Absorb LMS Reviews - Page 3

Best LMS on the market for mid-size organization, great price!

After searching for over 6 months, our organization (research institute at a University) happily landed on Absorb. We use it for about 300 internal employees, and around 100-200 external clients. It is fantastic. The learner interface is intuitive and smooth: we recently held a workshop with 80 participants from 38 different countries (many languages, a range of backgrounds in technology), and...

Easy to use, affordable LMS

Pros

Blatant Media developed such a forward thinking interface that it hasn't needed a refresh the last few years. This is a positive, not a negative. I've been both an admin and a user of the system and it's really nice to know everything is going to be laid out the same even after not using it for a few months. Very future proof. The responsive capabilities of the user end are really top-notch as well. Great for blended learning as well as complete "eLearning."

Cons

Support is just okay. I think they outsource their support and it's not always super efficient.

Great LMS, Great Value

I worked for a fast-growing startup that needed a full-featured LMS, hosted, and didn't cost an arm-and-a-leg. Absorb LMS fit that bill and then some. I was super-impressed with the ease of use of their interface and the intuitive nature of their setup and processes. It also helped that they had tight integration with Adobe Connect, which was our preferred platform for web conferences. I strongly recommend them to anyone looking to implement a new LMS, or to replace an old, clunky, hard-to-use one. (And there are a lot of those out there...)

Pros

Intuitive, slick interfaces on both the front and back end. Easy to use and administer. User experience was fantastic. Highly responsive team addressing any concerns or issues.

Cons

Any cons that we ran into were dealt with in short order, and we were a relatively small client! Great customer support made this a dream process.

Trusted Intenet/E-Learning Tool

Pros

I've used it for many years for continuing education and for new hire training. Its always been easy to use and it seems to get better all the time It actually surprises me when I see a new feature. It's free for the learner, so I have nothing on price points.

Cons

I have never had an issue with the product and I have never had to use any support advice. I have only used it internally with a company I am contracted with. I use it to train or do my continuing ed for the companies they put me with. With each training session, I have found no issues.

Great support

Pros

I was a novice LMS administrator. They worked with me and helped me set up my framework. They were very responsive, helpful and courteous. They never made me feel like I was asking a silly question. It's a very stable hosted website. My company has been with them since 2012. There has been no significant down times in that entire time. It is flexible, supportive, and helpful.

Cons

Some of the reporting did not do what I needed it to do. It was initially hard to set up correctly. Though that could be my user error, it still seemed a little cumbersome. They are migrating their customers to a significant upgrade right now. I can't wait to use the single sign on version they previewed for me.

This LMS is simple but very effective, easy to use and excellent for small and medium businesses.

Pros

The built in workflow allows me to create a course that can be distributed to my users in a matter of minutes. Easily upload any type of multimedia, its UX and UI. is magnific. can access all function very easily whether you are a student, an instructor or an admin. keep a running list of enrolled and completed courses

Cons

The calendar could be better.. need more integration with other comercials calendars, Requires deep technical experience for Customize this system, does not allow to create a data repository per student in a simple way, it is not an integrated talent management system. Reporting features, they need to improve them a lot, . The administrative functions are dificult to navigate and there are steps that are unnecessary in several of the processes.

Absorb 4 has been great, but really looking forward to Absorb 5

My company has been using Absorb 4 since 2012, and we've been mostly happy with the functionality and ease of use. The learner interface is very intuitive. Only downside for our institution was the inability to "hide" completed courses from the My Courses list. That has been fixed in Absorb 5, which is very good news. Administrators find the Admin interface fairly easy to use, but again we're excited about seeing the changes that come with Absorb 5.

Pros

Mobile friendly, good search capabilities, customizable with branding

Cons

Most of the cons for us were because we had an installed instance instead of cloud hosted. Updates were hard to process and therefore we were always multiple versions behind. These issues should be resolved with being hosted, since updates are pushed out automatically.

Great Learning Portal, excellent partner!

Pros: - Access to easy Admin reporting with basic customization and scheduling capabilities - Responsive Technical Support Group - Ease-of-use for both Admin and Student sites - Continuous system enhancements such as upgrade to HTML platform - Ability to customize user interface, images, and messaging through Admin site. Cons: - Limited phone access to Technical Support Overall: Absorb...

Brandable, Intuitive, and Data Rich

One of the best things about Absorb compared with other LMS products is the look. Designing a great course and putting it in a dated interface is awful. Absorb's ability to customize the interface and design gives our company the ability to create a brand for our training program that echoes our company's values and web presence. Absorb is intuitive and extremely easy to use. It does not take long...

The Learning Exchange LMS

Pros

The product is graphically pleasing and user-friendly when moving through the training courses. I like how the courses track your progress and keep a running list of enrolled and completed courses. I find it to be a very organized system for both an administrator and a learner. In the administrator mode, I like how you can enroll a learner into a course through multiple avenues, all depending on how you want to search for the learner in the system.

Cons

In the administrator mode when enrolling a learner into a course or verifying completion status of a course across an entire department, the system often needs to be refreshed and/or data must be completely cleared and then re-entered in order to search. This is a simple but very frustrating complaint I have about this program.

Core LMS functionality does not function...

Unfortunately it's been a really bad experience. As noted, we didn't select this product and have been placed in a situation where we have to make it work as best we can. Our migration team has been good in communicating with us, but while the support team is "working" on our issues, most issues have been ongoing/unresolved for months or since migration.

Pros

It's hard to say what I like most at this point. As a new customer experiencing a high volume of issues, I haven't gotten to find what I like yet!

Cons

We became an Absorb customer after an acquisition of our previous vendor. The migration didn't go very smooth, but having been through implementations before though, I recognize some problems are to be expected. That said, we are still experiencing VERY significant issues with what should be core functionality of any LMS that is damaging our business and resulting in terrible user experiences for our learners and administrators. And due to the acquisition, we unfortunately had no choice. We have experienced a number of serious downgrades in functionality from our previous system that have presented significant additional time and labor to accommodate, and in some cases we just needed to accept completely losing functionality we once possessed.

Does most things you want

We are able to have people pay for courses.

Pros

The new learner experience they created is going to bring this software to a whole 'nother level. My ratings and this review is based on the new learner experience, not the previous version. It looks good, works well (has a few bugs they are actively working on), and does almost everything we need as a company. There are a few minor "wants" but the support team seems receptive to getting those going.

Cons

The back-end is not totally intuitive, and it's a little buggy. Sometimes you'll save something and it'll go back to the start page. It still achieves everything you need, it's just not super slick/seamless all the time.

The system is not intuitive and is more of a 'content management' solution with little ability to deliver data to impact learners or business results.

As the current admin I inherited this system and have learned how to 'manipulate' it for my needs, but except for the low-cost I would hesitate to recommend anything outside our own customer service experience.

Pros

Customer support has been dedicated and addressed our concerns, however much of the FAQs are only in text format with no video or other engagement methods to demonstrate walk throughs.

Cons

Limited functions, does not allow us to connect learning direct with learners since it has a 'firewall' type sign on mechanism that does not connect hyperlinks to courses. Authoring tool very limited, and searchability is difficult for admin and users.

Completely Satisfied

We needed an LMS for our TeamProfessor Application Security eLearning and we settled on Absorb after a broad and detailed search with formal criteria. We eliminated the big guys for cost and lack of flexibility, and the little guys did not have the features or maturity we needed. Absorb has the right set of capabilities that met all of our criteria including scalability, administration ease and flexibility,...

Pros

User Experience Administration Flexibility Scalability Design Reporting Enrollment Key Feature

Cons

New HTML 5 interface still maturing, but looks great.

Solid LMS program

Pros

Cloud based with individual user login access. Tracks each individually with a scorecard track. Provides Admin view to see how your team is progressing from individual scores to percentage of the organization progress.

Cons

Video buffering which requires a strong internet connection. Customizable but not easily searchable.

Great for brand personalization

We are ensuring that our coaches receive consistent information through the modules we have designed. This platform has also allowed us also track module completion.

Pros

Since our elearnings are branded and we are focused on brand pride. We were able to personalize our elearning site, organize lessons based on due dates and topics and create reports on lesson completion.

Cons

We have had some issues with uploading different file types into our document library. This has been something that creates delays in our coaches being able to access the materials needed for our weekly trainings. Supervisors also then don't have the materials to effectively lead their weekly meetings.

Highly visual learning management system. Reporting is top-notch. Can handle complex learning paths.

Pros

The ad-hoc reporting is the easiest I've seen in any LMS. Very easy to check the boxes of the info you're looking for and download a report. Literally only takes minutes. Can handle very complex learning paths.

Cons

It would be cool if they added a bit more talent management features. Career pathing is just "okay" in Absorb.

Absorb has best admin UX

We selected the Absorb LMS ahead of Cornerstone onDemand, Lightspeed VT, Skillsoft/SumTotal, ExpertusOne, Growth Engineering, Process Peak, and Moodle based on ease of use for the user interface, as well as having, in my opinion, the best admin interface. Things that took me hours to do in the sandbox of other vendors took minutes with Absorb. Ed Hanson was our salesman and was super friendly and...

Absorb LMS

Pros

Compared to other similar learning management systems, absorb has one of the best user interfaces and visual appeal. Great level of customization for various needs or contexts.

Cons

The biggest issue is cost - it just wasn't viable for my smaller organization in the long run compared to other alternatives.

Absorb LMS...simply great!

This LMS is the best or near the top of providers and tools if you use instructor-led and online learning. For the pricing, you won't find a better tool. Like all solutions there are things that could be improved, but outside of custom products, Absorb LMS is a superb product, with great support, and a company that has become a learning partner.

Pros

Excellent online learning deliver and Instructor Led administration. Reduces administrative demands and simple user interface requires very few clicks. Career module for easy tracking of employee needed and acquired job skills. Great looking site design and flawless implementation. Amazing pricing and good product support. Blatant is a learning partner.

Cons

Must use a third party content development tool. Flash based learning site creates some end user computer compatibility issues. No mobile solution.

Thanks for your review Stephen! We're happy to share that Wheeler University is now mobile capable with HTML5!

Would be a perfect solution if the support wasn't terrible

Pros

- Absorb has many features - Many integrations, including Absorb Create - Relatively easy to use

Cons

- For a learning solution, the knowledge base is very basic - Support team are friendly over the phone, but don't always answer calls, voicemails or reply to tickets - Absorb Create support is horrendous. Long wait times and support team aren't helpful - Onboarding experience was not worth the implementation fee. Training sessions were not provided considering what was told in the initial session. A real lack of communication, education and support from the start.

Extremely Stable Platform, Great Support Teams, Brand Customizable

As the single developer, content writer and administrator for my company's e-learning solution, Absorb LMS has made my life so easy. Running this system for my company is only about 1/10th of my overall responsibilities, and I don't have a full team developing our online tools, so having a reliable, minimal maintenance system makes it possible for me to do everything. This framework is intuitive...

Cons

Great and easy to use product, Love the branding capabilities

Pros

Really enjoy how simple the admin interface is. The team over there does a great job of getting you started with the product and supported as you use it.

Cons

Sometimes there are downtimes and performance issues, but they usually take steps to ensure the same issue doesn't happen twice.

Great, affordable, easy to use

Absorb is a great LMS and company from start to finish. I had original come across them as I was working on a list of potential LMS's for a large retail company, and when stacked up against industry giants like Cornerstone or SuccessFactors, they were still on our list of top LMS's. When I moved jobs and was given the go ahead to bring in an LMS, I started my search over again, but made sure to...

Excellent LMS!

Pros

The LMS is flexible and scalable. Our large, complex institution is using the LMS to deliver training to employees, students, and volunteers. The product is fully supported on multiple browsers, and the user interface scales beautifully on tablets and phones. Administrators with access to create training are finding it generally easier to use than our previous LMS systems. Updates are frequent and regularly scheduled, and the vendor is open to ideas for improvements.

Cons

My only concerns have been related to the process for suggesting improvements and getting them approved and implemented. The vendor's development team is small, so some improvements take a while to implement.