TheraPlatform Logo

TheraPlatform

Cloud-based HIPAA compliant video conferencing software

TheraPlatform Reviews

4.0

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.94/10

Reviews by rating

Their help desk has been responsive within 24 hours of questions or concerns, and their FAQ/Tutorial pages are also very helpful. Thank you TheraPlatform for this great service.
Theraplatform has a great calendar, it's easy to include forms (such as consent for tele therapy, and other customizable forms), many of the organization features are excellent and easy to use.
My questions were answered quickly and clearly, and the person who helped me (Beata) was friendly, helpful and courteous.
Tech support is THE WORST. No matter the issue, it is always the users error, even when several users are all having the same problem at the same exact time.
Everyday I am having to end sessions as clients have disappeared and then wait for them to log back in via email and password. Clients struggle to understand about entering a password.

RB

Raymond B.

Speech Language Pathologist

Medical Practice, self-employed

Make the Switch to TheraPlatform

Transcript

Raymond: Hi, my name's Raymond. I'm a speech language pathologist. I own Coastline Speech Therapy where...

SB

Sarah B.

Individual & Family Services, self-employed

All in one virtual therapy package!

I absolutely love that they help submit insurance claims now! Makes running a small business much easier.

Pros

Love having my videos, notes, billing, therapy apps, fax, etc all in ONE place! Makes doing therapy and managing a practice very simple! And the customer service is very quick and helpful.

Cons

Sometimes the apps are dependent on the internet speed, particularly the interactive ones.

Thank you so much Sarah for reviewing TheraPlatform. So happy to hear that we can help your practice. Thank you !

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

its great for the price and basics!

Overall, I am very happy with theraplatform and the customer service support received. There have been a few glitches that have been irritating and I have considered looking into other platforms, but it has not been really bad to go to that extent. It is very competitive, has unlimited clients includes telehealth, and has no add-ons, which is very nice to have as an option. As the pandemic improves,...

Pros

I switched to this platform and I enjoy it very much for the following: 1) It allows you to make and customize templates for assessments, progress notes, treatment plans, everything. 2) Customer service has been extremely receptive, usually gets a response within 24 hours and not much back and forth!. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is amazing and so efficient! 3)When the claims section is accurate, it is a great...

Cons

So far I have noticed the following: 1) They recently increased their pricing by $10, at least for my needs, I don't see what was added that benefits my practice. 2) The waiting room is very basic, it is just a white screen. You have 3 backgrounds and 3 sound clips you can activate, but not the best. 3) The calendar setup can be complicated at first especially if you move the 'default' setting- I was...

Thank you for taking your time to review our software and we are happy to hear that you are satisfied with our service and features.

CW

Catherine W.

Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees

Shady business practices

Things were great for the first year until I ran into their messed up billing. They refuse to come up with a reasonable solution that does not require me to pay upfront for time I will not use.

Pros

They have standard features that are comparable to other software programs

Cons

Shady billing and poor customer support. This is the 3rd time I had issues to the point of wanting to drop them entirely (unfortunately switching software is a huge undertaking). They refuse to change my billing cycle and they way they bill requires me to pay 1.5 years for a practitioner when I only need 1 yr. Then I have to wait another year before I can get that money applied towards my account.

Hi Catherine, Thank you for your feedback!! We value your time and appreciate your business. We have been working with you for a couple of years now and to this point you complemented us how amazing our support is, and when you feel frustrated, we do too. Our team had multiple video calls with you informing you how yearly subscription works and unfortunately it is beyond our control how Stripe sets...

LS

Leigh S.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Excellent EHR for mental health.

Easy to use. The telehealth functions are flawless, the tutorials make learning easy, the price is excellent. Love it.

Pros

Ease of billing, scheduling, and claim submission. EOB come into system and are easy to find.

Cons

Doesn’t send me reminders about appointments.

Thank you so much for reviewing TheraPlatform! We'll pass your feedback to our development. Seems like another great addition we could implement.

JB

Jeanne B.

Individual & Family Services, self-employed

No live person available.. Terrible support

Wasted money and time learning a program and now switching to TherapyNotes

Pros

I like the appointment and EHR component.

Cons

In over 2 years, we have not been able to consistently bill through the program. When issues occur you can only reach someone by email or threaten to discontinue the service in order to get someone in the phone. Also, a client cannot be entered if they don’t use email.

CP

Cheryl P.

Borderline Scam

No refunds or pro-rating, despite realizing within the first day of user traffic that TheraPlatform is unable to perform properly, and also, that customer service will not offer support nor acknowledge their issues with their own system.

Pros

Marketed features ideal for therapy setting

Cons

Customer service (for me and countless other SLPs in listservs, private groups, etc) states that all issues are user issues rather than network/platform issues. I provided a screenshot of one error message that clearly stated a TheraPlatform network issue and the company responded hours later (no immediate assistance) that it was my PC. It is not. This is constant. I have to signout and back in and...

AB

Amy B.

Mental Health Care, self-employed

Very pleased with TheraPlatform!

I am very pleased, and recommend you to other therapists all the time!

Pros

The video quality is very good. Customer service is very responsive. It's a very user-friendly platform.

Cons

It took me a little while to learn how to create documents. The video tutorials helped, but it still took me a while. Now, I can edit them with ease.

ar

angelica r.

Good software

Pros

This platform is secure, and easy to learn how to navigate

Cons

Claims to secondary insurance are very challenging to complete.

Thank you Angelica for your review and we're glad you enjoy TheraPlatform! As you know we listen to our customers' feedback and make improvements and add new features every month. The secondary claim submitting went through a round of improvements but we want to hear more from you on how else we could improve it. I'll have one of our customer success expert reach out to you to gather more information from you. Thank you so much for your feedback!!

SV

Susan V.

Mental Health Care, self-employed

Great platform for therapy practice

Pros

Excellent customer service, easy interface, helpful ways to interface with clients, cost effective

Cons

Can be difficult to send a new link if client is a minor and parent isn't home to help them access the link through the portal

LM

Lori M.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Customer Service

Great customer servcie!

Pros

Set up of therapist and client accounts is super easy. We are in the beginning stages of implementing as part of our approach to Teleintervention. The customer service has been amazing! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are so helpful and respond quickly when contacted.

Cons

I have not found any issues yet, as we are in the initial stages of setting up the tool for our therapists to use

GC

Gina C.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

If you are looking to submit claims with this software and actually get paid then do NOT use this!

At first, [sensitive content hidden] was very helpful, very willing to help. But as time went on and the issues were still ongoing, this should have been escalated. After we spoke with Medicaid and received detailed documentation from them to share with Theraplatform to show that the data was not coming through as they were showing, they still put blame on Medicaid and us. The fact that they did not take responsibility for their software glitch or error is sad. And then the communication from [sensitive content hidden] and poor customer service from her is proof as to why the company is in the state it is. At least take ownership of your business and product.

Pros

Nothing. The past few months have been very stressful due to this company and poor service and product.

Cons

It states that Theraplatform can automate your billing but that is not true. Over 3 months of submitting claims to Medicaid with help from [sensitive content hidden] almost daily and still no claims approved. [sensitive content hidden] then put blame on us the user, refused to refund any money and the next day we had another charge for $1. Yes, $1… for 4 claims…maybe the claim maximum would not have not been met if you all had a clue what you were doing or how the software was clearly designed incorrectly? After 1 day with a new software, we have successfully submitted ALL claims from June on and will receive payment next week. So please do not tell me it was us the user…

Thank you for submitting your feedback and we're sorry to hear that insurance declined payments. We understand that this is a very stressful situation for you but unfortunately, we're not able to provide 9-month refund that you requested. Although we make exceptions to our refund policy, in your case our management and co-founder were not willing to provide the refund because it is beyond EHR's control...

SG

Sheryle G.

BILLING and CUSTOMER SERVICE ARE TERRIBLE

Terrible, as I need a reliable billing service since most of my clients have insurance and I am covered under multiple plans. The only satisfactory component of this platform is their virtual platform which worked fairly well most of the time.

Pros

The virtual platform works generally well.

Cons

The billing component of this software are AWFUL, at least if you use them to bill insurance companies, Medicare and/or Medicaid. There are forced codes for some companies that are wrong and cannot be edited. Muliple claims have been rejected to their using the wrong code for billing tele-health sessions. Customer service does not respond even after multiple emails and requests for assistance or notifying them of errors.

Thank you for leaving your feedback. I am not able to locate your name in our system but I will do my best to address your feedback here. Billing can be frustrating- we completely understand that and we highly recommend to schedule a video with our expert if you are new to billing and our platform. However we do not force anybody to enter the codes. CPT Codes are entered by the users and location...

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Great Software in Theory

Overall, this company attempted to blame the lack of service on the pandemic and increased traffic, but in the FB group, there were former users who and they stated the product function described was no different than before COVID19. I won't even get into how users who were on their 30-day free trial were forced into subscriptions because Theraplatform limited their access to video calls to 2 and...

Pros

Great concept! The thought of something that therapists need and the inclusion of apps is unique to a video conferencing product.

Cons

1. While in sessions the video and audio would go in and out, though all internet connections on both end were adequate. The session would immediately be transferred to another software and everything worked just fine. 2. Email reminders were often sent at incorrect times and also included incorrect meeting information (i.e. It's Tuesday and you schedule a meeting for Thursday, the reminder would...

LS

Linda S.

Happy Camper - Love Theraplatform

As I said earlier, I feel safe knowing it's HIPAA-compliant. Tutorials made a big difference in my learning curve and it's always reliable. I can use it on my phone, laptop, or desktop. I hope to learn to use more of the features moving forward.

Pros

Scheduling is so easy. I can do it on the fly if a client needs to come in or change their day. I also like that I can store clients' documentation online. A big plus is the reliability. I seldom have technical issues with the application. One of my clients sends me links to articles within the context of our session. It's a nice feature to exchange messages. Also, I feel very safe using it. I started during COVID and it took very little time to adapt. Therapltform saved my practice during the pandemic.

Cons

Seriously, it fits my needs and is only as complex as you make it. The only thing I would like to add to the platform is to also use it with EMDR. I have to switch to another product for online EMDR but overall I love the product and will use it until I retire.

Thank you so much for taking your time to review TheraPlatform! We're happy that you're happy:)

JR

Jazmin R.

Mental Health Care, self-employed

Amazing affordable software for mental health providers everything you need all in one place.

Customer service is amazing. If you email them they will respond quickly. If you have suggestions they take it into consideration. I know I have ask about certain features and within a few weeks it has been implemented. It seems like they are always working on the software to make it better at an affordable price. They have amazing quick videos to show you how to use software, they are willing to schedule an appointment to help you get started or if you just need that extra support. They also provide useful blogs. I have tried many software and this has been best one I have liked because everything is in the platform.

Pros

This software is easy, clinician and client friendly. My clients love how easy it is to access telehealth services through the portal. The video conferencing is great and it done right from the portal. It is nice to have access to the whiteboard, share resources and complete notes right in sessions if one wants to. It has different unique features that other software currently does not offer. The price is affordable for clinicians who are starting out as well as seasonal clinicians.

Cons

Creating your own forms can be troublesome at time, because if you forgot to add something you will have to move it where you want. If you created a yes or no or multi choice question you will have to create it again instead having the option to hit copy and change the question. It would also be nice to have a save button on top of the page and not only the bottom of the page. For me this is minor, but thought I would share. I would like if we were able to create waiting room not sure what the clients actually sees when they are waiting. (Some other programs offer that feature).

Thank you very much Jazmin for your review and feedback!! We highly appreciate your suggestions!! We do have a waiting room option and plan to add another feature that would allow you to customize it. Thank you again for taking your time to write this review!!!!

JC

Jo C.

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

Great for early intervention or school-age populations

We are a speech therapy and early intervention company. We have used TheraPlatform for the past 2 years with our private practice! We have used it with up to 4 therapists and for observing new therapists during COVID. We've appreciated the convenience of the service very much.

Pros

We especially have liked the apps and games to play with our older clients. On the administrative side, the automatic email invite feature when scheduling clients and making changes to appointments has been very convenient. It's simple to onboard clients and therapists when you need to add people in either category. Parents of clients have also let us know that they appreciate the email reminders. Their help desk has been responsive within 24 hours of questions or concerns, and their FAQ/Tutorial pages are also very helpful. Thank you TheraPlatform for this great service!

Cons

We have made a couple of mistakes and had to send multiple invites to the same parent, for example listing their appointment as PM instead of AM. A button before the automatic invite is sent to confirm once again the appointment details would be very handy!

KL

Karen L.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

Too Many Glitches, Not Enough Support

Very poor. I signed up for the ProPlus plan, hoping my office and co-workers could utilize what is advertised to be a HIPAA compliant, apps included, games included only therapy platform. So much of the advertised features did not work and the support was poor. I was charged a large amount of money and did not receive the services or support. I strongly recommend other platforms - this is not the only HIPAA compliant tele therapy platform.

Pros

Cons

Once connected to the internet and attempting to have client sessions, there were numerous glitches. The built-in apps were great but rarely worked or they worked for a short time then would disappear. The screen share feature never worked. After ten days of multiple emails and no ability to call or chat with someone about my specific issues, I was offered a 15-minute tech session. When I asked for my money back because the situation was never resolved, Theraplatform said they did not offer refunds and have not responded to my requests for additional information.

BH

Barbara H.

Self-employed

I am THRILLED to be able to offer this secure, interactive service delivery option to my families!

The convenience and flexibility it offers are wonderful. I work part-time and share an office with a psychologist, so teletherapy allows me to offer a very desirable therapy option to in-office therapy only. The parents love the convenience, and the kids love being able to do everything on the computer! I just love it and hope, in the not too distant future, to move my practice to teletherapy only!

Pros

The convenience is wonderful for clients and their families, as well as for myself. I am able to be more flexible in my scheduling and meet the requirements of after-school and after-work schedules because all I have to do is pop into my home office and here we go! It is SO cool and everyone loves it!

Cons

It seems to be VERY sensitive to the client's wifi strength. My signal is strong, but there is variability in the strength of my clients' signals and we sometimes lose the connection multiple times per session and/or the client can't see the apps, whiteboard, etc. on their side.

Thank you Barbara for your feedback! We recommend 3 Mbps internet connection speed but our platform runs on lower connections as well. It seems like your client might experience some interruptions to internet connection. I will ask our tech support to reach out to you to give you some tips.

JM

Jennifer M.

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SUPPORT

If I had more time to investigate or consider doing telehealth long term I’d switch to a different platform

Pros

The features that Theraplatform offer like white board, ability to upload lessons are great but the system is so glitchy that I can’t rely on it.

Cons

First the free trial was a scam- on April 1 100’s of therapists were sent a notification the free trial was ending despite it being 30 day trial- I had 21 days left. Nowhere could I find the fine print of the free trial limitations. Since it was COVID I upgraded despite the glitches. I sent concerns to customer care for glitch issues with no response. Since telehealth has 1000’s of therapists in several...

DM

Debbie M.

The best customer service

I've been using it for several years and it has worked tremendously well for me.

Pros

I love theraplatform. It's easy to use. But today I had the best customer service.[SENSITIVE CONTENT]jumped on a zoom link with me, spent quite a bit of time trouble shooting until he finally figured out the my new internet service was the root of the problem. But he got it all fixed. Great service.

Cons

Nothing. I love pretty much everything!!!

Thank you so much for leaving a review for us and we are thrilled that you love TheraPlatform! I will relate your customer service review to the person who helped you and this is going to make his day. Thank you again!!

CM

Charles M.

Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees

TheraPlatform Review

Overall, I am very pleased with the platform. Once you set up all the billing information, submitting claims is very efficient and seamless. This has reduced administrative time in the office.

Pros

The customer service is exceptional. The response rate and the willingness to help solve the problem is above and beyond. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is very respectful and always finds solutions to my issues no matter how big or small the problem may be.

Cons

The client account is linked to an email. If parents of a child (the identified client) live in different homes and do not want to share an email and password, I have to create two charts for one client. Some data will live in one chart/account and the other data with live in another chart. Sometimes my staff write notes in the wrong chart which creates billing issues.

MD

Marika D.

Amazing Integrated Platform!

Very satisfied and excited to be using this platform.

Pros

Theraplatform seems to be one of the few platforms that really is able to do it all. Although a new company, and still improving itself, it has the foundations of taking over the industry. You can do asynchronous chats, video conferencing, add forms and input forms with your client, add progress notes, create your own assessments and treatment plans, and upload attachments into your client's chart. The interactive white board and the ability to do worksheets during sessions with clients is also amazing.

Cons

I wish there was a 24 hour help line for clients so if they have tech problems they can get support. Although customer service responds very quickly, having that one on one interaction can be really helpful for me too as a someone new to the software, and overwhelmed with having to set up an online practice. Also for some reason when editing forms and worksheets, the movement of new boxes from the bottom towards placement at the top of the form is difficult.

Thank you very much Marika for your review! We are happy to hear that you find our platform useful. You can request one on one with us as well. We offer both video and phone one-on one meetings. You can request these via our build in help.

OB

Orly B.

Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees

You cant go wrong with Theraplatform

Excellent experience, great feedback from my employees, easy to use

Pros

Very user friendly, amazing customer support, and comprehensive customer platform

Cons

I think the experience for the client can improve but its really good so far

Thank you for your review and we're happy to hear that you find our platform easy to use!

DB

Dionne B.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

THERAPlatform is great for our private practice

My overall experience with THERAPlatform has been a great experience. When I have needed assistance, I was provided with the information to resolve my issue. The new feature of the waiting list is wonderful, and it is useful for our private practice.

Pros

The Therapy games and apps are perfect for our speech therapy private practice.

Cons

One feature which can be improved is having the ability to have two-way texting which allows us to text whatever client we need to.

Thank you so much for reviewing TheraPlatform! So happy to hear that you find it beneficial!!

CB

Corey B.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Excellent Continued Support!!

Pros

I have been extremely satisfied with the support that I continue to receive from theraplatform as my practice has moved from private pay to insurance based. The technical support staff continues to be wonderful in answering all of my questions thoroughly and timely.

Cons

Theraplatform has been an overall positive experience and if I have felt frustrated momentarily, the technical support staff has been there to help me problem solve.