WebPT Reviews

4.35/5 (341 reviews)

Brian Hartz

WebPT review from a private outpatient practice with 3 offices

Reviewed 2016-10-17

We have been using WebPT for 3 years. From implementation it has been a smooth transition and the WebPT support staff has been nothing short of amazing. The following is a breakdown of our experience: The Cons (if you can call them that): We found the flow sheet and home exercise aspect very cumbersome and not user friendly and from the get go decided to avoid it all together. For our clinic it probably works better as we still use a 1 page written flow sheet for our daily treatments. We do not utilize our EMR while treating patients so having flow sheets may be old fashioned but still works well. When our patient is discharged we just scan the flow sheet and any home exercises given to our patients into the eDocs. In addition, we are not currently using WebPT's billing software as we started before they developed the program. We started with Kareo on WebPT's recommendation, and it has sufficed. I would say there were more growing pains with Kareo in the beginning, but now we are managing fine. I think in the not too distant future we will be looking to transition to the WebPT platform. Pros: WebPT is VERY user friendly, our staff adjusted very fast and has not only embraced the implementation but has prospered since using it. Average daily notes take 2 minutes and evaluations approximately 10 minutes. Our productivity has increased throughout our clinic as well decreasing internal errors especially with billing. WebPT is ALWAYS up to date with any changes coming to the profession from ICD10 to PQRS. In addition, I find the webinars very relevant to private practice PT. WebPT is dedicated to the PT profession as a whole and strongly supports the APTA. Customer service is paramount when implementing any EMR system and WebPT excels in this, but what is more impressive is that the outstanding customer service continues every day whether being a new customer or being 3 years in. I think what best defines a company is how it responds to a problem or error. My clinic, unfortunately, had a significant PQRS reporting problem that was 100% WebPT's error. While being frustrated with the error (and let's be honest - PQRS in general) the WebPT staff starting with Heidi Jannenga, CEO who personally called and addressed the situation, took full responsibility and made no excuses. Within 1 week we had a resolution and plan in place - are you kidding me - 1 week - amazing! As a result of that, I will always be an advocate of WebPT!see review Customer service Ease of use Innovation of company Customer service Customer service

Russ Pangborn

WEBPT TOPS the EMR LIST

Reviewed 2016-10-22

I was one of the original 100 members of WEBPT and I could not have advanced my practice without it, what 10 years ago? (not sure how long its been) and surely could not survive without it now. The ongoing onslaught of insurance changes, branches, etc etc., especially Medicare, PQRS, G Codes is challenging enough but would be unsurmountable without WEBPT. I love the webinars for education and the new program Rehab Nation to keep us in touch and involved. I love the store with discounted items in which believe me, I have checked around and there are some good discounts at the WEBPT STORE. I am a critics critic and expect quality and customer service, each of which I have received with WEBPT. Thank You.!I was one of the original 100 members of WEBPT and I could not have advanced my practice without it, what 10 years ago? (not sure how long its been) and surely could not survive without it now. The ongoing onslaught of insurance changes, branches, etc etc., especially Medicare, PQRS, G Codes is challenging enough but would be unsurmountable without WEBPT. I love the webinars for education and the new program Rehab Nation to keep us in touch and involved. I love the store with discounted items in which believe me, I have checked around and there are some good discounts at the WEBPT STORE. I am a critics critic and expect quality and customer service, each of which I have received with WEBPT. Thank You.!

Megan-Marie Delegas

Web PT review

Reviewed 2016-11-03
Review Source: Software Advice

This system is wonderful. We love it. It's detailed and can get a little tedious but is progressively improving.A detailed, thorough system. User friendly, once you get used to where every thing is. Can be accessed anywhere which is huge, as people prefer different forms of documentation (phone, ipad, lap top, etc.) Scheduling is easy Nice overall presentation when notes are done

Jean Keckhut

Great EMR for outpatient occupational therapy!

Reviewed 2015-08-14
Review Source: Software Advice

This software is very intuitive and easy for therapists to learn. It has cut down on our documentation time, which is something I have heard never happens with EMRs. We have peace of mind in knowing that our Medicare and Medicaid notes are compliant as the software gives you multiple reminders of the areas to fill in. Once you get the red error messages a few times, you start to pay attention and learn the correct way to document to avoid the errors. The ICD-10 testing feature is awesome and the ICD-10 finder tool is very easy to use when you are documenting on your patient. We were very nervous to transition to EMR, thinking it would be a nightmare. The first 3 days were semi-challenging and then we had smooth sailing. The evaluation areas have many different tests but if you don't find what you need there is always the additional comments box that is helpful for clarification.

Anonymous

Reviewed 2019-01-09

WebPT has alot of benefits that other software like it does not and if you are trying to decide between them I would definitely go with WebPT they have great customer service support any time you call they do their best to help with the problem. WebPT is the easiest electronic medical records software to use it is very userfriendy and easy to train employees on. The appointment reminders are a great feature and alot of patients sign up for them and we have seen an increase of patients making appointments because of the remiders. It is nice to be able to schedule for multiple providers without having to open a new screen or change a provider like you do on many other medical software. It is easy to add a new patient or new insurance or a new provider. Scanning documents directly into a patients chart is also a time saver and a neat feature as well as being able to fax initial evaluations or progress notes to doctors for signatures from WebPT.

Ellen Haverstick

WebPT user review

Reviewed 2016-12-26

WebPT is great because there is no need to purchase software, etc. WebPT is VERY labor intensive compared to other PT documentation systems. The upside is that you can count on WebPT to implement requirements into the software to help ensure compliance with Medicare, etc. I have considered leaving WebPT because it is so very time consuming to use as a documentation system. I wish it were more voice to text friendly with fewer tabs.It incorporates regulations such as PQRS, etc.

Roger Collins

Overall easy to navigate and become effecient in patient documentation.

Reviewed 2017-10-16
Review Source: Software Advice

It is appreciated when customer service reaches out to enhance our WebPT experience. It would improve the continued relationship with WebPT if a customer care/service person is designated for a clinic and can help walk each clinic through any and all particular nuance of WebPT.For the most part easy to navigate though documentation. Once you have used WebPT for a few months you can develop an efficient system for effective notes. Thus allowing for customization for your specific needs via Smart Text. WebPT allows for detailed documentation which is so important in this day and age. In addition WebPT is follows Medicare guidelines having reminders in place for PRs, etc. Customer service has been good.

Nicole Foss

WebPT from an administrative persective

Reviewed 2018-05-14
Review Source: Software Advice

WebPT is very user friendly. All new hires pick up the program fairly quickly - both administrative personnel and Physical Therapists. WebPT appointments are color coded which is extremely helpful for scheduling. There are several reports that we use frequently in our office - payment reports, Medicare cap reports, billing reports, etc. Patient accounts hold everything that our office needs: insurance details, prescription details, authorization details, and a place to scan documents.

Alexandra Sterling

Good for most uses

Reviewed 2016-12-10
Review Source: Software Advice

The good: the appearance is clean and the interface is functional. The fields with diagnosis, code, and other history are quite thorough. People other than rehab receive printed notes that are clear and easy to read. This professional appearance can be critical, for example, if Medicare or private insurance requests to manually review the notes to determine the appropriateness of therapy. The ICD-10 code finder for the evaluations is very helpful. The billing reports are particularly useful with ICD-10 codes visible and details of each code available when the user hovers over the codes with the mouse. The automatically generated daily notes and plan of care for evaluations are a real time-saver. The caveats: the cost-effectiveness of the software is inversely proportional to the volume of the clinic. For a small, solo practice the add-ons of billing, faxing and quality reporting are too steep. As for PQRS, well, the joke is not on me because I decided that the cost of the reporting feature would be more than any penalties I might incur by not participating. For the daily notes: the goals are pulled into every note and that can be cumbersome. The flowsheet is the weak point of the software: it is cumbersome, generating a separate flowsheet for each session instead of making a cumulative chart. The professional appearance. There is absolutely nothing wrong with an old-fashioned typed SOAP note and a hand-filled flowsheet, but I believe that a reviewer with a limited science or health background is more likely to feel that the therapist is professional and appropriate if the notes look modern.

Ashley Corso

Easy to Use

Reviewed 2019-01-10

Love how simple and easy it is to use. I can describe how to use it to anyone in minutes and because it is user-friendly, people I train learn quickly. The ability to track and monitor authorizations Ease of scheduling patients Love how we can add multiple files using “edocs” to the patients chart I like that you can make an appointment weeks and months in advance I like the multiple reports you can pull (payment, authorizations, daily reports)

Asia Giuffrida

WebPT is the solution

Reviewed 2016-10-28

WebPT has not only saved our clinic from the woes of paper charts, but provided a top-notch education to our staff in regards to best practices, changes on the healthcare scene, and how to streamline our processes and reach out to our patients in an effective way. WebPT's staff is incredible: they're not only helpful but they are engaged in their work and beaming with enthusiasm. Many other softwares are seriously lacking in one aspect or another, but WebPT is the total package, providing excellent tools for both front desk staff and clinical staff. Compliance is something we used to fear and stress over, but not anymore - WebPT has our backs with constant education, alerts and tools that let you know when to change, double-check or add something so our notes, authorizations and prescriptions are always spot-on. You really will not find a better software or support system for your clinic.Detail-packed features usually come at the cost of a user-friendly, clean appearance but WebPT nails this. It is so feature rich but so tidy that you don't get overwhelmed by buttons and links and fields.

Shirley Galloup

Recommend!

Reviewed 2018-05-18
Review Source: Software Advice

This software is easy to use, easy to explain, and integrates well with our separate billing software. It automatically calculates the cap with associated MPPR rates which helps us keep track of the patient Medicare cap. The records are nicely formatted and you can tweek your settings to make documentation more efficient.

Ashly Harnish

WebPT is so user friendly and as a front desk worker it is the number one thing I look for.

Reviewed 2017-05-08

An all inclusive program that is user friendly and allows me to do my job in a timely yet professional manner. It is extremely user friendly. Everything I need to use is easily accessible or in a logical spot. With the new update I also like the addition of the blue i's for short cuts to useful information. I use this program at least 8 hours a day and sometimes even 12 hours. If a program isn't user friendly it effects my entire job and therefore patient interaction. With WebPT it makes patient interaction timely, and therefore impresses patients, and makes them trust that we know how to help them.

Jacob Johnson

Reviewed 2016-11-17
Review Source: Software Advice

For anyone looking for a Physical Therapy Documentation software, WebPT is a good option. I am still not convinced it is the best on the market for web based software, so I am still looking for better.Keeps you compliant, built in document faxing, scheduler is designed well, web-based to work from anywhere.

Denise Hoffman

WEBPT is great for OT's

Reviewed 2016-08-04

I have had Web PT for nearly 4 years in my private pediatric occupational therapy clinic. The ease of completing notes with thorough information with the pre loaded templates of numerous assessments has been instrumental to my documentation. The ease of this EMR system and the sensitivities to use with pediatric occupational therapy for a single practitioner has been wonderful. It is efficient, effective, and the customer service has addressed any issues I have experienced the same day. I have referred other therapists to use it and they have reported the same success.It is extremely cost effective for a single practitioner to use without expensive monthly over head. I use the built in assessment and scoring often so that has been helpful.

Jeff Carter

Reviewed 2013-06-26
Review Source: Software Advice

As a physical therapist practicing for over 28 years, I have managed various PT facilites, treated in many settings, and have used many different documentation systems. I decided to open my own private practice last year and one of the best decisions I made was to use WebPT as my EMR! I researched and studied many systems and WebPT was at the head of the pack in so many ways. From compliance, to ease of use, to customer service - WebPT is outstanding! WebPT "thinks" like a therapist because it is written, updated, and supported by therapists. I have told many of my colleagues "WebPT is so intuitive." I currently have a PT student in my facility and she states WebPT is so much better than the competition. WebPT is set up to prevent the therapist from making costly compliance mistakes by preventing you from finalizing a document if it does not comply with Medicare requirements. I am truly thankful for this feature!!!! I could go on and on praising WebPT for a long time, but let me just point out a few other reasons why I think WebPT is stellar. CPT coding, PQRS, Functional Reporting are all a snap. IE, Progress Reports and DC integration of information is excellent. The faxing feature is fast and reliable. The ability to use standardized testing options is easy and comprehensive. The tests are easily correlated to functional Reporting and the G-codes. The Smart Text feature is wonderful. The technical and "Success" teams are responsive and very helpful. They are kind and take time to explain any question you have. I have and will continue to recommend WebPT to others. I have absolutely zero regrets in choosing WebPT. If you are a serious therapist who desires the ability to use excellent ready to use evaluation templates or want to create your own evaluation templates; if you are serious about compliance and about capturing all the revenue you have earned in treating your patients; if you want to be proud of your EMR system and of the company that operates, updates, and maintains the system - then choose WebPT as your EMR provider. You will not regret your decision!!

Brian Hartz

WebPT has made the transition to EMR easy and successful.

Reviewed 2018-01-07
Review Source: Software Advice

Clinical ease of use, efficient documentation, excellent customer service; owner and company is 100% dedicated to the field of PT and supports the APTA, PPS, PAC which is very important to me; Love the initiation of Rehab Nation to try and get WebPT users engaged and to learn from each other; a very Proactive company, Lots of great online material - blogs, webinars, etc.

Heather Hackworth

WebPT has made scheduling, documentation and billing so much easier!! We perform better with WebPT.

Reviewed 2017-09-25

My job is easier to manage and our company is able to be more productive.I love that WebPT allows customization of so many areas so we can make it work best for us - we are not stuck with a one size fits all approach. We select what color / style appointments show up in to reflect what payer type or appointment type is scheduled. We can bulk edit the schedule to make it fit our therapists availability. They have an agreement with Kareo so our billing flows over easily. I also love the reports to keep good tabs on what we are doing and how things are processing.

Chris Boyce

Good option for the price

Reviewed 2017-02-16
Review Source: Software Advice

Overall the software is decent. I feel there are some areas they could improve, but based on the availability of other software (specific to rehabilitation) this is the best option for the price with no contract and unlimited free upgrades. They have awesome customer service! They keep their software up to date and are constantly making changes to improving their system. They have awesome provider & biller education articles, keeping me up to date with current industry requirements.

Pedro Flores

Reviewed 2013-03-15
Review Source: Software Advice

Therapy Pros is a multispecialty outpatient rehab clinic located in California. Our facility provides PT, Speech Therapy and Cardiopulmonary Rehab. We've been using WebPT for 7 months now and we love it! Like many late adopters of EMR, our staff was apprehensive at first. However, this quickly transitioned to curiosity and eventually excitement after the first training, which WebPT provides at no additional charge. WebPT is designed to follow SOAP note logic with the initial evaluation, progress reports, care plans, and daily notes. Although intuitive for any rehabilitation provider, this system is E X P A N S I V E, which means you can add as many special tests, parameters, and free text as your mind can imagine. This can be overwhelming at first (and time consuming), but I tell my staff to make the system work for them, not work for it. WebPT curtails this by allowing for customizable initial evaluation templates, which definitely save time. Daily notes are a piece of cake! In addition to the clinical profiles, WebPT has a practice management profile, which we couldn't live without. The features include scheduling, referral tracking, appointment reminders, productivity, and tracking of authorizations (which reminds the therapist of when a PR is due). These features have made our front office staff more efficient by eliminating paper and calendar methods of tracking referrals, certification periods, etc. Our PT aides have begun to use the integrated flow-sheet function and they prefer it to the old paper flow-sheet, which we've now eliminated. They use an iPad and a laptop, which makes toggling from one patient to another fairly easy. Our PTs prefer to do all of their documentation on iPads over laptops or PCs. In summary, while no system is perfect, this is definitely tailored to the needs of rehabilitation professional. Each time the system is updated, the features get better and better. I highly endorse this product for being fully integrated, easy to use, and affordable for any practice!

Emily Craigen

I couldn't be more impressed!

Reviewed 2017-03-04

I have been using WebPT for just shy of 1 year now and I honeslty couldn't be more impressed with this platform! Not only does it provide you with a fantastic web based documentation system but the Marketplace will also provide you with a way to purchase awesome rehab equipment and supplies at a great discount compared to other avenues of purchasing! I've had great experiences with the company as far as customer service goes too! There is always a very prompt response to any of my questions or concerns and I feel like there is always someone at the corporate office for WebPT that has my back! A truly great platform for any physical therapy clinic!Fantastic web based platform for documentation--easy access from anywhere! Easy to navigate and customize to make your documentation faster while still keeping it compliant.

Dan Britt

Administration

Reviewed 2017-11-06
Review Source: Software Advice

From a therapist prospective, it is easy to use but there are cons.Therapists say it is easy to use. You may scan documents into the program for storage which is helpful. The ability to have a 'comment section' that therapist see when seeing a patient is nice. You can put a unique comment regarding the payer here such as X insurance does not allow X treatment

Kristin Collins

Reviewed 2013-11-06
Review Source: Software Advice

I work for a small, privately owned outpatient practice with three clinic sites. We recently began using WebPT. Over the course of my schooling and employment, I have used approximately six or seven different EMR programs. Overall, I would rate WebPT in the top three or four of those programs. They are doing a number of things right, but leave much to be desired. I think WebPT's biggest downfall is its lack of efficiency, which, at times, is costing our clinicians valuable treatment time with our patients. There are a number of extra steps that one must take in order to complete documentation on initial evaluations, flowsheets, and home exercise programs. Below are a list of some of the problems we have experienced along with suggestions for improvement. 1. When creating IE templates, we are currently unable to view the details of the tabs we are selecting. If the details of selected tabs end up being different than expected, we must later go back and modify the template after we perform the eval. To fix this, enable viewing of IE tab details when creating templates. 2. When entering diagnosis codes, the search bar does not always register keywords, making it difficult to quickly find appropriate diagnosis codes. To fix this, improve search capability in the diagnosis code box. (e.g. - enter keyword "shoulder" and all diagnoses with "shoulder" pop up). 3. We have experienced issues with notes not saving (or not formatting into a PDF document) due to using symbols (e.g. - &, #, *, /, -) in our documentation. To fix this, enable the use of symbols without need for extra spacing to improve efficiency of use for clinicians. 4. It is difficult and time-consuming to find specific exercises in the flowsheet and home exercise program due to the search bar requiring a very specific order/combination of words. Improve search capability in flowsheet and HEP (e.g. - enter keywords "shoulder AAROM" and all exercises with those words in no particular order should pop up). If WebPT is unable to do this, then at the very least provide a paper copy of exercises with their titles (in categorical or alphabetical order) to clinics for use as a quick reference. 5. When you are able to find exercises in the HEP, the results page requires you click a tab to see the remaining exercises. To fix this, get rid of the "see more results" box in the HEP, and simply have all exercises appear on one page. 6. The flowsheet and HEP do not link to one another. If they did, developing a HEP would be much more efficient. We are currently doing twice the work when we have to search for exercises in the HEP after we already listed them in the flowsheet. (As discussed in #4, this is a time consuming process). To fix this, provide an option/tab to carry exercises from the flowsheet to the HEP. Also, enable a feature to view exercises in the flowsheet before selecting them (to ensure we are ultimately selecting the exercises we want on patients' HEPs). 7. We are currently unable to share HEP templates with other clinicians unless each clinician searches through other therapist's patient records to find a previously created HEP template. This is impractical and inefficient. To fix this, provide an option for us to create HEP templates that may be shared by all clinicians. (e.g. - an option similar to the public IE templates). 8. There is currently no option to add photos of customized exercises that are not found on WebPT. To fix this, add an option for us to upload our own photos for use in our HEPs. 9. When adding exercises to flowsheets, they do not stay in a consistent order. Therefore, clinicians end up scrolling up/down the flowsheet repeatedly to find the exercise that was added. Furthermore, after we order exercises they fall out of order if we then add further exercises. To fix this, default placement of exercises to the bottom of the flowsheet when they are added in order to improve organization and efficiency . 10. If autosave is on when the flowsheet is previewed (but not finalized), it duplicates the charges for the same date of service when we attempt to add further exercises. Therefore, we must go through and delete each exercise for one date of service before finalizing the document in order to avoid doubling exercise minutes. To fix this, enable us to preview flowsheets without incurring changes to them.

Matt Swift

Reviewed 2013-03-27
Review Source: Software Advice

Change Sports Physical Therapy is in Huntington Beach, CA. I am a solo practitioner at the moment. WebPT has enabled my small operation to be backed by a bigger system. I have been using WebPT for a couple years now. I realy enjoy using it. I've used other EMRs in the past and they were very cumbersome- filled with meaningless checkboxes which you had to navigate through. I love WebPT because it allows you to write in as little or as much as you want, while still catching and alerting you of any documentation necessities for Medicare. I tend to be descriptive in my notes and write a lot of freehand. WebPT allows me to write what I want to write. The documents are very professional looking. I feel good sending out the evaluation forms to doctors. The evaluations are customizable to fit what I want to document. The number of special tests and other objective measures are vast and have also given me ideas for other tests that I might want to be looking at. One feature that I love is the ability to fax straight from the application. I use my iPad in the clinic a lot, and I can fax over Initial Evals right after I complete them with 2 clicks. It also makes sending documentation to WC companies a breeze. Customer support is always awesome. I can easily add or remove PT access to WebPT in case I have someone covering for me. I don't have any complaints in customer service. If there is one down side, for me it would be the time it takes me to set up a patient. Since I am by myself, I am entering in every entry. I would like to see a funciton where patients could sign up online and fill in all their information that would then be transfered over to my application. That way I could completely eliminate the entry of patient info. Maybe an idea for the future- On that same note- I love that they are continually updating the application to make it better. Since it is web based, they can make instant modifications and there is not need to upload new software or purchase an upgrade.

Anonymous

I like the software and believe it is very user friendly

Reviewed 2018-01-09

That it tracks most compliance and outcome measures without us having to cue staff or send out reminders to be within medicare guidelines. I think if they work out the bugs in the functional outcomes scoring that this will be a huge asset but right now it is too early and difficult to appropriately capture data.