Mindflash Reviews

User ratings

4.3

• Likelihood to recommend8.18/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

The ability to record and store training sessions, and to organize them in a course. It makes it really useful and very good for training purposes.

NH

Nathan H.

We've been able to launch and grow our eLearning product over the past year with ease and our customers are happy with the functionality and ability to access our courses from anywhere.

Ken T.

Our assigned sales/technical contact was (& continues to be) extremely responsive. Our customers have found the offerings to be VERY easy to use and impressive to boot.

Susan W.

Inability to delete rather than hide old content makes courses with multiple revisions somewhat difficult to manage.

Scott H.

Why is there a manage users page and a trainees page. That is so confusing and redundant.

ER

Erica R.

When I explain how they can go to the home page and continue/resume or reset, they seem confused and either don't understand what I'm talking about, or don't see it.

TM

Tonya M.

Mindflash users...

How would you rate Mindflash?

Excellent Product!

Pros- *Ease of training *Introducing a new medium to employee training *Price *Facility in creating videos Cons- *If a user isn't added to videos by mistake, you aren't able to add them again with the same email *No templates. Having some easy to use templates would be a great help, most managers who use the software aren't graphic designers, or have experience making videos. Impressions- When...

ease of use

This is a great tool for getting training out to employees that are in different parts of the US. My company uses it a lot for power points and quizzes

Pros

creating a new profile is very easy to do.

Cons

Only Con I have is that I am not able to deleted someone totally out of the program. I have to repurpose the profile.

Just what we needed

Mindflash provided the perfect solution for training individuals within our integrated justice system. Before Mindflash, new hires were trained individually. The trainer was typically a person who had done the job in the past and there was very little consistency and direction in the training. Mindflash not only standardized the training but also allows the new hire to proceed through the training at their own pace. Mindflash also provides tool for checking progress of training and provides feedback on knowledge retention through quizes and surveys. Residual training is a snap with Mindflash as well. When a new process is created or an existing process is changed, Mindflash provides a means of documenting and distributing the information to all users in a consistent format.

Fairly simple and intuitive

I appreciate the simplicity of MindFlash, though the set up was an incredibly manual process. Here are the pros and cons as I experience the product. Pros: - simple & intuitive - solid infrastructure that's bug-free - adding new users & running reports is quick & painless - very easy to create courses Cons: - limited question styles for quizzes (and character/size limits within the existing quizzes) - difficulty finding certain reports - no per-question reports - can't duplicate questions from course to course (as in creating a final from often missed questions) All in all, this is the best LMS I have personally used. And despite the limitations, I'm confident many improvements on my list will be made in the coming year.

Cons

With Mindflash you can put your training online in a flash

Pros: You can try before you buy. Any data you create during your trial can be included in your production environment. The interface is clean and uncomplicated. No extraneous bells and whistles. It is compatible with SCORM producing software such as Captivate. Easy to administer. Easy on the budget. The ROI is amazing. There's an app for that! Built in tutorials. Friendly and prompt customer service. They listen to your suggestions and try to incorporate them. Cons: Adding voice overs to a slide has to be done in a perfect take. Might not integrate with your existing HRMS. It might not handle PowerPoint animations well. You can't re-order slides within a presentation once they're uploaded. No scheduling capability.

Mindflash for single-subject courses

It's really easy to use and I've set up several courses in it. It's also very useful in tracking course completion and time of course for each employee. Usually I create page designs in another program, and they're easy to plug into Mindflash from there. I'm in the travel business and it involves about 120 employees in all that use training from me.

Pros

Ease of use, flexibility, good quiz and survey tracking options.

Cons

Not intuitive where to find some specific functions at first glance.

Disciplinary Training

We use the sight to reach out to over 500 people to be trained in the Management of Disciplinary hearings at local football level. Mindflash has been a fantastic asset in assisting The FA in the development of skill sets of our volunteer workforce. Its ease of use is key and friendly UI is particularly important where some users are not familiar with the use of technology and training platforms. Simply assessments have been developed to confirm the users understanding of the training and ensures the business provides a service that is fit for purpose. Simple, effective and easy to use and I would recommend anyone considering looking at a training platform to have a look at Mindflash as a possible solution.

Great Customer Service, Would like more Reporting options

MindFlash has been a great product that has been able to accommodate all of our training needs. Many departments use this portal, ranging from HR to Sales. It has a clean interface that is fairly easy to navigate. Some items are a little more tedious to work through, it would be nice to have more options in managing users and inviting existing trainees to multiple courses at a time. MindFlash's customer service is extremely prompt and reliable. All suggestions made are promptly addressed and in most cases, changes are made. I would like to see more advanced reporting options, as well. Such as drawing a report for individual trainees and all the courses they are invited too with their progress on it. The reporting now is limited.

Testimonial

My company has been a customer of Mindflash for a year and I've been a "super user" of the Mindflash training modules for about 3 months now. I continue to be thoroughly impressed with its overall UI/UX. We rely on the platform to deliver comprehensive, on-demand training of our products to a wide partner audience. We're able to build our training decks in minimal time, and take advantage of the value-add features like quizzes and supporting audio + video in order for our trainees to have a rich, effective experience. While having the Mindflash modules available to our partners gives us a competitive advantage, we're able to support our partners with easy-to-use, on-demand training which is the most important element of all.

Easy and Effective

We needed a LMS to train a large number of people and find Mindflash to be a great tool for this. The ability to track who has taken our courses is one of the most valuable aspects of Mindflash for us. We also use the survey function to obtain feedback to improve our courses.

Pros

Easy to set up courses. Good basic reporting.

Cons

Everything we were looking for

The Hearth, Patio & Barbecue Education Foundation was looking for a new service provider as we transitioned from teaching live online classes to recorded OnDemand sessions. The Mindflash staff was great to work with from day one. The system is easy to use for both administrators and trainees. I've found them to be very responsive to questions and always looking for ways to improve the program. We have not experienced any reliability issues or down time. We currently have over 200 classes in the system. It is worth every dime we spend on it. We made the transition in the spring of 2013 and have never looked back. I am an avid fan.

Mind Flash

Pros

I like that this product offers all training modules for new employees and current employees, which has been a huge help and leading success tool in making sure everyone is up to date with trainings and it is self conduct, so it allows staff to get this done in a timely manner and on their time as well. I also like that we have been able to add all training Videos and modules in this product

Cons

Sometimes the searching for a video or module can be frustrating if you dont type in correctly

Mindflash is a must have for any training department

When Dyson decided that it was time to have a Learning Management System I quickly realized that the easiest, quickest, and most convenient way to get started deploying consistent training to our team was and still is Mindflash. Within 15 minutes of my free trial I had a beautiful training module complete with videos, voice over, and a ten question quiz. There have been times when Mindflash didn't meet my needs; but after a short discussion with their engineers they were able to meet the exact need that I requested. I highly recommend Mindflash to anybody I talk to about training and Learning Management Systems.

My experience with Mindflash

I have been the administrator of Mindflash for my work since 2012. Mindflash is a user-friendly program to use to create courses and administer them to employees. In my experience in the last 2 years, Mindflash has looked for feedback from customers and used that feedback to continuously make improvements. They regularly hold webinar seminars as well (I have not participated in any, but I receive invites). Whenever I have required technical assistance, I have had very good, prompt responses. The one aspect of Mindflash that I would say is a downfall is that you cannot print your courses from Mindflash.

Cons

We moved our retail sales training program, SalesNinjaAcademy.net to Mindflash a few months ago.

Working with Mindflash sales was an excellent experience. While we were setting up our system, we rarely had to consult the self help training modules available. Mindflash is super intuitive. We've had one issue with respect to functionality of the system and the Mindflash QA/Customer Service team was prompt in addressing it. The CEO of the company even reached out to make sure that she understood the issue and that ensure it was being addressed. When does that happen?? In short, powerful, flexible and intuitive software backed by a responsive leadership and team.

Hesh Shorey's review

I find very few if any cons to using Mindflash, but I do find a lot of pros. Number one is ease of use. I use another LMS systems as well and it has a very convoluted setup and training assignment process. MF is very easy to setup and use , it is also very flexible with what content can be added. We use it for both new hire and client training. The best thing for me in regard to those is that I know if the trainee has started, taken and completed the training along with how they did on the quiz. I would recommend Mindflash to anyone considering using a LMS.

Cons

I like the ease of use of Mindflash. It is easy to get started and have training uploaded quickly. It offers the ability to host a lot of training with a user interface that is understandable by trainees.

Pros

Easy to use for trainees, instructional designers, and administrators.

Cons

Depending upon the level of membership, there are features that should be available but aren't. The opportunity to customize reports, certificates, etc. would be a plus. As it is, you are stuck with what they offer without the ability to customize.

Mindflash has exceeded our expectations and I would absolutely recommend it to others!

We require our volunteers to complete ten online courses through Mindflash, along with three weeks of in-person training. Mindflash allows the volunteers to complete the courses at their own pace, which is great. It is also very user-friendly. On the rare occasion we experience technical difficulties, their customer service team is always quick to respond and resolve the issue. Mindflash allows us to train a high volume of volunteers every month in an efficient, interesting, effective, and educational format.

Cons

Build your online courses fast and easy

I use Mindflash to put together online courses for my classes because it really simplifies the process of building the course. It makes it much easier to communicate with my students and to track their results. The application is web-based and extremely easy to use. I very much like that you can take contents (doesn´t matter if it is Word, PowerPoint, Flash, HTML, PDF,...) to create online courses and add quizzes.

Pros

Easy to use, email template option

Cons

It doesn´t give you the possibility to see a linear process of each course

Create an e-learning course in minutes!

My company discovered Mindflash helped us move quickly into the elearning arena. Our standard solution for elearning did not allow us to track users easily but Mindflash gave us all the reports we needed and more. In minutes, this tool transforms our presentations into courses that can be tracked and delivered. This was instrumental for some key training initiatives, making this invaluable. We purchased another tool for e-learning delivery, but we keep using Mindflash because it is easier and more robust!

Cons

As the system has been adding features the experience has improved.

The backend reporting initially needed a lot of enhancements. This has taken a while which is frustrating but each issue has been addressed and the improvements work almost without fail. I realize these take time and appreciate the thoroughness of the solutions applied. I wish there was better communication on the process and estimates on where/when enhancements are coming. I know we are not the only priority and have no way to know if our request is being worked on or last.

Mindflash

Mindflash has helped us develop our new hire orientation program, track assessments and deliver recorded content. It's easy to use and scalable for our needs. Their support team is friendly and prompt but you will rarely need them!

Pros

Fast to learn Easy to use Excellent features Great for Reporting, Quizzes, system demos - you name it!

Cons

No timer on the assessments - no way to set up a "timed test".

Simple

Prior to finding Mindflash, Spam Soap didn t have a good way to track and test would-be trainees; all we had were YouTube videos embedded on our website. Mindflash has transformed our simple video library into a professional training curriculum, all while keeping our simple, clean, and easy ethos. It has become part of our standard on-boarding process for all new customers and the first post-sales encounter of the Spam Soap brand.

Pros

ease of use simple, clean design

Cons

wish there were more granular billing tiers

Transitioning to Mindflash

After researching multiple online training options, Proton Onsite moved from a totally manual, paper-intensive training system to Mindflash early in 2014. The transition was smooth thanks to great support from the Mindflash team. Email questions are answered promptly and they are always available for a phone call. Mindflash has streamlined our training process and greatly reduced the time spent in keeping our workforce current on their training requirements.

mindflash review

very user-friendly and helpful.....good training tool for new hires. have not had a negative experience

Pros

videos

Cons

freeze sometimes