OnTheClock.com Reviews

How would you rate OnTheClock.com?

Pros

Not only is this the most cost effective system I've used, it's simple, straightforward and the support is outstanding.

DM

Don M.

Very happy with the user-friendly ease for myself, employees, and the mobile app. Thankful for the great service.

JR

John R.

I can't say enough good things. I'm very busy so something very powerful and simple for our company has been great.

PC

Paulette C.

Cons

The GPS feature to avoid clocking in from afar does not work with enough precision to be useable.

LM

Luis M.

He seemed irritated by having to answer any questions.

CM

Carmen M.

Ontheclock software review

I love Ontheclock software. It is user friendly, and be utilized sitting on the beach, and the price is reasonable.

Pros

That it is Web based, that you can track where people are clocking in, that it is easy to onboard/offboard new employees

Cons

I find it harder to make a change to a punch or add a punch if the employee either forgot to punch in or forgot to punch in when they arrived. It seems to mess up the time card if there is no entry by the employee first.

Thank you for the generous review. If you would like any assistance with adding punches to possibly make it easier and more convenient, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be more than happy to help. Have a great day :) -OTC Team

Useful and easy to use

This is a good program for using for clocking in, especially for employees commonly working in locations other than the office. With the home health program, aides clocked in from clients' homes. The GPS feature tracks the location and they clock in with a pre-approved device. Makes it difficult for deception (difficult, but not impossible). Easy to use.

Pros

This software functions similar to other timeclock programs but also has a GPS feature that can detect the location of the employee when clocking in. Since the employee approves each device used, employees may find it hard to practice deception with this software.

Cons

The only negative aspect I can think of is when an employee has to get a new phone and the device has not yet been approved.

Hello Victoria, Thank you for your great feedback and review about our time clock system. Have a great day! -OTC Team

Makes Tracking Time So My Easier

Overall it's a great product. The prices is right. My contractors think it's easy to use.

Pros

Ease of use, I can do scheduling of employees. Keep track of time for contractors and employees. My contractors or always in the field so the mobile app is easy to use to clock in or out.

Cons

We haven't figured out how to make changes to punches in and out times on the mobile app when someone forgets or need to adjust a punch.

Hi Katherine, thank you for the awesome feedback and review. Please contact us at 888-753-5999 or email us at support@ontheclock.com, and we will be more than happy to assist with the app punch time adjustments. Thanks again, OTC Team

After using several online time clocks, OTC is by far the easiest to use.

I have more time to do complete income producing work because I am not hunting down or having to add up time cards. We have two office locations, and this just makes my life so much easier.

Pros

Easy to set up, takes minutes. Love the clocking in/out process (you only have the option to clock in if you're not already clocked in, and you only have the option to clock out if you're not already clocked out.) Love the PTO feature and the ability to track earned and used time off. Best online time clock system we have used.

Cons

There are really no cons. Wouldn't mind seeing a warning when an employee forgets to punch out (an email sent to the supervisor when time "on the clock" exceeds a pre-determined length).

Hello Julie, Wow! It's so nice to read that OnTheClock is able to help improve your production. Thank you for the review :) -OTC Team

We needed a simple time keeping and scheduling software for a small store of 10-12 staff.

Pros

We are a small business and need to keep costs down. The price is consistent with the features. We don't need more features, and we don't want to pay for features we don't use.

Cons

Don't like that I can't use the same email for two different accounts. I have two stores, so I have 2 accounts, but have to use different emails for them. Also, as the Administrator who has to be on the schedule, I have to have different email addresses as the "employee".

Hello Suzanne, Thank you for the review. The reason why the same email cannot be used for two separate accounts is so that accounts do not get confused and mixed up. We are happy to have you as a customer :)

Dependable and easy to use for the staff and management.

Easy to use for the staff saving me time collecting and correcting data. Easy to use for me saving me energy to devote to another task.

Pros

Simple and straightforward for everyone. I know my staff can clock in and out from their phones or computers and the information will be accurate. If I need to fix someone's time or pull previous data I can do it with just a few keystrokes saving myself time and energy.

Cons

I don't love the new update to PTO fields on the administration end but still easy to use. Just a few more keystrokes so not a huge deal.

Hi Tracey, Thank you for the review and your feedback - we highly appreciate it. -OTC Team

user friendly

Good

Pros

Ease of use for employees. Smart phone app.

Cons

PTO is not very easy to use, and the tracking can be difficult to read.

Hi Trina! Thank you for the review. We are sorry to hear about the PTO issue. Please contact us and we will be more than happy to help you set this up. Have a great day.

Using OnTheClock has be so convenient...staff literally like clocking in!!!

EVERYTHING!

Pros

I like the overall ease of using everything about OnTheClock. Staff clock in is easier to track. I love the feature where I can separate a staff working different departments and jobs. I cannot say enough positive things about this software and while it is not perfect, it does an excellent job.

Cons

It would be nice to actually see specific hours staff worked for another department and how may hours they worked rather than having have to export that info onto an Excel spreadsheet.

Hello Keith, Thank you for the review. We actually do offer a solution for specific hours worked for another department. This will be in our Project and Job Costing feature. If you would like to give us a call at 888-753-5999 we would be more than happy to help walk you through setting this up. Have a great day :) -OTC Team

Best and most features for small office

Exceptional. Always easy to speak with someone that feels like a local friend helping you understand the features or configure something correctly. Not a BIG COMPANY feel!

Pros

Ease of use is great and the cost is minimal. I'm surprised it has so many features at the price point.

Cons

Hello Luis, Thank you for the kind review. We are sorry to hear about the GPS issue. Oftentimes, when using a mobile device, it may need to be refreshed to access the accurate GPS location. Please contact us if you need any assistance.

My view of on the clock

Three words - TOP NOTCH SERVICE

Pros

It's very to sued and understand. anytime I have a question I am able to get help very fast with one phone call. It's very comforting how knowledgeable everyone who answers the phone is. It's usually something that I am doing wrong and always end the call feeling very satisfied. thanks to the entire team I appreciate you.

Cons

I do not have a problem with anything at this point. may if I start using more features then that would change.

Thank you for the very kind review, Richard. We are very thankful. Have a great day! -OTC Team

Solves your timecard issues

I have been with ontheclock for 10 years. It is easy for employee and employer alike.

Pros

Easy to use and set up employees. Keeps records of everything including punch in and out outside of company computers (mobily).

Cons

When you delete an employee it deletes all of the information and documentation (it doesn't save).

Hi Alice, Thank you for the review. When you first delete an employee from your list they are automatically archived where you can have access to their information, including previous time cards. Then you have the option to permanently delete them from the archived folder. We hope this info helps. If you have any questions please contact us. Have a great day!

Easy to Use

If a punch is missed, it is easy for me to go in and fix it on the website.

Pros

OnTheClock is super easy to use and provides my company with everything we need in a Time Clock. The employees can easily open a link on the computer desktop and clock in or out. Printing the time cards for payroll is also super easy and takes almost no time at all. I love that we use OnTheClock as our time clock of choice!

Cons

I don't like that the time cards must be saved to the computer before they can be printed.

Hi Janelle! We appreciate your feedback and truly thank you for taking the time to review us! Have a wonderful day!

Best Time Clock Software

I have recommended this software to several other small companies like mine and they love it too.

Pros

It's very inexpensive and easy to use. Works great with Quickbooks. Anytime I had to call to ask questions, they answered right away and were able to answer my questions.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like. It's great all around. The only negative would be, if you have employees that do not have a cell phone with data nor access to a computer to log in and out.

Hello Carmen and thank you for a very generous review. We are so happy to read how our time clock is easy for you to use. Have a great day!

Great for managing working from home

I love on the clock and it allows me to log my hours of working from home efficiently.

Pros

I have used this for years with my work from home part time job. It is so easy and allows me to clock in directly from my phone.

Cons

I do not like that you can not change or request a change of punch in times through the app. It would be nice to edit hours independently for small changes.

Hi there! Thank you so much for the great review about our time clock app. Please note that we do offer an option to edit hours inside the app. This can be located in the punch log. Please contact us if you need assistance. Have a great day!

Perfectly Simple

Does exactly what I need it to. I have crews at different location and on different jobs. They clock in, select the job, add notes as needed and clock out. Everything is organized for my books on the administrators end and extremely easy to navigate. The customer service is incredible and they have always been able to answer my questions whenever I call. If you want more out of your hour tracking and want to get more detailed with it, they can do that as well. However, for my purposes, I wanted simplicity, and this company offers an elegant solution for the whole spectrum of hours tracking needs.

Pros

Easy of use. You can setup what your employees see, set required fields, and not put an undue burden on your worker to learn a complicated system.

Cons

I would like to see a couple more report generating templates.

Thank you for the great review, Nathan. We are very happy to read how our time clock is easy for you to use. We are always looking for ways to improve our reports, so thank you for your feedback. Have a great day!

Easy to use, can login anywhere, used for years will all employees

Pros

Easy to use, admin login is user friendly to make any adjustments or see past logins. Employees can sign in on phones and clock in from where they need to.

Cons

Occasionally the systems seems down and we have to wait a couple hours to login. Hat is all that we have issues with but not too bad.

Hi Kristy, Thank you for your feedback. We recommend checking your internet connection during the time you experience an issue being able to login. The vast majority of the time this issue is due to bad internet/data connection. I hope this helps. If you ever need help troubleshooting an issue, please do not hesitate to contact us at 888-753-5999 -OTC Team

OTC is straightforward, intuitive, and easy to use. I would recommend this product.

Accurate time and attendance software

Pros

It is quick and easy to get started with OTC. Corrections/adjustments to punches are easy to make, and our employees have find it easy to use. It is excellent value for the money.

Cons

It doesn't integrate with our payroll software, requiring us to manually type in hours worked. Since we have 6 to 8 workers on the payroll at any one time, however, this isn't a problem.

Hello Anne, Thanks for the review. You can download your employees' time cards via CSV or PDF to be sent over to your payroll company. If you need any assistance please do not hesitate to contact us at 888-753-5999.

Can't function without On The Clock!

Overall On The Clock is reliable, easy to use for staff thanks to the app, has a high level of functionality and won't break the bank. My business can't function without this software because I am not paying 3x as much elsewhere.

Pros

The amount of features this software has is a great value for the price, and even free users get all the features.

Cons

The dashboard can be confusing upon first starting. There's a learning curve, maybe clunky design?

Hello Tasha, Thank you for your honest feedback about our employee time clock. We would also like to thank you for being a loyal customer of OnTheClock. Have a great day!

Easy to Use Platform

Much easier to track PTO and ensure proper payroll for employees, able to run analytics much more quickly and easily.

Pros

Fairly intuitive, easy to navigate and keep employee files organized. Helpful, responsive customer service whenever needed.

Cons

Lack of alerts for unusual situations (PTO entered twice for the same date, allowing employee punch in while on PTO) still requires a close review of hours weekly. Still not sure if historical payroll data calculates in reports - this would be a helpful feature for year end analysis of payroll.

Hi Regan, Thank you for the kind review and feedback. Please know that your input means a lot to us and we are constantly developing our time clock to serve a better purpose to our customers. Have a wonderful day.

Time to grow daymakers.com

Nothing but good news, with the website and customer service. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is extremely helpful!

Pros

OnTheClock.com solves employee management at an affordable price. I am rebuilding and the service is free for two employees or less. I hope to 3 or more employees by the end of the year and will happily pay the very reasonable rate per employee, currently $3 monthly.

Cons

So far I haven't found anything not to like. I am very happy with OnTheClock.com!

Thank you for taking the time to review our time clock system, Billy. Have a nice day.

Easy to use, boosted our efficiency in managing t/card. Flexible software with appropriate controls.

Pros

Ease of use, we are able to manage 150+ employees. We went from manual time cards to On The Clock. We have less administrative time and paperwork. We have only had to call a handful to times for help and each time the customer service was quick and helpful. We were able to customize this to our organization and you do not need much training to get this up and running. You should consider targeting more Y's if you are looking for a larger customer base. This was hands down one of our best software implementations.

Cons

We have a lot of different employees with different pay rates and different departments. I wish we had more reporting options.

Thank you for the amazing review.

Functionality

Excellent, great support.

Pros

Ontheclock.com helps us keep track of our hours incorporated into our opening computer screens. These hours are easily and quickly loaded to Quickbooks online for payroll. It is the time clock of the 21st century! An excellent value for the money.

Cons

It doesn't do our work for us! Would like to see future versions eliminate clocking in/ out across employees when technology becomes available (e.g., fingerprint, iris)

Hello and thank you for the kind review! We offer a setting that allows you to add the set times your employees work to automatically punch them in and out. Additionally, we offer biometric/fingerprint reading for employees to clock in and out. Learn more from this link: https://www.ontheclock.com/Fingerprint_Timeclock_Punching.aspx Have a great day! -OTC Team

I love OnTheClock

It helps a lot with punctuality. The team is making more efforts to arrive on time.

Pros

It makes it easy to track the time of my team and make sure that everyone is paid for all the hours they worked.

Cons

I'm still trying to learn the ins and outs of the software. I think I just need to familiarize myself with all the functions before I can answer this question. So far I love everything about it.

Hi Ina! Thank you for the review. Here is a link to some of our helpful videos that may help you get familiar with our functions. https://www.ontheclock.com/videos.aspx

Two Locations

We started with On the Clock because of the two locations we have and the difficulty I had collecting time cards at the end of the week. This program has solved that problem.

Pros

Having ON The Clock is very useful for our two locations. I can collect everyone's time in one easy location for doing payroll. So much better than waiting for an employee who is forgetful or gets busy before handing in their time.

Cons

No real cons. The program works as expected.

Hi Corine, We appreciate you taking the time to review our time clock system. Thank you for being a great customer. OTC Team

Any time I call i get the answer I need.

It saves time and money organizing payroll information

Pros

I really appreciate the ability to check multiple locations with the ease of only one login. I employ a large number of employees 20 years old or younger and am constantly fixing missed check in times or forgotten check out times.

Cons

I have had issues logging in from smart phone. I have to rekey my password everytime. I dont have that issue when logging in from my desktop. I tried the phone app and could not log in as administrator nearly as easily as from the website. I wish there was a setting that I could set as an automatic logoff (or even better a zero out). This would help with employees that forget to log off and there shift continued adding up.

Hi Douglas, Our product developer will be contacting you so OnTheClock can help make the operation of the app more convenient to use. Thank you for your review! :-) -OTC Team