OnTheClock.com Reviews

OnTheClock.com

Cloud-based employee time clock app

OnTheClock.com

Review Summary

Pros

Our whole team found it super easy to use and super efficient. Customer service is also very pleasant and helpful.

Rick G.

This is a great software and I have recommended it to several colleagues.

Shawna E.

This is easy to set up and maintain. Recommend it to anyone looking for an inexpensive good time clock management program.

Kym H.

Cons

The GPS feature to avoid clocking in from afar does not work with enough precision to be useable.

Luis M.

Obviously, if our internet is down, we don't have access to the software, but it could be worse.

Angela H.

They are constantly evolving so any suggestions end up being fixed before there's a problem.

Ken Z.

Easy and reasonably priced

Using Quickbooks with the time clock information makes payroll take a couple of minutes, allowing me to get done quickly and correctly. Employees like the ease of use, so they actually clock in and out! The cost of the program has risen, but still well worth the time savings.

Pros

As an employer I wanted an easy to use time clock. This is and has been such an easy set up and managed program I could not recommend it more highly. The ability to assign managers for other employees has made my payroll day so much easier, which is a big time saver, making payroll a breeze.

Cons

Printing options. There is not a smooth way to print audit logs. Having that additional report would be a great help for documentation of changes made after the fact.

Hi Kevin, We appreciate your feedback and review. Have a great day!

Why Pay Too Much for Time Tracking Software

I have had no issues with the program and use it regularly. We saved a lot of money by switching.

Pros

We have a small organization so we pay nothing for this software. It allows us to still track codes, time off etc. In fact, the time off feature works better than with some other companies as we can customize to each employee. It is easy to use. We also work remotely and don't require check in/out and are able to merely enter the number of hours for each job code.

Cons

The time off feature is a little odd as it doesn't show in the administrative reports easily. However, once you learn to use it, it works fine.

Hi Tereza! Thanks for the awesome review. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need assistance with our time off tracking feature - we would love to help. Thanks again, -OTC Team

Fool proof!!!

My overall experience with OnTheClock has been great from start to date. I just got off the phone with customer service and was super disappointed it an issue I have been having and she helped me fix it easily I love the app I love the price I love how easy it is I love how easy it is for everybody else to use it. I do not have to go through a training process with my employees it’s very self-explanatory I love that you can send your employees an invite to download the app and it pops up on their phone.

Pros

I love that my employees can easily punch in and out and then every two weeks I go in approve their time send it to my payroll software and pay my employees. Payroll takes me about 45 minutes every two weeks because of on the clock. This leaves me time to work in the field and attend other responsibilities that I have. It also leaves less room for error in time cards and allows me to know where I need to step in and help people who may be taking longer than they should regularly by glancing at their time. Also for safety purposes it’s nice to be able to know when people are working and where they might be working especially if it’s at night time.

Cons

I do my schedule a month in advance and it’s a very tedious process to sit down and do the schedule. I feel like there should be an easier way to do it. A lot of the jobs that we have a redundant and carrying over instructions when I duplicate shifts is not an option that would Make it a lot easier. Another thing I don’t like about it is that my employees cannot clock in or clock out when they do not have good cell phone service. I feel like there should be a feature that if you don’t have cell phone service you should still be able to clock out and then the app will update when you do get cell phone service.

Hello Dailey, Thank you for your feedback. We are in the process of improving our employee scheduling and allowing it to be a much more improved experience. Thank you so much, -OTC Team

GPS does not always track

Everyone I talked to is great, I will give it a try. They told me GPS is a new feature and that they will continue to roll out features for it. I just wish it was much more transparent on how the employee controls the GPS.

Pros

The interface is great on the admin side. Our employees have liked the ease of use. The cost is really reasonable as well.

Cons

The biggest drawback and why I might switch back to TSheets is that the GPS is dependent on the employee. If they close the app out it stops tracking them. It defeats the purpose of having it to prevent time theft. I am not sure why it can't continue to run in the background as that is what TSheets does. If you create geofencing it only matters for punching in and out. If they leave it does not punch them out but continues to keep their time. The GPS feature is great but if the employees have the control over it, it defeats the purpose of having it.

Hello Jamie, Thank you for the honest and kind feedback. Our developing team is currently working on some new robust and detailed features that will be geared towards improving the items you mentioned. We would love to have you continue to grow with the OnTheClock family. Have a great day, -OTC Team

Simple, Yet Powerful

This software has allowed me to speed up the processing of payroll, and to administer payroll remotely from the job site.

Pros

The login for staff and administration is simple and quick. The amount of customization is incredible, and more and more features are added frequently. I appreciate being able to export to QuickBooks Payroll using OTC's free converter.

Cons

For the price and ease of use, On The Clock can't be beat!

Thank you for the great review, Dan. Have an awesome day! -Tim G.

Best Time-clock App!!!

Pros

This app does everything I need it to do and more! I chose this one over the others because it does a time sheet/stub I can include with my employees checks. It’s the perfect app for my cleaning business!!

Cons

I do not like that it is priced per user. As my business grows the price goes up for each new employee.

Hello Beth, Thank you for reviewing our time clock. We also appreciate your feedback regarding our pricing. We try our best to accommodate everyone's needs who uses our employee time tracking solution. Have a great day.

Amazing Staff Member

Overall, I really like it. The staff love it too.

Pros

I love how easy it is to set up and use and how knowledgeable the staff is to the software. One staff member in particular, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], helps me every time I have a question. He's quick to answer and also doesn't talk to you all robotic like I've seen in other chats from other companies.

Cons

I do wish that you could set the time card to be in minutes instead of decimals when fixing hours. It's difficult to see 7.45 and think it means 7 hours and 27 minutes rather than be 7 hours and 45 minutes.

Hi Ashley, thank you for the kind review regarding our product and our customer support rep, Chris. We value your feedback :)

Co-owner of the business

Very please with it's use and assistance when needed. We are a small company and we will grow and have more users.

Pros

It's easy to use and understand. If I have an issue just a phone call and it's easily resolved. This was refereed to us by another company using this product.

Cons

I have found no real issues or complaints.

Hi Sam! Thank you for such a kind review. We are grateful to have you as a user of OnTheClock's. Have a great day!

Great software...very easy to use

Pros

It's very easy to understand and to use. Quick to learn

Cons

I can't think of anything that I don't like about it.

OnTheClock

An overall simplistic, easy to use time clock for your employees. Accessing your time card to view hours is simple. Submitting PTO time to be approved can be done in less than five steps. And the ease of clocking in and out makes using ontheclock worth it.

Pros

My company has been using ontheclock for a little under a year now. The desktop version is extremely easy to use and learn how to use. Clocking in and out is simple. A perk (for me) is seeing how many seconds you have until the time will change. Submitting PTO is simple and easy to use as well. You can easily access your time sheet and what PTO has been approved and what has been denied or even ones that are still in pending.

Cons

I have yet to find a negative thing about ontheclock. It can be slow at times but I do believe that is because of my internet connection and not because of ontheclock.

Wow, thanks for the great review! We are very happy to read how our time clock is helping your business. Have a wonderful day!

Love this product

Easy, professional, intuitive, inexpensive, feature rich, and a set-it and forget-it type of product. We have never had to call for customer service in two years of use.

Pros

It's accurate, easy to use and implement, super reliable, and very cost efficient. Don't let the big payroll services sell you an expensive time clock product that isn't better than OnTheClock.com and that costs 10 times more!

Cons

What I like least about this software is that I didn't know about it years before I implemented it. We were using a paper system for time reporting by employees until we found someone padding their hours. OnThe Clock.com stopped the padding process immediately and paid for itself 10 times over.

Hi Mark, Wow, wow, wow. This is what we have to say from your awesome review and feedback. It makes OnTheClock very happy to read how we have helped you and your company. Sounds like you had an issue with time theft from an employee, which is a huge situation among millions of companies in the world. Thanks again, OTC Team

OntheClock has revolutionized our business and helped us increase revenues!

10/10. Highly recommend! Skip the other apps and use OTC.

Pros

Prior to OTC, we were having employees manually log hours. This was not effective and very time consuming because we had no way to oversee that employees were being honest about their time logs. We then tried out a few other applications, but they lacked essential functionality that we required. Then we tried OTC. It is a game changer! Our employees press 1 button on their phone to clock in and the same button to clock out. SIMPLE. The app also has GPS tracking, which shows us exactly where the employee is when they clock in and out. This ensures that they are being truthful about punches. The best part is that its completely free up to a certain number of employees. We're happy to pay for our 10 employees.

Cons

Our biggest issue was the User Interface for the admins. They recently overhauled it and now we love it. So no cons now.

Hello Justin, Thank you for taking the time to give us an honest and detailed review. We are happy that you enjoy our new time clock user interface.

My 2nd and last time clock system

With the Punch IN and OUT alerts I am able to monitor my jobs without logging into the clock system to see when people come and go.

Pros

1) Its user friendly. 2) As the admin and payroll reporting person, it simple for me to get the info I need to report the hours to payroll company. 3) If I need to edit employees times, I can do it in a few steps. 4) I really like that it will alert me when someone punches IN and OUT.

Cons

1) It would be nice if the system would not combine the total hours in a bi-weekly cycle. I like to look to see who is getting close to OT each week. 2) during my busy time I have to hire a staffing service. My employees start their week on Saturday. The Staffing Service starts their employees on Sunday. So I have to have 2 separate accounts to track their time. I wish I could combine the 2 accounts so I can see both at the same time. Not a huge deal.

Hello David, Thank you for the great review. We recently released a new feature that alerts you when employees are approaching overtime. You can set this to alert you at a specific amount of time before they will hit OT. Here is a link for you to learn more: https://www.ontheclock.com/A-Time-Clock-With-Overtime-Alerts-.aspx

Ontheclock makes it absurdly easy to track time and punches.

Ontheclock allows us to easily track punches across all employees and locations, even remote employees who work from home. It also ensures quick, easy, and accurate punches from employees as they don't have to spend any more than a couple of seconds to punch into the Group Punch site once it's up.

Pros

The incredible amount of flexibility it offers is amazing. You can set or restrict punches from specific devices, regions, IP addresses, and similar on a per-employee basis or account-wide, allowing you to make sure that every employee is punching in when and were it's appropriate to do so. It allows a per-employee automatic accrue system for PTO. Approving PTO requests is a breeze as well.

Cons

In terms of end-user friendliness, it's a bit rough for non-tech-savvy folks to find the specific website they should log into and punch from - just going to ontheclock.com doesn't actually show anywhere you can log in or punch. This leads to needing to explain specific steps and URLs to users, or sending them a link to click, rather than just telling them to go to the site. It's also a bit of a hassle to reach the Group Punch site where employees can simply enter their employee number to punch in or out, and that could easily be resolved by having an application you could download to turn a desktop into a punch station.

Hi Jonathan, thank you for the great review and awesome feedback. We always like to hear how we can improve. Have a great day :)

On Cue is On the clock

It will let us have a good sight of any type of trends on employees getting in late, absenteeism. This way we can spot them and have a talk to them. We keep track of overtime, so we are able to study if any employee is abusing or if a client is needing employees to do overtime we can show them a report from on the clock

Pros

It provides many different ways of keeping track of employees. Its user friendly for our employees, and does not required a highly skills in computer. It provides accurate information at the time of keeping control of overtime, vacation hours, sick and personal tme. It will let you know who is in, and out at any time of the day. It also let you see where they are punching in, and what computer they did it Its not expensive, and it will let you add the company Logo in the employee "punch in" website.

Cons

So far whe have not been able to find something to dislike from On The clock... I would say having some videos inside the administrator website showing what you're able to do will be a great way to start. But besides that On the clock is really worth its price

Hi Armando, Thank you for your very detailed review. We appreciate your feedback. Here is a link to our video section if you are interested :) https://www.ontheclock.com/videos.aspx Have a great day, -OTC Team

Great Time Clock Solution

I really love the ease of use of this software and have implemented it in two other companies I work for.

Pros

We had tried various time clock machines that failed to work consistently and then I found this software and never looked back. The customer support is superior. Easy set up, super reasonable pricing and it has all the features that my company needs.

Cons

Not too long ago they did a "face lift" to the format of the website and I liked the format of the Time Card page before the face lift.

Hello Sue, Thank you so much for the kind review and feedback. We truly appreciate it.

We love OnTheClock

We've tried other time keeping solutions, but have stayed with OnTheClock now for approximately 7 or so years because it is so easy and versatile. We don't even use half the available functions because our office is small and "easy", but it's nice to know all those other functions are there for more complex businesses. In only word, the reason we have stayed is because it is "SIMPLE" and we just love that this is one thing we can count on that won't be a hassle.

Pros

Prior to switching to OnTheClock we actually had a thumbprint scanner. Half of our employees couldn't get it to scan their thumbs consistently. We have satellite offices that created a lot of manual adjusting because we only had one scanner. OnTheClock is sooooo much easier! Accessible from anywhere you have internet access and if there are manual corrections/adjustments to make they are a snap and biweekly I get OnTheClock to email our accountant timecards with no hassle.

Cons

n/a - can't really even think of any cons.

Hi Jennifer, Thank you for your kind review! Your feedback on how you use our time clock system for your business is very important to us as well. Have a great day!

Absolute Amazing

It has allowed me to save so much time each two weeks with figuring out my payroll for my staff. Plus it has cut out the dishonesty of some employees, who would add time to their time cards, previous to this system.

Pros

I love that I was able to get rid of my paper time cards, employees cheating on their times when they would log in and out, and it keep track of the total hours for me, instead of me having to figure everything out every payday, I run one simple report and input that info into my payroll manager.

Cons

The only issues I have, that are the time accumulator that is supposed to help me track sick time, etc is not working correctly, however I have not attempted to contact tech support yet. Also the other thing is, we are in Arizona and we do not change times, but some of my employees show up in the reports and hour off from the other employees and we have been unable to get all of our staff on the same time zones, even though we have configured the settings correctly. Otherwise a great product.

Thank you for the review! We will have a representative contact you so we can assist you with tracking your employee's sick time. -OTC Team

One of the best decisions we ever made was to get one the clock!

Just not having to calculate a bunch of paper time sheets is a huge benefit!!

Pros

We love that there is an app and the majority of our staff use it. There have been very few times that we've needed to call customer service but when we do, they are fantastic and responding quickly and helping us resolve the issue. We used to do paper time sheets and will NEVER go back to that after switching to on the clock.

Cons

The app sometimes has trouble with follow through if not on wifi. If we are not watching carefully, we think we've clocked out but the app didn't follow through with it. We have to wait for the little message to come up saying the clock out occurred. Also, the last time we used the PTO request feature through the app, it didn't work properly which caused trouble on the book keeping end of things. Our staff now know that if they use that feature on the app, to notify me so I can make sure it worked.

Hi Alisha, Thank you for the feedback. Please feel free to contact us if you need any assistance in some of the troubles that you have experienced. We are here to help you and your company as much as possible.

Want your time clock easier? - Read below

I like the fact that I don't have a paper trail.

Pros

Really easy way to keep your employees honest about their time clock, punching in/out. I love the GPS feature so that they aren't "clocking in" at home then driving to the office. Called BS on that once! Also, they just whip out their phones once they get here to punch in/out, then they are finished. For payroll. Just go to manage employees tab, select the time frame for payroll. Ours is every 2 weeks. Hours are automatically calculated. IF, there's something odd, I can look at each individual punch. For instance, someone forgot to punch out and was on the clock for 27 hours straight. Quick edit and back to honest hours.

Cons

Sometimes it takes a day to get a response back from customer service. But, that's a rare occasion. A real human typically answers right away.

Hi Joseph, Thank you for the great review and feedback. We hope that you never have to wait for a response. Our customer support team does their best to answer tickets as soon as possible. Thank you once again and have a great day!

We had an employee who's attendance and time were in question. We decided to switch from our paper system to on online system where clocking in and out were required. This software did exactly what we needed it to.

Pros

The set up and daily use is very easy. We are a small company and didn't need a complicated system at this time. It also looks like it will be a good program as our company grows and hires more employees.

Cons

Sometimes as Administrator I need to over-ride the punches. It takes me a while to get it right. Could be just that I don't remember how to do it since its not an everyday thing.

Hi Vivian! We value your feedback and appreciate your review. If you ever need assistance with over-riding punches, please do not hesitate to contact us - we will be more than happy to assist you. Have a great day.

Great cost-saving alternative to other time and attendance options

As a startup, I am leery of long-term contracts. This is a very nimble software.

Pros

Low cost and flexibility. Also, no long term contract.

Cons

New PTO years can sometimes be cumbersome to begin.

Thank you for the kind review and feedback, Jared. If you ever need assistance with the PTO feature then please do not hesitate to contact us. Have a great day.

Best clock station ever used

In the 8 years of using On The Clock it has only got better as improvements are made. Price is the best for its money. The ease of using the system saves time. Tracking employees time has never been better. Thank you On The Clock from the staff at Pierce Properties in Fayetteville Arkansas.

Pros

The ease of use for the employees and the use of a clock station in the shop. Automatic time entered for salary employees. Tracking of vacation, PTO. Texted when employee clocks in or out. Ease of editing time. Audit log. Payroll calculations.

Cons

On salary employee that are paid the same every 2 weeks regardless of hours they is no way to put pay rates in system unless you enter in hour rate rather than salary amount.

Hi Kevin, We can't express enough how thankful we are to have you as a customer for 8 years. Thank you for your loyalty and thank you for taking the time to review us. -OTC Team

On the clock is easy for the employees to clock in/out.

Pros

Easy for the employees to use. They are able to see their hours worked without an issue. It is also easy for me to see who is in and not.

Cons

On the clock, need more options for reporting. I would like to be able to print in first name order, that is the order QuickBooks has the employees. It would be nice to be able to add the salary employees to keep track of vacation, sick and holiday. I wish there was a way to add holidays for all employees, not individually.

Hello Charisse, Thank you for the review :) You're right, we do need more reporting options and this is something that we would like to have available sooner than later. -Salaried employees can track vacation, sick and holiday using OntheClock. They would do it the same way hourly employees do, except they would not punch in or out each day using the punch clock. -The employer can add bulk pto using OntheClock PTO Menu -> Bulk PTO. I hope this information was helpful. One of our customer support members will be reaching out to you soon to help assist you with these options. Have a great day, OTC Team

Great company to work with! Easy to set-up. Customer support is friendly and quick to respond.

Pros

The software pretty much covers all the bases! The basic software is very user friendly for administrator, managers and employees. It's customizable in several areas as well. It's an really good value for all that you get. Last week, one of my colleagues was looking for a new online time clock service, and I recommended you!

Cons

I would like to be able to add text to the "SCHEDULE" function. Ex. Would be nice to be able to include the text OFF on days that employees do not work. Currently, if you don't add any hours, it is just a blank space, which can be confusing.

Hi Robin, Thank you for the great review and the referral! We are thankful to have customers like yourself! Thank you for the feedback regarding text in the scheduling feature. We will inform our developers about this :) -OTC Team