All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Rippling Reviews

Pros

Onboarding is very important to me when trying to hire top talent. Offering a seamless onboarding experience is a a sign that we are truly invested in your well being.

Jake C.

Read the full review
Ease of use is the best aspect of this application. The quick tabs and the ability to find what you need is perfect.

Theddeus S.

Read the full review
Benefits are super easy administration of benefits and back office HR tasks. I mainly use it to review paychecks, which again, is a super easy process.

Carey M.

Read the full review

Cons

Rippling did not file my quarterly taxes and failed to pay federal taxes on payroll for a few staffers. I have been financially penalized by the government.

Megan S.

Read the full review
It is very difficult to find a constructive complaint about Rippling. So far, I have not encountered anything that I expect to be in the product that isn't.

Bryan L.

Read the full review
We knew changing payroll companies would be a challenge but it really has been one problem after another.

Caroline H.

Rippling is Magical

Ease of use is 10/10

Great product, friendly service

Rippling makes it easy for my employees to get paid, track PTO, do open enrollment for healthcare and it handles all the tax/compliance stuff with ease.

Pros

Rippling's Payroll is seamless and easy and their support in setting everything up (and transferring from my old provider was flawless). We manage our Benefits, PTO, Payroll, Worker's Comp all through their software. For benefits and Worker's Comp, it integrates with third parties seamlessly (our health insurance broker and a Worker's Comp company Rippling works with). But overall, I've appreciated their service above all else - requests are quickly and politely answered (not like my previous provider)

Cons

The reporting features leave a lot to be desired, but I can see them improving as they go. Today's payroll run surfaced a brand new report that wasn't there just two weeks ago, so I'm hopeful this is an area they are devoting more attention to.

Brock McKinley's Review for Epipheo

Now we are connecting up a bunch of programs together to make my workflow easier. Ripping is putting my HR, payroll, benefits and onboarding all into one place and makes my job that much better. I don't have to go to one program to send docs to an employee and then another to set up an email for a new employee and then to another to check an employee's benefit elections. Putting together all these things in one easy to navigate and understand platform is going to blow the competition away.

Pros

The easy of use! It just makes sense! Coming from Paycor, which is a convoluted mess, Rippling is a breath of fresh air. Easy to find what you are looking for and get things done. I'm no longer wasting time trying to figure out how to do something.

Cons

Only little things that could be improved. For the most part this in in regard to organizing things. Would be great to be able to change the order of apps in the side panels. Also would like to be able to duplicate templates in order to make slight changes. Also sometimes navigating the Custom Fields grid for employees can be hard to see what you are doing because it only shows the field title and not the section you are in. So maybe lines dividing sections or at least the section titles at the top could help with viewing and navigating.

Rippling does one thing well - sell subscriptions! And they will LIE about ANYTHING to hook you!

One of the worst experiences ever. Don't waste your time and money.

Pros

From a user standpoint it is pretty simple to figure out.

Cons

First of all, implementation is you wasting 2 grand, because your own staff will have to spend their time figuring out how to implement the company. A couple of 15-min zoom meetings and email exchanges linking us to videos were all the help we got. They wouldn't even help with pretax/posttax set up questions! When we complained, they called it 'client driven'. I've personally been through multiple...

Rippling Software Review

It has been great. The amount of HR and payroll time I have to spend on a daily basis is dramatically decreased. Employees are also very much in control of all their own data and feedback has been very positive

Pros

The design of the software makes sense. Coming from other payroll software Rippling has a central platform where you can then jump off into any app that you need, from payroll, to time off, to onboarding. All the programs work seamlessly together and are designed to make sense to users of all technical skill levels.

Cons

We had some issues with migration from the prior software, but this has more to do with the prior softwares issues than Rippling.

Rippling Makes life Easier!

Overall we have had an extremely positive experience with Rippling. They have grown and added great features over time and they have made my job much easier.

Pros

I love that it combines IT and HR into one portal. As a fast growth company, Rippling as made rapid growth and hiring possible because of the ways it has streamlined onboarding. As an HR professional I cannot tell you the many ways Rippling has benefited me!!

Cons

They recently added a chat feature which has helped with support but over the last year support has been the trickiest part. I have seen major improvements over the last 2 months. Additionally, I would like more abilities to streamline what managers can see, reporting, and org chart capabilities.

Best decision I made all year!

My goal when looking for a HR software was to find something that would integrate our multiple systems (Deputy, Payroll, benefits, etc.) and save time by streamlining processes as well as having an organized place for these systems to integrate together. Integration was a breeze as well as using the system day-to-day. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

Pros

Once the software is implemented maintenance is a BREEZE! Executing onboarding, payroll, benefits, any changes to employee profiles, etc. take moments instead of minutes or hours. Rippling sends out emails that are relevant and helpful (eg. policy changes) I also appreciate that Rippling continues to improve and add to their available apps for integration and services they provide within the platform.

Cons

Rippling has a great help center with step-by-step instructions of how to do everything on the platform as well as a chat feature with helpful people available. I wish there was a number where I could call someone easily. Even though there are instructions that are available and really well executed, there are times where I'm in a pinch and don't have the time to look through the resources and during those times I wish there was a number available to talk to a person for a brief phone call.

Rippling Is a Life Saver

Everything about Rippling has exceeded our expectations. From the software, to the people we deal with, moving to Rippling has proven to be one of the best choices we've made as a company. We also appreciate that they are always moving forward with additions and improvements. This company is truly innovative and the best option out there today!

Pros

I liked how easy it was to get setup, get all of our employees into the system and using it regularly, and how easy it is to manage most of our HR data.

Cons

The PTO app could use some work, but the support team is working on improvements. It works well but some of our employees are a bit confused by the app sometimes.

Rippling for a Startup

I mainly use the platform for insurance questions and payroll tracking. There are a handful of other features that may be more useful in a larger organization, but for what I typically need, Rippling's features are great.

Pros

As an employee of a startup, I really value the ease of use and self-service nature of Rippling. I'm able to find the answer to the majority of my questions easily on the platform, without bugging HR, whether its related to insurance, payroll etc.

Cons

I don't recall our onboarding or training on the platform being very in depth, so while Rippling is very easy to figure out, it would have been helpful to have a training session to get up to speed.

Rippling in my day by day

Pros

I like that is easy to interect with all the features I need. looking for someone or updating administrative information could be nonsense sometimes, because you could spend there yuor wholeday and Rippling gives it to you instantly.

Cons

Sometimes I cannot see bank account details where I would like to see them, but I think its better to download a report of that sensitive information. because its safer.

Great replacement to our Paychex system

I have used it so far for managing time off requests, benefits enrollment, and paycheck tracking. They even send a fun message to notify you that you got paid vs some boring verbiage or nothing at all. Everything is easy to use. For example, benefits sign up was a breeze--with almost everything we needed attached in just the right spot. I think that is probably the most complex thing we use it for as employees and everything else I have used works just as well.

Pros

As an employee, this is so much easier to use than anything I have used online in my career -- and I'm just a few years from retirement.

Cons

In the employee role as a user, I have not yet run into anything in Rippling that I do not like. : )

I am excited to implement Rippling !

From the demo through implementation, our Rippling experience has been top notch so far. The team is very responsive and the system is extremely user friendly and customizable. I would highly recommend this to small HR teams looking to streamline processes.

Pros

Rippling has been a great solution for us as a small company without an IT department. We are able to streamline our on-boarding and off-boarding processes, making it easy to order equipment and remotely update software on our employees' computers. Our employees love the easy app based user interface, making it easy to download paystubs, update personal information, enroll in benefits, and submit FSA receipts all in one platform!

Cons

The only con I have run into so far is the lack of phone support for administrators. With that being said, the team has been very responsive via email!

Unique vision, powerful platform, excellent service

We were looking for a one stop shop to manage employee lifecycle (onboarding, management, offboarding) without having to have dedicated IT resources or disrupt our valuable engineers to carry out basic tasks like account provisioning and laptop configuration. While most HR platforms handle the basics of payroll and benefits, Rippling was unique in its approach to solving the IT side of the equation without having to build custom workflows or write a whole lot of scripts. Overall, Rippling delivers on their vision and is backed by a great team of onboarding and success managers to ensure that everything runs smoothly and our employees are taken care of.

Pros

Rippling was intuitive and easy to get up and running. Setup was self guided with helpful information to ensure that we maintain compliance with federal and state regulations. The initial load of employee data took little to no time and other than a couple of employees who struggled to upload their photos, I didn't have to assist anyone in setting up their profile, completing necessary documents,...

Cons

The overall application navigation was a little clumsy when we were first onboarded, lacking a breadcrumb menu experience that meant you had to return to the home screen to move between areas of the platform. That said, Rippling was highly responsive to feedback, and over the subsequent weeks rolled out revisions to their overall user experience that represent a significant improvement in moving between...

Rippling is fantastic! Best software product I’ve used in years

Fantastic. Everything from the implementation to our daily use, this has been one of the best product purchases I’ve ever made. Plus, my boss ([SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] ) absolutely loves Rippling and has even talked about it at our board meeting! Good stuff all around and I have recommended it to at least a dozen colleagues in my local market.

Pros

The automations, integrations, and ease of use are second to none. Important tasks (i.e. onboarding a new employee) used to take me an hour and a half to complete with our prior vendor (due to disconnected workflows, confusing product layout, etc) and it now takes me less than 10 min with Rippling. Transformational.

Cons

The only con i can point to is not being able to just call into a customer support number for important issues (to speak to a live person), but the support email is monitored regularly, so it definitely makes up for any negatives. They also recently instituted a Pod system to support issues and it has been a great experience. It also appears they have recently hired account managers, which tells me they continue to scale the organization and add the appropriate team members for additional support. Good stuff all around.

Best HR Tool I've Used

My overall experience with Rippling is really positive. I honestly can't recommend this product enough (and I do recommend it often!). I have been burned by many HR and Payroll systems in the past. I didn't think a simple, easy-to-use product existed but here we are. Thank you, Rippling!

Pros

The software is really easy to use for both our administrators and employees and the user interface is beautiful. It was relatively painless to implement and integrate into our business. It's a really smart system – based on past experience with other systems, I was skeptical that Rippling could really handle everything that was promised to us in our sales demos but it has fully met my expectations!...

Cons

There really aren't any cons; however, if I had to say what I liked the least, it would be not having a direct phone number to call for immediate help. With that said, their online support team is super responsive and our dedicated CSM is willing to schedule calls with us if needed.

Great Overall Business Product

Rippling has saved me time and money overall. Combining all HR aspects with payroll, apps, and equipment is the best bundle of services you could ask for, especially when you are dealing with multiple roles and departments.

Pros

Rippling is extremely intuitive and easy to use! They make payroll a breeze each wee and walk you through ever step of the way. They integrate easily into QB and other platforms. The PTO tracking system is quite extensive and allows for easy tracking of employees hours and is very easy for employees to use when requesting time off. Pricing is very competitive and has saved our non-profit a lot of funds when compared to what we were using previously.

Cons

The only con with Rippling is that they do not have a customer service phone line to call, all inquiries are done via email.

Rippling is a must have

Overall, very positive. The Rippling team has been very responsive and helpful along our journey. The platform made an immediate and positive impact on payroll, benefits, and onboarding processes. I have evaluated numerous HR/payroll platforms (Gusto, Bamboo HR) and implemented Namely at my last company. Rippling is an improvement over all of them. Rather than trying to offer mediocre functionality across a breadth of items, they are focused on being the best at core features (payroll, onboarding/offboarding, benefits, IT lite, etc.) and then integrate with best-in-class apps for items like performance reviews, expense management,...).

Pros

1) Technology that makes my life better 2) Responsive team/customer service 3) Makes my team happy (because of #1 and #2). The thoughtfulness in workflows helps a lot.

Cons

1) I fear that the cost could very quickly grow -- initial pricing on modules is usually $/employee/month...regardless of how many people actively use the module. The team has been responsive to requests for different pricing schemes. 2) Data visibility (e.g. compensation info) is a bit limited on flexibility. It is either at the admin level (everything) or general user level (limited visibility). I expect this will change over time, but some more intermediate steps would be great (e.g. manager can see comp info, but not SSN, bank info, etc.).

Hey Douglas, Thanks so much for your feedback, we're always making improvements, so look out for updates around data visibility.

Modernized Flexible Solutions

Pros

The smoothness of not only the implementation, but the usability of the program for both admins and employees.

Cons

As Rippling is still relatively new itself, there are some features or capabilities that are unique to our company - such as having multiple entities, banking needs, etc. - that Rippling doesn't quite offer yet- HOWEVER, our account manager and the support team have been receptive and responsive to our needs and are continuing to work on the things we need as we request them, which is great.

Thanks for your feedback :) We're constantly working on building new features.

Great integrations save hours, easy to use

Overall has been very good. Initial set up took minutes for all of our applications and payroll. Really frees up a lot of time managing employees, computers and software licenses for the team.

Pros

Intuitive design, easy to navigate, saves a lot of time managing multiple systems for employees. LOVE the software licensing set up and computer security management. Makes onboarding and terminations much faster and more accurate!

Cons

Occasionally payroll support emails have gone unanswered for a couple of days. Benefits portion is not as customizable as some other stand-alone benefits admin systems but is more intuitive to set up on our own and far better than any other payroll-based benefits system we've tested.

Hey there, thanks so much for your feedback. We're sorry about the delay in your support emails, we'll work on that. :)

I Replaced 9 Separate Web Services with ONLY Rippling

Pros

Does everything you need... really... Onboarding, Background Checks, Employment/Education Verification, Payroll, PTO, Single Sign-On, Hardware Management, 401(k) through Guideline, Health Insurance, Dental/Vision/LTD/Life Insurance, on and on and on. Service is immediate... while other companies fail at email only service, Rippling nails it... in like 3 minutes usually... way faster and more precise than a phone call. Sometimes the founder even takes care of my requests... no really... the founder. Employees never ask me to train them anymore, it's so slick and easy to use. Really happy.

Cons

The only con is that I can't change an employee's username to their work email... it's always their personal email that they set input when they sign their offer letter... but the more I think about it it doesn't really matter.

Rippling is exactly what you need.

Pros

Clean platform, makes administration generally easy. Puts almost everything in one place.

Cons

I do wish that the application integrations were more than primarily SSO, but instead offered integrated functionality. Also, I wish that the functionality of the integrations worked with any version of the third-party apps, and not just the enterprise versions (for the most part.)

Rippling for Small Business

I highly recommend Rippling to any business, especially small businesses. They have the capacity to scale any company's needs. Regarding my small business, it changed my whole HR game. Before it would take me or an employee almost two hours a week to run payroll and administer benefits. Now I do the whole process myself in less than 10 minutes. The new system did take some getting used to, but now I am familiar with process and the value Rippling provides me is incredible.

Pros

The price that Rippling offers is hard to beat, especially considering all the value it offers. I now have direct control over my company's payroll and benefits. Any time I need to change something in this area or run payroll, it only takes me a few minutes. Also Rippling offers me a plethora of tools without shoving them on to me. I can implement it to the degree I need, and if I need more, Rippling has it for me.

Cons

The price of having such direct control over payroll is that any mistakes I make are on me. It took me a bit to learn how to run payroll and administer benefits myself, but once I got it straight, the process has become a breeze. Also, it took me a little while to get used to customer service via email. At first it worried me, but after they dealt with many of my needs in a very timely fashion, I now feel comfortable with the system.

Best Payroll Service

Pros

Integrations. Rippling will integrated with the most important 3rd parties to make the HR of your company simple. The integration with benefit providers make this worth every penny. The set up and implementation of the benefits is too easy. I recently set up medical insurance and it was too easy.

Cons

If you want customer support you have to look at a help center/ forum instead of calling a live person. I haven't really needed to use it, but normally it is frustrating when I want to get something resolved quickly and I can't talk to anyone. With that being said, anytime I haven't been able to figure something out or needed support, I have emailed my rep that helped me set up my system and he was quick to respond and help me get what I needed.

A future forward HRIS

It has allowed us to set up 4 companies in one system, connect all the teams but directly integrate with so many applications we are using elsewhere.

Pros

I love that this system makes for the most seamless onboarding experience both for the employee and the human resources team. It allows for so many different components that were limiting in other systems (multi-company org chart in one place,360 integration with so many apps without an additional cost, multiple tiers of permissions and policies per employee level)

Cons

I wish that it allowed for employees t fill out a form without having to print and upload. This is the only thing I haven't liked so far.

Versatility for HR, Benefits, Payroll and more

We came off of a PEO into this platform. It took us some time to get things running smoothly, but now it has really streamlined on- and off-boarding, employee benefits and payroll.

Pros

Rippling interfaces with hundreds of companies which allows the flexibility to use the resources you need. We were able to work with our own benefit broker, 401(k) provider, time keeping, and more. Their interface has allowed us to connect products as SSO, even those that don't necessarily connect with Rippling. They have worked very closely with us to get things right and I appreciate that our feedback is listened to and acted upon.

Cons

Our payroll is very complicated. It took us several runs to get the bugs worked out and we still have to do some things manually, though we are changing timekeeping vendors which will help tremendously. Also, in the beginning we didn't have a dedicated account manager so we had to work with different people after implementation. That had since been rectified.

Love Rippling!

We have integrated many of our systems together and continue to work with Rippling to get them all integrated. Rippling is a great long-term partner. They are very responsive and work hard to eliminate all barriers and get the "wish list" items implemented. The Support folks at Rippling are amazing to work with and are very timely and detailed with their responses.

Pros

This IT based payroll system is amazing! We are now paying our folks weekly - our restaurant team members LOVE this! The folks at Rippling want to integrate with as many groups as possible and don't nickel and dime you about the integration. They learn how to integrate, set a time table to make it happen and keep you posted on the progress along the way. The reporting in Rippling is amazing!

Cons

There are a few things that are missing; they don't have a true rehire process (you can rehire folks, easily, but it creates a second/third profile for the person - this leads to other potential issues/concerns), they do not have a mechanism for logging folks on "leave of absence".

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.