Personal too.

Inexpensive and effective way to get paid by my clients.

Melio has been an excellent way for my clients to pay me with ease online without either of us being charged a fee. It has also been a great bill pay system for my clients. I also like that it syncs with Quickbooks Online.

Pros

I like that this was practically a free way for my clients to pay me online. It only cost my clients if they used a credit card to pay me and even then the fees were lower than any other online payment method I could find. It was easy for me and my clients to set up.

Cons

I would've liked it to allow me to pay myself (owner distribution) from the software. I also did a few referrals with my affiliate link that somehow didn't show up when the people I referred signed up.

Best!! Notifies you thru email

Notification of payments is the best about melio thru email and thru software

Pros

MELIO helps you identify the next payments to be due in time and also notifies you by email your next due bills. That is the best since a company with many vendors like ours help us to save time in making payments because, you can put all the information you need to help yourself with the identification and payments of your vendors.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about melio, I love it and I would like to continue using it.

Horrible Customer Service

I have been incredibly disappointed with Melio and will be seeking an alternative solution immediately.

Pros

The payments seemed simple. I could link our company bank account and my contracted employees could link theirs for easy ACH payment.

Cons

There customer service is AWFUL. I sent multiple emails and it was days even weeks between responses. They have no customer service number to call and if you use the chat feature they reply "It looks like you've started and email chain with ______ so I'm going to end the chat. Please reply to those emails." Even if the person hasn't responded in a week, they still expect you to go that route. My contractors did not get paychecks for almost 2 weeks AFTER I sent payment, but I could not get a response as to how to proceed. I just watched payments sit in limbo with ZERO help from Melio's customer service team. Very disappointed. Will be looking in to other apps for direct deposit to my contractors.

Hi Elizabeth, thanks for reaching out. We have been experiencing higher than normal volume which can cause a delay in response, so we thank you for your patience. Checks sent with Melio deliver to the vendor within 5-7 business days, any delay after the check is sent to the vendor's address on file is on the postal side. If a check has not been deposited by the vendor, you can contact Support to request it be reissued or refunded. Our Support team is working diligently to respond to all incoming inquiries in a timely manner. All the best, Team Melio

Small business friendly

Customer support was the game-changer, they were very helpful. I initially wasn't a fan until I realized how it helped me streamline expenses. My team travels quite a bit so that was my selling point.

Pros

It allows me to float capital and earn rewards by using my credit cards

Cons

I initially wasn't a fan during the setup process.