Absorb LMS Logo

4.5

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.7/10

Reviews by rating

Absorb has been great to learn, the customer support team and CRM's are amazing to work with. They are always willing to help achieve overall success for Admin and learners.
Their customer service is by far THE BEST customer service I have ever received working with any other company. They are fast, responsive and always willing to help me out.
Great looking site design and flawless implementation. Amazing pricing and good product support.
Again we were really disappointed about the department/sub-department functionality. So if you are using Absorb for multiple clients not just internally then beware.
Thus, whenever you update a course, you will have to re-enroll all users. It has limited assessment options.
Resources don't have a thumbnail- makes them look empty/incomplete. No place for text on the home dashboard.

CC

Craig C.

Organizational Development & Effectiveness Business Partner

Insurance, 1,001-5,000 employees

Absorb is a Great Choice for a LMS

Transcript

Craig C.: Hi, my name is Craig. I am a consultant. I would give Absorb LMS a five. And if you want more...

Nicolas P.

Financial Services, 201-500 employees

Flexible and very complete LMS

Pros

It stands out for its simplicity of use and its pleasant user interface. It offers great flexibility in the design of learning experiences, adapting them to the characteristics of each training process. It has an electronic signature so that participants can demonstrate that they met the requirements of their training process. Integrates seamlessly with any eLearning content library.

Cons

I consider that this is a platform with a lot of potential, the only thing that I think can be improved is to simplify some processes to make the configuration easier.

Arleen R.

Construction, 1,001-5,000 employees

Cotton Holdings Review

I would rate it 10/10 after implementation once we received help from [sensitive content hidden]. Absorb LMS addressed a critical challenge within our organization by consolidating multiple learning management systems (LMS) and training accounts into a single platform. This consolidation streamlines the management of training resources and records, eliminating the need to navigate through numerous...

Pros

What I appreciate most about Absorb LMS is the invaluable support provided by resources such as [sensitive content hidden]. Their guidance has been instrumental in our journey with the platform, particularly during the initial stages when onboarding took longer than anticipated. Their expertise has enabled us to overcome challenges efficiently and make significant progress, ensuring that we maximize the benefits of our Absorb LMS account.

Cons

While Absorb LMS's customizability is undoubtedly a strength, it also presents a unique challenge: starting with a clean slate. Unlike more rigid systems with predefined templates, Absorb LMS offers a blank canvas, requiring organizations to invest time and effort into tailoring the platform to their specific needs. However, this process, while initially demanding, ultimately ensures that the learning experience is precisely aligned with the organization's goals and values, resulting in a more effective and engaging training program in the long run.

CC

Christine C.

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

simple to use, but QA poor and support prioritized by popularity votes on their customer forum site

had it for 3 years. our requirements were basic - no hr integration, no e-commerce, short term users, few courses. yet when we were faced with their sudden requirement for us to move/"upgrade" to their new system that contained functional and design continuity problems from the system version we were using, we were told that our problems would not be fixed due to the fact that not enough other customers had "voted" for the same issues to be fixed. that was a dealbreaker. :(

Pros

easy startup, easy to use (provided everything is working properly)

Cons

Software is AS-IS product. Difficulty getting help with system problems - first tool for them is interpersonal pleasantry, and email with article links to something that may or may not be addressing the reported problem. If there is not an easy out-of-the box solution (addressed by the link they send you by email), it will take many interactions and possibly a video screener of your problem before your issue is investigated. Individual learner issues are typically not investigated.

TA

Terry A.

Information Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Chosen Absorb - 3 times

Pros

What I like most about Absorb is the ease of use as admin. I also value the responsiveness of the customer service team.

Cons

My dislikes are trivial to be honest. I wish the certificate creation tool was easier to use and I had the ability to assign deactivation dates to non-regular users.

SS

Sarah S.

Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees

A Wonderful Learner Experience!

My overall experience surpassed all the expectations I had. May Larkin was our Implementation Project Manager and we felt she was right along side us throughout our entire process. She was quick to reply to emails or jump on a call when we needed assistance. She was patience and had an understanding of our unique platform usage.

Pros

What I like most about Absorb is how clean and user friendly the learner experience is! Our goal was to minimize manual task for our admin team and provide our learners a more trendy and all-in-one platform to house their learning materials and certificates. Absorb checked off all our requirements, which are unique, and provided us solutions to all our questions.

Cons

While the Knowledge Articles are helpful and a great tool, they are at times overwhelming because the large number of them can make it hard to locate the exact help you need.

IV

Irene V.

Information Technology and Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Easy to implement tool with great potential to develop further

Pros

Easy to implement, easy to learn as an admin. Support Team always ready and helpful. Very customisable to cater for different audiences

Cons

It's missing bulk actions for courses and user management that would make life easier

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Easy to Manage and Excellent Support

Pros

The Create tool is a handy resource for creating and managing courses with accessibility in mind. It also allows us to update them efficiently. The platform's content management system is flexible and easy to use. We were impressed with the responsiveness and knowledge of the implementation team and support staff. Onboarding was a great experience overall!

Cons

As with many content management systems, it takes some getting used to. There are nuances that are not easily observed. Training is absolutely required.

MP

Melissa P.

Food Production, 5,001-10,000 employees

This is a solid LMS

Pros

We now have one complete year of use with Absorb LMS. All of our training cycles have been successful. There were no issues with courses completing. If problems did come up, it was because of access getting into the system (a quirk of our integration), not a technology problem with the LMS itself.

Cons

Wish the standard version came with more of the advanced features available at the buy-up plan.

Construction, 51-200 employees

A well rounded LMS with great branding capabilities.

The LMS has been great overall from navigation, content delivery, engagement, and the branding capabilities.

Pros

The great degree of customization available.

Cons

Some UI features could be improve for a richer experience

sn

sherrie n.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 employees

LMS Training system

This LMS system is very user friendly, and the buy in from your team is great. I looked at UKG LMS and it isn't as user friendly as Absorb

Pros

Ease of use, and user friendly. Layout is self explanatory

Cons

Limitations, and time for certain updates to come out

MG

Mark G.

Oil & Energy, 201-500 employees

Making My Life Easier

My overall experience has been great. The LMS has allowed me to build an entire corporate training program while simultaneously building the LMS to support it. The time-based credential reporting and compliance tracking has allowed to avoid those possible awkward moments with clients' specific training requirements. With this tracking and reporting, we're also able to respond to a client's immediate need by knowing who is qualified and current on a given access or occupational training requirement.

Pros

The Absorb LMS is easily customizable and Admin/Learner user-friendly. This allowed me to expand my Training effort and capabilities with not only scope but greater efficiencies in that I can customize the LMS to meet the varying needs of my different stakeholders.

Cons

If there is a negative, it is in the format of the Training Transcript when printed, or exported as an electronic file. The courses appear in alphabetical order without the ability to filter for a time period, or sort chronologically. This frustrates Supervisors who then have to review the entire transcript to find what training an employee has completed in the last year. I understand the Transcript are being reworked by Absorb for 2022, so this may become a non-issue.

AA

Alex A.

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

Intuitive, Adaptable System

We have not had the option to easily view student logins, update courses, create courses and manage our student experience to date, and Absorb has solved all of these problems immediately. The system has been very easy to set-up, easy to navigate within - from a student and admin experience - and the Absorb Create function is invaluable.

Pros

The simplicity of the system - back end and front end - have made the implementation and launch of our Absorb LMS very straightforward. My company has some unique use cases and my implementation manager, [sensitive content hidden], workshopped a number of issues with me and together we came up with effective solutions. The ease of uploading content has meant that I have had the opportunity to test various course set-ups very quickly.

Cons

Our courses require individualised feedback for assessments and currently Absorb is not set-up to allow for this in a comprehensive manner.

JF

Justina F.

Consumer Services, 201-500 employees

We Love Absorb

Pros

Absorb has made it so easy to design custom content and roll-out training courses necessary for our organization. Absorb is easy for our learners to use, and the system has made integrations simple and straight-forward.

Cons

We've had zero issues with Absorb implementation & use.

ST

Sue T.

Accounting, 201-500 employees

Absorb Review

My overall experience with Absorb LMS has been very positive. I will continue to learn more so that I may maximize the use of more complicated features.

Pros

Absorb LMS has a user interface that is user friendly, easy to use and manage content. Support website also has an extensive knowledge base with training videos and searchable documents. Support tickets are also handled promptly.

Cons

Reports and Data Analytics is minimal, unless Data Analytics module is purchased which is expensive.

BR

Bill R.

Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees

Best training and onboarding

Pros

The main thing for me was the onboarding process with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was fantastic. She was patient and understanding of my crazy schedule. She hit all the key points that were important to me with a new program. Also, the ability for the employees to choose their own ongoing trainings was very important.

Cons

Cost is quite high in my opinion. I will not be using the entire program but have to pay for modules that I will not use.

RK

Richelle K.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Great product

Pros

Pre built templates are wonderful for admins. User friendly UI experience.

Cons

N/A no cons at this time. We have enjoyed the software and experience.

Farming, 1,001-5,000 employees

Absorb, the flexible, powerful yet easy to use LMS!

We use the LMS for the management of both internal and external training. It has been uneventful in the setup and management for both organizations. We have observed a few lacking capabilities in out of the box reporting to be able to report on these programs in a holistic way. However, with their APIs and direct database connections we have succeeded. While system availability and performance has...

Pros

Ease of use, no matter a user or administrator. Quick and responsive page loading, and simply ability to export data reports. Advance API and direct database access capability for growth and in-depth training program management and reporting. Customizable interface and deployment options with integration to other content provider libraries. Simple enrollment & curriculum rule writing and deployment.

Cons

Some difficulties in the management and deployment of blended learning within these challenging COVID times. Would like to see more out of the box higher level training program reports for a department, group, or training center. Could use some more options for defining departments, roles and user privilege's within the system.

CM

Chris M.

Computer Networking, 1,001-5,000 employees

The easiest and most attractive LMS I have used in the last ten years!

We have saved a very significant amount of time and money switching from Cornerstone to Absorb. And we have gained features, ease of use, faster time to market. As a company that puts customer service above all else, Absorb is our learning engine helping us deliver on that promise to our customers. We have grown our eLearning use by 300% since switching to Absorb mainly because it is very easy for our customers and we can get more content to market faster.

Pros

In no particular order, but all equally important: - Social media and marketing integration is easy to setup and use - Dashboards and reports are the fastest and easiest I have seen; reporting highly customizable with just a few mouse clicks - Rapid deployment and migration; thousands of users, tens of thousands of records were migrated off of Cornerstone and fully functional in less than 60 days...

Cons

After six months of use, I have not come across a "least" like for Absorb. I would like to see more customization options for lower layer pages, but I cannot say this is an "issue" as I am still exploring the many possibilities offered by Absorb. For once, I have an LMS that I have not outgrown, I am still playing catch-up!

MD

Michaela D.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

Effortless Success

We have had an absolutely wonderful experience with Absorb thus far. There were a few temporary hiccups along the way with our account manager. This has all been fixed since. The absolute best part of the experience besides the software is our Client Success Manager, Taylor. I do not know if we could have stayed with Absorb as long as we have without him. He is the ultimate reason we have chosen to stay so long.

Pros

There are so many great things I can say about Absorb. The absolute best feature of the software itself is the individuality it allows us to create for users. We have some standard courses that clients are interested in, however, the biggest pull is allowing us to make the experience feel custom to them. Our customers can easily navigate their own portals effortlessly. Customizing the templates and organization of courses is the personal touch that makes this software so great.

Cons

There are a few key features that I have noticed are not a part of Absorb software that could really be useful. The templates and options on how it is set up are pretty standard, however, certain options such as the calendar for example. Our clients love the calendar. However, you cannot really edit the calendar for full customization. I think if all of the template options had more range in customization it would be a bit better.

JL

Justin L.

Absorb: Solid But With Some Shortcomings

(note: this review is based on our experience using Absorb 4). At ARRIS, Absorb powers ARRIS Academy, our centralized location for all things training serving both internal employees as well as external customers. The platform has performed very well, maintaining consistent up time and performance while serving the diverse needs of our organization. Using the eCommerce integration and curricula,...

EA

Everett A.

Individual & Family Services, 51-200 employees

Absorb has been an easy to use platform for meeting our eLearning needs for our community.

It allows us to engage our community through eLearning by showing courses, webinars and lesson relevant to our field of work. It allows us to keep our learners engaged, connected and kept current with ideas and best practices. It allows us the opportunity to represent ourselves as experts in out field.

Pros

Creating and development course content in a straight-forward and simple manner. Enjoy making quick edits and updates to published courses. Ease of importing courses from various types of APIs. Support staff is very attentive and helpful with students and system issues. Administrator back end is very flexible and easy to use. Enjoy using the "impersonate" feature, which can identify problems quickly. Like that the framework of Absorb is still under development, which allows for new innovations, looking for ways to improve and stay relevant.

Cons

Reporting features still need a bit of development to allow for more control and options for what should be saved in the report export document. Giving more options for data being displayed by a student transcript. Some features of pulling data from the metrics can be a bit tricky.

DL

Daniel L.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Overall, it has been great working in Absorb, especially compared to my experience with other LMSs. The new releases enable us to incorporate more active learning and engagement into our courses, and our relationship with our CSM is critically helpful in building our offering of educational courses for healthcare professionals.

Pros

The customer support- our Client Success Manager [sensitive content hidden] is always available to help answer questions, resolve issues, and suggest things we can do with our LMS. It is a load off of my mind to know that no matter the issue, we have our CSM to help us out.

Cons

I'd like to be able to build more custom reports myself (e.g. pulling enrollment numbers and evaluation responses for certain courses automatically) but our CSM has still helped figure out workarounds to pull the information we need.

DK

Dave K.

Medical Practice, 51-200 employees

Absorb LMS - Great Product and Customer Service

Overall I would highly recommend the Absorb LMS software to any company who is looking for a customized and affordable solution. They have an excellent implementation team that will work with you every step of the way until you are satisfied with the finished product. They also have a great customer service team that is always responsive to our needs and are willing to work with us to incorporate new updates to our system.

Pros

While working with the Absorb team we were able to fully customize an Learning Management System to fit the needs of our small company within the clinical trials space. We initially worked with a great implementation team who were very supportive in meeting with us each step of the way to gather the proper requirements for our final product. Once we were satisfied with our finished product we were able to easily introduce the software to our employees to use with minimal training required. We continue to be very pleased with the level of customer service Absorb provides when we have a new inquiry or suggestion for improving our employees' experiences.

Cons

The only con to Absorb's software was that they did not have a full suite of course content that met our needs in terms of internal training. We were able to work around this feature by uploading course content through another provider which was easily imported into our current system.

SD

Shandora D.

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Unbeatable

Overall, love my user experience with Absorb. We are able to train internally and externally, compliance, and instructor led trainings. It offers everything our company needs.

Pros

Overall, I love the ease of use of Absorb. The platform is very user friendly, integrates with everything we need, and has a great user experience. I also appreciate the customer service/tech support team, as well as our CSM and account manager. The company has 24/7 support. I always know someone is there to help when I need it and in a timely manner.

Cons

Really, I have no cons. It would be nice to have a "bulk" edit feature. Something that would allow me to make the same change to multiple courses at one time.

BM

Buddy M.

Government Administration, 51-200 employees

Absorb LMS Review

Our experience with Absorb has been very positive.

Pros

Absorb was very easy to install and is easy to use. This product meets most of our needs and the product support has been top notch.

Cons

I do wish Absorb had an easy way to provide training content to the users who did not have accounts.