Adobe Learning Manager Logo

Adobe Learning Manager

Deliver personalized learning experiences at scale.

Adobe Learning Manager Reviews

4.3

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend7.74/10

Reviews by rating

It is very easy to use and the best thing that I like is that learners can easily navigate and see the learning calendar which helps in scheduling course while training.
Adobe products have very good interface including this software. The awesome thing that I like is that you can customize courses as it suits you.
API quality is very very bad, restriction of getting on 19 records sucks.
Above; the only staff that reached out to me were staff who were concerned more about completing the sale than assisting me with the product. The staff's English was difficult to understand.
This was not such a success and the infomation available during this process was limited. E.g. error messages where limited and the descriptions on how to create and upload where not that extensive.

Paul W.

developer

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Giving Your Organization A Learning Edge

Transcript

Paul W.: Hi, my name's Paul. I'm an e-learning designer developer. I give Adobe Captivate Prime five...

AJ

Angel J.

HMIS Operations Manager

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Adobe Captivate Prime

Transcript

Angel: My name is Angel. And I am an HMIS operations manager. And I rate Adobe Captivate a four. For...

Chantelle C.

Internet, 201-500 employees

An intelligent LMS Solution for eLearning and Enhanced Engagement

One of the major problems that we were trying to overcome was how to deploy our eLearning modules, presentations, and learning plans while still tracking user engagement, retention, and participation all without requiring our own hosted server. Adobe Captivate Prime delivers this solution while providing us with exceptional support.

Pros

The major positive that has Adobe Captivate as our top choice is the wealth of functionality that it comes with. It completely blows the competition out of the water where features are concerned. Whether you want to record training presentations, do screen capturing, schedule notifications and reports, create learning plans, or incentivize your learning modules, prime basically has it all. The program is intelligent in its format delivery allowing our users to change their languages, formats, or playback methods, and it enables enhanced user engagement through offline learning, gamification, badges, bookmarks and revision notes. Unlike other programs, Adobe Captivate delivers for those who want to create an enjoyable eLearning experience.

Cons

Despite Adobe Captivate’s attempts at a more modern user-interface with flat menus and no hidden buttons, the software is not intuitive for those jumping in for the first time. Unfortunately, a lot of the functionality of the software is buried deep within the thick menus and because of the single web page architecture, you need to invest in a lot of time to sort through the program to find what you need. With dozens of buttons and menus, you end up investing a ton of time into experimentation and tutorial reading. This is definitely a piece of software for those who want to use it and nothing else, as jumping in and “going with the learning flow” is not as easy as they make it sound.

mahmoud R.

Motion Pictures and Film, 11-50 employees

The best in e-learning and team training

It is a powerful ability to create different types of e-learning content easily, professional results and very useful for companies to train their customers or if you are doing a specific course, it is good for you and also track reports with a set of dashboard in addition to managing courses, schedules, virtual training and also video record with Audio to create a video presentation.

Pros

It is one of the best e-learning software and tasks can be obtained, completed and managed easily plus it is easy to simulate, add animations and highlight contents. It's easy to navigate and see all my courses. Their customer service team is very helpful and responsive and also the idea of having access to more than one different profile, these perks the truth is that I tested many products for Adobe because of my work as a video editor, and I can say that they are a professional company that makes their customers happy.

Cons

The cost may be high for me whether I work alone or with a small company of two or more because The program is directed to large companies, in addition to the fact that there are not many templates, and the player window is not on the same page as the slides and elements

HT

Herb T.

Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Adobe Captivate Prime - Make Sure You vet them well

Overall, the ACP sales team is very good at what they do in advertising features. The basic functions of integrations with an HRIS is complex and needs to be well tested before you enter in a contract. The basic functions for calendaring needs to be well tested to make sure Adobe systems communicate with your email provider. Reporting looks extensive but requires a lot of your own manipulation to be useful.

Pros

The user experience is strong and the look of the platform is very eye appealing. You can customize tiles by your own images and branding. The UX can be customized to your organization colors as well. SSO has worked very well for users.

Cons

Integration in Workday has taken 2.5 years to resolve and they advertised it would instantly work. There are a lot of reports but they only come in excel files and if you want something more comprehensive, you need a strong analyst or a Power BI license with someone who knows how to extrapolate data into dashboards. The dashboards in ACP are on a day lag for reporting. The basic calendaring functions for live or virtual classes (send out invites, update invites, cancel meetings) is the most basic function and is still inconsistent/unreliable for us. Their support team takes extensive time to resolve problems or never resolves them or takes them a long time to provide a work-around or just acknowledge they cannot fix something.

Nohemi R.

Retail, self-employed

Captivate Prime LMS

You can host certifications internally or by a third party. For internal, you need to define the courses that a learner has to complete to achieve completion status and the period the certification validity. All learning activities (assessments, skill level attainment and learning status) are automatically tracked, and managers can generate reports or subscribe to get them automatically in their e-mails...

Pros

This platform is really interesting for learning managers. It has many features that allow an effective learner administration and different ways to manage users (external or internal). You can add users by uploading from a spreadsheet, create groups of learners based on location or business unit, use self enrollment or automate the adding new users. It also supports interactive content like Scorm, AICC, Tincan and regular content like Videos, Pdfs, PPTs, word and excel files.

Cons

The tools to create courses are very basic so it is recommended to create courses using other tools like Captivate and upload the content. You can also add activities and tests, but they also have to be created using another tool because it only allows you to add an external URL for learners to refer to, or have students submit files.

Cedric A.

Nonprofit Organization Management, self-employed

Used other for 2+ years

Captivate Still Works

I have used this since 2006 when the military was first trying it out and it very stable in use.

Pros

Easy to use and a great teaching tool. Always a great tool and easy to record lessons with it.

Cons

Affordability at times. I wish it was cheaper to purchase and also better discounts.

IS

Iain S.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Frustrating system

Frustrating and I felt lost

Pros

It is very easy to integrate other Adobe products into the LMS

Cons

The 'How to do things' showed things differently to my experience. I attempted to follow the step by step but it was not doing what I wanted it to do.

AD

Aaron D.

Retail, 1,001-5,000 employees

Good Start with Room for Improvement

Overall I'm indifferent with my experience with Adobe Captivate Prime. The product is competitively​ priced but lacks some key functionality my users need.

Pros

Price of the product User Interface Product Support

Cons

Lacks some key functionality User navigation

WandaJean J.

Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees

Best in Class

My team employed ACP to support a sales team. This team was frustrated with how cumbersome it was to load training onto the existing LMS and learners needed a better/mobile experience. We achieved BOTH with ACP. There's no turning back now.

Pros

The software is absolutely up-to-date. Learners have mentioned that the learner-centric interface and functionality are what they appreciate the most about this system. It's easy to interact with the content in the mobile app as well. They are motivated by the gamification options and by each other. Customer support is relatively fast and very personable.

Cons

Our Admin team setup mock courses and learning programs for testing purposes only. We went back in to clean out those test files, but the system would not allow us to delete them. We have to live with these test files in the archive. Not a showstopper, but it's silly to not be able to delete them. Also, there are some cases where the L&D team wants managers to review/grade their own employees easily. This was not an automatic option in the system.

BG

Bracia G.

Wholesale, 1-10 employees

Adobe Self Help

Pros

What I enjoy most is the easy and convenient of this softawate. It helps my team organize important documents and reports

Cons

What I like least is the number of organizing options.

FC

Filipe C.

Automotive, 501-1,000 employees

ALM Review

Pros

great software to engage with customers and to increase colleagues/employers skills

Cons

Not so easy for someone who is not used to the "internet", to expensive for the features.

AM

Alisa M.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Good product, except for the customer support

Pros

Simple and clean look, the main features work well, overall good feeling about the product.

Cons

Everything is great until you face a problem. Then you will struggle with the customer support, which is all outsourced and responds to emails after two days at best. After it does, if you had a simple problem, it will be solved. If it's not that common, you will struggle for weeks until someone figures out what was wrong. The second thing is their certifications. You can't upload your own certificate...

EL

Emily L.

Consumer Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Best Editing Software for Businesses

It's a trusted label. The marketing is perfect and helped me choose the right tool to use that will help save time money and effort.

Pros

I really enjoyed the ease of use. The software has minimal bloat or ads so its really easy to know exactly what to do or to help prevent people from making mistakes or getting lost in the beginning of a process. I've has several customers I ended up recommending this software to because they need to work on certain documents. Sometimes they dont have access to a printer or scanner so I can get their documents back right away.

Cons

I dislike that it doesn't come with more instruction. It does have a learning curve but it's not too hard to figure out. I would like to see more webinars on the website instructing businesses and users on the best way to use the software.

Automotive, 201-500 employees

Customer Training Tool

Overall, we are new users, but we are moving forward at a good pace with our project and Captivate Prime has been fairly easy to set up. We are looking forward to expanding our use to internal employees and foresee a long relationship with Adobe!

Pros

There are several functions in Captivate Prime that have met the needs of our company. First of all, we needed to grant access to a course or group of courses to our customers based on a 12-month contract. The pricing structure and ability to purchase blocks of users on a 12-month schedule works perfectly for us. Also, we needed the ability to assign certain courses and certifications to specific...

Cons

There are several things I have had to research extensively to understand and it seems like they online user guide could be much more detailed. I don't understand why I can't delete User Groups that I created during testing now that I don't need them any longer. Doesn't make much sense. One recommendation I have is to disable all emails/notifications as you begin and then go back and select those that you want. There are too many in my opinion and they are redundant. I want to respect our customer's time and inbox - too many emails can be off putting!

VL

Vince L.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

A decent product

Don't need to manage the LMS environment ourselves and is pretty easy to setup out of the box and bring over our existing courses over. SSO is important to us.

Pros

Product overall is fairly easy to use and overall looks visually appealing. It's easy to get it setup and running. Customer service is good with helping solve problems when there is a solution. Having APIs available is helpful as well as single-sign-on.

Cons

Fluid player isn't very good. Table of contents doesn't display or navigate well. Player controls are limiting and only good for videos, but not good for Adobe Captivate files where you have multiple slides. You need to create your own "advance to next slide" type buttons within your Captivate files as the player does not support it. Would be good to have the option to disable the native player. Not having a payment module to sell courses. If there is a course purchase module added, would be important that it has many integrations however. If you have a lot of courses listed, the "show more results" option is a bit hidden. Reporting can be better as well.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Perspective of a light user

It gives me what I need to make video recordings of trainings and demos at a much higher quality than a recorded webinar. Once you figure out the quirks, it's easy to replicate the steps from project to project.

Pros

We use the Captivate suite for elearning development. My use is primarily limited to creating training video recordings to achieve higher quality than simply recording a web conference/webinar. From that perspective, I like the ability to create video demos and edit them to remove my hesitations and other hiccups. With a simple USB microphone, the audio quality is very good, and the ability to do basic editing meets my needs. I like being able to easily create multiple mini videos and combine them into a larger project.

Cons

There are a lot of options - it can be a bit much if you are muddling through on your own. There are a lot of external learning resources available, however. I also wish that it was a little more straightforward to edit individual video files after you've brought them into a project. I find that the graphic capabilities (creating title slides, for example) is a little clunky, so I usually just end up designing those in power point and exporting them as jpeg images for the Captivate project.

Andrew G.

Building Materials, 501-1,000 employees

A modern LMS with some standout features

Pros

Easy set up and smart rules There are several smart rules which can be built into ACP which allow automatic assigning of teams, courses and learning paths when someone is created or registered in the system. Other LMS’s provide this, but the way this is set up in ACP is intuitive and smart. It drastically cuts down the time needed to get people up and running on the LMS and will save the time that...

Cons

The software is a little pricier than other LMS's out there on the market.

VH

Vikas H.

Industrial Automation, 51-200 employees

Great learning management tool

Pros

The best thing that I like about Captivate Prime is that it has got webcam feature which lets you connect with your learners effectively. Even if you don't know much about technology or you are new to it, you can still do wonders with the capabilites of Captivate Prime. You can add your voice to your presentations really easily and create impressive learning modules on Captivate.

Cons

Captivate Prime has been there in the market for long and it has evolved a lot. So, there is nothing that I don't like about Capitvate Prime. It will be really great if they can lower the price a bit.

Jordanne O.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Great LMS software for people new to e-learning

Pros

It is incredibly easy to use, but has a lot of features who want to do more advance things with their e-learning. I really like that you can set up soft skill and compliance trainings within the environment with relative ease. If you are new to elearning and simply want to put videos or presentations online and track people's use then it is very easy and fast to do. However if you want to create incredibly immersive and intuitive learning for your team then you can also do that with a little bit of practice and experience.

Cons

Even though this software is super easy to use on a basic level it does get difficult to do more advanced things on your own. Unfortunately customer service and training for this software is not super extensive. When I purchased the system I had a representative from Adobe who walked me through the basics and initial set up and that was great, but beyond that you will have to seek out more support on your own to do more advanced things such as learning how to integrate Prime into Salesforce. Some of the features can be confusing and, as I often find with Adobe, their customer service online (not talking to a rep but actually just looking for answers online) can be very confusing and not helpful.

NA

Nathan A.

Information Services, 51-200 employees

Lots of Functionality but Cumbersome and Not Intuitive

Lots of potential - but not easy to learn/use/manage

Pros

Has many features, many more than I'm sure I am aware of. The system looks really clean. Like being able to switch between types of roles easily.

Cons

It's been a huge struggle trying to get everything working properly. The catalog and recommended learning areas almost never show what I expect, adding filters in the catalog sometimes works and sometimes seems to do nothing. Revisiting the same page seems to have different results in terms of what courses/learning programs/filters appear. I've not yet found a good way to efficiently manage all of...

JW

Janice W.

Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees

Used other for less than 6 months

An LMS with lots of handy features especially for larger companies

Pros

Very good for Tracking Excellent Multi Tenanting configuration possibilities for a business that is a GROUP of companies. The Branding by use of a theme is a good idea. Love the email templates and automation within the system, it is a very handy feature for tracking learning, very handy indeed! Especially, for larger companies. The use of setting up a programme and Learning Plans with certification...

Cons

Found the course more suitable to commercial application. It is important to have all your assets ready to start building the course and it would take some planning beforehand. This is not an LMS for lighthearted course development, and I do see this LMS as best suited to an ultra security conscious commercial environment that protects its assets like fort knox! For this reason alone, as a business, I would buy it.

JG

Joe G.

Used other for 6-12 months

The easiest, quickest LMS I've ever used

Pros

1. In less than two hours, I had set up Captivate Prime. I had no hassles or problems. 2. The menus and options are easy to understand and look modern. 3. Despite the ease of use, I can do just about anything I'd want an LMS to do with Prime. 4. I can set up user roles and permissions at six different levels, including Learner. 5. I can set up external users, those outside my organization, and...

Cons

It would be nice if Adobe offered trials longer than 30 days for those who want to try out the product because it can take a while to really put it through its paces.

RS

Reelika S.

E-Learning, self-employed

Great tool for online learning

Pros

So many great features that are available to use and provide the best customer experience

Cons

It can be overwhelming to have so many options available

EB

Emily B.

Design, self-employed

Outdated

Was using it for a class and local business for creating teaching modules. Not only was the program a pain to use but it was not as efficient as I would have liked and have come to expect from Adobe products. If they would put more effort into keeping it updated and more like the programs offered in Creative Cloud it could be an exceptional product. However it is not at all.

Pros

Easy to create own template and customize the overall look of modules.

Cons

Outdated widgets, broken links, overall unsatisfied with the entire program. Over priced and does not let you cancel at any time without charging you a ridiculous fee. I could go on and on about how things did not work but this is a waste of my time because the program is the worst Adobe program I have ever used.

James E.

Accounting, 501-1,000 employees

For the expert!

This tool is one of the more complex authoring tools and takes a lot longer to master than other tools. However the Accessability features make it a must for all users.

Pros

So many features. The responsive nature within publish. Accessability features for disabled. Screen recording and mp4 publish output.

Cons

Lack of building up layers. Not the easiest tool to pick up and just develop with.

MJ

Mark J.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Abobe - The epitome of quality

It was a bit of a challenge getting to know the finer details of the setup, but once that was done, it was an absolute pleasure.

Pros

The speed at which I can produce training material.

Cons

A few features or settings that are not easy to understand or use.