WebPT Logo

Everything you need to run a successful practice.

WebPT Reviews

4.3

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.36/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

power-diary
simplepractice

The best feature initial was the ability to house all medical record information in one spot. No more paper was another great benefit.
I have told them many times how pleased I am with their customer service. No matter how many times I asked for help they were happy to oblige.
Each time the system is updated, the features get better and better. I highly endorse this product for being fully integrated, easy to use, and affordable for any practice.
So I lost a portion of my patient's chart and it cannot be reviewed and/or recovered.
WebPT is the first EMR that I have used for my office. First of all it is not cheap and it makes me frustrated that I am not getting what I am paying for.
I have reported problems to them a couple of years ago and they continue to occur and they have never been fixed.

CC

Clifford C.

CEO and Physical Therapist

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Smart Way to Start Physical Therapy!

Transcript

Clifford: Hello, my name is Clifford, owner of Civil Physical Therapy. I rate WebPT four out of five....

WebPT

WebPT has alot of benefits that other software like it does not and if you are trying to decide between them I would definitely go with WebPT they have great customer service support any time you call they do their best to help with the problem.

Pros

WebPT is the easiest electronic medical records software to use it is very userfriendy and easy to train employees on. The appointment reminders are a great feature and alot of patients sign up for them and we have seen an increase of patients making appointments because of the remiders. It is nice to be able to schedule for multiple providers without having to open a new screen or change a provider like you do on many other medical software. It is easy to add a new patient or new insurance or a new provider. Scanning documents directly into a patients chart is also a time saver and a neat feature as well as being able to fax initial evaluations or progress notes to doctors for signatures from WebPT.

Cons

Somtimes the software has a glitch and deletes an appointment or moves it to a different time.

Kalin H.

Great Healthcare Software

Overall, WebPT has been an excellent platform for tracking patient progress and information. It is very convenient due to the fact that it is web-based and can be accessed across many devices and platforms.

Pros

I used this software as a physical therapy tech to keep notes on patients and make notes on their progress. One of the best features of WebPT is that it is web-based, so it can be accessed anywhere. It also allowed my facility to save money on computers by just using Chromebooks instead of having to buy full-fledged PCs for the clinic.

Cons

This visual interface is very basic, and the aesthetics have not been updated in quite a while. While this is just a nitpicking gripe, I would like to see a little bit of an update in the interface to make it look cleaner and more modern. This is definitely personal preference, however, and some may prefer the no-nonsense layout.

DB

Dan B.

Medical Practice, 51-200 employees

Administration

From a therapist prospective, it is easy to use but there are cons.

Pros

Therapists say it is easy to use. You may scan documents into the program for storage which is helpful. The ability to have a 'comment section' that therapist see when seeing a patient is nice. You can put a unique comment regarding the payer here such as X insurance does not allow X treatment

Cons

Reports are pitiful. We have to do so much manual work to see what we need to see. Also compliance is very lacking. For example, some insurance contracts allow us to bill the 8 minute rule by unique cpt code per CPT rules (not Medicare/Federal programs which have more restrictive rules with total time Trump). For these commercial contracts if a provider does 12 minutes of 97140, 12 minutes of 97110...

We LOVE WebPT!

Pros

You can use it from your phone or at home easily and it is very intuitive. It forces you to follow documentation guidelines so you are always compliant.

Cons

It's not always easy to get in touch with customer service, which was really only an issue when we were switching over from one EMR to WebPT

Heather H.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

WebPT has made scheduling, documentation and billing so much easier!! We perform better with WebPT.

My job is easier to manage and our company is able to be more productive.

Pros

I love that WebPT allows customization of so many areas so we can make it work best for us - we are not stuck with a one size fits all approach. We select what color / style appointments show up in to reflect what payer type or appointment type is scheduled. We can bulk edit the schedule to make it fit our therapists availability. They have an agreement with Kareo so our billing flows over easily. I also love the reports to keep good tabs on what we are doing and how things are processing.

Cons

I am waiting for them to fine tune a few things to come along side us even more for compliance when we do addendums.

GJ

Garima J.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Will never recommend it to anyone

My experience with WebPT has been challenging, particularly due to issues with their customer service. While their product itself is decent, the constant turnover in staff led to a lack of consistency in communication. Over our three years with them, we encountered multiple billing errors that went unresolved, resulting in financial losses for our business. Additionally, there were issues with their...

Pros

Ease of doing the SOAP notes, took less time but initial evaluation and progress notes still took long time

Cons

Customer service, billing, professionalism

BM

Brittany M.

Utter lack of professionalism

I am an LMT and have a medically focused practice, therefore, most of what I do overlaps with some of what PT's do. Given this fact, I have been searching for a new EMR and RMC system that is all integrated. I just got off of a "sales call" that couldn't have been longer than 3 minutes with [sensitive content hidden] clearly thought that being on a call with me was a waste of his time. I got eye rolls,...

Pros

Don't know, sales wouldn't even give me a demo.

Cons

Dismissive, unprofessional sales team.

We have been using web pt for about 2 years now and our experience has been wonderful with it.

Ease of use for an EMR system.

Pros

I really like that this software is easy to use and have found it extremely easy to train staff. I also like that there are many places to put extra in house information if needed. The reports section has also been an extreme help to our company as the missed notes reports will pick up if any therapists have any outstanding notes. This helps us in our a/r . I also find the the appointment reminders to be of help as well. The fact that there are more than one place to put in authorizations is helpful to keeping track of auth.

Cons

Sometimes there are glitches in the system. It doesnt happen often but when it does the whole system freezes.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1,001-5,000 employees

Pros

I love all the drop down options to make documentation easier and more efficient.

Cons

Wish there was a little easier way to add body parts in for ROM and testing that are not directly correlated to injury, i.e. when they have multiple injuries like shoulder and ankle.

Great Software for PT

Pros

This software is wonderful for scheduling and documentation. They help us stay compliant with new rules and laws.

Cons

The price is rising - there are more features over time though.

KC

Kristin C.

This reviewer only left a rating

I work for a small, privately owned outpatient practice with three clinic sites. We recently began using WebPT. Over the course of my schooling and employment, I have used approximately six or seven different EMR programs. Overall, I would rate WebPT in the top three or four of those programs. They are doing a number of things right, but leave much to be desired. I think WebPT's biggest downfall...

RP

Russ P.

WEBPT TOPS the EMR LIST

I was one of the original 100 members of WEBPT and I could not have advanced my practice without it, what 10 years ago? (not sure how long its been) and surely could not survive without it now. The ongoing onslaught of insurance changes, branches, etc etc., especially Medicare, PQRS, G Codes is challenging enough but would be unsurmountable without WEBPT. I love the webinars for education and the new program Rehab Nation to keep us in touch and involved. I love the store with discounted items in which believe me, I have checked around and there are some good discounts at the WEBPT STORE. I am a critics critic and expect quality and customer service, each of which I have received with WEBPT. Thank You.!

Pros

Cons

not enough to mention.

BM

Bhairvi M.

An Average product

Pros

WebPT allows to keep all the documents together with facility of eDocs where scripts and all other documents can be scanned in to make a folder. It also allows to fax documents without need to download.

Cons

Customer Service: very poor, mainly requires you to email them and then wait for their mercy for them to get in touch with you. It can take a week to 2 to resolve issues as you cannot speak to a person directly. Sometimes you do get lucky if someone actually answers the phone. Scheduling: The service is average, it does not count the number of sessions you have used for the patient. So you cannot just...

DR

Diana R.

ReissPT LOVES WebPT

I love WebPT. From [sensitive content hidden] to all the customer service representatives and technicians Thank you ! You make good and useful updates because you listen to your users.

Pros

I love that all my needs as a private practice owner and as a physical therapist are meet under one roof that is WebPT

Cons

I would like to track and schedule non insurance. Services Such as wellness or other cash services. Maybe I just don’t know how but I want to set up reminders for those people etc I have to made a chart for the internal payments collection and billing and often I want a one time only option. Call me to discuss

SD

Sarah D.

Poor Customer Service, Very overpriced compared to other options

Poor to Fair. Even when we were customers the service side was not very good.

Pros

It is designed for physical therapy, so that is helpful. THE software is good, the customer service is not.

Cons

When we transitioned from WebPT to a different provider, they were very unhelpful in the transition, to the point of with holding our export of records, not returning phone calls or emails and being very dismissive and almost ellusive about what we needed to do to make a smooth transition to a new company. No one likes customers to leave, I realize, however I would have expected a more professional approach.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Using WebPT in a private practice.

Once I got used to the system documenting was a breeze. I will be honest it takes time getting used to each EMR but WebPT was pretty quick. I had in down in a couple weeks. The first few weeks though were frustrating and I was not sure why we were using this new EMR, but after I became proficient I was glad we got it.

Pros

I love that the software can combine scheduling, billing, and documentation. This saved us a lot time. I really enjoy that you can load specific plans in the objective form. For example a form for a RTC tear will be very different from a TKA. So being able to make customized plans for specific diagnosis saves time and saving time documenting means you get to spend more time with each patient. Once a note is done you can easily access it for each patient that is simple and easy to read in the classic SOAP note format. I love that I can access their database from any computer with a secure login.

Cons

The software can be repetitive with some of the boxes that you need to check. I will be honest I get too many emails from them but I don't want to unsubscribe because about 2/5 are very important ones with updated information for the software.

MM

Maureen M.

Backoncourse

Positive experience

Pros

On boarding was good, customer support was very good, quality of product is excellent

Cons

At times the information does not flow over from Webpt to therabill

SG

Shirley G.

Recommend!

Pros

This software is easy to use, easy to explain, and integrates well with our separate billing software. It automatically calculates the cap with associated MPPR rates which helps us keep track of the patient Medicare cap. The records are nicely formatted and you can tweek your settings to make documentation more efficient.

Cons

My biggest complaint about this product is having Medicare as a MSP. When Medicare is used secondary, it calculates the cap as if it were primary and does not allow therapists to enter the functional reporting G-Codes to their evaluations, recerts, etc. and this is an issue for our practice. We have reached out to WebPT and they could not suggest anything that would help, rather than something that would make it more confusing and our documentation less compliant. Hoping this becomes a feature in the near future as they are continually improving their software.

DS

Daniel S.

Poor customer service and questionable integrity!

I scheduled a free demonstration for 9:00 am today and was told that I would receive a call from the presenter. Received a confirmation email this morning just prior to 9:00 but no phone call. At 9:30 I more closely read the confirmation email which had instructions for me to call in and enter a meeting access code. I called customer service informing them of my confusion and to request another appointment....

Cons

Hi Dan, I'm sorry that we've had such trouble connecting! I spoke with both the sales rep who scheduled your demo as well as the customer service rep you mentioned. It sounds like there may have been a miscommunication on how the demo process works. We would love the chance to make this up to you, if you are still interested. Feel free to email me at emily.ely@webpt.com, and I will personally work to set this demo up for you. Again, my apologies. We truly strive to give our customers (and prospective users!) the best customer service. I hope to hear from you soon. Best, Emily

JC

Jeff C.

This reviewer only left a rating

As a physical therapist practicing for over 28 years, I have managed various PT facilites, treated in many settings, and have used many different documentation systems. I decided to open my own private practice last year and one of the best decisions I made was to use WebPT as my EMR! I researched and studied many systems and WebPT was at the head of the pack in so many ways. From compliance, to ease...

CK

Catherine K.

PT documentation

Overall, I am pleased with the product- more so the support that the team provides with current compliance in the documentation software an the support of the Executive team in training of rehab issues. Lately the phone support, chat support and email support have been slow- but like many other companies, staff is likely the main issue.

Pros

The calendar and scheduling options are easy to use.

Cons

The daily write ups are ok, I wish we could customize the options and simplify the write ups a bit more.

JA

Jason A.

Webpt experience

every year it gets better , customer service is outstanding

Pros

soap notes template saved and easy to access , staff is training is fast because its easy to follow and understand

Cons

even though they update the tracking on what your staff does ei the making and deleting of an appointment just to look at what you just did in a simple form is what we wanted , its still very hard to understand what the person did on the report

EC

Emily C.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

I couldn't be more impressed!

I have been using WebPT for just shy of 1 year now and I honeslty couldn't be more impressed with this platform! Not only does it provide you with a fantastic web based documentation system but the Marketplace will also provide you with a way to purchase awesome rehab equipment and supplies at a great discount compared to other avenues of purchasing! I've had great experiences with the company as far as customer service goes too! There is always a very prompt response to any of my questions or concerns and I feel like there is always someone at the corporate office for WebPT that has my back! A truly great platform for any physical therapy clinic!

Pros

Fantastic web based platform for documentation--easy access from anywhere! Easy to navigate and customize to make your documentation faster while still keeping it compliant.

Cons

The only thing I wish could be a bit better is the flow sheets that are used for tracking exercises and minutes spent on each activity. They are a bit more time consuming overall compared to the actual SOAP note itself but at least give you a great platform for being descriptive and compliant.

EH

Erin H.

Supervisor

Pros

Easy to schedule patients, documentation on the Therapist end has been very easy to learn and use.

Cons

Waitlist works only about half of the time, bolder lines in-between the days on the schedule, a based on medically necessary option under visit/insurance information, dog ear on patients appts where we could track notes ie, request female, dry needling, only schedule one appt at a time.

AS

Ashly S.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

User Friendly

Pros

I like that this product is very user friendly. It looks very clean, crisp, and organized. It is easy to find what I need and the short cuts are easy to use making my job more efficient and therefore more impressive to patients.

Cons

I honestly haven't run into any issues that I can think of as a receptionist. I schedule LOTS of appointments with this software and scan documents to patients charts and I usually have no issues. Every once in awhile the software does not count appointments correctly or something like that. I call customer service right away and they always take care of my concern quickly and are nice on the phone.