Rippling Logo

Rippling Reviews

4.9

1.4K

1,328

How would you rate Rippling?

Pros

We also appreciate that they are always moving forward with additions and improvements. This company is truly innovative and the best option out there today.

Misty Marie W.

I love that Rippling makes payroll fun, with easy to use features to download documents, see paystubs, and fun design quirks that always bring a smile to my face.

JP

James P.

Great product at a great value. Our transition from our previous product was seamless and changes are easy to make within program.

RB

Rodney B.

Cons

Rippling did not file my quarterly taxes and failed to pay federal taxes on payroll for a few staffers. I have been financially penalized by the government.

MS

Megan S.

At this moment there are no aspects of this software that I dislike.

I have since transitioned to a new payroll provider that has had zero issue doing both those things correctly. Yet, I'm still being charged for Rippling despite them not doing their job correctly.

MS

Megan S.

1,425 reviews

Misty Marie W.

Human Resources Manager

Entertainment, 51-200 employees

Rippling is Magical

Transcript

Misty: Hi, my name is Misty. I'm the HR manager at a university, and I give Rippling a five out of five....

Ease of use is 10/10

Transcript

Anna Y: Hi, I'm Anna. I am an operations associate in retail, and I give Rippling a four out of five...

Rippling is fantastic! Best software product I’ve used in years

Fantastic. Everything from the implementation to our daily use, this has been one of the best product purchases I’ve ever made. Plus, my boss ([SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] ) absolutely loves Rippling and has even talked about it at our board meeting! Good stuff all around and I have recommended it to at least a dozen colleagues in my local market.

Pros

The automations, integrations, and ease of use are second to none. Important tasks (i.e. onboarding a new employee) used to take me an hour and a half to complete with our prior vendor (due to disconnected workflows, confusing product layout, etc) and it now takes me less than 10 min with Rippling. Transformational.

Cons

The only con i can point to is not being able to just call into a customer support number for important issues (to speak to a live person), but the support email is monitored regularly, so it definitely makes up for any negatives. They also recently instituted a Pod system to support issues and it has been a great experience. It also appears they have recently hired account managers, which tells me they continue to scale the organization and add the appropriate team members for additional support. Good stuff all around.

Lots of Potential

Pros

I like the ease of use, the ease of onboarding aspect, the product offering, and integrations.

Cons

There are some things that could be improved and we had a very rocky start, but am hopeful things will get better over time.

Rippling did not file my withholding taxes

Customer support is the worst of any company I have worked with, especially for the price. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Pros

Onboarding is nice but not critical to our company as we could just use paper.

Cons

Rippling did not file our withholding taxes. Customer support is non-existent. Everything is addressed with pre-written documents but no one will address my issue which has been open since November and it is now April.

Streamlines Everything!

Pros

I am a Rippling admin for 3 companies that I work as an independent contractor for. Ripplings ease of use is top tier and it makes HRIS/Payroll/Benefits Management so incredibly easy. I've gone through 2 different implementations and each has gone off with little to no roadblocks.

Cons

I used to dislike a few aspects of the employee profile, but changes have been rolled out and those issues have largely been resolved.

Easy to use, convenient, integrated

Pros

Rippling offers several time entry and tracking options so that different employees can use it in a way that fits their needs. I like the timeline view, which allows me to easily view entries, add breaks, and adjust my timeline if I forgot to switch jobs when I changed tasks. I also like the time off request process because it is clear and easy to use.

Cons

I don't have any complaints. There was an issue in the beginning where I couldn't see my totals but they corrected that quickly when we let them know.

Rippling Payroll and HR software Reveiw!

So far, my experience has been amazing. sales was great to work with, easy to understand, program is user friendly.

Pros

So intuitive, complete and thorough. Easy to set up and use, pricing is very competitive. Integrates with quickbooks and a bunch of other software apps and programs.

Cons

I haven't found any yet, but will update this if I do! so far everything is intuitive and easy to set up and use

The best software for benefits

Fantastic - one of the best/most intuitive pieces of software I've had the chance to use

Pros

rippling makes the process of onboarding, updating benefits, managing them and payroll a breeze. this was my first time using rippling and after going through the *seamless* onboarding flow I don't know how any company in the remote world is getting by without using rippling.

Cons

the customer support. for most companies, customer support is a "maker" or "breaker". with rippling the product is strong enough that their support teams lack of enthusiasm does not break. very much so the cookie cutter - copy and paste answers from help articles experience and lack of care. if they get this experience right though - they'll be the best solution out there

Life Changing!

Pros

Rippling has made the process for onboarding and offboarding extremely easy. Payroll is done in a breeze and customer service is exceptional!

Cons

So far, we are happy with all of the features we are currently using.

Rippling is a Great Product – Easy to Use!

Rippling is a great product. I am an executive director but don't have a full-time HR employee (we are a new company, still growing), so sometimes I have to manage payroll myself. Rippling makes it easy and painless.

Pros

It is easy to use, pretty intuitive, and has an attractive interface that makes using it pleasant.

Cons

When we started using it, I had trouble managing documents, but now I have no problem. Not sure if an improvement was made or if it was me, but it's all good now.

Intuitive and streamlined interface. Professional software application with aesthetic appeal.

Pros

Navigation is intuitive and I like the minimalist feel. Transition from our previous SaaS provider seemed to be low-impact for the users. That is much appreciated.

Cons

The inability to push the MFA request to my mobile device instead of keying the one-time code (not significant).

A lot to like, but if you need payroll be wary

As I mentioned, on the HR side of things, it is fairly easy to use Rippling. Payroll has its positives, until something goes wrong and then it is the worst nightmare and time suck that you will experience with a payroll software. As you can tell I am pretty frustrated. This isn't my first time that I have searched for other alternatives. I am considering other options at this point. Somehow the last five times I went through this they came through in the end but not before exhausting me, their customer and my accountant. It's not fun to rack up bills fixing the mistakes for software that I am paying for. If I change it will be to one of the payroll services with phone support.

Pros

Rippling on the whole is fairly easy to use and employee friendly, until you get to payroll.

Cons

The customer support setup is dreadful. Again, the people are nice, but the way it is handled is not acceptable for payroll. Payroll needs to have phone support as it is a time sensitive issue. I have been through all their growing pains, and feel like I should be compensated for debugging their software. They brought taxes in house and now several tax forms are late, again! There is no...

From a Users Perspective

Rippling has by far been the smoothest experience I've had handling my benefits, payroll, onboarding, etc. Login and password requirements are sensible, Multi-factor-auth is available and encouraged, activities/actions users can take are clearly labeled and easy to find, and once you, say, click into payroll, it's fairly obvious how to do what you need. Rippling is quite comprehensive in it's scope,...

Pros

- Clear and intuitive UI/UX - Informative Context Everywhere -- Benefits onboarding was well laid out and easy to compare options -- Paystub breakdowns and explanations are awesome -- User profiles actually helpful - Orgchart Just Works. - Healthcare management is easy.

Cons

- Reliance on Chrome: I've noticed some site features don't behave quite right unless I use a Chrome based browser, and their Employee Home product only works as a Chrome extension, there's no site-based experience for it that I've found. So if you aren't a chrome user, you have to install and keep open an extra browser if you want to take advantage of that without migrating from your current preferred...

Automates HR & Great for Department of 1

I have been able to centralize the company's structure through HR, not IT. That is the most major difference.

Pros

The organization of HR by Title, Level, Department, or Team makes you think through your structure strategically to then define who should have access to what. From there, you have the ability to manage multiple software integrations that are essential for employee management, onboarding, and feel confident that access has been removed at the time of termination.

Cons

I would like to have more control in customizing the Employee Home to function more heavily as an Intranet. I like the simplicity of it though. I would like to have Employee Relations added in Rippling - case management. Documentation of performance, PIP's, emails, reports from managers, complaints from employees, investigations, workflows and processes. If this could be attached to the employee profile, along with Performance Evaluations, that would round out the package.

Brock McKinley's Review for Epipheo

Now we are connecting up a bunch of programs together to make my workflow easier. Ripping is putting my HR, payroll, benefits and onboarding all into one place and makes my job that much better. I don't have to go to one program to send docs to an employee and then another to set up an email for a new employee and then to another to check an employee's benefit elections. Putting together all these things in one easy to navigate and understand platform is going to blow the competition away.

Pros

The easy of use! It just makes sense! Coming from Paycor, which is a convoluted mess, Rippling is a breath of fresh air. Easy to find what you are looking for and get things done. I'm no longer wasting time trying to figure out how to do something.

Cons

Only little things that could be improved. For the most part this in in regard to organizing things. Would be great to be able to change the order of apps in the side panels. Also would like to be able to duplicate templates in order to make slight changes. Also sometimes navigating the Custom Fields grid for employees can be hard to see what you are doing because it only shows the field title and not the section you are in. So maybe lines dividing sections or at least the section titles at the top could help with viewing and navigating.

I am excited to implement Rippling !

From the demo through implementation, our Rippling experience has been top notch so far. The team is very responsive and the system is extremely user friendly and customizable. I would highly recommend this to small HR teams looking to streamline processes.

Pros

Rippling has been a great solution for us as a small company without an IT department. We are able to streamline our on-boarding and off-boarding processes, making it easy to order equipment and remotely update software on our employees' computers. Our employees love the easy app based user interface, making it easy to download paystubs, update personal information, enroll in benefits, and submit FSA receipts all in one platform!

Cons

The only con I have run into so far is the lack of phone support for administrators. With that being said, the team has been very responsive via email!

Unique vision, powerful platform, excellent service

We were looking for a one stop shop to manage employee lifecycle (onboarding, management, offboarding) without having to have dedicated IT resources or disrupt our valuable engineers to carry out basic tasks like account provisioning and laptop configuration. While most HR platforms handle the basics of payroll and benefits, Rippling was unique in its approach to solving the IT side of the equation without having to build custom workflows or write a whole lot of scripts. Overall, Rippling delivers on their vision and is backed by a great team of onboarding and success managers to ensure that everything runs smoothly and our employees are taken care of.

Pros

Rippling was intuitive and easy to get up and running. Setup was self guided with helpful information to ensure that we maintain compliance with federal and state regulations. The initial load of employee data took little to no time and other than a couple of employees who struggled to upload their photos, I didn't have to assist anyone in setting up their profile, completing necessary documents,...

Cons

The overall application navigation was a little clumsy when we were first onboarded, lacking a breadcrumb menu experience that meant you had to return to the home screen to move between areas of the platform. That said, Rippling was highly responsive to feedback, and over the subsequent weeks rolled out revisions to their overall user experience that represent a significant improvement in moving between...

Best HR Tool I've Used

My overall experience with Rippling is really positive. I honestly can't recommend this product enough (and I do recommend it often!). I have been burned by many HR and Payroll systems in the past. I didn't think a simple, easy-to-use product existed but here we are. Thank you, Rippling!

Pros

The software is really easy to use for both our administrators and employees and the user interface is beautiful. It was relatively painless to implement and integrate into our business. It's a really smart system – based on past experience with other systems, I was skeptical that Rippling could really handle everything that was promised to us in our sales demos but it has fully met my expectations!...

Cons

There really aren't any cons; however, if I had to say what I liked the least, it would be not having a direct phone number to call for immediate help. With that said, their online support team is super responsive and our dedicated CSM is willing to schedule calls with us if needed.

Great Overall Business Product

Rippling has saved me time and money overall. Combining all HR aspects with payroll, apps, and equipment is the best bundle of services you could ask for, especially when you are dealing with multiple roles and departments.

Pros

Rippling is extremely intuitive and easy to use! They make payroll a breeze each wee and walk you through ever step of the way. They integrate easily into QB and other platforms. The PTO tracking system is quite extensive and allows for easy tracking of employees hours and is very easy for employees to use when requesting time off. Pricing is very competitive and has saved our non-profit a lot of funds when compared to what we were using previously.

Cons

The only con with Rippling is that they do not have a customer service phone line to call, all inquiries are done via email.

Rippling is a must have

Overall, very positive. The Rippling team has been very responsive and helpful along our journey. The platform made an immediate and positive impact on payroll, benefits, and onboarding processes. I have evaluated numerous HR/payroll platforms (Gusto, Bamboo HR) and implemented Namely at my last company. Rippling is an improvement over all of them. Rather than trying to offer mediocre functionality across a breadth of items, they are focused on being the best at core features (payroll, onboarding/offboarding, benefits, IT lite, etc.) and then integrate with best-in-class apps for items like performance reviews, expense management,...).

Pros

1) Technology that makes my life better 2) Responsive team/customer service 3) Makes my team happy (because of #1 and #2). The thoughtfulness in workflows helps a lot.

Cons

1) I fear that the cost could very quickly grow -- initial pricing on modules is usually $/employee/month...regardless of how many people actively use the module. The team has been responsive to requests for different pricing schemes. 2) Data visibility (e.g. compensation info) is a bit limited on flexibility. It is either at the admin level (everything) or general user level (limited visibility). I expect this will change over time, but some more intermediate steps would be great (e.g. manager can see comp info, but not SSN, bank info, etc.).

Hey Douglas, Thanks so much for your feedback, we're always making improvements, so look out for updates around data visibility.

Great product, friendly service

Rippling makes it easy for my employees to get paid, track PTO, do open enrollment for healthcare and it handles all the tax/compliance stuff with ease.

Pros

Rippling's Payroll is seamless and easy and their support in setting everything up (and transferring from my old provider was flawless). We manage our Benefits, PTO, Payroll, Worker's Comp all through their software. For benefits and Worker's Comp, it integrates with third parties seamlessly (our health insurance broker and a Worker's Comp company Rippling works with). But overall, I've appreciated their service above all else - requests are quickly and politely answered (not like my previous provider)

Cons

The reporting features leave a lot to be desired, but I can see them improving as they go. Today's payroll run surfaced a brand new report that wasn't there just two weeks ago, so I'm hopeful this is an area they are devoting more attention to.

Modernized Flexible Solutions

Pros

The smoothness of not only the implementation, but the usability of the program for both admins and employees.

Cons

As Rippling is still relatively new itself, there are some features or capabilities that are unique to our company - such as having multiple entities, banking needs, etc. - that Rippling doesn't quite offer yet- HOWEVER, our account manager and the support team have been receptive and responsive to our needs and are continuing to work on the things we need as we request them, which is great.

Thanks for your feedback :) We're constantly working on building new features.

Great integrations save hours, easy to use

Overall has been very good. Initial set up took minutes for all of our applications and payroll. Really frees up a lot of time managing employees, computers and software licenses for the team.

Pros

Intuitive design, easy to navigate, saves a lot of time managing multiple systems for employees. LOVE the software licensing set up and computer security management. Makes onboarding and terminations much faster and more accurate!

Cons

Occasionally payroll support emails have gone unanswered for a couple of days. Benefits portion is not as customizable as some other stand-alone benefits admin systems but is more intuitive to set up on our own and far better than any other payroll-based benefits system we've tested.

Hey there, thanks so much for your feedback. We're sorry about the delay in your support emails, we'll work on that. :)

I Replaced 9 Separate Web Services with ONLY Rippling

Pros

Does everything you need... really... Onboarding, Background Checks, Employment/Education Verification, Payroll, PTO, Single Sign-On, Hardware Management, 401(k) through Guideline, Health Insurance, Dental/Vision/LTD/Life Insurance, on and on and on. Service is immediate... while other companies fail at email only service, Rippling nails it... in like 3 minutes usually... way faster and more precise than a phone call. Sometimes the founder even takes care of my requests... no really... the founder. Employees never ask me to train them anymore, it's so slick and easy to use. Really happy.

Cons

The only con is that I can't change an employee's username to their work email... it's always their personal email that they set input when they sign their offer letter... but the more I think about it it doesn't really matter.

Robust and easy to use

Pros

Rippling is very easy to use and has many features that help to get all your administrative work done fast and accurately. I like how managers are also given the capacity to pull their own team reports vs relying on HR to provide them with reporting data.

Cons

Adding new hires into Rippling throughout the year does not automatically add the prorata vacation days into their profile - you need to manually add that data.

Rippling is exactly what you need.

Pros

Clean platform, makes administration generally easy. Puts almost everything in one place.

Cons

I do wish that the application integrations were more than primarily SSO, but instead offered integrated functionality. Also, I wish that the functionality of the integrations worked with any version of the third-party apps, and not just the enterprise versions (for the most part.)