Lever Reviews

Marina I.

The platform is clean and super easy to use, and their customer service is super dedicated. The value for money is clear.

Louis B.

Overall, Lever is useful and good. The analytics are useful and overall interface pleasant to use.

Cons

I also don't like the lack of formatting options in the feedback text boxes - for example, bullets copied in from a Word or Google Doc are lost, resulting in garbled text.

Sophie A.

Awful Career page function and design. Poor design for candidate experience.

Brian G.

SO if you have a logo, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter logo expect a blank entry. Customer Service told us we were doing it wrong.

Karen U.

Amazing user experience from end to end with Lever !

Saving time on everything from applications review to interviews feedbacks, including sourcing and nurturing !

Pros

I really enjoyed discovering the Nurture feature that helps me save a lot of time. The team collaboration on hiring is really smooth thanks to Lever from reviewing sourced profiles and applications to completing interviews feedbacks. Using Lever really ease the implementation of new collaborative hiring process within GitBook. My experience with Lever is the first user experience I ever had that encourages me to recommend a product being 100% confident ! I enjoyed every step of my experience with Lever from the very 1st call discovering the product with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], all the way to the amazing on-boarding led by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] until being an actual power user of Lever.

Cons

There is not much things I didn't like about Lever. If I would think of one, it would be the grey UI that is not really appealing and sometimes the UX such as having to go back on settings part to update a template but those doesn't reduce the great user experience one should have using Lever.

Smart ATS + CRM tool

We went through the implementation led by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and that was superb. Overall the customer care is strong and I like the product. There are several features that Lever should work on so it fits better organizations of a larger scale (1000+) as some of the workflows are just not granular enough.

Pros

- sourcing part - integrations with other systems - the system is smart so it is limiting mistakes - reporting is strong (as the system does not allow many mistakes)

Cons

GDPR options are very simple, we need them more advanced as a EU based company user roles - too simple for us, again we would need to have them more granular email/interview templates - it would be great if these could be preset based on the interview name/type - it would save a lot of time to search through templates department/team set up - as this affects the entire system and automation it is very hard to set it up correctly, as we are an organization of larger scale, it is just not enough granular for us job offer approval set up - again not granular enough for us

New rollouts

Lever used to be a great program with lots of features, they just ruined it with the new roll out.

Pros

At the moment nothing is good about this software

Cons

Merging had been disabled. We can no longer join new and old profiles into one profile. New and existing profiles - we are no longer notified if a candidate may be a duplicate. Have you ever spoken with a candidate only to find out that they where not a good fit before? Emails do not sync properly - Gmail will not be delivered if sent through Lever. We have found that we must copy and paste the email...

Great candidate-centric ATS.

Overall we're really really happy with Lever. It's a huge improvement to our last ATS and will be critical in our next stage of growth. It's really a well-designed system.

Pros

Our company operates similarily to a recruiting agency, which means we tend to hire for the same job on an ongoing basis, as opposed to hiring one or two candidates, then closing the job. Because of this, Lever helped us understand that we need a candidate-centric ATS, as opposed to a job centric ATS. This is a critical distinction when evaluating ATS, and is why we selected Lever over other systems....

Cons

The reporting can be a little hard to understand at times. It doesn't have a direct integration with indeed, zip recruiter, or other job boards, so job distribution isn't as good as our last system (workable). But we're making it work.

Great Data-Driven ATS

ATS that cares about people.

Pros

Switched from a no-reporting ATS to Lever and it has been such a wonderful experience so far. The whole tool is built with candidates and candidate experience in mind. I honestly cannot imagine going back to how we used to work. Working with candidate profiles is intuitive and fast - especially with the newest feature CV Review. The Chrome extension makes sourcing on Linkedin a breezy. Our account manager during closing the deal was absolutely lovely - she was a great support in pitching the proposal to the business and getting us the best price we could afford. Thanks, Lo!

Cons

I'm gonna have to say customer support. Issues are rarely resolved on the first try - they also work US hours only which makes it really hard to fix critical issues on day 1. Lately there have been more issues with the platform than before. Though Lever sent an email about it, why it happened and how they will ensure it doesn't repeat in the future.

Lever - an ok ATS with some flaws

Lever is a good tool for the candidate journey. It is easy to use and helps you move through the recruitment process quickly. However, from a reporting and reliability point of view, there are better systems out there.

Pros

Lever is a recruiting tool that is strongest on the candidate side. It makes it easy for candidates to apply for roles, and the internal interview system is decent too, making it pretty easy to collect feedback from hiring managers. It connects with email and calendars well, and there are integrations for other recruiting and HR tools.

Cons

If you are looking for a great candidate database or an awesome way to track your reports, Lever is not the tool for you. The platform has reliability issues and terrible reporting functionality that makes it hard to get any meaningful data out of the system at all.

Easy to use, but robust ATS!

Pros

I love the clean user interface in Lever and how easy it is to learn how to use. I love all the the (seemingly) simple features that make a huge difference in the candidate experience (ie. easy scheduling, email templates, delayed email feature, offer letter integration, interview feedback reminders, etc). The support team is extremely helpful and responds quickly. The launchpad site with hundreds of posts on how to use the features is invaluable.

Cons

The only thing I would like is Lever to have more free job board integrations (ie. automatically posts to various job boards without me having to pay for separate posts)

Great ATS for a small HR team

Our initial talks with Lever before selecting the ATS as well as our implementation process could not have been easier and more enjoyable! Ever member of our team was available to answer questions and walk us through the process and troubleshoot any roadblocks (though there were not many!)

Pros

Lever provides valuable insights for a small HR team lacking a dedication recruiter. We were able to streamline our process, implement standardized feedback forms, and more easily communicate with candidates at every step of the process. We love having a single source of truth and know that Lever will be able to grow with our team.

Cons

The reporting feature is a little daunting but that's mostly because my team has never had an ATS before, so this is all new to us! The upcoming additional data visualizations in reporting I think will make this transition easier for me and my team.

Great ATS

We have recently implemented Lever, but so far it is excellent and all users are enjoying using the system. The implementation was very smooth, the best software implementation any of us have been involved in. We had some more complex requirements that were all easily resolved and enabled us to launch in a timely manner.

Pros

We love the collaborative nature of Lever, enabling multiple stakeholders to see and make decisions either by logging in or via email notifications

Cons

None so far, we have recenetly implemented Lever and so far it is excellent.

Love using Lever to find our talent

Superb! 10 out of 10!

Pros

I love how it's now so easy to review lots of candidates at speed. The platform is intuitive and easy to use, drawing in the right information that you need on candidates. Easy to collaborate with other co-workers on vacancies. Great UX!

Cons

I love Lever. It makes it easy to be efficient in the recruitment process and it saves us time and ensures a great candidate experience.

Great tool to support with hiring in a scale-up phase

My company is going through an exciting scale-up stage and to support the company with hiring efforts we decided to modernize our recruitment stack. Implementing Lever was very easy across the whole organisation - the implementation specialist - [SENSITIVE CONTENT] - offered top-notch support during the whole implementation journey and the migration of candidate data from our previous ATS went seamless. Since adoption, the hiring team saved lots of time in sourcing and gathering the interview feedbacks, as it allowed us to automate several critical tasks.

Pros

Lever has all of the features we were looking for - an easy to set up careers page, configurable roles and permissions, feedback forms, communication templates, customizable steps in the interview process, scheduling, referrals, internal applications management and a very powerful customizable analytics dashboard. And above all, it has a game-changing Nurture feature that Lever is the only ATS I'm aware of offers that allow the team to engage candidates at scale through personalized email campaigns.

Cons

Not a big issue, however worth mentioning: i)my previous ATS had a mobile app I used on a daily basis - Lever doesn't have one ii) there's no local support in Europe which leads to either asynchronous communication per email or meetings that can take place late afternoon only. iii) impossible to upload a picture (of the hiring team for example) to the job ad, something that was possible with my previous ATS

Game-changing ATS for either Agency or Corporate Recruitment

I've been using Lever for nearly 11 months at two different companies - initially as a super-user, and most recently had the pleasure of implementing it from scratch at the latest organization I'm consulting to. While the full version of the software mostly works while browsing using tablets, support has indicated that they only support Windows or Mac platforms. I have used most features at ease on...

Pros

Intuitive workflows whether an expert or notice on the system. User adoption is high due to terrific UI/UX. Responsive technical support. Implementation leads that really care about the success of the implementation. Feature development and road-mapping that is responsive to end-users.

Cons

Lack of calendar synchronization and room availability support for enterprise users not fully on G-Suite or Office 365. Lack of SMS integration. Lack of consistent bug resolution follow-through. Lack of full support for non-desktop/laptop browsers, ie: Chrome on iOS on a 10" or 12.9" iPad Pro.

Data driven and dedicated

Pros

We have used Lever for over 2 years, rolled out in countries across and globe and trained hundreds of hiring managers to use the system for feedback and reviewing applications. We initially chose Lever for its data and analytics, which have allowed us to automate reports and KPIs for teams in all our markets. The system is user friendly, and tools like Lever Nurture and Recommendations can help recruitment...

Cons

While Lever is growing rapidly and adopting more large global clients, there still seems to be a dominance of focus on US tech startups - for example in the Partner Integrations or in offer templates (multiple options for equity and vesting options) but complex package structures can require significant customisations, which can require additional work for enterprise clients. The biggest hurdle to...

Smooth, easy, and frustration free

I used Lever for years at RedOwl (but was not involved in the implementation) and implemented it here at Cybrary. It has had an immediate positive impact. I have recommended it to friends in the past from a user's perspective and now that I've gone through deploying/implementing it, I only feel that much stronger and more positive about your product and recommending it.

Pros

Having the implementation plan and scheduled checkins with cust support has helped a lot in getting me to focus on the right things at the right time. Lever does a great job at striking the balance between "highly configurable" and ready to use out of the box: most of what we need is pre-configured properly (making deployment easy) and the fact that most things are configurable/customizable is great...

Cons

As you are aware, it would be great if EasyBook was more of a global feature. It would be great if a coworker could use the links and email templates I configured. Also I wish schedules could be modified by the people being scheduled rather than just by the owner of the link. Finally, consider treating "Tentative" or "Maybe" as Accepted/Busy on calendars (or making that more configurable); there have...

Intuitive, Effective, Innovative.

Bottom line: In my opinion, Lever is the best ATS out there. Beats its competitors by at least a mile. Keep up the great work!

Pros

- Scheduling interviews have never been easier for our Talent Team. Our conference rooms are linked to Lever so we can do everything without checking Google Calendar! - Easy to use interface. Every tab, page, and profile is very user-friendly, with the recruiter/hiring manager in mind. - Sending candidates a link to schedule their phone interview cuts down on the back and forth. - Communication between...

Cons

- Requisition approval needs fine tuning. When we decide to hire internally for a requisition that has already been approved, we have to delete the current req and add another one indicating it was an internal hire in order for us to report on the number of internal hires. There's very little you can do with a req once it's been approved without getting the approvers involved again. - Offer approval...

Strong ATS Platform

Lever is the 7th ATS that I have used professionally and I have demoed many others, it is one of the best out there. We went through our selection process a year ago and ended up demoing 13 ATS providers and they were the best for our needs. We couldn't be happier with Lever and plan on being a long-time customer.

Pros

-Great UI/UX-very intuitive and easy to use -Good tracking capabilities: Can create unique URLs, each employee has a unique social/employee referral link, you can drop a Google Analytics tag, and can embed tracking pixels -Easy to get buy-in across the organization -Adds efficiency to the recruiting team saving recruiters and coordinators time in our day to day. We had to do a ton of manual work with...

Cons

-Doesn't have automated social referral distribution. Employees can't schedule their job posts via social, they need to do it manually each time through Lever. -They don't have Live Chat for customer service -When setting up your job application, if you choose to have a resume as required then the 'Apply with LinkedIn' is pointless. If they 'Apply with LinkedIn' then they still need to upload a resume. Unfortunately, 'Apply with LinkedIn' doesn't cover the resume requirement.

Vast improvement in the automation of our young, growing tech company's hiring process

Pros

I love its seamless integration with the tools we most use--Gmail, Google Calendar, Slack, Abacus, and Docusign. It has made our entire hiring process more seamless as a result. For applicants, it provides a more professional, personalized (if templated!) experience than what our young company had previously afforded. For our People Operations department (of one) it has vastly improved our...

Cons

I look forward to the tool having more options in terms of auto-text/mail-merge. For example, it would be great if email templates had some options for dates and times. I also wish that it were possible to add multiple locations to a particular posting. I created a location called "Multiple Locations," but it'd be nice to have more specific cities listed. Perhaps I'm missing something though and this...

RLL = Recruiters Love Lever

Pros

Lever is a very intuitive product, and takes the recruiting efforts of any organization to the next level. The interface is extremely user friendly, and helps streamline candidate experience. Their Customer Success team is amazing, and they are always willing to go above and beyond for their clients. I first came across Lever when I was leading recruiting efforts at a startup called Bluecore. I...

Cons

I don't really have anything negative to say about Lever, as I am a big proponent of all of it's functionalities. If I had to pick something, I would suggest that Lever start working with more job posting sites to enhance it's capabilities on the frontend. Blasting out job postings to Indeed and other top job sites, besides for just Glassdoor and LinkedIn (I think you can only do this if you purchase job posting slots from these sites), would be awesome. Right now I am using Built In NYC in additional to Lever to ensure I get the most bang for my buck in regards to driving inbound candidate flow.

Lever is a great efficiency ATS for small-mid sized companies

I realized improved efficiency from day 1 with a high volume of candidates scheduled on our books for the same amount of effort.

Pros

Very user friendly and features are thought through from the tactical recruiting side. I love easy book links, automated offer letter templates that actually work well, strong email template capabilities with email delay features, integration with slack.

Cons

Few glitches with offer letters / integration with background check and HRIS system. I had to figure out some rules myself that weren't documented. Their support team is very fast and friendly though. The built in support articles are also very comprehensive.

Mostly good

This is a pro and a con - When processing a candidate for a role, it's good to be able to have visibility of what stages they're at with other roles they've applied to. But then it becomes a bit annoying when trying to process them for one role, but having to either decline or progress them for any other roles they've applied for, even if they aren't your roles.

Pros

- I like the way Lever processes candidates (pipeline). It's straightforward to use. - Great visibility of candidate notes. - It's fast at updating across the system, good synchronisation. - I like the way the feedback works between Outlook/hiring managers email. - New interview feature to show if hiring managers have accepted their interview invitations. - We like that it integrates with DocuSign and Outlook, and the chrome extension for LinkedIn. - It's cloud-based so we can log in from anywhere. - Evan is awesome

Cons

- We can't use bullet points in Offer forms because they don't format correctly in the final contract. - Formatting of job description (can't do bullet points) - It's challenging for hiring managers to find the 'approve' button when offer approval emails come through (it's at the bottom of the email and then it's not clear when they open the candidate's profile. - Could have more use of colour coding. - Hiring managers keep their access to individual profiles after their jobs have closed (then managers complain about receiving too many notifications) - There should be multiple Offer forms (for each of our locations for e.g.) -

Solid tool with outstanding customer support

Solid tool with outstanding customer support.

Pros

Even without any previous training, Lever is a fairly intuitive tool to pick up. Their customer support is reliable and responsive- from customer success managers and implementation consultants to the sales/renewal reps. I have enjoyed partnering with all of them. They are helpful, great at problem solving, and are very open to feature requests. Lever’s “Easy Book” links works just like Calendly, so candidates can choose an interview time that works best for them. Lever Nurture Campaigns (email campaigns that automatically escalate to be sent from different people at the company) work really well, assuming you have email addresses of candidates to send it to.

Cons

We use Google everything at my company and scheduling interviews can be a pain. Lever pushes interviews to Google Calendar but we cannot see if interviewers accept the meeting invites in Lever. You have to go into each Google Calendar meeting invite to check. It’s also a pain to copy and Reporting is just ok; I know there is a separate reporting module that can be purchased but the standard reports could be better. This also relies on clean data from the recruiting team, I.e. recruiters have to be diligent about pushing candidates into the next “recruiting stage”, otherwise interviews can be scheduled and logged in the wrong stage of the pipeline. This also allows for false positives when candidates fall out of the process and don’t complete interviews that were originally scheduled.

Incredibly easy to use with a top notch team to support it!

Overall, this is a great software that continues to release new things - both big & small - to improve the workflows for its users! The team is dedicated to improving recruiting & company culture. At the very least, subscribe to their emails for some thoughtful content!

Pros

-First off, the sales & implementation teams are fantastic. I had a great experience during the sales process (which is why I chose them over Greenhouse) & Customer support representative from implementation (customer success) has continued to be a trusted partner even post-onboarding. -It's relatively easy to set up & manage ongoing updates. I pretty much built the entire thing when we switched from Jazz. While I have an implementation background, I'm no engineer, so kudos for making it easy to manage. -Hiring managers love it - esp. product & engineering! -The email templates are a life-changer. -The sync with Google calendar for rooms & availability is also a life-changer.

Cons

While overall, it's a fantastic product, there are a few very nitpicky items I'd love to see modified down the road: -More customization for job posts; there are a couple standard fields you can't change. -Ability to sort applicants by certain criteria, i.e. if they included a cover letter or link to portfolio. -Permission levels with more "pick & choose" customization. -Changing interview times, teams, and feedback forms could be easier. -Option to save commonly used filters -- for a super admin with access to all reqs, it can be a tad overwhelming, but I've hacked a good process with bookmarks!

As a solo recruiter for a rapidly growing start-up, Lever has saved me so many headaches.

Pros

Honestly, it was the calendar booking for a while, but now its 100% Easy Book Links. In the few week's that I've had it, it has saved me so much time in booking both my first round screenings and I've been able to work with hiring managers on their recurring weekly schedules so candidates can book their own technical interviews as well. Outside of that, I've been diving into building a much more structured interview process and Levers Feedback Forms are robust enough that I can create super thorough forms tailored to each hiring manager.

Cons

I wish there was more functionality that made liaising with recruiting agencies easier. Very few agencies ever use the "custom job application" link that I send them and the resume email import functionality is very basic. Ideally, I'd like the capability to automatically tag their source. Possibly based off of the email address of who originally sent it to me. (IE - Agency sends me 3 resumes and CC's the email I use for Email importing. Lever see that "john.doe@recruitingagency.com" email handle and automatically knows that it should mark the source as Agency and tag it as "Recruiting Agency" or w/e) Honestly, that's my only gripe, and it's not even a bad one. It's super niche for smaller recruiting teams like mine who use a number of agencies to help ease my work load.

Lever Changed My Recruiting Game For The Better - There Is NO Reason Not To Make This Your Go-To ATS

Lever has helped build + nurture talent relationships far better than any tool or self-imposed regime. It also helps streamline hiring for teams that are new to interviewing and educate at the same time. I love its ability to track and project manage, especially in multiple ways (analytics, visual staging, etc) and identity strengths/pain points.

Pros

Nurture campaigns, the emphasis on candidates vs job, reporting capabilities, and hyper customizable Feedback, Email, Interviews, + staging. Additionally, Customer Experience is beyond excellent. Any support you need, it's there, responsive, solution-oriented, and faster than you can blink.

Cons

I don't. I love Lever. I will name my firstborn after this robust product.

Lever is the most intuitive tool I have used....

This was an easy survey tool to use.

Pros

Lever is an intuitive tool. The flow of work is thoughtful. I was able to self-teach my way through the tool and my hiring managers are also fluent in the tool with minimal effort. Lever enables me to be a great business partner to my hiring managers and to support finance and our business. I have had a team of 8+ and made a career switch and am supporting talent solo - it really enables me to use...

Cons

So far the only thing on my 'wish' list is when we have pre-qualifying questions that if someone answers 'no' to something we need to be a 'yes' that it would send an automatic email. My support team takes this feedback and looks to incorporate it into their future roll-outs for the tool. Which I love... my voice is heard as a customer.