Rippling Logo

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

workforcenow
bamboohr

We also appreciate that they are always moving forward with additions and improvements. This company is truly innovative and the best option out there today.
I love that Rippling makes payroll fun, with easy to use features to download documents, see paystubs, and fun design quirks that always bring a smile to my face.
Great product at a great value. Our transition from our previous product was seamless and changes are easy to make within program.
Rippling did not file my quarterly taxes and failed to pay federal taxes on payroll for a few staffers. I have been financially penalized by the government.
At this moment there are no aspects of this software that I dislike.
I have since transitioned to a new payroll provider that has had zero issue doing both those things correctly. Yet, I'm still being charged for Rippling despite them not doing their job correctly.

3,049 reviews

Shawn M.

Owner - Managing Broker

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Rippling Review: Phenomenal Technology, Lacking Support!

Transcript

Shawn M.: Hello, my name is Shawn. I'm the owner and managing broker of X2 Mortgage. We focus primarily...

Misty Marie W.

Human Resources Manager

Entertainment, 51-200 employees

Rippling is Magical

Transcript

Misty: Hi, my name is Misty. I'm the HR manager at a university, and I give Rippling a five out of five....

Scott G.

Publishing, 11-50 employees

Great product, friendly service

Rippling makes it easy for my employees to get paid, track PTO, do open enrollment for healthcare and it handles all the tax/compliance stuff with ease.

Pros

Rippling's Payroll is seamless and easy and their support in setting everything up (and transferring from my old provider was flawless). We manage our Benefits, PTO, Payroll, Worker's Comp all through their software. For benefits and Worker's Comp, it integrates with third parties seamlessly (our health insurance broker and a Worker's Comp company Rippling works with). But overall, I've appreciated their service above all else - requests are quickly and politely answered (not like my previous provider)

Cons

The reporting features leave a lot to be desired, but I can see them improving as they go. Today's payroll run surfaced a brand new report that wasn't there just two weeks ago, so I'm hopeful this is an area they are devoting more attention to.

Chris S.

Computer & Network Security, 1-10 employees

Great step up from Quickbooks Online Payroll

It makes it easier to hire employees, run payroll on time everytime, deal with the payroll taxes and fillings, and do basic management of employee laptops.

Pros

We purchased this after getting frustrated with Intuit's online payroll and there being errors and the customer service being useless. In comparison the customer service at Rippling has been amazing, the onboarding was smooth - I was assigned a dedicated onboarding rep who met on Zoom with me to custom-tune the software to my needs. I love that this makes onboarding easy with workflows - collecting t-shirt size, upload profile photo, eSign contracts and training, etc. All the stuff a large company would do for under $2000 per year for a company of 10 people. It is a great value. Also the MDM of company laptops is great.

Cons

No MDM for mobile phones and Windows clients can be buggy, no Okta SSO integration, and support can take a day or two to get back to you sometimes. Honestly not many cons; the software is great for the price.

KF

Kristen F.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Stay far away.

From the sales process to leaving Rippling every step of the way was filled with poor service. In addition to the above, an employee's benefits were cut off without prior approval, wage reports filed incorrectly and offshore customer service was contradictory, unaccountable and untrained. When I finally received service on the second level, I was subjected to more sales pitches, my favorite was the PEO person telling me that employees really couldn't reach the HR folks any way but email because, you know, this is a software company. Yep. One that shouldn't be in the payroll and HR business. I have never had such a bad experience running payroll with any company, and this is something I have been doing for my company and client companies for over 25 years.

Pros

I liked leaving Rippling the most. I've used Paycom, ADP, QuickBooks payroll, none of whom are known to be easy and I would recommend all of them over this software. I did appreciate the email reminders for payroll, but that was it.

Cons

Onboarding. I was treated like a fool who didn't know what a payroll period ending date vs a check date was. The constant pop ups on login. The confusing user interface and poor reports. The horrible customer service.

bk

bridgette k.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Rippling shreds the competition

Pros

What I like most about Rippling is the app is user friendly. In addition to having an Ipad login device in the office, each person can also download the app and sign in on his own phone. The app has not giving us any problems so far. Time and attendance is easily recorded and one can also make schedule changes and request PTO in the app.

Cons

I have no complaints about the app so far. It has been a great resource.

YQ

Yuliana Q.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Excellent tool that will grow with you!

We have been working with Rippling for about 3 months now and it has been a positive experience. They are hands-on with the implementation and also train you on the product as they guide you through the process. We have run our first payroll and everything went very smoothly!

Pros

This tool is super user friendly and the implementation guidance for the admin staff to set-up the product is amazing! They walk you through everything and make sure you know exactly where you can find the answers to your questions.

Cons

I wish there was more support for small teams around state tax registration, while registering for state tax numbers is not super complicated, it is time consuming. Rippling offers this help through an additional package at an added cost. It is not included in the Payroll administration package.

FM

Fernando M.

Venture Capital & Private Equity, 51-200 employees

Best all-in-one HR and Payroll software

Terrific experience. It was easy to implement and scale. I would recommend Rippling to any company with over 20 employees to centralize all the information required to run an HR department and make payroll.

Pros

It is an easy way to manage both W2 employees and 1099 contractors. You can keep track of their hours, make payments, share benefits with employees, have all the required HR documentation for compliance. Its interface is also fantastic for both administrators and users.

Cons

If the main administrator is not available, there is no way to approve any changes in the 401k roll over process and Rippling cannot help a lot with this.

RT

Randall T.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Rippling actually works to make our HR Department better

Saves a ton of time and keeps everything I need in one location. [I still save all docs in an offsite location as well.] I use Rippling daily for payroll, onboarding and off-boarding, insurance, payroll tax, I-9, answering employee questions, paystub and time card repository, employee handbook... and more. excellent resource.

Pros

Excellent integration with other apps. Easy and intuitive. Allows me to manage HR for 77 employees as a part time, remote, single person HR Dept. The absolute best product I've found in the last decade that allows me to do this for multiple clients as a highly rated Fractional HR Manager by employees, staff, and C-Suite Execs. Makes all of their lives easier and removes the stress of having all data available and secure.

Cons

Although live and ticket support is exceptional, chat support could use a little more AI assist. The AI in Chat doesn't always get me where I need to go and I find that I need to escalate to ticket or live support ~70% of the time.

Anj R.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Rippling makes running payroll and managing our remote workforce easy

Time spent managing payroll and HR related functions has been significantly reduced so this gives us more time to focus on growing the business.

Pros

The product is easy and intuitive. And the fact that support is readily available, responsive and knowledgeable solves the problem that made me switch over to Rippling in the first place!

Cons

The time for upfront setup was quite long and drawn out which was a bit frustrating. Some of the reporting around how payroll tax credits are implemented is hidden so I really don't know what's going on there and how those are being applied.

LC

Lettie C.

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Always growing and upgrading services

Even with the billing inconveniences, I would still recommend Rippling - it's the best HRIS system I have worked with to this point.

Pros

Rippling is an all in one HRIS platform that is very user friendly and very customizable. I have enjoyed working with Rippling and would defiantly recommend it to other companies.

Cons

I've struggled with the way Rippling handles billing. Our finance department has a hard time weeding through the way the billing happens.

MH

Mike H.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Best in Class

We recommend and use a lot of software products, and in my opinion, Rippling has risen in to the top of all our software vendors.

Pros

I had used another product that was below average. I had researched and recommended Rippling to a client a year ago, and decided to use it for our company. The Rippling reviews were great, which set a high bar, and Rippling exceeded it. The conversion was thorough and easy to follow-up. My assigned PM was exceptional. Once the set-up was complete, employee onboarding and Payroll processing were simple. I'm now less worried about compliance.

Cons

Their timesheet tool is a little pricey, but other than that, I can't think of a single thing.

DP

Douglas P.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Rippling is a must have

Overall, very positive. The Rippling team has been very responsive and helpful along our journey. The platform made an immediate and positive impact on payroll, benefits, and onboarding processes. I have evaluated numerous HR/payroll platforms (Gusto, Bamboo HR) and implemented Namely at my last company. Rippling is an improvement over all of them. Rather than trying to offer mediocre functionality across a breadth of items, they are focused on being the best at core features (payroll, onboarding/offboarding, benefits, IT lite, etc.) and then integrate with best-in-class apps for items like performance reviews, expense management,...).

Pros

1) Technology that makes my life better 2) Responsive team/customer service 3) Makes my team happy (because of #1 and #2). The thoughtfulness in workflows helps a lot.

Cons

1) I fear that the cost could very quickly grow -- initial pricing on modules is usually $/employee/month...regardless of how many people actively use the module. The team has been responsive to requests for different pricing schemes. 2) Data visibility (e.g. compensation info) is a bit limited on flexibility. It is either at the admin level (everything) or general user level (limited visibility). I expect this will change over time, but some more intermediate steps would be great (e.g. manager can see comp info, but not SSN, bank info, etc.).

Hey Douglas, Thanks so much for your feedback, we're always making improvements, so look out for updates around data visibility.

LB

Lindsey B.

Automotive, 51-200 employees

Best HR Tool I've Used

My overall experience with Rippling is really positive. I honestly can't recommend this product enough (and I do recommend it often!). I have been burned by many HR and Payroll systems in the past. I didn't think a simple, easy-to-use product existed but here we are. Thank you, Rippling!

Pros

The software is really easy to use for both our administrators and employees and the user interface is beautiful. It was relatively painless to implement and integrate into our business. It's a really smart system – based on past experience with other systems, I was skeptical that Rippling could really handle everything that was promised to us in our sales demos but it has fully met my expectations!...

Cons

There really aren't any cons; however, if I had to say what I liked the least, it would be not having a direct phone number to call for immediate help. With that said, their online support team is super responsive and our dedicated CSM is willing to schedule calls with us if needed.

RD

Ryan D.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Unique vision, powerful platform, excellent service

We were looking for a one stop shop to manage employee lifecycle (onboarding, management, offboarding) without having to have dedicated IT resources or disrupt our valuable engineers to carry out basic tasks like account provisioning and laptop configuration. While most HR platforms handle the basics of payroll and benefits, Rippling was unique in its approach to solving the IT side of the equation without having to build custom workflows or write a whole lot of scripts. Overall, Rippling delivers on their vision and is backed by a great team of onboarding and success managers to ensure that everything runs smoothly and our employees are taken care of.

Pros

Rippling was intuitive and easy to get up and running. Setup was self guided with helpful information to ensure that we maintain compliance with federal and state regulations. The initial load of employee data took little to no time and other than a couple of employees who struggled to upload their photos, I didn't have to assist anyone in setting up their profile, completing necessary documents,...

Cons

The overall application navigation was a little clumsy when we were first onboarded, lacking a breadcrumb menu experience that meant you had to return to the home screen to move between areas of the platform. That said, Rippling was highly responsive to feedback, and over the subsequent weeks rolled out revisions to their overall user experience that represent a significant improvement in moving between...

SK

Sherine K.

Pharmaceuticals, 11-50 employees

Automates HR & Great for Department of 1

I have been able to centralize the company's structure through HR, not IT. That is the most major difference.

Pros

The organization of HR by Title, Level, Department, or Team makes you think through your structure strategically to then define who should have access to what. From there, you have the ability to manage multiple software integrations that are essential for employee management, onboarding, and feel confident that access has been removed at the time of termination.

Cons

I would like to have more control in customizing the Employee Home to function more heavily as an Intranet. I like the simplicity of it though. I would like to have Employee Relations added in Rippling - case management. Documentation of performance, PIP's, emails, reports from managers, complaints from employees, investigations, workflows and processes. If this could be attached to the employee profile, along with Performance Evaluations, that would round out the package.

Shayla B.

Internet, 1,001-5,000 employees

Time is saved by having all HR data in one place

It is simple to keep track of your time in and time out, as well as your lunch and rest periods and overtime, when you use rippling. Vacation requests can be made with ease, as can checking the available balance. This is a fantastic method of tracking such data if you are responsible for a large number of employees. The active benefits to employees are also plain to notice.

Pros

Leave off, vacation, sick time, and working from home are all tracked in Rippling. Our insurance details, pay stubs, and company structure are all readily available through Rippling. It's convenient to have everything in one spot rather than constantly bug HR.

Cons

The user interface is boring. The dashboard should provide easy access to frequently used software like time tracking. Despite my objections, I am frequently required to use a two-factor authentication process.

HG

Haley G.

Political Organization, 51-200 employees

Overall Review of Rippling

Overall our experience has been very positive and we have a lot of love for Rippling as a system. It is by no means perfect, but it has been very good to us! My advice, should you choose Rippling, would be to take your time, plan ahead, and lean on their team to support you through the process.

Pros

The full-service payroll is leagues above anything else I’ve used. It is intuitive, user-friendly, and customizable. Rippling is also a great support for maintaining compliance with pay and taxes, which is helpful when you have limited staff. For reference, I have used Paychex, ADP, and Gusto. The ease of use for employees is really great. Our staff were a little hard to get on the Rippling train,...

Cons

Regional insurance providers aren’t always supported in the Benefits Administration application. We have a regional provider with some unique waiting periods and, unfortunately, Rippling cannot support that at this time. What this means is that we handle our healthcare insurance manually, which is a real pain. With innovation comes lots of changes and they are sometimes hard to keep up with. Rippling...

LK

Liz K.

Wholesale, 51-200 employees

Rippling does one thing well - sell subscriptions! And they will LIE about ANYTHING to hook you!

One of the worst experiences ever. Don't waste your time and money.

Pros

From a user standpoint it is pretty simple to figure out.

Cons

First of all, implementation is you wasting 2 grand, because your own staff will have to spend their time figuring out how to implement the company. A couple of 15-min zoom meetings and email exchanges linking us to videos were all the help we got. They wouldn't even help with pretax/posttax set up questions! When we complained, they called it 'client driven'. I've personally been through multiple...

JM

John M.

Events Services, 1-10 employees

Rippling is great for small to mid-size businesses

My payroll administration is now streamlined and I can keep track of expense reimbursements much more easily. Rippling also "talks to" my retirement plan administrator so that process is automated.

Pros

The integration was very easy, the set up is simple to maintain, the reports are just what is needed.

Cons

As much as I like the chat and help functions, sometimes getting a person on the phone is needed. Currently going through the chat to get to a live person can be frustrating.

Jessica D.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

It allows me to facilitate the process of hiring tasks

Everything has a place, and I can quickly locate the information I need. The signup process is straightforward and practical. It's a fantastic tool for keeping everyone on the same page, from workers to supervisors.

Pros

The streamlined instructions for new recruit tasks were really helpful. I also like being able to access all of my company's data from a one app. Because of ripple, I was able to immediately begin new hire tasks, take care of my benefits, and handle all other aspects of the new hiring procedures.

Cons

Absolutely nothing about this is counterproductive. The system's user interface and functionality meet my needs, so that's good. However, the structure of this review is not something I enjoy. Make a check box survey out of it. I don't have answers to several of the inquiries, such as which product version and options the company currently uses.

NN

Nicholas N.

Translation and Localization, 1-10 employees

Rippling for Small Business

I highly recommend Rippling to any business, especially small businesses. They have the capacity to scale any company's needs. Regarding my small business, it changed my whole HR game. Before it would take me or an employee almost two hours a week to run payroll and administer benefits. Now I do the whole process myself in less than 10 minutes. The new system did take some getting used to, but now I am familiar with process and the value Rippling provides me is incredible.

Pros

The price that Rippling offers is hard to beat, especially considering all the value it offers. I now have direct control over my company's payroll and benefits. Any time I need to change something in this area or run payroll, it only takes me a few minutes. Also Rippling offers me a plethora of tools without shoving them on to me. I can implement it to the degree I need, and if I need more, Rippling has it for me.

Cons

The price of having such direct control over payroll is that any mistakes I make are on me. It took me a bit to learn how to run payroll and administer benefits myself, but once I got it straight, the process has become a breeze. Also, it took me a little while to get used to customer service via email. At first it worried me, but after they dealt with many of my needs in a very timely fashion, I now feel comfortable with the system.

TB

Tiffany B.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

All The Important Pieces Simplified

Pros

This website is a game-changer for businesses of all sizes. It offers excellent payroll features, HR features, and time tracking, all in one place.The payroll features on Rippling are top-notch. It's easy to set up and manage payroll for your entire team. You can automate your payroll and even integrate your benefits programs. You can also access paystubs and tax documents online, making it easy for...

Cons

I don't have anything I'd want to improve at this time.

CN

Csaba N.

Medical Devices, 11-50 employees

Great product. Excellent support.

By using Rippling, we don't need to have an HR person on our payroll. We feel confident that we are compliant while saving money.

Pros

Rippling is quite easy and intuitive to use. It is very comprehensive and contains many features that I plan to use in the future. It is excellent at reminding you to do tasks so that you remain in compliance. (e.g. an employee moves and it prompts you, and reminds you, to update appropriate forms). I am especially impressed with their support. No matter how good a product like this is, you will always find yourself with edge cases where you want to feel assured you are staying legal and doing it the right way. I've contacted Rippling support many times and in almost every circumstance was more than satisfied with the quick live chat response, thorough knowledgeable staff who are experts in their domains. I feel like I have an HR team working with me and can count on them every time.

Cons

We integrated towards the end of the year (Nov) and we should have waited until the new calendar year Jan 1 to start the rollover from our previous PEO. There were some issues with tax documents that our accountants had to manually resolve.

ZL

Zac L.

Wholesale, 51-200 employees

Rippling isa fully featured HRIS suite with excellent customer service to manage through issues

We were able to consolidate 4 platforms into 1.

Pros

The implementation process with Rippling is really special. Each of there "apps" has a workflow built in the UI to step through configuration, data transfer, documentation and the other steps. We really liked this. Also, the customer service is as good as people say. A great knowledge base with video walkthroughs, quick chat responses and a dedicated team of human resources.

Cons

There are only two areas that I would say we have been disappointment with. 1. Scheduling is not available in time management yet. We have been told its on the road map, but for now there is not a simple, native way to track attendance against a schedule for hourly employees. 2. Benefits admin in Rippling was designed to use forms that are emailed to carriers for updates rather than the industry standard EDI file transfer. They recently added a partner that does EDI with a number of carriers so this has become less of a problem.

PK

Parth K.

Staffing and Recruiting, 51-200 employees

Fantastic onboarding app with user-friendly UI and robust functionality

The software makes it simple for me to seek time off from my supervisor. I can see how many hours my direct reports have worked and how many they intend to work in the near future. It just makes organising things and dealing with onboarding a lot easier and smoother. I've spent a lot less time worrying about whether or not a time-off request was accepted, as well as how many time-off hours I had before and after a request is submitted or authorised.

Pros

Rippling's UI is extremely intuitive, simple to use, and delivers all of the information required for effective people management and operations. Rippling's Time-off feature is by far the most user-friendly. As a consequence, I and the approver and spend less time on administrative activities, which allows me to devote more time to my real job tasks. The dashboard is simple to use and helps you quickly discover the information you want. The nicest part is that I can change the quantities of my payments to different accounts each pay cycle. Signing up for employment benefits, submitting time off requests, controlling your work equipment, and checking your payment information are all simpler processes.

Cons

The Rippling Android App lacks key functionality included in the Rippling browser version. The functions under Insurance & Benefits, in particular, are not available in the Android app. My main concern would be purchasing add-ons to get all of the functionality you require. The onboarding procedure was quite lengthy. I wish Rippling could accept expenditure payments.

MS

Mike S.

Construction, 1-10 employees

I Replaced 9 Separate Web Services with ONLY Rippling

Pros

Does everything you need... really... Onboarding, Background Checks, Employment/Education Verification, Payroll, PTO, Single Sign-On, Hardware Management, 401(k) through Guideline, Health Insurance, Dental/Vision/LTD/Life Insurance, on and on and on. Service is immediate... while other companies fail at email only service, Rippling nails it... in like 3 minutes usually... way faster and more precise than a phone call. Sometimes the founder even takes care of my requests... no really... the founder. Employees never ask me to train them anymore, it's so slick and easy to use. Really happy.

Cons

The only con is that I can't change an employee's username to their work email... it's always their personal email that they set input when they sign their offer letter... but the more I think about it it doesn't really matter.