Payment Evolution Reviews

4.5/5 (32 reviews)

Kyle Upton

Biggest mistake was leaving Payment Evolution...but they took me back

Reviewed 2017-02-08

Payment Evolution was my first experience with online payroll, and it beat the pants off Quickbooks! I halfed my payroll entry time, quartered my time spent on ROEs, and getting rid of cheque payments to staff while providing them with online record keeping all was good. Then came the price restructuring and I found myself one staff member into the higher tier, and the competition offered a 'we'll match PE and save you another 10%'. WORST thing I have ever done was leaving PE. 8 month of inflexible software, overly complex user interface, errors, painful online reporting for staff, & customer service nightmare! I am so glad Payment Evolution was willing to take me back. Completely the opposite experience: support that knows what they are doing, that proactively offers assistance in a timely manner, intuitive software that is simple enough that I can usually find the answers I need on my own. They have written code just for me. I can't say enough good things about them. My only pain (other than inconvenient for me pricing tiers) is that they haven't made their Business Payment service available to us Quickbooks offline folks yet. Yet.Intuitive. Everything is simple and straightforward. I can figure out 90% of what I need to do myself, and in those 10% situations the support forum has descriptions detailed enough to get me back on track.

Nancy McNamee

Great Product and Service

Reviewed 2017-02-16

We have been using the software for a few years and it is very easy to use. We appreciate the helpful emails with online seminars for generating T4's at year end. The customer support staff are very friendly and always so helpful.It is an easy software to use for those just starting up a business. It also provides a lot different reports that are helpful.

Travis Gertz

Great product idea  needs serious design investment

Reviewed 2017-02-15

It's great that you guys have this service, but to be honest, I feel very uncomfortable actually using it and sort of regret paying for a year (we haven't done a full payroll yet, despite nearly completing the process several times). The main issues for me are the overall user experience, buggy/sloppy interface, and confusing flow. It really feels like you don't care about the design of the interface, which reduces my trust in the system. Also some big functional oddities, like requiring separate accounts for the admin and their own employee account, is a huge pain. There's also little explanation of how the flow needs to work, and which info is required before you start the payroll process. And lastly, having to run payroll a few days in advance makes it awkward to get started if you're accustomed to doing it the day before which may be a bad habit on my part, but does prevent me from committing to PE. If I were you, I'd suggest investing in some great UX and UI design. It would really make all the difference in the world for us. It HAS to be better than our current method of running payroll (have our accountant help us with the proper deduction amounts and manually paying everything via our online banking) which actually isn't that bad. Even a tightening of the UI would go a long way. I have to be honest, I can't see us renewing again. I wish there was another alternative we could use in Canada, but unfortunately, we'll probably just stick to what we do now.The actual function of running payroll and calculating deductions is a great and useful idea.

Anonymous

I am very pleased with this product

Reviewed 2015-04-21

After using a PC based software which was difficult to use and didn't report the way we needed, this is a dream! We had an accountant and Point of Sale system and just needed a payroll component. This really fit the bill and so far, is working beautifully. It's so automated and yet, there are many ways to customize it (for example, vacation pay calculations for your province). I haven't found a way that it will calculate stat pay though. Remittances were a breeze with this easy app. Each employee is sent the pay advice into their email or it can be printed for them. As one starts the payroll run, all the information is filled out: the pay period dates, the hours if the employees are paid the same every pay period (so just change it to the hours they actually worked), their pay rate, etc. Since it is cloud based, it can be run from anywhere around the world. I am very pleased with this product. I actually look forward to payroll now.Easy to use. Product support was amazing for the couple of questions I have had. Cost effective at $17/month (no hidden add-on fees) Communicates payroll effectively with employee

samuel muriithi

Payment Evolution is what every business person needs

Reviewed 2018-06-25
Review Source: Software Advice

Payment Evolution is the best solution for small business enterprises. All small-scale business people should embrace this softwareThis software is automated thus making your work easier and faster Payment Evolution is customizable to meet your needs Payment Evolution is user-friendly and easy to use

Tina Luck

Excellent software and great customer service

Reviewed 2017-02-09

I have had an excellent experience using Payment Evolution for the last year for our companies payroll. The system is beyond easy to use. They are always offering webinars to help with common questions or issues. Their customer service is absolutely amazing. They are fast and I have never had an issue they couldn't help me resolve.Easy to use Great resources on site to help with problems or issues Great customer Service

Tina Thorne

Payroll Made Easy!

Reviewed 2017-02-09

Our business has used Payment Evolution as our payroll provider for over a year now. We love the platform because it is so sophisticated yet easy to use - we save time, money and appreciate how simple it is to pay our employees! I like the look, cost, customer support

DeeDee Robinson

Easy Payroll

Reviewed 2017-02-08

Thank God for Payment Evolution. It has made our payroll and T4 time much more effective. Our payroll takes about 1/2 the time. Every support email has been addressed quickly. I have always been satisfied with this system. How easy it is to do payroll.

Aly Dhalla

An amazing software, built by amazing people!

Reviewed 2017-02-10

The team at Payment Evolution has created a simple and intuitive platform that helps make our lives easier. More importantly, any time we've needed support, the team has been quick to respond and are incredibly friendly. I'd highly recommend Payment Evolution!Ease of use

Trina Skagen

Excellent Program

Reviewed 2017-02-15

I love Payment Evolution! The only recommendation I have is the printing of pay stubs - perhaps I am not doing it correctly, but the way it prints is not the most appealing.Cost and ease of use

Robert Jasek

Payroll Review

Reviewed 2017-02-15

Quick and easy to use. Great support as well. Save me time doing my paper work and makes it easier for employees to get paied. Quick and easy to use

Tracy Coulson

Payroll Review

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2017-02-17

I have been using payment evolution for over 1 year. I find it user friendly and if I do have a question the customer service is fantastic. I love the webinars as well, I don't usually need them but the few I have joined were great!very user friendly

Alexander Novitskiy

Very good decision for Payroll for small business.

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-04-22

No problem with Payroll (at all) + direct deposit + XERO integration.Super Payroll software for small business firms. Free version for simple payroll till five (5) employee! Free XERO integration.

Alexandra Bono

Easy to set up and use. Put the control back in our hands for payroll management.

Reviewed 2018-03-13

Cheaper, faster, easier and more control over payroll! We took our payroll in house a few months and so far we are really impressed with how easy Payment Evolution has been to use. Training and setup were easy and quick. We were able to customise all kinds of aspects of the system from the content of the pay stub emails to the various deductions for full time staff members. Not having to pick up cheques and distribute paystubs is way more time effective and we feel like we have greater control over our company's payroll.

Olumide Jones

Reviewed 2017-02-15

I find it relatively easy to use even with little knowledge about payroll/remittance to CRA. Needed something fast and efficient to do payroll and remittance for 1 employee and my experience has been excellent so far. Like the idea i can find all previous remittances in one place and the fact that T4 generation at year end is a breeze. In addition, employee gets a customized location where their payslips are stored for easy access.

Charlotte

Really easy to use payroll

Reviewed 2013-01-08

With the new year we decided to look for a new payroll service to manage payroll for our 17 employees. We were using QuickBooks but the price kept going up. We took a look at PaymentEvolution payroll and were immediately impressed by the simple interface. I actually learned how to use it within just a few minutes - and within about 15min of registering, we had finished our first payrun. Best of all, PaymentEvolution sends the payroll information to QuickBooks so our accountant is happy. Pros: - easy to use - fast to setup - integrates with QuickBooks Cons: - Canada only (for now we're told)

Marissa Kokkoros

Andrea's help with Year-End/T4 Generation

Reviewed 2017-02-16

Andrea's support was amazing, we could not have done it without her. Her knowledge and sense of urgency was very much appreciated. Thank you for everything!

Michelle Nachum

Really a very easy and user friendly solution

Reviewed 2011-10-18

For any SMB living in Canada, PaymentEvolution is really a very easy and user friendly solution to use. With the exception of adding in employee information and salary amounts, the program basically does all the calculating and hard work for you. PaymentEvolution also offers different ways to pay employees as well as allows you to customize your payment options. Therefore I would recommend this program to any Canadian-based SMBs, with one caveat – that Vassa and his team think about taking this solution slightly to the south…it is scalable and customizable

Suketu Shah

Online payroll

Reviewed 2011-10-08

The system is fantastic. It was simple to set up the few employees and proceses their payroll. I did not have to write or print cheques as the pay was automatically deposited in employees account. The best feature was the remitttance to revenue Canada as I now save penalty fees.Easy to use. Do not need to keep records. No headache of remittance. I access payroll from anywhere.

Mathieu Crete

From days to minutes to do the payrun

Reviewed 2018-07-25

Time saverI like that it integrates with TimeSheet and Xero. All our employees punch in TimeSheet, than we export the data to PaymentEvolution. We run the payrun and then it is push to Xero in all the accounts. We save lots of time ! Also great customer service. I've never waited when I called.

Ange Travers-Jones

Makes running your payroll a breeze

Used monthly for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2017-02-09

We have recently transferred our payroll to Payment Evolution and it is a breeze to use. Once you have set up the basics (which is very easy to do) you are away. I am based in New Zealand so am not fully familiar with Canadian payroll legislation/benefits but the team at Payroll Evolution are extremely helpful and explained everything to me in plain English. The reporting is pretty good too and our employees have been blown away with PayChequer. I would definitely recommend this payroll system!I love having control of our payroll PLUS it tracks vacation!

Trudy Ann Tellis

Fairly easy and effortless to use.

Reviewed 2017-02-28

It has been really easy for me to use and I have had no experience with this program prior to this. I love how easy generating T4s has been. I worked with the representative to start this account and he was a pleasure to work with.

Helina Patience, CPA, CMA

Great Payroll App from an Awesome Company

Used other for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2018-05-12

Easy payroll runs.Easy to set up and run payroll. The team is very open to feedback and making the product awesome for its users. Vendor payments are simple too. Integrations with accounting software make our lives easier: no manual journal entries!

Ehsan Foroughi

A fantastic SMB Payroll and HR app

Reviewed 2015-02-05

This is a fantastic app. It almost replaces a whole accountant for your payroll need and makes you independent. It is extremely user friendly, and doesn't need much CRA/Tax knowledge.- Easy of use. - Accurate. - Doesn't need much tax knowledge to work with. - Free tier for up to 3 employees.

Dan D

Great help for new business

Reviewed 2017-02-15

Very helpful for a new business. Easy to deal with. Great staff and easy to use software. Would recommend to any new start up.