Mindflash Reviews

Mindflash

Online training for agents, contractors, and partners

Mindflash

Review Summary

Jason B.

The ease of use meant we didn't have to spend more than one hour in explaining its functions. Over the year (our first year) we have had staff complete 2,500 courses and the system is a great success.

Peter G.

Its been a pleasure to work with the support staff and the system. But your people make all the difference - 100.

Matt C.

Cons

Also no marketplace, so there's no way users can self-register. They had this, then took it away after we'd chosen to go with them - very unimpressed.).

Simon R.

Nicole C.

By giving staff this online raining option, Mindflash allows everyone to work at their own pace. This also prevents employee frustration at having to attend a course "to make up the hours.

Monique B.

Great LMS and Customer Support

We've been using Mindflash for over a year now and their product and support is top-notch. Improvements are made seamlessly and when there is a problem, customer support is prompt in responding. The interface is easy to use and intuitive. We've been able to launch and grow our eLearning product over the past year with ease and our customers are happy with the functionality and ability to access our courses from anywhere. I'm looking for more improvement on the reporting side and managing users is getting better. I like the ability to create a quiz and an evaluation within the product.

Pros

Ease of use. Great Customer Support. Intuitive for users. Easy to create a course, series and catalog as well as upload content. Great flexibility and choice when it comes to creating a quiz and an evaluation. I like that you can integrate with Shopify for monetizing class offerings.

Cons

Advanced reports could be better. I would like to see more ability and ease of creating customer fields. Would like to see a live environment to produce and conduct virtual learning.

Overall happy

Pros

I love the ease of use. We looked at several different LMS and mindflash was the easiest to load training, create quizzes, and maintain records. If I need to pull up a specific persons training I can pull up the scores quickly instead of tracking down our old paper records. If I need to update a slide in the presentation, I can change it in the module instead of having to create a new module like some we viewed. Other than some minor confusion, most of the users love the program. They found it easy to use.

Cons

Since we have started using Mindflash we have been bumped around to several different account managers. I will sometimes email the person who last handled the account and they say they have moved on to a different role and someone else handles the account now. It would be nice for them to be proactive and say hi I am your new account manager. Also there is no app and the mobile view isn't good. If I am out of the office and I need to reset an module I have to pull out my laptop instead of being able to do it on the phone. I can't scroll the individual modules and can only see reset the entire training from my phone.

Okay system, but lacks in many areas where other LMS are ahead of the game.

Pros

I liked uploading my excel spreadsheets to the system and having mass invites and reminders sent to users.

Cons

There were several things I did not enjoy about this system. The reporting was off when we would run reports on the same things on different days. I also did not like the lack of drop-down options for our users, which made reporting demographics difficult. Above all, it was not a user-friendly system for our users. Many were confused and had difficulties logging in and completing the training. This was the ultimate deal-breaker after being with Mindflash as an organization for just over 3 years.

Online Training for Nonprofit Employees and Volunteers

Annually Sierra Service Project trains over 200 adult volunteers and 45 young adult staff members through Mindflash. We use Mindflash for two months a year intensively.

Pros

Very easy to upload videos, PDF and Power Point files. Very easy to rearrange content, add quizzes, surveys and course/series requirements.

Cons

No spell check in quiz sections. Content can be slow to load for users with not excellent internet connection. Wish there was a better method for keeping an account instead of deleting and recreating each year without paying a monthly rate. Ability to make account "inactive" but not accessible for in between time.

Great to get you started.

We use to have Safety training DVDs floating around our multiple warehouses increasing the likelihood that they will get lost or broken, but MindFlash help us solve that issue with this web-based training platform. No need for outdated DVDs floating around anymore!

Pros

If you are looking to rid yourself of paper rosters and manual entry of training records via a useful video training tool, MindFlash will work for you.

Cons

Once you begin growing, this may not be a great software to use since training hundreds of employees every month on one computer may result more time consuming.

6 yr customer

Pros

Clean appearance of the home page, easy to develop courses, reports.

Cons

I found not being able to rotate the courses on iPhone unfortunate

Mindflash LMS

Our business relies on a national network of damage appraisers. Remote training is difficult and costly at times, therefore we were needing a way to successfully train close to 1000 people at the same time, spread across the entire U.S. Mindflash has given us the flexibility to train them all without pulling them off the road during the day for live webinars.

Pros

Mindflash helps to keep the training more focused. With the ability to assign training to individuals, or entire regions with a few clicks of a mouse is great. The Mindflash reporting capabilities are very good and easy to use.

Cons

The tiered pricing structure is frustrating at times. We sometimes need to add more users, but we don't need more features. We end up paying for additional features that we never use. If we need to add one more person above our current tier limit, we have to go to a completely new level and price structure rather than just pay to add a user.

Easy to use, but won't take you far

Pros

I liked how easy it is to use Mindflash, however I found it to be very basic and at the time we used it, it was flash based and required you downloading an app for mobile use.

Excellent Experience!!

A few months back, members of my management came to me with a need to get a customer facing training site up and running really fast. They wanted it to be VERY professional looking and easy to use. I did some Google-ing and found Mindflash and a few of their competitors. After analyzing all, I settled on Mindflash. We contacted them and received a demo and fast forward 45 days later and the site was up and running. (The length of time to implement was not Mindflash related; it was the humans who had to write the content!)

Pros

Our authors are savvy in the use of Microsoft PowerPoint and with barely an hour's training they were up and running assembling their courses. Our assigned sales/technical contact was (& continues to be) extremely responsive. Our customers have found the offerings to be VERY easy to use and impressive to boot. They love being able to access Mindflash content on mobile devices as well.

Cons

I am sitting here trying to think of a negative and I cannot. Working with the Mindflash team and feedback from our users has been a great experience.

Intuitive for trainers and essential for trainees

Mindflash is a superb tool for companies that need to train a large amount of individuals but aren't able to do so in person. I am just in my first year of using the program as an admin/trainer. I designed the course and distributed it globally. It's very easy to create a course and tailor it to your needs. My team is now able to access and educate hundreds of clients that we were unable to reach before.

Pros

Easy to create, distribute, and track courses/trainees. Anyone can be trained as long as they have an internet connection. The team that works for Mindflash is very easy to reach and extremely helpful when it comes to questions that come up.

Cons

Very few trainees complained about the password strength rules. One trainee was unable to complete a course because she was on an older device, but this is not a huge issue at all.

Easy - Create Powerpoint, Upload it, Create Quiz, Send it out

The National Association of REALTORS made a requirement that if we require MLS (Multiple Listing Service) training, we must offer it online as well. Now we are compliant with that requirement. So there is that aspect of it. Furthermore, we had some out of area members that were not allowing people in their office to join here because we had required training that was only available in person. Because we now have some of that training online and may have other required classes available online in the future, we now have more members. Now that we have online training and I can quiz them on it, I know they know it, instead of just sitting in a classroom where all they have to do is sit there and be awake.

Pros

Ease of use, right out of the "box". We started using Mindflash a couple years ago when everything was called Series and Modules. It was/is so intuitive. Just upload your PowerPoint slides, add some YouTube videos, and create your tests. I enter students one by one because of the way we use it, but I love the option of being able to add them in batches. SO much easier than one by one when you have a lot to enter. When the Series and Modules changed to Modules and Courses, and the classes auto saved, it became even more streamlined! I love the new look and functionality. I love all the options. I don't use some of them, but I like that they are there.

Cons

Not being able to delete (not just inactivate) users. I have had two or three people in my position from other associations call and ask about Mindflash. I tell them what I wrote above (generally) and offer to give them a login so they can see how it looks on the user side. It would be nice to remove them from our system so it doesn't skew our numbers. Also, and maybe this is something I should do,...

Mindflash is a Solid but Basic LMS Performer

Even with the cons, I’d rate Mindflash a solid performer. You can quickly provide trainees a personalized dashboard. The content and user management interfaces are easy to use. The quiz options beat most of the platforms we’ve looked at. The platform provides basic LMS features at a very reasonable price. We’ve not had any showstoppers and our content library continues to grow. I’d recommend Mindflash as a solid but basic LMS for learners and administrators.

Pros

Before I review this product, it’s important to note that there is a new version of the product available. We’re currently waiting in line to be converted. However, I don’t think many of these items I’m about to mention will change for us. I’ll mention it where it matters. Mindflash is an easy to use LMS. We brought up a partner training program within a few months. It’s a snap to bring up a trainee...

Cons

Mindflash is best for large enterprises where you can take advantage of higher level subscription plans that have all the features. Since they segment their levels by feature (and not number of seats), we’re missing what I would consider to be basic functionality. We are currently on a legacy plan named Advanced. We can’t modify existing text in invite and reminder emails, we can only add text. We...

Excellent Sales and Marketing Tool For B to B Business

Using Mindflash for both internal and external training allows my company to provide very good training that is clear, informative and easy in-training navigation. Mindflash allowed us to fill a missing piece to selling and properly training customers that need our support installing our products matching our stringent specifications. Using all of Mindflash's features and benefits has made our training the biggest success when launching a new product. Customer support has been the shining star when there is a question or even when we need introduction to numerous Mindflash administrators. We have domestic and international users so having the customer support, multi-language navigation options was very helpful.

Pros

I like Mindflash's tools that help enhance my existing training content making it more attractive and vibrant. Navigation makes managing my content easy. Report and managing users helps my company stay on top of our trained users. Salesforce integration allows me to introduce tasks and tracking customer activity.

Cons

Salesforce integration, being new to Mindflash, was a challenge. But the programmers response and effort help make the integration work helped us utilize the full benefits of using Salesforce with Mindflash.

Mind flash Review as a Tech Trainer for Eastlink Cable systems

Great online teaching tool, as a trainer for a company that is responsible for training over 700 technicians. When you consider that my tech's are spread out over the entire country (Canada) that is lot of territory to cover. Our training team is small so geographically speaking Mind flash gives us the tool to quickly send out training in a heartbeat. In addition we the tracking and reporting is great. Thanks Grant

Pros

ease of use

Cons

PDF down load of trainee doesn't include all info however excel does

Great tool for Operations

Its been a pleasure to work with the support staff and the system. But your people make all the difference - 100%. Representative has been great work with.

Pros

This systems has proven to be easy to use, easy to train on and its simple to get folks up to speed on because of its ease of use.

Cons

It lacks a timer (to time out - not a due date) for assessments (like the NMLS exam, SATs, etc).

Mindflash Feedback 2017

I think it is a great software, however, for training I am still looking for some added features: i.e. archived scoring, capturing training that has been completed pre-mindflash into the system etc..

Pros

Competency questions and the answer review. Trainees can view the correct answers. The use of different applications such as PP, Excel, Word, video

Cons

I would like archived scoring to show if trainees improved. Add quizzes for live training and a complete functions.

Easy to use for both admins and users

I've been a user for over a year now, and the ease of use is a huge reason why we purchased the service and also expanded. We started with the idea that we would only use Mindflash for the 25 agents in our call center, however we now use it for our home office of 200 people, and also use it with our corporate office which does training for another 250 people. It's been a great value and I would recommend it to anybody needing an LMS system.

Pros

Ease of use, ability to track and segment, types of questions available.

Cons

Nothing glaring

Perfect for compliance

Their service is the key to this product. They have a great base, a great team, and are very good at opening up their scope to their customers. While they still have some room to grow, their willingness to listen to their customers and implement based on their needs will surely make them stand out in this industry. They have saved me hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars worth of flying around the company training employees to meet OSHA and DOT regulations. I highly recommend Mindflash.

Pros

This is a great option for companies that need to train nationally, especially when dealing with OSHA and DOT requirements. One certified trainer can build the online course and manage training for every employee company wide. Customer service and communication has been stellar since day one of the Beta testing, and they have always communicated well. They also have a great forum that they are very attentive to, which allows the users to vote as a group on priority issues and features that they'd like to see. From a company standpoint this is a very good option for internal training.

Cons

There are still some very minor limitations that are being worked on, but these are few and far between. They are working towards better support for individuals who would like to create courses and accept payment.

Extremely Helpful

Pros

I love that the software can house tons of records for my company to login and use for quality compliance.

Cons

Not many cons with the software. The feature I dislike is some of the automatic arrangement features when arranging content, but there ways around.

Easy to use training platform

We've had much success with enrolling and tracking our trainees that span multiple states and training needs.

Pros

Ease in creating courses and tracking trainee progress

Cons

Would like some additional features like reminders, easier options to upload handouts into courses and some others.

Great Software for Training

Mind-flash has been invaluable to our company. It has changed the way that we conduct business and cut our cost from a training prospective. Mind flash integrates very well with other software. It is so easy to create mindflash courses when new material is being presented and trained on.

Pros

The ability to get up and do a module whenever we need one.

Cons

Limit of users

One word - wow!

We've been using this for a year to track certification training. Mindflash has helped to make our employees' lives easier because the training is available in one place and can be access anytime, any where they have Internet connectivity and from any device.

Pros

Ease of use for both the trainees, trainers and admins.

Cons

Re-certification is still missing.

Mindflash fits our needs for issuing and tracking training within the organization.

Pros

Accessible on the cloud on both computer and mobile device. Easy to set up new users. Cost effective for small organizations like ours. Ability to maintain training results and obtain certificates for records for auditing. Accepts all file types that we use - PDF, PPT, DOC, etc.

Cons

Not the most intuitive the first time around creating a course or inviting new trainees. Too many email notifications. Some functions are still very manual, including reporting.

Reaching out to staff across two continents

Mindflash has allowed us to increase our training 'reach', firstly across multiple locations in South Africa and now also into our business interests in the UK as well. We plan to extend this further into mainland Europe in the future. Online training in our industry has been revolutionized by our bespoke learning content.

Pros

The ease of use without the need for specialised software and additional downloads. We can work from existing materials authored in everyday Office software.

Cons

Nothing to dislike. Challenges we initially anticipated have not materialised.

Easy to use LMS

Pros

This LMS was a breath of fresh air after using a big name player for the last few years. The software is simple and easy to administer. We have all the functionality we need and can accomplish all the same tasks we did previously but in less amount of time.

Cons

It would be nice if the had a better way to connect with our HRIS and some additional automation. This can all be accomplished through their API but that requires a tech resource we don't have.