Payment Evolution Reviews

Pros

I find it user friendly and if I do have a question the customer service is fantastic. I love the webinars as well, I don't usually need them but the few I have joined were great.

Tracy C.

We love the platform because it is so sophisticated yet easy to use - we save time, money and appreciate how simple it is to pay our employees.

Tina T.

Charlotte

Cons

Difficult to printing of reports and lack of user manual.

Mohit G.

Travis G.

Looking through pay stubs needs to be updated - there should be a drop down menu instead of a click to go to the next employee.

Tina T.

4.2

I am very pleased with this product

After using a PC based software which was difficult to use and didn't report the way we needed, this is a dream! We had an accountant and Point of Sale system and just needed a payroll component. This really fit the bill and so far, is working beautifully. It's so automated and yet, there are many ways to customize it (for example, vacation pay calculations for your province). I haven't found a...

Pros

Easy to use. Product support was amazing for the couple of questions I have had. Cost effective at $17/month (no hidden add-on fees) Communicates payroll effectively with employee

Cons

I couldn't find a way to export employee information from my software to Payment Evolution, so had to enter it manually. With 10 employees it was fairly simple and just had to enter YTD amounts along with employee information.

Biggest mistake was leaving Payment Evolution...but they took me back

Payment Evolution was my first experience with online payroll, and it beat the pants off Quickbooks! I halfed my payroll entry time, quartered my time spent on ROEs, and getting rid of cheque payments to staff while providing them with online record keeping all was good. Then came the price restructuring and I found myself one staff member into the higher tier, and the competition offered a 'we'll...

Pros

Intuitive. Everything is simple and straightforward. I can figure out 90% of what I need to do myself, and in those 10% situations the support forum has descriptions detailed enough to get me back on track.

Cons

There is one text box that doesn't trigger when you press enter, instead you have to press the send button...grrrr...and its logout for inactivity is slightly too short for my liking.

Thanks for the feedback Kyle! We're really to happy to have you back and appreciate the feedback you've given us on pricing plans. QuickBooks (desktop) integration is available for payroll but not for business payments as you've pointed out. We're continuing to look at the business case for supporting QB desktop for business payments - it's a bit of a challenge given the offline nature of the product. - Kinga Jasek

Great product idea  needs serious design investment

It's great that you guys have this service, but to be honest, I feel very uncomfortable actually using it and sort of regret paying for a year (we haven't done a full payroll yet, despite nearly completing the process several times). The main issues for me are the overall user experience, buggy/sloppy interface, and confusing flow. It really feels like you don't care about the design of the interface,...

Pros

The actual function of running payroll and calculating deductions is a great and useful idea.

Cons

The design needs some serious polish and improvement. (not just the aesthetics, but the overall userflow, experience, etc)

Thank you Travis for your review. We are grateful that many of the features of our service benefit your business and have saved you time. Our goal is to ensure PaymentEvolution is one of the easiest and most robust services to automate your back office. We appreciate your candid remarks about the UI not being as intuitive for you and our team is looking at how to make the process even better. We'll be in touch shortly to get some specific recommendations from you. This and the requests we receive in our public help forums drive the development of our services. Again, thank you for your feedback - we love hearing how we can do better.

Great Product and Service

We have been using the software for a few years and it is very easy to use. We appreciate the helpful emails with online seminars for generating T4's at year end. The customer support staff are very friendly and always so helpful.

Pros

It is an easy software to use for those just starting up a business. It also provides a lot different reports that are helpful.

Cons

I think the only con would be the section where you have to close off a month when generating payroll. It sometimes gets confusing and it splits out the source deduction amount by pay rather than month. We pay per month, so it would be beneficial to have the total of the 2 or 3 months deductions noted in one amount for submission.

Hi Nancy! we are always looking for ways to better our product. Closing a period can get confusing and because everyone has a different way as to how they would like their period closed, we are working on a way that works for everyone. Thank you for your feedback!

payment evolution

Pros

This software is a great way to prepare and keep track of all your year end and day to day payroll needs.

Cons

Can take a bit of time to learn how to properly use.

Unnecessary fees / Long processing times

Honestly I wish there was another system I could use, but payment evolution will continue to get my money until something else comes along.

Pros

Processes payroll pretty easily and stat holidays are easily inputted. Saves a lot of time on T4's. Employees get their own log in portal so they go there instead of to me directly for pay stubs.

Cons

You only have a 1 day window to process your payroll so it comes out on the day you want. My pay period ends on Saturdays so I only have Sunday to do it for it to be deposited on Friday-Because it's an unnecessary 5 day processing time. This also means if there is a holiday on a Friday, the employees pay ends up being 3 days late. They also charged me $60 because an employees bank account was unknowingly...

Excellent software and great customer service

I have had an excellent experience using Payment Evolution for the last year for our companies payroll. The system is beyond easy to use. They are always offering webinars to help with common questions or issues. Their customer service is absolutely amazing. They are fast and I have never had an issue they couldn't help me resolve.

Pros

Easy to use Great resources on site to help with problems or issues Great customer Service

Cons

Reports are not the easiest to interpret and some critical reports are not offered

Hi Tina, Thank you for the kind words. We are happy to hear that PaymentEvolution has been helping you with your payroll! Thank you also for your feedback. We will definitely be looking into ways to make our reports more accessible to our clients.

Payroll Made Easy!

Our business has used Payment Evolution as our payroll provider for over a year now. We love the platform because it is so sophisticated yet easy to use - we save time, money and appreciate how simple it is to pay our employees!

Pros

I like the look, cost, customer support

Cons

Wish the reporting function was more detailed. Looking through pay stubs needs to be updated - there should be a drop down menu instead of a click to go to the next employee

Hi Tina, We are happy to hear that you love our platform and that we are saving you both time and money! Thank you as well for the feedback that you have provided. We will definitely be looking into our reporting to help make accessing payslips much easier. Look forward to working with you!

Easy Payroll

Thank God for Payment Evolution. It has made our payroll and T4 time much more effective. Our payroll takes about 1/2 the time. Every support email has been addressed quickly. I have always been satisfied with this system.

Pros

How easy it is to do payroll.

Cons

Hi DeeDee Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that we helped cut your payroll time in half! We hope business is going well and look forward to continue to work with you.

An amazing software, built by amazing people!

The team at Payment Evolution has created a simple and intuitive platform that helps make our lives easier. More importantly, any time we've needed support, the team has been quick to respond and are incredibly friendly. I'd highly recommend Payment Evolution!

Pros

Cons

none

Hi Aly. Thank you for your kind words. We are happy to hear that PaymentEvolution has been making your life easier!

Use a different payroll software

Pros

They will remit your taxes for you if you pay for that option. In terms of use for running the payroll it is fairly easy.

Cons

I've had it with PE's program. My last straw was just pulled. I spent the last 2.5 hours entering T4A's manually thinking it was saving each one each time I hit save and it said it was saved. It didn't save any of them. This is stacked on the fact that their software had a glitch and showed bills weren't paid when the payment actually did go through the first time. This technological error resulted...

Excellent Program

I love Payment Evolution! The only recommendation I have is the printing of pay stubs - perhaps I am not doing it correctly, but the way it prints is not the most appealing.

Pros

Cost and ease of use

Cons

Printing of reports

Hi Trina, Thank you for your kind words. There are ways within the system to modify the way you print your cheques to match your cheque stock. If you need a hand on completing this, feel free to contact us directly, we are happy to help.

Payroll Review

Quick and easy to use. Great support as well. Save me time doing my paper work and makes it easier for employees to get paied.

Pros

Quick and easy to use

Cons

Hi Robert! Thank you for your kind words. We are happy to hear that PaymentEvolution is making it easier for you to pay your employees!

Payroll needs too many days notice to run with direct deposit

wouldn't recommend, there has to be an easier, and more cost effective way to do payroll, I'm thinking of going back to cheques because it is easier. I don't see any benefit of this system over a standard system like QuickBooks.

Pros

does the taxes... allows direct payments to vendors, however, I would NOT recommend the service, you have to pay for a setup fee, the transaction fee is the same or more than the bank.

Cons

need to submit payroll too far in advance to allow direct deposit to work. popup after every change slows the entry process cant change multiple items then click save reporting is clumsy all of naivgation is clumsy not very good instructions on how to run a payroll or hoe to set up properly, maybe better for an accountant but not for a general business owner

Payroll Review

I have been using payment evolution for over 1 year. I find it user friendly and if I do have a question the customer service is fantastic. I love the webinars as well, I don't usually need them but the few I have joined were great!

Pros

very user friendly

Cons

sometimes things always as clear as they could be ex. the vacation pay, when paying everything out it puts a zero which when it is your first time doing that can be quite confusing.

Hi Tracy! We are so happy to hear that you frequent our webinars and find them useful! We will definitely be looking for a way to make the vacation payout much more clear. thank you for the feedback!

Very good decision for Payroll for small business.

No problem with Payroll (at all) + direct deposit + XERO integration.

Pros

Super Payroll software for small business firms. Free version for simple payroll till five (5) employee! Free XERO integration.

Cons

Really I don't know. May be it has some inconvenient things for difficult (complicated) Payroll, but for simple Payroll - it is great!

Easy to set up and use. Put the control back in our hands for payroll management.

Cheaper, faster, easier and more control over payroll!

Pros

We took our payroll in house a few months and so far we are really impressed with how easy Payment Evolution has been to use. Training and setup were easy and quick. We were able to customise all kinds of aspects of the system from the content of the pay stub emails to the various deductions for full time staff members. Not having to pick up cheques and distribute paystubs is way more time effective and we feel like we have greater control over our company's payroll.

Cons

Some of the areas of the software are not intuitive for users who are new to payroll.

I find it relatively easy to use even with little knowledge about payroll/remittance to CRA. Needed something fast and efficient to do payroll and remittance for 1 employee and my experience has been excellent so far. Like the idea i can find all previous remittances in one place and the fact that T4 generation at year end is a breeze. In addition, employee gets a customized location where their payslips are stored for easy access.

Cons

Thank you for your feedback! we are SO happy that you are finding our system fast and efficient for your business. We are so happy to have you on board!

Really easy to use payroll

With the new year we decided to look for a new payroll service to manage payroll for our 17 employees. We were using QuickBooks but the price kept going up. We took a look at PaymentEvolution payroll and were immediately impressed by the simple interface. I actually learned how to use it within just a few minutes - and within about 15min of registering, we had finished our first payrun. Best of all, PaymentEvolution sends the payroll information to QuickBooks so our accountant is happy. Pros: - easy to use - fast to setup - integrates with QuickBooks Cons: - Canada only (for now we're told)

Andrea's help with Year-End/T4 Generation

Andrea's support was amazing, we could not have done it without her. Her knowledge and sense of urgency was very much appreciated. Thank you for everything!

Cons

Hi Marissa :) thank you for the great feedback! we look forward to working with you in the future.

Really a very easy and user friendly solution

For any SMB living in Canada, PaymentEvolution is really a very easy and user friendly solution to use. With the exception of adding in employee information and salary amounts, the program basically does all the calculating and hard work for you. PaymentEvolution also offers different ways to pay employees as well as allows you to customize your payment options. Therefore I would recommend this program to any Canadian-based SMBs, with one caveat – that Vassa and his team think about taking this solution slightly to the south…

Pros

it is scalable and customizable

Cons

Limited to Canada

Online payroll

The system is fantastic. It was simple to set up the few employees and proceses their payroll. I did not have to write or print cheques as the pay was automatically deposited in employees account. The best feature was the remitttance to revenue Canada as I now save penalty fees.

Pros

Easy to use. Do not need to keep records. No headache of remittance. I access payroll from anywhere.

Cons

We get the same pay every 2 weeks . .I wish there was one click command to process payroll instead of entering time for employees

From days to minutes to do the payrun

Time saver

Pros

I like that it integrates with TimeSheet and Xero. All our employees punch in TimeSheet, than we export the data to PaymentEvolution. We run the payrun and then it is push to Xero in all the accounts. We save lots of time ! Also great customer service. I've never waited when I called.

Cons

It's a little tricky to start with but with the help of the customer service we fixed everything. We do have a problem now with Xero that we are hoping to get fixed !

Makes running your payroll a breeze

We have recently transferred our payroll to Payment Evolution and it is a breeze to use. Once you have set up the basics (which is very easy to do) you are away. I am based in New Zealand so am not fully familiar with Canadian payroll legislation/benefits but the team at Payroll Evolution are extremely helpful and explained everything to me in plain English. The reporting is pretty good too and our employees have been blown away with PayChequer. I would definitely recommend this payroll system!

Pros

I love having control of our payroll PLUS it tracks vacation!

Cons

The reporting could be better - there are some reports that are only produced in .pdf format. All reports should be downloadable in Excel!

Hi Ange, We are so happy to hear that your employees have been blown away with our PayChequer services and that our payroll has been a breeze! Thank you for your feedback in regards to reporting as well. We will definitely be looking to improve them and make them more accessible.

Fairly easy and effortless to use.

It has been really easy for me to use and I have had no experience with this program prior to this. I love how easy generating T4s has been. I worked with the representative to start this account and he was a pleasure to work with.

Pros

Cons

I would love it if you can also set Corporate Tax submission.