Absorb LMS Reviews

User ratings

4.4

• Likelihood to recommend8.41/10

See full reviews by rating

CJ

Christine J.

Their customer service is by far THE BEST customer service I have ever received working with any other company. They are fast, responsive and always willing to help me out.

RW

Rachel W.

Great looking site design and flawless implementation. Amazing pricing and good product support.

SH

Stephen H.

Allison P.

Eunice S.

Resources don't have a thumbnail- makes them look empty/incomplete. No place for text on the home dashboard.

Allison P.

Wisetail LMS

Cornerstone LMS-logocaret

Cornerstone LMS

Compare both
How would you rate Absorb LMS?

Absorb is a Great Choice for a LMS

Transcript

Craig C.: Hi, my name is Craig. I am a consultant. I would give Absorb LMS a five. And if you want more...

Absorb is the perfect LMS!

Absorb is so powerful and easy to use. The company itself is great to work with. Their customer service staff is so nice and friendly, and the project manager and account manager I worked with helped me every step of the way. The interface is gorgeous and importing your learners is a snap. I love that Absorb has built-in quizzes that I can create in seconds. I also love that I was able to work with...

Pros

Fantastic customer support Easy to use design Quick import of new learners Easily upload any type of multimedia Customizable interface for branding Out of the box solution at a reasonable price point No extra IT or web developer support required

Cons

It would be great to: - Quickly switch between Admin and Learner to see a course - Create a "test" user who can take courses over and over again just to test functionality without having to enroll, un-enroll and then re-enroll - Show and disable the contest feature (without having customer support perform this function)

Easy to use LMS platform with the right amount of features for our needs

We were looking for an LMS platform for internal training that could be expanded to customer training afterwards. The sales engagement with Absorb LMS has been a great experience, providing us with the tools and knowledge to properly evaluate the platform (including a trial portal which we could test with our own content). Onboarding was well structured, with a clear plan of tasks to accomplish both...

Pros

Easy to use Solid onboarding training for admins Provides content hosting Supports SCORM and xAPI (Tin Can) Supports Instructor Led Classes Zoom integration BambooHR integration Salesforce integration Overall mature platform Great customer support

Cons

Look and feel customization lacks flexibility Some workflows could be streamlined, especially for course management No actual course authoring functionality: users need to import learning objects created with external tools, such as 3rd party eLearning authoring tools. This is fine for our needs, but it would add flexibility if there was at least some content authoring functionalities.

Great Software, Suffers terribly from its customer service.

I rushed into this purchase a little and didnt investigate the level of support that would be offered. In hindsight this would have been a game changer for me as I would have went elsewhere. The software is good, though it doesnt manage blended learning easily which is frustrating. Customer Support is absolutely non existent.

Pros

Good User Interface, Good Course Management. Good sync with BambooHR on most things. Good Learner interface. Good Customisation options.

Cons

Difficult to manage blended learning. Some factors in course management could use improvements. (Managing assessments) Cannot see how many absences from courses that users have. Some issues with how it syncs with Bamboo(overwriting course information) Customer Support is non existent. 10+ days to resolve any issues. Most issues I have to try and resolve myself by resetting and that causes me other issue. Can sometimes be 'buggy' and will introduce random bugs which can be time consuming to fix and result in me resetting the system sync.

Easy, Fluid Implementation; a Game-Changer for Our Company

Pros

Absorb has made the implementation process incredibly easy. User training was broken down into helpful microlearning and many features have been customizable, which my company stakeholders have loved. Having a project manager as a go-to source of knowledge has been fantastic, and the Help Center has given me self-sufficiency that I look for when working with other vendors. We also love that most features are already included in the pricing, versus being nickel and dimed for reporting, mobile interfaces, different learning methods, company branding, etc. We're excited to have Absorb help our company grow.

Cons

I'd love it if Absorb could work on additional API integrations that are included in the price. My company uses several 3rd party content creators (KnowB4, Udemy) and there are currently no connections with them.

One of the easiest system that I have developed and deployed

Pros

I found Absorb to be easy to use, from implementation to development. My Project Coordinators and integration teams were phenomenal in navigating the process and when challenges arise. We were able to customize the site to our likening and needs. The features are easy to use and user friendly for everyone. I would recommend this product!

Cons

The only downside that I experience was using one template for internal employees (using SSO) and external partners with e-commerce pricing. There were several issues that came up that we needed to be creative to address.

Cloud-based learning management system.

It is the leading eLearning solution. It delivers consonant, on-brand training nonetheless of location or learning requirements. It supports branded interfaces, responsive design, and social learning. It remains available 24*7 from anywhere. If you need any help, you will always find a absorb employee. One major benefit is that it maintains the LMS compliance standards for privacy protection and data security. It empowers learning even if you do not have an internet connection. Its mobile app maintains consistency with web LMS and learners can train offline. When the internet connection restores, course progression syncs automatically.

Pros

It is designed for all kinds of learners and organizations no matter you are a large corporation, mid-size business, or small business. It has made it easier to develop and manage training programs for both external and internal shareholders. Its main focus is on lining up learning needs with the demands of the business. It inspires business productivity. It empowers organizations all over the world to deliver training efficiently.

Cons

It is pretty expensive. Its tech support is not able to solve an issue. Sometimes, it does not do reporting at the level that you need it and results in reports that require much more manual work to meet the requirements. Also, dashboards of repotting have various column options that make it difficult to see information in one place. It lacks versioning. Thus, whenever you update a course, you will have to re-enroll all users. It has limited assessment options. So it should more options so that learners will have various paths leading to the same goal.

Absorb is a Great Choice for a LMS

Going with Absorb was a good move for us as we were shifting our focus to L&D and employee engagement. It was affordable and their staff have been gracious from the start.

Pros

Ease of use and deployment. Very beginner friendly for people who aren’t L&D professionals.

Cons

Inability to customize front page on the Learner View and reporting/analytics.

Absorb does a lot of awesome things. A few tweaks could make it even better.

Pros

Ease of course creation Branded dashboards Recently improved search page Options for badges and certificates Course and resource replication easy

Cons

Organization of Course and Resource folders is only alphabetical order No way to create groups through a CSV upload Enrollment and Resource availability rules limited for some items (i.e. can't exclude departments in enrollments)

The Absorb LMS is very flexible

Pros

Flexibility to adapt the solution to our specific needs and it's reliability. Our "rep" is very accessible and very helpful to bring solutions to our concerns.

Cons

the fact that we lost the file manager in the new admin interface and the search engine (not very efficient)

Finally, an LMS that is Simple and Customizable

We use Absorb for an external audience - volunteers - and they have no complaints. They find it simple to use and don't require an official onboarding process.

Pros

I love that this product is customizable according to your organization's needs. The business model is to teach you how to fish so that you own the system and can make branding updates, page templates, email templates, etc. You can customize the Learner Home to your preferences. You're not stuck with an LMS in a box where you have to rely on customer support for everything. In addition, the system is simple to learn administratively. I'm most impressed with its reporting function which has been very complicated in my experience with many other learning systems. Also, the Global Resources field is awesome so you don't have to pretend documents always belong with a course.

Cons

The ILC course feature could use more flexibility. Would be great to have users be able to register for more than one ILC session within a course. I end up duplicating a lot of courses just to add the ability to register for more sessions.

Feature dense software that is constantly improving

Our company has gone through tremendous change in backend systems. We had initially signed on with an LMS provider that was purchased by Absorb. The timing of that change was less than desirable, though it was abundantly clear that we were getting a superior product when we started the Absorb onboarding process. Our company has some very unique HRIS employee data structure. Absorb handles that data...

Pros

Ease of use for the front line team members. I've said frequently that the learner dashboard reminds me of a familiar streaming platform that our employees use regularly. The ability to customize the content per department/group and so on makes it that much better. There is no training necessary for our frontline staff on getting in and learning how to use the system, its so intuitive, clean and polished.

Cons

The rate at which Absorb introduces new features is unmatched (which is a pro), though sometimes it seems like they overlook some of the errors that are caused by new features. New upgrades always come with glitches, but some were a little surprising to have slipped through the cracks. They are very quick to act on any system issues reported though.

Absorb, the flexible, powerful yet easy to use LMS!

We use the LMS for the management of both internal and external training. It has been uneventful in the setup and management for both organizations. We have observed a few lacking capabilities in out of the box reporting to be able to report on these programs in a holistic way. However, with their APIs and direct database connections we have succeeded. While system availability and performance has...

Pros

Ease of use, no matter a user or administrator. Quick and responsive page loading, and simply ability to export data reports. Advance API and direct database access capability for growth and in-depth training program management and reporting. Customizable interface and deployment options with integration to other content provider libraries. Simple enrollment & curriculum rule writing and deployment.

Cons

Some difficulties in the management and deployment of blended learning within these challenging COVID times. Would like to see more out of the box higher level training program reports for a department, group, or training center. Could use some more options for defining departments, roles and user privilege's within the system.

Unexpected Limitations

Overall it's ok. Again we were really disappointed about the department/sub-department functionality. So if you are using Absorb for multiple clients not just internally then beware. It is definitely easier to see how many users we have in the system, who has taken what courses, our popular courses, and course evaluation scores which for us are all important KPI's. overall great value for the price.

Pros

Absorb is really easy to use and navigate. We purchased it for the ability to have "department" or sub-companies. We provide training materials and the platform to our clients so having a multi-tenant LMS was critical. I love the ability to customize colors and layout for various clients. The onboarding process was pretty smooth and the staff is attentive.

Cons

My biggest disappointment was that that the multi-tenancy or segregating by departments did not function as we expected causing us to have to adjust our offering and prices for clients. When assigning courses you can only assign to a whole or sub-department, you can exclude. So if 99 customers get the library and one doesn't, you have to allow 99 clients instead of just restricting one. When restricting...

The easiest and most attractive LMS I have used in the last ten years!

We have saved a very significant amount of time and money switching from Cornerstone to Absorb. And we have gained features, ease of use, faster time to market. As a company that puts customer service above all else, Absorb is our learning engine helping us deliver on that promise to our customers. We have grown our eLearning use by 300% since switching to Absorb mainly because it is very easy for our customers and we can get more content to market faster.

Pros

In no particular order, but all equally important: - Social media and marketing integration is easy to setup and use - Dashboards and reports are the fastest and easiest I have seen; reporting highly customizable with just a few mouse clicks - Rapid deployment and migration; thousands of users, tens of thousands of records were migrated off of Cornerstone and fully functional in less than 60 days...

Cons

After six months of use, I have not come across a "least" like for Absorb. I would like to see more customization options for lower layer pages, but I cannot say this is an "issue" as I am still exploring the many possibilities offered by Absorb. For once, I have an LMS that I have not outgrown, I am still playing catch-up!

Great for Small Organizations

I've used a variety of learning management systems (LMS) over the years including Blackboard, Moodle, scormLMS, Canvas, Success-Factors, custom LMSs, and Absorb LMS. All of these had their place. Some were geared toward academics and schools (Blackboard, Moodle, and Canvas). Others were for huge enterprises (Success-Factors). While others were great to test your E-Learning modules on-line (scormLMS)....

Pros

1. Ease of use - it's in the cloud. 2. Simplified admin functions 3. Decent reporting tools. 4. Customized landing page.

Cons

1. Responses from Absorb can be slow. 2. Customer service isn't the best. 3. Can suffer from service outages.

Absorb is easy to use and great functionality!

Absorb has been great to learn, the customer support team and CRM's are amazing to work with. They are always willing to help achieve overall success for Admin and learners. Suggestions have been taken and quickly implemented into new feature releases. Absorb is continually striving to bring on more functions. The Knowledge center has videos, conversations and suggestion to help an Admin adapt quickly. The end user interface is easy to use, switches easily into mobile setting. I have not had any complaints about the learner interface from my end users.

Pros

The Admin interface is very user friendly. It is easy to create and publish a course in minutes to reach my learners immediately. The dashboard reports has been my favorite item recently. I am able to create and share specific dashboards that are impactful to our internal business units. Reporting is also a key feature for our admins. We are each able to create, save and share specific reports as well as have them sent on a re-occurring basis, saving us time and energy.

Cons

Initially, the course creation set up was a bit daunting, many pages to flip through. However, Absorb has updated the process and the Admin interface and changed its functionality to more align with a daily Admin. The update was well planned and thought out so that it did not disrupt any functions I was currently using.

Absorb: Solid But With Some Shortcomings

(note: this review is based on our experience using Absorb 4). At ARRIS, Absorb powers ARRIS Academy, our centralized location for all things training serving both internal employees as well as external customers. The platform has performed very well, maintaining consistent up time and performance while serving the diverse needs of our organization. Using the eCommerce integration and curricula,...

Absorb LMS - Flexible and User-Friendly

Pros

We have been using Absorb LMS for 4+ years. The product is excellent and the Absorb team is very cooperative in working with us to customize the LMS for our unique needs. It has evolved into a collaborative partnership, rather than a typical vendor-client relationship. We have users around the world, and the user-side LMS has proven to be stable and easy to use. The admin-side has a wide range of features, and it is relatively easy for people to learn the basics. We use the LMS to deliver classroom courses, e-learning and bundles. We have established special access roles for instructors which has streamlined operations. Absorb is releasing a major upgrade which we are testing. The upgrade adds great features, and we are eager to migrate to the new version.

Cons

We provide our clients with very specific project tracking and reporting functions that have become part of our competitive advantage. These functions go beyond the capabilities of the Absorb LMS and the needs of typical LMS users. We have had to develop customized modules that import data from the LMS.

Absorb has been an easy to use platform for meeting our eLearning needs for our community.

It allows us to engage our community through eLearning by showing courses, webinars and lesson relevant to our field of work. It allows us to keep our learners engaged, connected and kept current with ideas and best practices. It allows us the opportunity to represent ourselves as experts in out field.

Pros

Creating and development course content in a straight-forward and simple manner. Enjoy making quick edits and updates to published courses. Ease of importing courses from various types of APIs. Support staff is very attentive and helpful with students and system issues. Administrator back end is very flexible and easy to use. Enjoy using the "impersonate" feature, which can identify problems quickly. Like that the framework of Absorb is still under development, which allows for new innovations, looking for ways to improve and stay relevant.

Cons

Reporting features still need a bit of development to allow for more control and options for what should be saved in the report export document. Giving more options for data being displayed by a student transcript. Some features of pulling data from the metrics can be a bit tricky.

Team Absorb provides the perfect mix of Yoda and Obi-Wan for anyone new to the LMS universe!

We introduced Absorb ten months ago and have been able to centralize/track a lot of internal and external learning for staff. These are exciting times and there is so much more to learn!

Pros

My favourite feature is the people behind the software and their willingness to provide meaningful/practical answers for each question I ask. There really are no silly questions and that is most reassuring for novel LMS users! I had no prior experience with this type of technology so it's been quite the learning curve for me and my organization. Thanks to Team Absorb's reliable customer service,...

Cons

Right now, about 98% of supervisor approval requests make it to the supervisor but it would be awesome if 100% of the requests made it through.

Great LMS solution

Absorb is a solid LMS and a great solution compared to any alternative we examined from a cost/benefit perspective. Things that are cons are more than made up for by the pure breadth of functionality available for the price, and they're very very good at taking customer feedback and making improvements to their product. I'd be comfortable recommending them to any business looking to start up a new LMS or replace an aging in-house system.

Pros

Nice interface and excellent feature set - great coupon tool, course bundles, shopping cart functionality, multi-module courses, lesson plans, forced pre-requisites, monitoring and reporting (SCORM and AICC), scheduling tool, assessments and surveys, discussion boards, linking resources to courses, multi-tiered and customizeable user/admin management, certificates, waitlist management, and customizeable automated email notifications. Integrates with our web-based training platform (Adobe Connect), supports both self-paced and instructor-led courses, responsive to customer requests, able to go from zero to fully-functional LMS in a matter of days. Great value.

Cons

Can be a bit clunky and non-intuitive, difficult to set up and classes as individual objects (each course requires the set-up of a separate instance, even if you want a 1:1 ratio between setup and delivery), finance-based reporting (and reporting in general, actually) is just OK (but getting better), Flash interface that requires pop-ups is a recurring complaint, needs better user account flexibility (i.e. ability for users to manage their information, change their password, etc.) and security (everything is stored/visible in clear text).

Thanks for the review! As of 2013 Flash and popups are gone with the new HTML5 interface. We have also added additional security options as well as learner password management. We're looking forward to your continued feedback!

Absorb LMS - Great Product and Customer Service

Overall I would highly recommend the Absorb LMS software to any company who is looking for a customized and affordable solution. They have an excellent implementation team that will work with you every step of the way until you are satisfied with the finished product. They also have a great customer service team that is always responsive to our needs and are willing to work with us to incorporate new updates to our system.

Pros

While working with the Absorb team we were able to fully customize an Learning Management System to fit the needs of our small company within the clinical trials space. We initially worked with a great implementation team who were very supportive in meeting with us each step of the way to gather the proper requirements for our final product. Once we were satisfied with our finished product we were able to easily introduce the software to our employees to use with minimal training required. We continue to be very pleased with the level of customer service Absorb provides when we have a new inquiry or suggestion for improving our employees' experiences.

Cons

The only con to Absorb's software was that they did not have a full suite of course content that met our needs in terms of internal training. We were able to work around this feature by uploading course content through another provider which was easily imported into our current system.

A solid LMS that just keeps getting better.

Overall, our company was looking for a platform to offer both mandatory and optional training for our employees during the COVID lock downs. When implementing Absorb, we found it also was platform for not only training, but also an informational channel, complete with acknowledgements of receiving the information. It will also be the backbone for all of our ILCs moving forward, and hopefully with more solid integration with our Teams platform.

Pros

Ease of use as both a learner and administrator. ADP integration and automation. Learner and Admin portals load quickly and are responsive. Excellent support and implementation experiences with quick turn around, and constant updates and improvements in the pipe line.

Cons

Limited assessment options when it comes to answer types. Reporting structure takes a bit to get used to. Setup takes quite a bit of time investment, but pays off with future proofing the system.

Absorb Review

Pros

We are in our 6th year of using Absorb and have two portals for internal and external audiences. Absorb is powerful and provides a responsive experience for both the User and LMS Admin. There are features of the system we are still exploring as features and improvements are consistently offered.

Cons

We'd like to see more customization in the reporting function, especially when it comes to running mass reports based off more than one course, user, etc. Though this topic has already been addressed as a point of future improvement and releases.

Great product

Pros

Pre built templates are wonderful for admins. User friendly UI experience.

Cons

N/A no cons at this time. We have enjoyed the software and experience.