Rippling Reviews

Rippling

The #1 Rated Platform for Payroll, Benefits, HR & IT

4.94/5 (346 reviews)

Pros
  • The reminders are very helpful and I really enjoy the fun photos which are sent when I get paid. Overall it's aesthetically pleasing too.Michelle M.Read the full review
  • Ease of use is the best. The UI and UX is brilliant and the way the software communicates with its user is transcendent in its personable language.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • What I liked most about Rippling was how easy it is to use and navigate. Their UX is excellent and looking up paystubs and other relevant info has been very easy and frictionless for me.Dylan D.Read the full review
Cons
  • Makes me a bit nervous when I have to submit paystubs to anyone as proof of income, and I worry they won't believe me. I felt Gusto's PDFs were way more professional and legit.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • It is very difficult to find a constructive complaint about Rippling. So far, I have not encountered anything that I expect to be in the product that isn't.Bryan L.Read the full review
  • We knew changing payroll companies would be a challenge but it really has been one problem after another.Caroline H.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Scott Gatz (He-Him-His)

Great product, friendly service

Reviewed 2019-12-20

Rippling makes it easy for my employees to get paid, track PTO, do open enrollment for healthcare and it handles all the tax/compliance stuff with ease.

Pros
Rippling's Payroll is seamless and easy and their support in setting everything up (and transferring from my old provider was flawless). We manage our Benefits, PTO, Payroll, Worker's Comp all through their software. For benefits and Worker's Comp, it integrates with third parties seamlessly (our health insurance broker and a Worker's Comp company Rippling works with). But overall, I've appreciated their service above all else - requests are quickly and politely answered (not like my previous provider)

Cons
The reporting features leave a lot to be desired, but I can see them improving as they go. Today's payroll run surfaced a brand new report that wasn't there just two weeks ago, so I'm hopeful this is an area they are devoting more attention to.

Antoinette ONeil

Great Overall Business Product

Reviewed 2020-02-27

Rippling has saved me time and money overall. Combining all HR aspects with payroll, apps, and equipment is the best bundle of services you could ask for, especially when you are dealing with multiple roles and departments.

Pros
Rippling is extremely intuitive and easy to use! They make payroll a breeze each wee and walk you through ever step of the way. They integrate easily into QB and other platforms. The PTO tracking system is quite extensive and allows for easy tracking of employees hours and is very easy for employees to use when requesting time off. Pricing is very competitive and has saved our non-profit a lot of funds when compared to what we were using previously.

Cons
The only con with Rippling is that they do not have a customer service phone line to call, all inquiries are done via email.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Douglas Perrygo

Rippling is a must have

Reviewed 2019-12-31

Overall, very positive. The Rippling team has been very responsive and helpful along our journey. The platform made an immediate and positive impact on payroll, benefits, and onboarding processes. I have evaluated numerous HR/payroll platforms (Gusto, Bamboo HR) and implemented Namely at my last company. Rippling is an improvement over all of them. Rather than trying to offer mediocre functionality across a breadth of items, they are focused on being the best at core features (payroll, onboarding/offboarding, benefits, IT lite, etc.) and then integrate with best-in-class apps for items like performance reviews, expense management,...).

Pros
1) Technology that makes my life better 2) Responsive team/customer service 3) Makes my team happy (because of #1 and #2). The thoughtfulness in workflows helps a lot.

Cons
1) I fear that the cost could very quickly grow -- initial pricing on modules is usually $/employee/month...regardless of how many people actively use the module. The team has been responsive to requests for different pricing schemes. 2) Data visibility (e.g. compensation info) is a bit limited on flexibility. It is either at the admin level (everything) or general user level (limited visibility). I expect this will change over time, but some more intermediate steps would be great (e.g. manager can see comp info, but not SSN, bank info, etc.).

Response from Rippling

Hey Douglas, Thanks so much for your feedback, we're always making improvements, so look out for updates around data visibility.

MARCUS ARKAN

Horrible service and on boarding

Reviewed 2019-11-19

Their system is nothing more than the API hub to other third-party service providers. You're paying to connect to your other services through their interface, which costs additional for each service on a per-person level. There are many more affordable solutions with better interface and customer service. To prove how outdated and horrible their system is, they declined my payment (even though I provided my full account info with their rep on the phone that was chewing on the phone, letting me figure everything out instead of trying to help me). I tried to reach my rep, that he disappeared. Due to the inconsistency and the low-level onboarding, I decided to cancel and not proceed with the service. Right after I canceled the service, they went into my account and started to withdraw money without my consent! I doubt that any of these reviews are legitimate. I have found the same reviews on different channels, basically plagiarized.

Pros
I didn't like anything once I signed up.

Cons
-ZERO Customer Service -Horrible Onboarding for someone who advocates themselves as an onboarding service -Constant upsell for every single thing in the system, even after I selected the everything from their highest level package there is still cost for even a simple API for your email or Salesforce and much more! -User Interface is extremely outdated -Functionality is exaggerated.

Alexandra Shimamoto

So many things in one platform

Reviewed 2020-02-03

Pros
I love the ease of use for onboarding new employees. Being able to provision IT accounts, sign crucial documents, build an employee profile from our ATS and create custom PTO plans per each location we have, is AMAZING! For a one-person department, Rippling has made my life so much easier.

Cons
Two areas in which the product can be improved. A more functional organizational chart (visually speaking) and more functionally in doing static documents like a text function to fill out the forms.

Kelly Zeytoonian

Why did I wait so long to make the switch!?

Reviewed 2020-02-22

Pros
The implementation team was super helpful and gave step by step tasks to complete while providing assistance as needed. The streamlined HR, Payroll, Security features were a huge benefit to my small business.

Cons
I am hopeful that additional features will present themselves so that we can further integrate employee communication, reviews, etc.

Alec Dibble

Rippling Provides Needed HR/IT Integration

Reviewed 2020-01-22

Pros
Every company I have worked for has struggled with integrating HR & IT onboarding and offboarding processes. Typically, companies will have to resort to a spreadsheet of software and services. I really like that Rippling integrates SAML and other utilities like SSH key management. I also really enjoy the HR experience, the Payroll dashboard is really nice. The benefits dashboard is extremely clear and accessible. Overall, I've been really happy with Rippling.

Cons
They are a relatively new company and sometimes the occasional bug pops up, like an app bug I ran into when putting in the two factor code. I haven't run into any showstoppers so far and overall, the positives greatly outweigh the negatives.

Evan Jones

Rippling Saves us Time

Reviewed 2020-02-24

We've been with Rippling since they first launched. Their support is extremely responsive and we've seen a lot of our feature requests implemented into the product. It was already great, but it keeps getting better and better as time goes on.

Pros
Rippling saves us a lot of managerial time. It saves the most time of some of our key executives, which is extremely valuable.

Cons
We don't use some of the IT related features, but everything else we love.

Bryan Landaburu

Enterprise grade benefits management, accessible to startups.

Reviewed 2020-02-04

I was first introduced to Rippling as part of my offer and acceptance to join PeopleGrove. I found the process quite simple. As I went through onboarding, each task was laid out in front of me, making it simple to follow and check off as tasks. Now I am an active user. Rippling gives me access to our org chart, showing reporting structure and contact info for the team. We can use Rippling SSO to access any portal we need access to, easily and securely. I can schedule and manage PTO for me and my team. Payroll, forms, documents, etc. are all at my fingertips. I have worked at bigger companies in the past. Their HR packages were robust but cumbersome and visually meh. Rippling even helps us with device provisioning and decommission, software updates, etc. Rippling has been one of the easiest products to learn how to use and see value in. I have no complaints whatsoever.

Pros
Simple, easy to understand from offer, to onboarding, to managing a team. I have secure access to all of my HR, IT, payroll, and documents and single sign-on to every portal we need to access.

Cons
It is very difficult to find a constructive complaint about Rippling. So far, I have not encountered anything that I expect to be in the product that isn't. They recently rebranded the identity and colors of the company but it has been slow to show up in the app. Perhaps the frequent need to re-login for rPass access could be improved with different session management, but overall, I don't have any complaints.

William Anderson

Rippling - The better payroll/HR software

Reviewed 2019-12-16

I really enjoy Rippling. Their customer experience is great. They have sent a couple of emails to check in but they don't bombard my inbox. I appreciate the consideration because I feel like if I were to need help, I would be able to reach out. I would 10/10 recommend Rippling to anyone who is looking to upgrade their HR/Payroll software.

Pros
I really like the ease of access to rippling. I used a in house software at the large investment bank I used to work at and it was a pain to try to find everything. I could never remember where to find my paystub information and my insurance information. With Rippling, not only do they have it all in one place but it is really simple to use. I have been at my current job for a month and I haven't had to ask anyone how rippling works. Plain and simple, using Rippling is plain and simple.

Cons
I frequently forget my password and it would be nice to not have to reset it every time I forget it. Otherwise, I have no issues so far.

Letha Mills

Modernized Flexible Solutions

Reviewed 2019-10-29

Pros
The smoothness of not only the implementation, but the usability of the program for both admins and employees.

Cons
As Rippling is still relatively new itself, there are some features or capabilities that are unique to our company - such as having multiple entities, banking needs, etc. - that Rippling doesn't quite offer yet- HOWEVER, our account manager and the support team have been receptive and responsive to our needs and are continuing to work on the things we need as we request them, which is great.

Response from Rippling

Thanks for your feedback :) We're constantly working on building new features.

David Bryant

Great integrations save hours, easy to use

Reviewed 2019-10-11

Overall has been very good. Initial set up took minutes for all of our applications and payroll. Really frees up a lot of time managing employees, computers and software licenses for the team.

Pros
Intuitive design, easy to navigate, saves a lot of time managing multiple systems for employees. LOVE the software licensing set up and computer security management. Makes onboarding and terminations much faster and more accurate!

Cons
Occasionally payroll support emails have gone unanswered for a couple of days. Benefits portion is not as customizable as some other stand-alone benefits admin systems but is more intuitive to set up on our own and far better than any other payroll-based benefits system we've tested.

Response from Rippling

Hey there, thanks so much for your feedback. We're sorry about the delay in your support emails, we'll work on that. :)

Mike Stephan

I Replaced 9 Separate Web Services with ONLY Rippling

Reviewed 2019-08-20

Pros
Does everything you need... really... Onboarding, Background Checks, Employment/Education Verification, Payroll, PTO, Single Sign-On, Hardware Management, 401(k) through Guideline, Health Insurance, Dental/Vision/LTD/Life Insurance, on and on and on. Service is immediate... while other companies fail at email only service, Rippling nails it... in like 3 minutes usually... way faster and more precise than a phone call. Sometimes the founder even takes care of my requests... no really... the founder. Employees never ask me to train them anymore, it's so slick and easy to use. Really happy.

Cons
The only con is that I can't change an employee's username to their work email... it's always their personal email that they set input when they sign their offer letter... but the more I think about it it doesn't really matter.

Matt Dodge

Rippling is exactly what you need.

Reviewed 2020-03-23

Pros
Clean platform, makes administration generally easy. Puts almost everything in one place.

Cons
I do wish that the application integrations were more than primarily SSO, but instead offered integrated functionality. Also, I wish that the functionality of the integrations worked with any version of the third-party apps, and not just the enterprise versions (for the most part.)

Nicholas Nunnelee

Rippling for Small Business

Reviewed 2019-09-04

I highly recommend Rippling to any business, especially small businesses. They have the capacity to scale any company's needs. Regarding my small business, it changed my whole HR game. Before it would take me or an employee almost two hours a week to run payroll and administer benefits. Now I do the whole process myself in less than 10 minutes. The new system did take some getting used to, but now I am familiar with process and the value Rippling provides me is incredible.

Pros
The price that Rippling offers is hard to beat, especially considering all the value it offers. I now have direct control over my company's payroll and benefits. Any time I need to change something in this area or run payroll, it only takes me a few minutes. Also Rippling offers me a plethora of tools without shoving them on to me. I can implement it to the degree I need, and if I need more, Rippling has it for me.

Cons
The price of having such direct control over payroll is that any mistakes I make are on me. It took me a bit to learn how to run payroll and administer benefits myself, but once I got it straight, the process has become a breeze. Also, it took me a little while to get used to customer service via email. At first it worried me, but after they dealt with many of my needs in a very timely fashion, I now feel comfortable with the system.

Josh Howes

Rippling is a one stop shop

Reviewed 2019-11-04

Customer service has been the highlight so far. Very prompt service!

Pros
It takes care of all my payroll, insurance, deductions, pto time, onboarding, and offboarding all in one place.

Cons
Nothing really other than just having to go through a rigorous set up and transition process.

Nicole Hagel

Rippling is an incredible business tool

Reviewed 2020-02-24

Rippling is an awesome business tool that helps me stay organized on one central platform.

Pros
Rippling is extremely easy to navigate and includes easy access to things such as benefits, pay stubs and org charts. Another benefit of Rippling is the “To-do” list section. For example, my HR manager will assign me a task which sends me an email and shows up on my Rippling dashboard. It lists the priority of the task, the due date and duties that need to be performed. If I have not checked off a task in a few days it sends me a reminder email. It’s a really great way to stay organized!

Cons
After using Rippling for nearly 6 months within my company I have yet to find anything negative about the platform.

Matilda Lindstrom

Happy to make the switch

Reviewed 2019-09-09

The fast response time has been so appreciated since many of our issues are urgent and I feel that Rippling provide the support that I need.

Pros
It is easy to understand and interact with. All the important apps and documents gets kept in the same spot.

Cons
I do not have any direct cons to the software itself. It was a bit hard transferring every data and information over from our last provider and I wish it had been a bit smoother, that's all.

Anuraag Tripathi

Best Payroll Choice

Reviewed 2019-12-27

Fantastic!

Pros
- Combines IT with HR to help our employees get onboarded - Great document management tools - Quick Support - Easy to use interface

Cons
- The rigid process for a few apps doesn't leave room for customization - Site can be buggy at times, but nothing concerning - Would be nice if they bundled pricing again, it can get expensive with all of the bells and whistles per employee

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Kate Callaway

HR for the Modern Team

Reviewed 2020-02-25

I enjoy using the software. I like chatting with teammates in the "watercooler"

Pros
This software is easy to use and intuitive. It's also clever and smart and I love the little images they've chosen. It's the perfect software for a modern company, bridging the gap between boring old punching in software and an apple-like present day feel.

Cons
I wish the out of office part would show when someone was only out for part of the day, but that is pretty minor.

Lee Zuvanich

Reporting as fraud - zero customer support

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2020-02-26

Rippling took $1000 from me for a 5-person package. When I realized it didn't perform the way they said it would, I asked for a refund. To be specific, they assured me that I could use Rippling in the same way that I use DocuSign. When I tried to upload contracts to send them for signature, the platform wouldn't allow that function. I was going to have to completely re-enter a 15-page contract manually in their online 'editing' box before I could send the document for signature. This wasn't what I was told during my original walk-through, so I requested a refund as that was my main need. When I requested my refund, I received no reply- the person that sold me the package ghosted me, Rippling kept my money and canceled my account. There is no other way to contact their team other than email, and I sent several emails over months before giving up. Going to have to issue a statement about fraud to my bank to try and reverse the charge now.

Pros
Nothing. Never got to actually use it because they de-activated my account and kept my money.

Cons
Their "portal" for documents to be e-signed is like a bad version of google docs- without the ability to import. You literally cannot import a pre-made document. You can paste the content and reformat it- so good luck with anyone transferring from another platform, anyone with pre-existing documents, basically anyone that wants to edit a document outside of their terrible text editor.

Chris Mattingly

Forget ADP, Paychex or Ceridian

Reviewed 2019-11-05

With Rippling, we spend so much less time fixing problems than we used to with the big payroll providers. The system natively and easily integrates with G Suite, Expensify, health insurance, worker's comp, and a variety of other services. This allows us to focus on building the business rather than payroll and HR.

Pros
This is, by far, the easiest and most intuitive payroll and HR software that I've used. Doing the initial setup took a mere 3 hours compared to literally months of setup time for ADP Workforce Now or Ceridian Dayforce HCM. Rippling does what they say they're going to do and they seem to do it very well. Direct deposits have been making it successfully into accounts so far!!!

Cons
I'm not a big fan of team-based email support, but that's pretty much the only option they provide. While I don't feel they're leading me astray, I also don't feel like they intimately know the needs of my company. I'm also a little concerned about the longevity of a company that is probably running off of venture capital, but it is a risk I am very willing to take to not have the frustration of one of the big payroll companies, who have software that is difficult to use and often screwed up payroll runs.

Stuart Sundem

Great all in one company admin portal

Reviewed 2020-01-03

As stated previously. The all in one location of all my company and employment information is great.

Pros
It has everything in one place. All my personal information/benefits/payroll, etc. On top of that it has a very easy company directory that is actionable for texts and phone calls. The software is also very simple to operate, very clean interface with simple to understand language and icons.

Cons
I have not found any items I have not enjoyed using so far.

Tracilyn Babington

Smoothest replacement for HR ever

Reviewed 2020-03-13

Benefits departments can be trimmed to the barest bone with a functional and useful HR tool like Rippling.

Pros
I recently got married and had to update my tax filing status and a few other personal tidbits. With Rippling, it took less than 5 minutes to get everything figured out; what is more impressive was that the program also included helpful hyperlinks such as the IRS tax estimator that I didn't think to use beforehand since this is my first marriage. My spouse, on the other hand, couldn't update anything without scheduling a "special meeting" with HR/benefits--who happen to sit right behind her since she also works in HR on the recruiting side. She works for an extremely large company, and the processes that clunk up her day for minute updates such as this are extreme, in my opinion. I jokingly told her that she should refer Rippling to her HR department.

Cons
There's honestly little I would change. The platform is customizable for users to an extent. Don't want to have you pay stubs emailed to you? You can update that. As a user, I don't have any complaints.

Caroline Hottle

Buyer Beware! Empty promises and no support

Reviewed 2019-12-13

It has been terrible. Our implementation manager was pretty good but since then the support team is non-responsive (most requests take 48 hours to hear back) and the help center on the site is terrible. There are additional features you can turn on like custom fields but there is no training on how to do this and unless you know what you are looking for, you would never know where to find it.

Pros
Leaving Paychex we were really excited at the prospect of being able to have payroll, HR and benefits all in one place. In all of the demos we did, Rippling seemed slick and we loved all of the "add-on" possibilities.

Cons
We knew changing payroll companies would be a challenge but it really has been one problem after another! We have a mixture of 1099 and W2 employees which they told us they could do but it has been a payroll nightmare! All of the "add-ons" that we saw in the demo are not native to Rippling, they are partners that you can subscribe to and feed into Rippling. They typically only sync names.