All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Absorb LMS Reviews

Pros

All of the support team has been great to work with. The help desk tickets we have submitted have all been resolved in 24 hours or less.

Ken W.

Cecilia W.

Read the full review
This LMS is the best or near the top of providers and tools if you use instructor-led and online learning. For the pricing, you won't find a better tool.

Stephen H.

Read the full review

Cons

Only downside for our institution was the inability to "hide" completed courses from the My Courses list.

Allison P.

Read the full review
I find it hard to update the videos. It also can be hard to organize videos and courses in an intuitive way because of how the software is structured.

Kate H.

Read the full review

Absorb is the perfect LMS!

Absorb is so powerful and easy to use. The company itself is great to work with. Their customer service staff is so nice and friendly, and the project manager and account manager I worked with helped me every step of the way. The interface is gorgeous and importing your learners is a snap. I love that Absorb has built-in quizzes that I can create in seconds. I also love that I was able to work with...

Pros

Fantastic customer support Easy to use design Quick import of new learners Easily upload any type of multimedia Customizable interface for branding Out of the box solution at a reasonable price point No extra IT or web developer support required

Cons

It would be great to: - Quickly switch between Admin and Learner to see a course - Create a "test" user who can take courses over and over again just to test functionality without having to enroll, un-enroll and then re-enroll - Show and disable the contest feature (without having customer support perform this function)

Ease of Use and Appearance

The overall experience with Absorb has been very supported from the sales team, the on-boarding and technical assistance. As novices moving into the E-Learning space, the Absorb Team showed a great deal of patience answering some questions more than once, even the most mundane.

Pros

In our search for a LMS we had an opportunity to look at many of Absorb's competitors and it became very clear, very quickly how easy it was to navigate the system for both the end user and the administrator. Along with ease of use, each window is crisply design to feel innovative and supportive.

Cons

There were so many options for how to use Absorb to move our e-learning products and on-line learning, we had difficulty deciding where to start, because we wanted to do everything in the first month.

Cloud-based learning management system.

It is the leading eLearning solution. It delivers consonant, on-brand training nonetheless of location or learning requirements. It supports branded interfaces, responsive design, and social learning. It remains available 24*7 from anywhere. If you need any help, you will always find a absorb employee. One major benefit is that it maintains the LMS compliance standards for privacy protection and data security. It empowers learning even if you do not have an internet connection. Its mobile app maintains consistency with web LMS and learners can train offline. When the internet connection restores, course progression syncs automatically.

Pros

It is designed for all kinds of learners and organizations no matter you are a large corporation, mid-size business, or small business. It has made it easier to develop and manage training programs for both external and internal shareholders. Its main focus is on lining up learning needs with the demands of the business. It inspires business productivity. It empowers organizations all over the world to deliver training efficiently.

Cons

It is pretty expensive. Its tech support is not able to solve an issue. Sometimes, it does not do reporting at the level that you need it and results in reports that require much more manual work to meet the requirements. Also, dashboards of repotting have various column options that make it difficult to see information in one place. It lacks versioning. Thus, whenever you update a course, you will have to re-enroll all users. It has limited assessment options. So it should more options so that learners will have various paths leading to the same goal.

Still a long way to go...

Absorb is overall easy to use, but I can only recommend it for small companies (<1000 employees) that offer not more than two languages. For everyone else I would suggest to look into a different LMS. We waste so much time doing repetitive tasks especially with regards to course, curriculum and user management, as there are hardly any bulk/mass actions available. Everything has to be done manually one-by-one. That works for a small population, but if you are looking after more than 20'000 employees it is really painful (I would consider myself as a power user with 5+ years of Absorb experience, but the longer I use it the more frustrated I become).

Pros

Absorb is quite easy to learn and use, both for admins and the users. The user interface is clearly structured and customizable.

Cons

The customer service quality dropped during 2020 below any good standards. Usually it took Absorb not even a day to respond, but now I am happy, if I receive an answer within 2 weeks despite several follow-ups. Course/curriculum creation is be a pain, if the company offers training in more than one language. There are absolutely no mass/bulk actions available and each course has to be updated separately. This can be very time consuming, if you offer every course in 20 languages.

A solid LMS that just keeps getting better.

Overall, our company was looking for a platform to offer both mandatory and optional training for our employees during the COVID lock downs. When implementing Absorb, we found it also was platform for not only training, but also an informational channel, complete with acknowledgements of receiving the information. It will also be the backbone for all of our ILCs moving forward, and hopefully with more solid integration with our Teams platform.

Pros

Ease of use as both a learner and administrator. ADP integration and automation. Learner and Admin portals load quickly and are responsive. Excellent support and implementation experiences with quick turn around, and constant updates and improvements in the pipe line.

Cons

Limited assessment options when it comes to answer types. Reporting structure takes a bit to get used to. Setup takes quite a bit of time investment, but pays off with future proofing the system.

Absorb, the flexible, powerful yet easy to use LMS!

We use the LMS for the management of both internal and external training. It has been uneventful in the setup and management for both organizations. We have observed a few lacking capabilities in out of the box reporting to be able to report on these programs in a holistic way. However, with their APIs and direct database connections we have succeeded. While system availability and performance has...

Pros

Ease of use, no matter a user or administrator. Quick and responsive page loading, and simply ability to export data reports. Advance API and direct database access capability for growth and in-depth training program management and reporting. Customizable interface and deployment options with integration to other content provider libraries. Simple enrollment & curriculum rule writing and deployment.

Cons

Some difficulties in the management and deployment of blended learning within these challenging COVID times. Would like to see more out of the box higher level training program reports for a department, group, or training center. Could use some more options for defining departments, roles and user privilege's within the system.

Absorb does a lot of awesome things. A few tweaks could make it even better.

Pros

Ease of course creation Branded dashboards Recently improved search page Options for badges and certificates Course and resource replication easy

Cons

Organization of Course and Resource folders is only alphabetical order No way to create groups through a CSV upload Enrollment and Resource availability rules limited for some items (i.e. can't exclude departments in enrollments)

Great product that focuses on being good at one thing... Online learning.

Pros

Absorb was the first LMS that I worked with that fully supported HTML5. The interface was beautiful from a learner perspective and could be fully branded to your company. It was intuitive and supported all of the training types that we created and purchased. The company was easy to work with and provided support for our needs.

Cons

The backend/admin portal was separate from the user portal. Meaning, it was based on different technology (flash at the time), was actually hosted on a different part of the system and did not seem as unified as other systems I have worked with. It was still very functional, but left some to be desired.

Does most things you want

We are able to have people pay for courses.

Pros

The new learner experience they created is going to bring this software to a whole 'nother level. My ratings and this review is based on the new learner experience, not the previous version. It looks good, works well (has a few bugs they are actively working on), and does almost everything we need as a company. There are a few minor "wants" but the support team seems receptive to getting those going.

Cons

The back-end is not totally intuitive, and it's a little buggy. Sometimes you'll save something and it'll go back to the start page. It still achieves everything you need, it's just not super slick/seamless all the time.

Would be a perfect solution if the support wasn't terrible

Pros

- Absorb has many features - Many integrations, including Absorb Create - Relatively easy to use

Cons

- For a learning solution, the knowledge base is very basic - Support team are friendly over the phone, but don't always answer calls, voicemails or reply to tickets - Absorb Create support is horrendous. Long wait times and support team aren't helpful - Onboarding experience was not worth the implementation fee. Training sessions were not provided considering what was told in the initial session. A real lack of communication, education and support from the start.

Feature dense software that is constantly improving

Our company has gone through tremendous change in backend systems. We had initially signed on with an LMS provider that was purchased by Absorb. The timing of that change was less than desirable, though it was abundantly clear that we were getting a superior product when we started the Absorb onboarding process. Our company has some very unique HRIS employee data structure. Absorb handles that data...

Pros

Ease of use for the front line team members. I've said frequently that the learner dashboard reminds me of a familiar streaming platform that our employees use regularly. The ability to customize the content per department/group and so on makes it that much better. There is no training necessary for our frontline staff on getting in and learning how to use the system, its so intuitive, clean and polished.

Cons

The rate at which Absorb introduces new features is unmatched (which is a pro), though sometimes it seems like they overlook some of the errors that are caused by new features. New upgrades always come with glitches, but some were a little surprising to have slipped through the cracks. They are very quick to act on any system issues reported though.

Unexpected Limitations

Overall it's ok. Again we were really disappointed about the department/sub-department functionality. So if you are using Absorb for multiple clients not just internally then beware. It is definitely easier to see how many users we have in the system, who has taken what courses, our popular courses, and course evaluation scores which for us are all important KPI's. overall great value for the price.

Pros

Absorb is really easy to use and navigate. We purchased it for the ability to have "department" or sub-companies. We provide training materials and the platform to our clients so having a multi-tenant LMS was critical. I love the ability to customize colors and layout for various clients. The onboarding process was pretty smooth and the staff is attentive.

Cons

My biggest disappointment was that that the multi-tenancy or segregating by departments did not function as we expected causing us to have to adjust our offering and prices for clients. When assigning courses you can only assign to a whole or sub-department, you can exclude. So if 99 customers get the library and one doesn't, you have to allow 99 clients instead of just restricting one. When restricting...

The easiest and most attractive LMS I have used in the last ten years!

We have saved a very significant amount of time and money switching from Cornerstone to Absorb. And we have gained features, ease of use, faster time to market. As a company that puts customer service above all else, Absorb is our learning engine helping us deliver on that promise to our customers. We have grown our eLearning use by 300% since switching to Absorb mainly because it is very easy for our customers and we can get more content to market faster.

Pros

In no particular order, but all equally important: - Social media and marketing integration is easy to setup and use - Dashboards and reports are the fastest and easiest I have seen; reporting highly customizable with just a few mouse clicks - Rapid deployment and migration; thousands of users, tens of thousands of records were migrated off of Cornerstone and fully functional in less than 60 days...

Cons

After six months of use, I have not come across a "least" like for Absorb. I would like to see more customization options for lower layer pages, but I cannot say this is an "issue" as I am still exploring the many possibilities offered by Absorb. For once, I have an LMS that I have not outgrown, I am still playing catch-up!

Great for Small Organizations

I've used a variety of learning management systems (LMS) over the years including Blackboard, Moodle, scormLMS, Canvas, Success-Factors, custom LMSs, and Absorb LMS. All of these had their place. Some were geared toward academics and schools (Blackboard, Moodle, and Canvas). Others were for huge enterprises (Success-Factors). While others were great to test your E-Learning modules on-line (scormLMS)....

Pros

1. Ease of use - it's in the cloud. 2. Simplified admin functions 3. Decent reporting tools. 4. Customized landing page.

Cons

1. Responses from Absorb can be slow. 2. Customer service isn't the best. 3. Can suffer from service outages.

Absorb is easy to use and great functionality!

Absorb has been great to learn, the customer support team and CRM's are amazing to work with. They are always willing to help achieve overall success for Admin and learners. Suggestions have been taken and quickly implemented into new feature releases. Absorb is continually striving to bring on more functions. The Knowledge center has videos, conversations and suggestion to help an Admin adapt quickly. The end user interface is easy to use, switches easily into mobile setting. I have not had any complaints about the learner interface from my end users.

Pros

The Admin interface is very user friendly. It is easy to create and publish a course in minutes to reach my learners immediately. The dashboard reports has been my favorite item recently. I am able to create and share specific dashboards that are impactful to our internal business units. Reporting is also a key feature for our admins. We are each able to create, save and share specific reports as well as have them sent on a re-occurring basis, saving us time and energy.

Cons

Initially, the course creation set up was a bit daunting, many pages to flip through. However, Absorb has updated the process and the Admin interface and changed its functionality to more align with a daily Admin. The update was well planned and thought out so that it did not disrupt any functions I was currently using.

Absorb: Solid But With Some Shortcomings

(note: this review is based on our experience using Absorb 4). At ARRIS, Absorb powers ARRIS Academy, our centralized location for all things training serving both internal employees as well as external customers. The platform has performed very well, maintaining consistent up time and performance while serving the diverse needs of our organization. Using the eCommerce integration and curricula,...

Absorb LMS - Flexible and User-Friendly

Pros

We have been using Absorb LMS for 4+ years. The product is excellent and the Absorb team is very cooperative in working with us to customize the LMS for our unique needs. It has evolved into a collaborative partnership, rather than a typical vendor-client relationship. We have users around the world, and the user-side LMS has proven to be stable and easy to use. The admin-side has a wide range of features, and it is relatively easy for people to learn the basics. We use the LMS to deliver classroom courses, e-learning and bundles. We have established special access roles for instructors which has streamlined operations. Absorb is releasing a major upgrade which we are testing. The upgrade adds great features, and we are eager to migrate to the new version.

Cons

We provide our clients with very specific project tracking and reporting functions that have become part of our competitive advantage. These functions go beyond the capabilities of the Absorb LMS and the needs of typical LMS users. We have had to develop customized modules that import data from the LMS.

Absorb has been an easy to use platform for meeting our eLearning needs for our community.

It allows us to engage our community through eLearning by showing courses, webinars and lesson relevant to our field of work. It allows us to keep our learners engaged, connected and kept current with ideas and best practices. It allows us the opportunity to represent ourselves as experts in out field.

Pros

Creating and development course content in a straight-forward and simple manner. Enjoy making quick edits and updates to published courses. Ease of importing courses from various types of APIs. Support staff is very attentive and helpful with students and system issues. Administrator back end is very flexible and easy to use. Enjoy using the "impersonate" feature, which can identify problems quickly. Like that the framework of Absorb is still under development, which allows for new innovations, looking for ways to improve and stay relevant.

Cons

Reporting features still need a bit of development to allow for more control and options for what should be saved in the report export document. Giving more options for data being displayed by a student transcript. Some features of pulling data from the metrics can be a bit tricky.

Team Absorb provides the perfect mix of Yoda and Obi-Wan for anyone new to the LMS universe!

We introduced Absorb ten months ago and have been able to centralize/track a lot of internal and external learning for staff. These are exciting times and there is so much more to learn!

Pros

My favourite feature is the people behind the software and their willingness to provide meaningful/practical answers for each question I ask. There really are no silly questions and that is most reassuring for novel LMS users! I had no prior experience with this type of technology so it's been quite the learning curve for me and my organization. Thanks to Team Absorb's reliable customer service,...

Cons

Right now, about 98% of supervisor approval requests make it to the supervisor but it would be awesome if 100% of the requests made it through.

Great LMS solution

Absorb is a solid LMS and a great solution compared to any alternative we examined from a cost/benefit perspective. Things that are cons are more than made up for by the pure breadth of functionality available for the price, and they're very very good at taking customer feedback and making improvements to their product. I'd be comfortable recommending them to any business looking to start up a new LMS or replace an aging in-house system.

Pros

Nice interface and excellent feature set - great coupon tool, course bundles, shopping cart functionality, multi-module courses, lesson plans, forced pre-requisites, monitoring and reporting (SCORM and AICC), scheduling tool, assessments and surveys, discussion boards, linking resources to courses, multi-tiered and customizeable user/admin management, certificates, waitlist management, and customizeable automated email notifications. Integrates with our web-based training platform (Adobe Connect), supports both self-paced and instructor-led courses, responsive to customer requests, able to go from zero to fully-functional LMS in a matter of days. Great value.

Cons

Can be a bit clunky and non-intuitive, difficult to set up and classes as individual objects (each course requires the set-up of a separate instance, even if you want a 1:1 ratio between setup and delivery), finance-based reporting (and reporting in general, actually) is just OK (but getting better), Flash interface that requires pop-ups is a recurring complaint, needs better user account flexibility (i.e. ability for users to manage their information, change their password, etc.) and security (everything is stored/visible in clear text).

Thanks for the review! As of 2013 Flash and popups are gone with the new HTML5 interface. We have also added additional security options as well as learner password management. We're looking forward to your continued feedback!

Absorb LMS - Great Product and Customer Service

Overall I would highly recommend the Absorb LMS software to any company who is looking for a customized and affordable solution. They have an excellent implementation team that will work with you every step of the way until you are satisfied with the finished product. They also have a great customer service team that is always responsive to our needs and are willing to work with us to incorporate new updates to our system.

Pros

While working with the Absorb team we were able to fully customize an Learning Management System to fit the needs of our small company within the clinical trials space. We initially worked with a great implementation team who were very supportive in meeting with us each step of the way to gather the proper requirements for our final product. Once we were satisfied with our finished product we were able to easily introduce the software to our employees to use with minimal training required. We continue to be very pleased with the level of customer service Absorb provides when we have a new inquiry or suggestion for improving our employees' experiences.

Cons

The only con to Absorb's software was that they did not have a full suite of course content that met our needs in terms of internal training. We were able to work around this feature by uploading course content through another provider which was easily imported into our current system.

Absorb Review

Pros

We are in our 6th year of using Absorb and have two portals for internal and external audiences. Absorb is powerful and provides a responsive experience for both the User and LMS Admin. There are features of the system we are still exploring as features and improvements are consistently offered.

Cons

We'd like to see more customization in the reporting function, especially when it comes to running mass reports based off more than one course, user, etc. Though this topic has already been addressed as a point of future improvement and releases.

Absorb has provided us with a unique mix of feature and quality support helping us obtain our goals.

Speed of delivery of content to customers and users and with the ease of user mgmt, the amount of time I am spent managing the system is kept to a minimum.

Pros

The ease of adding courses, content and attaching relevant material to this cannot be overlooked and for me is easily just one of the items most enjoyed. The built in workflow allows me to take my video production and related documents and attach them to a course that can be distributed to my users in a matter of minutes.

Cons

Nothing really stands out as a negative. One area for improvement would be exporting reports - It would be nice to be able to customize the look and feel of reports in the tool before exporting, and it is a minor issue as a lot of this can be done via the Excel export anyway.

I appreciate Absorb as a business partner

I appreciate the personal relationships we have at all levels within Absorb. Along with consistent communication and asking us what would make this product better.

Pros

Absorb has made it easy to use their tool for both our internal and external customers. The ease of use provides the learner with a positive user experience. With each new release, the tool becomes more and more of an asset.

Cons

Reporting functionality isn't as intuitive as the rest of the tool.

Not the ideal LMS, but pretty darn close.

We love Absorb. It works well and does exactly what we hoped it would. Even with the issues with reports and the test view, it’s still very much worth the money, if not just for the mobile app. We highly recommend Absorb if you’re looking for an easy-to-use LMS software that isn’t absurdly expensive.

Pros

Love the interface. It’s very easy to use, especially once you get the hang of it. There are so many features packed into the system, even in the mobile versions. Having a mobile version is a big plus due to many of our learners using iPads and the like.

Cons

Reporting and exporting reports seem to not work quite as well as we would hope, though it isn’t a deal-breaker. It would be nice to have a way to have a test view of what your learners see. Either by toggling or just a link to preview before everything’s finished.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.