MineralTree Invoice-to-Pay

Accounts payable & payment automation

MineralTree Invoice-to-Pay Reviews

Pros

They have a good, competitive product at a competitive price, and it is worth your time.

Judy K.

MT has been a great asset to our community. Overall, I would recommend this product to any company for their AP.

Ken H.

I am using MineralTree for a second company if that tells you anything. It seamlessly integrates, the customer support is fantastic, and built-in controls make my audits a breeze.

Sean D.

Peter C.

There are a lot of things that go wrong. These issues range from constant issues with synching with Quickbooks to our payee's receiving emails we have asked that they not receive.

William T.

If you have recently made changes in your Intacct account check to see when the most recent sync was. If Intacct has not yet synced to Mineral Tree the GL balance you are viewing may be wrong.

Zachariah M.

4.4

Best valued software we have added to our organization in a long time! it's so effecient

Transcript

Dustin: Hi, my name's Dustin in the healthcare industry, and I give MineralTree Invoice-to-Pay a five...

Robust product- does EVERYTHING you expect!

Pros

This is an amazing product- massively reduces manpower needed at every step of invoicing. Their OCR is fallible to error (as is all OCR) but they built a low-effort review step into the process that's usually handled by an admin who previously spent 10x more effort on invoicing, anyway. The 'best' feature of this product is a 3 way tie between: -automated workflows that automatically direct invoices to likely parties -multi stage approvals, based on your company's spending policies -payment method that lets your COO or CFO release as much/little money as they want, vendor by vendor This product integrates with QuickBooks better than others I've seen.

Cons

This is a little pricey... but still worth the money. My complaint about the cost is based on the idea that this product is so efficient, management really needs to be prepared to shed headcount to justify the cost. Obviously a company serious about their bottom line will realize the value.

MineralTree Has Streamlined and Automated Our AP

Invoice-To-Pay has definitely sped up our invoice processing and allows us to spend more time to address other job responsibilities. Having a paperless system has also allowed us to free up space in our office and cut down on lost invoices.

Pros

I love that MineralTree has allowed us to become a paperless system which also allows us to cut back on errors and missing invoices. We moved from NetSuite to MineralTree which also provided a faster way to process an invoice. With just a quick review and a few clicks the invoice is processed and ready for payment.

Cons

I don't like that the software adds purchase orders for a vendor that have been received but have nothing to do with the invoice. I also don't like that the software adds new purchase orders even if a purchase order is already assigned to the invoice.

Decent, but not great, software for accounts payable

It has been a tough transition, and our old software through SharePoint was easier to use overall, for the user and the administrator.

Pros

We switched to MineralTree for accounts payable last year, and the review process for submitting invoices to Finance is relatively seamless. The layout and functionality are two highlights.

Cons

When there are multiple approvers or budget managers involved, the software can be slow to use, and really cause delays for paying invoices. Also, editing or fixing pre-loaded invoices is not easy whatsoever.

MineralTree has assisted me by allowing me to use email less & by tracking the history of invoices.

Better time management and a faster way to get items approved so I may pay them quickly.

Pros

I like that I may use it with Intacct fairly efficiently. My emails have gone down exponentially since we added MineralTree last year. With so many people offsite, plus with certain in-house authorizers known to lose paperwork, digital was the way to go. However, by using email to send invoices and get the approvals back, I felt like all I did was babysit my A/P email all day, not to mention that I had to stalk some people who simply refused to address the emails. Now I can have most invoices sent by email to my invoice reader account, which drops into MineralTree. I can access it ASAP, or let it read it. If the vendor has one approver, that's set up too, hence cutting down a lot of time attempting to get a simple code and approve done. Truly a time saver.

Cons

There are times I get shuttled into places I didn't attempt to go to, so the system will begin filling in account codes, the wrong approver, etc. Other times I sit waiting for my screen to move, which takes away some of the efficiency I got back from moving things out of email. About 30% of the time, I have to kill the tab, sign back in, and start over. There are times it's my fault because I clicked on something too quickly, but sometimes it just "happens". Glitches are fairly frequent compared to Intacct.

Comdata cash back Increased efficiency Increased transparency cloud based operating system

Pros

Customer service is always a phone call away and willing to solve any problem that we run into. Also the software has created much needed transparency for our organization and allowed for our app process to be mobilized and no longer require executives in the office to execute. Not only does the software pay for itself we also have saved hundreds on postage!

Cons

The software has its moments where it is clunky and we are not allowed to make minor changes with completely locking or unlocking editing powers. Also it does not enable the end users to fully track their invoices with as much breath as we would hope. Then there are the little system quirks like having to constantly refresh the keys. With having multiple organizations this become quite the task when they start dropping connection. Then the other pain point would be the bathing to our GL system utilizing GP. Payment batches are delayed a day, and the invoices are all posted to one day instead of their invoice date which would be preferred. Posting at month end with two open periods is a nightmare!

Seamless AP automation

Reduced AP processing time about 80%.

Pros

Very much like that it integrates directly with our accounting system (we use Sage Intacct). We also wanted a solution with very accurate scanning / input of invoices and that directly supported multiple payment methods. We have been very happy with Mineraltree and believe it has reduced our AP proocessing time by about 80%.

Cons

Overall we have been very happy with the software. It would be nice if you could email a copy of invoice directly from application when you need to refer it to someone for a question but overall this is a minor issue.

We appreciate you taking the time to provide a review for MineralTree. 80% reduction in accounts payable processing time is an excellent endorsement to validate just how effective automation is and it's great that you have benefited from MineralTree. I would love the chance to thank you and have included my contact information here.

Helped speed up our AP Process

Pros

It has removed a lot of the manual work and allowed for a quicker more accurate process. It is also a great value for the money!

Cons

Sometimes we have syncing issues between NetSuite and the platform, but support is quick to respond.

Easy to Use, quick implementation process, and great value for the service!

Pros

Mineraltree is an easy to use interface with high powered tech behind it. It saves us multiple headcounts at a fraction of the cost while providing us accurate data quickly.

Cons

There is a lack of customisability which I view as both good and bad. While it hurts my user experience it shows a focus on creating a better overall product across all customers.

Life Saver!

Our company switched from Concur to MineralTree and this system has been a life saver. With the connector between the system and QuickBooks Online my month end process is simple now and has saved me several business days during close. You can do the math to see the monthly and then yearly savings. The image capture feature is a huge help as well when it comes to audits. Do yourself a favor and at least give them a shot.

Pros

The customer service experience is top notch, the image capture system is above and beyond, and the automatically filled out invoicing information again saves time on every invoice.

Cons

Nothing I can even think of.

Cost effective end-to-end AP automation solutions

It was very helpful to have system implemented before we went to work from home due to the COVID crisis. Were easily able to manage the invoice to pay process with employees working remotely.

Pros

Integrated very well with accouting package (Sage Intacct). We were able to get up and running quickly. Like that it is an end to end solution: invoice capture, routing and payments within one application.

Cons

Very little that we don't like. Would be helpful to be able to message and/or email staff on questions about an invoice while in application.

I have used many features of the mineraltree system and found each one user friendly.

Ease of tracking, reconciling and vendor payments

Pros

The mineraltree system seems to be ahead of most. The sync capabilities with various accounting software has made invoice paying less cumbersome. The ability to scan invoices and able to search and retrieve for verification has been eased. Our approval process is a two part and being able to simply scan, submit, verify and pay has cut down on wasted time as well as wasted money. We currently use QuickBooks...

Cons

It took some getting use to but as with any software there is a learning curve. ACH payments are the most difficult if you are syncing with Quickbooks and your bank. When a ACH payment is paid its not broken out in your banking reconciliation as to who was paid it is just an amount so if you have multiple ACH payments on the same day it is not clear who is paid what. I have learned to date my payments days apart as to not have this lump sum amount. I find it very simple now and just requires a payment date to be entered in mineraltree that separates ACH payments.

Slashing Time

We started using MineralTree hard and fast. We utilized the multiple review & approval process, the document capture and nearly every payment method possible. We saved time being able to pull documents for audit with the great search feature. This used to be time consuming searching in filing cabinets. The payment process saves time where we used to print manual checks, stuff the envelopes and then attach the bill stub to be filed. Now it is at the push of the button. So many of my vendors have commented how they appreciate the email remittance that is sent out with each payment. Then things amped-up when Invoice Automation rolled out. This cut processing time in half.

Pros

The ability to capture and retain documents for review and recovery has been a wonderful resource. Being able to streamline the review, approval, and payment process with such ease has made the accounts payable process mobile which works great with our company. Most of all the continued improvement of the software impresses me. MineralTree continues to strive to fill gaps and provided services that directly benefit the A/P process .

Cons

There is still an opportunity to solve the issue of vendors that require an additional document be included with a payment. These payments are currently still done manually outside of MineralTree.

Thanks for taking the time to review MineralTree, Kristi! Later this year you will see enhancements to our vendor remittance emails allowing you to attach additional documentation.

Great Tool To Streamline AP Invoice Entry and Payments

MineralTree has been great to work with-especially in terms of feedback. When we originally started using the software, some features were missing that we really wanted to see added, so we shared our feedback with the CS Team and our requests were answered in the next two releases. That is immensely valuable as we know that if our needs ever changed and we required the software to function in a different...

Pros

Easy to use, streamlined AP processes well, highly responsive customer service team, very collaborative and user-focused. Not a sign-up and never hear from them again kind of company - very engaged and a rarity in today's marketplace.

Cons

Would like the window pop-up for invoice entry to be larger so it fills more of the screen overall like the homepage does. Other than that, really no complaints to date.

Thanks for the review, Brooke. You'll be excited to hear that we will be enhancing the invoice screen in an upcoming feature release. Stay tuned!

Very effective and highly functional platform

I think the MineralTree product configuration is very logical, with sound separation of the different fiscal management responsibilities, vendor and invoice processing controls, and payment disciplines. In that much of our staff works remotely, MineralTree offers our multiple users an easy to navigate platform that readily allows them to focus on their part in the process for entering, approving,...

Pros

Configuration is very logical, with sound separation of the different fiscal management responsibilities, vendor and invoice processing controls, and payment disciplines. Great for remote or decentralized staffing environment Process workflow is very straightforward Thoughtfully designed in-process management tools and reporting options Customer support staff have been very prompt and thorough

Cons

May create some process flow challenges for smaller staffed organizations that may lack the staff leveling opportunity for the different authorization and approval levels built into the platform. I think this can be readily addressed in the approach you take to defining how the process flow will work within your unique operating group.

Patrick, we appreciate your review and are so happy to hear you would recommend MineralTree!

Best paperless processing

During the recent pandemic, it was a huge plus that I could still pay anyone virtually, even if the vendor required a paper check. With everyone working remotely I am able to move everything through in a timely manner without seeing a single soul.

Pros

The software was a snap to set up and use with QBO. Approvals are tracked, many less emails, and best of all there is no longer a need to file any paper records. Not seeing the stacks of filing to be done is the best feeling in the world.

Cons

There were many glitches in the beginning as the Mineral Tree team learned what was needed from our end. I still have some open issues from 2 years ago that they cannot solve, so it has become a work around on my side. Not a deal breaker. Credit memo application cannot be done within this software so that is an extra step. If we were a larger company, I would be hesitant about how much time I would have to babysit the process as there are many places where invoices could become trapped and not paid in a timely manner.

MineralTree is the go to for AP Automation

I have been using MineralTree for 2+ years and can't give them enough praise. They have been a lifesaver when it comes to Accounts Payable and have contributed to countless hours saved in automating the AP process. No company should be cutting physical checks, worry about signatures, paper documents, chasing people for approvals etc. MineralTree can handle everything from invoice capture to payment and automating everything in between.

Pros

The best part of the software is its ease of use. Setup was a breeze, and syncing is always on point. Invoice Capture is also a nice feature of the software helping assist with recurring bills that are easy to enter so we can focus on more complicated bill entry. Customer Service is incredible on the off chance there is a problem.

Cons

The biggest con I would say is its US only. If there was some way to have the software sync with our UK account as well it would be great.

Thanks, Peter! We appreciate you taking some time to review MineralTree. You'll be happy to hear that we are planning to expand support to international entities as well as support international payments.

Great product! Amazing ROI

This product has changed AP for me personally. It's such a relief to not have to manually be cutting checks or initiating ACH payments. This makes remote AP possible and saves me and my entire team a ton of time. There are also great internal controls built in to decrease accidental mistakes and block fraud.

Pros

I think the very best part of this product is the support team. They have resolved absolutely every issue I've ever had quickly, if not immediately. They are patient, friendly, smart, and fast acting! They improvise and are able to deliver quickly on big requests. 10 out of 10 stars for them!

Cons

The bill credit process needs help. I also cannot get POs in Netsuite to close after I've entered a bill in MT.

Initial Experience with MineralTree AP

I have found the MineralTree application to be very functional in providing us an automated process to capture, approve and pay our vendor invoices. It is easy to learn, setup and begin using. As with any application, there are a few user interface and feature changes we'd like to see... but it is light years ahead of our prior process. I think MineralTree will be a very efficient and cost effective solution for us.

Pros

The combination of easy capture with the approval process. Paying the invoices in addition is just a great plus. Getting all three in one solution is going to be a big help.

Cons

I think the user interface is very plain in a few areas. The "Search" screen is very crude by today's standards though it is adequate. And while I understand the need for security, for anyone who works with the application all day the 5 minute timeout is a significant inconvenience. Complex passwords, two factor authentication are all reasonable to get logged in. However, once logged in there has to be some latitude for the customer to determine that their workstation is in a secure location and that the timeout can be increased.

Mineral Tree - a refreshing work-in-progress

We started using Mineral Tree on a monthly trial basis in June. Overall they have been everything that they have promised. In addition, their customer service has been really excellent, which is a BIG selling point for us! We are still in the "infant" stages of working through kinks, but Mineral Tree has definitely reduced our processing time and expense for AP. They are indeed, what they claim to be, and are continuing to work on upgrading their product to improve both what they have now, and to add additional features that will be very useful to us in the future. I really like the way they work with you to set up the approval system for MT like we need it. They have been very nice to work with.

Pros

Their customer service first and foremost, followed by the ease of use with the product.

Cons

The features that we would really like to see are still being developed. But who is patient in this day and age of technology?? :)

Judy - Thanks so much for your review! We are excited to continue our partnership and look forward to adding additional functionality in the near future.

Mineral Tree helps streamline AP Processing for SMB

I've used Mineral Tree with two different software integrations for about 2 years now. I'm impressed with the stability and speed at which improvements and new functionality is introduced. The application provides separate approval workflows for the invoice as well as the payments. This is very valuable in the organizations that I work with as invoices are approved by the various department heads, but the payments are approved by the CFO. No other bill pay solution I've found provides this separation.

Pros

Solid internal control and separation of duties. Also speed at which new features and functionality are delivered.

Cons

Too many clicks to review the history and detail on a paid invoice.

Darla, thanks so much for your review! We're glad you love our segregation of duties functionality.

Very simple, streamlined process for paying invoices!

Saves a ton of time on AP entry and removes the need for all physical document storage.

Pros

We love the integration with Quickbooks Online! It adds the bill automatically, then matches it to the payment that comes through the bank. So much time is saved on manual entry.

Cons

There is a small period of time when you get up and running that the ACH function will take longer to hit vendor accounts (5-7 days rather than 2-3 days). Once you get over that stage, it works great.

We have been using for a couple years and are very pleased. Big time saver for payables

Pros

Low setup cost, great customer service which we have barely had to use, excellent training and updatees

Cons

Would like to see more enhancements to software/system and the ability to add documents to the system for specific vendor or inhouse use

Hi Jeff, Thank you so much for your excellent review of MineralTree. We continue to be thrilled with the results companies, like yours, have derived when they make the move to an automated AP process and clearly you are seeing an impact in the overall reduction of time.

MineralTree has been a fantastic application for our company's AP processes.

Pros

MineralTree eliminated our paper check system. The user interface is intuitive. The dual authentication process ensures system security. Invoice validation by responsible parties is quick and easy. Invoice approval by department heads, executives and board members can be done remotely. Invoice payments have short turnaround time when needed. MineralTree has made changes based on customer feedback. Integration with our accounting software has been streamlined without dual entry for AP.

Cons

The refresh process is slow when approving invoices for final payment. Viewing multiple invoices for payment could have better navigation. When paying invoices, I have to scroll to see the approvers (icon) for every invoice. Should be moved up to be visible without scrolling.

invoice to pay

Invoice to pay works pretty good with our NetSuite program. It is user friendly and easy to access, the only issue I would say is the timing in sync'ing with our ERP. We have been using the system for around a year now. Being able to access the system away from work is good. My approvers are able to approve while out of the office so this works well. I am interested in the enhanced invoice approval workflow.

Pros

I can access it from home

Cons

the timing in syncing with our erp

Thanks so much for your review, Voncellina!

Working Remotely

Pros

Mineral Tree allows the A/P process to flow flawlessly regardless of the location of my team members.

Cons

Applying a credit is tricky. I found a work-around but the feature could be improved.