Melio Reviews

4.37/5 (19 reviews)

Pros
  • It’s so easy to get paid as a freelancer
  • It's easy to use and it does what it advertises.
  • Modern, ease of use, could be useful and a good idea.
  • Excellent way to pay contractors and check-only vendors with credit card
Cons
  • It’s the best Nothing I didn’t like about it.
  • Haven't had any real issues with the software.
  • Not being able to add bills in batches. Not being able to email in bills.
  • No downsides that I can think of. It would be nice to have a mobile app.
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Anonymous

Sorry we don't accept credit cards - has that bothered you before?

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2020-02-02

Overall it's given me the freedom, and the recipients all flexibility to make transactions fast and convenient. I also particularly like support. They are real people and treat their customers as real people. Fintech can often get caught up in the tech side, and forget that it's is still humans housing the product.

Pros
The onboarding is fast and easy. It is a direct solution and no ambiguity. The support was fantastic and has helped when needed it, and that was user error, not the platform. What I like most is that Melio gives you the flexibility that you wouldn't get in your financing and A/R flex. It's also something that has actually helped our client's more than it's helped us.

Cons
There are some limits to what you can use it for, while I understand those limits, sometimes you'll run into sites that it might not work with. Perhaps a bit more detail on the progress of transactions, and an audit trail. It's a great solution to a simple gap, doing one thing well it's hard to find faults. That said I don't use it every day.

Adam Linet

Melio for Wine Retailers

See above.

Pros
-ability to use credit cards to pay distributors via ACH -ability to earn triple points on Chase INK Preferred card since Melio is categorized as "shipping" for Chase. Don't mess around with this! -syncing to Quickbooks invoices -itemized credit card transactions with distributor name; easier for bookkeeper -wonderful and responsive account rep - Kristen Smart -simple interface

Cons
THINGS TO ADD: -importing vendor credits from Quickbooks to Melio -ability to partially pay an invoice -ability to sort invoices by date, vendor, due date, amount, etc. -need to clearly display which store/account I'm logged in under; I have two stores and I have to click my name in the bottom left to see which store I'm logged in under ISSUES/IMPROVEMENTS: -better communication with accounts receivable departments at vendors; a lot of companies have Melio and have no idea what it is, don't trust payment, don't tell sales reps, etc. -improve the speed of emailing of payees after payments are made; there is a lot of confusion if/when a payment is made -Code for bonus categories for AmEx and Barclays business cards -Create an Android app -Find a way for credit card payments to hit vendors' accounts at open of business next-day -offer promotions to be more competitive with Plastiq. Currently, Plastiq offers tens of thousands of dollars every month with 1% fees. They also only charge 2.5%... -Find a way to make COD payments easier or more trusted with alcohol vendors

Zane Brattan

A God Among Men

Reviewed 2020-01-29

We use Melio to send all our ACH transfers. You can quickly upload and create bills and schedule payments for whenever they are due. when you send transfers via your business debit card, they arrive to your vendors NEXT DAY! It's super easy and actually fun to use. They also have the ability to pay your vendors via credit card, so they charge your card and deliver the funds to your vendor's bank account for a small fee. It really helps us keep up with cash flow, plus the 2% back from the credit card makes the fee almost non existent. And with the direct connection to Quickbooks Online, its super easy to sync all your vendors, bills and payments, making Melio a perfect bill management application. We'd recommend it to everyone.

Pros
- Free to use - Free to send bank transfers - Low cost to send bank transfers by charging a credit card - Perfect bill management application - Gorgeous and responsive UI - Syncs directly with Quickbooks - Quick and responsive support staff

Cons
No ability to pay international vendors via credit card transactions, but no one does that so not really a loss.

Warith Miallah

Great Idea! - poorly implemented, at least by Melio

Reviewed 2020-02-04

Horrific customer support. Replies take hours. They are extremely slow, inexperienced and have no customer support interest. You are truly own your own with the platform and service. Melio also has no phone number, and eventually will stop responding.

Pros
Excellent way to pay contractors and check-only vendors with credit card

Cons
The system has many flaws, their credit card authorization platform confuses the Company address and the credit card billing address resulting in AVS mismatches when authorizing. Only work around is to change company address and card billing address to match. Melio refuses to acknowledge this issue. Also Melio's system does not have real-time CC authorization, it takes several hours.

Likelihood to recommend: 1/10

Markus Marty

Great payment tool

Reviewed 2020-01-22

I'm excited to use this new platform, the customer service team is fantastic, they immediately respond and they're quick in understanding your 'concern' and will address it accordingly. If it's a new feature idea, they'll let you know that it's been on their list but that other features may currently have priority, appreciate that honesty to not create false hope.

Pros
Ease of setting up all my vendors so they can be paid via ACH with a few clicks (for free) Upload/scan of invoices Quickbooks integration, crucial!! Customer service

Cons
I look forward when they allow me to send out a link to new vendors so they can do their own onboarding (put in their contact & bank details) so that I don't have to chase them myself and input manually.

Anonymous

Melio changed the way we pay bills and receive payments

Reviewed 2020-01-29

- Reduce waiting times for customer payments (via check) to arrive - Cash flow leverage - I can use a credit card to pay my bills - Take advantage of credit card reward programs while paying bills - No need for us to charge customers for credit card processing fees

Pros
- I can use any payment method (all major credit cards, debit cards, bank accounts) to pay my bills - Easy ACH payment implementation for paying bills - I can receive payments from customers quickly, relieving them of the need to mail checks and providing various options to pay me

Cons
- it seems that many features are still in development and not necessarily thought over yet - communication about incoming payments and their status needs to be more transparent

Christine Carvajal

A Diamond in the rough ...

Reviewed 2020-01-30

Overall this platform has been a lifesaver. I'm glad I made the switch from Square.

Pros
I'm glad I discovered this platform. I had been paying an exuberant amount of fees to recieve payments from my customers. Thanks to Melio, I enjoy receiving electronic payments without the deduction of transaction fees.

Cons
I wish I could receive the payments faster. Sometimes it takes 4 to 5 days to show in my account. I also wish the notes field would be better. More space, better looking on the recipient side. Maybe invoicing is a feature Melio could add.

Neil Sharma

All startup Founders and C-level execs need to know about Melio

Reviewed 2020-01-08

Exceptional. I have a relationship manager who always solves any issue that might come up, and I am thrilled these guys found me. Highly recommmend.

Pros
Melio made making payments to vendors, 1099s, partners, etc., A LOT easier for me. The interface is easy to understand, and it reads invoices well, so that you are just clicking buttons towards payments.

Cons
They need to make it so that you can pay expense reimbursements to W2 employees. I know they are working on that though.

ILEANA THOMAS

Best!! Notifies you thru email

Reviewed 2020-01-30

Notification of payments is the best about melio thru email and thru software

Pros
MELIO helps you identify the next payments to be due in time and also notifies you by email your next due bills. That is the best since a company with many vendors like ours help us to save time in making payments because, you can put all the information you need to help yourself with the identification and payments of your vendors.

Cons
I have nothing negative to say about melio, I love it and I would like to continue using it.

Brent Fernandes

Melio is the easiest software to use

Reviewed 2020-01-29

Pros
I love everything about Melio form how easy it is to use and the dashboard is so simple. From switching to incoming payment to seeing who you paid in a click of a button.

Cons
It’s the best Nothing I didn’t like about it.

Kyle Baizas

Good; need international payments

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2020-01-31

Pros
It is very convenient to use and the QB integration is a huge plus. I use this for Domestic transactions.

Cons
I really hope you make INTERNATIONAL payments possible really soon. I do business with vendors in China, Argentina, Bolivia, Philippines and I hope to use Melio's services to pay my vendors.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Gary Pokrandt

What an awesome software!

Reviewed 2020-01-29

This software is easy to use and I use it nearly every day.

Pros
Free to send checks! Easy to use! Syncs with my accounting software. Remembers my vendors.

Cons
Not being able to add bills in batches. Not being able to email in bills.

Allen Keys

Great Solution for Payments

Reviewed 2020-01-29

Pros
We primarily use Melio to pay vendors that we can't pay online. It works great for that purpose! Simply enter the invoice, go through the steps of setting up the payment, and it processes the payment without me having to print, stamp, and mail checks.

Cons
I wish that it would sync the address info with Quickbooks. We have to enter it in both places currently.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Eric Kline

The best and last payment software I will ever use

Reviewed 2020-01-30

Super easy to get paid as a freelancer and my clients love the options.

Pros
It’s so easy to get paid as a freelancer

Cons
No downsides that I can think of. It would be nice to have a mobile app.

Nicole Gartenberg

Great overall but could use some improvements

Reviewed 2020-01-29

I've had some slow responses in the past when transactions haven't gone through smoothly but overall I've been happy with their customer service and their service.

Pros
It's easy to use and it does what it advertises.

Cons
I don't like that the fees get lumped into one big payment. I would prefer separate bills for each transaction fee. I would also like to have the option to see when a check was deposited by the vendor (and see a copy of the check) instead of having to reach out to customer service each time.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Nate Schlabach

Needs met

Reviewed 2020-02-06

Pros
This fills the needs for us to manage our business when we're on the road.

Cons
Haven't had any real issues with the software.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Simple & Efficient

Reviewed 2020-02-11

Simple & Efficient - I cannot believe that it took that long for someone to create such a service. Very happy user and will be recommending to my other friends running small businesses.

Pros
The app was intuitive and did not require multiple layers of registration which is annoying when dealing with financial related entities

Cons
I wish that the 2.9% was cheaper. Looking for possibilities also to pay vendors who are not located in the USA.

Adrienne Lewis

Not on time

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2020-02-11

If Melio does not deliver your payments on time I don’t see how it will benefit companies.

Pros
Modern, ease of use, could be useful and a good idea.

Cons
No matter the date you choose they are late processing and will make you late on due dates.

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Daniel Anderson

Makes paying vendors and suppliers so easy!!!

Great, simply great!!!

Pros
Very easy to use user interface, was able to log right in and immediately start setting up payments. Love the options of ACH and check payments, options in my line of business are always a plus!

Cons
I would like to see our business logo on the checks, branding is important to us at all service levels.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10