Timesheets.com Reviews

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.05/10

Reviews by rating

He would not let me end the chat until I was squared away. I appreciate his help tremendously and it was a pleasure speaking with [SENSITIVE CONTENT]Thank you so much.
The software is user friendly and integrates effortlessly with our other software. The software helps us track our profits and resources.
IF your willing to invest some time to set up the app it can be super helpful and make time tracking pretty much fool proof. Integration with Quickbooks was super easy.
Cannot think of any features that were missing.
Haven't been using it that long to discover a dislike.

Andrew B.

Director of Sales

Insurance, 11-50 employees

Great Resource to Manage Your Timesheet

Transcript

Andrew B.: Hi, I'm Andrew. I'm a director of sales and I would give Timesheets.com a three out of five...

CharRon S.

Owner

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

A Serious Production review

Transcript

CharRon S.: Hi, my name's CharRon. I am a podcast producer and a DJ, and I give Timesheet four out of...

Cayla B.

Law Practice, 11-50 employees

As an hourly employee, this is so easy!

Pros

I like that every employee is held accountable to clock in and out of work. It is an extremely easy-to-use and functional software that helps the finance department to accurately pay the employees every two weeks. I also like that we can add mileage and review our statements, as well as adding in paid time off, holidays, and sick time.

Cons

Everyone is held to a moral standard, so everyone is inputting their own hours. Unfortunately there is no other way of knowing whether or not a person inputted the correct hours.

KD

Kim D.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Accountant

Great

Pros

Ease of use for staff and management. The reports are fantastic and easily customized.

Cons

Employee set up is a bit cumbersome but not bad.

JT

Jean T.

Cosmetics, 10,001+ employees

Old fashion and not friendly for users

Pros

Copy hours from one day to another. Easy to add hours.

Cons

Slow and not friendly for users. There is a very limited options of reports. It's not possible to copy the hours from one employee to another.

This reviewer was never our customer and probably confused with some other vendor. Capterra really needs to stop paying people money to write reviews. They get crap like this. No details, no actual insight into the product. They write a brief line or 2 and they get their $10 - at our expense! We don't have any clients with more than 1000 users, let alone 10,000! This is very unfair.

BM

Bruce M.

Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees

Preparing to Deploy Company Wide.

Fabulous. At present we are using an antiquated time tracking product. We started off about eighteen months ago with a different product. The interface on that product was not intuitive or user friendly.The other product's sales staff indicated that their support staff would be involved with initial setup every step of the way. That was not our experience. We spent a year, off and on, and about $3500 (not including labor) attempting to use the other product. Time and money wasted. The deciding factor, however, was poor support. Timesheets support has been outstanding. Quick to respond to live chat requests and accessible.

Pros

The user interface is intuitive. One you get the hand of it, it's easy to find what you want.

Cons

Would like to be able to create a formatted template for job description, or, in the alternative, be able to create custom project description fields. Such as:Owner entity:Engineers:--Electrical --Mechanical--Structuraletc.

JP

Janet P.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Excellent and prompt customer service!!

Again - customer service is the BEST!!! Never had a bad experience. Everyone is friendly, helpful, and prompt!!!

Pros

Ease of use! Very user friendly. I love that someone is always available by chat to answer my questions. Never have to wait, and they walk me through the process. Very friendly!!

Cons

There really isn't anything I would change at this point.

TH

Teresa H.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Great Customer Service

The customer service is unbelievable. I have been in this roll for 18 years and worked with many vendors and I have never had this great of service. I spoke with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] this morning and in less than 2 mins., I had the answer I needed. He was patient, helpful and helped to educate me which will save me time. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was professional but, very personable. He is a great asset to your company!

Pros

As with any new product, there is a small learning curve but, I am learning something new each day. I wanted ours to be simplified and I have found the right product.

Cons

There is nothing difficult about this software. Once I learn more about the software, I may have a recommendation at that time.

MM

Misty M.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Love it!

I had such a great experience with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. I had so many questions during the implementation and she was just fabulous!

Pros

My favorite feature is having both a time clock and project time tracking in one system. Our firm had been previously using one software for payroll and one for tracking client billing. Having all the info in one system allows us to reconcile everything daily and monitor things more closely.

Cons

There is no app for ease of use on your cell phone, but it's not that bad we all can just go to a webpage to log in.

SC

SUZANNE C.

Accounting, self-employed

Perfect for tracking your time for various clients, including interuptions.

Excellent product and training was perfect.

Pros

To be able to track time with timer and simultaneously pausing for interuptions like phone calls or emails

Cons

Nothing yet. Perhaps I will find something lacking eventually, but not yet.

Kevin M.

Hospital & Health Care,

We were in desperate need of way to track employee time. It needed to affordable & easy to use.

Affordable solution that lets us manage employee time effectively, allows us to create useful reports, keeps employees honest with their time cards.

Pros

Timesheets is a feature rich solution that has allowed us to effectively manage employee time and reporting. It's very easy to configure and manage. It's great at tracking PTO and expenses. One of the features that we find most valuable is the ability to limit access by IP address. Our employees can only clock in/out when they are physically in our office.

Cons

There's not much negative to say about an affordable service that gets the job done with a minimal learning curve. One thing that I feel it lacks is a dedicated mobile app. Timesheets offers a mobile version of their website, but a dedicated mobile app would be a welcomed addition.

EG

Esther G.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Timesheets

Pros

[sensitive content hidden] and others such as [sensitive content hidden] on the Live Chat have been very helpful when it comes to a problem I encountered.

Cons

At this point I have not encountered a problem that had not been solved.

JF

Julie F.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Timesheets.com is a stand-out for its ease-of-use and stellar support

Pros

I was looking for a simple time tracking program so that my employees could enter daily time and track paid time off accruals. I figured we would get something that would be fine, without all sorts of "extras". Instead, we found Timesheets.com to be a robust, fantastic service. I was amazed at how much we could customize (and how much the Timesheets.com support team could customize for us). It is a...

Cons

Once or twice there was an issue with the expense reports feature - it seemed to calculate the total amount in an employee's expense report differently on the report page vs. the dashboard page. However, this could also have been an issue with how I was displaying the report! It never became enough of an issue for me to report it or figure it out. That's the only thing I can think of that wasn't great.

R

Robbin T H.

Warehousing, 1-10 employees

Used other for 2+ years

MORE SMOOTHLY RUN BUSINESS WITH THE BEST SUPPORT

Pros

We have been using Timesheets.com for at least seven years now. I spent a lot of time shopping around and then had a chance to spend some time talking to Joel on the phone who is the owner. He was so helpful and patient with me so I decided to give them a try. I especially wanted an internet based timesheet program where my staff could post hours, and then our accountants could log in and get the...

Cons

I can't really think if anything offhand, but I also don't use the program myself.

TK

Tammy K.

Construction, 11-50 employees

TimeSheets - Best Customer Service Ever

Love it

Pros

1. Great customer service. 2. Able to use on various job sites and see where they clock -in/out 3. Easy to use 4. Great price point user based. 5. You can pick and choose what features you want to use.

Cons

1. Memo feature: Memos do not show up on Mobile version only desktop :-( 2. PTO: not easy for workers out in the field or at home to use or find PTO if used to using the mobile view. when they switch to the desktop view

LF

Laurie F.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

New user impressed with customer service

I struggled a little with understanding what the reports were and which I needed. But customer service answered my questions, walking me through how to get the information I needed, quickly and efficiently.

Pros

It's fairly intuitive for employees to put their time in and figure out how to code it.

Cons

The leave function is clunky. Once employee puts their leave request in, they cannot change it. It must be deleted (by the supervisor, if I'm remembering correctly) and re-entered. Also, supervisor must go into leave and approve the requests, and cannot do it while approving the time worked entries. I struggle with getting the supervisors to do this task because it's not intuitive. Also, you can only have one pay period, so if you have both salaried and hourly employees and they need different pay periods, you must do one manually. It's not awful, but another thing to remember to do.

JD

Jodie D.

Human Resources, 51-200 employees

It works good, but there are employees that always say they 'clocked in' but it doesn't 'register'

I would tell people what system we have but I have nothing to compare it with. So I wouldn't be a lot of help for other people

Pros

The main page is nice with the list of employees; the ease of seeing who is clocked in and who is clocked out

Cons

for the senior people it is harder for them to learn. I don't know if we need a security question and all that. it is just a time clock

HI Jodie, I saw your comment about clock punches not 'registering'. This simply doesn't occur, so please call us the next time you think this happened. We have a full audit trail and a breadcrumb tracking ability. Usually when employees report clock punches that didn't take, it's user error. Most of the time they just forgot, and we can tell that because there's no audit trail showing they even logged in. Occasionally the audit trail shows the employee logged in but never punched the clock. This is far more rare. In most cases, it's just a simple case of forgetfulness, but we can certainly prove this if we get a chance. Call us the very next time it happens with the name and date and we'll show you exactly what transpired.

DD

Dina D.

Human Resources, 1-10 employees

We have had a great experience with timesheets.com in the 3 years we have been a customer.

It helps us see how much time we are spending with our customers. Since they are billed for a certain amount of hours per month. It is critical for us to know where our time is going so we can bill appropriately.

Pros

It is very easy to set employees up and add customers. We were able to add special tracking items for our customers to help us track exactly what time was spent where. The reporting feature is easy to use to run reports for different time periods and for different customers. It is easily downloaded to other formats. The website is always available, we have never had any trouble with logging in to access it. The cost is very inexpensive for the functionality you get.

Cons

No problems with anything so far. I do have to archive people when we add new people just to stay within our licenses though.

SG

Stacey G.

Insurance, 11-50 employees

Simple, Straight-Forward Product with Great Customer Service

Overall, Timesheets.com allows us to track our employees time in a simple, but effective format. And while they may not have all of the bells and whistles of some of the newer time clock software options out there, they do have unparalleled customer support. We have tried others and trust me the added features without the support only equal added headaches. We're glad we're using Timesheets.com.

Pros

The customer service is top notch. The team does not make you feel like an idiot if you don't know simple tasks and they don't put you on hold for an hour if you have more complicated questions. You get straight-forward service whether that is assistance with a real person through the chat bot or more hand -holding service on the phone. Additionally the product itself is simple. While there isn't an app, it's very easy for the team to clock in and out and edit time as needed as well in the browser. They can enter their own PTO requests and I can view them individually or in the calendar mode to compare against who else will be out that day.

Cons

There is no app and it doesn't integrate directly with the payroll service.

BK

Brook K.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

A business necessity!

Customer service is first rate, everyone on the Timesheets.com team is helpful and easy to work with. We are very happy with the platform and the service it provides.

Pros

This software has helped us efficiently tie our time and energy to projects to tell the story of how our organization moves the needle in our destination. It's easy to see what we're expending by project and put that up against return to make better business decisions with the resources we have.

Cons

It's hard to get people adjusted to new software and we don't always use the system to it's full potential.

MN

Michael N.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Frametechs

Or use it to keep a record of all of my jobs I really like how I can break down the jobs per person and it allows me to know where I am financially in real time. Every time I have had a problem setting someone up or Working with the program I have been helped out by someone on the phone and they were very helpful. I do recommend it to everyone I work with

Pros

It is very easy to use and when I need assistance I get it right away

Cons

Sometimes it can be difficult loading a new person on to the program

Thanks for the review, Michael. Actually we do have a simple solution for your problem with new hires! You have a feature enabled even though you're not using it, and hiding it from view will make the project time sheet the default login view. I will contact you offline to show you where to turn it off. That will solve your new hire training problem.

AP

Adam P.

I needed an inexpensive solution and their customer service won me over.

Pros

I like that my employees are able to submit time off requests and I am notified quickly. It is overall easy to set-up more employees on the account, it does not take a large amount of steps or walk through. Timesheets has been a time friendly way for a small business operator as myself to create a solution.

Cons

I would like for Timesheets to integrate a standalone time-clock system to work with their software. I do not like the fact that my employees have to log into a computer to clock in. I would also like for the employees vacation/PTO time to have two separate columns, one that states what they currently have in the bank and one that shows what they have in the bank minus any approved time off requests. It is currently hard to track if the employee is accruing time off correctly compared to their pay-check stub.

LI

Laurie I.

Writing and Editing, 11-50 employees

Intuitive software that doesn't require a lot of instructions for me (or my staff) to use.

I complete payroll and track employee/contractor volumes by form reviewed.

Pros

I like that there is always help when I do need it. Very problem-solving oriented support team! I have only positive experiences every time I have either a simple or complex question. They take the time to try and understand my business and the underlying goal that I'm trying to accomplish.

Cons

The only thing I don't love is that we use the supervisor feature so that our contractors can see their rates per piece - but that leaves me a little vulnerable. Since they are input as supervisors, they can also change the rates on me. I bet we are unique in requiring this feature for non-supervisors, however.

TC

Taku C.

Medical Practice, 51-200 employees

Great service!

Excellent!

Pros

Great customer service and great product!

Cons

The only thing I would add is a more robust and easier to use scheduling module.

KD

Kim D.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Their chat support is wonderful. They respond quickly and helpful.

Allows me to track work done by my remote workers, process paychecks more quickly, and provide historical data on specific projects.

Pros

The program is intuitive and offers what I need. There are a number of reports available and customizable in so many ways. The clock in and clock out buttons are conveniently placed. The time entry screen is compact and allows space for making long notes.

Cons

Setting up an employee is the only thing I have needed assistance with and this is only because I add an employee so rarely. There are lots of options available to cover virtually any setting you could want but it can seem be a little overwhelming.

HA

Heidi A.

Law Practice, 11-50 employees

[sensitive content hidden] was exceptionally helpful

Whatever questions I have they are able to assist me quickly. The program is very easy to use and incorporate to other payroll functions. I highly recommend it.

Pros

The program is Easy to use, track and process timesheets and assist with payroll.

Cons

Nothing. Seriously?? I can complete this survey without typing in more information. You need to fix this. You are now wasting my time!

AM

Ann Marie L.

Accounting, 51-200 employees

Payroll Management all in one place

Great

Pros

Great tool for both admin and employee. Both can see information needed.

Cons

when trying to add a new employee or contractor and their email comes up as already in use