WebPT Reviews

Jan G.

I have told them many times how pleased I am with their customer service. No matter how many times I asked for help they were happy to oblige.

Heather B.

Each time the system is updated, the features get better and better. I highly endorse this product for being fully integrated, easy to use, and affordable for any practice.

Pedro F.

Cons

So I lost a portion of my patient's chart and it cannot be reviewed and/or recovered.

WebPT Review by Physical Therapy clinic

I use WebPT daily because I get authorization for the patients that are doing Physical Therapy in our clinic. I review the notes and use the information to submit my authorization requests. We see approximately 20-30 patients a day so I'm looking over a lot of WebPT therapy notes.

Pros

It has very clear templates and it's easy to find information. The records are very easy for even a layperson to understand, but thorough enough that the insurance companies easily provide authorization for services. Even when we need to have a substitute from an agency they are able to plug the information into the note and keep to the format we are used to thanks to WebPT

Cons

I don't like that it costs money to integrate each aspect separately, we currently have an account you can't use for billing. I also can't see the calendar view so if the name of a patient is misspelled it's hard to pull up their account.

Webpt for ParkerPT

We have loved the product that is why we considered expanding services with billing. The ease of access and management of the data is great.

Pros

The best feature initial was the ability to house all medical record information in one spot. No more paper was another great benefit. This freed up so much office space helps in keeping information confidential. We don't have to worry about archival or record disposal any more. We also loves how this product was created specifically for Physical Therapy. It made setup and use so easy.

Cons

I wish billing was available when we began using and now when we looked into the process was so cumbersome and difficult to find the time to implement. We have given up. The information requested was about providing insurance company information, why can't you pull this from WebPT?? Maybe have on-boarding meeting where you collect the information to setup billing. Seemed like we were required to do all the work to setup and who has time like that when running a business. There has to be an easier way.

Very Pleased Customer

We are very pleased with WebPt. It is used all day, every day by all of our employees. The software is easy to adapt to from the very beginning. You would have to look really hard to find another software package for medical records to even come close to comparison.

Pros

the software is very easy to navigate from screen to screen. Everything you need is so neatly arranged for each patient. In the event I ever have an issue, the support team is always very eager to solve the issue and they are almost always patient and kind.

Cons

There is very little not to like about the software from WebPt. I really can't think of any thing at all to say negative about it.

WebPT destroyed a portion of my patient's medical documents

WebPT is the first EMR that I have used for my office. First of all it is not cheap and it makes me frustrated that I am not getting what I am paying for. My account is never credited if there are server issues and/or other problems that occur and are not resolved. They just give you empty promises the problems will be fixed and hope that you will eventually forget about them.

Pros

WebPT allows me to get my daily notes done in a more timely fashion and it works well with my billing company so billing is done on a daily basis.

Cons

WebPT has problems and when you call to make them aware of the problems if it is of a simple nature it will be taken care of but if it is of a difficult nature it will not be taken care of. I have reported problems to them a couple of years ago and they continue to occur and they have never been fixed. More recently they are having problems with documenting cancellations and no shows which they were...

WebPT

I used it for 3+ years during my first position as a physical therapist then again for 1+ year at another location. In total, I have used 3 different EMR systems (WebPT, Raintree, and one other that I can't remember because it was so terrible). WebPT is easily the best of the three I've used.

Pros

Clean UI and easy to navigate. Carried over useful information to make future notes easier

Cons

There tended to be a lot of drop down menus which would take time to click through though you also had the ability to just write in a comment section to summarize information

Relatively smooth sailing.

Pros

I haven't used other platforms so I can't really say but I find it very user friendly.

Cons

One of the things I like the least is the inability to delete patients. This happens when a patient books an appointment, he/she is inputted in the system and they eventually don't show and never call back. I would like to delete them but that is not possible. Same thing with any other thing, insurances, other records like lawyers, doctors, etc.

Physical Therapy Review

We've been using WebPT for 4+ years. It is so easy to access patient's medical records and to share them with their doctors and the patient themselves.

Pros

We love how easy it is to use across the board for all of our employees. Our front desk, our physical therapists, and our billing/management department.

Cons

Our only complaint would be that the copays from the patients sometimes do not transfer to our Kareo (our billing system)

great productq

Note writing has become much more efficient and organized since switching to this product

Pros

I love how it keeps track of everything you need from insurance and doctor information to notes and missed notes and billing log.

Cons

I don't like that I can't delete a note that's already finalized if I made a mistake. I would like to be able to fix that on my own without calling customer service

a flexible tool

The reports are helping us track our referral sources Adapting the content sections is helpful as we are using the system in a unique manner.

Pros

I am using the tool for my driver rehab services; selection of topics is possible for individuals Using the reports is something we are just starting to venture into as we have more patients.

Cons

limited ability to set up a custom structure which was something that sold us to this program. My time is spent doing the same tasks for each assessment. The layout of the assessment leaves disturbing spaces There seems to be inconsistent success with sending faxes

Best that is currently out there

I really enjoy using WebPT and they seem open to suggestions and changes and often update their software once they have created improvements.

Pros

I find WebPT to be the most user friendly EMR software on the market currently. Its booking features are endless with capabilities to move appointments, cancel and list the reason, delete appointments, etc.

Cons

I do not like that it is one of the few EMRs I have used that does not display who cancelled or made an appointment so we have to write our names in the notes of the appointment.

User-Friendly Scheduling Software!

Great experience overall. I have worked with WebPT for 5 years and only had an issue once on a Saturday when they were doing maintenance.

Pros

Scheduling patients is easy! I love the reports feature. You can view daily reports of patient payments, authorization reports, daily payments reports, etc. My parent's physical therapy practice has been using this software since 2012, where we have gone completely paperless! Everything is done on the computer. From the time the patient schedules the first visit, to the physical therapist writing...

Cons

Adding patients is a pain! When adding a new patient, you have to fill out ALL the information or else the patient is not saved. This is horrible while working because often times I'd be dealing with a new patient over the phone, a patient in person that wants to pay a copay, and the phone ringing on another line. While all this is happening, it would be great if I could "save my work" and go back to it later. If WebPT is worried that patients won't be added properly, then they can set up an annoying notifications system to let me know I need to finish my work. However, if a patient is not set up properly, the practice can't bill the insurance company and then we don't get paid--so trust me: we will fill out the information properly!!

WebPT review from a private outpatient practice with 3 offices

We have been using WebPT for 3 years. From implementation it has been a smooth transition and the WebPT support staff has been nothing short of amazing. The following is a breakdown of our experience: The Cons (if you can call them that): We found the flow sheet and home exercise aspect very cumbersome and not user friendly and from the get go decided to avoid it all together. For our clinic it...

Pros

see review Customer service Ease of use Innovation of company Customer service Customer service

Cons

see review Flow sheet/ home exercise program

WEBPT TOPS the EMR LIST

I was one of the original 100 members of WEBPT and I could not have advanced my practice without it, what 10 years ago? (not sure how long its been) and surely could not survive without it now. The ongoing onslaught of insurance changes, branches, etc etc., especially Medicare, PQRS, G Codes is challenging enough but would be unsurmountable without WEBPT. I love the webinars for education and the new program Rehab Nation to keep us in touch and involved. I love the store with discounted items in which believe me, I have checked around and there are some good discounts at the WEBPT STORE. I am a critics critic and expect quality and customer service, each of which I have received with WEBPT. Thank You.!

Pros

Cons

not enough to mention.

Web PT review

This system is wonderful. We love it. It's detailed and can get a little tedious but is progressively improving.

Pros

A detailed, thorough system. User friendly, once you get used to where every thing is. Can be accessed anywhere which is huge, as people prefer different forms of documentation (phone, ipad, lap top, etc.) Scheduling is easy Nice overall presentation when notes are done

Cons

Not geared as well for cash-only clinics regarding. Oftentimes we have patients pay for packages of sessions, and it's hard to divide the payments as they use up their sessions in terms of creating superbills for them. We have to manually input the charges each time, which is time consuming. Payments are located under particular cases, which is great, but a "full summary" of all payments would be appreciated...

Great EMR for outpatient occupational therapy!

Pros

This software is very intuitive and easy for therapists to learn. It has cut down on our documentation time, which is something I have heard never happens with EMRs. We have peace of mind in knowing that our Medicare and Medicaid notes are compliant as the software gives you multiple reminders of the areas to fill in. Once you get the red error messages a few times, you start to pay attention and...

Cons

We are a hand therapy clinic, so we tend to document our splinting in the custom codes section since the codes listed on their billing sheet are not what we need. There tend to be a lot of codes on the billing sheet that we would never use but at this point, there is not an option to delete(not really a huge deal). The training process was OK. The training modules were not very helpful and at...

WebPT

WebPT has alot of benefits that other software like it does not and if you are trying to decide between them I would definitely go with WebPT they have great customer service support any time you call they do their best to help with the problem.

Pros

WebPT is the easiest electronic medical records software to use it is very userfriendy and easy to train employees on. The appointment reminders are a great feature and alot of patients sign up for them and we have seen an increase of patients making appointments because of the remiders. It is nice to be able to schedule for multiple providers without having to open a new screen or change a provider like you do on many other medical software. It is easy to add a new patient or new insurance or a new provider. Scanning documents directly into a patients chart is also a time saver and a neat feature as well as being able to fax initial evaluations or progress notes to doctors for signatures from WebPT.

Cons

Somtimes the software has a glitch and deletes an appointment or moves it to a different time.

WebPT user review

WebPT is great because there is no need to purchase software, etc. WebPT is VERY labor intensive compared to other PT documentation systems. The upside is that you can count on WebPT to implement requirements into the software to help ensure compliance with Medicare, etc. I have considered leaving WebPT because it is so very time consuming to use as a documentation system. I wish it were more voice to text friendly with fewer tabs.

Pros

It incorporates regulations such as PQRS, etc.

Cons

It takes waa ay yy toooooo long to document anything. Too many tabs. A lot of redundancy. Not very voice to text compatible.

Hi Ellen, Thank you for taking the time to review us on Capterra. You mentioned wanting the ability to personalize templates, and I wanted to make sure you're familiar with the ability to create customizable templates within WebPT. The user guide for creating those custom eval profiles can be found here: https://community.webpt.com/education/user-guides/customized-initial-exam-user-guide/. I hope this helps you document faster! If you have other questions/concerns, don't hesitate to reach out to me at emily.ely@webpt.com. Thanks, Emily

Overall easy to navigate and become effecient in patient documentation.

It is appreciated when customer service reaches out to enhance our WebPT experience. It would improve the continued relationship with WebPT if a customer care/service person is designated for a clinic and can help walk each clinic through any and all particular nuance of WebPT.

Pros

For the most part easy to navigate though documentation. Once you have used WebPT for a few months you can develop an efficient system for effective notes. Thus allowing for customization for your specific needs via Smart Text. WebPT allows for detailed documentation which is so important in this day and age. In addition WebPT is follows Medicare guidelines having reminders in place for PRs, etc. Customer service has been good.

Cons

Difficulty in use of the flowsheet as point and click requires quite a bit of scrolling to get to the exercises desired. Developing own exercise flow sheet takes time. Smart texts are not pre-loaded which also takes time to develop own smart text system. Compatibility with Apple systems was limited when we first started with WebPT.

WebPT from an administrative persective

Pros

WebPT is very user friendly. All new hires pick up the program fairly quickly - both administrative personnel and Physical Therapists. WebPT appointments are color coded which is extremely helpful for scheduling. There are several reports that we use frequently in our office - payment reports, Medicare cap reports, billing reports, etc. Patient accounts hold everything that our office needs: insurance details, prescription details, authorization details, and a place to scan documents.

Cons

Our biggest con with WebPT is that there is no excellent way to make sure that our patients do not get scheduled or seen past their authorization, visit, or prescription limit. There is a dashboard but we don't find that it works well nor is it efficient. Many patients don't show up on the report in the amount of time that we need to get authorization. We wish that WebPt would flag our front desk if they are scheduling an appointment beyond a limit that we have set up.

Using WebPT in a private practice.

Once I got used to the system documenting was a breeze. I will be honest it takes time getting used to each EMR but WebPT was pretty quick. I had in down in a couple weeks. The first few weeks though were frustrating and I was not sure why we were using this new EMR, but after I became proficient I was glad we got it.

Pros

I love that the software can combine scheduling, billing, and documentation. This saved us a lot time. I really enjoy that you can load specific plans in the objective form. For example a form for a RTC tear will be very different from a TKA. So being able to make customized plans for specific diagnosis saves time and saving time documenting means you get to spend more time with each patient. Once a note is done you can easily access it for each patient that is simple and easy to read in the classic SOAP note format. I love that I can access their database from any computer with a secure login.

Cons

The software can be repetitive with some of the boxes that you need to check. I will be honest I get too many emails from them but I don't want to unsubscribe because about 2/5 are very important ones with updated information for the software.

Good for most uses

The good: the appearance is clean and the interface is functional. The fields with diagnosis, code, and other history are quite thorough. People other than rehab receive printed notes that are clear and easy to read. This professional appearance can be critical, for example, if Medicare or private insurance requests to manually review the notes to determine the appropriateness of therapy. The ICD-10...

Pros

The professional appearance. There is absolutely nothing wrong with an old-fashioned typed SOAP note and a hand-filled flowsheet, but I believe that a reviewer with a limited science or health background is more likely to feel that the therapist is professional and appropriate if the notes look modern.

Cons

The flowsheet is the least functional aspect of the software.

WebPT is the solution

WebPT has not only saved our clinic from the woes of paper charts, but provided a top-notch education to our staff in regards to best practices, changes on the healthcare scene, and how to streamline our processes and reach out to our patients in an effective way. WebPT's staff is incredible: they're not only helpful but they are engaged in their work and beaming with enthusiasm. Many other softwares...

Pros

Detail-packed features usually come at the cost of a user-friendly, clean appearance but WebPT nails this. It is so feature rich but so tidy that you don't get overwhelmed by buttons and links and fields.

Cons

NOTHING!!!!!!

Recommend!

Pros

This software is easy to use, easy to explain, and integrates well with our separate billing software. It automatically calculates the cap with associated MPPR rates which helps us keep track of the patient Medicare cap. The records are nicely formatted and you can tweek your settings to make documentation more efficient.

Cons

My biggest complaint about this product is having Medicare as a MSP. When Medicare is used secondary, it calculates the cap as if it were primary and does not allow therapists to enter the functional reporting G-Codes to their evaluations, recerts, etc. and this is an issue for our practice. We have reached out to WebPT and they could not suggest anything that would help, rather than something that would make it more confusing and our documentation less compliant. Hoping this becomes a feature in the near future as they are continually improving their software.

WebPT is so user friendly and as a front desk worker it is the number one thing I look for.

An all inclusive program that is user friendly and allows me to do my job in a timely yet professional manner.

Pros

It is extremely user friendly. Everything I need to use is easily accessible or in a logical spot. With the new update I also like the addition of the blue i's for short cuts to useful information. I use this program at least 8 hours a day and sometimes even 12 hours. If a program isn't user friendly it effects my entire job and therefore patient interaction. With WebPT it makes patient interaction timely, and therefore impresses patients, and makes them trust that we know how to help them.

Cons

If I would have to answer this question, the only thing I can think of is that when I need to call tech support it is usually due to wrong visit counts or used authorized visits. This is extremely important so that I can keep the patient informed if we are running out of insurance visits, and authorized visits ensures we get paid for our services. We have a very caring staff, but we can't give away all our services for free or we won't make it as an office.

Great Healthcare Software

Overall, WebPT has been an excellent platform for tracking patient progress and information. It is very convenient due to the fact that it is web-based and can be accessed across many devices and platforms.

Pros

I used this software as a physical therapy tech to keep notes on patients and make notes on their progress. One of the best features of WebPT is that it is web-based, so it can be accessed anywhere. It also allowed my facility to save money on computers by just using Chromebooks instead of having to buy full-fledged PCs for the clinic.

Cons

This visual interface is very basic, and the aesthetics have not been updated in quite a while. While this is just a nitpicking gripe, I would like to see a little bit of an update in the interface to make it look cleaner and more modern. This is definitely personal preference, however, and some may prefer the no-nonsense layout.